Quantcast

12 Dead, Dozens Injured as Truck Runs Through Crowd in New Orleans, Bourbon Street

“The 8th District is currently working a mass casualty incident involving a vehicle that drove into a large crowd on Canal and Bourbon Street. There are 30 injured patients and 10 12 fatalities,” NOLA Ready, New Orleans emergency preparedness program, said in a statement.

NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Multiple people are dead after the New Orleans Police Department reported that a car plowed into a group of people on Bourbon Street.

It happened around 3:15 a.m. at the corner of Bourbon and Iberville streets.

At this time, the NOPD are reporting about 10 fatalities with possibly 30 others injured injured as of 6 a.m.

EMS is currently on the scene. Additionally, Bourbon Street has been shut down at this time, according to the NOPD.

“A horrific act of violence took place on Bourbon Street earlier this morning. Please join Sharon and I in praying for all the victims and first responders on scene. I urge all near the scene to avoid the area.” ~ Louisiana Governor Jeff Landry (LINK)

Other media is reporting that the driver got out of the vehicle with a weapon and opened fire on the crowd.

(more…)

New York City Mayor Eric Adams Affirms His Intent to Support Border Czar Tom Homan – 500,000 Children are Missing and Likely Being Exploited

As New York City continues to devolve into a leftist mess, a result of entrenched ideological control over the functions of government, the police agencies and the court system, Democrat Mayor Eric Adams realizes he’s going to be governing over the ashes unless something changes.

Mayor Adams met with Border Czar Tom Homan today and exits the discussion in full operational support of Homan’s intent, the capture and removal of criminal aliens.  During his remarks outlining why he supports the effort, Mayor Adams notes 500,000 children are missing and likely subjected to various levels of alarming exploitation. WATCH:

.

(more…)

Police Arrest Suspect in Healthcare CEO Assassination

The police have arrested Luigi Mangione, 26, in Pennsylvania for the murder of UnitedHealth executive Brian Thompson.

Apparently, Mangione still had the handgun and multiple items of physical evidence connecting him to the assassination.

(Reuters) -Authorities have arrested the man suspected of killing UnitedHealth executive Brian Thompson in a brazen shooting outside a Manhattan hotel last week, New York City officials said on Monday, ending a massive five-day manhunt.

The suspect, identified as Luigi Mangione, 26, was captured in Altoona, Pennsylvania, after he was spotted eating at a McDonald’s by an employee of the fast food restaurant who believed he resembled the gunman, officials said at a news conference.

Mangione was found with a “ghost gun” – a firearm assembled from parts, making it untraceable – and a silencer consistent with the weapon used to shoot Thompson, New York City Police Commissioner Jessica Tisch said, as well as clothing and a mask similar to those worn by the killer. The ghost gun may have been produced by a 3D printer, said Joseph Kenny, the NYPD’s chief of detectives.

(more…)

Daniel Penny Found “Not Guilty”

Justice served, albeit painfully long in the outcome.

Veteran Daniel Penny has been found not guilty of the charge of ‘criminally negligent homicide’ by a jury in New York City.  The prior charge of ‘manslaughter’ was previously dropped after the jury deadlocked on the count.

(VIA AP) – A Marine veteran who used a chokehold on an agitated subway rider was acquitted on Monday in a death that became a prism for differing views about public safety, valor and vigilantism.

A Manhattan jury cleared Daniel Penny of criminally negligent homicide in Jordan Neely’s 2023 death. A more serious manslaughter charge was dismissed earlier in deliberations because the jury deadlocked on that count.

Both charges were felonies and carried the possibility of prison time.

Penny, who had shown little expression during the trial, briefly smiled as the verdict was read. Both applause and anger erupted in the courtroom, and Neely’s father and two supporters were told to leave after making various remarks — including vulgarities from one of the supporters. Another person also left, wailing with tears.

Penny’s lawyers said he was protecting himself and other subway passengers from a volatile, mentally ill man who was making alarming remarks and gestures. (read more)

Interestingly, Ben Crump didn’t represent the Neely ‘family’ inside this case.  However, that will likely not stop the grievance industry from using the not guilty verdict in an attempt to enlist chaotic support from Antifa and the remnants of BLM.

(more…)

Joe Biden Addresses the Situation in Syria, as al-Qaeda and Various Factions of The Brotherhood Now Take Charge

Syria is a hot mess.  There’s only one face with a genuine smile today, Turkish Leader Recep Erdogan who has been attempting to leverage support for the “rebels” in Syria for a decade.  Through the years U.S. policy in Syria essentially armed and supported various factions of al-Qaeda, al-Nusra, and eventually Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), whose leader, Abu Mohammed al-Golani, is essentially the Defacto head of the rebels who now control it.

What happens next is anyone’s guess.  The various elements of Islamic rebellion fall under the political umbrella of the Muslim Brotherhood; however, they have yet to show an ability to effectively govern in any region or state without extreme authoritarian rule.  Odds are high that Syria will tilt in that direction and eventually fall upon the only governing mechanism they understand, Sharia Law.

Joe Biden hails the efforts of the Syrian Rebels as a victory; however, these are the same rebels we armed and then fought repeatedly -in various iterations- as an outcome of U.S policy under the Obama/Biden administration. Lessons never learned from Benghazi, Syria is a hot mess.

.

(Via Fox News) – Islamist leader Abu Mohammed al-Golani, who led a lightning offensive through Syria, has a long history of extremism despite a recent appeal to moderate policies.

[…]  Golani would cut ties with al Qaeda in 2016 and lead a merger between HTS and other Islamist groups in northwest Syria in 2017, bringing him control of territory that had fallen out of government hands during the country’s long civil war.

(more…)

Assassin of UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson Still on the Loose

I find it very interesting amid all of our current discussions unattached to the events in New York City, that ‘facial recognition technology‘ appears to be the investigative emphasis to find the gunman who killed UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson on December 4th.

From the latest information, the assassin arrived in New York City on November 24, traveling from Atlanta, Georgia, to New York City by bus.  Ten days later the unknown gunman executed his mission.  New York police have some evidence from the trail of the gunman as they track his travel into and then out of the area.  {Developments Here}

The evidence includes CCTV security images of the gunman checking in to a hostel, using a fake New Jersey ID, paying cash.  The police also located a water bottle purchased from a local Starbucks and a cell phone retrieved from the area where the gunman fled.  If the assassin was a professional, the physical evidence could be purposeful, meaning dropped intentionally.

With this much time to distance himself from the area, it will be challenging for investigators to locate him, even if they are able to come up with a solid identification.  And with that background, again we go into the world of ‘facial recognition software’ as a tool to identify a bad guy.  Strange coincidence. Hmmm?

(more…)

Jurors Deadlocked in Daniel Penny Trial – Judge Says Keep Deliberating, Contemplating Allen Charge

The jurors in the trial of Daniel Penny have been in deliberations since Tuesday. Today the jury informed the judge they are deadlocked and unable to come to a verdict.

The 12-person jury sent a note Friday morning saying they are having trouble reaching a consensus on whether to convict Penny, 26, of “recklessly” causing Neely’s death by placing him in a six-minute chokehold back in May 2023. If the jury continues to be unable to reach a verdict, Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Maxwell Wiley would be required to give them what’s known as an “Allen” charge, urging them to reach a unanimous verdict.

NEW YORK – Jurors are deadlocked in the case of marine veteran Daniel Penny, 24, who pled not guilty to manslaughter charges brought on after he held street performer Jordan Neely in a fatal chokehold on a New York City subway train last year.

Jurors began deliberations on Tuesday in the trial of a military veteran accused of causing the death of a man with a chokehold on a New York subway, and ended with uncertainty this morning as the jury failed to come to a decision.

(more…)

Acting U.S. Secret Service Director Ronald Rowe Has His “Code Red” Moment When Questioned by Representative Pat Fallon

Ronald Rowe Jr., the acting director of the U.S. Secret Service, spoke at a congressional hearing today investigating the two assassination attempts of presidential candidate Donald Trump.  After Representative Pat Fallon of Texas began questioning Rowe about his presence at a 2024 9/11 remembrance ceremony in New York, the two men engaged in a shouting match in which Rowe accused Fallon of using 9/11 for political purposes.

“You know why you were there? Because you want to be visible,” Fallon accused. “You are out of line, congressman,” Rowe responded.  The shouting match devolved from there.  WATCH:

.

(more…)

President Trump Cabinet Picks Face Bomb Threats and Swatting Attempts

Multiple cabinet nominees of President-Elect Trump have faced threats against their lives and their families.  President Trump’s spokesperson Karoline Leavitt released a statement:

According to Reuters: […] “Elise Stefanik, a Republican U.S. representative and Trump’s choice to be U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, and Lee Zeldin, a former Republican congressman who is Trump’s pick to head the Environmental Protection Agency, both said in separate statements they had been the targets of bomb threats.

On Wednesday evening Pete Hegseth, Trump’s nominee to be U.S. defense secretary, said his family had been the target of a pipe bomb threat.

(more…)

FBI Arrests Homeless Man In Bomb Plot Against U.S. Stock Exchange

According to breaking media reports the suspect, Harun Abdul-Malik Yener, was homeless.

Yet somehow, he found the resources to travel from Florida to New York and assemble the contents of a device that would be used to bomb the New York Stock Exchange.

NEW YORK – U.S. law enforcement on Wednesday arrested a homeless Florida man and charged him with plotting to bomb the New York Stock Exchange after an undercover employee recorded him saying, “I feel like Bin Laden,” federal officials allege.

The suspect, Harun Abdul-Malik Yener, took steps to set off a bomb outside the stock exchange on Wall Street in lower Manhattan, according to an FBI affidavit. The affidavit was filed in support of a criminal complaint charging Yener with attempting to damage or destroy a building used in interstate commerce by means of an explosive.

Yener has been assigned a federal public defender in the Southern District of Florida whose office did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for a statement regarding his defense.

(more…)