The MSM is insufferable in their intentional disconnect of the dynamic behind the North Korean denuclearization talks.  It was Chinese Chairman Xi Jinping who brought the DPRK to the table; and it was Chinese Chairman Xi Jinping who pushed North Korea away from the table in their manipulative efforts to extract trade concessions. Every other review of the geopolitical gamesmanship is chaff and countermeasures.

U.S. President Trump is holding massive steel and aluminum tariffs as an economic sword of Damocles over the head of Beijing during ongoing trade negotiations.  Chairman Xi sought to increase his own leverage by pulling North Korea’s Chairman Kim Jong-un away from bilateral peace and denuclearization talks.  However, POTUS Trump responded to the Beijing power-play by announcing a Section 232 trade review over the entire auto-industry; and then bolstered his counter-move by cancelling talks with Kim Jong-un.

Red Dragon didn’t expect President Trump to respond so effectively to the customary schemes notoriously famous in any Chinese negotiation encounter. I really believe Chairman Xi underestimates how adept POTUS Trump is at cutting through the obfuscation and obtuse moves.

Within minutes of President Trump withdrawing from the June 12th summit, Beijing realized all of their trade leverage was just wiped out.  Playing deceptive panda isn’t going to work this time.

(Via AP) – North Korea says it is still willing to sit down for talks with the United States “at any time, at any format” after President Donald Trump abruptly canceled his planned summit with Kim Jong Un.

Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan issued a statement Friday saying North Korea is “willing to give the U.S. time and opportunities” to reconsider talks.

Kim says North Korea’s “objective and resolve to do our best for the sake of peace and stability of the Korean Peninsula and all humankind remain unchanged.”

Kim is calling Trump’s decision “unexpected” and “very regrettable,” and says the cancellation of the talks shows “how grave the status of historically deep-rooted hostile North Korea-U.S. relations is and how urgently a summit should be realized to improve ties.”  (link)

South Korean Prime Minister Moon Jae-in is the Asian version of Barack Obama, and much like North Korean Chairman Kim Jong-un essentially irrelevant in this geopolitical confrontation.  Take a seat, or make a sandwich…. it matters not.

This is a battle, a massive economic battle, between U.S. President Trump and Chinese Chairman Xi.  Period.

Whenever this geopolitical economic trade confrontation is resolved; that’s when Chairman Xi will instruct Chairman Kim to take the knee.  Not a moment before.

Until the U.S. -vs- China economic confrontation is solved, Xi will continue to use the DPRK threat as his principle leverage in the negotiations.

Beijing thinks the wounded panda performance will play well amid the mindset behind the United Nations and the European union.

However, they underestimate the willingness of President Trump to be the guy willing to punch you in the face.  Trump simply doesn’t care about the external opinions of the audience – POTUS knows he’s fighting the Dragon behind the Panda mask; even if the witnessing audience is unwilling to accept it.

That’s the paradigm shift Beijing is attempting to navigate; while it simultaneously plays to an internal and external audience.

President Trump has waited three decades for the opportunity to step into the arena and take this righteous battle to America’s primary economic adversary and geopolitical threat.  President Trump ain’t going to suddenly develop a propensity toward Marquess of Queensbury rules.  He’s a Queens scrapper at heart.  An uncouth predator willing to put a roll of quarters inside his Corinthian leather glove if that’s what it takes to smash the mouth of his opposition.

There is one objective in this dynamic, to win.

Though thankfully the the times are few, even in the short history of our Republic there have been times when survival of the U.S. required brutal men to stand the wall.  President Trump is such a man; right now is such a time.

Vulgarian Trump will not back down from his position; the U.S. holds all of the leverage and the issue must be addressed.  President Trump has waited three decades for this moment.  This President and his team are entirely prepared for this.

We are finally confronting the geopolitical Red Dragon, China!

The Olive branch and arrows denote the power of peace and war. The symbol in any figure’s right hand has more significance than one in its left hand. Also important is the direction faced by the symbols central figure. The emphasis on the eagles stare signifies the preferred disposition. An eagle holding an arrow also symbolizes the war for freedom, and its use is commonly referred to the liberation fight of righteous people from abusive influence. The eagle on the original seal created for the Office of the President showed the gaze upon the arrows.

The Eagle and the Arrow – An Aesop’s Fable

An Eagle was soaring through the air. Suddenly it heard the whizz of an Arrow, and felt the dart pierce its breast. Slowly it fluttered down to earth. Its lifeblood pouring out. Looking at the Arrow with which it had been shot, the Eagle realized that the deadly shaft had been feathered with one of its own plumes.

Moral: We often give our enemies the means for our own destruction.

This entry was posted in ASEAN, China, Communist, Donald Trump, Economy, European Union, Japan, media bias, N Korea, NAFTA, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

421 Responses to Chairman Xi Jinping Responds: North Korea says it is still willing to talk with US “at any time” and in “any format”

1. MTK says:

Good Panda, Bad Panda…. gadzillions at stake.
    Sleeping Dragon, Awoke Dragon… face at stake.
    Mighty Eagle, Humble Eagle… gazillions at stake.
    Soaring Eagle, Resting Eagle… face at stake.

Around, and around it goes… where it lands nobody knows.
    Up and down… as if we would know.

Around, around it goes… if the truth be told.
    Up and down… surely we would know.

Truth be told… the risks be high.
    Behold the truth… there are the fraughts.
    (M)ountains can be climbed.
    (S)treams can be crossed.
    (M)arshes can be drained.
    (T)herein lays a truth.
    (E)vidently not all see.
    (L)ayers of risk.
    (L)eft not to the unWise.
    (L)ies that benefit none.
    (I)nsofar this risk can be seen.
    (E)verything is now on hold.
    (S)ays a man looking apon the summit.

• POTUS is gonna have to stand firm and cause real economic pain for China before they capitulate. It may take awhile, but they will eventually come back to the table, imo.

• Jedi9 says:

Here in HK, Friday May 25th 2018

This is dominating news everywhere in HK, can’t escape it. It is funny to see how they are playing clips of Trump’s arms folded, Pompeio testifying before congress and the Singapore summit being cancelled being on every channel. The Yen is suspiciously getting bullish all of a sudden, which means either insider info on the trading front, or people are getting nervous whenever uncertainty is being projected. The other interesting development is Chinese jet fighters and bombers are being flown to their little base in the spratley islands, something else that is being played in the news cycles that they are bookending to follow the US coverage.

Yesterday had to go to the US embassy to renew my passport, as I am getting ready for a China trip in June, and my Visa with the Chinese consulate was rejected. Their reason was I didn’t have enough pages, which clearly I did, but to no avail I was told to apply for a new passport. While I was waiting in line, I noticed it was nice to see President Trump and Vice President Pence’s pictures hung on the wall. I took great pleasure in seeing this knowing Obama and that scum bag Joe Biden no longer adorne the walls of our embassy’s. Amazing though how many people were trying to get Visa’s to come to the US. Very busy place compared to other US embassy’s I have visited over the years in different countries I have traveled and worked in. Then the thought of immigration entered my mind, and well, I digressed into thinking “dam we still need that wall, especially against Chinese nationals who have easy access to our culture and our secrets.” Too easy I say.

On a personal level, I am proud of Trump for this latest move, it really is sending a very clear message that this isn’t Obama’s or Clinton’s America anymore, that Jacksonian leadership has truly returned, something China during their ascendancy has never experienced before. His remarks in a previous presser was indicative of that perspective when he said ‘the days of everyone taking advantage of America are over and it can not continue’! Knowing the Chinese they will always try to weasel their way to taking any advantage that they can get away with. Think Mao waving his hand with a pointed finger and saying “we can negotiate anything”! Don’t ever trust the Chinese when they say that! Be very suspicious of any deal they are bent are trying to get! Even my own Wife at times tries to manipulate me, it’s in her nature! Lol! I kid her though about this with lighthearted discourse but she knows I am right.

Just today, I had to deal with a client looking to finance a real estate project for 450 US million dollars. The item of contention was the collateral in which he is trying to negotiate in not paying. I was thinking, “yeah so you want us to give you free money with no guarantees for our risk assessment, crazy,” do banks grant the same leniency when originating mortgages where they give the keys to the house with no money down? I think not! I simply asked him, if he could buy a house without expecting to put any money down as a security deposit? Needless to say he became silent after I posed that question to him. This is what I deal with on a daily basis, and showing weakness is not an option when dealing with the Chinese. Remaining calm composed and poker faced is the only way. If they want it bad enough, they will pay eventually, it just takes patience. Anyway, the client is going to be back on Monday in hopes that we came to our senses, and we acquiescence to his demands and I am already prepared to tell him to take a hike if he doesn’t accept our terms. A good day all around I say! Smile!

• Is that you, Q? Seriously, what a great post!

• The World’s Axis Tilted, Atlas Shrugged
      Know nothings at risk, heart strings tugged
      Founders praying …freedom too long mugged
      Another country with good and evil at war
      Yet there is a savior beckoning from the shore

Truth and goodness against evil and lies
      Hope re-emergent as the globalist death squad cries

Truth be told good is the better fighter
      To those crowing prematurely we take the proverbial lighter

(D)oubt can be beaten
      (E)vasion can be confronted
      (E)vil can be taken down
      (P)ropaganda can be unveiled and deprogrammed
      (S)in can be named
      (T)error can be attacked
      (A)ssimilation can arm future freedom fighters
      (T)yranny’s marketing can be decoded
      (E)xceptionalism can be proudly pursued
      (B)ureaucracy can be defunded
      (L)eftism can be diagnosed as dangerous delusion
      (I)llegals can be deported, disarmed and de-drugged
      (N)RA can be given a bigger voice than MSM
      (K)illing babies, disabled and elderly is wrong
      (S)tanding for America IS just and right

2. umr_engnr says:

President Trump still has a huge piece of leverage. The American people. Many Americans are currently content to buy cheap, poisonous goods from China that break a day after you buy them. But if a large portion of the American population were to refuse to buy Chinese made goods they would go under so quick it would be an awesome thing to witness. There are so many accounts of them kidnapping children for slave labor, using heavy metals in toys for children, putting kill switches in electronic devices, spyware, etc that a PR campaign would be easy to wage.

I have seen first hand how they claim to meet standards, but when independently tested they fail miserably We have the ability, and in my mind responsibility, to ensure that they are complying with our safety standards and that their products actually meet the standards they are marked with (CE, UL, etc).

That we got this far in bed with China, who is not our friend, is a sad testament to our corrupt government and their utter disregard for protecting American interests and the American people.

• Dutchman says:

There is a nascent ‘buY AMERICAN’ in the consciousness, just leads a little encouragement.
      Wheres the Political thread, where nitecrawlers hang out?

• Maquis says:

I’m down with that. Returned the first Chinese product I ever bought, thirty years back, when I realized where it was from. Got to have little choice for a long time. Now, I look, and avoid China crap when I can.

An American Buycott is in order.

• filia.aurea says:

Well said. I despise substandard Chinese goods. Cheap and nasty is an understatement, we should add poisonous and infectious to that description. Why are we trading with forced live organ harvesting communists? Wilbur can negotiate all he wants, but I’d rather forage in the woods before I’d eat Chinese canned chicken. Slick and IBM committed the most treasonous act when they transferred IBM supercomputer technology to the Chines. And this madness continues. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/business/ibm-project-in-china-raises-us-concerns.html

• 7delta says:

Unfortunately, it’s hard to completely avoid buying goods made in China, but I don’t, when possible, including just not buying an elective item when I can’t find one that’s made in the U.S.

I also don’t buy anything that doesn’t tell me where it’s made, especially pet food/treats, etc., just who distributes it. I got very picky, after Chinese pet food manufacturers substituted melamine for the protein and killed a lot of dogs and cats. During that time, they were also using dangerous/deadly substitutes for baby formula, toothpaste and other consumable products.

I’m not very forgiving about such wanton practices, even though I didn’t lose a pet or have family harmed. Others did and I ain’t happy ’bout it.

• laurelmarycecilia says:

UMR…… what you say is eminently true; but, it is also a sad testament to our fallen human nature. Way too many Americans voluntarily, purposefully, knowingly buy Chinese goods because of price……. other more noble sentiments don’t figure in

• Phillie_fan62 says:

Quite correct! Back in the 90’s I started making crafts to sell at craft shows. Some of my products wouldn’t sell simply because you could go to any store and buy a similar product made in china. Their product was about 1/3 the price of mine. I had to charge a certain amount to cover my costs for the material and for my labor. I contemplated lowering my price, but I could only break even if I did that1 So what’s the alternative? I stopped doing the craft shows! I wasn’t going to waste my time.
        I took great pride in my products. For instance, I made a Santa Clause to put near your front door 4 feet high, the wood was rounded edge exterior landscape pole with rounded edges, All paints I used were exterior high grade name brand paints, I used a regular;ar mop for the hair beard and mustache. I hand painted the face and used good materials for the hat and other things. I built it to withstand the weather! I have the same one I built when I started! It’s over 20 years old and shows no wear! The ones you would purchase from the Chinese would only last about 2 years if you were lucky!

I ended up selling a ton of them just through word of mouth from people who did buy one off of me. The same people who purchased my Santas came back for more when I started making 4 foot high indoor snowmen with lights and a Christmas tree on a Stand! I made table sized models identical to the large size. Sold a ton of them too! The money I made from just those two items I purchased better woodworking machines. I now make small furniture for friends and family custom fit and color to their liking. The small crafts I have left I give them to people who I meet that come into my home as a gift.
        American made products are far better than what we’re importing from China. I’m proud of everything I make cause it’s made here with my own hands, not slave labor.

• Jedi9 says:

That is pretty cool! I hope more people like you start producing again. If I saw your work I am sure I would buy it as I really appreciate good craftsmanship especially one that is made with passion and love!

• Paul B. says:

A lot of our “organic” milk solids come from China also, which makes me wonder.

• TPW says:

The scariest thing of all is they and many other countries make our medicines ….this has got TO STOP

• Alligator Gar says:

Refused to buy a high-tensile fence strainer today at Tractor Supply because it was made in China. MAGA!!

3. nbkilgore says:

POTUS has mastered Akido, using your opponents strength/force and redirect it to your opponent without exerting your own strength! Bravo Sen Se POTUS Trump! As always, Sundance’s simplicity prevails again!

4. Dutchman says:

Yes, this is exactly the way N.Korea has negotiated in the past; walking out cause they didn’t like the shape of the table, or size of the flags.
    Being unpredictable, irratic. DJT is mirroring them, “right back at ya”.

• filia.aurea says:

You mean China, aka N.Korea. This is a major reason we have a $500B trade deficit with China. And who knows how much in theft/technology transfer of our intellectual property. I worked on a team with a Chinese professor, we were funded by two major U.S. Corporations, but he had no qualms transferring the technology we developed to his cohorts in China. We’ve been hoodwinked for years. China thinks we’re all stupid. Go get ’em POTUS.

• Lou Foxwell says:

Read the NK letter carefully. Kim is saying the only way to rebuild trust with the US is to stand united with SK. Think about that for a few minutes….

5. jello333 says:

Xi Jinping: “No fair! Sun Tzu was Chinese! Trump! Cultural appropriation!”

6. Dutchman says:

Lol, so Xi is a “progressive”, huh?

• G. Combs says:

“Progressive” = FABIAN Socialists. They believe in a gradual march to Socialism
      “Communist’ = Revolutional Overthrow to achieve Socialism

HOWEVER the goal is the same. A world wide totalitarian regime of serfs and elites that controls everything and everyone with an iron fist.

We say the ‘Communist Model’ in the USSR

We see the ‘Fabian Model’ in the European Union. Note the muzzling of free speech and disarming of SUBJECTS (aka Slaves of the State.)

SEE: https://www.postsustainabilityinstitute.org/the-post-sustainable-future.html
      For what the Elite have planned for us.

7. Long live Mr O’donaghues heartburn

8. konradwp1 says:

China has gravely underestimated president Trump twice now. You’d think they are starting to get the message.

The first incident was when Trump was first elected. They rattled their little bulldog’s chain and North Korea dutifully barked. Shurely Trump would appease just like Obama? But Trump wasn’t having any of that and just barked back louder. His button is of course bigger and it works! An annual test of a Minuteman from Vandenberg emphasised that point.

After Chinese Chairman Xi Jinping’s first meeting with Trump in April 2017, the Chinese realise Trump knows they are using NK’s aggression as a political tool, that NK is their vassal state and he is going to use the trade hammer against them if this behaviour persists. Within days coal shipments from NK are being turned away from China and China finally starts to enforce international sanctions against NK.

North Korea’s response surprises the ill-informed media:
    They turn and bite the hand that feeds them. “China had better ponder over the grave consequences to be entailed by its reckless act of chopping down the pillar of the DPRK-China relations.” China responded by saying that if NK attacked first, China would not defend them.

But bad blood has been brewing between NK and China for some time. While NK would have no missile or nuke programs without China’s help, China had rules and their little bulldog broke them. China’s avionics were to be used for medium range ballistic missiles not ICBMs. Their little bulldog was supposed to have atomic weapons, not thermonuclear. But in 2016 a recovery operation to retrieve parts of one of NK’s first long range missiles from 2000m deep in the sea of Japan finds that while lower stages were rigged with explosives to hide evidence, not all Chinese components were destroyed. China was already primed to throw North Korea under the bus.

Since April 2017, most of NK’s aggression while apparently directed against the US and its allies, it has really been directed at China. NK has always been rewarded for threatening the US and its allies, so NK tried to show they could go rogue without China’s assistance or approval if China did not end sanctions and turn the tap back on.

Threatening a “40 mile ring of fire around Guam”? That’s NK telling China that even though China is now denying them access to the encrypted Precision BeiDou Navigation Satellite System and the CEP on their missiles has blown out to 40 miles, they can still target a US protectorate.

Showing off a new solid fuel development facility? That’s NK telling China that even though their light fuels sanctions have crippled the NK petrochemical industry, even without hypergolic fuels they can still make missiles fly.

In their latest mistake, China listened to the Lame Scream Media response to Trump agreeing to talks. The LSM said Trump was a fool to agree to talks and was a narcissist who would fail achieve real results in negotiations with NK if he could just come away with a slight positive outcome he could spin. Maybe they could take de-denuclearising NK off the table, keep their bulldog and still win a soft option on the resolution of the trade imbalance? Big Mistake! Trump is not after a worthless Noble Peace Prize, he’s just trying to fix a $400 billion a year trade imbalance and denuclearising NK is the price China must pay for the easy way rather than the hard way.

In the inevitable negotiations Trump now holds two aces. A $400 billion a year trade imbalance that China knows must be fixed and the knowledge that China, despite their actions, considers NK to be a political liability.

And what could he win with those aces? Correcting the trade balance with China? Peace on the Korean Peninsular? Or maybe market access by the US and its allies to nation of 25 million with seriously under exploited natural resources, where none of those 25 million potential consumers owns a microwave, cell phone, flat screen or car?

9. hatterasgal says:

Sundance your writing sometimes just blows my mind!!!! God bless you!!!

10. Pyrthroes says:

Calling Trump “crude and vulgar” mistakes his nature, commits an error crude-and-vulgar in itself. Among much else, our President is a “happy warrior” reveling in give-and-take, choosing battles wisely, a master showman with a deep-seated sense of humor, embracing the absurd.

Laugh if you will, but what was said of Charles Dickens applies to Trump: He is “generously angry”, viewing humanity’s gallery-of-grotesques with bemused sympathy approaching awe. As the psalmist says, “Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, for righteousness’ sake, for they shall be filled.”

• pyromancer76 says:

Maybe. I almost wept at the “goodness” of President Trump’s letter to His Excellency of North Korea.

At the same time, our rough-and-ready, all American hero knows the evil that lurks in the hearts of men and is willing to go toe-to-toe for eventual justice, to mix many metaphors.

Achieving and maintaining liberty and justice for all has not been nor will ever be just a “happy warrior’s” job. Remember Charles Dickens was a writer, an arena where imagination can triumph; President Trump is a highly successful actor in the real world.

How many wars were there in the 20th Century and how has the 21st started out? This is the real world, a vicious one that President Trump is using his VSG and that of many patriotic Americans, and allies, to vastly minimize towards the ideal of liberty and justice for all.

• FYISAKI says:

MagNIFicant, Pyrthroes ! Thank You !!

• IMO, that was SD tongue-in-cheek disdain for those who call our VSG these despicable names.

11. John Matrix says:

Why do I have the feeling that Xi has a very similar look on his face to that of Go master champions lee sedol and ke jie after getting their asses handed to them by alpha go?
    Sorry chairman xi, you’ve just encountered Alpha Trump, he’s going to kick your ass in ways you never thought possible. But don’t fret, you have lots of company, just ask lil’ tommy Donahue, hillary, a corrupt media, and the deep state.

12. Sharpshorts says:

Wait for it:
    MSM narrative of the left – ‘NK is “good” and wants to end proliferation of atomic weapons. Trump is obstructing peace!.
    We will be hearing the old “thousands of people will die” mantra again, but greatly amplified.
    Those that buy the narrative above cannot even consider the question; “then why doesn’t NK (China) just do it because it’s the right thing to do? Why don’t they just end their atomic weapon programs without expecting anything from the west (US)?
    The world is divided by acceptance versus rejection of the madness of hypocrisy…the “One World” kumbaya baloney….Always has been, always will.

• Phillie_fan62 says:

If the Chinese and the N. Koreans are basing their actions on what the American MSM is saying about Trump and his negotiating team? That to me is why they’re acting this way. The media is doing what they do best. Sticking it to the people here! They must believe all the fake polls put out there also. The leftist media and the democrats are giving them the wrong impression of what’s happening. Yes in the past we’ve had very bad people making bad deals and bending over backwards to the Chinese. they’re used to that! Now we have a new sheriff in town and things are different. But the media is giving them the wrong impression.

• TPW says:

The world is divided by idiots and those with critical thinking ability.

13. tav144 says:

Somebody forgot to put their big boy pants on. Can’t bluff the bluff buster. LoL

14. Sundance had several excellent lines in this article, but my favorite was “President Trump simply doesn’t operate in the land of traditional diplomatic discomfort… he doesn’t have any inclination to play these insufferable games.” That right there is one of the reasons I do an internal ‘happy dance’ everyday. That, and knowing that Donald J Trump is POTUS. Yep, happiness!

15. Robert Mellinkoff says:

All a set up, The mainstream news wants you to believe S,Korea also is shocked that Trump did this when they knew before we did when their President was here. Rocket Man has already started his BS with his people standing up ours in Singapore then his fabricated story about maybe canceling, then going after Pence. Now their reply as if they are shocked, all of them and China is scripting all of it.

• jello333 says:

IF Pence’s comments about Libya were indeed meant to be a threat to Kim (that he could end up like Khadaffi), then Pence DESERVES to be slammed. We’re on the verge of historic PEACEFUL developments in Korea, and Pence (and Bolton?) comes out and in effect threatens Kim with torture and death? If that was Pence’s intent, Trump should replace him with a new VP… period.

16. 6x47 says:

Even more insufferable is the constant derision of the TDS media, no matter what Trump does.

Right now, they’re all crowing how Trump got clowned and owned by Little Kim, fired off a petty immature letter, only to have the sober statesman Xi Jinping ride to the rescue.

It’s both funny and sad to see dumb people mocking something they aren’t smart enough to understand.

• 6x47 says:

Thinking back to the Obama Administration, I always believed Obama was getting clowned and owned by our enemies (notably Russia and Iran) but not because he was stupid. I always considered it a matter of him knowing exactly what he was doing: Taking the United States down a notch, and making amends to the people and nations he considered to be the historic victims of American Imperialism. Even if the beneficiaries of his generosity were ungrateful and rude about it, Obama was very happy with the outcome. He wasn’t incompetent; he was accomplishing what he intended to do even as he denied doing it.

You can’t declare Obama a failure unless you know what he was trying to do. He said one thing, did another. The actions he took are what he really intended, the empty words were camouflage and countermeasures.

• Phillie_fan62 says:

I agree! Obama knew exactly what he was doing. That’s why he was inserted as President to begin with. That was he goal. To weaken us as a nation. Thank God for Trump!

• jello333 says:

I think that’s likely true about some of what Obama did. But at the same time, I think there were many occasions where he did NOT accomplish what he wanted, simply because he refused to admit he was NOT the “smartest guy in the room”. To me, it’s pretty clear that Obama’s opinion of his own intelligence is WAY out of line from reality. Dude isn’t nearly as smart as he’s given credit for (and I’ll admit that when he first came on the scene even I thought he was pretty brilliant. HA!)

17. 6x47 says:

Just heard Michael Malice on the radio. He said the North Korean gambit of suddenly turning bellicose and pulling a no-call/no-show for the planning meetings in Singapore is a typical Soviet tactic: He was pushing Trump to take the measure of the man.

Would Trump accept the abuse and disrespect? Or would he push back? How far can North Korea go? Where is the line?

Essentially the same thing Russia tried in Syria, with the gas attacks and sending Russian “mercenaries” against American troops. Obama was desperate to avoid “incidents” and always backed down; the Russians were taking the measure of Trump to see just how hard (or soft) he really is.

Trump established that there is indeed a line, and he unlike his predecessors won’t tolerate their nonsense and hits back much harder than he’s probed.

Now that the facts have been established, real talks can commence.

18. beigun says:

“President Trump has waited three decades for the opportunity to step into the arena and take this righteous battle to America’s primary economic adversary and geopolitical threat…We are finally confronting the geopolitical Red Dragon, China!”

Huh? Thirty years ago, most Chinese were riding bikes and still wearing Mao suits.

We are finally confronting our Asia problem: Over 100 cumulative years of trade deficits.

60 consecutive years of trade deficits with Japan.
    30 consecutive years of trade deficits with Korea.
    20 consecutive years of trade deficits with China.

The US should never have permitted China to enter the WTO without first fixing the perennial trade deficits with Japan and Korea. It was akin to going to war in Iraq without finishing the job in Afghanistan. Doubling down on bad policies for decades led to the election of Trump.

Trump’s move on auto tariffs spells this out very clearly. The longest, largest trade deficit has been with Asian autos and no US administration could negotiate with Asia. This is not about confronting only the Red Dragon unless you believe Japan and Korea are the bastions of free, fair and reciprocal trade.

Trump is making a Paradigm Shift by linking Asian trade deficits to security and that story is much larger than US-China confrontation.

• G. Combs says:

China is the most dangerous because of their ultimate goal. World Domination.

Japan already tried it and got their A$$E$ handed to them.

19. “China counts on the traditional appeasement mindset of those who dislike confrontation.”
    That statement alone pretty much says it all. You could substitute the word “China” for just about every adversary the USA has today. The midset of appeasement was brought to us by the likes of damned near every President we’ve had in my lifetime (since Truman). Remember the ‘misery index’ during the Carter administration? Never again, I say.

20. G. Combs says:

What China has been counting on is the sheer unadultrated idiocy of the European/American oligarcy that thinks they can use China to knee cap the USA and THEN grab the reins and institute THEIR version of a World government.

China has their OWN PLANS as to who is going to eventually end up on top and it isn’t the European/American oligarcy aka Bildebergers or what ever.

I am sure China is very happy to see the EU suicide themselves via Islamic Jihadists with Canada, Australia and the USA following happily along. 🙄

• RH says:

You are 100% correct. Once China is the undisputed top dog the very first thing they are going to do is kill (or step on their throats) every last one of the European/American oligarcy aka Bildebergers.

Democracy and English will be wiped out.

21. Blue bongo says:

Sundance, the military piece to this game is also important. The Chinese this week were uninvited to a joint military exercise this summer…..dragon called it “uncooperative”. Taiwan is in play, with Xi’s bombers flying around the island and intercepted yesterday by Taiwan fighters. The Chinese move chess pieces, we move chess pieces, in the end we flip over the table.

• Orygun says:

It was a mistake to abandon Taiwan in favor of the communists. Opening up this huge market of mainland China was going to make a lot of American companies rich but in typical fashion the ChiComs turned it around and instead they are the rich ones and have stolen all of our technology to boot.

Nixon was setup with Watergate and the powers in the shadows wanted to open up our country to the ChiComs. I will give Nixon the benefit of the doubt and say he was coerced because I remember that move at the time and even someone who wasn’t paying attention could see that was a bad idea.

22. Dr Kent says:

I think we should be carefully scrutinizing how McConnell reacts to this given his now known attachment to China through his wife.
    His actions may be very subtitle as he is a snake, but I am curious why more about his connections haven’t shown up on this and other similar websites. Understanding that SD has been very busy with all that is being covered. The China trade negotiations seemingly would encompass McConnell working behind the scenes as I cannot believe he would not be.
    Anyone have any research or information about McConnell’s ties to China additional to what is in the book?

23. Timolin says:

The Chinese are clever and Xi is in a far stronger domestic position than President Trump. North Korea’s unexpected move to negotiate was unexpected when it happened. Perhaps the worst part of the initial phase was that talks were scheduled a month into the future, beyond the heady moments that the prisoners were returned. Trump made the correct call by cancelling the talks. Far more progress was made by Pompeo’s secret dealings. One cannot help but be suspicious of the massive Big State interest in failure to achieve disarmament. Do not fail to consider the huge opportunities presented by North Korea’s cheap labour pool, and low cost labour is running out. Kim Jong Un could well become one of the wealthiest men in the world as a result. My reading of several photographs is that he has balanced the preferences of top wealth against boring military parades and dodgy nukes, and decided to take the money. The talks will go ahead soon, and may happen very secretly. The Chinese may not have as much of a say as they would have if the status quo is maintained, so the President must correct that they have influenced the most recent turn of events. The Trump US is clever, too. The reading of motive by SUNDANCE looks highly accurate.

• John Matrix says:

Hey Timolin. I’m sorry but i have to disagree with the idea that any moves to negotiate were initiated by North Korea. Or, that President Trump hasn’t game planned this entire process. Kim has little, if any true agency/power in the flow, and, ultimate outcome of this process. North Korea is not much more than a Provence of China. They have been, and continue to be nothing more than leverage to be used by China/ Xi. President Trump is not following the old script provided by the pointy heads at the council for foreign relations, or the writers at Foreign Policy magazine.

24. czarowniczy says:

I’m thinking that Rocket Man blurted out his pique in an attempt to save some face, he thought he could say that even after bhe chadstised the American running dog president Trump came meekly to the meeting out of fear of North Korea’s in general and Kim Jong-un’s in particular power.
    After all of the work China’s put into it I don’t think I see them allowing this petulant little fart blow the summit.

25. Pegon Zellschmidt says:

“historically deep-rooted hostile North Korea-U.S. relations is.” Listening to msm, one might have thought it was just Trump. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, msm.

26. rudy1876 says:

What if John Kerry and Hillary Rodham, maybe Even Barry Soetero went to NK/China and asked them not to deal with the President and they said “Yeah yeah whatever you guys say…you bet…sure” just to get rid of them, and then those traitors went and “leaked” that it was all off? I don’t know but it wouldn’t surprise me a bit. I can even imagine what these countries were offered if they turned down the deal. Our enemies, and I mean the people that used to be in power, have pushed the narrative of PDJT as being a nothing 2-Dimensional character in a fantasy narrative that they actual, still, do not realize he is the President of the U.S.A. I swear, I think they literally haven’t realized it yet. Do they actually think they have as much power as he does with their piddlya** bank accounts and little boxes of weapons they have stored away or whatever can match what the United States can offer a friendly nation? These people are stupid.

• Stab, the unstoppable hero says:

Rudy. a few years ago I would read your post and think maybe you were one of those crazy conspiracy theorists. But nowadays, With Kerry trying to sabotage the Trump middle east policy in broad daylight. Watching the DNC controlled media trying to destroy the administrations domestic policy initiatives with blatant falsehoods.
      Watching these traitors everyday, I have been woke.
      I think you are absolutely correct in always assuming the WORST from the previous administration. They would destroy this country if it meant defeating President Trump. No question about it.

27. I love to watch the MSM dummies try to tell Michael Jordan how to dunk when they can’t touch the rim.

28. Jake says:

That last paragraph… goose bumps…

29. brh82 says:

Re: North Korea needs that Summit BADLY! “White Ghost Ships” lining the west coast of Japan happen because the current from North Korea facilitates boats carrying their dead fishermen’s skeletons, dead from running out of fuel and from starvation and baking in the sun.

30. Donna in Oregon says:

I watch Maria Bartaromo for news. She is a great commentator and interviewer. This morning she had Dagan on. She is such a chicken little and not very smart. I usually tune her out, but this morning she was running the show so I turned it off.

The Globalist hacks always use fear to spread their stupidity. Dagan never mentions the strategy to take down the Chinese, just fear about “how much prices will go up”. This is stupid.

We already have too much junk. It really would not hurt the average American to buy less crap (and it is cheap, Chinese crap) and save more. It was once important to buy American because you would make large purchases once, and they would last 20 years.

This also solves the problem of garbage. If everything is disposable, it doesn’t just leave planet earth when it leaves your house in the garbage can.

I would rather have a hand carved, real wood dresser drawer from an American, then the cheap ply wood chemical filled crap dresser they sell now. None of the furniture made now is going to become an antique that you pass down to your children and they pass down to their children. No one values family possessions because what is made now is just junk.

Same thing with cars. 10 years and it’s junk. Ever watch Barrett Jackson or Mecum Auto auctions? Beautiful, American made cars that are restored and pristine. They don’t look like bugs either. Not the same shape and style. They are unique, and American and they last forever and don’t lose their value.

Just sayin’…..that’s what Made in America used to mean. Quality, not junk. Saving our resources with quality, not quantity.