Bank of Canada Lowers GDP Forecast Amid Continued Upward GDP for U.S….

A tale of two contrasting sets of economic priorities. The U.S. economy continues to outpace all economic forecasts.  Recently U.S. retail sales, wage growth and housing starts have exceeded all expectations.  Tomorrows announced U.S. GDP growth is positioned to exceed all previous doomsayer predictions from the professional financial back-bench.

However, the economic results in Canada are going in the opposite direction.  The Bank of Canada cut their GDP forecast from 1.7% to 1.2% today.  A forecast drop of half a percent is a massive drop considering the prior rate of growth was meager at best.

Two full years into the advancement of America-First priorities, the international community is now admitting they can only find growth and value in U.S. investments.

(Via Reuters) […] The [Canadian] central bank now expects economic growth in the first half of 2019 to be lower than anticipated in January, when it released its last monetary policy report, due to a slowdown in Canada’s oil sector, the negative impact of global trade policies and a weaker-than-expected housing sector.

It lowered its gross domestic product (GDP) growth forecast for the year to 1.2 percent from 1.7 percent in January, and said it was monitoring the impact of developments in household spending, oil markets and global trade. (read more)

With the slow-bleed continuing we can expect to see Canada quietly putting pressure on their U.S. liberal counterparts to support the USMCA.  Yes, the irony is delicious.  Ms. Freeland will try to stay under the radar while supporting Trump’s trade construct.

Meanwhile, U.S-China trade talks are due to resume next Tuesday, as negotiators USTR Lighthizer and Secretary Mnuchin head to Beijing with wind in their economic sails….

{{snicker}}

This entry was posted in Auto Sector, Big Government, Canada, China, Decepticons, Donald Trump, Economy, European Union, NAFTA, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA, USMCA. Bookmark the permalink.

115 Responses to Bank of Canada Lowers GDP Forecast Amid Continued Upward GDP for U.S….

1. GB Bari says:

With the slow-bleed continuing we can expect to see Canada quietly putting pressure on their U.S. liberal counterparts to support the USMCA. Yes, the irony is delicious. Ms. Freeland will try to stay under the radar while supporting Trump’s trade construct.

How sweet it is.

• AMK says:

Shhhhhhh…..hear that?…..,that’s me LMAO!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑😁😁😁😁😁😁😁……I think you get what I’m sayin!!!!!!!!

• olderwiser21 says:

Honestly, every time I see that woman I want to slap her. By the way, the second angle of that picture with Trump surrounded is even better than the first one. I have never seen it before. Our magnificent El Presidente’….

• MaineCoon says:

POTUS looks like he’s holding court — trade court🤣

• No one could frame that photo better.
        So many levels of influence and implication.

• Marygrace Powers says:

Incredible photo/definitely
          one for the history books.

• GGHD says:

You’re right Marygrace Powers, it is a photo for the History Books. … Hopefully, It might also be the inspiration for a huge Trump statue on top of Mount Rushmore, for replacing the Statute of Liberty, or the future Trump Monument in Washington DC. … Trump with the pose is saying, ~ ‘You’re not going to change my mind.’ ~ ‘No longer are you going to loot the USA.’ ~ ‘It’s >Fair Trade from now on!’
            The picture could appear in a dictionary as an example for Resolute.

• tonyE says:

Not entirely surrounded, he had Bolton and Abe. I figure those two would take care of must.

The only one you’d have to worry is Merkel. She might have her old East German job brass knuckles on her bossom.

• CHenie says:

How sweet it is indeed-Ms Freeland, (who must have her clothes shrink-wrapped on)-Ms Freeland the very same Ms Freeland that LEFT in the middle of an active negotiating session to attend a hate Trump rally, will now get her COLD, crow meal super-sized.

I’m betting she’s either too dumb and/or too arrogant (often the same thing) to realize what’s really going on

• SwampRatTerrier says:

• GB Bari says:

Gleason is exactly the source of the phrase I posted above. He said it often on his show. I can still see and hear him smiling and saying it.

2. GB Bari says:

Who didn’t see THAT coming? 🙂

3. Normally Quiet Observer says:

Looks like Trudope is STILL following along in his mentor’s (Obozzo’s) path! Destroy the democratic style of government, and way you can! Don’t worry “Justine” … Auntie A.M. will see to it you get a nice sleeping bag in the refugee camps! So very sad to see a once great nation sliding into the abyss of Socialism! All because of a bimbo in a too tight dress, and a momma’s boy who collectively know nothing …. but love to strut around like they do!

• Dave Sanderson says:

When not down south we spend about half the year in the Muskoka lakes district of Ontario, Canada. Up there they call Sparklesocks Trudeau “Vanilla Obama” – his ‘policies’ are indistinguishable from Obungler’s, and he’s even less qualified if that’s possible.

Canadians tell me he’s toast in this October’s national election – here’s hoping.

• mopar2016 says:

Canada wasn’t really serious about trade.
      It’s more important to complain about gender justice, climate nonsense and appeasing the Chinese.

• Dee Paul Deje says:

• fred5678 says:

So Canada is killing the poor plants with a tax on their food???

• George says:

The “ carbon tax” is now “ price on pollution “ and it will put more money in people’s pocket .. so a tax that gives you money instead of taking it from you
        Bet Trump can’t do that .. sarc
        Our national mag Maclean’s has her on the cover after the NAFTA talks with the headline “ You are welcome Canada “
        I left 3 years ago and love in Estonia .. lovely country .. only two genders here and men use the men’s room and ladies the ladies room .. No mosques:-)

• Davey says:

They sell the carbon tax by telling everyone they will get a (roughly) $300/family refund on their taxes. What they are NOT telling people is that it will cost (roughly) $600 a year/family.

• Sunshine says:

Wait till Canadians find out there is another tax coming up: A tax on PLASTICS.
        Yep, you read that right.
        Anything made with plastic or a plastic component will be subjected to an additional tax.
        Knowing that PLASTICS are present in almost everything we buy, what are we to do except pay the plastic tax to save the planet.
        That is Climate Barbie’s brilliant new idea.
        BTW, the new proposed tax was leaked and Cath McKenna’s office hasn’t replied to reporters.
        P.S.: Expect Duct Tape sales to skyrocket.

• George T says:

Excellent video. The guy nailed it. The climate scam is just that. No different than what has been said in USA. Job killer. China and India have dumped any notion of combating CC. Anything Canada, the USA or EU will be eliminated by what China and India don’t do. Ruin Canadian and USA lives while China and India take advantage of this opportunity to weaken both countries by advocating for these policies through their surrogates. On guns, criminals don’t follow gun laws, neither in Canada or USA. I am Canadian and live in USA. I happen to like the 2A.

• Couldn’t get to the end Justine is so self satisfied & sanctimonious while lying through his teeth it was either stop watching or lose dinner. I keep watching for the hook or the ground to open under his feet but it never happens….I can only hope he receives Justice and Canadians elect someone who will have their interests at heart. Make Canada Great Again.

• CHenie says:

Using the term Bimbo is much too kind-I don’t criticize a person’s physical appearance UNLESS they insist on acting/dressing like Ms Freeland. IMO Bimbo implies the female in question is rather good-looking. In that context, Bimbo clearly does not apply to Ms Freeland. IMO-ya’ know-just sayin’

4. Margaret Berger says:

Snort!

5. George Taylor says:

Socialists policies don’t work and have not worked through out history. When Bernie Sanders points to Socialistic Democratic EU as a model for the USA; when you peel back and take a close look at their policies. These domestic and tax policies are a failure too. You see it in their unemployment numbers, GDP and the labor participation rate. Other indicators is the social rot you see in communities etc…

• Pale rider says:

Yeah I really don’t get it? We have Venezuela in the display window and yet idiots vote for Bernie and AOC. Just go get some of that magnificent socialism and leave us alone.

• eagle931 says:

In answer to your question, it’s not that they don’t get the Venezuela example; it’s that they believe AOC’s and Bernie’s policies will create an American version of Sweden. As someone who has traveled extensively overseas, specifically western Europe, I bet that those Americans (mostly young) clamoring for European-style socialism have not visited there and, if they have, only see the surface of Europeans’ lives, such as a more laid-back lifestyle with their long lunches and what-not, four-week vacations and other lifestyle trappings, but they do not see how the average European lives, (a collective of closet-like apartments); how they have no mobility whatsoever if they wish to improve their standard of living; how they lack enough income to be truly independent and live their lives as they see fit.

• eagle931 says:

I don’t understand how it came out that I pressed “liked” on my own comment. I did not.

• Pale rider says:

the socialism loving bunch need to go get them some of that rainbow goodness, leave us alone.
          Anyone who believes the government can do anything besides lie needs go to a session in congress and sit for a few hours.

• I was shocked many years ago when I visited Ireland in my 20’s and realized just that. It was an unattainable ambition for a boy who had stellar grades but no family in Pharmacy to become a pharmacist. People were resigned to limitations we would think unimaginable in America.
          In Scotland, under socialized medicine, the orthopedic patients had to stay in wards for months because there was no local care and it would have been impossible to come down & back to Edinburgh for cast checks etc. Kids being treated for scoliosis, in whole body casts, didn’t see family for 6 months at a time. Americans truly don’t know how blessed they are.

6. Carrie says:

Comeuppance is a word, non?

7. Darren says:

Don’t worry an election is coming. PEI went Conservative this week. NFLD is next. October can’t come soon enough. It’ll take serious cheating or an act of God at this point for Twinkle Toes to remain in power.

8. Jason Ross says:

how long can the American media ignore the economic reality?

• Joshua2415 says:

They spent 8 years creating a false economic while Obama was president.
      Ignoring economic reality is child’s play for them.

• olderwiser21 says:

Joshua, so true – did you hear that guy who is running for the Republican nom make his little speech about how we can’t allow America to continue on it’s ruinous economic path???? I mean, seriously – these people are nutz!!! I think he is a former Mass. governor or something. Bill Weld.

• G. Willikers says:

Yes Bill Weld is a former governor of Massachusetts. And if you’ll rewind to the election of 2016, Bill Weld was also Gary Johnson’s VP on the Libertarian ticket trying to split the vote against Candidate Trump. Weld jumped off the Libertarian ticket to rejoin the RINOs for another roll in the hay against President Trump.

• The Boss says:

America’s media for the most part ignores ANY and ALL reality, preferring instead to live in their imaginary world with their imaginary friends and imaginary facts.

9. StanH says:

Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Just have a good cry Justin.

10. Stillwater says:

Does anyone have an idea as to how much the USMCA will add to the U.S. GDP once it kicks in?

11. Robert Smith says:

I feel for our fellow travelers in Canada. Their government and media can go suck it though

12. John Good says:

Looks good on Trudeau and Freeland!
    Just got back from wintering in Florida, & I am already starting to hate my own Country again!
    Such professional and nice people in the US, compared to most Canadians!
    I have been back for 5 days and the people that I knew when I left have actually gotten worse!
    There is a lot of TDS up here in Canada.
    Looks like there may be a ” snowflake” on the Rebel Media, monitoring the message boards! I just got a warning, but no mention of which comment they were referring to! They just asked me to read the posting rules and do it two more times and I am gone. I reply wanting to know which comment was offensive.

• Perot Conservative says:

I loved my one trip to Vancouver around 1998? Clean, cosmopolitan, polite. Great meal at a place in Stanley Park (?) with an amazing vodka lemonade drink; great meals in Chinatown and Robeson Street (?); great architecture. Clothing at Roots seemed expensive, even with the favorable exchange rate. Love the $1 and $2 coins (Looney & Tooney).

Funny story. I was there with a girlfriend and we both thought a gorgeous higher schooler was flirting with me. I didn’t learn til we came back Canada’s low consent age (16?), and previously unbelievably low age (14?). What the heck??!! Whacky liberalism?

Dr. Patrick Moore is out west, fighting the good fight for more oil and jobs.

So, you didn’t find Floridians … a bit uncultured? … big state, love the weather.

• billygoat65 says:

Floridians are a bit uncultered are they…why not just call them deplorable? Stupid clown comment.

• CoffeeBreak says:

I love Florida Man!

• Attorney at Law says:

I have a few properties in Vancouver and other areas of BC.

Beautiful area of the world.

PC …

It’s Robson Street. Roots is on par with Abercrombie.
        Stanley Park has a Tea House.
        False Creek area, truly magnificent scenery.
        Horseshoe Bay with the ferries, as well as an endless amount of activity day and night. Golf or ski, same day.

Happy to help out if anyone is planning a trip or looking for ideas.

• Jay Currie says:

You might want to sell…The Vancouver real estate market, without laundered Chinese money, is imploding. But it is early in the crash. It is going to get really ugly in Summer and Fall.

• Kent says:

I worked in Canada for a few months almost twenty years ago….I found y’all to be wonderful people…..get out the vote. eh? better together than apart….

• Suzanne says:

I’m curious and hope you, as a Canadian, can tell me. Are there any specific reasons why so many Canadians hate our most wonderful President or are they simply brain washed by what seems about to be your former government and the media (which appears to be as loathsome as ours)
      Thanks

• nigelf says:

Brainwashed by the media. American media is readily available up here but even our own media is the enemy of the people.
        Canadians I think are also more gullible and trusting of our institutions and would never think that they would be lied to or manipulated by them.
        Conservatives are the only people who have a grasp of how evil some things really are.
        Liberals live in a make believe world that doesn’t exist but they would like to make real.

• Dekester says:

John Good, out here in B.C. TDS is epidemic. It can all be attributed to the MSM. Our CBC ( Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.) truly is a government sponsored communist organization. CNN and the CBC is broadcast in every public space, and in many Doctors offices.

There is a large number of PDJT supporters out West, we will overcome the idiot Trudope.

God bless PDJT

• John Good says:

Update, got a reply from the Rebel Media today!
        She said that I used a “swear word” in one of my posts, but she didn’t tell me what it was or which post. Normally I try to put these words in italics & leave out some of the letters, so that most people of my generation know exactly what the word is.
        I said that I would be more careful in the future! As I don’t really want to be not able to post, if I need to.

13. railer says:

It’s even worse than the topline numbers show. The price of crude oil is way up, and Canada is still struggling economically. They may be headed for recession.

14. Akindole says:

Hold my Moosehead.

• Stillwater says:

Canadian hunters are probably the more level headed Canadians.

Trudeau: “Hold my eyebrows.”

• doofusdawg says:

Ha…. a great beer.

• cthulhu says:

40 years ago, I used to drink Molsons because I couldn’t afford real European beers…..20 years ago, I switched to Moosies because I couldn’t afford Molsons (and they had “Molson Ice” and “Molson Canadian” — which were essentially flavorless weak Molsons). Now I typically have a mix of pseudo-American microbrews. The times, they are a-changin’…….

15. TradeBait says:

Justine’s eyebrow is drooping again.

16. James Street says:

Meh… that’s OK. We’re Americans.
    We’ll save the world.
    Again.

17. Perot Conservative says:

I read a recent article about the USMCA claiming it would only have a small impact; but even this article admitted the country of origin changes were tough.

Second article I read that said the 2.5% penalty wasn’t a big enough penalty for not meeting quotas.

Sundance, why dixn’t they increase that to 6% or 7.5%??

18. The gravity of those photos – leaders of the most powerful countries in the world crowding each other out like teenage girls at a Justin Bieber concert, just to be closer to our President.

American exceptionalism? You better believe it! 🇺🇸

19. Tiffthis says:

Delicious when President Trump is proven correct in his trade deals. The media won’t report it- but they all know it’s true 💯

20. BigBlockMill says:

I am waiting for Twinkletoes to repeat Obysmal talking: “this is as good as it gets” and “what does President Trump have, a magic wand?”
    /sarc

21. fred5678 says:

I love the smell of scorched purple aubergine in the morning!

22. mr.piddles says:

The B’s kicked the Leaf’s a-word last night. Now this.

1.2%… yeesh. That’s not a good look.

23. Fools Gold says:

That snicker was delicious…,

24. WES says:

I know many Canadians would like to see Trudope gone. So would I!

However, the political reality is very different. The liberals long ago achieved what the Dems can only hope for! The liberals are Canada natural governing party and have been for over 100 years!

Getting rid of Trudope will be very difficult unless “Quebec turns their back on the liberals”. Very rarely do Quebecers ever turn their backs on the liberals! The liberal’s base is in Quebec!

Quebecers always vote strategically to ensure they always part of the ruling party. If Quebecers sense that the rest of Canada is going to vote against the liberal party then Quebecers will also vote against the liberal party to ensure the new ruling party has representatives from Quebec too!

This why it is critically important to watch what is happening in Quebec! If Quebec voters are tired of Trudope then he is history! However, I have yet to see signs of this happening!

Trudope’s recent scandals have not hurt him in Quebec one bit! Sadly in fact, they have probably helped him greatly as standing up and defending Quebec’s interests. This is what most English Canadians are forgetting. Quebec’s French media are not reporting bad things about Trudope!

All Trudope needs to get re-elected is to carry Quebec 100% (grossly over represented), as they normally do 9 times out of 10, then pick up some seats in downtown Toronto and Vancouver, as they normally do 7 times out of 10, to win a majority.

Toronto and Vancouver probably have more seats than the 6 smallest provinces put together!

How the rest of Canada votes does not matter one iota!

I hope this gives Americans a little better insight into Canadian politics!

From an ex-Quebecer now living in Toronto. (Parents originally from Ontario and Saskatchewan.)

• WES says:

Another trick the liberal party uses that English Canadians often miss, is their habit of speaking in French to convey one message for Quebecers then switching back to English to say something else to English Canadians!

The English media never ever points out the two very different messages!

• What Canada needs is a miracle, like we had here in the USA. I hope her champion comes along.

25. Kent says:

…and the man in the back said everyone attack and it turned into a ballroom blitz…

26. visage13 says:

Amazing what can happen when you stop subsidizing the world and start taking care of the homeland.

27. Out President Trump is so smart That seats on Top of Turd’s head which He did not Realizes Before,
    The Trump is Best Happen To OUR country and He works Hard everyday,
    GOD Bless you,

28. Ed357 says:

Trump45 might have small hands…..

but Trump45 wields a “Yuge Magic Wand”…….!