A column written by journalist John Ivison yesterday reflected how Justin and Chrystia from Canada appeared to be intentionally politicizing their trade negotiations in an effort to gain favor from domestic left-wing supporters.  In essence, Justin made a decision to advance his political interests even if it means destroying the Canadian economy.

Providing a stark example as evidence toward that motive Ivison wrote: “How else to explain [Freeland’s] appearance at Monday’s Women in the World summit in Toronto, on a panel entitled Taking on the Tyrant?”  Today Ezra Levant and Manny Montenegrino discuss the exact same example:

By now, most assuredly, the Trump administration and trade team of U.S.T.R. Robert Lighhizer are likely aware of the commentary by Ms. Chrystia Freeland.  It will be interesting to see what develops.

The Mexican trade team is in DC today with Team USA putting the details inside the U.S-Mexico framework.

WASHINGTON DC – Mexico’s chief NAFTA negotiator headed to Washington as the nation reiterated that it’s prepared to pursue a new bilateral trade deal with the U.S. even if it ends up leaving out Canada.

Kenneth Smith Ramos and his team plan to work on wording of the U.S.-Mexico trade agreement that President Donald Trump intends to sign by the end of November. His visit is the first by a high-level Mexican negotiator since the two nations announced a framework deal at the end of August. Meanwhile, Canadian officials are huddled with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in Saskatchewan, relaying the latest state of play two weeks after the nation rejoined talks to stay in the pact. (read more)

Mexico and the U.S. have joint-interests in an economic trade bloc.  President Trump and incoming Mexican President Lopez-Obrador have common objectives; and with the economic approach outlined by AMLO toward using Mexico’s energy resources as leverage for expanded investment, the U.S. is well positioned to help.

In an generally overlooked outcome the nationalist interests of Mexico, specific to AMLO, are very close to alignment with the nationalist MAGA agenda of President Trump.  Canada is the globalist oddball in this tri-fecta; which makes a trilateral deal almost impossible.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Canada, Donald Trump, Economy, Election 2018, energy, media bias, Mexico, NAFTA, President Trump, Trade Deal, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

198 Responses to Pragmatic Canadians Discuss Justin and Chrystia’s Intentional Strategy to Scuttle any U.S-Mexico Trade Deal…

1. talker2u says:

Congrats, Chrystia!

When is your due date?

• Good_heavens_are_you_still_trying_to_win says:

Seriously. She look pregnant.

• Sammy Hains says:

She’s past her expiration date.

• SoCal Patriot says:

It could only be artificial insemination.

• Steele81 says:

Is there such a thing as chunky little woman syndrome?

• ecmarsh says:

I saw that too.
      By the way, “Please clap.”
      Just flipping stupid!

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Check out her bio on Wikipedia. Just weird as can be. Toxic brew of national socialism and international socialism, Russia and Ukraine, leftist and ultra-leftist. Every single red flag one can think of.

• GB Bari says:

Yes. I am getting tired of the constant and increasingly sophomoric attacks on her appearance in this blog site. It is not of the caliber that Sundance has promoted and set by example.

It appears that our northern neighbor may be on the cusp of creating a true Idiocracy far sooner than this country.

• SharkDiver says:

Who is forcing you to read the comments?

• IDK, I think she may have been reading CTH. The black dress is a vast improvement. Glad we could help her out. Not much we can do about the air between her ears but at least she doesn’t look like Barney.

Canada has been drifting left for decades. The response after 9/11 was that “it was a tragedy but we needed to examine our actions to find the root causes”. I think they declared themselves at that point and I registered their resentment and pique towards America. Rather than taking pride in their beautiful country and honest honorable people the country the Canadian government seems to be trying to score points with the EU by buying into Leftist claptrap and insulting America.

I don’t think it’s working for them. When they want to be allies and friends we will still be here. In the meantime…

• Jenny R. says:

I consider making jokes about her appearance to be more a bit of coping mechanism — it’s the least toxic thing about her really…so, you know, talking about her REALLY bad traits could be psychologically scarring. But if you wish:
          Chrystia’s got a real hang up on making population control a centerpiece of Canadian foreign policy.
          The woman is a socialist Fabian, and really that isn’t a joking matter.
          And it’s not due to naivete — she’s a vile monster who knows exactly what she’s doing; only stupid because she is arrogant.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Her appearance pales in importance to her dangerously stupid and naive Leftwing politics. And worse that her types in government-controlled CBC have duped the citizenry into thinking their worst threat is from our President.”

THIS is what WE should be concerned with here. Who cares if a person is as easy on the eyes as [lefty] Olivia Wilde? The end result is the same policy beliefs.

Remember it was not too long ago when our side was inflamed because of the attacks on Sarah H. Sanders appearance at that WH Correspondent’s Dinner. It is what is INSIDE that counts!

Pr vbs 31:10 ¶ Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
          11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
          12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life…..

• snailmailtrucker says:

Seeya !

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Yes – I think China and Canada are cooking something up, and it’s not meth for them – it’s sugar for MAGA’s gas tank.

I do agree with kathyca that Chrystia’s appearance reflects badly on her judgment in OUR movie, but the more subtle point is that it DOES NOT do so in the movie audience of socialist youth, who seem to think it makes her one of them.

That is more alarming. I tend to think that SHE is the ValJar of Baby Castro. Her Rhodes Scholarship is significant, like Susan Rice. I think she’s the brains of their operation. She looks life-long groomed as much as Baby Castro. I think she’s less the goofy sidekick and more the hardcore socialist plotter we have to deal with.

• Larry says:

Rhodes scholars would have difficulty graduating from Boston College with an economics degree, let alone international relations.

• soozword says:

Really? My old boyfriend before I got married was in a top finalist group for a Rhodes scholarship years ago. He didn’t win due to West Point demerits but ended up graduating from Harvard with a MS in physics. He financed grad school by making a mint in the Las Vegas casinos playing blackjack since he had a photographic memory and could count cards (Hollywood movie made a few years ago with very similar story). The casinos eventually caught on and he had to stop but at least he got them to indirectly pay for his Harvard education. Smartest, most charming person I have ever known.

• Daniel M. Camac says:

Wolfmoon, Please elaborate if you can. I remember either SD or another site suggesting the same China-Canada GOTCHA moment but the details elude me. I’d like to know who gave China the better “backdoor” advantage, Canada or Mexico. Maybe then it would be more clear.

• Liberty Forge says:

I agree. Chrystia’s physical appearance is completely immaterial Please let it go.

What matters is how we are witnessing a media — in this case, Canadian — taking the reins and shaping the narrative.

See? It is the media narrative. The media controls things.

Good luck convincing people to throw their TV out the door. It will not happen.

• Liberty Forge says:

Heck — I will reply to myself — as my comment did not end up where I expected that it would.

My point is — those who are focused on Chystia’s appearance — should let that go. It matters not what the woman looks like. It is meaningless.

What is important is what she & Justine (yep — I added an “e” — he needs it) — what is important is what — what — what — they are trying to do.

Stay focused.

• MarcusZ1967 says:

See to Small Dead Animals for a take from the other side of Canada….

• Daniel M. Camac says:

Marcus***, Thanks for the link. We in America know exactly how it feels to see the Communists take over printed media and now being caught trying the same on social. Good God! Where are the Canadien Mounties? They need to amass, ride up to Ottawa and deliver a pile of horse manure on the steps and poke a sign in it saying, “Sois parti bastards!” With only 2 years of French (in public school) and 47 years ago that’s the best I got. Au Revoir

• Rose says:

Really as a Canadian and a female she makes the choice to wear clothing ten sizes to small for herself so those remarking on her poor clothing choices have a valid right to mock the Chunky monkey wearing clothing way to small.

• Tall Texan says:

Sorry, I spent decades playing by the “gentlemanly rules” of conservative political engagement and communications and it got us libtard lite. NEVER AGAIN, NEVER MORE! I am more than certain our VSGPDTP agrees…

• GB Bari says:

Agree 100% with that. We can and should harshly criticize her for her dangerously dumb Leftwing policies and ideals since those are what threaten Canadians’ future, not her lack of good taste in clothing.

• convert says:

YES> THIS!!!

• Indimex says:

To some extent, I agree with you. I have always cringed at the awful things said about Michelle. On the other hand, like Michelle, she is a public figure with hideously awful fashion taste, that the press is continually fawning over. I’m certain that most of us here understand that what’s dangerous about her is not her Lena Dunham figure or her fashion sense. Although I do believe that a woman willing to go in public dressed the way she does is purposeful and telling. She’s daring people to criticize her appearance so she can claim they’re sexist and not taking her seriously. I think it’s also an indication of delusion and a clear sign that she has no genuine friends.

• boogywstew says:

Let’s say half the Treepsters are women. How many of them are comparable to Ms. Freeland in appearance? Odds are a few aren’t even as attractive as Ms. Freeland. If there is ever a national get together of Treepsters, how many women would never show up because they could never live up to some impossible standard. Ms. Freeland has no fashion sense but her looks are fair … probably where most of us fall on a scale of 1 – 10.

• Elizabeth Carter says:

GB Bari
          Chrystia cannot be reached on a logical level. She has been brainwashed and lives in an echo chamber. It is very clear in the feminist video above. Criticizing her appearance is a way of making her feel insecure. Insecure people come across as less powerful. It is the same reason that TrueDope is criticized for his dancing and silly socks.

Chrystia thinks she is someone special and calling her Barnie etc., throws her off balance. She is wearing a black dress and longer skirt in the picture above which means that something is getting to her. That is a start.

It is not a matter of disrespect for her. It is a matter of getting people to look at her with less confidence.

President Trump has white hair. He is not orange at all and he is certainly not stupid. The Communist/Globalist MSM use a special camera lens to make him appear orange. It can pick him out by facial recognition and stay focused on him every time he is in the screen shot to create this effect. It is an old Soviet method of making him less appealing. I always notice if the men around him like Pence etc. have orange hair and skin also. The Communist/Globalists want Pence in charge because they can control him. I have never seen a picture of Pence with orange hair. I have never seen a picture of the Globalist Chamber of Commerce leader with orange skin or hair because he is one of their own also.

One thing that really concerns me is that the White House photographers often use this method on President Trump also. I always notice and I think he needs to eliminate anyone from that position who is doing this to him. They are subversive.

I am a woman and I judge women ( and everyone else for that matter ) on their ability to add to the conversation or the negotiation. If their only ability is to virtue signal or claim respect they have never earned just because they are born a certain gender or a particular skin color, I have no respect for them at all.

When Chrystia gets up and says, ” Please forgive me. I have been used to hurt Canada by people who hate President Trump. I am willing to negotiate on behalf of Canada to benefit Canada and not to benefit my Globalist mentors.”; I will reconsider her as a player and won’t care what she wears or what she looks like at all. Until she has some substance inside, picking on the outside is fair game.

• The Defiant One says:

It’s great you’re defending Freeland… I only wished Liberals would castigate other Liberals for attacking the looks of President Trump or our First Lady.

But at the end of the Day Freeland wants to drive jobs out of the USA to Canada. At the end of the Day Freeland is attempting to interfere with our Midterms.

There was an old saying “Stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.”. These Progressives want to BREAK OUR BONES even if we do the whole “Lose with Honor” bit that Republican are famous for.

Also what any Poster posts IS THEIR OPINION… not on Sundance or Adrem.

• GB Bari says:

Please read the first sentence of the second paragraph my original post. I am not sure how anyone could accurately suggest I’m defending Chrystia Freeland.

• The Defiant One says:

You know I just rewrote my reply, because it might be as interpreted as “not of the caliber that Sundance has promoted and set by example.”

Also its intonation might be misinterpreted and you GB Bari are a decent person, so I stopped, because you and I are on the same side. We’re both trying to MAGA, and both of us want what’s best for America. Freeland doesn’t– she wants MAGA crushed, she wants unbridled Globalism.

Freeland at the end of the doesn’t care if we call her [insert colorful observation], because our opinions to her are viewed as that of vile deplorable that need to be silence and destroyed even if we do play nice and never say a color insulting observation, ie Google, Twitter, Youtube.

• donna kovacevic says:

GB Bari. Chrystia is an idiot and an ugly one, we say that here in Canada all the time and worse. To make fun of her appearance is better than to make fun of the grey matter in her brain which she has none.The Bimbo can’t make any decisions that is why she flew back the other day to confer with Justine and others in Saskatoon. No we the Canadian people do NOT think President Trump is the biggest threat that is pure BS. We have known for a long time the Trudope government is incompetent and we can’t wait to vote them out in October 2019. Canada loves PDJT. God Bless PDJT!!! BTW nobody watches the CBC and we don’t believe a word they say.

• AngelOnejudicial says:

I actually feel sorry for her (image wise) somebody needs to get that woman a stylist. There’s ways to cleverly hide flaws and emphasize assets, she’s doing the opposite while representing the Canadian people on the global stage.

• ATheoK says:

What?
      Is her mouth pregnant?

• kea says:

LOL who’s the daddy? I mean first its barney’s sister, then a radish…. yikes. Buy this women a mirror!!!

2. FofBW says:

What they gonna say when ours and Mexico’s economies are soaring?!

They can say the bad potus did it only so long.

Treudeu, “but Obama said it would work!”

• MM says:

BHO is exactly where Justin from Canada is getting his advice from……….

• Rhoda R says:

Trudeau doesn’t care – the 2019 elections will have already happened at that point and by the time the Canadians realize they’ve been sold a bag of horse manure Trudeau will have imported enough middle easterners to dominate the political landscape.

• sadsack says:

Rhoda, your statement is true. Most of the refugees and illegal aliens were placed in Quebec or Ontario. I believe this was a purposeful decision made by Trudeau since those 2 provinces control the election results.

I hate to harp since I posted this information many times before but Ontario and Quebec have more seats than the other 8 provinces and territories combined. It is no accident that the refugees and illegal aliens were placed in these 2 provinces.

I find it ironic that Trudeau has told us that we do not have a Canadian culture and we have a post Canadian culture, yet he is claiming that he must protect Canadian cultural identity.

He spends a lot of time in mosques shoring up the middle eastern vote. Islam is the second largest religious group in Canada . Our immigration Minister is a Somalian refugee. The head of our defence is Harjit Sajjan, an immigrant from India. I could go on but you get the idea.

• fleporeblog says:

That is exactly what will happen!

I have been sharing that you can’t speak with these MORONS. You have to destroy them!

This POS and her PM are going to see what life is like post NAFTA. Our President is going to do everything in his power to bring our companies home.

They can absolutely kiss their Auto Sector goodbye. 160K Canadians working in the Auto Sector can thank these two POS that they elected.

They better have enough cows 🐄 for them to milk 🥛 in order for them to work. Canada 🇨🇦 is heading towards a major recession.

This little stunt on Monday will cause that recession to happen sooner rather than later.

To think this POS would do this in the middle of negotiations and join a panel that lumps our beloved President with people like Putin, Maduro, Kim Jung un, etc. is beyond MORONIC.

In life you reap what you sow! The Canadians elected these POS. They have no one but themselves to blame.

Our President will smile and tell their PM that it isn’t personal, it is BUSINESS!

AMERICA FIRST & FOREVER!

These graphs are only going to get worse!

• fleporeblog says:

I have been saying for the past 6 months to keep an eye on the Toyota Factory! They will be one of the first to leave. PM Abe of Japan 🇯🇵 understands what moving that factory from Canada 🇨🇦 to the USA 🇺🇸 means for our President and our country. Our President is eliminating their biggest threat in the region, North Korea 🇰🇵. This will be his gift to our President.

From the article linked above:

More than half of the RAV4 are imported from Japan, while the rest are made in Canada

TOKYO— Toyota Motor Corp. TM -0.74% said Wednesday that its shipments from Japan to the U.S. rose 22% in April, highlighting the problem it faces if the Trump administration makes good on threats to impose higher tariffs on imports.

The problem is crystallized in one model: the RAV4 sport-utility vehicle. It is the most popular Toyota among American consumers—and none are made in the U.S. More than half are imported from Japan, while the rest are made in Canada and imported tariff-free under the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Earlier this month, the Trump administration said it was considering a plan that would increase tariffs on cars and car parts, citing national security concerns, with possible duties on automobile imports of up to 25%.

The Multinational Auto Sector will scream and complain and our President will put out a similar tweet.

• Coldeadhands says:

3. Anon says:

The Globalist agenda calls for abolishing industry anyway so Justin is speeding things along. What Justin and the fat dwarf chick know for certain is that in the Globalist future there will be a ruling class and there will be the ruled. So from their perspective it’s a win win. Serve their masters and reserve their spot in the new ruling class.

4. Joe says:

I have two clients in Western New York.

Both the same type of enterprise.

One relies on about 50% of his revenues from Ontario Canadians. The other ignores the Canadian market.

Guess which one is having a stellar year? Guess which one is nearly out of his mind in panic?

My advice, was not to rely on JT, but Trump when targeting customers. I said it exactly like that too.

Feel like a genius, but really all I do is follow the Treehouse.

5. Deplorably99 says:

Canada will wake up one morning and say what have we done😱 Justin has screwed the pooch and we let him!! Sad

6. Sentient says:

Canadians are getting what they voted for – good & hard.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Just like we received with BHO. His “legacy” is metastasized socialist cancers throughout our Republic’s government that we have to excise. PDJT has the right “surgeons” in place to do the job. Some wear wolverine outfits around here….

• Plain Jane says:

We know because we lived it for too long. Hopefully PT will help our friends in Canada vote more wisely next time.

• Daniel M. Camac says:

PJ, sure but let’s get our country under control first, ok? When you have top ranking Senators (DiFi Constein) on committees that are supposed to protect us dropping “anonymous” accusations of sexual inappropriateness against Kavanaugh at the 11th hour when she supposedly had info since July? We need to get OUR house in order first. If the Commies (Left) wanna play dirty, then dirty we shall play? RELEASE THE FISA’S, ALL THE TEXTS AND EVERYTHING ON WIENER’S LAPTOP! Then we talk.

7. swwilkins says:

I’m beginning to think it’s not about changing peoples minds with truth, but rather acknowledging what we are up against.

I have never met anyone as hateful as the people from the left I’ve met. They hide behind the moral angle, but this is generally just used to gain control.

This is why I respect Trump’s approach. He really just calls the left for what they are. He knows they do not care about the truth, so rather than engage in that fruitless battle, he points out exactly what the left is doing. Folks can then choose to believe the lie, knowing it’s been exposed, or not.

Most recent example is the death toll in Puerto Rico propaganda out of the left. Yes the 3000 number is deceitful, it implicitly shows a lack of consideration for the truth,… so Trump skips pointing out the truth in laborious form and rather than just goes after exactly what the left is doing. Making things up to hurt him.

I think a lot of people on the right still believe that everybody else also cares about the truth. Acknowledging they don’t care about the truth is pretty important, as they will use your own rules (truth) against you while they are free to make things up.

It is hard to acknowledge that a lot of people do not actually care about the truth, they care about their power and their power only.

• Talk at any length with a committed liberal lefty and the truth of your statement becomes plain. They care nothing for the truth. Now ya know not only what PT is dealing with, but who…the father of lies.

• For the everyday Jane & Joe Leftist it’s not directly about power, it’s about the superiority they feel when they spew out all the virtue signals that they’ve been programmed to believe and repeat, like the good little sheeple they’ve become. The “kind and caring” zeitgeist has been used as a weapon against people, blocking their use of logic and reason.

• favill says:

Well said. I am a Canadian. I have served my country as a soldier since I was 19 (I am 52 now). Up until I was in my early 40s, I honestly believed that Lefties just didn’t know the truth and when I showed them the error of their views they would change their minds. Unfortunately, they are mired in their beliefs. It is a religion to them…and they sacrifice babies to it. God bless, Pres Trump for shining a light on these truly evil people. The last time I felt like this about any country’s leader was when Pres Reagan was in office–I was in my early 20s then but I saw through my university prof’s disrespect (he referred to Pres Reagan and “Ronnie Raygun”)…Just reinforced my belief that many university profs are out to lunch (more so today than 35 years ago). I hope and pray for my country, Canada, that someone like Pres Trump–a total outsider with nothing to gain but the everlasting gratitude of a beleaguered populace who have been abused and exploited by their political “masters” and their cronies the “elites” of society–will run, win, and bring back some semblance of what we Canadians have lost since the 1960s.

• Dutchman says:

“Why else would they be doing what they’re doing (if not deliberately sabotaging trade deal with U.S.?”

Ahhhh,..because they are STUPID!

Actually, it’s BOTH. In all things Trump vs. Elitists, we see the elitists cutting off their nose, to spite their face, trashing their own credibility while enhancing their opponent,..in short acting STUPID.

This is cause you have to be STUPID, to begin with, in order to buy into the elitist ideology. Hence while ‘Trump’ IS a Very Stable Genius, it sure doesn’t hurt that his opponents are all idiots!

8. Niagara Frontier says:

My friend has a daughter attending a small college north of Toronto. Last year the political science department offered a semester long class titled “Democracy in the Age of Trump.” There were waiting lists to get into the course.

Manny is correct about the Canadian media. Living on the border I get to see it. TDS is an epidemic through large parts of Canada thanks to the government and the controlled media.

• TheWanderingStar says:

I wonder if their polling is as corrupt as ours is in the US? It’s hard for me to believe that 73% of Canadians are “Extremely Concerned” or “Very Concerned” about our President. But, maybe so.

• Niagara Frontier says:

Remember that a majority of Canadians live within 100 miles of the U.S. border, so they are exposed not only to the anti-Trump Canadian media, but the 24/7 anti-Trump American media as well.

They get a double dose of hate and disinformation.

• sadsack says:

CNN looks like pro-Trump compared to our media. I kid you not!

• Daniel M. Camac says:

SS, That is a scary fact. VSGPDJT is very good President but he isn’t a God. Praying to a higher power isn’t a bad idea at this point.

9. scrap1ron says:

So what did the Deep State promise Justin?

• TheLastDemocrat says:

This is it. JT is acting on behalf of someone. I suspect China.

They are wrapping it all in Social Justice so Canadians don’t object.

• TarsTarkas says:

Nah. I think he’s a true believer. In the circles he intellectually wants to travel in, tanking the manufacturing and mining sectors will be good for Canada because doing so combats global warming, reduces damage to the environment, and allows people to do what they want to do instead of what they have to do (on someone else’s tab, of course).

10. Jay Currie says:

It is a time honoured Canadian election trope to run against the Yankees. But only Justin is dumb enough to actually poke the bear on issues where the bear can poke back.

Canadians are absolutely right to be concerned about Trump. Not because he’s a Tyrant, or a populist or an amazingly successful President; rather because he is in a position where he can devastate the Canadian economy with a stroke of his pen.

A tariff on cars coming from Canada would be the effective end of the Canadian automotive industry. If cars made in Canada are tariffed going into their major market why would anyone choose to build cars in Canada? Ever? Once that enters the calculation US car companies, foreign – ie German and Japanese and Korean – car companies and, realistically, Canadian auto parts companies will all close shop in Canada and move operations to the US.

And they won’t come back.

We’re hooped.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“dumb enough to actually poke the bear on issues where the bear can poke back.”

2Kings 2:23 And he [Elisha] went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

• Rose says:

Jay have you noticed our local papers carry more Anti-Trump AP articles than they do on Canadian issues. My paper is full of Trump hatred accompanied by hateful cartoons making fun of Trump and the letters to the editor are dozens of anti-Trump is destroying democracy tripe. It appears the MSM are colluding with the Liberals in setting the Anti-Trump narrative for Justine.

• Daniel M. Camac says:

DanO64, you made me spill my wine and that is the best compliment I could give any GOOD comedian. Oh how I enjoy memories of the good ole days. Thanks for a real belly laugh. And Czar isn’t far behind cuz South Park has been killing it for years. Oh my God, they killed Kenny. No dear, that was Kennedy.

11. trialbytruth says:

Thanks for the eyes on this Sundance

12. Caius Lowell says:

I used to marvel at how leftists ignored reality, but then one day I realized that the denial of reality is the very definition of leftism. Denial of reality is their core competency, and people buy it! Ever hear of the “fact-value” distinction? “Value” is another word for “denial of reality”! But reality doesn’t sell because life is hard, so conservatives should stop wanting to be like because — it ain’t gonna happen!

• Dutchman says:

Elitism only appeals to people who feel marginalised by the existing system.

It then promises to right their percieved wrongs. Islamism or marxism, same difference. It then used a false ideology, to con the useful idiot masses into supporting it, even though, EVERY TIME IN HISTORY, it fails to deliver, over the long term, it’s promise.

Unfortunately, people who are ‘aggreived’ feel a strong emotion, and strong emotions shut down logical thinking.

So, you can not use logic to persuade those with TDS to see the error of their thinking. NO amount of logic will suffice.

• GB Bari says:

Elitism only appeals to people who feel marginalised by the existing system.

How in the world can Silicon Valley and Multinational Corporate tycoons feel “marginalized” by the existing system in this country?
        They control much of the existing system!
        They’ve corrupted the previously successful American system to reflect their dangerously shortsighted Globalist / Leftwing ideologies!
        They’ve purchased the loyalty of our politicians through shocking and brazen levels of graft.

They are elitists because they know in their hearts and minds they are superior to the masses who aren’t as rich and powerful. They are smug elitists because they have been accepted into and mentored by the closed small society of like-minded elitists whose collective wealth and influence reinforces their feelings of superiority over the rest of the worlds masses. The elitist bubble protects and perpetuates all thinking within.

Most of the people who really feel marginalised by the existing system become the easy targets of the elitists. The disaffected are persuaded to perform the footwork of creating chaos and discord in the society that the elitists want to disrupt, change, and control.

• JMC says:

Leftism is an ideology. To ideologists, the “idea” is real, reality can be dispensed with.

• I have some family members who are leftists. I noticed years ago how they love, love, love to talk about doing something. That is the key, not the doing, the ability to use the highest level of language, sounding very knowledgeable, about anything.

Conservatives for the most part, just do. Get it done. I think that to some degree explains why we are considered less intelligent by leftists: we don’t spend all day blowing our own horn.

• Maxi Dean says:

They were not prepared for the renegotiation of NAFTA.
      For some reason they were sure Hillary would be president.

13. kathyca says:

I know people are joking about her appearance and clothing choices, but it’s not funny, imo. You seriously cannot trust the judgment of someone who consciously and consistently appears that way in public. 🙂

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Agreed. But this is typical programming. These immature, narcissistic “leaders” are very interesting constructions. They have to try to be youthful, to connect with their young power-base of socialist juvenile thinkers. The fake news media manages and frames their final appearance so that they never appear dopey to their base. The cheers at that conference – GROAN!!! Freeland will never appear wrong to the socialist masses. She could wear a cardboard box, and the articles would appear – “Chrystia Goes Edgy To Confront Trump”.

• Joe says:

It’s extremely odd, given her position.

Both her & JT seem to have no self awareness.

JT’s antics in India was cringe worthy.

• It’s the outward manifestation of poor reality testing, sort of a warning buoy effect.

• Rose says:

She wears clothing that scream’s size four when she’s obviously a size 12 or larger.

14. Bone Fish says:

Isn’t Ottawa Justin nothing more than her majesty’s spokesman?

15. Once Justin and Chrystia are done negotiating, we’ll be making so much money on tariffs and new manufacturing jobs that the campaign slogans practically write themselves!

“Vote Trudeau and Make America Great Again”

I’m sure President Trump will be more than happy to let him use it… for a small fee. 😉

• czarowniczy says:

Or those: “Vote Trudeau and Make Mexico Great Again” posters.

• Rhoda R says:

The irony is that there is a very real possibility that Canada and Mexico will swap First World and Third World status.

• czarowniczy says:

Mexico seems to be stuck in that same rut just about all of the Spanish speaking countries in the New World have. Canada has a lot of European in it as well as immigrants there who have a real work ethic and a desire to get ahead.
          Then again I’m looking at it from a Euroracist viewpoint so it doesn’t matter.

• I was thinking the same thing Rhoda R.

I know many do not believe it but as you say I think there is a very real possibility that Canada and Mexico will swap First World and Third Word status.

If Canada does not straighten up they are going to throw away generations of very hard work.

Trudeau and Freeland are just about to send Canada into an economic spiral that it might take decades to recover from, if the Country ever can.

Mexico,on the other hand is just about to jump into the 21st century and start lifting a lot of their citizens out of poverty.

16. modsquad says:

This is never taught in any Canadian schools, at any level:

——
    The British North America Act (1867), now known as the Constitution Act:

III. Executive Power
    9. The Executive Government and Authority of and over Canada is hereby declared to continue and be vested in the Queen.

——

Statute of Westminster (1931)

2. (2) No law and no provision of any law made after the commencement of this Act by the Parliament of a Dominion shall be void or inoperative on the ground that it is repugnant to the law of England, or to the provisions of any existing or future Act of Parliament of the United Kingdom, or to any order, rule, or regulation made under any such Act, and the powers of the Parliament of a Dominion shall include the power to repeal or amend any such Act, order, rule or regulation in so far as the same is part of the law of the Dominion.

England didn’t fight the French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Americans and Indians for 300 years just to turn Canada over to a smattering of Loyalists. It’s theirs, and always has been. Until the Statute of Westminster (1931) all legislation from the Parliament of Canada had to pass the Parliament of England before becoming law in Canada. By coincidence, the Bank of Canada was formed in 1931, thereby negating England’s need to micromanage her Canadian asset now that its wealth could be controlled and extracted through one umbrella system.

Justin Trudeau, just like his father and every other Canadian Prime Minister who’s served, is the house manager for the City-of-London-Boys™. If they tell him to burn everything to the ground as a means of controlling Trump, then he’ll burn everything to the ground. Trump isn’t fucking things up for the Atlantean inbreds by booting out a few spies and corrupt politicians. He’s going after the private central banking network that spans the globe, and he has the U.S. military and its intelligence networks behind him. The very systems the bankers built to protect themselves from the huddled masses is being used against them.

Trudeau’s a puppet. It doesn’t matter what he does, it won’t save him or his masters.

17. Donna in Oregon says:

Even when the USA was bleeding out jobs and money all around the world we weren’t respected or liked.

Can’t buy friendship. Real friendship doesn’t cost trillions.

We are $21 Trillion in debt. All tapped out……

The USA government I look forward to is the one that doesn’t start the Arab Spring or interfere in Israeli elections or give weapons and sanctuary to Drug Cartels, al-Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood, and ISIS. The USA government that doesn’t give foreign aid to countries that hate us or can afford to take care of their own problems.

I support the USA government of Donald J. Trump where we mind our own business, take care of our own citizens, and fix our own country.

• Diane says:

When will we see that style of Trump government?? I would love to see it myself! Like how about deploying US troops on the Southern border??

• GB Bari says:

PDJT is certainly trying to change from the Neocon interventionist thinking but there is a reality that our USA interests truly do not stop at our borders.

For example, we cannot allow NK to develop nuclear missiles while we mind our own business and simply wait for the warheads to come screaming down at us from space. hence PDJT getting involved with NK and China. Same goes with Iran – hence PDJT’s strategy to get involved with Iran.

We cannot allow hostile entities to disrupt routes of trade on which we and other nations are dependent since we cannot grow or mine everything we need from within our borders. So our foreign relations via our President along with our State Dept., backed up by our military, help maintain those trade routes by our getting involved with nations that have similar interests and also with those hostile actors who threaten those freedoms.

And we cannot ignore our southern and northern neighbors if we see them becoming dangerously leftwing and a threat to our security, especially via bad economics.

18. clipe says:

Navigate to the National Post owned Financial Post’s opinion page.

No TDS there.

19. czarowniczy says:

Then again maybe the Canadian government knows the deal’s something they can’t swallow and is using the ‘feminism’ aspect as part of its CYA program. It can tell the folks that there was a Canadian-beneficial deal it wrung out of the reactionary Trump but it collapsed when Trump refused to accept the part about not selling Canadian women to Mideast oil sheikhs.

20. TheWanderingStar says:

The eggplant and the fruit are soon to be consumed.

I wish PDJT would just say, “C’est la vie.”

21. I used to like Canadians, but this is definitely changing my opinion of them.

22. alliwantissometruth says:

One would think when people look at history, they’d realize socialism / communism is bad & doesn’t work

One would think after eight years of Obama’s degradation of our economy & system, people would see what President Trump has accomplished for the American people & realize his way works in their interests

Yet so many don’t realize these in your face facts, & they’re the ones who give power to the resistors & the leftist nitwit leaders. They’re the ones hindering great progress for people worldwide

Why is that?

The answer is our absolute surrender to the radical leftist control of our schools & our children’s minds

All of the resistors, (not the older establishment) all of the snowflakes, all the up & coming leftist radical “leaders”, all are a product of the lefts brainwashing & indoctrination. Absolute & total mind control, & it’s working

If our schools were under local control / parent control, none of this bull**** would be happening

Until we truly realize the globalists have installed the radical left into our school systems, this will be an ongoing battle, & a war we’ll ultimately lose

No one in leadership talks about this subject, yet it’s the biggest weapon the globalist / radical left has against us.They just keep using it while we fight battle after battle

We’d all better wake up & solve it soon

23. trapper says:

Do not underestimate Trudeau. This is no accident. Trudeau has a plan and it goes well beyond just scuttling the NAFTA negotiations to win an election. It is ideological. It is globalist. It is anti-nationalist. He is a citizen of the world, NOT Canada. His vision is global and he views the global population as groups of races and homelands, not nations. Canada must disappear. The United States must disappear. They as nations are just leftover anachronisms. He is on the RIGHT side of history. WE aren’t.

So ….. it is not that he doesn’t care about losing Canadian auto sector jobs or pipeline jobs. He doesn’t WANT those jobs. He WANTS them gone from Canada, because they are dirty, environmentally abhorrent, industrial jobs, not suitable for a majority world population. He still believes the fairy tale of the post-industrial economy that he thinks he is ushering in for Canada in its final stages as a nation.

Sure it is lunacy. But you better pay attention, because they believe this shit, as does Obama and his crew, and they will destroy their countries if they are allowed to. THEY are the tyrants, because they never asked if this is what anyone wants. The globalist tyrants know best.

• pyromancer76 says:

Evil, utopian, purist marxist religion. When you “got religion” of the purist variety, there is no reality except your own. Anyone who disagrees or thinks a different thought should be exterminated. A better term for it is sociopathy, and when it wields political power it can be lethal to life.

• Jenny R. says:

In their view all the dirty “bad” jobs will move out of their pristine environment to be done by dirty little people somewhere far away, for a pittance of gruel and a free hovel, until such time as automation can do their jobs for them. And anyone not in their club and not necessary for the dirty “bad” jobs will be done away with — because they are dirty little vile people and as such mess up the “beautiful” people’s groove.

The beautiful people will then have run of the world, and it shall be their playground and garden of earthly delights (see Hieronymous Bosch for a feel of what it will really be).

And they believe this and love this to the last little toenail on their bodies, and they will work for it to be so until their last dying breath.
      And that is why these folks are dangerous.

24. trapper says:

Justin and Chrystia

25. Percent of the time that PDJT thinks (cares) about Canadians hating him = 0%.

26. Donna in Oregon says:

Note: USA and Japan auto sector, Canada on the backburner……

“Why the new TPP will boost Canada’s automotive sector”

Currently, only U.S. and Japanese auto makers are manufacturing light-duty motor vehicles in Canada for both domestic and export markets. As U.S. auto makers in Canada have had the benefit of duty-free treatment particularly from their home market since the 1965 Auto Pact, Canada should also extend the same duty-free treatment to Japanese auto makers in Canada, who now represent 43 per cent of total light-vehicle production in Canada.

27. Nigella says:

My advice…. Move on without them

28. Angel Martin says:

I don’t think this is going to work for Trudeau, politically.

In 1971, Trudeau tried to get an exemption from the tariffs that were part of the Nixon Shock. He didn’t get it.

in the 1972 election he campaigned to “distance” Canada from th USA. But it didn’t work and he went from a huge majority to a minority gov’t.

29. AngelOnejudicial says:

That graph polling showing Canadians being led into outrage over Trump is infuriating.

What will it take for western people to wake up to the media-uniparty game? It’s been apparent for years they manipulate folks into rage over social & non issues while simultaneously getting them to ignore the actual issues facing us. Make Trump the issue not failing economies or unfettered immigration it’s as predictable democrats whipping up their base on irrelevant “social” issues every election

30. History Teaches says:

Just remember.

Canada elected Steven Harper multiple times, and he had a ten year run. Conservatism exists, even though there is a wide apectrum.

The GOPE version historically was called ‘Progessive Conservatives.’ the more right wing purists formed the ‘Reform Party’ through Preston Manning’s efforts. They were mostly a western based group, and we’re derided and mocked mercilessly by the vast majority of the Eastern Canadian MSM.

Say what you will about Harper, but he had the fortitude and patience to ‘unite the right’ and merge the two factions into the present day Conservatives.

The preceding Liberal governments of Chretien and Martin were so scandal ridden and corrupt that Harper was able to engineer a smart campaign and take advantage of the backlash.

As in America, the Canadian MSM create the illusion that Liberals are the vast majority. It isn’t so cut and dry. Ontario and Quebec are their power base, but even there things haven’t been so doctrinaire.

Scandals and bad government have consequences even in Liberal strongholds. The socialist provincial government of Ontario was so horrid that even the despised Doug Ford won power. And in Quebec an entire bag of local, linguistic and cultural issues make it very volatile. A once dominant radical separatist governing party (Bloc Quebecoise) were reduced to near non existence. And there is a long existing Conservative presence, though filtered through convoluted shifts and alliances.

It gets more complex when the other regions and issues are factored in, but conservatism in a Canadian form is not a lost cause.

I think that Trudeau will eventually be revealed as such a disaster that the same revolt that the Chretien era brought on will sweep his band of idiots away. But it will take the pain and disgust of average people to see beyond ideology, hair, socks and an iconic father. And develop a smidgen of cynicism about what the media narrative will be. Also, the opposition needs to up it’s game severely. They have no one close to Harper in terms of strategy, doggedness and shrewdness.

We shall see how this story plays out. I personally have some financial interests in Canada, bit would be willing to endure short term pain for longer term gain.

31. gda says:

i have no idea whether this is mere propaganda or not but I did hear three interesting things in the last couple of days from Canadian sources:

1. Former PM Brian Mulroney has been advising Canadian negotiators
    2. Canada is resigned to having to “bend the knee”
    3. The ink on the Agreement is practically dry

Perhaps this appearance is just a petulant reaction to adults taking the rein?

Wishful thinking?

• Sunshine says:

Wishful thinking. Mulroney expressed his desire to meet with higher-ups, I think Lighthizer. But Lighthizer doesn’t waste his time with secondary players. If Mulroney had influence, it would be seen in Freeland. Mulroney is only a prop used to make their efforts seem genuine.

32. Rose says:

The dimwitted duo think he can run on an election Campaign blaming Trump for destroying Nafta when those two are open about sabotaging the talks to ensure their is no agreement. They really think we the people are beyond stupid, yes liberals are that stupid.

33. fredh49 says:

The dresses Chrystia from Canada wears are not attractive. I think she should give Hillary a call for some fashion tips.

34. Larry says:

Do you know what Trudeau’s TOP PRIORITY was during the Lieberal retreat in Saskatoon?

His PHOTO-OP at the HUMBOLDT BRONCOS first home game. Imagine, One Hour away from Saskatoon was the focal point of Canada. He was planning to be at centre ice…

You know the schtick.

It didn’t happen. There was buzz in government relations circles yesterday afternoon that it was planned but the community politely declined his attendance.

In his stead, he sent a heartfelt text like all the other politicians did.

Talk about going back to regular programming.

35. Jeff says:

Those hips don’t lie.

36. jeans2nd says:

Justin from Canada has a wee bit Justin from Canada is covering up. Princess Rainbow Sparkles has lost a bit of her luster.

Amb Lighthizer put Canada on the “priority watch list” of Intellectual Property Theft, along with China and India, Apr 2018.

“The USTR (Amb Lighthizer) accused Canada of “failure to resolve key longstanding deficiencies in protection and enforcement,” including failing to police counterfeit or pirated goods traveling across the border and failing to prosecute violators.”

“A USTR official told reporters the US had “very serious concerns” with Canada’s intellectual property regime and “we want to see meaningful change.””

“The US also filed a complaint against that country (Canada) at the World Trade Organization.”

Seems there might be a bit more we are unaware with our so-called “partnership” with Canada.
    Wonder if Canadians know.

True socialists/communists – steal your neighbors blind then call them names and punish them severely when there is nothing left.

37. jsteele9 says:

The ongoing cyber link between the Last Refuge and Ezra and Manny is the best cross border “political partnership” happening right now. I love it.

Ezra and Manny (and CTH) are always a pleasant interlude for “viewers that can’t find thoughtful criticism in the media” as Ezra mentioned. They also can’t easily find factual reports on most or any of Trump’s great accomplishments.

If any of Trump’s positives do manage to pass through the MSM’s negative propaganda firewall and out to the general public, the media’s bizarre talking head panels and other charlatans hastily do their best to distort and downplay the positives and distract with something despicable that reeks of hate and malice.

Unfortunately, Fox’s prime time shows also concentrate more of their time on ensuring their viewers don’t miss one available video of an upsetting or infuriating incident of Dem hate and madness and other inanities rather than providing their viewers with more factual positives and some hope for the future rather than just a rational fear of a Dem takeover.

38. solomonpal says:

What do they have we need?

• GB Bari says:

More consumers. That’s about it.

• When I lived in Maine, people from Canada used to come down to vacation and go to department stores to stock up on clothing…yes , clothing. They would basically buy up the store. Why? Well, if you went up to Canada all of their clothing was this really super cheap synthetic garbage…horrible. Now of course it is just as bad here….well close to it…I spent months last year trying to find a pair of cotton pajamas….I finally found the only pair in Asheville. Nc in a Kohl’s store….do we no longer grow cotton? Or is that racist?

39. Sunshine says:

As a Canadian, I can confirm 90% of Canadians hate Trump. Why? Our media, radio – T.V.- and print. And few Canadians understand NAFTA. But they sure hate Trump.

• California Joe says:

All Justin and Co. want is to get reelected!

• gda says:

Yeah, I’m sad to say that’s true.

And really, it goes to the power of Social Media and the MSM (Canadian style). I can’t tell you how many of my “friends” are now former friends. Managed to keep my best friend (and best man) only because we avoid talking politics.

TDS is a very REAL thing.

At least my wife is fully MAGA.

40. Deplore Able says:

Hey Justin and Crystia, didn’t your parents ever tell you that it isn’t a good idea to pull a lion’s tail?
    Shoulda paid better attention.

41. kaste668 says:

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake. (Luke 6:22)

42. Old Lady says:

I can’t take that pair seriously.
    Unsightly knees should be covered, mam; a little super glue on that wayward brow, sir.

43. MLK says:

in a previous comment I noted that Justin and Chrystia wouldn’t be doing or saying anything differently if their intention was to sign on before the end of the month.

And, as I’m sure you agree, POTUS could not possibly care less what they say about him. Indeed, he has leveraged this sort of behavior to his advantage domestically. As for Canada — Justin and the rest of the kids, POTUS cares only about the trade deal. But what they have done by their politicization is allowed POTUS to discredit his US opponents of MAGA Trade.

I can explain this in detail but shouldn’t have to to this group.

Check out this bit of delusional desperation:

I really wish I could bet all of these people.

44. Stan says:

Populism = bad.
    Or at least that’s what the media wants us to believe.

45. James Hilton says:

Here’s the reason why Chrystia Freeland, Justin Trudeau and Theresa May are all progressives/neo-Marxists. The failure of socialism and the rise of it’s devastating replacement was played out most obviously in Britain. Old Labour in the shape of people like Neil Kinnock and Arthur Scargill were replaced in the early 1990’s with people who had gone through the university system during the previous two decades. A university system which had increasingly been taken over by neo-Marxists. These new leaders would come to be known as Blairites. They achieved huge electoral success as a result of them embracing capitalism and supposedly moving their New Labour party in the centre ground.

The Conservative Party responded by also supposedly moving into the centre ground after becoming universally known as the Nasty Party. In reality, the Blairites had moved Labour five steps to the right on economic policy and fifteen steps to the left on cultural policy. And the people now in control of the Conservative Party – with David Cameron as leader – took zero steps to the right on economic policy and twenty steps to the left on cultural policy. Cameron was known as the heir to Blair not just politically but ideologically. He had come through the same university system as Blair so they were ideological soul mates. Both main parties in Britain were now in the control of Blairites. And Theresa May is unquestionably one of them.

All determination as to the likely ideological stance of leaders in the West would now only make sense by looking at their views on cultural policy. Economic policy was now effectively irrelevant in making any type of judgement as to whether someone was on the left or right. But had this staggering ideological re-alignment just happening in Britain? For the most part our leaders are a product of the university system which shaped them and the ever changing position of the Overton window. But we know that neo-Marxists had been operating in elite circles on both sides of the Atlantic for decades so a person could easily be an indoctrinator or an indoctrinatee.

So for instance, it’s hard to know for certain if someone like George W Bush, who had surrounded himself with Blairites, had become a progressive/neo-Marxist as a result of indoctrination or because he was already hard-left learning on cultural issues. If I had to take a guess I would say that Freeland has been indoctrinated and Trudeau is a fully-fledged neo-Marxist.

46. I have family in Canada. They are fully aware of how much of a leftist squishy loser Trudeau is. Problem with Canada’s politics they tell me is: no electoral college so the large population centers (Montreal, Toronto, etc) overwhelm the vote of the rest of the country. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba are all salt of the earth types. The countryside is beautiful and full of natural resources. Politically, their only upside is that the provinces do maintain a great deal of autonomy….. but, make no mistake, there is a sizable chunk of the population there that sees straight through Justin Trudeau, hope they can rid themselves of this lightweight virtue signaler.

47. Q&A says:

By blocking the completion of their trade deal, not only will Trudeau and Co blame Trump, they will mock his negotiating skills. They never had any intention of agreeing to anything and are only dragging this out for show. Very Obama-esque.

48. mr.piddles says:

Everybody’s in black. It’s like a funeral around here.