We try not to underestimate Donald Trump any longer.  In the beginning of this campaign we thought no candidate could thoroughly comprehend the tentacles of the Machiavellian schemes as well those who research these endeavors 24/7/365.

However, we are continually amazed at how The Donald not only understands the constructs, but has an insight to fire subtle shots in their direction that only those who are immersed in politics can see.   Not trying to give him too much credit, but damn, the man represents the smartest republican political strategist in our lifetime – and he’s also the flippin’ candidate.

Trump rally mississippi

Yesterday in Mississippi Donald Trump showed another of those intensely sharp insights.

It’s subtle, but when you are in the wave-length of understanding, it’s subtle like a brick through a window.

Donald Trump had a massive crowd of more than 20,000 supporters show up last night;  and most of the national legacy political punditry missed the back story of what makes this campaign rally so significant.

Mississippi was the 2014 representative straw that broke the conservatives back – because Mississippi was ground zero for the GOPe attack against the conservative base of their own party during the primary season of 2014.

cornyn_graham_roberts_cochran_mcconnell_apGOPe candidate Senator Thad Cochran -vs- Conservative, grassroots candidate Chris McDaniel was the exemplification of elitist republican arrogance against the grassroots electorate of the party.

The Washington DC based GOPe, led by Senator Mitch McConnell, ran racist attack ads against their own party candidate Chris McDaniel just to protect their incumbent cohort Thad Cochran.

After McDaniel won more primary votes than Cochran, a run-off was needed.  The GOPe through the National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee (NRSCC), where Ted Cruz was a vice-chair member, then paid Democrats to vote in the runoff to aid Cochran.

The racist attack ads, in combination with the intentional voter fraud, was the most visible and divisive tactic in modern republican history.  The GOPe behavior showed how they would do anything to remain in power, A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G!

thad cochran - chris mcdanielMitch Tyner

(left to right – Thad Cochran, Chris Daniels, Attorney Mitch Tyner)

Chris McDaniel’s lawyer in the fight against the GOPe in 2014 was Mitch Tyner.

Fast forward to the presidential primary of 2016 – The GOPe having recently showcased their intention to run a similar “Mississippi campaign” type of war against Donald Trump in the presidential primary race of 2016.  [Story Here]

So what does candidate Trump do?

Not only does he show them his awareness of how far they will go, he puts Mitch Tyner in the most visible backdrop of the stage:

mitch tyner trump mississippi rally

What does this indicate?  #1) That Trump is 100% up-to-speed, on the people, processes, and plans within the Mississippi political hierarchy, and beyond; and also #2) He’s putting the GOPe on notice….

….subtle like a brick through a window when you know what you’re looking at.

GOP primary 2

Just a Reminder, this is an insurgency. – The modern enemy of Wall Street is Main Street vulgarians. The enemy of the RNC/GOPe is not Democrats, it’s Grassroots Conservatives, more vulgarians.

The Republican Party, and the Republican media apparatus, view us as their enemy. We are the enemy they need to protect themselves from:

In 2014, the RNC approved selection rules that govern how each state’s delegates are portioned out from the primaries. Under one of the changes, states holding their primaries between March 1 and March 14 will have their delegates doled out proportionately with election results, a change that will likely stymie a movement candidate.

States that have primaries on or after March 15 will be winner-take-all states.

That’s important because another RNC rule change requires that a candidate must win a majority of delegates in eight or more states before his or her name may be presented for nomination at the 2016 Republican National Convention.

With 18 GOP presidential candidates, for now, it will be that much harder for any candidate to win a majority in any state, let alone eight. (Article July 2015)

GOP-versus-Tea-PartyNow, ask yourself, why would the RNC want to “stymie a movement candidate“? Who exactly does that benefit? Obviously, the “non-movement” candidate, ie “the turtle“.

Isn’t the entire reason for campaigning in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina etc. to make a movement/momentum?

In addition Rule #40 changed in 2014 from previously five needed state wins, to a newer threshold of eight (8):

Officially, it’s Rule 40 in the RNC handbook and it states that any candidate for president “shall demonstrate the support of a majority of the delegates from each of eight (8) or more states” before their name is presented for nomination at the national convention. (article March 2014)

Again, ask yourself who does this benefit? A candidate can win seven states outright, and still not have their name presented for nomination?

These rules were made/affirmed in 2014 – Who or what exactly was the GOP concerned about blocking in 2016 that would necessitate such rules? When combined with other rule changes you can clearly identify a consolidation of power within the RNC apparatus intentionally constructed to stop the candidate of the GRASSROOTS from achieving victory.

It’s all part of their GOPe Roadmap.

♦ Reference and Resources – (links to internal MSM references are contained within prior outlines): RNC Rule Changes RNC Rule Battles

1. Following The Money
  2. The GOPe Roadmap
  3. ♦ The Roles of The Players – “The Splitters
  4. ♦ How each candidate is aligned in the Roadmap
  5. ♦ Arrow #1 Trump Hits The Super-PACs – The GOPe Achilles Heel
  6. ♦ Arrow #2 Trump Hits Bush – Inside The Wall Street Fortress
  7. ♦ Arrow #3 Trump Cuts Off Rubio/Bush switch – The GOPe Switch
  8. ♦ The Rick Perry Tripwire Exposed – DC Super-Pac
  9. ♦ Jeb Bush Super-Pac Will immediately spend $10 Million
  10. ♦ Proving there is only one political party in Washington DC
  11. ♦ Why Support Trump – Part One (The GOPe Ruse)
  12. ♦ Why Support Trump – Part Two (Stop being played)
  13. ♦ Why Support Trump – Part Three (Intellectual Details)
  14. ♦ How To Defeat the GOPe Road Map
  15. ♦ Current Polling Exposes – the Ohio, Florida, Texas, Virginia, New York Splitters
  16. ♦ Florida Polling Exposes – Donald Trump defeating Jeb’s Florida Strategy
  17. ♦ Rush Limbaugh Discusses/AffirmsThe “splitter strategy”
  18. ♦ The Biden Paradox – Trump Winning Means Clinton Must Be Removed
  19. ♦ Salem Media Communications (GOPe Media Arm) Launches Attack
  20. ♦ Open Letter To GOPe – The Conservative Frustration
  21. ♦ Why The GOPe Will Never Stop Attacking Donald Trump

Trump flag

U.S. Republican presidential candidate Trump hugs a U.S. flag as he takes the stage for a campaign town hall meeting in Derry

Trump rally illinois 4

trump lion

This entry was posted in Cold Anger, Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Tripwires. Bookmark the permalink.

332 Responses to Tripwire Alert – Donald Trump Warns GOPe Brilliantly – Understands Mississippi – Places Chris McDaniel Lawyer Mitch Tyner Center Stage…

1. PB conservative says:

I knew I knew that guy from somewhere! the whole time I was irked because I couldn’t recall where from. NOW I know! I paid attention to him the whole time and I noticed (might have been at the end) Mr. Trump turns around points to him and gives him a nod and the guy gives him a big grin!
    I haven’t read the comments if someone has already said it but, I swear I was fixated on the guy to the point of distraction. I cant believe that’s who it was. Trump is so frigging smart . I’m proud to be voting for this guy he’s a genius .

• Dave says:

I’m with ya! I noticed him as well and watched him all night. There was something about him that drew my attention. Might have been the clasp he had on his jacket lapels across his tie. Never seen that before.

This another brilliant move just like saying there is something “suspicious” about the Iran deal. He knows a lot more than what he is saying now.

Pray for his safety………..

• NCPatrick says:

Yes,I noticed him immediately as well and watched him throughout the speech because he was animated and involved in the speech and I liked that. Fantastic catch, Sundance, and another brilliant Trump move.

• MissV says:

Wow, good situational awareness.

• Yeah – the guy was not only VERY noticeable, but I could have sworn I’d seen him. I thought for a moment that he looked like Wayne LaPierre without his glasses, but no – no way.

Great catch, Sundance! And I agree – BRICK THROUGH THE WINDOW. And not just any brick – it’s the exact same brick that the GOPe gang-bangers threw through the window of Tea Party Central.

Dem flyin’ bricks is a-comin’ home ta roost!

• Truthfilter says:

I have the still image on my phone of the moment when Trump turns around to give what looks to be a thumbs up gesture in the direction of Mr. Tyrer. I was standing to the right of the podium on the front row facing the people seated behind Trump. Mr. Tyrer and his wife moved to those seats from another nearby section right before the rally began. I was there all day and I noticed the Tyrers from the beginning. I’ve watched all of Trump’s rallies so I paid less attention to his speech and watched the audience behind him. I can’t post images here from my phone but will send them to Sundance. This is amazing.

• Very cool! I’m going to have to re-watch that part. Gotta see what prompted that – because I do remember the moment, too, but made no connection at the time.

LOL.

I’m reminded of one of the Republican pundits back in the days of the Clintons, who may now be a GOPe type, saying “we have to win big enough that they can’t cheat.” Obviously he was not familiar at the time with the Uniparty meme of “aw shucks” close elections, pre-determined by Uniparty Global, but that aside, it’s rather ironic that Trump will finally provide just what he asked for, but only now that he’s on the dark side!!!

• Mary Smith says:

So happy to see my neighboring state, Mississippi, understanding that Republicans must vote for Trump. He must be our next President or the United States will never be great again during my life time. Mr. Trump loves America and he can be a great president. I believe Donald Trump will be elected and together we can make America great again

• jldnagg says:

Please, Please remember!
      Get your vote right the first time!
      Trump all the way!
      Registered INDEPENDENTS cannot vote in PRIMARY elections in the following states: You need to Register Republican if you are trying to vote. Do it ASAP!.
      You can register at your DMV, online😀
      Go PRESIDENT #DonaldTrump Go! 2016!
      – Arizona
      – Pennsylvania
      – Rhode Island
      – South Dakota
      – Utah
      – West Virginia

2. Melania for 1st Lady says:

Faster than a speeding bullet. Check.
    More powerful than a locomotive. Check.
    Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Check.
    Powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. Double check.
    Can change the course of mighty rivers. Check.
    Bend steel in his bare hands? Every morning, before breakfast.
    Fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Check x 1000.

Let’s face it, mild-mannered billionaire badass, Donald J. Trump, is, in fact, Superman.

• bertdilbert says:

You forgot “Builds walls and gets other people to pay for it. Check”.

• margarite1 says:

He already admitted to the Iowa kid in the helicopter that he is Batman. :-)))
      I’ve never been so excited about an election…EVER!

• 1American1st says:

This is the same kind of excitement I felt when Ronald Reagan ran in 1980.

Reagan & Trump have a lot of similarities.
        – Both were actors
        – Neither is a lawyer
        – Both ran for President after a Democrat screwed up America
        – Both were Democrats but saw the light & changed to Republicans
        – Both have/had more common sense than the entire Senate & House combined
        – Both wanted to restore America to greatness & prosperity (Make America Great Again)
        – Neither one has been Politically Correct when speaking & just tell it like it is
        – Both ran for President because they loved America, not for their own selfish power grab (like Hillary, who could care less about Americans…to her it’s all about POWER).
        – When President Reagan was inaugurated he was 70 years old. If Trump wins he will be 70 when he’s inaugurated.

• Not a LAWYER is one of the MAJOR POINTS!!!!
          Lawyers control a plurality of Congress the entire Supreme Court and many times the executive branch, there is too much power vested in ONE profession with-in our government. If any profession controlled this much of the power base such profession would regulate itself and wield exceptional power through out the halls of government as well.
          Never elect a lawyer to office.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Actually, he is Batman.

• Awesome ……#TRUMP2016

3. kellyseamus says:

Trump is sharp. You don’t become a billionaire in the cutthroat real estate business by being a dummy.

4. Steele81 says:

I watch very little television, so what I knew about the gope Mississippi campaign fraud came from radio and Internet. I had never seen a picture of this man, but he was so prominent at the Trump Biloxi rally that it did make me wonder. Well played indeed!

5. bertdilbert says:

Trump is the big picture man and detail guy all wrapped in one package. He is also the best counter puncher money can’t buy.

6. justfactsplz says:

I am clapping with glee just thinking about Tyner standing there clapping. If Trump is on to what happened in Mississippi, then he’s on to a lot of other shenanigans of the GOPe against him.

7. LibertatiAutAdMortem says:

Wow, another unbelievable catch and analysis by Mr. Sundance, and why I read the Conservative Treehouse. It is America against the kleptocratic plutocracy. Thank you.

• Yeah, I’m addicted to real news, and real news analysis happens here. Been thirsty for it for a looooong time.

We knew that the old media would die. We just had no idea they would commit suicide on communism’s doorstep.

I’m happy to see new media’s smarts on display in a lot of places. Breitbart seems to have some real insight into #BLM now – they’ve clearly moved onto the fast track.

8. TwoLaine says:

I think the UNIPARTY tho’t they would have more control because it’s just old white people who oppose them. All those old farts hanging on to their guns and Bibles, and sooner or later they’ll all die off. The problem is we are still here, many of our parents are still here, and we all raised our children and grandchildren to think for themselves. And it is not just whites who grew up proud to be an American, and raised our families that way.

Proud Family Man TRUMP has tapped into all of those generations who believe in America because We Did Build That! And we are sick and tired of it being taken away by an ever-bloated and maniacal, out of control gubt.

• joshua says:

and many of us old white folks have our 20 plus year old college graduate kids living at home because they cannot get quality jobs and pay off their college loans too…we are damn mad and sick of the fools that did the big bank bailouts under Bush, and the Stimulous stupidity under Obama…and nothing came of either except the bankers got richer…..time for this economy to get REAL and get rid of all the bubble stock speculations and make corporations actually PRODUCE value instead of hype for executive and venture investor stock payoffs.

• Starkey Morgan says:

Preach!

• ncrdbl1 says:

You do realize that government involvement created the banking incidents and caused so many banks to need assistance. Half of the loans that the banks made for housing they would not have made without the government forcing them to do so. Clinton and Reno was threatening them with massive legal action if they did not increase loan based on racial quotas. It was Freddy Mac and Fannie Mae who bought these loans and then packaged them as investments. When Bush attempted to change the rules and reign in Freddy and Fannie he was blocked by Democrats.

• ctdar says:

I was so proud of my kids New Years Eve when we sat together to watch the ball drop.
      Five minutes to midnight, GOOGLE ran their blatant liberal commercial spouting every obvious piece of propaganda known to the left, the kids just looked back at me with raised eyebrows and shook their heads. My husband and I knew right then that they got it, and wouldn’t be be a brainwashed.

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

I love reading stories like this.
        Well done ctdar

• ctdar says:

This year they both will be able to vote in a presidential election. Most anybody who has teens know not to push them so we just keep the lines of communication open and pray they truly recognize the world they live in now and the opportunity to take part in “making America great again.”
          Full circle, hubby and I were there in voting booths when Reagan carried the country in 1980.

• Glae says:

I live in a house divided. My husband and I remember the truth. My children, who are old enough to vote, have fallen for the socialistic views of Sanders. “Where did I go wrong” has crossed my mind, but I raised my children to research and have their own opinions. I’m not happy that their opinions differ from mine, but I accept it. I just hope Trump wins, follows through, makes our country great again, and my children have fond memories of Trump, as I do Reagan.

• thom gillespie says:

Trumps promise to to make America White Again, not great.

He has no chance, not enough crazy white people in the general election

Congrats on your kids, you did a good job.

• I think Trump has also brilliantly targeted legal immigrants who want the American dream, and who want it big-time. His message should really, really resonate with these people, so he HAS to go after them. And he did. Here’s how.

Have you noticed how he enunciates “LEGAL” and “LEGALLY” when he talks on immigration? He always finishes his “wall” spiel and his “and they will pay for it” part, with a sentence that ends with “and they will come in LEEEEGAHHHLYYY”.

People predisposed to hating Trump, probably think that over-enunciation smacks of mockery, and even many Trump supporters probably question it. But NO – he isn’t talking to them. He is talking to legal immigrants – not fluent in English – who appreciate not only the extra clarity, but the PRAISE for what they just did, and are most proud of. That one word will resonate.

So right under the media’s critical gaze, Trump targets LEGAL immigrants, while the PC-limited media assumes he’s offending them. And the media thus has no clue when the shocker “minority report” comes back, with Trump running away with all sorts of new-legal-immigrant identity groups! Too funny!!!:-)

• churchill says:

So right under the media’s critical gaze, Trump targets LEGAL immigrants, while the PC-limited media assumes he’s offending them. And the media thus has no clue when the shocker “minority report” comes back, with Trump running away with all sorts of new-legal-immigrant identity groups! Too funny!!!*

Yes t.c.. Spot on. I now believe, IMHO, he (Trump) has no intention of deporting ALL illegal immigrants. In his interview yesterday the anchor laughed when the topic of Mexico paying for the wall cropped up and said: ‘come on, no-one believes that’ and added that the same thing applied to deporting all illegals. And Trump said ‘It will be a PROCESS’.

Which I took to mean that illegals who were law-abiding, had jobs and had been here for a long time would be given the required residency permits and allowed to stay, without the need to leave the country first. The anchor, who was generally fair, should have recognised the importance of this and nailed it down. But, bless him, he didn’t. In any event, Trump has put this on the table and will now deal with it as he sees fit.

We try not to underestimate Donald Trump any longer.was how SD opened up. Three sentences later he gave us:
        * Not trying to give him too much credit, but damn, the man represents the smartest republican political strategist in our lifetime – and he’s also the flippin’ candidate.*

I agree. This revelation dawned on me a while ago. But something else must be added to the list: great honesty, courage and patriotism. His enemies think Trump is a buffoon, a clown who is not worthy of their attention. They see him as a TV entertainer and this foolishness will be their undoing.

I think it’s possible that the only politician in the establishment who ‘gets’ Donald Trump is Bill Clinton and I also think Trump is aware of this. In nature, two alpha males, sensing each other’s strength, will avoid a direct confrontation unless it’s unavoidable, because of the damage they can do. I think Bill Clinton will give Donald Trump a wide berth and, provided Trump doesn’t provoke him, will not constitute a threat. For the moment, beyond communicating to Hillary the consequences of engagement, I think Trump will be content not to stoke the fire. Even the mind numbed dummies in the media can see that Trump has clearly won this opening skirmish, and that Hillary is, effectively, defenseless and without any resources to attack her opponent.

• Trump simply knows how to deal. He knows that the LAW is 100% on the side of the state on deportation. If there is leniency, it should be at America’s convenience and in America’s interest – nothing else. Not because anti-national socialists (anzis, as I call them) want to do what harms nationhood, by putting anti-national, sympathy-based propaganda ahead of OUR national interest.

But Trump WILL build the wall, and Mexico can and will pay for it, with the price of a single new factory. Trump, again, knows that Mexico can afford it, and will go along. Trump is removing the “illegal card” from Mexico’s hand. And it’s about bloody time!!!

Think you’re 100% right about Bill Clinton. Bill knows Trump can destroy his legacy. Indeed, any bad which befalls Trump is guaranteed to destroy it. Bill is also far less red than Cankles. He has done the math. Old alpha is shutting up, lest new alpha destroy his political and legal progeny utterly.

• AdamSelene says:

I love how the media laughs at Trump because in his political speeches he speaks at a 4th grade level. “Oh because he’s so dumb! Not like us!” Facepalm. Try it sometime. It’s very difficult (see, I should have said “hard” not “difficult”) to keep what you say simple and use 1 and 2 syllable words instead of big mouthfuls to sound smart. All the while missing the non-native speakers and the less-educated voters. Of course the libs mock the “uneducated voters” who’re behind Trump. Jerks. Those “uneducated voters” are called “blue collar workers.” If they had educations, they wouldn’t be blue collar workers. And if they were behind Comrade Sanders, the media would be talking about how “the working man” likes liberals.

I’m so glad the media is so stupid. You just have to remember to laugh at them instead of taking insult. Easier said than done sometimes.

9. ZZ4guy says:

Are those seats reserved for VIPs? Or was Tyner just lucky enough and a big enough fan to stand in line all night to get a front row seat? I’m just asking. Big Trump supporter here…

10. RDC says:

Sundance, thank you for identifying Mitch Tyner. But let us not forget another Trump marker at the Biloxi rally, the presence of Diamond and Silk and their inclusive message to the Mississippi crowd:

“There is only one race and that is the human race. All of our lives matter. And we finally [have] got a candidate that realizes that — and that’s why it’s imperative that you vote for Donald J. Trump.”

• MissV says:

Thanks for mentioning those ladies. You gotta love ’em.

• judyw says:

I LOVE Diamond and Silk! The off the cuff comment Trump made “…and I hope they are making a lot of money” reaches to the core of who I believe Trump to be. He’s made a lot of money and he knows how to do it and his wish is for everyone to make as much as they are willing to work for….and that we’re truly all in this together!

• That deserves to be a well-done graphic meme, of the same quality as Trump”s “Make America Great” pic that Sundance uses routinely. It would literally gain millions of votes.

11. Just_me says:

This sure is fun to watch. Wonder if Cruz has anything he would like to say about M-I crooked letter crooked letter I, crooked letter crooked letter I, humpback humpback I ?

Great post Sundance!

12. Founding Fathers Fan says:

Mississippi republican no-shows allowed Cochran to win. There was only a 20% voter turnout. Not voting has consequences.

13. Spar Harmon says:

First he was sorta glum and uncomfortable looking, but he caught my eye. Old-school southern gent, I thought with appreciation, being one of the breed myself. As Trump proceeded, Tyner slowly warmed, became more animated, and a brilliant smile started breaking out with increasing frequency. I knew that I had reason to know who he was, but couldn’t put it together.

I know I am an old owl in the deep foliage of this tree, but my passion is the hunting of the small mice of truth. I listen intently to the speeches and interviews for the subtle tactical shifts in content and emphasis outlining the flow of his strategic thinking.

Here is your part and my part, friends :: massive turnout for primary and general. Where I am is where I work. Altogether now, Raise high the roof-beam neighbors!!!

• sundance says:

From the article:

….”Alex Castellanos, a longtime GOP ad creator who is unaligned in the 2016 race, said Trump ought to use his January ads to make a closing argument. He even came up with a slogan: “The strength we want for the change we need.”

“Sum it up before the jury,” Castellanos said. “I would make the case that America is in decline, about to slip over the precipice, and we need a president as big as our fears and as strong as our adversaries — and only one man has demonstrated that strength.”…

Castellanos is the same guy who said the way to kill Trump is to get in cozy and comfy and shive him in the ribs.

No-one around Team Trump should take advice from Alex Castellanos.

• SharonKinDC says:

My read, in addition to any Brutus angle, was he was hawking his services.

• churchill says:

Yes Sharon, he might as well have sent a C.V.

No-one around Team Trump should take advice from Alex Castellanos,

Sure, that’s the obvious move. When did Trump ever do that? Trump might well feel that he can find some work for Castellanos. Or not.

• To me, that runs counter-current to the way Trump’s image actually needs to evolve (and I’m deducing THAT from Trump’s own game, as an observer, because Trump schools ME, not the other way around). In fact, this advice strikes me as a Lucy tee-up, where Cankles can pull the ball away at the last second, in a variety of ways. And beyond that stuff (because no way do I spell it out for Red Cankles and 3% Jeb)…

(1) The people who get “strength” already get it, and are already on the team

(2) Trump and “fear” are never in the same room, much less paragraph, much less sentence.

(3) More to come. But I’m calling that advice 3 months late and 50 electoral college votes short

• AdamSelene says:

Terrible slogan. Too wordy. Puts action in the hands of the candidate (“change”) instead of in the hands of voters (“make”) so the voter doesn’t feel like they own or are part of anything. Garbage.

14. Minnie Pearl says:

Cruz was the NRSCC vice chair for outreach; tea party outreach that would be. He agreed to campaign and help win the Senate for the GOP on his terms that he would stay out of incumbent races, which he did. His role was to win new senate seats. I followed the Cochran/McConnell/Barbour campaign corruption closely and also remember Cruz in the middle of it coming on Mark Levin to expose it. I know it’s the silly season, but is there any chance of being objective about Trump’s competition? Here, does this help? Does it even matter? http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/07/ted-cruz-seeks-probe-of-mississippi-gop-primary-runoff/

• sundance says:

Spin. What is written there is PURE spin and a heavy dose of BS.

If you actually watched Cruz through the Cochran/McDaniel/McConnell/Barbour fiasco you would know Mitch McConnell told Cruz to stay out of 2014 GOP primaries. The “win new senate seats” is pure spin. Cruz did what McConnell told him to do in October/November 2013.

Cruz and Cruzbots, then as now, doth protest too much.

When “exactly” did Cruz quit the NRSC? Yeah, I thought so.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Um, Sd, Cruz did rally for some of the Senate seats. I was working on the seat replacement for Coburn’s seat. Not defending Cruz: but, he, Mike Lee, and Palin came to OK, then went to Nebraska, I believe, then somewhere else.

• sundance says:

I never said he didn’t. I said the “win new senate seats” talking point was BS spin to make his back-turning palatable to those who don’t follow politics.

Yes, Cruz campaigned for Ben Sasse (example). But Cruz refused to campaign for conservative “outsiders” not approved by Mitch McConnell. Period.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Sd, after the primary, you and I are going to have a little “BigMamaTEA attitude adjustment” just like the throw-down I had to have with Erick. (And we may have to have it via email, because I like to cuss!)

You are becoming a stubborn old goat, and in this particular case YOU ARE WRONG! Ben Sasse IS/WAS an outsider candidate! So was Tom Cotton. TurtleHead did not approve of either one of these guys! Cruz has his faults, I know them well, but this was not one of them. TurtleHead and Cruz HATE each other.

Until after the primary, I will set this aside. This week I am registering voters for Trump.

• sundance says:

Only if you stop putting words in my mouth. I never said Ben Sasse wasn’t an outsider – I am specifically referencing the people that Cruz refused to assist against incumbents.

You are actually proving my point for me.

When it benefits Cruz he campaigns for a candidate, but he is quite comfortable with the old GOPe guard in place.

It would be more difficult to campaign against incumbent GOPe embeds. It would also take more principle to support opponents to incumbents. And that is where Cruz shows his colors. He supports the GOPe by maintaining the status quo for the GOPe incumbents. .

• Doodahdaze says:

He may be, might be, could be….a politician.

politician:
                a person who acts in a manipulative and devious way, typically to gain advancement within an organization. (Here the organization is the GOP) I don’t bother with the e anymore.

Nahhh, he would never do that.

• Minnie Pearl says:

Some thoughts: We watched what happened in 2012. It wasn’t, as alleged, that evangelical Christians didn’t turn out to vote for Mormon Mitt; they came out consistent with past elections. Closer to the truth was that Newt supporters were so bitter over the outcome of the circular firing squad that no way were they going to support the last man barely standing. Santorum supporters were a bit more forgiving because the primary season for their candidate didn’t get as nasty and personal. So, we lost again. Mitt wasn’t my first or second choice but a better choice than what we got. Now, once again, the animosity toward whomever competes with one’s desired candidate will likely be our doom. If more people would build up their favored candidates than berate and slander their opponents we might actually win an election. You might not agree, but every one of the repub candidates are better than Hillary. None are criminals; most are decent, yet imperfect, people. Just beware that, in the competitive process, you don’t lose objectivity and, worse, become less than honest. I get that this is a Trump forum. I don’t like when his record and words are twisted either. Thanks for allowing me to comment.

15. CrankyinAZ says:

That is awesome… just awesome.

16. optingout says:

Like so many others, I noticed the white-haired gentleman first sitting solemnly, then smiling, then standing and applauding. I had no idea who he was but he didn’t look like just another interested voter. Whether he reached out and contacted Trump or whether Trump contacted him is irrelevant. I fully realize the array of forces against any real change in this anarcho-tyranny, and I have no false hopes that any one man can get us out of the coming storm. But still, just to know he’s so well aware of his enemies and their tactics is so incredibly heartening. There’s still a long way to go and formidable obstacles to overcome, but I’m actually beginning to feel the faintest stirrings of hope, along with my rage and despair.

17. sundance says:

Keep in mind the back story connection between Cruz and McDaniel, and what Senator Cruz does when he’s busted being part of the political machine.

Cruz is smart when it comes to covering his ass. Much smarter than most give him credit for.

In order to avoid the NRSC issue from 2014 being a problem for him in 2016/2016 Cruz needed McDaniel optics to look good. Cruz needed McDaniel WAY MORE than McDaniel needed Cruz.

McDaniel carried MASSIVE leverage because he knew Cruz needed those optics to cover his ass. McDaniel’s political coffers are flush with Cruz cash as a result of that leverage.

Ted Cruz did Chris McDaniel wrong. McDaniel played that leverage perfectly, and actually I don’t blame him. McDaniel carries an atomic sledgehammer that can wipe out Cruz with a single hit.

On the opposite end of that spectrum, nobody has anything on Trump. There’s no leverage that Trump has to worry about.

That independence is a mighty good feeling when things get ugly, and tough decisions are being made.

18. lovely says:

Robert Costa claims to have the script for one of Trump’s first commercials do to air tomorrow.

19. Suzanne says:

OMG someone over at Roll Call wrote an article stating the GOPe’s plan is now a brokered convention and their choice will be RHINO-traitor-sellout Paul Ryan most recently of omnibus fame… if Trump doesn’t win we are so screwed

• Martin says:

Trump WILL win.

• Boudica says:

If they cheat him out of the nomination can’t he still run 3rd party??

• AdamSelene says:

When people talk about the GOPe cheating Trump out of the nom I think of the scene in 300 where Leonidas is getting ready to go parlay with Xerxes, his men are wary of an assassination and he says “pray they’re that stupid.” If Trump has 40%+ of the vote while everybody else is in the teens or less and they cheat him, it will be completely obvious to absolutely everyone that the fix is in, there is no democracy, will of the people be d-mned. We will then gleefully burn the GOP to the ground and establish a new, non-bought, conservative party, and nothing of value will be lost. Pray the GOPe is that stupid. Pray we are that lucky.

• Doodahdaze says:

20. Thank you Sundance for this great story. The insight!

21. furtiveadmirer says:

Sirius Breitbart Sunday predicts Trump takes Iowa

Melissa Fields on the ground in Iowa reports that most have made up their minds

22. David Emery says:

Yet another way to keep Trump off the ticket is the fact that the ONLY people who will be allowed to vote for him in the primaries in most states will be registered Republicans. If you are an independent then in most states you can’t vote to put Trump on the ticket!!! Please go on line and confirm – change your affiliation to Republican. Pissed off Democrats, that means you as well.
    GO TRUMP 2016. Lets take America back from the crooks and the communists.

23. Betty Stone says:

Does this mean the GOP will beat Donald Trump from being the nominee? If the answer is yes. What can be done to mess up the GOP’s plan. This is so disheartens. The people should have the say. Everything is so corrupt. It hurts to sit back see what’s happening to our GREAT Nation.

24. Breaking News: Obama Orders Hammond Ranch Destroyed! WHY ISNT THE MEDIA COVERING THIS STORY …. THERE ARE GOING TO BE ALOT OF DEAD PEOPLE HERE ON BOTH SIDES .. IS OBAMA TRYING TO SWEEP THIS UNDER THE RUG ? THIS IS FUCKED UP ..HOW HE IS HANDLING THIS …. I THINK TRUMP CAN SETTLE THIS IN 5 HOURS !!!!

25. Boudica says:

You so made me laugh at the beginning of this article sundance:))) The man is a genius to be sure:)) He’s 10 steps ahead and no lookin over his shoulder:) I love it when he says, “Watch Out”. You know something’s comin’:))

26. Boudica says:

I noticed that guy, mostly because he acted like he didn’t know if he was allowed to clap or not and the woman sitting next to him looked like she would prefer he did not and she certainly did not. Now I have to go look at it again……..brilliant as usual Sundance:)

27. Boudica says:

I think I need to take that back….watching it again they were both very much into Trump’s speech. I think when I noticed the reluctance and the wife not seeming to be into it…they must have been exhausted from all their clapping previously. Man they are into him!!

28. TruthToPower says:

People who know what is really going on – we see Trump signaling to us constantly. He stays in the populist/moderate stance most of the time but every once in a while he signals to the alt right. The base wont pick up on it, but we do. I have seen him do this many times during this campaign.

Trump knows what is going on and I mean at a deep level. The man is a genius and he has got these traitors on the run.

29. Truthfilter says:

I thought I saw Thad Cochran at the Biloxi rally. He was seated in the first section behind Trump, at the top row of the first section at the very far right. He and his wife sat among some other stately looking couples who weren’t enthusiastic at all. Did anybody else see somebody who looked like Cochran?

30. Doodahdaze says:

Good Grief! They are beyond pathetic. Now that they ave fully funded and are accomplices of everything Obama does this year the GOP has the nerve to try and pull this crap off. Is anyone stupid enough to buy it? Ryno thinks they are. Maybe they are. What a Dog and Pony Show.

31. thom gillespie says:

Trumps crowds are about 20% of what Bernie has been drawing. In the general election Trump is already toasted:

• BigMamaTEA says:

Uh, WRONG, thom. That article doesn’t even talk about Trump, it talks about the Hilldabeast.
      Btw, why is Bernie only holding rallies in uber-lib cities?

• thom gillespie says:

How dumb are you? The title is: 100,000 people have come to recent Bernie Sanders rallies. How does he do it?

Both Hillary and Bernie outdraw Trump form sea to shining sea.

Betting money doesn’t even think who runs even matters. The Dems win and The Repubs lose:

2016 US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION – PARTY TO WIN 2016 U.S. ELECTION
        Odds as of December 28 at Bovada
        Democratic Party -145
        Republican Party +115

32. Brandy Baron says:

#Trump is always on top of his opponents… especially the #GOPe. That’s what makes him their worst nightmare. GO TRUMP!!!! #MakeAmericaGreatAgain #Trump2016

33. I’m so happy to have found theconservativetreehouse.com. What an education! Thank-you! In fact, I believe I found it from reading a comment on Brietbart. A link was posted and I followed. Amazing reporting. Amazing people commenting! Trump 2016!

34. CountryClassVulgarian says:

For a “carnival barker”, “clown”, “entertainer”, Trump continues to display remarkable political savvy.

35. ncrdbl1 says:

8 state rule may come back and bite the establishment in the ass. No doubt that Trump will win 8 states. The only question is can any other candidate win 8 states? Problem is that we cannot trust the establishment. We do not trust the establishment in Mississippi and have our own facebook page. Clean House at MSGOP

36. Josie says:

This tells us that the GOP will do anything that benefits their standing while dismissing WE THE PEOPLE our Constitution and what’s best for this country. Well done to who ever is in charge of the TRUMP campaign. It is this thumb in the eye attitude that is needed with someone that is not afraid to do it. TRUMP 2016! Where can I get a bumper sticker showing the Lion Trump – Elephant/Donkey?

37. Rose Carter says:

Mr. Trump has this , will be nominated, and then save our great country from falling off a cliff. Saw a reference to the older folks with their guns and rigid opinions. these are the very folks who see the Donalds value and will vote him into office! And yes, we do hold strong opinions, are inflexible, and even more guns than we did when this became an issue. Mr. Trump you have and will carry the Deep South! We have great faith in you as the man who will save our great country!

38. William says:

Mr. Trump’s fate and that of America’s are now inextricably bound. He is now fully committed to the enterprise of halting and reversing the country’s decline. Failure, or rather subversion, is an existential potentiality being foisted with malice upon him, and ultimately upon us. Consequently, he will fight like hell against our shared adversaries, and we ought to do the same. The impregnated Republican Party carries not a fetus but a cadaverous barnacle. Abort it if it is to restore the Party.

39. Absolutely brilliant article. Where has the Conservative Tree House been all my life?

40. Pingback: The Atheist Conservative: » The GOP – thwarted and vengeful?