– “Walking in a Winner Wonderland” –

Two years ago CTH began discussing the ramifications to a new emphasis on the economy outlined as a possibility of candidate Donald Trump’s economic policy outlook. Within the overall discussion we walked through the anticipated changes possible if A.) Trump won the election, and B.) Trump began instituting Main Street economic policy ahead of Wall Street policy (the past 20+ years).

We discussed the new dimension that would occur between two economic engines (Main Street -vs- Wall Street) as three decades of federal policy shifted. CTH outlined anticipated economic activity in the space between the two dynamics.

Part of those discussions focused on energy costs (we see them lowering), product costs (we explained how inflation would be weird), and importantly, wage rates. It takes several months of policy emphasis, actual outcomes, before the labor market wage rates would grow. We anticipated seeing that impact in Q1 of Fiscal Year 2018, which is October 1st 2017.

Today the Job Opening and Labor Turnover Survey, “JOLTS report”, begins to show the initial stages of that wage rate increasing trend. The job market has tightened,… considerably. *Note* We are ending fiscal year Q4 (July, Aug, Sept.) and the trend within MAGAnomics is responding according to predictions. For those of us who argued these policy theories for the past two decades, these results are really cool.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. job openings jumped to a record high in June, outpacing hiring, the latest indication that companies are having trouble finding qualified workers.

The monthly Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey, or JOLTS, released by the Labor Department on Tuesday also underscored labor market strength that will likely encourage the Federal Reserve to continue tightening monetary policy despite benign inflation and concerns about consumer spending.

“Companies are running out of workers to hire to do the job or even train to do the work, and this is a ticking time bomb for economic growth,” said Chris Rupkey, chief economist at MUFG in New York. “Today’s JOLTS data bring a September meeting balance sheet unwind announcement a little closer to reality.” (read more)

Another discussion via Bloomberg is here. What’s predictably fun to watch is how leading economists and national economic influence agents continue to be perplexed as we flow through the space between these two economic engines. Deep inside this new dimension, which will last for approximately 24 months, the control agents within the Fed cannot figure out why inflation remains low, yet the economy is heating up.

They really don’t get it.

They don’t get it because they have no reference points.

The economic models of the entire last generation+ are based on the assumptions of continuing globalist economics which advances, and has advanced, the interest of Wall Street over Main Street.

The investing class economy has been the only source of historic reference for approximately three decades. These talking heads convinced themselves that a “service driven economy” was the ONLY economy ever possible for the U.S. in the future.

Back in January 2017 Deutsche Bank began thinking about it and trying to walk out the potential ramifications.  They began talking about Trump doubling the U.S. GDP growth rate when all U.S. investment groups couldn’t yet fathom the possibility.

It’s like waking up on Christmas morning every day to see the pontificating Fed struggling to quantify analysis of their surrounding reality based on flawed assumptions. They simply have no understanding of what happens within the new dimension.

Monetary policy, Fed control over the economy, is disconnected and will stay that way for the next 24 months (approx), until Main Street regains full operational strength –and– economic parity is achieved.

As we have continued to share, CTH believes the paycheck-to-paycheck working middle-class are going to see a considerable rise in wages and standard of living.

Forget minimum wage laws, they are inconsequential conversations when measured against the reality of impact in how quickly wages rise in a free, fair, unregulated and growing economy.

Seriously, with full measure of optimism and appreciation – these are exceptional times.

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Economy, energy, Environmentalism, media bias, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

101 Responses to MAGAnomics Jobs Reports – Labor Market Tightening, Here Comes The Wage Increases…

1. FofBW says:

Take me back to the 80’s!

• Yes please! I was in my 20s and just starting to make significant money. In the 90s is when my income peaked then at the end of the 90s my chosen career went full bust. I was a technological dinosaur. So it was time to reinvent myself.

The Year was 2000 and the DotCom bubble was peaking, so I chose my next career accordingly and went to community college to learn to be a webmaster. While I was earning that degree the DotCom bubble exploded and my degree became worth less than half of what I expected.

I have manage to scrape out a semi tolerable living but it has been nothing like it was supposed to be. Now I am 57 and I work for a boss that just wont pay me what I think I am worth. Rising wages? It is almost too much to hope for.

• rhcrest says:

Yes I loved the 80’s!

• lastinillinois says:

Or at least the 90s !

2. LARS says:

I am seeing a 20% rise in my standard of living already. F hillary.

3. M33 says:

Sundance, this is very very true.
    Our business is BOOMING.
    And we have never, ever had a summer spike like this!

• Rip Tide says:

Agreed M33, my business is up over 33% ytd over last year. MAGA

• G. Combs says:

I do entertainment for birthday parties, churches and such and we have the phone ringing off the wall! I need to get one of my trucks in for major maintenance (week+) and scheduling it has been a bear. Usually July/Aug is dead because of vacations and the heat but not this year.

• G. Combs says:

I should add, my business is very very sensitive to consumer confidence and wages. Nobody spends $500 ==> $1,000+ on a two to six year olds birthday party if they are nervous about their jobs. (Hubby is presently booking another party. 😁 )

• mw says:

I did a phone meeting with a potential client this evening. Determined she did not need my services. Was like, phew! Business is booming, I need some rest, lol. Other small business owners also reporting no summer slowdown. Awesome

• Britt West says:

We are up 34% yr over yr.
      We feel the confidence in every customer encounter!

4. Sylvia Avery says:

I’ve seen a couple news articles about the labor shortage in construction now that mean old Trump has chased away all those hard working illegals who were only here doing jobs the Americans won’t do. They are having to pay laborers more money and don’t ya know that means your new houses will cost more money. Oh boo frickin’ hoo.

Fortunately, I am the recipient of a diploma from the Sundance School so I read the article and thought, “Ha! Take that you globalist scum! Power to the people! Let’s see those wages rise! Let’s make it RAIN!” Go, go, PDJT!

• 4sure says:

The reason your house will cost you more is because the builders using that illegal labor at slave wages have been pocketing more profit. That cheap cost was never passed on to the consumer. In fact, the consumer paid for that cheap labor through taxes paying for all the welfare they consume. So, we got screwed twice and didn’t get a single kiss in the process.

• Ploni says:

4sure, I agree with you thoroughly.

This obscenity has been institutionalized in the Internet and other industries in multiple ways, from proprietary payment demands to the elimination of customer care responsiveness to hiring English-speaking foreigners for half an American’s salary.

(Ever wonder what happened to the pervasive 1-800 customer service phone numbers that were de rigueur in the ’80s and 90’s?)

Profit margins, I believe, are astronomical today compared with what was considered acceptable and right by my parents’ generation, the generation imprinted by the Great Depression and WW2.

My generation has honed greed to the nth degree.

• Running Fast says:

Agree slightly… the real reason homes are so expensive is the ease of obtaining financing. You can get a 30 year with 3% down again on a home valued at $300k. For builders there “labor” costs are exacerbated by regs and inspections slowing down development.

• Your Tour Guide says:

Noticed back in the 90s until 2007 crash the yearly reset. When the
          interest rates would go down by one percent, the home prices would
          go up by $10,000. You could make book on it. The banks never lose,
          only the little guy.

• Space Needle says:

Couldn’t agree more. Local governments are takin over by lefty council people. I worked in a large City Hall for 4 yrs. On top of it all, most local councils are wrapped around the fingers of the city manager and department directors, so in reality it’s the career beurocrats setting 90% of all budgets, agendas, talking points, and regulations, strapping local small businesses to the teeth.

Middle of the Trump primaries I decided to leave government and enter the private sector. I slapped my Trump bumper sticker on and parked front stall for all the world to see. My Seattle snowflakes nearly melted for 5 months until I left, I could smell the tears in their coffee. I digress…

Now in the private sector I work in home building. Illegal labor is actually not cheap in many cases. illegals with a skill in demand or just being hard working/reliable demands a good wage. The real cost wouldn’t be in developers increasing wage rates per se, it will be in the training and indirect cost of getting Americans skilled and reliable enough to fill the gap left behind.

• G. Combs says:

I talked to a master carpenter/cabinet maker (GORGEOUS WORK) and his work now is going into new homes and fixing all the sloppy work done by the cheap illegals so it will pass inspection.

Our home was built 20 years ago and is a mess. Banister wobbles, no insulation in the attic, outside doors don’t close tight, roof shingles put on wrong (no glue) so they flapped in the breeze and continually were ripped off by the wind. (Rotted underlayment) electric outlets wired wrong. (Dryer and stove almost burned the house down) ….

• carrierh says:

When we bought our home the interest rate was 8+ points and we had to put down 20% and hard to believe that people buying a complain about a 2% and in many cases no down at all. Snowflakes abound! At that time I was the only income worker as my spouse started his own startup but we didn’t eat at fancy restaurants or take expensive trips and waited for more furniture and accoutrements for the house. But then again we were raised to only pay cash and not use cards and run up huge debts. We also then were able to make extra payments to bring down the basic loan so we paid off the house in a little over 20 years instead of the 30, and saved a huge bundle in not paying that interest. We did talk to the bank after 2 yrs. to let us handle and pay our own house insurance which we were able to get far cheaper. Today NO debts of any kind and since my spouse was in financial work, we belong to American Century and have always made money and they don’t take prime nor hedge garbage. We bought each vehicle (great Toyotas) with cash and within a few months the hole was filled again by American Century. Planning and investing are necessary because the SS we paid in and get back ain’t that great!

• Britt West says:

As a residential appraiser with 25 yrs experience,i agree.
        I was on three custom job sites today. It’s changing, but it will take a while.
        Las Vegas, NV

• Doug says:

in homebuilding as well and people have no idea how much regulation and local fees cost… it adds up.. but hopefully some of these regulations being removed lead to a cheapening of prices for hard materials.. also developing land will hopefully become alot cheaper too.. largest input cost in new construction is generally land cost

• PreNanny says:

Right on Doug nationalized BOCA has added a significant cost to home building.
            The Gorebull warming influence has to be purged from building code requirements.
            MAGA

• G. Combs says:

The North Carolina building code is the INTERNATIONAL CODE with a bit added. They say so right on the cover. GRRRrrrr.

THANKS ICLEI
              “Who we are

ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is the leading global network of more than 1,500 cities, towns and regions committed to building a sustainable future.

By helping the ICLEI Network to become sustainable, low-carbon, resilient, ecomobile, biodiverse, resource-efficient and productive, healthy and happy, with a green economy and smart infrastructure, we impact over 25% of the global urban population.

ICLEI envisions a world of sustainable cities that confront the realities of urbanization, adapt to economic and demographic trends and prepare for the impacts of climate change and other urban challenges. This is why ICLEI unites local and subnational governments in creating positive change through collective learning, exchange and capacity building.

Our multidisciplinary network continues to develop and apply practical strategies, tools and methodologies that bring about tangible local progress worldwide. The growing ICLEI Network works collaboratively in more than 100 countries, leveraging local assets to address pressing urban challenges and impact over 25 percent of the global urban population.“ http://www.iclei.org/about/who-is-iclei.html

In other words ICLEI hands local governments ready made regulation packages which the lazy A$$es then implement with lots of virtue signaling. GRRRRRrrrrr

• lastinillinois says:

Speaking of “labor shortage in construction”:

Speaking with a chicago union electrician yesterday, he told me that the union hall has recently re-opened the apprentice program after a lengthy (several years) suspension in anticipation of much upcoming work.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Wow! That is really great to hear. I love getting these anecdotes from Treepers all over the country talking about their local economy and any signs of life and growth they are seeing. I think it is super interesting and kind of exciting.

5. Travis McGee says:

Don’t expect Trump Team to get the credit.

• M33 says:

Yeah its sad.
      I still hear people say it is the Obama delay-effect.

So ridiculous!

• Fe says:

Oh but he will. People suddenly finding jobs, and wages going up will absolutely know it is due to Trump. The media will lie, skirt around the truth but the American worker will know. Obama = no job
      Trump = jobs jobs jobs higher wages = MAGA!!!!!

6. 4sure says:

When the wall is built and if the new immigration legislation is passed. the job mkt. is really going to tighten and you will see wages spike. That’s what scares the hell outta the CoC and the globalists. That slave labor pool will dry up.

7. ALEX says:

Stephen Moore had a good article recently saying ditch the tax reform as it will become like repeal and replace debacle..Put 2K-5K in the middle class pocket through a tax cut and lower business tax to 20% or so…Keep cutting regulations…Just keep everything moving…No wiggle room or fights over tax cuts for rich etc ….

• ALEX says:

That is why GOP leaders would be wise to downsize their grand ambitions of a total rewrite of the tax code and simply sell the American people on a job-creation tax cut that will benefit all American companies, including 26 million small businesses, and put about $2,000 of tax relief into the pockets of financially stressed workers.

• fangdog says:

Don’t be foolish and think you benefit by not reforming the tax code for everyone. Just ask yourself this question; “Who knows best where to spend your money”?….”You or the Government”?

Put it another way. After you earned it,why would you want someone who hasn’t earned it spend it.

• Running Fast says:

No… we deplorables no longer accept “cake”.

• Sylvia Avery says:

With this Congress and with the long knives out for President Trump, I agree. I see no way on earth they can get tax reform through right now. If they can get good tax cut through, that will be a miracle for right now.

Then maybe, just maybe, we can deliver some patriots to Congress in 2018 to help the President.

• TexasDude says:

Sadly, with this Congress, I agree. They refuse to do the big stuff, so plink and plod, with 3 yards and a cloud of dust sometimes.

• sickconservative says:

Prevent defense or play not to lose is their way to play.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I just saw a quick blurb on TV that I believe it is Mitch McConnell who is all pissy and saying that Congress’ failures are all the President’s fault because he raised everyone’s expectations.

Saints preserve us. Just a couple of pieces of legislation and it was too fricking much for Congress? Where is the old vaudeville show’s shepherd’s crook? Mitch needs to get yanked off the stage.

I believe these brilliant Congress critters are getting an earful now that they have gone home for vacay.

1. I see where Ronna Romney whatever from the RNC is saying the natives are restless and they want Congress to support the President.

2. I see where Ryan got reamed when he showed up at a business in Wisconsin because an “angry Republican” (at this point is there any other kind????) confronted him about waiting 8 long years for them to get the House, now we need the Senate, we’ll we still gotta have the Presidency and WE deliver and what do the Congress clowns do? Nothing.

3. Arizona Senator Jeff Flake who has treated the President horribly has poll numbers lower than dirt, and the approval ratings in AZ of the President are in the 60s.

So, okay, I know they are all bought off by donors. But did they seriously think we wouldn’t notice what they are doing or call them on their crap? What did they really think would happen when they got home after their spectacular failure? Honestly.

Now that I got that off my chest, KEEP IT COMING Treepers! Keep writing, emailing, calling, complaining. Make it loud! They can’t help but hear us!

• ALEX says:

That’s the thing..There is no way to complicate the simple..They will obfuscate tax reform like repeal and replace..You would find democrats who might vote for simple stuff..

8. freddiel says:

I love the roller coaster GIF. What is desperately need right now is trade programs, apprenticeships and employer sponsored training for potential job candidates. I’m not sure how the snowflake careers are going to meld into this new job sector. This will be interesting. Parents who have college age children need to wake up to the realities of what jobs will be available and guide their children into those programs. This will be interesting.

9. sundance says:

10. alliwantissometruth says:

“Forget minimum wage laws, they are inconsequential conversations when measured against the reality of impact in how quickly wages rise in a free, fair, unregulated and growing economy”

Exactly. Government mandated higher wages for low end service jobs, the ones that are supposed to go to youngsters & older retired adults, but are the only jobs available today, versus free market jobs on all levels in a booming economy in which competition sets the wages

You don’t like low wage service jobs? Fine, go out & find another job. There’s plenty out there paying good money

What’s that? You went to social justice protests & riots instead of studying? You spent your time getting high instead of applying yourself?

Well, you’re out of luck. Just remember these words & you’ll be fine. “Want fries with that?”

One of the best things about President Trumps MAGA agenda is it puts personal responsibility back into the equation & destroys the lefts ridiculous social justice narrative. With plentiful real jobs at good wages, anyone who applies themselves can get ahead & live the American dream

The left has been destroying our jobs & economy for decades in order to bring about conflict & class warfare. President Trump crushes the entire concept

• kp3ace says:

I’m sorry but I need that minimum wage increase! I’m going through a divorce! I’m getting screwed there. I raised the kids while he worked! Now he has a pension, social security,VA disability I have no skills to speak of! I speak Spanish fluently! Good with numbers!

11. Stringy theory says:

More MAGA results, more winning!

12. Travis McGee says:

Milinials have never seen a boom economy before so I’m hoping their eyes will be opened to what can happen when the government takes the shackles off.

13. james23 says:

Fantastic news!

14. Brian L says:

Anyone else notice that the expected jobs number is getting closer to the actual?

Making a prediction now, that eventually their predictions are going to intentionally overestimate job creation and then criticize Trump for his policy not meeting expectations.

15. Running Fast says:

In Wisconsin today just drove by a manufacturing facility…. $1000 new hire bonus signs out on the street!

16. woohoowee says:

It’s true 🙂

17. Barbiedoll says:

While this is all great,great news, I do question if, after 20+ years of raising snowflake kids, there will be enough young people to fill these high paying, skilled jobs? (We Treepers are probably towards the end of our productive earning years.) I love that emphasizing trade schools are finally making a come back. But question that we have a lost generation that never learned a work ethic and think that being an “influencer” on social media equals a career.

• Barbiedoll says:

To add…Also, how many have we lost to addiction when businesses left their towns? This may take longer than we thought. Someone please convince me otherwise.

• progpoker says:

I have a 22yr old and 27 yr old. I assure you the work ethic is fine in the youth. You just don’t hear about them as they’re busy working to secure their futures. The media would find their stories boring. Many more clicks trumpeting the antics of the SJW and perpetually aggrieved set!!

• Breitbadger says:

Exactly I’m a millenial(older millenial but still my generation) and there is a silent maybe not majority but almost 50 percent that jut want to work.

18. sunnydaze says:

Local S. Florida CBS report from Feb. 2012. It’s an advertisement for the Trump Campaign. This is why Trump won:

19. Jesse W says:

We are in for some good times ahead. Remember in the house of the wise there is choice foods and oil. Remember the parable of the ant and harvest while the field is ready. Don’t overspend, save wisely, and pay off everything you can. Trump will not be in office forever, and there will be a market decline eventually. #MAGA #PrayforPresident Trump

20. RJ says:

I see plenty of big rigs on Western Pennsylvania highways everyday hauling freight such as steel pipe for gas transmission lines, compressor station valves, bulldozers, and excavation equipment. The pace has picked up tremendously and things are looking upward thanks to President Trump!

21. Mike says:

$20 an hour jobs here in Michigan, out the wazoo! Unskilled, but everyone is smoking dope. Few if any can pass a piss test, and we cannot have them working around machinery. The dope today, is not the dope of the 80’s… Time for Sessions to take a stand and illegals this crap. If not, look for more H1, H2 and H3 Visas to continue. 800 + positions down the street, and there are no qualified applicants, unskilled, because they cannot pass the piss test.

• Barbiedoll says:

Mike, I was trying to say the same thing a few posts above. Sessions taking a stand is a good start. But I am concerned with what you have stated in your post. I see it every day in my job. Many applicants, but they can’t pass the drug test.

• Tom says:

I have to disagree emphatically here. Let’s contrast a legal drug – alcohol – with an illegal one – pot. Alcohol is out of your bloodstream in hours, pot takes weeks. Does a person who smokes a joint at night remain under the influence the next morning ? No. Does the guy who has a drink remain under the influence in the am ? No. WTH is the difference ? The difference is the drug test. The drug test doesn’t show impairment, it shows presence. The effects of pot wear off, just like alcohol.

Marijuana has a medical use, alcohol does not. Which would you rather have ? I’d take the pothead along with the alcohol imbiber, as long as they both aren’t affected on the job.

• Jimmy Jack says:

I have seen this issue as well in the work place – it makes hiring very difficult.

I really hate the legalization of marijuana (not going to debate it here, libertarian values blah blah blah – not going to discuss it with you in that context) bc it has changed the culture around it even where it is illegal. It is now seen as no big deal. If they can’t pass a drug test they can’t work. You couldn’t show up for work drunk and this is no different – it is just handed to detect immediately.

• Itbj2 says:

All you need to do is look in the person’s eye and you can tell right away they are high there is no way to hide it. It is no different than alcohol and will defently not make you violent like alcohol does with some people. The amounts of money we spent licking people up for it is a crime on its own.

• Breitbadger says:

So recruit from other states not other countries

22. thluckyone says:

THANK YOU, PRESIDENT DONALD J TRUMP! THANK YOU, LION OF THE TRIBE OF PATRIOT! THANK YOU, SUNDANCE! THANK YOU, LORD JESUS! THANK YOU, PRECIOUS TREEPERS!
    THIS is what it feels like to me:

23. Biggyrat says:

I knew it was getting better when I started seeing more teenage people working in the fast food restaurants than individuals who are older than 30.

24. WSB says:

I honestly just had my first interview in the last year, two days ago. This is how long I have been looking for a new project.

• Jimmy Jack says:

Congratulations. I have spent a great deal of time dealing with this issue as well and know for a fact the economy has still not recovered anywhere near what Obama kept insisting on. I routinely see unemployed people – educated people with solid work history in professional fields such as engineering – who are still struggling and barely getting interviews. I know how hard it is out there.

I am praying for you. I hope you get the work you are looking for.

• WSB says:

You are very sweet, Jimmy Jack. Thank you.

I hope you are not also alluding to yourself but it seems you definitely understand the expertise of employment for design and engineering.

I am thrilled that I have a new opportunity. One aspect I noticed after the election is that people in my area of expertise froze. Really. I believe they were unsure of regulation and deregulation.

I try not to get emotional over someone who cares, but tears come anyway. Thank you for your encouragement!

• kp3ace says:

I remember in 2006 truckers with computer programming degrees! They had to train their replacement! Getting too close to reaching that retirement of 20 years. Other professions as well! Foreigners coming in to take their place. Took longer than expected to train them. Most said their replacement wasn’t capable of doing the job.

• WSB says:

PS I hope you have or will find fully realized dreams!

• MaineCoon says:

Congratulations! I am sure it has been very tough. Some day you’ll look back and say, “Well. if I was going to be temporarily sidelined, at least it was during the historic candidacy and initial months of Trump’s presidency so I could keep up with all the events!”

Father, You promise that you will supply every need for those who are yours. I pray that you open the pathway for the job need WSB has and that Your will be done in accomplishing the fulfillment of that need to your glory. Thank you for what you are accomplishing in your timing. In Jesus name, Amen.

I sure hope you share everything and I hope I see it. I don’t get Reply notifications, but I’ll be looking for you!

Noticed you relayed a 1967 event in your upbringing in Bedford, MA. I was born in Brockton (many moons ago), lived in Whitman, family had cottages in Falmouth and many lived there too. My family moved south. So I can relate to other NEers. Special breed. It’s always my real home base.

The best, and congratulations on the special job waiting for you, by the grace of God.

• WSB says:

Thanks for your wonderful post and prayer, MC! I honestly think Divine Intervention arranged for the lull and my increased attention/education/participation with this particular election.

I remember Brockton and Falmouth very well and get up to those parts once in a while! Lovely area! Keep spreading the NE common sensicality down South!

• MaineCoon says:

Sorry for my late response. I don’t get Reply notices (big Word Press/CTH interactive issues, for me opening an account) so I have to remember to check back. I actually grew up in Whitman 1st 10 yrs, quaint little NE town, and all of our extended family spent summer in Falmouth. Many lived there year round. Yikes!!

Yes, God is in charge of our hiatuses. Although it’s our ‘down time’ He’s still working! Good things to come for you, for sure.

See you around the Tree!

25. Jimmy Jack says:

Congratulations to everyone who has seen their business increase and thank you for sharing your positive stories.

And good luck to all of those still searching for work.

26. Itbj2 says:

My brother is a general contractor in FL and he told me that he made more profit in the last six months then what he did in the previous six years. He said people are willing to pay what he is asking for instead of trying to get him to drop his price. Since they know he has to much work as is. If this keeps up for the next 8years he can retire. Needless to say his entire family voted for Trump.

27. NC PATRIOT says:

Love that movie—-I bet I’ve seen it 1/2 doz times.

28. Tom says:

Shut down the disability gravy train of SSD and watch millions more suddenly need to find jobs.