President Trump met with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg at the White House today for a bilateral meeting on EU security and trade issues.  During the Oval Office press availability both made remarks but president Trump took the opportunity to have an impromptu presser on other current issues.   WATCH:

Hopefully everyone paid attention to the North Korea topic. It was not coincidental the stompy-feet assertions of Kim Jong-un and the DPRK were timed at the exact moment Chinese Vice-Premier Liu arrived in the U.S. for important trade talks. Once again Chairman Xi Jinping is using his proxy province of N-Korea to leverage economic benefits:

WASHINGTON – Chinese President Xi Jinping’s special envoy and Vice-Premier Liu He arrived in Washington on Tuesday afternoon. Liu, also a member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China Central Committee and chief of the Chinese side of the China-US comprehensive economic dialogue, is leading a Chinese delegation for the talks.

The delegation members come from major economic sectors of the Chinese government. They include: Governor of the People’s Bank of China Yi Gang, Vice Chairman of the National Development and Reform Commission Ning Jizhe, Deputy Director of the Office of the Central Commission for Financial and Economic Affairs Liao Min, Vice Foreign Minister Zheng Zeguang, Vice Minister of Industry and Information Technology Luo Wen, Vice Finance Minister Zhu Guangyao, Vice Minister of Agriculture and Rural Affairs Han Jun, as well as Vice Minister of Commerce and Deputy International Trade Representative Wang Shouwen.

Before the delegation’s arrival, a Chinese working group arrived in the United States last week and engaged in intense consultations with the US side.
(read more)

POTUS Trump knows exactly what Chairman Xi is doing.  Xi is leveraging the N-Korea talks for a better trade outcome.

POTUS Trump executes the Panda Mask counter-play brilliantly:

♦’We are proceeding as scheduled with Kim Jong-un’…. ‘we haven’t heard anything different from their official position’… etc.

♦Then, President Trump expresses warmth and appreciation for Chairman Xi:  “friendship”, “close”, “together”, etc.

Dismissing the risk; accepting the meeting might not work; making Xi’s leverage less valuable, and then resetting the economic discussion by focusing back on the disparity of U.S – China trade imbalance.

The Dragon behind the Panda mask must be fuming.  President Trump just negated their entire leveraged play, and believe me the Chinese thought this strategy out for weeks, through a process of being immune to the DPRK downside.  Meh, ‘if we meet, we meet – if not, no biggie’….  Now, lets talk about the important stuff – T.R.A.D.E.

Too damned funny.

China dispatched their highest level officials in their play.  The use of the DPRK leverage was the super-fuel they planned to use in their negotiations.  Like.A.Boss President Trump just swatted away the foundation for China’s leverage before he even got to his chair.

Bold.

Takes swagger.

That’s our president.

This entry was posted in China, Communist, Economy, European Union, media bias, N Korea, NATO, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

200 Responses to Must Watch: President Trump Talks North Korea, China and Trade During NATO Bilat…

1. FL_GUY says:

President Trump is the VSG BOSS!!!!

2. wheatietoo says:

It’s funny that they think our President doesn’t see what they are doing.

China and Noko have never had to deal with someone like our VSG President.
    😀

• LBB says:

Agree, PDJT says he is not going to fault them for pulling one over on our previous stupid leaders. China as every reason to think they could repeat, except reason #1, PDJT.

• KBR says:

Perhaps they thought so before this little presser.

Now they cannot go into the meeting assured that they have an upper hand.

Remember, China has not admitted that Korea is merely an asset/puppet of theirs: to do so would be to admit to the world that the starvation and prisons and human rights violations in NK are their fault.

The dragon (the hellish oldest one) would be exposed, the Panda mask then would be of little value to save face. Cute happy panda theme does not match brutality death misery.

Loss of face. Forever.

• Wretched1 says:

Very insightful, KBR…

• wheatietoo says:

China also doesn’t want to admit that they have been using their little proxy-puppet to threaten the region with nukes.

• KBR says:

Yep nuclear devastation doesnt match cute happy panda either.

• Jedi9 says:

Reporting here from Hong Kong Friday Noon, May 18th 2018

There have been some interesting observations in which I have noticed this past week that I like to share, but first a little context on culture

First of all, the Chinese has not contributed anything to modern science.
          Think about this for a moment and know that everything they have now has been stolen, or simply given to them by our bad negotiators of the past, where they simply exploited. Hence the remark made by Trump of “500” billion dollars, or 800 and 500 of which is China related. The Chinese mind set has never been about individuality, and innovation, but of the hive mentality. Which is why there is nothing original in terms of culture emanating from modern day China. I liken the Chinese to ants, or bees, they are industrious hard working and work in numbers to produce as well are obedient to their power leader so they are loyal to follow.

They have stolen our technology
          they have stolen our jobs
          They have stolen our trade secrets
          They have stolen our companies
          They have stolen Hollywood
          They have stolen our culture
          and now they aim to steal our land.

I Spent a good number of years living in China observing various aspects of Chinese culture, and it was getting tiresome watching the same templates of media being replicated in China as it was in the US such as reality TV, sitcoms, etc., even our music being stolen and redone and reproduced in Chinese is cringe worthy. As well as various behaviors being similar, such as social media and the interactions with their devices is interesting to see as being human behavior as predictable. One difference though is that China is still a feudal society with a Hierarchy of rich and poor is still being practiced by keeping the poor down with limited education, and the institutions in place are designed rob peoples of time until exhaustion. There is nothing efficient about Chinese culture in terms of getting things done, think bureaucracy on steroids.

Time is one factor in which doing business with the Chinese one has to be aware of. For example, when arriving on a business trip for a joint capital project I was working on some years ago, from the time I arrived to the time I had to catch my flight is something they played upon in order to take advantage of time in order to have leverage when it came to negotiating the final terms of our agreement. They would dine me, party with me, Golf with me, take me on tours to see attractions up until the final hours in which my flight was schedule to leave, knowing that I would be pressured to accept their terms of the deal for fear of returning as a failure. This is across the board practiced all the time, and is very similar in how the Japanese negotiate as well.

China will smile to your face while stabbing you in the back at the same time. Ethics are merely thrown out the window where money is to be made, they might sell out their own parents if it meant they could profit from it. Another aspect about doing business with Chinese is that they will never tell you everything, meaning they will intentionally withhold information from you because in their mind it is about having power over you, and will only tell you when it is the right time, meaning when it is too late, thus creating another problem. At least this has been my experience and I have been living in Asia for the past ten years. I have gotten wiser as a result, but I had to learn the hard way in order to not repeat the same mistakes. I know how they think, feel, want, and I even know how they sleep. Now the tables are turned, and I am winning more of my negotiations more than ever, and it’s about winning, while giving them the illusion that they won, when in fact it was me who wins at the end of the day. Lol!

My time this past week has been spent between Macau and Hong Kong, as my wife lives in Macau, so I go there on the weekends and I work in Hong Kong during the weekdays. This past week has been a lot of coverage about Trump in the news here. The coverage is also different in Macau than it is in HK. Macau is very pro Chinese, and Hong Kong is much tamer as in being westernized to be inclusive of it’s perspectives when delivering the news, more or less a world view. One thing I notice in Macau this past week was all the negative reporting about Trump, in relation to trade, NK, and the Spartly Islands issue as it relates to the other conflicts involving Vietnam, the Philippines over the disputed water territories. They had this guy for over an hour discussing why the US will lose in trade, and how the US Navy, blah, blah, blah is no match for China’s Navy, which I had to laugh. Anyway, I watched and reflected to myself that a broader strategy was being implemented in the media in order to save face with Chinese citizens who buy into their own hegemony. Seriously, how can they even say that their Navy is more powerful than the US’s? This on face value is a lie, and so while observing this I concluded that this had something to do with the current negotiations taking place between the two countries is ruffling a lot of feathers. In HK, Trump is in the news every single day, and trade is the central issue. It is hard to get away from this when the news is on the subways, the lobbies, the elevators and in the offices I work in. It is at a point when Chinese media has become invasive to my well being and I am tired of it.

Lastly, I am currently married to a Chinese woman, and we are expecting our first child in December. I am having regrets on some level, but being a Christian I knew I had to get married in order to not live in sin. I am questioning myself and my past decisions, so I guess in some respect this is only natural. I told my wife the other day if I had to choose between her and my country, I simply told her I would choose my country over her no matter what. My country is above all else first! Of course this was a conversation that started when discussing about moving back to the states and what she needs to do in order immigrate, and if she wants to become a US citizen that she will have to renounce her Chinese citizenship, something she is having second thoughts on. Who knows what is going to happen, but IMHO, the Chinese can never be trusted, no matter what, I certainly hope the culture in the US is changing to one that is looking out for our own interests. As one poster here mentioned, our greatest threat is within, which is true, the second threat and to the rest of the world is China. That can not be stated enough! Their rapid advancements in AI, social credit system to turn their societies into an Orwellian state on steroids as well as surveillance tech is something we should all be very concerned about, especially as to relates to the “Z company issue and the technology being sold to them. Vigilance on such matters is our best defense in not allowing China to take us over!

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

The President has been dealing with China for years. Real estate deals that they have already bought or wanted to buy. Leasing buildings and condos to them. And just the fact that he is a billionaire put him in touch with the Chinese often.

His granddaughter has a Chinese language teacher.

He knows what he is doing.

And here is another true fact that I learned while in Asia.
      Asians respect people more if they bargin with them. It is a competition.

Example: I was in Asia so much, that I grew accustomed to bargining for everything. It’s their way of life. “OK, you want $20 for the shirt, I’ll give you $5. (low ball) They laugh.

“They say; “OK….$15 dollars”…..”No…$10….”…”No…$15”…you start to walk away….”OK….OK…..$10”…..”Sold”

So I come back to America and go to the store for a shirt. I ask; “How much?”
      The guy says: “$40”….I said; “I’ll give you $30” He looked at me like I was nuts
      He said; “Look buddy the shirt is $40, take it or leave it. Only in America.

The President has got this. They respect negotiations.

That’s why they disliked Obama so much. He just said take what ever you want.
      They took it and any respect for him with it.

• dissonant1 says:

Yeah, I have a Korean-born Aunt. Took her years to get out of the habit of trying to bargain for everything after moving to the U.S.. We are in the minority of the world when it comes to our agreeing to set prices without bargaining.

• Fools Gold says:

You talking about George Sr, jr, Clinton and zero? Yeah, I’d say your dead on.

• olderwiser21 says:

He’s brilliant! I love him so much!

3. Ziiggii says:

Also found it intensely funny that POTUS didn’t shy away from rattling the swords a little….

“meh, we may back regime change in the North if we don’t get denuclearization…”

• Michelle says:

Love it.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I know, right? He waved the Libya model around a fair bit. I was a tiny bit shocked! But the way he does it is so off hand. But surely anyone would get the underlying Dirty Harry message, “we can do this the hard way or we can do it the easy way. Which is it gonna be, punk?”

Except of course PDJT is very casual, off hand, avuncular. Very non threatening and theoretical in his delivery. He really is a genius. He is amazing. “But I don’t think this is gonna be another Libya. His people are very industrious. They want trade. Look at South Korea. That’s what they want….” Hoo boy, Little Rocket Man! I’d pick the South Korea model, man, and do it right away!

• sbell22blog says:

He did more than “rattle the swords” a little today. After the second NK provocation about 90 minutes ago he said this in the oval office:

Otherwise, the country should expect “total decimation,” the president said in his first direct threat to the North since the two sides agreed to talks.

• jmclever says:

He also used the word decimation about half a dozen times during the presser. Subtle unless you know how to listen too what is really being said.

4. basedmaga45 says:

The man was operating at 100% capacity in that presser. The way he answered everything and pivoted the dialogue to where he wanted it to go was most impressive. Come 2020 he will be the most formidable candidate republicand have ever had.

5. sundance says:

President Trump cracks me up….

He might as well be waving “Hi Xi” !!

• wheatietoo says:

Heheh.
      I think he’s enjoying himself.

I mean, he’s been talking about “doing something about China” for decades.
      And now…he’s finally getting to do it.

• Minnie says:

Admiration, respect and support grow daily for President Trump!

Just when we think it can’t get any better – boom! There it is 😆

🙏🦁❤️🇺🇸🙏

• CirclinTheDrain says:

Looks like Liu He is sucking on a lemon there

• I don’t agree. There are many nice people who have to follow the party line. I think he looks as if he’s in on to President Trump’s amusement, but he cannot give it away to his leader. It must be very difficult (remember the fear that we learned of when KGB had to worry all the time if they’d be taking a wrong step with their bosses?). If NK is a tool of China then Little Rocket Man is being allowed to act this way by someone in China and that someone has to be as indifferent as he is to human suffering. We see the rank and file/lock step of those under the thumb of Kim Jong Un, but I imagine that there might very well be equally harrowing uncertainty serving the ‘Emperor’ to be.
        Trump likes people and wants honest business and he does that by having remarkable people skills. I think that this emissary for China is not immune to Trump’s sincerity.

• yucki says:

Hard to enough to read the minds of people and body language within our own culture – our own families!
        We’re just messing around here…it’s kinda fun.

For PTrump and his Killers, on the other hand, it’s something else altogether.

• James F says:

Is Liu He doing an impersonation of Alex Baldwin’s pathetic impersonation off President Trump?

• In the video at 10:30 to 10:42–in reference to Libya:

“..the model…if you look at that model with Qaddafi, that was a total decimation…we went in there to beat him. That model will take place if we don’t make a deal…most likely.”

Reminds me of the President’s dinner at Mar a Lago with Xi.
      Enjoy the chocolate cake…while I launch Cruise Missiles into Syria.

• nikkichico7 says:

🤨👍💥😝

• A2 says:

I think the Japanese are taking DJT lessons–see comment below.

• Charlotte says:

That Vice Premier looks like he swallowed a sour pickle

6. Deplorable_Infidel says:

I like how our President took a swat at the MSM (around 0:01:30 mark) by specifically asking Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, “do you give me credit”?, to which Secretary Stoltenberg naturally had to reply affirmatively.

Then our POTUS mentions “if we don’t have fake news” around the 0:02:30 mark

• KBR says:

It was affirmative, but a bit of a hedge: “you helped a lot” is not quite “if it had not been for you.”

Then when PDJT was naming other countries who have been ripping us off besides China, when he got to EU ripping us off on trade, he paused to say to Stoltenberg, “which you are very familiar with.”
      😏
      I saw a subtle interplay in those comments.

7. wheatietoo says:

I just saw a clip of Trudeau chirping about how well things were going with NAFTA negotiations.
    He was smiling and acting like everything was going the way he wants them to.

I wonder if Trudeau is telling the Chinese that “everything is fine” with NAFTA.
    He certainly seemed to be on another wavelength, than our team of Wolverines.

8. wjb105 says:

With all those sanctions in place NK is not a bargaining tool anymore. Mr. Kim is pinned to the wall and China can’t change that.

• fleporeblog says:

Your right and I think our President sent a clear message to Rocket Man that if you want to remain under the control of China, you will pay dearly.

If you want freedom and prosperity for yourself and your people, your Golden Ticket is available for redemption.

Thomas Wictor put together a fantastic thread that I totally agree with.

• PocaMAGAjunta says:

The power of observation. Wictor has it in spades. I wonder if it’s inherent, learned, or a combination.

• Rhoda R says:

“If we meet, good. If we don’t, oh well.”
        Now that is the mark of a great negotiator – the willingness to walk away from an unacceptable deal. I wish more Americans realized this – there doesn’t always have to be an agreement reached if that agreement is primarily negative for your side.

9. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Left hand – right hand. As trade negotiations continue and DPRK capitulates, president Trumps’ CIA director nominee Gina Haspel was confirmed in the Senate today 54-45. Bravo and M A G A.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Gina Haspel was confirmed in the Senate”

She took my mother’s job!!!

(Later in the campaign or early after the election there was some flak about PDJT’s waterboarding comments. The issue had something thing to do with leading the CIA in the next administration. My mother said that she would waterboard those terrorists if those other people were not interested in doing so.)

• Plain Jane says:

Waterboarding – No worse than getting a home permanent back in the day.

• olderwiser21 says:

OMG -Jane ! So true! I used to give those to my Mom and I think the fumes about killed her and me! What a funny memory and comment – glad there is someone around who can still remember this stuff!

10. fedback says:

I liked the ‘if we don’t make a deal, we will use the Libya model’ part, after saying we will make North Korea very rich, Rocket Man will run his country and praising their hard working citizens
    Take it or leave it.
    North Korea knows where Trump stands

• KBR says:

He also mentioned that Boltons remarks were in reference to what might happen if the meeting falls through.

Right now, Chinese trade-talkers are reviewing every word Bolton had to say.

• Wretched1 says:

And PDJT elaborated on how the US “decimated” Lybia, several times… Little Rocket Man, come to your senses; or, BOOM! you’ll be next…

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Rocket Man made a mistake that may cost him.

He believed the American Media.

• Fools Gold says:

Remember Trump told the little NK feller my button is bigger than yours and works..well he wasn’t exactly talkin to little rocket man don’t ya think?

11. missilemom says:

My favorite part is Trump including us in the negotiations. He uses the power of social media to get his message out more effectively than any sit down meeting. He is essentially letting China know if the Korean peninsula blows up its on China… all while smiling and giving China his warmest regards.

12. Nigella says:

And the Yahoo headline”Trump tries to do damage control regarding NK.”

13. jmclever says:

President Trump is like John Wayne and Captain Kirk rolled into one. I love my president!

14. Countrywatch says:

Thank you so much, Sundance, for this fascinating insight and analysis. President Trump is amazing.

15. MEGA-BONUS: President Trump concurrently noted that a ZTE “stay-in-business” solution would have to be part of an overall Trade Deal with China.

Wondering how long a Chinese Trade Deal might take to eliminate America’s $500 Billion trade deficit over President Trump’s first term in office?

Meanwhile, American consumers and businesses are being forewarned BIGLY to avoid the Chinese cellular phones that eavesdrop-for-blackmail on Americans.

President Trump just mounted President Xi on the griddle and turned on the gas.

• DanO64 says:

China’s foreign policy attempt failed miserably just like their escalators. They fell through just as they were confidently stepping off.

• Wretched1 says:

“Looks like the Panda play of smile-and-delay will have Xi PERSONALLY OWNING the shutdown of ZTE!”

I’ll make the same comment to you as I did to MissleMom above, “A very succinct analysis, MM… you’re all over this!”

• Paco Loco says:

ZTE got caught selling networks to Iran which was under trade sanctions at the time.

• ecmarsh says:

I got 2 older Lenovo lap tops. These things send everything I do right to China. If they want to waste storage space seeing what I do, let them. That goes for FBI, NSA, MI (number) and all the other alphabet soup outfits out there. Thanks IBM.

• fleporeblog says:

Your absolutely right BKR!

ZTE is taking a beating not only in the US but in Australia 🇦🇺 and Africa.

From the article linked above:

The company’s smartphone unit is bearing the brunt of the impact. In China, it has suspended sales on its official store on Alibaba’s Tmall shopping site. In Australia, major telecommunications firm Telstra has already stopped selling phones made by ZTE, because the U.S. ban “prevents ZTE from manufacturing devices for our range.”

In the meantime, it is ZTE’s U.S. smartphone business that has the most to lose, as the company has painstakingly built a presence in America that few Chinese brands have ever achieved before.

ZTE became the fourth largest smartphone maker in the U.S. with a 11% market share, according to Canalys analyst Jia Mo. Last year, the company shipped a total of 40.2 million units, with 47% of them sold in America and only 17% in its home turf of China.

Now, MTN, a major carrier in the region, said it is developing contingency plans following the sales ban because it uses a lot of ZTE’s gears. This leaves an opening for rivals to pitch their services and gain market share, Gu said.

In the meantime, ZTE’s telecommunications business is also taking a hit. Aside from China, the company’s gears are widely used in Africa, where it has won over customers by offering cheaper alternatives than international peers.

“Without ZTE, carriers would definitely consider the likes of Cisco and Ericsson,” he said, adding that lingering concerns over trade tensions and the sales ban would certainly impact their future purchase plans.

16. 335blues says:

It’s no secret to those who know me that I consider the Imperial delusions of communist china to be the biggest threat to America and the World. I can still see likely circumstances where
    America and communist china could be in a shooting war. It would be ugly.
    But if china thinks she can stand toe to toe with America’s military, and economy,
    she is woefully mistaken. But that might not stop a delusional china from starting a war.
    I don’t see President Trump backing down from a belligerent china, nor would I ask him to.
    For the good of the World, I hope it doesn’t come to that.

• CirclinTheDrain says:

While China is certainly a threat, our biggest threat comes from within – the sellouts, neocons, traitors, seditionists, the Uniparty, the multinational corporations… It’s a problem we need to solve, permanently.

• highdezertgator says:

K-street lap dogs… once known as the legislative branch. Oversight failure of the executive federal agencies has created the Draconian Swamp Bureaucracy and runaway Intelligence / Justice criminal state.

• Sylvia Avery says:

And the huge, huge number of Chinese spies and infiltrators that we have allowed. You’re right, our internal threats are huge.

• Jedi9 says:

There is also another play with the Chinese in regards to their spies! China has killed 25 CIA agents in the past few years, so the CIA does not forget, and will be sending message to them in the near future that those spies still operating within the US are fair game, “operate at your own peril!” Let’s not forget the ramming of the Fitzgerald and the McCain in which the Chinese were behind as retaliation for Marlago missile launch during Xi’s visit! Yes I am going to love some winning especially against the Chinese and it is about time!

• Rhoda R says:

Has it been proven that the Chinese were behind those two incidents? I thought it was lack of training that was the cause. The Navy certainly came down hard on the officers involved and all the way up the chain of command.

• Jedi9 says:

What is the Navy suppose to say or do with the chain of command that failed in those incidents? They had no choice due to the public scrutiny that they were under to come up with lame reasons and their responses to them.

Also has there been any other details revealed on the causes of these collisions? Uh no! It is an issue that went away fairly quickly, and knowing the Navy that is what they prefer.

You know why?

Because usually a game being played within the boundaries of a clandestine operation stays clandestine, and the channels are secret ones in which such games are being played. Trust me on this when I say that China was behind the last one, “USS McCain,” and for fear of attracting unwanted attention as if implying I know something, I will just say that this statement as just an opinion. There are just too many coincidences in these incidents to ignore that makes the cause as being incompetence a questionable one.

• TakeBackOurRepublic says:

Absolutely correct, but I want to add one “YUGE” threat you left out…..the infiltration by the MB in our government and academics. We need a deep cleaning so that patriots are back in charge of our country.

• Minnie says:

🙏Faith🦁Trust🇺🇸

“For I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, “move from here to there”, and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you”
      (Matthew 17-20)

Mr. President has the faith, courage and conviction to move mountains.

And we have the honor and privilege of watching him do exactly that, for all of us!

“Impossible is merely a starting point”.

God bless President Trump 🙏

• Sylvia Avery says:

I’m hoping that among PDJT’s other successes he will smarten up China and remove any delusions they might have. And hopefully the American people will smarten up as well.We can’t allow boobs in the WH like we have endured post Reagan. Never again.

• TimesUp says:

Excellent point Sylvia. Earlier today I was wondering who has the street smarts and toughness Trump possesses when he is no longer eligible to serve? There aren’t (m)any of his ilk that I would feel comfortable to step into his shoes. Pence? Nice man but I don’t see someone who knows how to go for the jugular and who is as relentless as Trump has demonstrated.

• wheatietoo says:

China knows that they cannot win in a ‘shooting war’ against us.

They have even remarked in the past, how there is “a citizen with a gun behind every blade of grass”.
      So even if they managed to defeat our Military…they would face a defiant, well-armed population here at home.

Nukes are out of the question, because they value our huge ‘breadbasket to the world’.
      The heartland of the US is the biggest stretch of arable land on the planet.
      They want this.

So China has taken the tactic of Economic Warfare to defeat us.

They’ve been buying up businesses and properties here.
      They have been undermining our economy in every possible way.
      Simultaneously…they have been working to gain control of natural resources in other countries around the world.

Thank God we have a VSG Economist President in the White House, who sees all this clearly…and has a plan to save us from our previous stupidity!

17. permiejack says:

I’ve really nothing to add other than I am so glad Potus is on our side..

18. Doug says:

so funny.. China does realize who he is? you cant negotiate from a position of strength if he lets China thinks he wants korea peace summit so badly lol.. btw it was the best strategy China had to play, just wasnt good enough because he saw right through it.. because trump isnt staking his all on the peace summit being successful he doesnt care if it doesnt work at that point

• CirclinTheDrain says:

What China forgot is that NK doesn’t have a working nuclear program since their test site collapsed and their scientists/workers died. There’s little to threaten us with right now, in reality.

• Wretched1 says:

Yeah, there is that minute, little detail…

• Doug says:

or china can just send them nukes like they basically did already

• G. Combs says:

China sending nukes doesn’t work this time round because it would RIP OF THE SWEET PANDA MASK!

Without that sweet panda mask the nasty hungry IMPERIAL RED DRAGON will be visible to all the world and China’s conquest by stealth goes up in smoke.

Bill Clinton’s selling the USA to China should have been punished as an Act of TREASON YEARS AGO!!!

• Trumpismine says:

Loved presidents last line. Kim Jung Un on his 2nd trip to China….
      He was there for aircraft carrier ceremony that ‘we’ paid for. Gotta love our pres!

• jrapdx says:

Kinda makes ya think it’s like we paid for it so it’s ours and we’ll take it back if we have to. They owe us big and we’re not forgetting that pushed aside but glaring fact.

• TimesUp says:

He saw right through it or Kim, seeing an opening to go from global pariah to the leader that took NK into the modern world (with the help and protection of the US, no less) told him what was going on.

19. deepdivemaga says:

Thank you Sundance!

• Sucker MC says:

True that! This site with all the comments along with Q, Praying Medic and Bill Mitchell have all been tremendous blessings! MAGA Baby!! Ask the right questions! Trust the plan!

20. dufrst says:

Trump just tells it like it is, but he knows he’s won already. That China is this desperate to influence Kim Jong Un (which I believe they haven’t) says a lot about the pressure Trump has put on them with respect to trade.

China cannot offer to North Korea what the US, South Korea and Japan can offer to North Korea. That’s fact. North Korea will always be in pariah status and in destitution as long as it’s China’s pawn in trade and geopolitics vis a vis the USA. Trump will make it as plain as day that he has all of the cards and that he controls China. As Trump perfectly (more derisively) said at the end, China’s aircraft carrier came courtesy of the USA!

China has been raping the US on trade because of the evil globalist agenda to weaken the core of the US. The aim of the globalist is to take power away from Middle America. Read this article from the Wall Street Journal to see the plot plainly

The plot is to use trade to drain the economic strength of the country, to use environmental policies inhibit growth, and immigration policies to displace commonsense American voters for ignorant foreigners who will empower the globalist. Trade policies have drained the factories and farms of Middle America. Environmental policies put a lid on development and consumption. The end result is anemic to nonexistent economic growth in the heartland resulting in a flight to the urban coasts where liberal globalist reign. In the meanwhile, the wealth of the country is transferred to the two rival superpowers, EU and China, in order for a global socialist order to ensue. It’s diabolic!

Trump is not having it! And I thank God every single day he’s in the White House! He is going to reverse this and revitalize the core of the country. He’s going stop the exfiltration of wealth from the US by trade. He’s going to stop the flood of illegal immigration by unskilled workers in favor of taking the best and skilled workers from other countries. He’s going to get rid of all of the environmental regulations meant to inhibit economic development and consumption. Finally, he’s going to take away the geopolitical leverage that China and the EU have had on the US in the guise of the Iranian deal, the Israeli-Palenstinian bullish**, North Korea, and other quagmires like Syria, where trillions of dollars of our wealth has been wasted. No more!! MAGA!!

• Wretched1 says:

dufrst, I admire people like you who can keep your point in line and express them so clearly. Your post resembled, “hammer, meet nail,” blow after blow. H/T…

• olderwiser21 says:

Yes – dufrst, I agree with Wretched. Your post should be required reading for all high school students. Might open their eyes a bit before they get to college and become completely brainwashed. I have tried time and time again to explain this to others in my circle and they just don’t want to hear it because the reality of the plan is so diabolical, as you say.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“the evil globalist agenda to weaken the core of the US. The aim of the globalist is to take power away from Middle America.”….”in order for a global socialist order to ensue. It’s diabolic!”

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Revelation 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
      15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
      16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
      17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
      ——————————–
      (We will be out of here before that occurs):

1Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1Thess 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
      17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
      18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

• Dufrst, that’s the Post of the Month!

President Trump’s also (as you noted in summary form) taking away the geopolitical leverage that China and the EU have gained against America under the guise of the…
      • TPP Trans-Pacific Partnership
      • NAFTA’s back-door channels
      • Paris Climate Accord
      • NATO underfunding
      • WTO
      • World Bank
      • IMF
      • U.N.
      • etc.

• Fools Gold says:

Just take a look at NK satellite images at night and ask yourself what China has to offer NK and little Kim as opposed to a non-deal with Trump? Little Kim has got to be feeling so small right now his neck hurts from constantly looking straight up.

21. Wretched1 says:

After watching the presser, great analysis, as usual, SD. “like swatting flies,” priceless. The NATO dude didn’t look very comfortable, either!

22. filia.aurea says:

Five steps ahead, as usual. The President also mentioned Libya, Iraq and notably Syria, whose President Assad is visiting Vladimir Putin today. So much going on beneath the surface. That NATO person didn’t have the decency to give the President full credit for demanding that the parasitic countries within the ever-expanding NATO alliance pay the price to be members..

Let’s hope they develop their own separate European Treaty and we get the hell away from NATO & its Generals, it has become a corrupt and nefarious globalist criminal organization focused on the destruction of sovereign nations. Read about these good Americans who have been destroyed through Obama/Hillary/European misdeeds http://libyanwarthetruth.com

23. StanH says:

Our President kicks as_s! Love this guy, great stuff to witness.

24. Wait for the international Trade Deal Negotiators heads to explode as the Trump Administration takes down the entire Deep State later this month, not to mention “Freezing the Assets” of the Global Corruption Rings.

… As their Deal Delay strategies to watch the Media-Mueller cabal sap President Trump’s power get FLIPPED.

25. tdaly14 says:

Watch General Mattis interview with the Hudson Inst. on YouTube… he tells us how NOKO came around. It was many countries that helped.

26. dufrst says:

Here’s the trade picture, Trump is looking at (all in $):

Imports Exports Total Trade Deficit GDP per capita
    1. EU. 270,325 416,666 686,991 -146,340 (21%). 35,939
    2. China 115,775 462,813 578,588 -347,038 (60%). 10,087
    3. Canada 266,827 278,067 544,894 -11,240 (2%) 48,466
    4. Mexico 230,959 294,151 525,110 -63,192 (12%) 10,021

Total trade is the most important column. As you can see, China has total trade slightly larger than Canada and Mexico. However, despite having a population of 1.2 billion people, compared to just 35 million people in Canada and 128 million in Mexico, China runs a massive deficit of 60% of the total trade between itself and the US (in paranthesis above). This is inexcusable and unacceptable when you look at the other trading partners and their deficits relative to total trade.

Of our top 4 trading partners, Canada by far has been our best partner. They manage with their small population to have as large a volume of trade with us as with China, yet we only have a deficit with them of 2% of total trade. Some would argue that Canada’s per capita GDP is high and so they can afford that. Well, Mexico has the same per capita GDP as China and it doesn’t run nearly the trade deficit of China! And they have almost the same level of total trade with the US but we only have a deficit of 12% of total trade with them (undoubtedly due to the NAFTA loopholes exploited by the EU and China).

Trump is absolutely right to focus on trade deficits. It is robbing our country of our wealth and empowering countries to close the gap with us economically, thus closing the gap with us militarily. We cannot abide by these stupid trade, geopolitical, environmental and economic policies at home anymore! MAGA!!

27. treehouseron says:

I’ve been going to flea markets since i was a baby, and auctions, and currently own a store where I buy used things daily. So on a very tiny, small level, I reallllly know how to negotiate. Think American Pickers, but our whole family is much better than they are. We’ve bought a few pieces of real estate and negotiated the price and got a great deal.

President Trump pretty much has ONLY done huge, large real estate deals with the same principles. So my point is, he’s much, much, much better than me (or my family) at it. He knows anything I know, much better.

Let me tell you what I know.

The key to negotiation is to have the ability to walk away. This is fundamental. If somebody comes in my store to sell me something, what do I know? Tons.
    1. They want money
    2. They have invested time in getting here
    3. They have invested money in getting here (gas)
    4. They likely don’t negotiate as often as I do
    5. They do not want this item
    6. It never entered their head that they would leave with this item
    7. They learned their negotiating skills from American Pickers
    8. I don’t need the item
    9. I will have other chances to buy the item
    10. I only make money if I get the item for a really good price

Tons of other things. … the way you ultimately make a deal work, for you, is you have to be completely, 100% willing to WALK AWAY. If you have that ability, you will win nearly every time in the negotiation.

of course President Trump knows this much better than I do.

Not only is he going to threaten to walk away… believe me, as a small time, penny anny negotiator…. HE WILL WALK AWAY if he needs to.

He will do it. Absolutely. 100%. No question. Right now. Period. Point Blank.

• treehouseron says:

What does President Trump know, that I know? Lots

1. They want money – North Korea definitely wants value from this
      2. They have invested time in getting here – Like Sundance said, China just spent weeks likely coming up with this strategy
      3. They have invested money in getting here (gas) – China is expending lots of what is important to them, leverage and capital, to make this opportunity happen
      4. They likely don’t negotiate as often as I do – China has never met a negotiator like President Trump because THERE ARE NONE
      5. They do not want this item – N. Korea and China know that these nukes are eventually going to get North Korea turned into GLASS, their usefullness is over.
      6. It never entered their head that they would leave with this item – China never expected President Trump to say “Eh, so what?”
      7. They learned their negotiating skills from American Pickers – China is used to negotiating with Obama groupies or Bushies. The amateurs.
      8. I don’t need the item – President Trump does not need N. Korea to be successful
      9. I will have other chances to buy the item – President Trump will have other opportunities for a peace agreement… or the HARD WAY which we could do too.
      10. I only make money if I get the item for a really good price – President Trump only does great deals folks, he’s only going to get something out of this if N. Korea completely denuclearllzes
      11. If I don’t get the item for a really good price, it doesn’t help me to buy it – President Trump famously said Hillary had lots of experience, but it was BAD EXPERIENCE. he is not one to take a deal just for the sake of a deal, if it sucks, he won’t do it. No deal is better than any deal.

• Charlotte says:

Chinese goods are the biggest load of crap on earth. They contribute to global pollution

28. jack says:

Yeah, President Trump sure talks like American is the only World Power in the world, again! Whereas, Obama gave the appearance we were a 3rd world country, and Obama’s open boarders policy and importing tons of 3rd world people flood into our country.

We have a puppet MSM that every hour of every day trashes our Country and our President!

Thank you President Trump for “leading through strength”, …. hopefully Trump’s polling numbers will go higher and higher as Trump continues to bypass MSM, Congress, and Corruption through his Tweets and Pressers. 🙂

29. MaineCoon says:

Plus PResident Trump used the word ‘decimated’ about 5x in regards to Libyia stating that was what we meant to do, no protection for Gadaffi, but Kim would have protection…if we make a deal and if we don’t, well, decimation. The world remembers what Hag & Zero & Troupe did to Libyia. Shameful pictures. High stakes airwave negotitans in this presser.

Secretary of NATO seems like a dunce. He couldn’t bring himself to give POTUS full credit he deserved in bringing more $$$ into NATO for defense. Take a good look at POTUS snicker as he makes eye contact with someone else in the room. He didn’t hide his dislike of the Secretary’s inability to give him credit and thanks for his big part. Can’t blame him. Guy was a dance. Take a good look at how he crosses his legs..like Zero did. ICK.

• Phil Free says:

Ugh — I agree with you. It made me grimace every time I looked at the NATO guy, sitting with his legs crossed like that. Men — Real Men — just don’t sit like that. That’s great and fine if you’re a woman . . . but he wasn’t. And on camera! Televised! Sitting next to POTUS Trump .. like a woman. Wow. Someone needs to have a little heart-to-heart with Mr. NATO guy, about how to sit, and how not-to-sit. In public, at least.

• yucki says:

Just a weasel. Turned out to be PT’s prop, so that’s not nothing…

30. OS says:

And to tell you Treepers the truth – from a MAGA supporting Norwegian. (because when the US prosper and change – Europe and the world come after). This imbesil idiot – Jens Stoltenberg – had as his biggest project to make Norway a multicultural country. Further as a Prime Minister and leader of the AP (“workers party” – not anymore – AP its the minority party for free gibs to all people not Norwegian) Stoltenberg the traitor was a main part in giving The Clinton Foundation a approx $120 000 000 from Norwegian taxpayers money. Stoltenberg got rewarded by the Clintons and their cabal – with the job as the NATO Secretary General. Stoltenberg is a globalist traitor – bought and payed for by the most evil people on the surface on the earth: Clintons. Ok – its late, I’m angry, I hate this traitor. You do not believe me? Stoltenberg and gang members in the AP party gave the Nobel Prize for Peace to Obama. Say no more. (I loved and enjoyed that The God Emperor – President Trump – gave the traitor of Norway and Europe – the Clintons puppet – little attention.)

• WES says:

OS: Thank-you for the insights on Stoltenberg. I don’t think many knew he was from Norway!

Back in the late 1970s I had a chance to visit Norway! Being from northern Canada I naturally loved my time in Norway! I did several blast hole drill service calls at two different iron ore mines in northern Norway.

Kirkenes I remember very well! That was during the cold war so seeing all the bridges with antennas so they could be blown remotely and the heavy steel cables alongside the border area roads was a sight to see. Fishing in a river bordering Russia and being watched by armed Russian border guards! What an experience!

I really loved the airplane landing over a high mountain top then decending very steeply onto a very narrow runway jutting out into the ocean about 1/3 the way up Norway. Can’t remember the name of the place though. What was so neat about this was as a passenger you could look out the side window and see the entire length of the runway all the way down until the wheels touched down and then the plane pivoted sharply to avoid going off into the ocean! There was zero room for error! Just loved Norway and their great people plus food!

• yucki says:

Thanks for the low-down.
      (Turns out it’s _very_ low down.)

31. Like

32. Publius2016 says:

China and Globalism…the play is to paper the world in Yuan to get fixed rates of return in hard assets for Communist Paper Money…Mnuchin leads discussions as without fixed exchanges China will devalue again and again because they have no limit for insatiable debt…Think Monopoly money…we’re being hollowed out each year with zero in savings…

33. citizen54 says:

Excluding Navarro from the upcoming discussions with China the nomination of another member of the Chao family to a high ranking position are troubling signs. I sure hope Sundance is correct in his assessment of the China situation.

34. L. E. Joiner says:

My impression, when John Bolton talked about ‘the Libyan model’, was that he was referring to Khadify’s decision to give up his nuclear program in 2003 when he saw what was happening to Saddam in Iraq. He shipped everything to Oak Ridge, and in fact Amb. Bolton referenced Oak Ridge specifically in one of his recent interviews.

The President seems to think ‘the Libyan model’ refers to the disasterous ‘we came, he died’ policy of Obama and Clinton, which destroyed both Khadify and his country. And that in turn, judging from the conversation on Fox’s Special Report tonight, has spooked Kim in N. Korea. Maybe it’s time for a little clarification, folks. /LEJ

35. kpprobst says:

Is that a bust of Winston Churchill behind POTUS??

36. Sandra-VA says:

37. kpprobst says:

Trump’ successes are magnified by the fact that his enemies have so underestimated him.

• Critical Mass says:

A very astute observation. I would go so far as to say that Trump’s successes are due to the fact that his enemies have so underestimated him. They don’t get it, and they never will. They are so addicted to their own spin and intrigue that they are deluded by the notion that appearances win over reality. Substance will beat style any day.

38. Fools Gold says:

The Dragon behind the Panda mask must be fuming.

Most likely he pulled his samurai sword and took vengeance on a couple of advisers heads who agreed it would rattle Trumps cage. The dragon hadn’t puffed smoke instead of fire in decades…

Gotta love Trump and his brilliance!!

39. Fools Gold says:

Reckon little Kim has been offered protection by SK and US? Me thinks so but he’s definitely terrified about now…

40. Pam says:

41. A2 says:

Xi emphasizes friendship ‘sealed in blood’ with North Korea Posted : 2018-05-17 09:37Updated : 2018-05-17 16:48

“Chinese President Xi Jinping has met with visiting North Korean ruling party officials and emphasized the importance of advancing a friendship “sealed in blood” between the two countries, the North’s state-run media reported Thursday.”

(Translation: Kim wants border controls and sanctions lifted)

42. A2 says:

This made me laugh (in a deep dark sort of way):

” Japan’s Finance minister Taro Aso, commenting on how Kim Jong-un would get to Singapore if the summit with Trump even takes place: “I hope that awful-looking (North Korean) airplane will safely fly to Singapore because its falling on the way is no joking matter”

😀 😀 😀

43. A2 says:

Congress is piling on NK

“Rep. Scott Tipton, R-Cortez, of Colorado’s Third District, sent a letter to Trump last week, ahead of submitting a resolution in the House of Representatives on Tuesday, seeking the return of the USS Pueblo to the Navy, Voice of America reported.

In the resolution, Tipton said the ship did not violate the territorial waters of North Korea at the time of its capture on Jan. 23, 1968.”

“The House of Representatives would welcome the return of the USS Pueblo as a sign of good faith from the North Korean people to the American people,” the resolution read.”

44. notyetbeguntofight says:

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world:

Confirmed by space radar: North Korea’s nuclear test site collapsed

• A2 says:

The Chinese claimed this all along. Yet, Kim is ‘dismantling’ the site, inviting the wankerati to witness and extoll his magnanimity. What a POS.

45. A2 says:

There are reports circulating that the NK party boyz are reading “Fire and Fury” to get the low-down on the President. This should get….. well hilarious.

😀 x 100.

46. Kent says:

….bust of Churchill….

47. SteveC says:

I guess when he gets annoyed he uses “I” and “me” a lot more.
    Not that he hasn’t earned it. I just prefer it when he uses ‘we’.

48. Critical Mass says:

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg was squirming at that press conference, despite his urbane words at the beginning. And it was a joy to see.

And just how many birds did President Trump kill with one stone in his replies to the questions of the jackal media? Trans-Pacific Partnership, NAFTA, Paris Climate Accord, Macron, Merkel, NATO, UN, China, North Korea, the European Union, ZTE and fake news for starters.

At the same time he was able to turn a possible misstep by Bolton to advantage. Bolton’s statement about the Libya model may or may not have been a gaffe. Whatever the case, there is no doubt that the Chinese and North Koreans pounced on it as a putative reason to derail the negotiations, hoping to use it as leverage to gain advantage. A lesser person than President Trump would have glossed over it by deflection or obfuscation. He turned a gotcha into an ace up his sleeve. Masterful.

The weasel globalists have played labyrinthine and perfidious schemes for so long that they are left floundering when confronted with the character of Donald J. Trump. Directness is anathema to convolution, which is why intrigue collapses when it encounters simplicity. Especially the simplicity of President Trump, which comes from his honest and resolute character. That character is based on true moral substance. They have no allegiance to anything except their own tawdry self interest. Trump has loyalty in spades. They do not get it, and they never will.

President Trump is not just a VSG. He is also a VPG – a Very Practical Genius.

• Critical Mass says:

Forgot to add that he also managed to score points against all previous presidents for the last 30 years at least.

• G. Combs says:

I have been around since Eisenhower and Very SPECIAL Genius, President Trump, is the best president of my life. Reagan was a bumbling fool by comparison. (Never forget that Reagan allowed hostile takeovers/leveraged buyouts to wipe out our debt free American owned businesses. So Reagan started helped the hollowing out of the USA tremendously. )