Ahead of an upcoming trip by President Donald Trump, and against the backdrop of economic sanctions by Trump/Mnuchin and the U.N. toward North Korea, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson works on the “Magnanimous Panda” strategy within the Trump Doctrine.

The ‘Big Picture’ goal is for China to accept responsibility, publicly, for spearheading the denuclearizing program within an established “six party talk” framework.  China ultimately becoming the guarantor of a denuclearized DPRK, and President Trump stroking the Panda Fur (praise) while simultaneously controlling the amount of bamboo in the Beijing forest.  So far, things are proceeding swimmingly.

BEIJING (Reuters) – Chinese President Xi Jinping offered warm words for U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday, calling him a friend and saying he expected Trump’s visit to China in November would be “wonderful”.

China’s relationship with the United States has been strained by the Trump administration’s criticism of Chinese trade practices and by demands that Beijing do more to pressure North Korea to halt its nuclear weapons and missiles programs.

Xi and Trump met for the first time in person at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida in April. Trump has since played up his personal relationship with Xi, even when criticizing China over North Korea and trade.

Meeting U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson at Beijing’s Great Hall of the People, Xi said he had enjoyed his meetings with Trump and that the two had made considerable efforts to push the development of China-US relations.

“The two of us have also maintained a good working relationship and personal friendship,” Xi said, in comments in front of reporters.

“I believe that President Trump’s upcoming visit to China means an important opportunity for the further development of China-U.S. relations,” Xi added. “And I believe his visit will be a special, wonderful and successful one.”

In comments later reported by China’s Foreign Ministry, Xi added that cooperation was the only correct choice for both countries, whose common interests far outweighed their differences.

Both countries must “on the basis of respecting each other’s core interests and important concerns appropriately handle, via dialogue and consultations, differences and sensitive issues”, the statement cited Xi as saying.

Trump will travel to Asia in November for the first time since becoming president, stopping in Japan, South Korea, China, Vietnam and the Philippines on a trip expected to be dominated by the North Korea nuclear threat.

Tillerson told Xi that Trump and his wife Melania were looking forward to going to Beijing.  (link)

In a far more hilarious, albeit somewhat related “gaslighting” story, Breitbart News is now pushing a narrative that Steve Bannon is in control of the Trump policy toward China and that Donald Trump, then candidate Trump, now President Trump, had no idea about the risk presented by China until Steve Bannon educated Trump on the issue.  Seriously, I’m not kidding… they’re selling that as reality.

Breitbart is actually headlining a story that Donald Trump is “trying to catch up” to Steve Bannon. –SEE HERE–  Apparently, Breitbart is taking a break from bashing Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump in order to sell the story that Trump’s 30-year-old China policies all came from Steve Bannon.

I seem to remember a certain candidate Cruz who attempted to do the same “co-opting policy” approach after Ted Cruz realized that MAGA Trump was going to crush the nuttery of Cruzism in the 2016 primary.  The similarity makes sense when you consider that Steve Bannon worked for the campaign of Ted Cruz from June 2014 though May of 2016, and used the platform of Breitbart to push Ted Cruz in the 2015/2016 primaries.

[There are actually people trying to gaslight the historic reality of Steve Bannon’s relationship with Donald trump right now, and denying he was a participant in Cambridge Analytica, Robert Mercer and Breitbart user data interface. Unfortunately for them we lived it, and have it all well documented in-real-time, as it was happening, in ’14, ’15, and ’16.]

After watching the Alabama “clown show“, complete with voting by horse on election day, and watching the ridiculous stories told by Bannon in his over-the-top nonsensical Charlie Rose interview, all of the earlier suspicions of how and why a political opportunist named Steve Bannon left the White House are entirely confirmed.

I’m holding off going into too much detail on what is really going on in this dynamic as I do not want to interrupt the Pied Piper or the Potemkin village as it is being constructed.  Suffice to say, things are clearly not as they seem.

Remember the term “controlled opposition“, remind yourselves to be aware of professional gaslighting, and continually reference your familiarity with the stealth strategies of the America-Second controllers.  It’s also worthwhile reminding yourself of the Alex Castellanos political strategy.  … And, oh yeah, America-First ‘MAGA’ was never originated by the duplicitous political opportunist named Steve Bannon.

Just keep watching… it’s going to become more ludicrous, and more clear, as the months progress.

Trump playing catch up on China?…

Too funny.

This entry was posted in China, Decepticons, Deep State, Donald Trump, Israel, Ivanka Trump, Legislation, media bias, Melania Trump, Notorious Liars, President Trump, propaganda, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

175 Responses to “Magnanimous Panda” Diplomacy – Secretary Tillerson and Xi Jinping Hold Talks on North Korea…

1. Regina says:

• Regina says:

“We are probing, so stay tuned,” Tillerson said. “We can talk to them, we do talk to them directly, through our own channels,” adding that the U.S. has “a couple, three channels open to Pyongyang.”

• fedback says:

Would China prefer to enter a fruitful economic relationship with President Trump and the U.S or having Rocket Man ruining it.
      It’s not a difficult question

2. Wasn’t Bannon spotted leaving the White House without his coat the day he was ahhh, ‘let go’ ?

3. MM says:

My favorite cat says it all, the cat is on the money with this one!

4. ginaswo says:

There is *so much* happening, all of it *critical*. We are truly graced by God to have this kind of leadership at the time we need it most. #Grateful

5. POP says:

Consider, would any other President in living memory have moved to control China’s behaviour through economic leverage? Not a chance, the CoC and the “US Last” left bureaucracy would have bluffed anyone else but PTrump.
    When he succeeds the left crony media will declare China the world’s saviour due to its generous compassion vs the dangerous PTrump 😉
    There’s some space on Mt Rushmore I believe.

6. Colin Stent says:

I guess it’s not important whether an Australian fully understands the machinations of the US political game. I have enough trouble understanding the lunatics here. However, I have come to rely on this website to get the best perspective and for what I believe to be the truth. I feel for President Trump, so many bad dudes trying to tear down the president and his attempts to drain the swamp. The media seems to give credit to Kelly for the drop-off in leaks. I wonder whether it has more to do with Bannon and Priebus leaving the White House.
    Are Kelly and McMaster in the bad dudes camp?

• Markus says:

I hear you. I don’t know what country that is any more. It isn’t Australia that is for sure. I know that people everywhere are chafing under the draconian rules now affixed to everything-you should see the kids rugby league ground control rule book-but we really need a unifying source.

The muslims, the asians, the aussies, even the benefitted aboriginals; deep down teh majority knows or somehow feel that they have having BS rammed down their throats with tyrannical and infantile rules to regulate everything and promote absurdities but without a catalyst like Trump the nation is doomed to comtinue on its path of becoming something I know not.

• I think Bannon was responsible for the gossip type of leaks and the inhouse feuding types of leaks. I don’t really think Priebus was a leaker….just my opinion. Kelly is a good guy doing his job so lots of people say bad things about him because he controls the flow of people to the Oval Office, but that is his job. I have no opinion on McMaster, but others here don’t like him for various reasons. IMO, so far he is doing his job.

• Joseph Forgione says:

Colin, I agree with all you said. I wish we had someone in Australia, with the same leadership strength, and also someone who tries keep his promises to his base.

• Colin Stent says:

An Australian Trump, now that would be something. I couldn’t abide the guy in 2004 but the closest thing we have is Latham, I think.

• piper567 says:

for you Aussie friends…just remember how bad it had to become in USA before the people woke up and realized how bad it had become.
        While its true Trump is unique, a certain vision of the people is necessary in order for reality to be accurately assessed…and then responded to.
        We hope your people will be inspired by Trump, and pray you will hang in there…woke folks are a necessity…may you multiply in number.

• susanphd says:

how can anyone know who the “bad dudes” are when all we get is “fake news” and we’re not actually there to make our own observations? Gotta leave it up to Trump to decide. I do think Trump is a good judge of character. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a solid ally.

• kp3ace says:

Kinda why I believe a reliable news media is critical. We currently have online college and university classes, (separation of people) online K through 12 classes, email, cell phones, home delivery, and now driverless cars, and the list goes on. Divide and control!!!

• trgsupport says:

Colin, my sister in Memphis put me on to CTH in November ‘16, after the election. I’m a US expat living in Melbourne and I, like you, believe I’m getting a healthy serving of truth when I read through the articles and postings on this site. I’ve referred to this site as a Poli Sci Mastersclass and have learned so much over the last 10 months.

Thank you Sundance for everything you do!

• carrierh says:

Just want to welcome everyone from Australia and pray to God that help comes to your “once” great country as well. Hang in there and pray like crazy! Too bad your “former mother country” went down the road instead of listening to Churchill and Thatcher and now owned by muslims.

7. The Boss says:

I’ll take your word SD that Breitbart is pushing a ‘Steve Bannon is smarter than Trump’ line of BS. I haven’t clicked on Breitbart in months, and I’d like to keep my streak going.

8. Sam says:

So Bannon is just another grifter, although more sophisticated than some have been since he actually got a White House slot. Breitbart hasn’t been worth reading in many months. There are too many trolls and silly people there. It got worse when Bannon returned.

• Shirley32 says:

Why are the postors here even going on Breitbart and then coming here to complain about them? It’s getting old. Just boycott them and you won’t have anything to complain about. There are plenty of other subjects to discuss that have value. They have turned into nevertrumpers. Who needs them?

• Running Fast says:

Same can be said for MSM and the NFL… I don’t care what they say or do. We already know they hate the US and all of us.

• xyzlatin says:

Shirley32. The reason people ought to visit Breitbart is to see what they are up to, as Breitbart is very influential and in fact the top site of the “right” and Bannon is back at ceo.

Bannon and Breitbart just successfully supported a candidate against Trump’s candidate in the Alabama primary. Yesterday I wrote a big comment on here about what Bannon is up to, and my assessment is that they are trying to become the kingmakers of the Republican party. So it is important to know about this. I am so thankful Sundance has written up about this today. If I can find it, I will repost my post of yesterday here.

• gina says:

Maybe I’m missing something, but I thought it was a pretty good move in Alabama. Trump stumped for the establishment candidate, so he can tell the GOPe that he tried but the movement is bigger than him. He did them that favor, now they owe him to PASS A DAMN BILL! It also sends a message to the Dems that the voters are angry and they’re not going to stop with getting Trump in the WH. Bannon said only good things about Trump in Alabama. You don’t think this is a tag-team strategy?

• carrierh says:

gina, I got the feeling that if Trump supported Strange, the people would automatically vote for Moore, and people took this hook, line and sinker. Remember that Trump works in roundabout ways to get the right thing done. In any case, we got a republican who opens his mouth and says it like it is and that is a good thing.

• xyzlatin says:

No. Bannon says good things but his newspaper says nasty things. He is the supposed boss there. Bannon speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

” Breitbart hasn’t been worth reading in many months. There are too many trolls and silly people there. ”
      _____________________________________________________

It’s like Joe Dan over at Intellectual Froglegs said in the “Knee Jerks” video, something like, “Why keep going to Breitbart and Drudge when they mostly just link to articles at Fake News sites?”

Why keep feeding the monster?

• starfcker says:

I wouldn’t say Brannon is a grifter. I think he deeply hates the crony capitalist trans-national hijacking of our government. But he is from the reactionary, burn it down wing of the MAGA coalition. He wants what he wants, and he wants it today, and that’s a fine position until you stop to think, what does that leave us? We have a great system, the best ever created. It got hijacked by corrupt money worshippers. If Bannon were a nuke (level everything, poison the earth for years), Trump is a neutron bomb (get rid of the corruption and the amoral careerists, but leave the institutions intact), we’re going to need them to move forward. Bannon lost the argument. We’re not going to burn it down. We’re going to rebuild, from the inside. Not as instantly gratifying, or viscerally satisfying, but a much better result for the country. Trust Trump. Bannon will come around. And he may be useful attacking the GOPe.

• starfcker says:

If Bannon wants to lead, he needs to run for President. I spend white a bit of time in a rowdy libertarian site, and the easiest comeback to that crowd is always, those ideas attract 2% of voters. So those ideas must suck. Trust me, some of them spend a lot of time convincing themselves that everyone else is stupid, and they are the only ones truly smart enough to see the truth. Not the way it works. Bannon had himself an office in THE WEST WING OF THE WHITE HOUSE. Great real estate, if you can keep it. Does not appear his skill set was up to the task. That does not make him the enemy,

• Cozette says:

People who lie ARE the enemy. Breitbart lies. They are splintering Trumps base with their lies. BLM. Breitbarts Lies Matter.

• Trumppin says:

I’d Buy into all that if Bannon wasn’t actively trying to blow up the PDJT presidency.. His first torpedo in that effort was this ⬇️

“The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over,” Bannon said Friday, shortly after confirming his departure. “We still have a huge movement, and we will make something of this Trump presidency. But that presidency is over. It’ll be something else. And there’ll be all kinds of fights, and there’ll be good days and bad days, but that presidency is over.”

• jeans2nd says:

Technically, Bannon is correct. Problem is, Bannon was fighting for the Bannon/Cruz presidency, not the Trump presidency. So yes, the Presidency for which Bannon et al fought is over. Thank goodness.

• Alison says:

What doesn’t make sense to me in Bannon/Cruz is clearly Cruz is all for (albeit pretends otherwise) amnesty for existing illegals & open borders for more immigration.

Isn’t Bannon for walls, vetting & legal immigration??

Regardless, he’s not a Svengali to me & never will be.

• Trumppin says:

Why has bannon been meeting several times in september with bilderburger NWO kissinger knocking heads together for a china strategy saying Trump and China are headed for ww3? Is bannon a nationalist or a NWO globalist?

9. POP says:

I dunno……if I were voting in that primary would I vote for an admitted religious eccentric maverick hated by Mitch and Ryan or Strange? It’s not about loving Moore it’s about Strange. I’d go Moore.

• indiamaria2020 says:

Already happened You got him. Now Alabamans will have to live with him.

• wondering999 says:

I really hope Moore is smart and patriotic enough to support the President the way we all need for him to do. He says he will. Maybe God will help him stay out of trouble and MAGA

• Trumppin says:

“If it’s constitutional” – pc speak for “we’ll see” depends on “his terms”
          I don’t expect Moore to be much help to PDJT, and I don’t think Trump thinks so either
          or he would of backed him in the first place.

• DHARVEY says:

I’m concerned that Moore may turn out to be just another Rand Paul ‘purist’ in which case he may not be a reliable pro-Trump vote because Trump will ‘settle’ for a deal that is 80% good (thus making progress) while the Paul/Moore’s will vote against because it ain’t 100% good.

• Cozette says:

He hasn’t been elected yet and it’s possible that he won’t be. Personally, I wouldn’t vote for him.

10. fleporeblog says:

Here is the reality for Bannon, Gorka, CoC, Republicans, Democrats, Globalist, Antifa, Big Club, BLM, NFL etc. when the Generation Z kids get old enough to become the workforce of tomorrow and the ones responsible for writing the history books 📚, our Lion 🦁 is all that will be talked about from the Great Wall on the Southern Border all the way to Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦 and other parts of the planet. They will talk about the man that not only MAGA but saved the entire world from Terrorism, North Korea 🇰🇵, Iran 🇮🇷 brought peace and stability to the ME and parts of North Africa.

There will be monuments and mountains dedicated to him! Everyone else will be forgotten!

• MM says:

Fleporeblog, your upbeat post and positive attitude always puts a smile on my face.

• Trumppin says:

So long as “everyone else” isn’t allowed to run with the football and make everyone else believe they were the ones spiking the end zone. 😉
      Our Movement and #MAGA agenda requires constant protection, keep the circle tight
      no room for errors in this fight.

• Charlie says:

Bannon, Breitbart, Info Wars, Intellectual Froglegs, Patriots ALL have value in this war against America First values. Each is needed to win battles defeating liberalism.
        How we get there is ugly, irritating and brutal but don’t shoot the messenger.
        We need a thousand Bannon’s, more Froglegs and everyone has to fight in this battle for America. Choose your method but don’t be so arrogant to forget why America is in
        danger, WE WERE ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL! Best example, public education!

• Trumppin says:

prime example of not seeing the forest before the tree’s…. I’ll save my breath & just redirect you to Sundance’s comment in the thread.

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

Real Trump supporters saw BB for what it really was. A platform where we could fight for Trump. A platform, albeit, that was ANTI Trump in almost all of it’s articles.

And I believe the one that really solidified my suspicions was the day I was listening to BB radio and that young kid said, “Enough Trump bashing…” wanting to get onto the main topic. He knew they were bashing Trump.

Reading the articles, all the way through, you’d have to be blind not to see the underlying subliminal messages. Trump is incompetent. It’s not his fault that he makes bad choices. Trump is incompetent and he can’t get anything done. Trump is a victim. Trump is not in control. Blah, blah blah!

All the while, I’m wondering…What is Trump getting done???

Well, you won’t hear it at BB! They are too busy promoting LEFTIST propaganda through the Trump Enemies websites and news outlets. Headlines that are CLICK BAIT. And did they bother to even contradict the MSM??? NO! As long as BB is making money!

Breitbart has become a place only fit for jackals and hyenas!

• FL_GUY says:

Right On! We are living in historical times with President Trump. His greatness is up there with George Washington, Abe Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt already. Only fitting that his image be carved on Mt. Rushmore beside them.

• Ohiohayseed says:

FLepore,
      Please accept apologies if I’m hijacking this topic board with a response, but you have been spot-on with your assessment of the “I-generation.” Not only are they more conservative than their parents and grand-parents, they are more religious!

Attached article is in reference to kids in Canada, but the article cites the research of Jean Twenge. (She was recently on Tucker Carlson Tonight, but wasn’t given nearly enough time!)

Dr. Twenge wrote a book, published nearly 12 years ago: Generation Me. Everything we have all lamented about today’s college students was clearly predicted in her methodical, and empirical, research. Snowflakes, we call them, educated on the premise that self-esteem was far more important than actual achievement. Obviously, there are repercussions to the philosophy of always feeling good about yourself regardless of how you act or whether you learn anything or not.

So, as referenced in this article, Twenge’s research on the up-and coming generation is quite uplifting, as are your posts!

• AM says:

I’m happy to say that Gen Z (or Gen I) are the children of Gen X (my generation).

I really wish we could have done more as a generation. I think too many of us gave into our nihilism, rather than working through it. However, it maybe that honest nihilism might have led to merely skepticism in our children, which leads to a more conservatism.

Only time will tell.

11. Trumppin says:

This is going to get interesting..

12. chojun says:

The problem with Breitbart, as I see it currently, is that Steve Bannon, et. al see and recognize that there really is a national political movement behind Donald Trump’s MAGA agenda.

The first grassroots uprising in 2006 which threw GOPe out of Congress was genuinely a headless, grassroots movement. Currently with the third iteration of the tea party movement (second iteration in 2010) I believe that Bannon sees the durability of the movement and wants to be the figurehead of it.

The danger is that I really believe that the MAGA movement will far outlast 2 terms of Trump and Bannon knows this. In the short term Bannon will be waging war against common GOPe enemies – and the establishment will not survive until 2024 work this kind of warfare – but as an ideologue himself Bannon will endeavour to morph a core American MAGA movement into an ideology with litmus tests and the like, which is not good long term. At that point the power would swing back to the Democrats.

So short term Bannon will help get the GOPe out of the swamp but long term Bannon will be creating a different kind of swamp.

• Trumppin says:

If Bannon / Gorka were on the up and up they wouldn’t be attempting to stake a claim at everything Trump spent decades building for themselves.

• sundance says:

The problem is more insidious than that. Bannon is attempting to lead the direction of the MAGA parade by getting in front of it and carrying the flag.

Be very, VERY, wary when someone does this. It’s been done time and time before. There are trillions at stake, and there are people willing to pay billions to people like Bannon to get them to lead the MAGA parade off a cliff.

Nothing so far is alleviating my suspicions toward that possibility. Exactly the opposite is true,… everything Bannon is doing (not saying, *doing*) is showing evidence of an intent to turn the Trump-MAGA-movement into ineffective chaos.

How do you destroy an effective movement? You get inside it and create chaos. People pay big money to get influence agents into positions like this.

Remain skeptical, and don’t even take my word for it. Question everything.

Actions speak louder than words.

Amen!

• Phil aka Felipe says:

Very wise words.

In times like this when there are inflamed passions on either side, it is an opportune time for evil demagogues, either on the right of the left, to deceived and destroy people and movements and countries because of naivete’, ignorance, lethargy, and stupidity.

• MaineCoon says:

Mercer $$$.

• Fe says:

Your last sentence is something my mother has said to me many times throughout my life. She taught me to watch the actions, not just the words, but the watch actions of what people do. Oftentimes it is the exact opposite of what comes out of their mouths.

• Derek Hagen says:

“How do you destroy an effective movement? You get inside it and create chaos.” – Now that you mention it, that seems to be exactly what was happening in the WH when Bannon was there. I’m beginning to get you on this Sundance. It took a while since I kind of liked Bannon.

Raising our awareness again, are you Sundance? Cajoling us to improve our awareness, are you Sundance? It’s like post post-secondary-education education.

Been having the time of my life since 6\16\15.

• Trumppin says:

“There are trillions at stake, and there are people willing to pay billions to people like Bannon to get them to lead the MAGA parade off a cliff. ”

Indeed.. Makes GOPe Turtle McConnell’s endorsement of Luther Strange all that more suspect…

• starfcker says:

Bannon is quite confused. He’s not the leader of MAGA. Best he can aspire to, is a loyal member of the officer corps. His dander is up, right now. He could end up going the wrong way, but I doubt he will. Time will tell.

• valheisey says:

Thanks for this Sundance. I could never get a clear read on Bannon and which camp he placed his flag. I am wondering why Palin, Hannity, Farage, Carson and others endorsed and/or campaigned for Moore. Were they hoodwinked?

• Coldeadhands says:

Human beings can be the most wretched, weak creatures.
        Look at Mitch McConnell and GOP selling out all the victims of Obamacare, who have already been sold out by democrats. They have no trouble abiding the pain of the victims of failed government health care all to leverage their anti-Trump agenda. Talk about death panels…more like death sentences.
        Then there are the Teamsters in Puerto Rico. Ports filling up with relief supplies and 20% of them show up to drive aid supplies to their suffering fellow islanders, this because their agenda is all about leveraging all that pain and suffering into a better contract.
        Then there are all the various individuals in the Trump White House who come up with any number of agendas to threaten the good work of our President. They are no better than never Trumpers or Democrats.
        The only person who doesn’t have anything to gain except as it relates to the American people is the President.
        All the weak humans are pushing their own agendas, trying to exploit crises for their own aggrandizement.

• Another epiphany, Sundance, with perfect timing.

Request: Post a thread on Judge Jeanine’s show tonight…

Jason Chaffetz disclosed that when he asked Attorney General Sessions if he would prosecute many of the top government corruption cases, Sessions said he WOULD NOT.

Bonus Post opportunity: After noting that President Trump let Secretary Price go for private-jet misuse, Judge Jeanine noted that Mueller was guilty of the same. Firing opportunity for corruption?

• Charlie says:

“ineffective chaos” = “never let a crisis go to waste”. POTUS thrives in the fight and has chose not to challenge Bannon, why?

• Jerzy2GA says:

The wise man speaks. Me listen

• BobBoxBody says:

The main problem that Bannon is going to have as far as pulling that off is that Trump is appealing fundamentally to patriotism and is a unifying force across the entire political spectrum. I think people are tired of the political fighting and want to come together to take care of each other. Bannon will be rejected/ignored by these people.

Bannon can try to take credit but people are going to remember Trump getting ahead of the immigration issue before he announced, they’re gonna remember that he kept his promises, and they’re gonna remember him being a unifying force in the face of forces that seek to tear it apart with fearmongering and ideological grandstanding.

We’ll end up telling Bannon to go pound sand and make MAGA.

• xyzlatin says:

Thank you Sundance. I have been hoping you will do an article on this. I am reposting my comment from a thread yesterday. I believe that it will add to the discussion here.
        September 30, 2017 at 1:51 am
        Visited Breitbart again and have had a lightbulb moment to what is going on. Remembering that Bannon is a hired help and the real power is the Mercers and Larry Solov who pay his wages. I think that they are positioning themselves to be the new “kingmakers” of the Republican party.

They are using Pres Trump as their springboard but remember that they originally did not support him. They constantly say they are doing things to “help” him but the articles are put downs of him. This conflict is evident. They need him as their figurehead, but they don’t want him. They wanted Cruz who is a globalist. There is no whitewashing of what they originally wanted and I for one will not let anyone forget this.

They are positioning Bannon as the new Authority on China Policy Guru and saying that Pres Trump is only now following on (again after Bannon). I haven’t heard much from Gorka but as foreign affairs was his speciality, perhaps he is being sidelined in order to boost Bannon’s star.

There is a need for someone to organize at a grass roots level throughout the Nation, opposition to the Uniparty. I think they have seen this and decided to step into the role. This is a good move, because President Trump cannot do this himself, he is too busy obviously. Even Trump has his time limits. Someone has to do it.

My worry is that this is another group of people hiding behind something, hiding who they are, trying to be in control and if they succeed, in view of their innate hostility to Trump, will cause more trouble for him. Certainly, most articles undermine him now, and treat him as if he were dumb.

• xyzlatin says:

Further to this, there IS a need for someone to step up nationally to organize the opposition to Rino’s in various elections. Who is this person or organization going to be? Who can it be? Does anyone have any clues? Can Pres Trump do this himself? Bannon has gone out of his way to prove that he can’t.

• woodstuff says:

Thank you SD for participating in this (and other) discussions. As I ponder the many comments daily, I see some commenters who don’t always see clearly. (Oops! I’m one of those myself.) You make my weak mind see more clearly when you chime in.

• Sean Supsky says:

My mind tells me that President Trump employed Bannon for a very specific purpose, keep your friends close, your enemies even closer.

Learn the opposition.

Use the opposition.

Destroy the opposition.

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

Bannon comes across these days as a dangerous ideologue. Which is a very narrow view that it seems nobody can live up to.

I’ve totally lost any trust I had for Bannon when he came out of the WH declaring war and then all BB did was bash Trump.

That’s when I left.

13. Phil aka Felipe says:

[Breitbart News is now pushing a narrative that Steve Bannon is in control of the Trump policy toward China and that Donald Trump, then candidate Trump, now President Trump, had no idea about the risk presented by China until Steve Bannon educated Trump on the issue. Seriously, I’m not kidding… they’re selling that as reality.]

Seriously, the China “issue” that Trump has been talking about for the last 35 years? LOL! I didn’t know Bannon knew Trump way back then.

14. Vlad the Impaler says:

Sundance, I was channeling my inner suspicious cat this morning upon seeing that Breitbart headline re: PDJT playing catch up. My Treeper antenna called BS on it and I moved on to other sites.

15. indiamaria2020 says:

Those glorious Cruz/Bannon/Moore “CON-servatives” have stopped REPEAL. They will undoubtedly set their sites on stopping Trump:s Tax Reform, then his TRILLION dollar Budget cuts. By the time the “CON-servatives” are through, Schumer/Ryan/McConnell will have achieved their UniParty goals of stopping MAGAnomics……temporarily. TRUMP Americans will prevail, with “CON-servatives” yapping their protests every step of the way.

16. Sandra-VA says:

Bannon is despicable and certainly no Andrew Breitbart! I was not happy when he went to the WH and even more unhappy with all the divisive palace gossip that he was leaking and creating… and continues to do with the constant Cohn/Jared/Ivanka bashing.

The very fact that he thinks he can steal President Trump’s platform, and claim that Trump is not up to speed on China is LAUGHABLE!!!! The whole reason I was so excited about Trump running was because of his China position. I have followed him for a long time, and watched/listened to all his many interviews on the subject.

Bannon is nothing but a leech and a traitor to MAGA. He is hurting our cause and he needs to cease and desist with the Trump bashing going on at Breitbart. I am sick of it.

It is quite clear that they (Bannon/Mercer) are taking over (or think they are) and pushing Cruz types. Well, I fully expect Moore to go down in flames by the time Jones et al are done with him. Maybe that will be the slap Bannon needs to deflate his emboldened ego.

President Trump is MAGA, not Bannon.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

And Trump supporters beat Hillary, the 16 other Republican candidates, the NeverTrumpers, the Deep State, the Corrupt Chamber of Commerce, the Media and everyone else, not Bannon.

Trump supporters also beat Strange, not Bannon.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I agree completely with that statement – LAUGHABLE! Trump was wise to China when EVERYBODY was wrong, including me – YEARS earlier. And he has stayed consistent all this time.

• Although none of us like the Trump bashing on the BB site, I do see Bannon as useful…..Since Alabama, he has begun the war on GOPe and he has them running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

We just watched GOPe spend 30 million bucks on Strange, Moore almost nothing in comparison, and Moore whip strange’s patutie…..

I love this MAGA candidate team of Bannon, Sarah Palin, Nigel Farage and a few others. It is like a super-PAC of personalities and I see it as a lethal weapon in this day and age…..

Change is coming, Treepers……And it might take us 2018, 2020, 2022 and 2024 to get the job done, but I am watching my country slowly return to what I initially wanted: GOPe out of power, the Uniparty destroyed and a return of a government of, for and by the people…..

• xyzlatin says:

Bannon could do that without the put downs of President Trump. He could do that without backstabbing Pres Trump on China. Already a few months ago, he went there and told a seminar that the US would not use a military option on North Korea. If this is not backstabbing, undermining Trump on important negotiations, and treachery and treason to the country, I do not know what is.

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

“He has vowed to go into every upcoming state, find a MAGA candidate similar to Roy Moore, and run them against the GOPe incumbent.”

So, if Trump finds a candidate that truly supports his goals and Bannon doesn’t like him, he’ll undermine Trump once again. Just like he did in Alabama!

The man is a menace and he needs to be stopped! They are preparing for a Cruz RUN for the next election and that’s what Bannon is lining up!

They aren’t worried about Trump’s MAGA! OH NO! That’s BS!

They are planning on SABOTAGING TRUMP’s second term and are setting up players that will support Cruz!

• Cozette says:

Moore is NOT a MAGA candidate. He is a no vote on President Trumps legislation. Moore is a “principled conservative” theocratic Christian Cruzlim candidate.

17. Looks to me like bannonites are positioning for a 2020 run behind another “constitutional conservative” like cruz

• Trumppin says:

I’ve said many times Lyin Ted is running to the sticks to put on his best #faketrump creating sound bites and footage for his next campaign…. will it be 2020? or 2024? I guess that depends on how successful Bannon, the GOPe and the Democrats are… will they succeed in splitting up the TrumpTrain? ….. Why i said “Keep a tight circle” up thread.

• bessie2003 says:

This is why I think Bannon et.al. aggressively endorsed Moore over Strange so that if Moore wins the general election in Alabama Bannon et.al. can claim to be the “real force” behind the MAGA movement;

where my suspicions remain that President Trump backed Strange because he would not be so easily maneuvered as a political purist like Judge Moore can be.

Time will tell, and it’s not a given that Judge Moore will win.

Plus, the whole Jared Ivanka thing on BB – do those people seriously think the man is going to turn his back on his daughter and son in law? Really? A man who puts family and loyalty as high priorities in all his endeavors?

Thank you Sundance for sharing Suspicious Cat moments. Like listening to today’s Intellectual Froglegs, the clarity of truth shines bright when wrapped in humor.

• We already kicked Cruz’s posterior once and today, he is damaged merchandise…. If they are silly enough to run him again, or another one like him, good. That will just split the GOPe primary vote again–I say bring him on…..

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

Yep! And that’s why Bannon is working so hard on getting HIS choices elected even if it goes against Trump’s choice!

They are lining up candidates that will support Cruz or some other cruddy actor, if not an outright Coup!

18. wolfmoon1776 says:

Totally with you on this, Sundance. Trump was ahead of ME on a realistic view of China.

ME – the guy who will NEVER trust them.

Trump was right on China when I was WRONG on China. There is NO WAY that Bannon was right on China before Trump. NO. WAY.

Bannon makes the classic mistake with Trump. He assumes that WHAT YOU HEAR is ALL THAT HE THINKS.

No. Just no. Trump thought everything you did ALREADY. The only question is how much earlier.

• Derek Hagen says:

Right on, brother.

• Fe says:

Wolfie excellent post, just excellent!

• andrewalinxs says:

Their is a reason its China has a different mindset then the west most of us are unable to grasp how they think and so we are just now catching on.

• MaineCoon says:

Agree Wolf.

In addition let’s do the math.

SD wrote, “Apparently, Breitbart is taking a break from bashing Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump in order to sell the story that Trump’s 30-year-old China policies all came from Steve Bannon.”

Bannon is 63. To formulate Trump’s 30 yr China policy, Bannon started when he was ~33 yo, 1986. Let’s review his background.

1976 – graduated VA Tech in Urban Planning
      Date UNK: Georgetown U. School of Foreign Service, Masters in National Security
      Date UNK : Harvard Bus. School, Master of Business Administration

1976-1983: US Navy: Pacific Fleet, Pentagon (attended Georgetown at night), Persian Gulf during Iran hostage crisis. Became pro-Reagan. “I wasn’t political until I got into the service and saw how badly Jimmy Carter f—ed things up. I became a huge Reagan admirer. Still am. But what turned me against the whole establishment was coming back from running companies in Asia in 2008 and seeing that Bush had f—ed up as badly as Carter.”

Around 1986 would be the beginning of Bannon’s “30-yr China policy formulation” and this is what he was doing: investment banking (Goldman Sachs, Bannon & Co), Entertainment Industry & Media (film producer, documentaries), Breibart News, Cambridge Analytica (Mercer), plus many other jack-of-all-trade experiences.

Plus, married/divorced 3x.

Wikipedia details his Overview And Influences, but China isn’t referenced.

IMO Bannon doesn’t have the life experiences or general interest in China to formulate a China policy – much less Trump’s. Who is he kidding?

19. Fe says:

Sundance, that cat 😂😅🤣 every time you post it’s picture I come close to hacking up a lung from laughing. Meanwhile, this article is a must read, multiple times. While I appreciate the positives that came from having Bannon on staff during the election, I know it’s past time for that guy to shut the heck up. He is standing on my last nerve. The more I learn about Steve Bannon the more I shake my head. Who in the heck does he think he is anyway? I know without anybody telling me that PDJT knows exactly what to do about China taking unfair advantage of our economy and stealing our jobs, technology, etc….he’s been champing at the bit to take ’em out for years and years.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I like Bannon, but I like him for what he is. A SHADOW OF TRUMP. Or maybe a shadow of his shadow.

Which is not to cut him down too much. Most folks ain’t even that. Even those of us who LOVE our POTUS! 😀

• MaineCoon says:

I was apolitical until candidate Trump appeared. Bowed out after O was elected. Although I was reading BB summer of ’15, once I linked to CTH and BB became anti-Trump, I quit BB. So I was not a part of the big Bannon crowd. The Cruz support was an issue for me, although I thought he brought value to the Trump team. The day he left the WH and bashed the admin’s NoKo policy, I really ranted about him. That told me about his character. Not good. That very weekend BB ran another Jaren/Ivanka hit piece. I concluded he was going to be a loose cannon from that point forward. This is not going to end up well. At all. And his $$$ mentor has a lot of $$$.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I really think Bannon needs to get control of some of that BB crowd. It would be better for everybody if he could keep them in line. At least not ATTACKING Trump, for ***’s sake! But that bit about the Nork policy – yeah – that was not pleasant. Why? Just WHY?

I stay away from BB, too. Current going the wrong way half the time, IMO.

20. TKA says:

Is it just me, I don’t remember seeing Xi Jinping smile before meeting with POTUS. Now he’s smiling with Sec. Tillerson.

21. Sanj says:

I listened to Breitbart News on Satellite for a couple of months when it first came on the air. As the site/show became very Pro Cruz and Anti-Trump, I stopped paying attention. When Bannon joined the campaign, I started paying attention to him and listened to the show this week as he was on for a couple hours a day. My opinion is that his relationship with POTUS is complex. I think what Sundance says has merit, but I think Bannon had a conversion when he realized Trump was better than Cruz. I am wary of his ego and the vulnerability it could create, but I don’t think he’s working at odds to POTUS’ agenda. As Sundance said, time will tell, but for now, I’m giving this the benefit of the doubt. Just my 2 cents.

• Cozette says:

Breitbart blatantly LIES. Repeatedly. The lies undermine the President. That is ALL I need to know about which side they’re on. Not mine. Not the President’s. Not the MAGA team.

22. Sanj says:

Oh Sundance, I know you’ve been accurately predicting the events of this China Policy vis a vie North Korea for months now but did you get the 6 Party talk announcement correct down to the hour? 🙂 Great prescience!!!

23. missmarple2 says:

Breitbart, Bannon and the rest are counting on people not viewing all of Trump’s old interviews on YouTube or reading his many books.

The claim that Trump is playing “catch up” is ludicrous. If anything, Bannon latched onto Trump’s policies, not the other way around. The evidence is right before us: he supported Ted Cruz, globalist extraordinaire disguised as “free trade.”

I don’t believe Bannon for a minute. He’s very good at SOUNDING like he is in line with Trump, but I find it very unconvincing when I look at his history.

To heck with Bannon. He’s become a megalomaniac, and I am done with him and Gorka.

• wheatietoo says:

Will Bannon challenge Toxic Ted in a primary next year?

This is what will be very telling.
      Because if he doesn’t lead a primary challenge against Ted Cruz…then he is a flaming hypocrite and a liar.

Lyin Ted has turned into everything that Bannon ‘claims’ to be against.
      Let’s see if he does the right thing, and primaries his buddy Ted Cruz.

• Trumppin says:

Ted Cruz has been a charlatan from the get go, Amnesty, Foreign visas, toys for illegals, on and on with unconstitutional and un-conservative principles from Ted Cruz – begs the question why Bannon supported him in the first place.

• wheatietoo says:

Yep!
          And despite all that…PDJT was willing to forgive Bannon and bring him into his inner circle.

Now Bannon is trying to take over PDJT’s policies and claim that he ‘originated’ them.
          He must think we are really stupid.

• Trumppin says:

He believes sheep are sheep and sheep are easily led astray …. to a certain extent he’s right – many half awake trump supporters jumped off the train and followed him. Bannon reminds me of the guy in a trenchcoat with a piece of candy telling you that it’s ok your dad sent me to pick you up.

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

Okay, I’m going to put this out there…

I’ve been waiting for the antichrist to show up!

Now it can’t be Trump because we prayed our butts off to get him into office and EVIL people hate him!

I got a sneaking suspicion that whomever Bannon manages to back next time is going to welcome the NWO and the Antichrist. Wolf in sheep’s clothing. And that scares the snot out of me.

We fought hard to get Trump in! We prayed our rearends off. I’m still worn out over it!
              My hubby can attest to the fact that for over a year, I didn’t do anything except for fight for Trump and dig up research on the opposition and post it!

I was so into it, it wasn’t until after Trump was sworn in that I realized I hadn’t even planted a garden that year! LOL! No kidding!

And hubby was more than supportive. But fighting trolls takes it’s toll.

AND THIS ONE THING I KNOW!

We used BB as the platform to win the election. We won’t be able to do that again. They are too busy trying to turn his base against him.

So you all had better start praying for a way to get all of the Trump supporters together to fight against whoever Bannon puts up against him! We need a platform.

• Trumppin says:

I could of wrote every word of that myself 🙂

I’ll Just add that I believe God sent us Trump and God will show us the way. But that doesn’t mean we can rest on our heels.

• woodstuff says:

I wish I knew how to find MAGA candidate to primary Cruz. The GOPe is strong and rich here in TX.

• wheatietoo says:

It will be difficult…but not impossible.

Maybe Rick Perry can be helpful with that.
          I don’t think he really likes Toxic Ted all that much…and contrary to what some people believe, I don’t think Perry is very close with the Bushes either.

24. chbailey says:

America First Cat getting the gist of that lame headline….just perfect:)
    I looked forward to find Bannon doing something singular and interesting. I thought it was rather plain that he backslide into Breitbart.

25. wheatietoo says:

Thank you so much, Sundance, for speaking up about what Bannon is doing.
    Because you’re exactly right…he is Gaslighting us!

Some are claiming that he’s doing some “4D chess” behind the scenes, and that PDJT is in on it.
    That is hard to believe.
    If the Breitbart site had stopped trashing our President when Bannon returned to his old job…then that theory would hold more weight.

But it looks more like Bannon & Co are trying to glom onto PDJT’s winning policies and claim that they were ‘responsible’ for them.
    Which is despicable.

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

They did it twice prior to Bannon’s boot from the WH.

And my response was always….EXCUSE ME! WE got Trump into office! You all backed that loser Cruz!

26. John Huxley says:

Bannon and Kissinger, one of the biggest globalists ever, joining forces.

Interesting that Bannon tries to portray himself as a conservative American purist but his actions don’t line up.

27. jeans2nd says:

There is one aspect of all this jockeying that perhaps is overlooked. There is more than one person fighting for control of that flag at the head of the cliff diver parade.

Odds are Bannon, Gorka, Cernovich, InfoWars etc etc will become more inconsequential as Team Trump continues to succeed. The also-rans will be related to fighting amongst themselves for titular head of the wannbes and never-weres. What fun.

There is also an angel up there sitting on God’s shoulder that may have a wee bit more influence on this ;- )

28. POP says:

Globalist extraordinaire Kissinger as a Bannon associate is about as surprising as Mitch as Bannon’s new best buddy.

I’m going to have to re-evaluate my opinion of Bannon as a nationalist at heart.

• Alison says:

Maybe he’s already on the ‘take’.

• wheatietoo says:

If Bannon was such a ‘nationalist’ as he claims now…then why did he work so hard to get the globalist Ted Cruz elected?

Funny how Bannon discovered his ‘nationalism’ after Cruz was defeated, and he climbed onboard the Trump Train.

• POP says:

That’s correct and needs not to be forgotten.

Steve’s staff read this blog, an explanation of “Bannon discovered his ‘nationalism’ after Cruz was defeated” ….”why did he work so hard to get the globalist Ted Cruz elected?”

It’s a question that goes to Bannon’s credibility.

• POP says:

And be advise I generally “like” Bannon’s politics vs Kelly, Mc Masters, Ivanka and Jared and the globalists who populate PTrump’s inner circle and who tolerate public servant (sic) opposition and defiance of PTrump in the Bureaucracy.
          I’m hoping for an explanation not a troll.

29. Alison says:

And on another extremely bright note (my optimism exceeds Flep’s just this once), we get to see First Lady Melania on another multi-country tour 👏👏👏😊😊😊

Turning her graciousness on the Far East and dazzling us with fashions I imagine will rival those we saw in the mideast. I. Cannot. Wait. 😊😊😊

30. jmuniz1 says:

Cruz is a Globalist neocon. He refused to endorse Trump because he is part of the Bush Crime family. Governor Abbot is also a neo-con. The Bushes and the Kochs own all of them even Hilderbeast who Trump slung down. We need to ask the question? What if Trump never decided to run? Hillary Clinton would be your President and the fundamental transformation would continue. The fact that he picked off 19 candidates 16 of them globalist means people were paying attention. They are still trying to undermine his campaign. However, where this site is wrong is and you can look it up for yourself. Is that Judge Moore was prosecuted by President Bush 2 and guess who helped him prosecute Judge Moore.?Ted Cruz . He was the assistant attorney general until they got mad at him and removed him from his post. Moore is a good man if a democrat gets that seat its over for Trump.Luther Strange has a horrible voting record check it out on the New American site he voted against our President 3 out of 5 times.

• wheatietoo says:

“…if a democrat gets that seat its over for Trump.”

No it’s not!
      It is only for a ONE YEAR TERM.

If the Democrat wins that seat, it’s on Bannon & Co, for betraying our President.

We will get the chance to get that seat back next year, during the regularly scheduled election.

31. TreeClimber says:

Um… is that actually true, that Trump and Kingpin are friends? Seems rather odd, from where I’m sitting (typing madly away on my computer in the dark, Joe Dan. :P)

32. jmuniz1 says:

Also Mercer went to Trump and gave him the same tools he gave Ted Cruz. The Trump app which I have was made by Cambridge analytical and Mercer made Ted Cruz give back his 15 million dollars. I know because I know Ted Personally and asked what he was doing running for President and that he was going to make a fool of himself becuase he did not listen and his buddy Levin is a horrible human bieng who claims to love Trump but he really hates him. He just wants to sell books.

33. A2 says:

I am in complete agreement with Sundance’s estimation of Mr Bannon. I am beating a dead horse, but it bears repeating; Bannon’s statements on China depend entirely on who is paying, and to what audience it is directed. In his paid Citic (big Chinese state owned investment bank) speech in Hong Kong he was all soft and cuddly on China even to the extent of praising their command and control economy and state planning. He switches hats like Bartholomew Cubbins. Even the perfidious press has begun to notice.

If you haven’t seen this I am posting this from 14 August 2017.
    WTAS: Praise President Donald J. Trump’s Memorandum on Chinese Trade Practices

It is not until 26 September that the brummagem Mr Bannon was back to targeting China and sounding as though the above memorandum the President issued on trade that was roundly praised, never happened.

• xyzlatin says:

Thanks that Bloomberg article gets me riled up anew. With regard to his Hong Kong trip, that was when he told China that military options against NK were off the table. As he had just left the White House employment, it is highly likely they might believe him, as an insider with knowledge, and that could cause serious miscalculation. As a “strategist” he is as good as my aunt nellie, or was the strategy to undermine Pres Trump? Either way, that smelt.

• wheatietoo says:

Oh you’re not beating a ‘dead horse’, A2.

That horse is very much alive and galloping around.
      So please keep whacking on it.

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

“says Bannon, who introduced Moore at his victory rally. “Now, our focus is on recruiting candidates to take over the Republican Party.””

Not reforming it.
      Not readjusting it.

No! Taking it over!

34. rsanchez1990 says:

The Breitbart thing is just too predictable. I posted this comment a few days ago:

“When North Korea is collapsing and Kim Jong-Un is either forced out or forced to give up the nukes, without a single military strike from the US, watch for people like Alex Jones, Mike Cernovich, Steve Bannon and Sebastian Gorka to take credit.”

Mooch was right about Steve Bannon building his own brand off the strength of the President. If only he didn’t have loose lips talking to the media…

35. backwoodsgirl123 says:

President Trump needs to make it plain that Bannon is ALL THE WAY OUT of the WH; otherwise, there’s the distinct possibility that China’s perception of Bannon’s viewpoints and his talking points could actually damage relations with China before Trump has a chance to finish up this NK crapola!

36. wheatietoo says:

Bannon meeting with Kissinger…and Breitbart runs an article critical of Pres Trump’s policy towards China.

Kissinger has always been proud of the role he played in ‘Opening up China’ to trade with the US.
    It is pretty much the biggest part of his legacy.
    Yeah…thanks for that, Henry.

His involvement with China didn’t stop when he left our State Department, though.

From Wiki:
    “In September 1989, the Wall Street Journal’s John Fialka disclosed that Kissinger took a direct economic interest in US-China relations in March 1989 with the establishment of China Ventures, Inc., a Delaware limited partnership, of which he was chairman of the board and chief executive officer. A US$75 million investment in a joint venture with the Communist Party government’s primary commercial vehicle at the time, China International Trust & Investment Corporation (CITIC), was its purpose. Board members were major clients of Kissinger Associates.
    Kissinger was criticised for not disclosing his role in the venture when called upon by ABC’s Peter Jennings to comment the morning after the June 4, 1989, Tiananmen crackdown. Kissinger’s position was generally supportive of Deng Xiaoping’s clearance of the square and he opposed economic sanctions.[35]”

So Kissinger was financially involved with CITIC.
    And Bannon went over and spoke before a gathering of CITIC.

Interesting.
    Was that where Bannon blurted out his statement about North Korea, that a military solution was “off the table”?

Kissinger would probably be against PDJT’s hardline stance on trade with China…since he has a history of being so chummy with them.

Now…who else would be against any hardline stance on trade with China?
    Silicon Valley, probably.
    They get a lot of their stuff made in China, don’t they?

Hollywood has been getting a lot of investment from China, too.

What is Bannon really up to.

37. Chuck says:

I thought the comments would be about US/China policy. Instead it’s about 90% Bannon bashing. What a waste of time.