I’m Going To Say Something Nice about Jeb Bush….

…. at least he is a real bona fide candidate.  Regardless of how fraught with inherent deception Jeb Bush’s intent and purposes for seeking the GOP nomination, he is in fact a real candidate; with, factual action taking place on the ground to support his efforts.

Like Donald Trump, Jeb Bush is structurally in the race -with infrastructure- trying to win it. The other multiple candidates, not so much; actually, not even close.

trump vs bush

Spurred by our discovery of the internal Republican National Committee efforts to engage with State Republican party apparatus, vis-á-vis “ongoing rule changes“, numerous boots on the ground have begun reporting the absence of candidate activity amid various (Pre-March 16th) primary states.

Multiple calls to local and state Republican party leadership originally intended to find out when they were going to make decisions on proportional rules for delegate distribution, have accidentally identified another aspect  (it’s Déjà vu to the pre-primary spring ’14 all over again).

Similar to the early political indicators we identified in the period of October ’13 through May ’14, which eventually led to the discovery of the larger GOPe road map, there are events which -if they were transpiring- would indicate who has the best opportunity for success in the 2016 primary race.

Put another way, if a candidate was genuine, there are specific actions needed now in order for that candidate to be reasonably considered ‘making-an-earnest-effort’.  Absent of those actions, the motivation is transparently somewhat “less than” making a real bid to attain the GOP nomination.

A great example is Virginia (again hat-tip to boots on ground) where any candidate must gather 5,000 signatures from ‘registered republican voters’, and include 200 signatures from each of the 11 congressional districts (also registered republican voters), along with the application fees, to be considered a candidate.  All of this must be accomplished by December.

Only two candidates, Jeb Bush and Donald Trump, have efforts underway to qualify there.  No Ted Cruz, no Marco Rubio, no Carly Fiorina, not even Jim Gilmore (former gov) is making a visible effort.  You make up your own mind what that implies, but the reality doesn’t change.

Same thing, same non-players, going on in Illinois, Wisconsin and Florida.

FIRST FOUR – Iowa and New Hampshire is less predictive of campaign intent because all candidates HAVE TO make an impression to keep up appearances.   However, even there, the real action is only within Team Trump and Team Jeb with Carson, Cruz and Fiorina doing the next closest effort.

South Carolina is easy-peasy because all it takes is a registration form, filing fee and voila’ name on ballot.  Nevada (caucus) state is more similar to Iowa, and again similar activity.

However, once you go beyond those February race states, that’s when things really shrink.  Calling around the various states election offices and republican party offices you find there’s little to no effort except for Jeb Bush and Donald Trump campaigns.

Understanding the GOPe road map, and understanding the RNC/GOPe have -for the past two years- planned for Jeb –and only Jeb– you begin to get a picture of why Donald Trump focuses almost exclusively on Jeb Bush.  Quite simply, and factually, no-one else is extending their efforts beyond those February States.

Initially a supporter of someone other than Jeb or Trump might say: “well the campaign is getting around to it later”; except the “later” part is rapidly running out of time.

Taking the Thanksgiving holidays into account, there’s only about five or six full weeks left to do the ground work and get your nominee on the ballot in multiple states.

Winning in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina or Nevada doesn’t mean squat if the candidate isn’t eligible for North Carolina, Ohio, Illinois, Virginia, Texas etc. and few candidates, well, actually only Trump and Bush, have active efforts underway in every state to meet the qualification efforts for ballot placement.

GOP candidates 2 mashup

Summary – To those who support someone other than Jeb Bush or Donald Trump, you might want to call the campaign office and kick a boot up their butt.  Of course, that assumes there’s a candidate motivation that could actually be enhanced by such boot placement…..

….I’m not so certain such motivation exists for many of them.

♦  Reference and Resources – (links to internal MSM references are contained within prior outlines): RNC Rule Changes   RNC Rule Battles

1. Following The Money
  2. The GOPe Roadmap
  3. ♦ The Roles of The Players – “The Splitters
  4. ♦ How each candidate is aligned in the Roadmap
  5. ♦ Arrow #1 Trump Hits The Super-PACs – The GOPe Achilles Heel
  6. ♦ Arrow #2 Trump Hits Bush – Inside The Wall Street Fortress
  7. ♦ Arrow #3 Trump Cuts Off Rubio/Bush switch – The GOPe Switch
  8. ♦ The Rick Perry Tripwire Exposed – DC Super-Pac
  9. ♦ Jeb Bush Super-Pac Will immediately spend $10 Million
  10. ♦ Proving there is only one political party in Washington DC
  11. ♦ Why Support Trump – Part One (The GOPe Ruse)
  12. ♦ Why Support Trump – Part Two (Stop being played)
  13. ♦ Why Support Trump – Part Three (Intellectual Details)
  14. ♦ How To Defeat the GOPe Road Map
  15. ♦ Current Polling Exposes – the Ohio, Florida, Texas, Virginia, New York Splitters
  16. ♦ Florida Polling Exposes – Donald Trump defeating Jeb’s Florida Strategy
  17. ♦ Rush Limbaugh Discusses/AffirmsThe “splitter strategy”
  18. ♦ The Biden Paradox – Trump Winning Means Clinton Must Be Removed
  19. ♦ Salem Media Communications (GOPe Media Arm) Launches Attack
  20. ♦ Open Letter To GOPe – The Conservative Frustration
  21. ♦ Why The GOPe Will Never Stop Attacking Donald Trump
This entry was posted in Decepticons, Donald Trump, Election 2016, Jeb Bush, media bias, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda. Bookmark the permalink.

235 Responses to I’m Going To Say Something Nice about Jeb Bush….

1. Praxeology says:

Someone must have gotten to you. Were you offered a big check or was you family threatened. I guess everyone has their price, so much for Liberty.

2. starfcker says:

SD, don’t go hunting with dick cheney.

3. Jtomka says:

Wow. Thanks for the insight. Trump 2016 for me!

4. amjean says:

I am NOT going to say something nice about Jeb Bush;
    I can’t think of anything.

5. s.c. says:

he does have nice apple-cheeks (notice I didn’t say which cheeks).

6. jackntx says:

Thanks for your coverage as always, sundance et al. You guys are wonderful!

Do you guys know if there is any drop dead date when these “ongoing rule changes” can’t be made anymore? Or do we have to worry about rule changes all the way up to election day (or perhaps even past election day) in various states?

7. I’m surprised these two bozos are even still in the running. Thank God they won’t be for long. To me it just proves the apathy and disgust at the incompent fools every last one of them daring to aim for our highest office when not a one of them are competent, I’m sticking with principles and the good of America AGAIN this year and WRITING IN SARAH PALIN AGAIN and don’t even begin to pull that bull we have to vote for the creeps running. Ain’t happening baby. Don’t know about the rest of you but I’m responsible before God and I am NOT voting rino evil over demoncrap evil ever.

8. John Galt says:

Maybe the Uniparty decided to go all in on Hillary.

• jello333 says:

Could very easily happen. I think BOTH parties have her and Bush as their 1st and 2nd choices, just in reverse orders. What NEITHER party wants is Trump or Sanders. I know there are many differences between those two, but it’s the few similarities and precedence-setting potential that has both parties scared and scrambling. But if I was to pick one, I think the UniParty is far more scared of Trump than they are Sanders. Because I can imagine Bernie being willing to make certain deals to “get along” if need be… Donald, not so much.

9. sundance says:

• Meyer says:

Typical Wall Street mentality, sit on millions while you cut the salary of people working for you. If the staffers have an ounce of human dignity left, they will be dropping out of the campaign like flies.

• jello333 says:

Now the following statement is assuming I had the personal finances to do it (which I currently DON’T) but…

If I were to ever run for office, and at some point in the campaign realized we were running short of money, I would find SOME way to keep on paying my staff, even if it came out of my own pocket, even if I had to mortgage my house or whatever. If these people care enough about me, are loyal enough to drop whatever they were doing and spend their every waking hour trying to help ME… well, I’d feel like I owed them, big time.

• getfitnow says:

Wasn’t that the first sign Gov Perry was in trouble – slashed or no salaries?

• Kauf Buch says:

Buh-bye, !Cheb!.

I’d say…60 days and counting…down.

• JAS says:

With the millions they are spending with ZERO results this is not a surprise. It just points to the fact that Jeb and his GOPe cadre cannot manage money, just like all the rest of the politicos. Exactly why our country is in the shape it is in. Trump is doing it handily and that is good news for our country should he get elected.

To all the bureaucrats out there, if Trump wins, be afraid, very afraid!

• Betty says:

“To all the bureaucrats out there, if Trump wins, be afraid, very afraid!”

That is one of the best reasons for fighting for Donald Trump. I loved it when he was talking about Hillarys State Department losing, what, 2 billion dollars I think and then he pointed to someone in the audience and said something like: See that guy? He knows how to run a business and if there is two dollars missing he’s going to kill someone.

Loved it ! Just one example are the phony academics, the professors, teachers and administrators who are standing astride the flood tide of money we good people try to provide for the education of our young people and just stuff in it their pockets – they should be hung.

• nightmare on k st says:

“Can’t Buy Me Love” Beatles
      “Act Of Love” Jeb

• Chewbarkah says:

Mebbe pay cuts and lay offs are in entirely in order since Bush’s massive spending/bloated staff model isn’t yielding much in the way of voter support. Whether it’s the candidate, the message, strategy, or execution, nothing accelerates the collapse of a bad product like excessive promotion.

10. jello333 says:

“… few candidates, well, actually only Trump and Bush, have active efforts underway in every state to meet the qualification efforts for ballot placement.”

Maybe that is part of the plan…. well, the updated plan that is. Now that things haven’t gone as they had hoped, now that Trump is running away with it, maybe it’s on to something else. Maybe the hope now is that if ALL the others dropped out, then ALL of their supporters would then go to Bush. Which, of course, is pretty much the only way they come close to catching up with Donald.

So… maybe they think their best shot now is one-on-one, Bush vs Trump?

• sundance says:

Good point Jello.

• sunspots7 says:

SD – my questions is like jello333’s. I’m in VA. My GOP unit chair is trying to get signatures for all candidates as he was instructed (I wouldn’t accuse him of being aware of any eGOP scheme – he is simply a good soldier). I’ve seen a Trump campaign contractor out getting signatures, and a young man has been visiting GOP meetings and collecting for …wait for it…. Lindsay Graham.

I thought maybe Gilmore would be trying to get on the ballet in VA since he is somewhat known here, and then give is delegate to Bush. But I haven’t heard of any effort going on for him or Bush for that matter.

If the candidates aren’t trying to get on the ballots, how can they donate their delegates to !Yeb? What is the new plan? Maybe the RNC will ensure somehow that candidates get on ballots in states where they can get a few delegates, and don’t bother with the rest of the states? A curious situation.

• i think it’s time we start looking at THE TRUMP PLAN. JebMap is now a pipedream. He’s cursed and he is not going to get the nomination. No one wants him and the little bit who does is not enough and never was the day Trump entered the race and started surging.

Time to start looking at OUR PLAN. I’m not saying we are out of the woods yet, but if we continue on doing what we need to do and Trump continues on doing what he and his campaign staff need to do is all that matters.

So what’s OUR next step? Let’s hear about the TrumpMap to the white house!

• jello333 says:

One thing Donald is gonna need to do more of, if he ever hopes to dispel this “he hates Hispanics” garbage. He needs to make it explicitly clear that when he mentions “the wall” and stuff, that he’s talking about ONLY “illegals”. And further, that it’s not even ALL “illegals” he’s worried about. That he’d be happy to see some of them become citizens, because some of them ARE decent, hard-working people. I know he has already done a bit of that, trying to differentiate, but he’s probably gonna have to be even clearer in the future.

(Oh, and one thing he better NOT do… he better never start to grovel (the way Bernie has) to the BLM scumbags.)

• kallibella says:

My thoughts exactly!

• Cameraman says:

The Economist/YouGov Poll. October 8 – 12, 2015
      Jeb Bush vs Donald Trump
      If an election for the Republican nomination for president was going to be held now and the only candidates were Jeb Bush and Donald Trump, would you vote for…

Jeb Bush 41%
      Donald Trump 59%

Click to access econTabReport.pdf

Page 69.

• pumpernickel says:

That would make sense. Forget the splitter strategy and go for broke – Jeb versus Trump, especially where the party faithful might be swayed to stick with Jeb.

I guess the splitters still need to stay in for the time being, though, because they are still valuable attack dogs, both in the debates and in the media. In fact, they become better attack dogs since they don’t have to worry about being viable.

• margarite1 says:

Wasn’t that the plan all along? The other candidates eventually defer to Jeb? Except for the delegate shenanigans the GOPe is likely to pull I’d think that Trump is a full on no brainer winner.

• jello333 says:

Yeah, “eventually” as in after the primaries got going. But I’m thinking maybe they’re considering giving up on that, and going with Plan B…. make sure all the primaries, right from the start, are ONLY Bush and Trump.

• shiloh1973 says:

Not just the supporters, but the money.

• ZurichMike says:

But are you assuming that 100% of the votes of the “others” will go to Bush? If memory serves, Trump also has the highest percentage to the question “who would you pick if your candidate is not in the race” question.

• coltlending says:

I don’t think you see the primary follow thru because they were AstroTurf candidates.

Trump was never expected to be a player.

I don’t see it as an updated plan. They’re too arrogant to believe Trump can beat them with all their resources.

But he has and he will.

11. TwoLaine says:

Stunning! This should be a question at the next faux GOPe debate.

12. kallibella says:

That is very revealing indeed! I had no idea of how things operated in the various states. This election is the first time I’ve gotten excited about a candidate and is the first time I’ve become aware of the establishment’s game of dancing chairs.
    Having said that GO TRUMP!!!!!!!!

• jello333 says:

The first time I realized that major parties were more than willing to try to destroy their own, even if it’s the front-runner, was with Howard Dean and the Dems.

• kallibella says:

Cannibals comes to mind, but it is too nice a word for these schemers.

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

That was the first time for me as well jello, I couldn’t understand for a while what I was seeing.
        But having been through that, and all the Morning Joe episodes I sat through trying to put things in perspective, certainly prepared me for what we are watching unfold in front of us these days.

• Lee says:

When Dick Armey was head of the RP in Texas, he would regularly run candidates against Ron Paul, who was in a safe district, and this was supposed to be a big no-no in GOP politics. So when he signed up for Freedomworks, I thought, “I’ll pass. I’ve seen this guy before, and didn’t like it”.

13. jackphatz says:

Jeb’s not doing anything but allowing other people to do for him. He is not out there asking people to sign his petition.

So even Carson and Cruz are working for Jeb? I can see that out of Carson but Cruz will be a shocker, kinda sorta, maybe not.

• kallibella says:

I would have thought that Cruz would be working on getting on ballots. I am kinda shocked he is not at this point….Wow.

• jello333 says:

At first I thought Cruz was gonna eventually throw his support to Trump. Now?… hmm…

• kallibella says:

Agree. But now I think he is in this game as a place-holder….Well, he is politician, though.

• avogadra says:

Cruz supporting Trump would still mean Cruz might not be careful to get on every ballot.

Here’s an observation which may or may not be significant: I gave several $100 donations to Cruz before Trump entered the race. I would get endless phone calls asking me to give more. Then I told them I was now supporting Donald Trump and the phone calls completely stopped. Make of that what you will.

• kvoorhees4 says:

Carson is a cipher to me. I think Cruz is in it to raise his profile. Same with Bernie Sanders, who is not really running for the Democratic nomination. They’ll get book deals, speaking fees. If a Democrat wins in 2016, Cruz would have some name recognition to run in 2020.

I’m not crazy about them taking small donations from regular folks, though, Thats kind of a scam.

14. ediegrey says:

Does this include the ever challenging Ben Carson?? I just do not trust this man any more. Guess I like the Donald too much.

• John Galt says:

How high would Ben Carson poll if he were white?

• jello333 says:

Probably about where Obama would have in ’08… half or less.

• JeremyR says:

He would be a Whodat. The only reason he has recognition is because he was rolled out as a black conservative to counter Barry in 2013

• ThankYou,Treepers says:

That was my sense of Carson from when he first gained visibility in the political sphere with his 2013 Prayer Breakfast criticism of Obama. Because he’s a dull, uninspiring speaker, I continued to think that way until last month.

Then last month he became the first Presidential candidate since the treasonous murder cult islam became politically relevant here 9/11 to speak frankly about the cult’s sharia supremacy and taqiya deception tenets.

So now he’s the first presidential candidate since 9/11 to gain the trust of those in the counter-jihad movement, they being the Americans most sophisticated about the islam threat.

He has substance having shown both courage and unique insight on the most critical issue and thus has a key component of the electorate eager to vote for him.

• margarite1 says:

I am glad you said that. Carson may be a quiet speaker – but does that matter…or SHOULD it matter? He was honest enough to say that Islam and the Constitution do not mix. I like him and think he deserves a spot in the Trump administration. I suspect the witch fears running against Trump – and for good reason. Carson or Cruz as VP would be fine with me.

The biggest threat to my 6 year old niece’s life is Islam. That and abortion are my issues.

• JeremyR says:

I wouldn’t say unique insight, but certainly the courage to speak truth to power. The politicians in Washington are afraid to call the snake a snake. It still disgusts me that W called it the religion of peace.

• mcfyre2012 says:

No higher than 1%…if he were even allowed to run at all as a republican.

• rodney says:

Here’s a real show stopper from Carson.

Top Carson Aide Wants Taxpayers To Fund Farrakhan.

WTH is going on with this guy? Seriously folks giving a radical Muslim who is trying to promote a race war public money?

Is Carson some sort of closet black radical.

15. oldschool64 says:

I do find it interesting that Gilmore and to a lesser extent Fiorina haven’t begun acquiring these signatures. They need to get on the ballot to serve as splitters for Yeb. I sort of have to believe that the GOPe has everything in place for these 2 to ultimately have the signatures.

16. Rick says:

I’m thinking that the only place the BIG MONEY of the GOPe can go at this stage is Yeb or Lil’ Rubes! Trump is so right on with his thought process. I recall when he said several weeks back that the real “love” between Yeb and Lil’ Rubes is really a stick fight for the Big Money and that both of them would eventually go rogue on one another. Trump was correct. Trump is smart and realizes while Yeb is still in single digits, Operation Hummingbird was designed all for him.

No wonder why the guy doesn’t seem too worried or hasn’t upped his level of energy. Once Yeb knocks out Snarley and Lil’ Rubes another 10-12% goes his way and now you get the Rove’s of the World talking about Yeb SURGING into the low 20’s…..I see Trump not wanting to pick a fight with Carson, unless Carson is forced to go rogue by the GOPe. However, that may be their PLAN C….Initially, they tried to let the MSM discredit Trump, that didn’t work. Then, each guy like Paul, Walker, Perry, Jindal, Snarley, Pataki etc…have tried to snipe at Donald. NO GO!…

Lil’ Rubes stepped it up against the Trumpster and he got slapped him down with the Water boy and “Lightweight” shot by Trump which I believe have hurt him. Rubes is now gone kind of quiet. So Donald picks up the attack and raise doubt about George W’s leadership….serves two purposes. Maybe Jeb loses control and says something stupid or Trump get’s in his head and messes up his delivery. (I think that already happened in speech that Yeb was talking incoherently about a shuttle disaster) Second, it coalesces a lot of Dem’s around Trump who agree that George W was inept in their minds.

Finally, I think we really need to keep our eye on Lil’ Rubes and Yeb. I just can’t see that he would knock out Yeb! So, in my mind Trump sees Yeb as the harder puncher…Lil’ Rubes is an easier knockout for Trump. Of course, Trump needs to deliver a solid debate performance throughout the early primaries. I feel that if he really bones up now on policy and makes sound, safe statements at the debates, no one will be able to take him out.

TRUMP 2016

17. Praxeology says:

So are these other candidates running for Vice President or for books sells? We know why Mrs, Fiorina is in the race. Obviously, there is a lot of money to be made running for president.

18. Clyde says:

If the splitter candidates don’t actually get on the ballots in their assigned states, won’t that make it impossible to implement the splitter strategy?

• Plain Jane says:

I think most republicans have made up their minds already. Am thinking that before Trump gets more opportunity to show the world the worse of Jebbie, the GOPe will want to pull the other candidates and have them ally with Jebbie – throw their support to him. Once people are allied, it’s difficult to get them to change their minds. With such a fast and furious campaign, GOPe will want this sooner than later – before Trump’s book comes out. Larry Kudlow loves The Donald’s tax plan. Before Donald put out his tax plan, I couldn’t listen to Kudlow, because he sounded very anti-Trump.

• shiloh1973 says:

My best guess is the GOPe will keep the splitters until the next debate. They need them to throw more nasties at Trump. After that they will become a liability and have to go.

• Meyer says:

“Throw nasties” – agree!

During the last debate, it seemed the candidates were intentionally throwing the mic. I plan on keeping track of the throws in the October 28th debate. I will report back any perceived trends.

• nightmare on k st says:

Bluffing, like in cards, raise,raise and when Trump calls, have to fold, know when to hold ’em and know when to fold ’em, splitter strategy can not work if Trump at 30% and Bush at 10%, actually better if GOPE’S drop out so Jeb gets their votes

19. 300 says:

I find it fascinating watching this election cycle. I have been politically engaged for about the last 20 years but this time is different. With all the back room dealings being exposed it’s really refreshing seeing all of this sanitized with sunlight.

20. boutis says:

No candidate who is not trying in good faith to get on every single state ballot should be on that debate stage. They are wastes of space, time, and attention. And it is very obvious (to me at least) that not only were most of them splitters, time wasters, and resource sucks to divert the citizenry and provide a circus and diversion for the media, the plan was for most of them not even to be on the blooming ballot so Bush could just waltz in to the nomination by default. They are there to herd the voters to Bush III for the eGOP and globalists. Bunch of frauds.

21. onsu says:

A Bush supporter friend of mine (yup, there was one left) sent me this e-mail with the message “Trumps first ad – pretty cool”. I don’t know if it really is an ad from his campaign, my friend is in their 80s, but it is still worth a view.

22. mariclaire81 says:

I tweeted this article & one person assumed I was supporting Bush so she tweeted negative things about Bush. Trump retweeted her comments. Now everyone is bashing me. No one read the article. Now they just assume I support Bush. Notifications are going crazy. Everyone calling me every name in the book. Oh well.

23. ron hyatt says:

I’m going to say something. I will not vote for JEB Bush. Period. Good luck GOPe.

24. Arkindole says:

I’m glad you went over this SD; specifically the infrastructure issues.

Earlier today I almost went ballistic with this weenie and his article at NPR:

He is obviously playing the party role, but to blatantly challenge Trump on the basis of is “lack of infrastructure” is beyond believable.

The problem is that NPR has a huge listening and reading audience and these lies get propagated fairly easily by…how should I say this…people our age…

I’m relieved as hell to hear your “on the ground” info.

25. auscitizenmom says:

Thanks for the info, Sundance. Very interesting. I am curious what shows up next.

26. I had the chance to meet Jeb recently & he was very nice. I don’t dislike him on a personal level, I just don’t want him to be President.

27. NVA Patriot says:

FYI – Cruz does have a campaign for signatures in Virginia. It was working the right venues to get the needed signatures. I know, I signed a petition for the 10th congressional district.

I also know Cruz hired a few (3-4) peeps to get signatures. Funding then stopped and one of the few were transplanted to Iowa (one of the best who would be ‘pitch perfect’ for Iowa ops).

So hi activity through 1st week in Oct followed by a stop in funding and re-focused effort in Iowa. I also know that Cruz’s data operation are using SW that has not been used in a national, US campaign. They brag about their data operations. I have a modest amount of insight to these things. I do not believe the Cruz campaign and their data operations statements.

There are few GOTV programs that can manage a national campaign. The Dems have 1. Can’t use that one. There’s i360, currently in use in VA for our state Sen and other local races. This is a ‘live’ test for 2016. The other is rVotes built by the same developer team that built the Dem tool The last is Voter Gravity which has capability but has real weaknesses compared to i360 (GOPe tool) and rVotes.

So short version, Cruz campaign probably needs to score well in IA and NH to remain viable. I think they will qualify for VA, barely.

For reasons particular to VA, the GOPe is STRONGLY incentivized to make sure everyone who’s close is pulled across the line for primary qualification. For history just look back at 2012 and the issue of VA ‘slating.’ Trust me, GOPe will tread lightly on qualifying peeps. As I write, there are GOPe peeps who cannot travel alone in 2/3 of VA congressional districts due to slating. Slating was Team Cantor’s tyrannical attempt to crush the TEA Parties and independent conservatives in VA. Slating more than any other issue is why Cantor lost. The slating effort created the hidden, below the radar, anti-Cantor army that pulled Dave Brat across the line.

28. dizzymissl says:

29. Beware! While you’re focused on Trump/Jeb/Carson, there’s something else happening on the ground. Kasich is quietly but steadily building his ground game across the country. For Example:

FORMER VIRGINIA CONGRESSMAN AND NRCC CHAIR TOM DAVIS, DELEGATES GLENN DAVIS, CHRIS PEACE AND RON VILLANUEVA, STATE SENATOR EMMETT HANGER, AND FORMER SENATOR AND HOUSE MAJORITY WHIP JEANNEMARIE DEVOLITES DAVIS THINK JOHN KASICH SHOULD BE PRESIDENT

Tom Davis to serve as Virginia Honorary Chair of Kasich for America
    Delegates Glenn Davis, Peace, Villanueva, and Senator Hanger to serve as Virginia State Co-Chairs
    Devolites Davis to serve on Leadership Team

Today former Congressman Tom Davis, Virginia Delegates Glenn Davis, Chris Peace, and Ron Villanueva, Virginia State Senator Emmett Hanger, and former Senator and House Majority Whip Jeannemarie Devolites Davis endorsed Ohio Governor John Kasich for President. Tom Davis will now serve as Virginia State Honorary Chair of Kasich for America, Delegates Davis, Peace, Villanueva, and Senator Hanger will serve as State Co-Chairs, and former Senator Devolites Davis will join the Virginia Leadership Team

and—

Just as a way to educate folks about how powerful a Gov can be if he/she is “creative”, Gov. Kasich has basically ZERO funded Planned parenthood in his state. He did it by moving them to the bottom of the list of women’s clinics in Ohio that receive government funding. Guess what, the Government funding gets spent before the money makes it to the organizations that are at the end of the list…too bad, so sad!

While the Gov isn’t high in the polls now, he is working behind he scenes to amass support.

Keep a close eye on him. He’s a seasoned campaigner. Could be the GOPe sees him as Jeb’s replacement. The establishment loves him.

• joshua says:

but…he doesn’t know when to shut up.

• NVA Patriot says:

Please know, anything Davis touches in VA is the kiss of death. He is GOPe in VA the way Bush is in the country. Davis was part of the slating exercise in VA which cost Cantor his seat.

• NVA Patriot says:

PS – I doubt enough r’s will sign for Kasich to get him in. from Richmond to the western tip of VA and the boundary of NC, GOPe is despised. It’s sparsely populated compared to NVA. Hard to get 200 qualified signatures when you are hated.

• sunspots7 says:

Well that was a nice little advertisement you gave for Kasich. Sounds like you are a fan (or a plant)..

I’m in VA and there is zero support for Kasich. I’ve neither seen nor heard anything at all so “Kasich is quietly but steadily building” nothing. The districts of the handful of not-that-influential delegates and senator are far too conservative to go for a Uniparty Kasich.

• jeans2nd says:

Kasich is not even campaigning in his own state of Ohio. Rubio is all over Ohio – just yesterday he was here again. Kasich just recently went around the state legislature – again – to enact Obama’s EPA rules. He did the same to expand Medicaid under Obamacare. His recent comments over his cuts for Soc Security – “Get over it” (CNN). There is so much more. Kasich won his 2014 election b/c his Dem opponent was very much (deliberately?) flawed. Does that not make you wonder? “And no one LIKES him.” Nope. Not even in Ohio. “Keep a close eye on him.” We have been, those of us who live here, for a long time. You may count on it.

30. ImpeachEmAll says:

Just when you think voters are becoming aware of
    the GOPe; some prove themselves politically blind.

Cruz runs away with first-ever conservative activist caucus, Carson second

31. Piper says:

Woo-hoo! Just checked in on Trumps twitter, found this:
    Makes me happy!!

32. snaggletooths says:

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz said Donald Trump’s campaign has been “immensely beneficial” to his own campaign but added that his supporters will soon turn to him as they become “more educated.”

I don’t care for cruz at all

33. jeans2nd says:

How is it that the media is not on this? With all their supposed contacts, especially in VA, should they not already know? The story about the blogger who found the Gruber videos was on Fox the next day. And they wonder why no one trusts the media. Gee wiz.

• It might be because the media – i.e. the “conservative media” (Fox) is with the GOPe and they’re not going to ruin their chances a second time if and when Jeb! fails. I strongly believe they think Kasich is their back-up plan.

• Plain Jane says:

I have minuscule political savvy, but try to educate myself but basically run on gut instinct. When Kasich came aboard, I too thought he is their back-up to Jebbie. He gags me more than Jebbie, and that’s a difficult feat. He is a tad smarter than Jebbie. He panders. He’s coyly manipulative of special interest groups. Obama in pale skin.

34. Let’s remember one thing about all theses “spitters”. They (GOPe) were following the old rule of “favorite son”. All you needed was to do well in a your home state or region and you could be a power broker in a brokered convention. Remember Jeb is a terrible candidate and even the GOPe knows this. That is why they fixed the rules. When the GOPe set up the “Roadmap” with the “spitters”, it was hoped that each of theses candidates would do well in certain states and with certain constituents. Thus when needed Jeb could always call in the needed delegates by the splitters dropping out and calling on their delegates to vote for Jeb. But this is all before Trump entered the race. This is where the “favorite son” idea falls apart. In the old days governors were really important in the country. Back before WWII they were more powerful than the President at least in there own state. In the old days a governor could tell a President where he could stick it if he tried to bypass their authority in their own state (that is why the New Deal failed). Obamacare wouldn’t have worked in the old days. But today a governor doesn’t control his state. The EPA and Dept. of Homeland Security are more powerful than a governor. Governors are no more important to people’s lives than a dog catcher. They are only as powerful as the President allows them to be. Obama allows Gov. Brown to be powerful in California while he knocks down any Republican governor like Jane Brewer or Rick Perry. I know the GOPe likes to brag about their governors and how they would be great leaders if elected as President, but they can never gain any real national influence because they can’t even control their own states. A governor needs to develop a national reputation to be really able to run for President. Even the people in there own state recognize this. Bush has the advantage of his family name, while Jindal gets nowhere. Vice Presidents, cabinet members, and Senators are the only ones now a day that can run for President. Even Reagan had the advantage of being a movie star and national spokesperson for G.E. The point is that no matter what the GOPe says a governor isn’t a natural stepping stone to the Presidency. And this is where people like Karl Rove went wrong. All these governors even in their own states will not have an advantage over a candidate with a national reputation and Trump has a big national reputation. So these “splitters” never worked because most of them were governors. Yes, Cruz, Rubio, and Carson have a national reputation but they are no Jeb Bush or Trump. So once Trump entered the campaign it would always be a race between two. Cruz and Rubio, being young, were always running for the 2024 election, and Carson was just ego (everyone kept on saying what a great guy he was) or running for a cabinet office . So there is the problem for the GOPe, Jeb is a terrible candidate and can’t win unless the game is fixed and the “spitters” are worthless now. It is a race between Jeb and Trump. Will a populist candidate win over the party’s chose? Be glad this isn’t a race for the Democratic party nomination, where party control is stronger.

• WoW! What a great summation, astute observation of each candidate, and easy to understand too. Thanks. This is great news because I do believe that Trump can win over the party’s choice Jeb Bush. Jeb has been cursed since he started. Nothing he does works and everything he does backfires on him. For me, those mishaps make it quite clear he is not called to be president and never will be. I mean it’s EVERYTHING he does and everything he tries just backfires on him.

Same with Fiorina who is not even mentioned for obvious reasons she was the token female attack dog for Hillary and splitter for Jeb. It’s easy to see she’s cursed the minute she fulfilled the 2006 prophetically predicted backdrop falling on her on September 27, 2015! That is really too much for me to believe was a coincidence.

• Thank MQMC you are sweet. If only I was as smart as Sd. I know some will argue that governors are still a good stepping stone to the White House and they will point to Billl Clinton. But remember in 1991 and 1992 no nationally known Democrat wanted to run against George Bush a sitting President. So a unique opening was available for Clinton. And then Bush’s polls dropped and Perrot entered the race as a independent populist and the rest was history. You need a national reputation to run for President.

• We each have important pieces of the puzzle, that’s the beauty of ConservativeTreehouse Treepers! And the foundation laid out for us by Sundance.

But for me, everything you said provided me the last missing piece of the puzzle (Jeb will be left standing and it will be between Jeb & Trump, and then what Sundance said about Virginia leads me to believe the others aren’t ready nor serious nor able). And because JebMap has failed and because I see a curse on Jeb (easy to see everything he touches goes bad and/or backfires) which will prevent him from winning. Now i can say with certainty that Trump will win. At least for me, it is very clear.

Now I just need to know what is the TrumpMap to the White House, the specifics he needs for each state and what we all need to do.

Operation TrumpMap to the White House!

• boutis says:

One of the unanticipated problems of using “favorite sons” as splitters is that they are embarrassing their states. It is imperiling their political futures because many of them look like fools? Lindsay Graham? Is he endearing himself to South Carolinians? No. Jindal? Louisiana thinks he looks like a whiny pipsqueak who doesn’t know when to stop. Rubio? No love for him in Florida according to the polls and I don’t see him being an elected anything from Florida in his future. Jeb can’t get bigger crowds that senior citizen centers in Florida. Christie? Please. Cruz is treading on thin ice in Texas if he doesn’t stop with the baloney about Trump supporters coming over to him because he is so wonderful and special. Knock it off Ted. Is being a splitter worth loosing what is left of their elective careers and public potential? I think Walker realized this and dropped out plus he was seemingly working his rear off just so he could pay a bunch of eGOP overpriced scumbag consultants and go backwards in the polls. I still think Fiorina and Carson are doing it to acquire bona fides to be talking heads on television, write trite poli-speak books, and be on the public speaker gravy train as a second career and don’t really want to BE president.

• Radiopatriot says:

Governors STILL have the power, if they choose to exercise it. A governor can defy a federal order if they deem it unconstitutional. How? By challenging the federal government in court. Defying the order. Saying “Sue me.” That action kicks it up to a high court AND a public relations nightmare for the Feds. And if enough governors agree to do it…

The Republican Governors Association (made up of 31 governors currently) can and should band together to defy Obamacare and any other federally mandated burden, and challenge Obama. The fact that they haven’t done so — especially while Chris Christie has been at the helm of the RGA — says much about Christie and about the sitting governors. They DO have an alternative. IF they choose to exercise their constitutional duty as prescribed by the 10th Amndt.

• kallibella says:

Agree. But for whatever reasons most governors have voluntarily surrendered their power and do what is politically expedient and end up playing a game of defense as oppose to offense.

35. Thank you Sundance! This is very key info to know. Thanks for alerting us of this we can keep an eye out for who for sure makes the Virginia filing date and who doesn’t! We can expose them that way too. Interesting Rubio has not even started!

Sundance is right. The candidates don’t have much time, debate coming up on Oct 28, then just a few weeks later the Thanksgiving holiday Thurs, Nov 26. A hectic time, probably turn into a 4 day weekend for many, things slow down, offices close, mail is slower, more family and distractions of general life during holidays. And then the candidates only have until Tues Dec 10, 2015 to file their petition which means they have to have 5,000 signatures from ‘registered republican voters,’ and include 200 signatures from each of the 11 congressional districts (also registered republican voters) to be considered a candidate. All of this must be accomplished by Tues DEC 10th, 2015! Also close to hectic Christmas holidays.

SOURCE: “Deadlines, Duties and Ballot Access Requirements Presidential Primary Election Tuesday, March 1, 2016” State of Virginia: https://elections.virginia.gov/Files/BecomingACandidate/CandidateBulletins/2016PresidentialPrimary-CandidateBulletin.pdf

• R.T. says:

We can keep an eye on Virginia and it will tell us about the other candidates long-term plans. If they’re not making effort for Virginia, then they are NOT serious candidates.

I suspect Kasich might pop up soon with some ground-game, as a back up plan for Jeb.

• Interesting that Snarly is running around bagging on Trump & Carson, but seems to be leaving Rubio alone. I could be wrong because I don’t have a TV, but at least in online media I have only seen her sniffing and snarling around Trump and now Carson.

YIKES! hell hath no furry like a woman SCORNED! last time i saw her she was vitriolic and bitter. she was cursing them for wanting a shorter debate. probably because she knows she won’t get as much time to grandstand and spout her Washington talking points she memorized from her cue cards.

LoL! Snarly’s been TRUMPED again!

and he is enjoying it too cuz he is the one that was influential about letting her in at the big boys table last debate. and what did she do with that opportunity? SLAMMED TRUMP the entire time and didn’t even accept his apology.

i think he found a great way to hit her without hitting her. LOL!

Go Trump!

poor bitter seething snarls!

36. NJF says:

Wow is all I can say. Once again thank you SD, CTH and all fellow treepers!!!!

I can’t wait til Trump starts exposing this carp. You know he’s waiting for the best possible moment!

37. davidfarrar says:

I am not sure this will create as much of a problem as some think for a few other presidential candidates in the 201 race. For Cruz or Carson who seem to have enough supporters in every state to quickly fill those applications out with notarized signatures, in return for a FREE (one-of-a kind) campaign pin, hat, T-shirt, or a yard sign (my favorite). For example, I am sure these applications can be filled out with an Adobe online application app. complete with a notarized signature app.

38. lovely says:

I am going to say something nice about el Chapo he is a bonafide tunnel builder.

39. Juan says:

The fact that only Bush (other than Trump) is actively seeking to be on all ballots is very telling. They all are & have been part of the Rove/GOPe plan to coronate YEB! Problem is they got trumped by Donald. Now it will come down to the weak YEB! vs. Trump who will have momentum in the later primaries. YEB! will be so far down with all the splitters still around he will not be able to gain nearly enough support to remain even an alternative to Trump. It will be all over for him & the GOPe very early when the money totally dries up. The big money won’t stick with such a loser for very long … no matter what Rove schemes.

40. R.T. says:

This is one of the most important articles that has ever been posted here.

It shows — if not proves — Jeb Bush was and is the FOREGONE NOMINEE.

Without Trump, the “race” to the nomination would have been nothing more than window-dressing.

We can speculate what the “M.O.” or “end game” is of the other candidates, but it’s irrelevant. Only Trump has any real plan to win this thing, and his entry into the race has completely throw the entire Establishment rigged game upside down as never before… in history.