One of the reasons we highlight the full transcripts of President Trump’s comments, when available, is because within any back-and-forth you can often notice a signal.  This past week was no different.

The day after President Trump hosted a meeting between U.S. and Chinese officials in the Oval Office, he answered a question during an unrelated White House meeting on human trafficking.

Here’s the off-topic transcript:

Q Mr. President, are you thinking of adding on a meeting with Xi Jinping on the back end or the front end of the meeting with Kim?

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah, I’m thinking about it.

Q How close are you —

THE PRESIDENT: I mean, some of you were there yesterday. We had an incredible meeting yesterday with the Vice Premier of China — a very powerful man, highly respected. Very strong. Very respected, also, by the President — President Xi. And we had an amazing meeting on trade — mostly on trade. Actually, also on fentanyl. China has agreed to criminalize fentanyl. That’s going to have a huge impact on fentanyl coming into the country.

There is a possibility we’ll meet somewhere, whether it’s there — I’m over in a certain location. I’ll be over in a certain location there, as you know.

Q So you might do —

THE PRESIDENT: That’ll be announced officially probably next week.

Q So you might do two —

THE PRESIDENT: It could happen. It could happen.

(Transcript link)

The President then made a joke to turn attention away from the answer.  However, if you’ve followed the U.S. -vs- DPRK -vs- China discussions, you’ll note an alignment.

The meeting between President Trump and North Korea’s Chairman Kim Jong-un is scheduled around the very end of February.  The China tariff deadline, relating to Chairman Xi, is March 2nd, a few days later.

We can see why strategically POTUS scheduled the Kim summit at the same time as the U.S-China tariffs were scheduled to merge.  The announcement of the Kim (DPRK) meeting negated Xi’s continual dragon-moves (leverage) during trade negotiations for the period of late January through end February.

Beijing (Xi) cannot tell Pyongyang (Kim) to do anything stupid while President Trump and Chairman Kim are planning their summit.  This strategic approach bought the U.S. trade negotiation team elbow room; where they didn’t have to worry about any confrontational face-to-face tone resulting in Beijing launching their proxy province, the DPRK, into hostilities.  It was smart geopolitical timing by President Trump.

However, after the Chinese trade delegation and U.S. team met to discuss terms; concrete deliverables (Wed/Thur); and after the meeting with China’s Vice Premier Liu He (Thursday night); we now see President Trump discussing a meeting with Chairman Xi Jinping during the same trip he will be making for the Chairman Kim summit.

POTUS Trump would not be entertaining a meeting with Xi, if the Wed/Thr discussions, and the Thursday night meeting (Liu He), were not fruitful.

Think about it.

President Trump would not be pondering, let alone mentioning, a meeting with Chairman Xi Jinping to happen at the exact moment he is executing the second phase tariffs against China.

Remember, if a structurally substantive agreement, that includes specific deliverables and way-points, is not reached by March 2nd, President Trump will raise tariffs on $200 billion of goods from 10 percent to 25 percent.

So if President Trump is signaling (which he is) the likelihood of a meeting with Chairman Xi on the heels of his second summit with Chairman Kim, then the structure of the U.S-China trade negotiations by U.S.T.R. Robert Lighthizer must be pretty well cemented.

If there was no substantive progress in the discussions between U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and his Chinese counterpart Vice Premier Liu He; and if there was no positive direction being carried into the oval office meeting with VP Liu He; then there would not be any contemplation of a meeting between Chairman Xi and President Trump.

But there is…. so there is.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, China, Decepticons, Deep State, Donald Trump, media bias, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

100 Responses to President Trump Implies Majority of China Trade Conflict Trending Favorably – Few Noted the Signal…

1. principled says:

Still not tired of winning. And would like some wining vs the deep state coup too… but I’m getting greedy 👍

• Orville R. Bacher says:

Trading with China is trading with the enemy. The Chinese Communist Party is growing in Military Strength because the U.S.A. is sending dollars back to a country that cannot buy imports with their own Yuan.
      The China Trojan Horse needs to be burned to the ground.

2. lepanto says:

Good article, and I am sorry to nit pick, but here goes:
    The headline should say that Trump “implies”, not that he “infers”.

The speaker does the implying, and the listener does the inferring.

• rf121 says:

Grammar police on duty.

• Uncle Al says:

“Using the wrong word is not a grammar error,” said the usage policeman.

• jessetmims says:

@ rf121… Re “Grammar police on duty.”

Oh Lord! What did Grammar do now? Did the police lock her up again? Last time, I had to pay a 50 dollar fine to get’er out of the pokey…

Seriously… while I agree that slight misspellings or such errors as using ”their” instead of ”they’re” or ”there” should probably be ignored, surely you can see that using a word that means the exact OPPOSITE of what one intends to convey has the potential of being very confusing at times.

• MrG says:

I wasn’t at all confused. But at least lepantos post wasn’t pointing out a spelling error when the word misspelled is obviously misspelled in error.

Still, I see no need for the post. Grammar police indeed.

• SteveT says:

jessetmims says:
          February 2, 2019 at 11:27 pm

@ rf121… Re “Grammar police on duty.”
          ……………………………
          ———————————————-
          My view is:
          When I choose to read a particular thread, I try hard to follow Sundance’s request to read the whole thread before commenting. This carries a heavy commitment in terms of patience and time. When a thread carries several hundred comments (often more), reading all of them before commenting can mean that any response is out of date and any point is not seen by the original commentator or others in the discussion.

It is also very time consuming to continually go back and re-read a comment when common substitutions (as detailed above) are used incorrectly, thereby muddying the meaning, and I find that I occasionally skip over longer comments from the “regular culprits” to save my sanity.

As also mentioned, there is an implied “if one doesn’t know the difference between their, they’re and there”, is there any point to following their opinion?

The end result of misusing words of different meanings is to lose the ability to express what one means accurately. I think we should resist this tendency as best we can. It is no small matter.

SteveT

• rf121 says:

Love it when people get so defensive when it comes to proper English and typos on web postings. Shows your age.

• jessetmims says:

@ rf121… Did you happen to notice that, as a result of “the grammar police,” Sundance has corrected the title of this article?

• David Roth says:

Well, some of us are able to speak our native tongue. You should try it sometime.

• Michael Todaro says:

There have also been numerous he/ him errors as well as the ubiquitous few/some errors. English usage can be fun.

• livefreeordieguy says:

Nit pick duly noted and verified… But I’m as sure as I can be that my late English teacher Mom would give SD a pass… We need to keep our priorities straight.

• jessetmims says:

@ livefreeordieguy… Re “But I’m as sure as I can be that my late English teacher Mom would give SD a pass… We need to keep our priorities straight.”

I wholeheartedly agree that we need to keep our priorities straight. However, your dear English teacher Mom is not the only one we should be worrying about being exposed to and/or impressed by what Sundance says.

The reason WE give him a pass is because we have read enough of his awesome material to know he’s worthy of following. For example, as a regular reader here, I share almost everything Sundance publishes on my Facebook page so my 1500 plus FB friends can benefit from it.

Re: priorities… Hopefully, our priorities include getting the truth out to as many OTHER people as possible; and, for better or worse, improper word usage; especially, using a word that means the OPPOSITE of what is intended is a huge turnoff to many people. If this article is the first from Sundance some are exposed to, some will read no further than the title; simply because, such errors CAN be and often are a sign of ignorance in general.

Debating about who is responsible for the loss may or may not be a worthy endeavor; but, we may be losing some valuable warriors for our cause as a result of such errors. Can we afford to lose ANY?

Rather than complaining about people acknowledging/correcting ANY such errors here, a better solution may be finding a couple of admins who have a knack for proper English to do a little proofreading prior to publishing.

Or… since we obviously have people here who are capable in that regard, perhaps another solution may be to set up some way to contact Sundance privately with suggestions for corrections after (hopefully, SOON after) publishing. Doing that may already be possible, in which case, all that is needed is notifying the site’s readership to use it for that purpose instead of posting corrections publicly on a thread.

After all, acknowledging one’s limitations and being willing to ask for and accept help is NOT a bad thing…

My apologies for adding to the distraction with such a lengthy rant. But, SOME solution other than the status quo is needed; because, as I’ll readily admit, public on-thread corrections and the resulting discussions pro and con ARE a distraction; and, simply complaining about it, calling well meaning people “Grammar police,” and/or banning them has not yet solved the problem and likely never will.

• SteveT says:

Agreed wholeheartedly.
          Lengthy – maybe
          Rant – maybe
          Distraction – possibly – but worth it as it is important for the reasons you gave.
          Adding awareness is a good thing in my opinion.

SteveT

• budklatsch says:

Can we be ‘Friends’? Your FB page must be a doozy!

• jessetmims says:

@ budklatsch… Re “Can we be ‘Friends’? Your FB page must be a doozy!”

If your comment is directed to me, thanks! If you wish to check out my FB page first, feel free to visit https://www.facebook.com/JesseTMims. If you like what you see, tell me your Facebook name and I’ll send you a friend request. My settings are adjusted to allow EVERYONE to read what is there, make comments, “Like” posts/comments, etc.; so, you can see everything there, friend or not.

Just a head’s up, though… even though I allow everyone access to my Facebook page, I do not allow excessive foul language nor do liberals usually last long before they’re blocked. So, neither I nor my friends have to listen to their stupidity for long. Most conservatives who do not buy into almost every conspiracy that comes along usually stick around for awhile.

On my page, your freedom of speech is 100% secure; and, so is my option to block you for any reason I decide to. 🙂

• jessetmims says:

@ livefreeordieguy…

By the way, did you happen to notice that, as a result of “the grammar police,” Sundance has corrected the title of this article?

• sundance says:

Grammatical criticism is fine. The emphasis is often on the wrong syllable.

Ever think about how many hedge-funders make millions, some billions, by reading this analysis?

Carry on…..

• GSparrow says:

Are you a British grammarian Lepanto?

Your comma and period outside of the quotation marks looked odd to me as I always include them within the quotation marks.

So, I checked a few grammar sites and they all agreed that “in American English we always put periods and commas inside quotation marks, but in British English, periods and commas can go inside or outside..”

“The only exception is allegedly, “in technical writing, when you’re designating something that a user should type into a text box…”

Is this true Lepanto?

• WSB says:

I subscribe to this one sentance. Single quotes for thoughts, titles or ideas INSIDE punctuation, and double quotes for speech or verbatim spoken recall.

Jane said, “Why did she call the man a ‘traitor’?”

• MAGADJT says:

So glad we have patriots like you on duty. If our side could just get these small things correct, everything else would fall into place. :-/

• Amy1212 says:

The article headline noted that President Trump was the speaker so implies is correct even under your rules. Case dismissed.

• jessetmims says:

@ Amy1212… I’m not sure at what time you first saw the title; but, it was originally written as follows, “President Trump Infers Majority of China Trade Conflict Trending Favorably – Few Noted the Signal…”

After the error in word usage was pointed out by lepanto, Sundance corrected it to say, “President Trump infers…”

Use of the word, “infers” gives the distinct impression that someone OTHER than Trump was the speaker and that he was “inferring” something FROM that other person.

• Amy1212 says:

Thanks for explaining. The comment did not make sense before. Now it does. CTH deplorables are the best.

• jessetmims says:

@ Amy1212… Thanks! I’m also embarrassed to admit that I see an error in MY comment to you… Instead of “After the error in word usage was pointed out by lepanto, Sundance corrected it to say, “President Trump infers…,” it should say, After the error in word usage was pointed out by lepanto, Sundance corrected it to say, “President Trump implies…”

My apologies.

• KAM2020 says:

Is that all y’all got? Some grammar….. inferences vs implications??? Good read SD!

• KAM2020 says:

…. as for the content, the primary reason that China has bowing up militarily is to ensure a “win”, so important to their culture. So if they can attain a “win” with trade, they will likely back off their aggressive stance on territorial expansion. There are still a few bones to pick with Taiwan and some of the other near by territories, but a lot can be accomplished with DJT’s unconventional approach to a centuries old challenge that the west has had with China. No one has ever approached political stability and trade in the same way before. That’s why China has always had both a panda and a dragon face to put on snookering the rest of the world. Until now.

• Mrs. E says:

Thank you, Lepanto. Much appreciated.

3. BSR says:

It’s too easy to accuse MSM – DNC – GOP of failing to give credit where credit is due. I honestly don’t think any of them will see how brilliant this entire strategy with N Korea. Regardless of affiliation those entities can only understand arms sales and dead American soldiers. Peace through economic strength was the greatest policy this White House has seen in my lifetime. God Bless President Trump.

• mj_inOC says:

And to think it all started when Ivanka’s 4-y-old Daughter sang to Chairman Xi in Mandarin three Christmas’ ago… and won his and now Gramma Xi’s heart!

• Jan says:

The DS-MSM has obviously gone brain dead. They missed Chuck the Schmuck’s underling leaving Chuck’s office because of his unwanted sexual advances on staff; they’re pretty much ignoring Northam’s infanticide support; hyping on all the perceived “orange man is bad” theme. The delicate negotiations for peace and economic strength is national security is completely above their tiny minds and outside their depth of perception. Ignore them. Find the truth where you can, like here.

4. Cache says:

Thank you for giving us all this website. It is so refreshing to have honest reporting accompanied with unbiased, sincere opinion. For you to then provide us a forum to discuss your thoughts—it’s just amazing.

5. Carson Napier says:

Never give a sword to a man who can’t dance. DJT would have Confucius’ highest approbation.

6. samgator says:

PDJT makes it look soooo easy, almost as if, the other guys weren’t even trying? hmmmm

7. EJS says:

I love the photo of Old Hickory in the background!! Want a great read? Read President Andrew Jackson’s farewell address, its prophetic.

8. sickconservative says:

Really is there any politician from either side you would trust with these negotiations.
    Art of the deal I guess but more just working for us for a change.

9. trapper says:

Excellent analysis. I read somewhere that it takes ten miles for a supertanker to actually execute a course change. US/China trade has almost completed its course change and is headed in a new direction. Trump at the helm. No going back.

Praise for the panda for doing what he should do. Good panda. Happy panda. But don’t forget that 1,000 pound eagle perched above the dragon’s neck. That eagle will stay there.

10. Kleen says:

Can you imagine if Trump was being treated fairly by the media?

No witch hunt?

Now imagine if he was being treated like Obama was?

• livefreeordieguy says:

I have a good imagination…. a really good imagination… but I am incapable of imagining THAT.

• dd_sc says:

Can you imagine if a Republican majority in both House and Senate actually worked with Trump the first two yesrs?

• rayvandune says:

I wonder if being savaged by the media doesn’t bring out the best in PDJT? The best in terms of resolve to succeed. Of course, it is hard to imagine him lacking resolve in ANY situation!

How would Obama have handled what PDJT laughs off every day? Poorly. Pathetically. Would have been a lifetime-first experience, and thus bewildering. Like trying to maneuver an umbrella through a gateway.

11. gildie says:

Love that last picture. All the wolverines lined up. No smiles, just looking at the Chinese’s rep’s throat. Ross in the background looks ready for blood.
    If I were that rep, I’d yank on a panda suit & break into my Me so Funny happy dance.

12. jbrickley says:

How much you wanna bet Kim is saying “help me” to Trump? That is the impression I got from their first face to face in the White House. Meanwhile the propaganda machine is in full effect.

13. spr says:

booooya!

14. And 300k new jobs to boot, With wages growing.

I almost shudder to think what this man would accomplish if the Uni-Party were working with him for America instead of against us.

• tucker7518 says:

It killed CNN to say the ‘Jobs report’ was a win for Trump. 304,000 jobs created in January, wage up 3.2%, Best January for the Dow in three years, and best January for the S&P since 1987. Economy is smoking hot!

15. alliwantissometruth says:

It’s so refreshing to have a man in the Oval Office that actually knows what he’s doing

After decades of globalist puppets and leftist ideologue nitwits, it’s just so…. so cool

• gymcy81 says:

…yes, in reality, there is a very high contrast with high minded platitudes (optics) that some politicians will tell us – with no proven substance (prior actions) to back it up
      (and / or a hidden agenda in the opposite direction of the spoken platitudes).
      [ which some know that they have previously experienced weakness,
      and while others remain in denial of the prior weakness. ]

A lot of credit for the weakness is related to the Decades of deliberate mis-education – at the highest cost per student in the world. It’s been pointed out for years…
      Heritage.org has been reporting on the education problems, for years (often falling upon deaf ears).

p.s.
      thankfully, that deterioration curve -which is in a deep and getting deeper valley -,
      may be (maybe?) starting to bend upwardly…but the Decades of damages, will take decades to see a measurable better return on the prior Huge taxpayer investments in public education….
      (for instance, Gov. DeSantis recanting ‘common-core’ in Fl. is a positive signal – with potential better returns in math results, over time… etc.
      i.e. locals gaining control over (inept, or corrupted) DC / union influences upon local administrators etc. )

…love thy neighbors…

• alliwantissometruth says:

I agree gymcy. I’ve been saying for decades if we don’t get rid of the entire leftist/Marxist/Washington stranglehold on our education systems we’ll ultimately lose the war

16. Perot Conservative says:

So think about what the dominoes could potentially be:

1. Trade deal with China, biggest ever; Historic

2. Stock market & economy continue to boom

3. Trade deficit drops, helping economy

4. North Korea peace deal closer

5. On a smaller scale, helps ag; and ag potentially helping NK

6. Both China & NK give us juice with every other trade deal – Germany, UK, everyone!

Reservations: I simply don’t trust China to stop cheating and stealing IP

• livefreeordieguy says:

All of that will only make them re-double their efforts in executing the coup…

• James Street says:

Your reservations are what have me scratching my head and wondering what the final deal will look like. It can’t be just a few minor tweaks, and give and takes. To accomplish what I think I hear POTUS saying would require total structural change to their whole godless commie system, and them giving up a lot of power and control.

I wonder if POTUS and his team are counseling them on this huge transition.

• gymcy81 says:

…is someone overlooking a dynamic, yet nondescript, dem / russia / globalist counter influence in the wind…?

I trust that someone(s) are not…. ; )

• Beautifully outlined, Perot Conservative.

President Trump’s ALSO multiplied his Strategic Options … to produce more LEVERAGE.

President Xi now faces a loss of face if China doesn’t demonstrate they’re “Deal Ready”.

• Imagine the effect if Xi fails to EARN the meeting with POTUS after the Kim meeting
      … Which would appear to diminish his standing to a level Lower-than-Kim
      … After the ringing accolades that POTUS gave the Vice Premier Liu in the Oval Office
      … Which approached elevating Liu to a level on par with Xi!

• Imagine the pressure now on Liu to complete Deal negotiations in earlier February
      … Or risk the private wrath of Dragon-Faced Xi.
      … And the possibility of public humiliation.

President Trump has also scheduled the Tariff Increase for March 2nd

• The DAY AFTER the USA hits its Debt Ceiling.

• Multiplying the BENEFIT of another $30 Billion Annually from China.
      … Producing LEVERAGE that blocks Congress/USCOC from opposing the Tariffs.
      … Producing LEVERAGE that induces China to satisfy Trump’s Deal Requirements.

• Producing LEVERAGE for Congress to use the Chinese Tariffs to Fund the Wall.
      … When those Tariffs will be applied to Auto/Parts Imports through Mexico.
      … Enabling Trump to claim that Mexico was Paying for the Wall.
      … Via Trump’s Trade Deals … Just as he said they would!

• Producing LEVERAGE for Congress to RATIFY the USMCA & China Trade Deals.
      … Because POTUS can leave the Tariffs in place until they do
      … Leaving the USCOC Globalists to absorb the Tariffs in the meantime.
      … Watching their Stock Valuations plummet until they’ve Paid enough for Play!

• • Producing LEVERAGE for Congress to quickly Close on a Debt Ceiling Deal.
        … That CUTS Deficits.
        … That APPROVES Trump’s Government Restructuring Plan.
        … That EMPOWERS the Administration to Fire Underperforming or Subversive Workers.

17. dreamguardian007 says:

All this, and VSG President Trump still holding the declassification leverage over Spygate… We’ll really get charged up when he instructs Dr. Mark T. Esper, Secretary of the Army, to secure the southern border! Or will he go the national emergency route?

18. ringoagogo says:

I have been down in the past few weeks about how the Dems have been just mucking up the waters.
    It is far worse than just the RINOS mucking things up. This post is the most refreshing for a while. This will be the lynchpin for the tide turning. Once this is done I think the truth of the soft coup can finish coming out. Not sure many noticed there are dribs of information that has come out. But the MSM continues to ignore.. Hoping for a good dose of evidence to be released. Shut down Mueller and company. Cheers…

19. Tazio Nuvolari says:

>> China has agreed to criminalize fentanyl. <<

This is huge news, which of course will be totally ignored by the media.

20. montanamel says:

wonder how things would look, with the trade deal, when it says that China has 2 ways to go forward:
    1. Without any internet traffic directly –
    2. OR, only thru filters/recorders/censors…

ie: only way to put the skids to all this stealing of trade/business/govt secret stuff…

Or, we just pile on the tariffs and remove all Chinese nationals from America…period.

That would mean that COSCO gives up all it’s contracts to run our west coast harbors, etc… And, all the kids go home from our colleges…,and, all their “visa holders” give them up and depart.

Check-6

21. Elric VIII says:

Why not have a Tri-Lateral meeting? The U.S., China, and North Korea. One big happy family. Tell Putin he’s invited if he happens to be in the neighborhood. Why fight when we can make deals and mutually prosper?

22. TreeClimber says:

Gonna get addicted to all these winnamins…

23. Fools Gold says:

Yah I caught that in the video. I said to myself that’s not a coincidence in the timing. Trump has much confidence in the additional 25% leverage seeing how affective the 10% screw he’s already placed on the Chinese economy they can’t do anything about. If Xi is smart he will see he best negotiate a reciprocal deal or suffer the consequence. He will leave trump the win knowing he can’t go back on it until Trump has ended his term…in 6 years I might add.

24. cripto says:

(Clearing throat) Look at the date and time stamp.

😀
    cripto says:
    January 20, 2019 at 11:41 pm
    Figures out: China’s economy grew 6.6% in 2018, slowest in 28 years. The fourth quarter shows 6.4% (level not seen since the 2009 during the global financial crisis).

Yes it grew, but see my comment above about fudging the statistics.

What is interesting is it seems a central party meeting is scheduled before Liu He and the vice ministers of finance and commerce are scheduled to arrive in D.C. on 30-31 January for trade negotiations. Don’t know yet what it is about, but we all have guesses.

As for His Porcine Majesty, he just came back from his shopping trip in Beijing and made an unpublicized stop at Dandong with a meet and greet with China Officials who govern the border areas and the China-NK autonomous region. As you may know the flow of sanctioned goods has increased between China and NK.

Kim3 wants economic development, highlighted in his New Year’s speech and spent most of his time in Beijing visiting factories and commercial premises. In my opinion he is shopping for the best ‘deal’ or investments. That entails the lifting of sanctions, get an armistice (for both he needs the US and UN to go along) so he can ramp up his united front with SK (juche strategy) and keep his nukes as a guarantor of his continued rule. He needs the US and UN for part of this deal and needs China (and Russia) as leverage.

It has also been rumored that if Trump meets Kim in Hanoi or Danang, the President may also meet up with Xi.

We shall see.

WES says:
    January 21, 2019 at 12:34 am
    Cripto: Xi will never go to Vietnam!

cripto says:
    January 21, 2019 at 2:19 am
    Sorry WES, but Xi Jinping has already been to Vietnam in 2017. Vietnam “rolled out the red carpet’.

The rumors are the President may meet with Xi for a ‘face-to-face’ maybe not in Vietnam. It was Spox Ms Sarah Saunders who intimated it might happen that got the grape-vine tingling.

25. Tired Mom says:

I love our Very Stable Genius. I just do, with all my heart. I finally feel like there is a chance my children will have a bright future in this country!

26. truthbomb says:

So the criminal ChiComs are going to criminalize fentanyl and we actually believe they are going to enforce the law? Like turning the American people into addicts isn’t part of the world domination strategy? I’d be ROFL if this wasn’t so sickening.

27. Gary Lacey says:

Have you noticed there are no missiles being launched from N.Korea.

28. Pyrthroes says:

Pres. Trump, the esteemed object of our affections, is a virtuoso plucker of Hsi’s strings. Since economics is at root political, and vice versa, these next four weeks (through early March) should meaningfully impact Campaign –and thus Election– 2020.

For some decades now, the cliche buzz has been that not-so-subtle media bias is worth near 15-points in any poll, perhaps even at the ballot box. But due to absurdly partisan seditious libel over 18 months, November 2016 put quietus to that raunch with a bare bodkin… now two years later, as coiffed floozies flap their gums, Trump’s purported 43 – 47% approval rating in fact approaches 55 – 60% nationwide.

As one commentator said of Newark’s ex-Mayor Booker, a would-be Daly, Frank Hague, Tweed, “no-one with an albedo lighter than an eggplant’s will cultivate this vegetable.”

29. JMC says:

Check out this article on Pam Northam, the VA governor’s wife, with several short puff piece videos. (She fell in love with him when he devised an apparatus to save her kitten’s life):

30. sedeuceter says:

Love the picture of the U.S. team – without a doubt the strongest international trade team in our history led, by of all people, the “amateur”….

31. snellvillebob says:

China arranged to get the 25% tariffs delayed to March 2 which coincidentally is just about when Pelosi, Waters, Cummings and others are initiating their long-awaited final push to impeach President Trump. Pelosi’s absolute stand against a wall leads me to wonder if China has promised them a cut of the Fentenyal profits, or $billions in cash if they can get rid of him. China can easily pay for $100 billion in bribes to save the $400 billion a year trade imbalance. Since out FBI and DOJ are still working for the left, there will be no investigations.

32. Rose says:

It’s high time China kept it’s junk at home, try buying made in the west computer products like a mouse or key board, why does it matter -well for me the stuff made in China gives me giant blisters and then my hands peel for months. We have no idea what kind of toxic waste China puts in the products they make.

33. TCG says:

No. Any ‘agreement’ with Xi that is formulated by Trump in, or in proximity to, China would be a mistake of collossal, historic proportions, because a few years down the track, it may resemble Chamberlain’s notorious “peace for our time” document that Hitler signed. He can’t, and won’t, meet with China on China turf, unless he wants to remembered as Chamberlain Mark II.
    “Hey look everyone, Xi is a great guy, and we’re friends, and here’s an amazing contract I talked him into signing.”
    (2 years later: ww3….)

This is just creating a carrot that he can take off the table when the Chinese misbehave, which they will.

(btw this is my first time commenting here. I enjoy Sundance’s posts – but this is the first time I’ve felt compelled to comment, because I think Sundance got it wrong on this one).