Well, well, well.  This is likely to be quickly brushed under the proverbial rug.  If you have followed the case against SSCI Security Director James Wolfe you will note the original indictment against him outlined, obliquely, how Wolfe took custody of the Carter Page FISA application and then leaked it to his concubine at Buzzfeed Ms. Ali Watkins.

The leak of the FISA application was a rather explosive issue not readily identified when Wolfe’s indictment was first presented (June ’18).  It was only possible to connect the dots after the FISA application was released (July ’18) and a comparison on specific dates, times, contacts and chain-of-custody, was possible.

In response to his indictment, Wolfe’s lawyers said they would force Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI) members to participate and testify in any trial.  This was a rather stunning approach.  A few months passed and a plea bargain was struck.  Wolfe would plead guilty only to one count of lying to FBI investigators.  The charges of the leaking “top secret and classified” intelligence were dropped.

Wolfe was not ultimately charged with leaking the FISA application.  We sniffed a quid-pro-quo.  We suspected Wolfe was instructed by at least one senator, likely  SSCI Vice-Chairman Mark Warner, to leak the information.  This would explain Wolfe’s extraordinary defense position – and the DOJ response therein.

Think about it.  A gang-of-eight member (Warner), who happened -as a consequence of the jaw dropping implications- to be one of only TWO SSCI members who was notified by the FBI that Wolfe was compromised. The ramifications cannot be overstated.

After the sketchy plea agreement the DOJ filed a sentencing memo, on ONLY the lying aspect, claiming –contrary to the original indictment– their investigation could not prove classified intelligence leaks.  However, the DOJ also argued for a sentence of two years incarceration, far exceeding the judicial sentencing standard for a single count of lying.  Again, rather dubious DOJ positioning.

CTH still believes Wolfe leaked the FISA application to Ali Watkins and the DOJ was in a tenuous position due to the strong likelihood of key and powerful senators being involved.

Well, yesterday the DOJ filed a response to the Wolfe defense teams’ own sentencing memo (full pdf below), and within the DOJ response they, perhaps inadvertently, posted an exhibit (#13) written by the FBI special agent in charge, which specifically says:

….”because of the known disclosure of classified information, the FISA application”…

“known disclosure”…

I don’t think the DOJ meant to allow or file that.

Here’s the full DOJ responsive filing to the Wolfe defense sentencing memo:

As a reminder, we know the FISA court delivered the read and return Top-Secret Classified Carter Page application due to the clerk stamp of March 17, 2017.

That stamp date, March 17, 2017, and the content therein, matched the date and details of the original Wolfe indictment:

On that same date, March 17th, 2017, within the text messages of SSCI Vice-Chairman Mark Warner and Lobbyist/Lawyer Adam Waldman – as they were working out details of how to meet covertly with dossier author Christopher Steele, we find Warner going into the Senate Intelligence Committee SCIF.

SSCI Vice-Chairman Mark Warner is a central figure in the scheme to entrap the incoming administration under the auspices of the fraudulent Russia probe.

(Washington, DC – December 14th, 2018) Judicial Watch today released two sets of heavily redacted State Department documents, 38 pagesand 48 pages, showing classified information was researched and disseminated to multiple U.S. Senators by the Obama administration immediately prior to President Donald Trump’s inauguration.

The documents reveal that among those receiving the classified documents were Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA), Sen. Ben Cardin (D-MD), and Sen. Robert Corker (R-TN).

Judicial Watch obtained the documents through a June 2018 Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit filed against the State Department after it failed to respond to a February 2018 request seeking records of the Obama State Department’s last-minute efforts to share classified information about Russia election interference issues with Democratic Senator Ben Cardin (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:18-cv-01381)).

The documents reveal the Obama State Department urgently gathering classified Russia investigation information and disseminating it to members of Congress within hours of Donald Trump taking office.  (read more)

This DOJ deal with James Wolfe is one big, FUBAR, Deep State example of a cover-up operation.  Each side is deploying leverage to avoid accountability the DOJ is trying to preserve and protect multiple institutions.

The motives are all the same….  because the ramifications, if fully exposed, would tear at the very fabric of a democratically elected constitutional republic…

Decide for yourself.

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Desperately Seeking Hillary, Donald Trump, Election 2016, FBI, IG Report FISA Abuse, James Wolfe Case (SSCI), Jeff Sessions, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Spygate, Spying, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

345 Responses to Oh My – DOJ Inadvertently Highlights SSCI Corruption in Responsive Filing Toward Wolfe Sentencing Memo…

1. WSB says:

Thank you, Sundance, for this crazy eye opener.

I have sent to Grassley, Paul, Portman, Langford, and others. Just sick of this.

• Peoria Jones says:

It might be time to move beyond “cold” anger.

• WSB says:

I am just going to paste this everywhere, every tip box and every other place I can think of.

Tired of this.

• Peoria Jones says:

We can’t keep doing this, WSB. It’s impossible. Inhuman. Unconstitutional. Unbearable.

• WSB says:

At some point these tables have to be flipped.

• Peoria Jones says:

They’re trying to break us – and there’s a fine line between trying to fight the uphill battle of doing things the way Conservatives have always done them, and going off the deep end.

It’s time to think outside the box.

• CEJ says:

I posted a few days ago that I was tired of this corruption, that “justice delayed is justice denied,” and I received a scoffing knockdown on this site from someone who was under the impression I was not in support of our President and what he has accomplished and what exactly he is up against, which is not the case. Why is it when I express frustration that the inmates are in charge of the asylum I get attacked? You all seem to share the same frustration. I’m STILL tired, still frustrated, and I am I sick of the DS seemingly doing whatever they deem necessary to take down our duly elected 45th President.

They have nearly broken me, and I have a deep faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. For those who don’t share the same faith, I cannot even imagine what their thought process might be.

• Peoria Jones says:

I didn’t see your post, so can’t address your particular question. But IMHO those who support our POTUS, our nation, and our Constitution SHOULD be more than frustrated about the travesties of the past couple years.

There are those who come here, however, for the sole purpose of spreading doom and gloom. That kind of negativity sets some posters into attack mode.

• CEJ- I can’t even imagine how our President Trump can deal with the never ending barrage of HATE that he gets 24/7/365. He really has super human powers in that regard because I can’t even stand to read the stuff anymore or listen to it.

Like you, I am not only discouraged, but I am often in a paroxysm of RAGE because I feel so powerless against the creeps/ Satanic demons/scumbags/ Demon Rats/Mueller etc. who spend all their taxpayer funded time trying to destroy our President and his family.

Of course we want REVENGE- at least I do!

• John Bosley. says:

” Do not worry , be happy.”
                  These events are all Kabuki Theater.
                  PDJT is busy doing the important things quietly while we are distracted as are our enemies.
                  “Look , squirrel over there ! “.
                  Best to be busy with other things in life, a hobby, children, grand children.
                  Do good things in your life, lay up a foundation in Heaven for yourself.
                  All these little things in life pale in comparison to the really important stuff.
                  There will be NO Civil War , rule of law will continue.
                  When things get very bad you WILL know, just as the Venezuelans know now.
                  When there is no food in the fridge or roof over your head that will be the time most here will spring to action, whether it be too late.
                  Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear with a dose of healthy skepticism.
                  Don’t sweat the little things.
                  Sit back and enjoy the show for now, I guarantee you will sleep better at night.

• RoddREpub says:

I agree. I’m all about being patient, but damn it’s time for heads to roll.

• Hereward the Woke says:

Pointing out that we are sick of this is not “doom and gloom”; it’s what we Earthlings call “Reality”. DJT has to act on this. I strongly suspect he has his plan and sense of timing, but these swine are getting more arrogant and cocky with every passing day. By January, we will know more about what Huber has been up to (and maybe Whittaker), whether the wall is actually going to be built (by congress coughing up or EO) and what the EOs about military tribunals signified. In the meantime, I, like any (reasonably) normal person am truly sick and tired of this naked, brazen treason in our midst.

• Hoosier_Friend? says:

I agree. Is the vest yellow or orange? I already know what the caliber is…

• Joemama says:

Yup.

• Matt Hay says:

Am thinking time for hot, boiling over anger….

• CaptainNonno says:

Do we need to get yellow vests ourselves?

• covfefe999 says:

Send it to Jessie Liu. It’s her case. Why did she f this up? And ask her what’s going on with Andy McCabe because that’s her case too.

• Sunshine says:

Notice how Warner has been very quiet, almost invisible.

• David A says:

I would consider modifying the end of the post – ” The motives are all the same…. because the ramifications, if fully exposed, would tear at the very fabric of a democratically elected constitutional republic…

Decide for yourself.”

In my view if the ramifications are NOT fully exposed the hidden crimes continue to tear at the very fabric of our constitutional republic.

2. TTConductor says:

And so what do we, those of us here, do about this? I’m guilty (no pun intended) of treeping here and thanking SD for all his great insight. But what happens then? Answer – nothing. We all go on with our lives and wait until the next article drops to piss us off. No more for me. I’m bringing this to my U.S. Reps’ attention and urge all of you to do likewise. We need to make ourselves heard.

• rogerdat says:

good advice that I’m following up on………..enough.

• hoghead says:

Yes! I’ll bring it to my rep’s attention also. Oh wait…my rep is elijah cummings (d, Maryland).

Never mind.

• Cache says:

Just forwarded. We must take action. This is becoming personal.

• Chip Doctor says:

TT, it is nice to see others getting on board. Nothing will change until we demand it. They fear an uprising. We do not have to promote or use violence if we make our voices heard now…..in the streets. If we wait, violence will be the only alternative.

• CEJ says:

Thank you, TT. And for those of who live in hopelessly liberal states, what do we do? I live in WA State, and there is no one here who represent my interests or my family’s interests. Aside from my moving out of state, which has been discussed several times (a little harrowing, as we need to find a decent neurologist in a state friendly to conservatives who can care for my husband’s condition), what recourse do we have?

• InAz says:

@ CEJ

My husband is being treated by a neurologist for his muscle disease.
        The neurologist is in Phoenix, Arizona. Phoenix is a four to five hour drive for us.

The neurologist is in a group practice.

I know how difficult it is to find good doctors. I’m still looking for a decent endocrinologist.

• I tweeted it to people who might be able to do something and shared it to a group on Facebook. 4 people in the group shared this with their friends, so perhaps that held a bit to spread the word. After church I told my brunch group about this and that there are websites with orange vests for sale.

• TreeClimber says:

I have Jim Clyburn.

3. Hey people, just a few thoughts;

Doesn’t this document tell us a lot more than we previously knew?
    It has been produced under Whitakers tenure.
    Did anyone else read this footnote?

“The government has reviewed the letters of support written for the defendant, including those written by the SSCI and former members of the USIC. The letters share a certain common theme, which is perhaps best summarized as follows: the defendant appeared steadfast and honest in my multiple dealings, and I believe he kept secrets to which I was privy. What is missing from any of these letters, however, is a person who says they knew the double life that Wolfe was leading, and that they were aware he was sharing information from the SSCI with multiple national security reporters over multiple years.”

In context of how this is being presented, doesn’t that footnote ring a loud bell? It’s saying Wolfe received letters of support from ex Intel and SSCI members. Presumably people like Warner and Burr, Brennan and Clapper. I guess if it appears Wolfe was receiving a nothingburger after being caught, his letter writers may feel secure enough to write him a support letter, to make sure he gets off no jail time.

The footnote is saying the letter writers are either liars or fools and requesting the judge disregard completely as inadequate. Somehow I’m not buying that this is a cover up. I will buy that Wolfe flipped and hell why wouldn’t he. I’m also buying that they’ve lured “corruption junction” to write letters saying what a great and trustworthy guy he is and loyal to a tee.

Ask yourself how that looks when it’s revealed Wolfe is a co-operating witness and has spilled how the unspoken part of how he kept his job for 30 years was leaking to the media on the request of the Chairman or Minority Leader. Oh look at these letters they wrote saying what a great guy Wolfe is. hmmm, perfect setup and public disclosure leading to indictments of Warner first then the others…just saying…let’s see

• rogerdat says:

interesting take, how much time for leaking top secret documents? Might be reason for a deal.

• mimbler says:

My conjecture deserves no more weight than anyone else’s but here it is:

Wolfe was charged with a single count of lying. Nothing serious there

The 2 year sentence is just a “recommendation”, and is in excess of sentencing guidelines for that “crime”.

My conjecture is we are being set up, and Wolfe will skate.

The MSM can report the recommended sentence, and people will think justice is being done.

Then, later, and largely unreported, a judge can say the recommendation clearly exceeds guidelines, and sentence wolfe to a minimal sentence or time served.

This would fit the pattern we are seeing much better than yet another “flipped” perp fingering higher-ups, that -never- so far has turned out to be correct.

Anyway, just my take,

4. CNN_sucks says:

Comment deleted by Admin…

5. Zorro says:

It’s a burden to the sense of decency in our souls, to be one of the few along with our fellow Treepers, that know what is going on in this country.

One thing we can do is communicate with our “representatives” although there a but a few that are actually representative of us, that 1) We know what’s going on, and 2) “That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government” – Declaration of Independence

6. ForGodandCountry says:

“Nothing will happen. The Democrats are above the law. Look at what the Clintons got away with.”

As Sundance recently pointed out, it is HIGHLY likely that the NSA queries were being used, not just to spy on the political opposition (ie. PDJT & Co.), but also to make massive amounts of money and Ill-gotten gains. As SD also pointed out, giving Sen. Feistein’s Former aide $50M to keep all of this under wraps would be cheap to these people.

This is MORE than about hating Trump…there are $trillions$ at stake. And DC is awash with cash…lots of cash. Here’s the thing…people don’t get paid off in cash….they get paid off in highly lucrative jobs, membership on company boards, inside info on new regulations affecting businesses and industries, etc.

Point is, it’s nit just partisan politics driving all the corruption, it’s also money and worldly gain, and a ton of it. How many good people in DC have been approached and told, “Look, we know you’re in a financial jam/your daughter is ill/etc. Look the other way and we’ll make your problems disappear. If not, we can arrange for you to lose your job, for starters. Are you going to play ball?”

It’s not just politics we’re up against….we’re up against Soros and Clinton Foundation-esque money. Pallet loads of money.

• WSB says:

Our country has been an international ATM for over 50 years. While we work.

It’s like bicycling in place in front of a moving screen behind you.

• The Devilbat says:

I was told by an insider that our politicians are often bribed with seemingly nothing-burger gifts. such a gift might be a nice old vase for a senator to give his wife. The old vase however might just happen to be an original from the Ming Dynasty and be worth several hundred thousand dollars. No trail of money here!!!

• Burnt Toast says:

>>>And DC is awash with cash…lots of cash.

There is no cash.
      It is tax slavery to our children and grandchildren, and so on.

And they know that. It is why they do it. They think theirs will be overseers.

• DJSnyder says:

Which is EXACTLY why Trump is doing his massive economic reset. If he is successful, the deep state’s coffers will dry up. And they KNOW it.
      “The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.”

• Mo says:

“So you think that money is the root of all evil? . . . Have you ever asked what is the root of money? Money is a tool of exchange, which can’t exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value. Money is not the tool of the moochers, who claim your product by tears, or of the looters, who take it from you by force. Money is made possible only by the men who produce. Is this what you consider evil?”

• John Bosley. says:

Perhaps what is meant is loving that tool, money and the way some will go to ANY means to possess it.
          Money is power.
          Power can make people do what you want.
          Taken to its extreme, it is an intoxicating drug.

7. Gary Lacey says:

What to make of the suggested 2 year sentence?
    Are all MSM journalists(male/female) sleeping with high-ups for news leaks?

• Zorro says:

Well in two years the Demosocialists fully expect they will be in full power.

• covfefe999 says:

What to make of Jessie Liu not charging Wolfe with leaking classified info and giving him a longer sentence? Now we know they KNEW he was leaking even though the charging document says they didn’t. Is she incompetent? She’s a Trump appointee. We had high hopes for her. She has been an abject failure it appears. She also has the case of Andy McCabe. Notice how nothing at all has happened with that.

• fractionalexponent says:

Quid pro quo, don’t charge Wolfe for his real crime in return for don’t force Burr to testify he was involved in the leak scheme?

And President Trumps appointment batting average is low because the Wash DC traitor-to-patriot ratio is 99-to-1. There are almost zero whitehats to choose from.

• dogsmaw says:

Corrupt Media working in unison with the DNC is the ‘collusion’

8. Chieftain says:

The Virginia citizens are complicit in this sedition they keep Warner in power.
    What a lot of stupid people live in Virginia adjacent our Capitol.

• Zorro says:

They are not all stupid, they just act in their best interest, mostly financial, instead of the country’s. They understand the symbiotic relationship between government employees and unions and the Demosocialist Party. They get job security, pay. pensions, and benefits. The Demosocialist Party gets votes and support. The genesis of the deep state bureaucratic establishment can be traced back to JFK empowering government unions.

• iwasthere says:

Ha, Tell me about it. We win everywhere but Arlington, Fairfax and Chester. Puts the (D) over the top every time. Well now Loudoun too. I say we give Arlington back to DC, then the (R) might have a chance. And no, I’m not joking.

• Sandra-VA says:

Chester? Are you sure about that? Chester, VA is in Chesterfield County which is RED.

• Yy4u says:

Northerners who destroyed their own areas by voting Liberal Democrat moved to Dixie and then started voting Liberal Democrat. Add in northern VA which is where government workers live so their kids dont have to go to school in DC where they work and Norfolk, Richmond, Newport News and Portsmouth and you get Warner and Kaine. The RNC did not fund Cory Stewart in Nov when he ran against Kaine and so you get politics as usual…a Republican party that functions only as an illusion so the voters continue to believe there are 2 parties.

• J-Mac says:

iwasthere

I have conversed with a Virginia legislator who is going to introduce legislation to remove the DC/NOVA Swamp from Virginia.

I suggest you contact Virginia legislators in support of this reform if you want to get rid of Mark Warner (& Tim Kaine) for that matter.

• Monticello says:

Too many first and second generation immigrants voting in the Commonwealth, voting themselves money.

• Snowball says:

If we in Virginia didn’t have so many Yankees moving in and around northern Virginia from all over N.Y. , New Jersey , Pennsylvania and all points north , we wouldn’t have these liberal idiots and carpetbaggers in our state. They vote them in and we are stuck with them. They come to Virginia but bring their stupid ways with them. Close I 95 and I 295 south.

• Judiciary says:

Chieftan, Warner narrowly won reelection against a terrible GOP candidate, Ed Gillespie. The RINO Republican state party organization can’t choose viable candidates. That Gillespie did so well says Warner isn’t as popular as you might think.

• Sandra-VA says:

Let me tell you that most of VA is RED. We vote for people other than Warner types but our votes are canceled out by Northern VA counties and now also Hampton Roads.

Accusing an entire state of voters of being stupid is just showing your own ignorance.

• Northern Virginia has the wealthiest counties in the county, as the majority of incomes are directly, or indirectly received from the govenrment. There is no way they are going to vote to stop the gravy train.

• ByrdDeplorable says:

Some of the nicest and solid Americans are we “real” Virginians! But, we have an infestation of “Federal workers” who are liberals from all over the Country. They come here for a “ government job”. I can’t stand them and their ignorance and arrogance.

• J-Mac says:

• The Phantom Stranger says:

The Democrats had a long-term plan to change the electoral demographics of Virginia and Northern Virginia’s rapid wealth growth accelerated the process. Blame Fairfax County.

9. Brant says:

3/17/17 FISC clerk. Dang, what we need we some whistle blowing clerks. Seems they pretty much know everything and I’m sure don’t get paid much.

• covfefe999 says:

We wouldn’t need whistleblowing clerks if we had competent US Attorneys. It appears Jessie Liu is about as competent as Huber. What do they do with their time all day long?

10. MassConservative says:

That picture of Comey, clapper, Brennan and Warner is creepy as hell. They all just radiate evil.

• iwasthere says:

Just look at the expression on Warner – “You da man, I got your back and you got mine.”

• Skippy says:

I’ve stared at that photo a hundred times, it’s so emotive. Comey’s eyes are wide and eye brows raised; his facial expression reflects awe (“wow”) to me. Brennan is gazing intently at Warner w beady eyes and smiling. Warner raises his eyes to meet Comey’s, lips closed, jaws clenched, grasping Comey’s hands so tightly his fingers are red as if to say “I told you I’d do it”.

Only Clapper is amiss: looking down, no smile, scratching side of his face, possibly but not certainly internally “equivocating”.

11. superfly007 says:

It was 150 years ago Tuesday that President Abraham Lincoln was shot to death by Deep State

12. Monticello says:

I don’t think that anyone here has considered the ramifications from the 50,000 foot view of the possibilities of a total corruption of our intelligence services. Foreign or billionaire influence?

This weekend look at past events which didn’t seem to be congruent with events.

13. superfly007 says:

It was 55 years ago, that President John F Kennedy was shot to death by Deep State! Food for thought!

14. bluebongo says:

A SKIF is a boat, a SCIF is where one works with TS info. A Senator, on the SSCI no less, really should know the difference…..

15. recoverydotgod says:

I remember Mark Warner getting all bunched up about the Nunes memo release, but this known disclosure…not so much.

16. Judiciary says:

I tell you what, our Founding Father’s would not agree that these weasels must be protected to avoid tearing the fabric of our Republic. The quickest way to heal is to cut out the disease or the rot will continue to fester and weaken us.

17. TwoLaine says:

NOT ONE WORD in the newz on Wolfe’s illegal activities since Tuesday… Nothing on Faux, either channel.

18. Hebo Sabe says:

And regression to the mean has not helped our country.

Immigration has furthered the dissolution.

19. Mike says:

Now that there is positive proof that Sundance’s outstanding deduction is correct, Wolfe used his phone to transmit the “FISA application” to this Buzzfeed-Politico-NYT’s “reporter”,

Gee, weren’t we told the world would end if the FISA was declassified? Sources and methods? Foreign intelligence partners?

One of the biggest rats in the rat media has had it for MONTHS. How come she didn’t “report” all that “broad mosaic” of evidence Comey was lying, err talking about.

Poor little Ali had to do “Dirty Grampa” to make it to the big time, the NEW YORK TIMES, and she/they don’t report the bombshell evidence that proves COLLUSION!

If there was jack sh*t as far as evidence in that FISA, we would have read about it in the NYT’s months ago.

• Moultrie Flag says:

“Poor little Ali” is banging more than one Dirty Grandpa.

Don’t feel sorry for he, she is capitalizing off of her daddy issues/kink.

20. Mo says:

Anyone want to help re-tweet Sundance’s article to those on this list and any others who might be able get it in front of the President’s eyes.

21. Anonymous says:

1. There was never a leaking charge in the indictment. The plea deal changed 3 counts of false statements to one count.

2. The 82 texts equating to the FISA has had some shade thrown on it. First the FISA was 83 pages, not 82. And the signature, last, page is not irrelevant. It is vital. Furthermore, there 82 texts exchanged by the pair, not sent by Wolfe. (i.e. the back and forth number is 82, not the send number.)

3. One new insight, not yet discussed here, was that there were 6 reporters he contacted, not 4. Further, all were young females.

4. The pre Trump info dumps show general swamp problems but are not related to Wolfe. Better to do standalone analysis.

• Matt Hay says:

#2 It wasn’t the signature page which was omitted. One of the 83 pages was completely blank, (ie This page was intentionally left completely blank) that is what was omitted, no shade or debink thrown there. You think they are lying in this sentencing doc about it being the FISA??

• Matt Hay says:

22. Al Brown says:

What will tear at the very fabric of a democratically elected Constitutional Republic (or as even the Republicans in the House and Senate refer to it, “Our Democracy”, is to leave this system in place so it can be repeated again in 2020.
    If those in power think their institutions and position are more important than the “very fabric of a democratically elected Constitutional Republic” then we do not have one and will never recover it again.

23. We have a new head of the DOJ. Why is he missing in action? Why doesn’t he force a real prosecution for leaking classified information? Why doesn’t he expose Warner as the real leaker?

24. digleigh says:

Sampson:Pull all the corrupt pillars down…. These jokers said it will be unsealed for the public in 25 YEARS..Too late for my children and grandchildren…SSHHEESHH!!

25. taxpayer here says:

I believe that purple-tied man is warner and I find it shocking to see brennan smiling at all and it happens to be AT warner! In other words, brennan approves of warner. Hmmmm.

When will honest Americans start seeing justice?!

26. mtk says:

Could it simply be that the investigation had to ultimately let the classified intel leak fall to the way side and not charge Wolfe with leaking classified material because the DoJ does not want to spend the political capital charging a journalist with receiving classified material.

Yes, its overtly simplified rationale however it does dovetail neatly into the many down side issues such a prosecution would entail.
    By down side issues, I mean the very stuff the NSA and other alphabet IC agencies, see as throwing the baby out with the bath water.

All the same, it does highlight the living space the swamp and corruption thrives in. Elevating the Untouchable Empowerment to get away with bloody hell whatever it is they want. It is the get out jail card played everyday. We can do this because if called out on it , they double down and up the stakes to a level not willing to be paid. Once, that of type culture takes hold, it’s darn well impossible to suppress and have accountability to Justice. In essence, knowing how to play the ‘red lines’ has enabled a culture of goverence where opportunistic corruption activity seeks to extracts power, money and/or advantages by an implied threat. Once a body has enough gamers, gaming the system it is only natural to see Justice become perverted to serve the corruption masters.

The big joke is National Security is the cloak not to hide national secrets anymore, it is to hide all the lies built up over years.

I wonder how all those that with honor and integratity that serve selfishly to protect this Nation on a daily basis fathom the parallel BS that has morphed and enveloped around, ‘In the name of National Security.’

Scratching my head here… I bet they go to sleep at night knowning they are protecting ‘us’ from ‘ourselves’. I want to believe that is the case, yet it is getting harder by the day.

27. Zorro says:

Ali Watkins makes for an interesting story. In another day and time she would be indicted and facing prison time. A shocking story with a sex scandal. Made for tv movie. Thanks to the present environment she goes unscathed except for some ridicule on Twitter. Does she continue to play the deep state game?

28. TAS says:

“because the ramifications, if fully exposed, would tear at the very fabric of a democratically elected constitutional republic…”

Time for sunlight…whatever happens…happens. I believe the people and the country can not only handle the ramifications, but will benefit from the truth. It’s time to take our country back to what the founders created. If we don’t it will be lost forever.

• covfefe999 says:

Well, a whole lot of stupid people let the House majority slip away. We can’t make progress if people are going to be stupid. Anyone here who did not vote for their GOP candidate for the House or Senate, you are part of the problem and you have no right to whine. Pisses me off (can you tell?).

• J-Mac says:

What if you voted to ‘Drain the Swamp’ and will not so vote again until said Swamp is DRAINED?

Who put Rosenstein & Wray (& Jesse Liu for that matter) in place anyway?

29. Orson says:

I’d sure like to know the exact date that the FBI told the Chair and the Vice Chair of the SIC not to tip off Wolfe that their was an active investigation. Because, we know Watkins removed herself from her position rather abruptly one day before Wolfe was busted. He was under physical surveillance for a number of months before that December 15th bust. It would be hilarious if there was physical evidence of a meeting between Wolfe and an aid to any of the SIC Senators relative to this.

30. chojun says:

I don’t think the disclosure that the FISA application was leaked was accidentally acknowledged by the FBI.

Call it a hunch.

Sunlight is toxic to the swamp. I feel as though this is part of a hidden plan.

Note that in the past, especially under Obama admin officials, document redactions tended to be to conceal embarrassing or incriminating information. Lately there is a lot of evidence that suggests redactions on document releases are occurring due to the existence of grand jury proceedings.

If the information about the FISA app leak is out in the open then I would assume 2 things:

1) Grand jury matters are closed
    2) The matter directly involved Senators on the SSCI

Someone will have to educate me on whether or not the executive branch (DOJ) can indict sitting members of Congress. I’m not familiar with the Constitution on this one.

• J-Mac says:

Yes of course they can.

Duncan Hunter?

• chojun says:

Ah yes, good call.

What I’m not sure of though is if Hunter was indicted because the Congressional ethics office referred him to the DOJ.

I’ve heard that generally Congress is immune from prosecution and it would make sense that they are from a separation of powers point of view. That’s why I’m not sure what Constitutional scholars generally agree with.

• Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

See Bob Menedez, Senator “suck it up and vote for him” from NJ

• Austin Holdout says:

I agree, Chojun. We saw from the “Lovebird texts” how much review was involved before any document was ready to “launch”. Not that there isn’t plenty of incompetence in govt, even by highly placed U.S. Attorneys, but I’ll bet the DOJ is just as careful at reviewing docs at many levels before they go public, so the “inadvertent” inclusion of the “classified leak” phrase doesn’t resonate as correct to me.

If that’s correct, why would it have been included? Maybe Liu wanted to signal the judge that, while something prevented her from charging Wolfe with classified leaking, that was his real crime, and the reason for asking for 2 years jail time. Maybe she resented that she wasn’t allowed to nail Wolfe to the wall for leaking and at least wanted the world to know he’s a classified leaker. Just guessing.

SD is amazing at taking what look like meaningless facts everyone else forgot about and weaving them into coherent back stories. I’m not criticizing but the inadvertent inclusion of the key phrase
      “Classified leak” doesn’t resonate as correct to me.

31. Phil aka Felipe says:

M A D, Mutually Assured Destruction. They are all co-equally corrupt and guilty of multiple felonies.

If one side exposes the other, then they’ll both go to the mat to bring down the whole thing.

But God…!

32. Right to reply says:

Sick of it. I just want justice to be served!

33. Retired IG says:

Oops. Meant to write “when Cheney will when the movie about him comes out.” Typos don’t really matter. Warner should be investigated and be sent to jail for witness tampering at the minimum. Perhaps a prison cell in Rappahanock, VA. Who knows? White collar, Political CRIMES that amount to treason on his part, should perhaps have him sent to a cell in Madison, VA?

34. Retired IG says:

Don’t know how many times I’ve watched this movie: Scent of a woman. Keep watching, Apply to Mr Warner and all of the others who are SNItches

35. Retired IG says:

Don’t know how many times I’ve watched this movie: Scent of a woman. Keep watching, Apply to Mr Warner and all of the others who are WE ARE DISALLUSINED WITH. AND WARNER F8888CK YOU TOO,

36. Retired IG says:

Apoligize for the dupes.

37. Dr.Jay says:

Also read that sentence again: ” – the FISA application – involved a FBI equity …” does that mean that they that the FISA application concerned a FBI equity i.e an FBI ASSET ?….??????

38. Cat Lady says:

“Last fall, after Ms. Watkins and Mr. Wolfe had broken up, she briefly dated another staff member at the intelligence committee, friends said.”

WHO ELSE did she sleep with besides Wolfe?? This is from the NYT’s own coverage!!! Also, why is Sundance saying she worked at Buzzfeed when in the past he said NYT?? What’s the timeline of when she worked where??

• deqwik2 says:

This article pretty much gives you the details of her work history along side of her personal life dating Wolfe.

“Since meeting Mr. Wolfe in 2013, Ms. Watkins reported on the Senate Intelligence Committee for Politico, BuzzFeed News, The Huffington Post and McClatchy, where her reporting was part of a submission that was a Pulitzer Prize finalist.”
      2013 – McClatchy
      2014 – The Huffington Post
      2015 – BuzzFeed
      2017 – Politico
      2017 Nov. – NYT

39. Tiffthis says:

At this point I’m not sure if it’s better or worse to know about all this corruption. Nothing happens to the guilty, they even get re-elected. I do, however, enjoy reading all SD’s discoveries. Especially because links are provided.

40. Bogeyfree says:

So if I’m reading this right, the FBI has the FISA texts that were sent from Wolfe to Ali right? And assuming they are not the redacted version then it would be a clear violation of the law for leaking classified information right?

So isn’t the FBI required when they have this type of evidence to arrest and charge that crime? Why do they get to pick which crimes they want to charge IF the evidence is clearly there?

So for example if there is a bank robbery organized by high ranking leaders within our government and the hired robber shoots and kills a hostage inside the bank, but because this robber threatens to implicate the organizers, the FBI can choose to ignore the murder and only charge the guy for robbery?

What am I missing here?

Can not Judicial Watch come forward with some type of lawsuit for the failure to charge for a crime? A lawsuit is allowable here would get us to discovery and maybe some deeper details of why only the charge of lying.

• railer says:

Yes, this is a critical point, that Wolfe was undercharged in a matter of national security. We can work with this. Judicial Watch and others can push this, personalize it, fix the target, and get a small fire burning, which may spread. If we get this Wolfe case opened back up, it could be the break we need here.

41. Moultrie Flag says:

“The motives are all the same…. because the ramifications, if fully exposed, would tear at the very fabric of a democratically elected constitutional republic…

Decide for yourself.”

Decide what?

Our fabric was not only torn, it was set ablaze on FB live.

Deep State laughing on their book tours all along the way.

42. Moultrie Flag says:

Since FBI ANON, who wasn’t wrong (He came to the same conclusion as SD as to the “tearing of the American Fabric” in 2016) years ago.

And then we tick tock waiting for the torn fabric to be illuminated.

2 years later, we have caught up with facts.

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN

Please repeat.

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN

43. As I read it, “known disclosure” means what the FBI knew about at the time; not including potential yet-to-be discovered leaks of classified information, which are still being investigated.

The FBI notified the leaders of SSCI so they could take countermeasures, per protocol.

44. mugzey302 says:

The picture of Brennan smiling with his co-conspirators is probably the only one of him smiling, the nasty hellhound.

45. Doug Amos says:

Start at the top! Destroy Obama and everything else disintegrates. New AG, another opportunity.