The man who opened fire on an outdoor concert on the Las Vegas Strip late Sunday, killing at least 58 people and wounding 515 more before he was found dead in a 32nd floor hotel room, has been identified as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock of Mesquite, Nevada, the Clark County sheriff said at a news conference Monday.
♦64-Year-old “Ordinary Guy”
♦No violent criminal background.
♦Paddock was a licensed pilot, owned two airplanes and had no criminal history beyond a citation that was handled normally.
♦Lockheed Martin said in a statement that Paddock worked for a predecessor company of theirs for three years starting in 1985.
♦Prior Residences: California, Florida, Texas, Nevada (reported 27 residences).
♦Paddock lived in Mesquite, Texas, before moving to Mesquite, Nevada, about 82 miles northeast of Las Vegas
♦More than 10 17 rifles were found in the Mandalay Bay hotel room with Paddock.
♦During the time he owned a home in Melbourne Florida (2013-2015), just west of I-95 in Brevard County, Stephen Paddock bragged about going to The Philippines and Europe. (link)
Watch interview with one of Stephen Paddock’s brothers Eric Paddock of Orlando Florida:
(more…)
Following the horrific mass shooting in Las Vegas President Trump delivers somber remarks:
(more…)
At least 58 people were killed and more than 500 injured hurt when a 64-year-old gunman, Stephen Craig Paddock, armed with more than 10 rifles opened fire on a Las Vegas country music festival on Sunday night, raining down bullets from a 32nd-floor window for several minutes before killing himself.

The death toll, which police emphasized was preliminary, would make the mass shooting the deadliest in U.S. history, eclipsing last year’s massacre of 49 people at an Orlando night club by a gunman who pledged allegiance to Islamic State militants.
About 22,000 people were in the crowd when a man police identified as Stephen Paddock opened fire from a room in the Mandalay Bay hotel, causing concertgoers to panic, some trampling on others as law enforcement officers scrambled to find the gunman.
The shooting broke out on the final night of the three-day Route 91 Harvest festival, a sold-out event attended by 22,000 and featuring top acts such as Eric Church, Sam Hunt and Jason Aldean.
(more…)
Not the Amish…
EDMONTON, Canada (Reuters) – Canadian police on Sunday arrested a man whom authorities said they believe acted alone to carry out violent “attacks of terror” in the western city of Edmonton, injuring a police officer and four pedestrians with two vehicles and a knife.
A graphic surveillance video shows a Chevy Malibu hitting a police officer standing in front of a football stadium at about 8:15 p.m. on Saturday, sending him flying into the air. The driver gets out of the car and appears to stab the officer multiple times before fleeing.
A flag of the Islamic State militant group was found inside the Malibu, after the suspect ran off, said Rod Knecht, police chief of Edmonton, Alberta’s provincial capital.
The suspect, who authorities have not identified, was arrested several hours later following a car chase across a busy downtown street during which he intentionally sought to hit pedestrians, police said.
(more…)
Against the backdrop of targeted sonic-weapon attacks against American diplomatic personnel the U.S. State Department removes non-essential employees and issues a travel warning against Americans traveling to Cuba.
STATE DEPT – Over the past several months, 21 U.S. Embassy employees have suffered a variety of injuries from attacks of an unknown nature. The affected individuals have exhibited a range of physical symptoms, including ear complaints, hearing loss, dizziness, headache, fatigue, cognitive issues, and difficulty sleeping. Investigators have been unable to determine who is responsible or what is causing these attacks.
On September 29, the Department ordered the departure of non-emergency personnel assigned to the U.S. Embassy in Havana, as well as all family members. Until the Government of Cuba can ensure the safety of our diplomats in Cuba, our Embassy will be reduced to emergency personnel in order to minimize the number of diplomats at risk of exposure to harm.
(more…)
Operation Regional Shield – 3,800 Gang Members in U.S., El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras Charged…
As you read this press release from the U.S. Department of Justice, reference the originating nations for the 2014 “Unaccompanied Alien Children” crisis. [ie. Ted Cruz, Glenn Beck and Dana Loesch: ‘Teddy Bear and Soccer Balls’ alien relief mission] This is directly related to DACA used as a magnet. (Background follows press release)
U.S. DOJ – Senior law enforcement officials from the United States, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras announced here today criminal charges against more than 3,800 MS-13 and 18th Street gang members in the United States and Central America in a coordinated law enforcement action known as Operation Regional Shield.
The charges were announced by Acting Assistant Attorney General Kenneth A. Blanco of the United States, Attorney General Douglas Meléndez of El Salvador, Attorney General Thelma Aldana of Guatemala, and Attorney General Oscar Chinchilla of Honduras, marking the six-month anniversary of the commitment to combat transnational organized crime initiated in March by U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, together with the Attorneys General of the three Central American countries.
GOP Majority Whip Steve Scalise returns to congress today following almost four months of surgery and recovery from an attempted assassination at a June congressional baseball team practice. Scalise received an emotional welcome and shared how his prayers had been answered during his recovery process.
(more…)
A man walks into a church and shoots seven people, you would think the media would be covering the story. Alas the shooter profile doesn’t fit the preferred media narrative and all the victims were white. However, as details emerge from the Antioch church shooting rampage, carried out by Sudanese gunman Emanuel Kidega Samson, the specific action of a young usher named Robert Engle is being heralded as saving the lives of many people.
Mr. Engle confronted the well-armed shooter, wrestled with him and then retrieved his own firearm in order to keep Emanuel Samson secure until police arrived.
NASHVILLE – A young church usher who confronted the suspect accused of opening fire at a church in Antioch, Tenn., on Sunday, is a “hero,” according to police — and his family says that’s no surprise at all.
Robert Engle, 22, an usher with the Burnette Chapel Church of Christ, saw the suspected gunman, identified as 25-year-old Emanuel Kidega Samson, and jumped to stop him, according to witnesses.
Engle “physically engaged” with Samson, investigators added. Ultimately the suspect was shot, and Engle suffered a “significant injury around his head” after being pistol-whipped. Engle then ran to his car, grabbed a gun, and held the gunman at gunpoint until law enforcement arrived, witnesses said.
Nashville Tennessee – One person was killed and eight others wounded Sunday after a masked man opened fire following a church service in Antioch. Press Conference with details below:
.
The shooter, identified as Emanuel Kidega Samson, a 25-year-old Rutherford County man from Sudan, accidentally shot himself after he was confronted by an armed member of the congregation and is being treated at the hospital, according to Metro Nashville Police.
Police say he previously attended the church. The woman killed has been identified as Melanie Smith, 39, of Smyrna.
[…] Police say the gunman wore a neoprene ski mask when he shot and killed a woman in the parking lot of Burnette Chapel Church of Christ, as the service was ending shortly after 11 a.m. With his blue Nissan Xterra still running, the gunman then entered the rear sanctuary doors of the church and began “indiscriminately” shooting, police said.
The second suspect arrested in the London ‘bucket bomb’ attempt highlights the reality of the multi-year concern about unvetted refugees and the potential for importing terrorism. Yahya Faroukh, 21, is a Syrian national who sought asylum in the U.K. from the civil war. Unfortunately, it appears he carried the civil war of jihad with him.
(Via Daily Mail) A Syrian refugee who was taken into the loving care of British foster parents has emerged as one of the two suspects arrested in the wake of the Parsons Green bombing.
Yahya Faroukh, 21, was showered with love by Penelope and Ronald Jones at their property in Surrey.
On Sunday police searched the building along with an address at Heathrow that Faroukh moved to a few months ago, after he was arrested in Hounslow, west London.
He had been placed with the Joneses, who looked after children from war zones, after reaching Britain in 2013.
(more…)