Earlier today USTR Robert Lighthizer released President Trump’s NAFTA Objectives outline to congress and the American people.  The NAFTA renegotiations are scheduled to begin in August.

The bilateral trade negotiations with the EU (European Union), S.E.A.N. (Southeast Asian Nations), China, U.K. and all other nations will follow -individually- after the NAFTA process is complete.

It cannot be overstated how critical this is.  Please, please, understand.  There are trillions of dollars at stake.   All political opposition to President Donald Trump will increase in exponential severity as the dates of these renegotiated trade deals draws closer.  There are trillions of dollars at stake.   The entities outlined below will throw everything at the current administration in an effort to secure a better financial outcome for their interests.

Multinational Corporations, Wall Street interests and Multinational Financial stakeholders (mostly banks and foreign governments), have lobbied DC politicians for decades to create trade outcomes favorable to them.  It is, at its core, the financial and policy cancer that has distributed America’s physical and financial wealth globally. Additionally, multinational corporate media are part of this entire process and are stakeholders in the outcomes.

Each of those entities now has a vested interest in opposition to President Trump.  As an outcome almost every politician in Washington DC will be in opposition to the Trump administration.

Have no doubts, some will be more visible than others; but make no mistake – anyone who has held office for any substantive amount of time in the past 20+ years has been corrupted by the financial contributions to them personally.  This process of purchased interest and influence is how politicians accumulate wealth.

These trade deals might seem like they are detached from core ideological political opposition; but the reverse is actually true.

There is a reason why no-one has ever exposed the administrative political system to the full cleansing of sunlight.  Every attack, every promoted media attack, against President Trump and his team have these motives at the nucleus.

There are trillions at stake and each entity within the system has a vested interest.  Yes, that includes both liberal and conservative media voices – especially Fox media. Yes, they too have their financial interests at risk.

“It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones.”

Niccolò Machiavelli

It is with this understanding that every headline should be considered.  It is through this prism that every attack angle should be contrast.  The ability to understand these motives, and the ability to communicate this to your friends and family, is the most critical skillset needed in order to fundamentally restore America and every generation behind you.

Here’s the USTR Release:

Washington, D.C. – United States Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer today released a detailed and comprehensive summary of the negotiating objectives for the renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

Through the renegotiation of NAFTA, the Trump Administration will seek a much better agreement that reduces the U.S. trade deficit and is fair for all Americans by improving market access in Canada and Mexico for U.S. manufacturing, agriculture, and services.

In addition to President Trump being the first American president to begin renegotiating a comprehensive free trade agreement like NAFTA, for the first time USTR has included deficit reduction as a specific objective for the NAFTA negotiations. Since NAFTA was implemented in 1994, the U.S. bilateral goods trade balance with Mexico has gone from a $1.3 billion surplus to a $64 billion deficit in 2016. Market access issues have arisen in Canada with respect to dairy, wine, grain and other products — barriers that the current agreement is unequipped to address.

The negotiating objectives also include adding a digital economy chapter and incorporating and strengthening labor and environment obligations that are currently in NAFTA side agreements. Additionally, among other objectives, the Administration will work to eliminate unfair subsidies, market-distorting practices by state owned enterprises, and burdensome restrictions on intellectual property.

The negotiating objectives aim to apply the highest standards covering the broadest possible range of goods and services to ensure truly free and fair trade that supports higher-paying jobs and economic growth in the United States.

“President Trump continues to fulfill his promise to renegotiate NAFTA to get a much better deal for all Americans,” said Ambassador Lighthizer. “Too many Americans have been hurt by closed factories, exported jobs, and broken political promises. Under President Trump’s leadership, USTR will negotiate a fair deal. America’s persistent trade imbalances, break down trade barriers, and give Americans new opportunities to grow their exports. President Trump is reclaiming American prosperity and making our country great again.”

At the direction of the President, on May 18, 2017, Ambassador Lighthizer sent a letter notifying Congress of the Administration’s intent to initiate NAFTA renegotiations.

Since then, USTR has been conducting extensive consultations with Congress, stakeholders, and the public at large. USTR sought public comments, received more than 12,000 responses, and heard directly from over 140 witnesses over three days of public hearings. During this process, the Administration received valuable advice that directly impacted the development of the negotiating objectives.

Further, these objectives reflect the negotiating standards established by Congress in the Bipartisan Congressional Trade Priorities and Accountability Act of 2015 (TPA), which requires that USTR release objectives at least 30 days prior to formal negotiations. Negotiations will begin no earlier than August 16, 2017.

Through these negotiations, the Administration seeks an effectively implemented and enforced Agreement for more open, equitable, secure, and reciprocal market access. The Administration remains committed to conducting the negotiations with timely and substantive results for America’s workers, farmers, ranchers, and businesses. (link)

Here’s the actual NAFTA Objectives Policy Release:

♦Multinational corporations purchase controlling interests in various national elements of developed industrial western nations.
♦The Multinational Corporations making the purchases are underwritten by massive global financial institutions, multinational banks.
♦The Multinational Banks and the Multinational Corporations then utilize lobbying interests to manipulate the internal political policy of the targeted nation state(s).

The ‘America First’ Trump-Trade Doctrine upsets the entire construct of this multinational export/control dynamic.  Team Trump focuses exclusively on bilateral trade deals with specific policy only looking out for the national interests of the United States.

Under President Trump’s Trade positions exfiltration of U.S. national wealth is essentially stopped.  This puts the multinational corporations, globalists who previously took a stake-hold in the U.S. economy with intention to export the wealth, in a position of holding interest of an asset they cannot exploit.

If you can see the ramifications, and can grasp the inherent anger, you can begin to understand the severity of the opposition to President Trump.

This is the battle for middle America that you voted for !

On the positive side – as each of these trade deals is renegotiated and finalized, the vested opposing interests will sequentially drop out of the fight.  As a result of fewer parties participating in the opposition, the UniParty attacks against the administration will slowly fade.

Until then, we will have to fight through each wave of political attacks.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Brexit, Budget, Canada, China, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Economy, Election 2018, Environmentalism, European Union, Legislation, media bias, Mexico, NAFTA, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

158 Responses to Critically Important – U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer Releases NAFTA Objectives – Documented Outline pdf…

1. dreadnok89 says:

How bout this. How bout he saves money by ending this mueller fiasco nonsense. Waste of money on top of wasted money. Is clinton gonna reimburse everyone who lawyered up and got grilled on tv for a plot she concocted ?

2. lcpusa says:

Trump is the revolution and the revolution threatens all entrenched interests

• Sylvia Avery says:

As always, I am so grateful to Sundance for this post.

SD says “Every attack, every promoted media attack, against President Trump and his team have these motives at the nucleus.
      There are trillions at stake and each entity within the system has a vested interest.”

It feels a bit like pre-election to me out there. Recently I have severely limited my exposure to media toxicity. I learned the hard way during the run up to the election I am not strong enough to handle the constant onslaught of negativity. I know others here are stronger, and I am glad for that.

I will scan headlines, possibly dipping into an article but if it is too negative I click out. News and analysis is only from trusted sources, and now ONLY via DVR so that I can fast forward through leftist rants presented for “balance” or through anything related to Russia, Russia, Russia or Health Care. Or skipped altogether.

If there is something it is important to know, chances are I will find it here. The constant yammering of the outside world has gotten on my last nerve and scraped it raw.

I will do what I can to carry President Trump’s Republic-saving agenda forward, and I can do that better if I am not troubled by the unrelenting toxicity produced by the media.

• Chuck says:

Sylvia, life is a lot easier without television/cable.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Yeah, would like to cut the cord as many here are always saying. However, for a variety of reasons that doesn’t work out well for my household. At least not currently.

• Wend says:

I can’t do it (cut the cord) either Sylvia. But not watching is unbelievably easy. I have gone through periods where I was on FOX every waking hour (and I stay up late). Funny thing is I finally realized how nuts it was during the Romney campaign. I limit my computer reading to the TH, the_Donald, a few Twitter feeds and a couple of other blogs (Vox Day, etc.) from time to time.

• Paradigmshift says:

Slyvia,
            I agree with Chuck. Look into getting a Roku stick that enables you to get Hulu plus, Netflix etc. all you need is Internet then. My cable bill went from around $140 a month down to about 53 a month. Also I’ve heard about the ‘Sling’ Device which enables you to get channels a la cart every month and they have different plans for much cheaper than cable. I’ll be darned if I’m going to support any mainstream media news outlets or channels anymore !! lol

• Sylvia Avery says:

I’ve had a Roku stick for several years and love it. I’ve looked into Sling, but it doesn’t accomplish what I need for my family at least for now. I’ve even looked into the new broadcast TV antennas. For now, it’s DISH satellite for me. But I will keep looking into it. At some point there may be enough changes that I can drop it. Thanks for your ideas!

• Sylvia Avery says:

Okay, I don’t know what happened to my response but it has been zapped into the either, or maybe it is hiding in Ad Rem’s mysterious bin. I’ll try again!

Thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate it! I have had a Roku stick for several years and love it. I’ve looked into Sling and I’ve even looked into broadcast TV antennas but thus far nothing quite works for this household so I’ll keep my satellite. As things evolve it may work out for me to cut the cord. I’ll keep an eye on developments.

• marti says:

Para: I wish “Sling” were truly al la carte, but it sure is better than regular cable! ….actually they just have smaller bundles. What would be wonderful and truly revolutionary is paying for each channel: eg: you select which, like $1.50/per channel, minimum 20 channels, etc. With this type of system the loafer’s (like CNN) subsidy would end.

• Orygun says:

You have just described the original satellite dish before encryption. The dishes were huge but so were the dividends. They soon put a stop to that.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Yep, Orygun. I have one in the back yard. I grow Trumpet Vine complete encompasses that darn thing now. Lots of hummingbirds. Big enough now, that the little grandkids, go under all the greenery and have a fort under there!

• Minnie says:

Sylvia, “if something is important to know it will be here (CTH)”.

Indeed!

It’s my ONLY chosen source of news and I’m eternally grateful for it and all the Treepers 👍

• Hey Sundance , how about a T Shirt with all of these animals and TRUMp on it. WHat a great fund raiser!

• BigMamaTEA says:

Sylvia, YOU have OVERCOME! BRAVO! (The evil ones count on people paying attention , er, being hypnotized by their drivel)

• belle says:

Keep trying to get hubby to cut cord.
      NFL be damned. 😍

• marti says:

B: Cut the cord, get the “sports package” on Sling.

• piper567 says:

belle, through the NFL website, games can be subscribed to either by team or wk…and its pretty cheap. If you subscribe to your team’s games, you also get playoff games, and even SuperBowl in that pkg. But you can also buy a pkg of all teams, every wk, and you can watch them when you want.
        These plans are very affordable.
        I have no TV, and if I want to follow Seahawks for a season, I think its $30 for the whole season., and I watch on computer.

• BigMamaTEA says:

WE are the revolution lcpusa! Trump is our Leader. We MUST have his back at all times going forward, as all of this begins. (What’s currently been going on (attacks etc) are only the beginning. It’s going to get much worse.!)

Those that are willing (like me, ha!) to battle said objectors will do so with everyone who is willing to.

Those that are not willing to do battle like that……..your job will be to constantly email/write/tweet/Fb/phone call the WH, etc POSITIVE support to our President, I mean like daily, no matter what they hit him with!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I’d rather do battle this way (all legal means exhausted) than the final way, which I am prepared for, should that be needed.

3. The Boss says:

I can’t shake this feeling that the multinational/globalist pimps will find many of their whores are suddenly unable to be of assistance. Anyone hear from AG Sessions lately? Too quiet….

4. FofBW says:

IMO, the Uniparty expectations were by delaying confirmations, healthcare and tax reform they would be able to delay and negotiate a better deal here. NOT!

5. MK Wood says:

Thinking that many of these points will be carried over to all other trade negotiations. Once the wheel has been invented no need to go through that process again. Specific/unique products would be the only reason to deviate.

6. Barry R Betlin says:

Bravo

7. FofBW says:

was that an “Oh Sh-t he really is doing it”, I just heard from around the world?

8. youme says:

The maggots make their appearance crawling up from under the ground

9. whoseyore says:

Praying for our entire team and their families as they trudge through this boggy part of the swamp.

10. Tonawanda says:

And the transparency is mind-boggling.

No disguising and fake happy talk which leaves us wondering what is what.

11. rf121 says:

Will be interesting to see how the treaty confirmation vote goes on this. If the dems maintain there no on everything position then it is a mute point. No treaty passes. If they decide to play ball then we will see what the Free Trade rebups will do. Either way, not confident in the uni-party going along here. 67 votes is a lot.

Not sure if that applies to a re-negotiated treaty however? We could always do an Obama and call it an agreement and not a treaty.

12. Sylvia Avery says:

McDoofus needs to trash can the 60 vote rule for Senate votes. We cannot do business hampered by that relic of a more genteel, collegial era in Senate relationships.

• Sharon says:

There are dozens of references that could be read to get background on this, but wikipedia gets it good enough – it was never about gentility or collegiality – it was always about the political power to stop something from even coming to a vote.

And take a look at some of the people involved in the constant changes [usually reducing the # of votes needed] and their reasons for wanting those changes over a century ago:

“In 1841, when the Democratic minority hoped to block a bank bill promoted by Kentucky Senator Henry Clay, he threatened to change Senate rules to allow the majority to close debate. Missouri Senator Thomas Hart Benton rebuked Clay for trying to stifle the Senate’s right to unlimited debate.

“Three quarters of a century later, in 1917, senators adopted a rule (Rule 22), at the urging of President Woodrow Wilson, that allowed the Senate to end a debate with a two-thirds majority vote, a device known as ‘cloture.’

“The new Senate rule was first put to the test in 1919, when the Senate invoked cloture to end a filibuster against the Treaty of Versailles. Even with the new cloture rule, filibusters remained an effective means to block legislation, since a two-thirds vote is difficult to obtain. Over the next five decades, the Senate occasionally tried to invoke cloture, but usually failed to gain the necessary two-thirds vote.

“*Filibusters were particularly useful to Southern senators who sought to block civil rights legislation, including anti-lynching legislation, until cloture was invoked after a 60 day filibuster against the Civil Right Act of 1964.* In 1975, the Senate reduced the number of votes required for cloture from two-thirds to three-fifths, or 60 of the current one hundred senators.”

13. WSB says:

Did the Senate return their acknowledgment and positive response to the Administration’s Letter of Intent?

14. Read through objectives on Labor (Page 13 of .pdf) and Environment (Page 14)

Looks like we are making Mexico come up to standards of the USA. No more cheap goods.

• LafnH2O says:

Imho,
      The whole Planet needs to come into the present. If they so choose.
      If we are to ever reach for the stars, we must do it together. Each peaceful soul has something to offer. Each voice a purpose.

If President, Donald J. Trump, can get them to begin, and the citizens of these countries see for themselves, in their own lives, a turn for the better…
      Maybe they will be willing to come a little further… And then a little further… And then

• piper567 says:

many countries have already made their decisions.
        frau merkel has made the decision as to how EU is ‘beginning”…and the people of Germany get a chance to agree or disagree w/her in the upcoming election cycle.
        Other countries in Eastern Europe already side w/our President, as was evident when he was in Poland (Hungary, Czechoslovakia, etc.).
        It only takes a village if the village is all facing the same direction. Don’t be a Pollyanna, LafnH20; yes, it would be nice if everyone saw freedom and security of Nations as does Trump, but many do not…and if folks vote to be overtaken by heathens, then overtaken by heathens they will be.
        Trump is attempting a massive re-alignment, and yes some will see this and join.
        Others will blindly run off the cliff.
        This is one reason Nationalism is crucial, so people in each Nation can call their shots.
        EU is just the latest iteration of a failed vision, sorta like Babel.

• Frankly Ben says:

I agree, but I don’t think that very many nations, if any at all, have the same degree of freedom of the press as we have – and look how hard it is to break through the covering fire of our corporatist press here.

The Conservative Treehouse should be the first site visited in every country in the world.

15. scott467 says:

“Multinational Corporations, Wall Street interests and Multinational Financial stakeholders (mostly banks and foreign governments), have lobbied DC politicians for decades to create trade outcomes favorable to them. It is, at its core, the financial and policy cancer that has distributed America’s physical and financial wealth globally. Additionally, multinational corporate media are part of this entire process and are stakeholders in the outcomes.”

________________

Why doesn’t the administration MAKE THIS CASE?!?

If the American People (‘writ large’) knew and understood what these special interests and political-class criminals have done, they wouldn’t survive the evening.

President Trump is uniquely positioned to DROP THE HAMMER on the whole festering, corrupt Deep State.

Hannity and Dobbs have national platforms, as does Breitbart and Drudge.

WHAT is our side WAITING FOR?!?

A sunny day?

BLOW the LID off this sucker.

Watch the cockroaches RUN for their LIVES!

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” — Henry Ford

• scott467 says:

By “Deep State” I was including ALL of the usual suspects in this international crime scene, i.e., the Chamber of Commerce, the lobbyists, the multinational banks and corporations, et al.

The whole filthy global crime syndicate.

• Jamie Diamond, CEO of Chase, came out this weekend with a scathing comment about the inability of congress to get anything done for the American people.

Reading Mr. Diamond’s words and then listening to him, I got the feeling he was not being very genuine. Spidy senses says he was parroting. I wonder what he wants? Is he a friend of our President and helping, or is he a wolf in sheeps clothing. Chase bank would be one of the multinational banks that Sundance speaks of.

• G. Combs says:

Chase Bank presidents are/were hand picked by David Rockefeller and later go on to be World Bank Presidents.

David Rockefeller used to hold a PRIVATE meeting in Westchester Co. NY for the World Bank, IMF and international banksters ….

Rockefellerocracy: Kennedy Assassinations, Watergate and Monopoly of the “Philanthropic” Foundations By Richard James DeSocio

[…] Also significant, David Rockefeller hosted annual luncheons at the family’s Westchester County Pocintico estate for the world’s finance ministers and central bank governors following the annual Washington meetings of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund. These luncheons were held at the Playhouse.

After barely two years at the World Bank, McCloy was selected by President Truman to be the US High Commimissioner for the American occupied sectors of defeated Germany. This appointment came just in time for NcCloy to pardon Martin Sandberger as well as many other key figures in the Third Reich convicted of war crimes. Sandberger’s father was a top executive and stockholder for IG Farben. Walter Teagle ran the American division of IG Farben until being accused by then-Senator Truman of high treason from the floor of the US Senate for trading with Germany, an enemy nation, and forced to resign his position. Along with Teagle, it was none other than top Rockefeller lawyer, John cCloy, who was acting as legal counsel for IGFarben, the company that manufactured the deadly Zyklon B gas used in Nazi death camps. McCloy refused to endorse plans to use US Army Air Force to bomb the rails leading into Auschwitz.

McCloy as the top defense lawyer for his Rockefeller clients, worked his whitewashing and stonewalling magic on more than just the JFK assassination. It was about a caper that became known as the Black Eagle Trust, something few people even know exists. It involves a hundred tons of looted Nazi and Japanese gold that was recovered by the US government following the war….
        Go to page 93 to see what happened to that gold.

• Trumpeter says:

Scott, I am in complete agreement about “if people knew about this…” But when I talk to people i meet they are much more interested in dancing with the stars, survivor idol… than any substantive issue. The level of addiction to and brainwashing by CNN is very disheartening and would seem to refute their low ratings. If not for Sundance and especially you, my fellow treepers I would surely be crazy by now.
      Posted from the Peoples Republic of Portland

• BigMamaTEA says:

scott467, patience grasshopper. Negotiations don’t start til towards the end of August. This is the preparation. All in good time.

16. NJF says:

God speed Mr. President!

17. wheatietoo says:

What happens if ‘negotiations’ fall apart?

Can we just say “NAFTA fails, we’re out!”…?

This is very similar to what the UK is going through, trying to get out of the EU.
    The EU started as a ‘trade agreement’…then morphed into what it is today.

We should be able to withdraw from a ‘trade agreement’ if it turns out to be a detriment to our country.
    And that is precisely what NAFTA has turned out to be…detrimental and a disaster!

• I believe NAFTA was supposed to be just like the EU. It was a gateway drug the would make NorthAmerica one country. Then the EU and NA were going to merge into the western world country which is what Soros and the ONE world government and the Mew world order was all about. TEd Cruz was(is?) heavily involved in this vision.

18. bverwey says:

As a Canadian I have been on the Trump train since the escalator walk and talk. Not to suggest I want harm to come to Canada’s economy but we have our own issues with disparity among the provinces. I wish DJT well and hopefully here we too can rid ourrself of our squish Femme Turdeau. Doesn’t sound patriotic of me but had PMSH been re-elected we would have been a lot further along the curve. Trade has to be fair trade and as such we can all benefit.

Liberalism is a foucking disease.

19. Flight93Gal says:

Note to “THE BOSS” …
    YEP. AG Sessions quiet as a church mouse. BUT… I believe he is 100% committed to renegotiating NAFTA to the betterment of the POTUS pro-America agenda. Do your own research on AG Sessions by reading at this link, his voting record as a US Senator on America First jobs and immigration : http://www.ontheissues.org/International/Jeff_Sessions_Immigration.htm
    Finally, keep in mind that like in all other POTUS scenarios…PDJT will ultimately decide if AG Sessions will remain or go to further “America First” . I continue to support the decision POTUS makes. MAGA!.

• The Boss says:

Not sure I was clear. I have NO issues with AG Sessions. I have a feeling he’ll announce an indictment or plea deal about the time the opposition heats up. That’s why he’s quiet…
      Timing is everything.

• GAPTOG says:

Oooooooo!!! Wouldn’t that be great if an indictment (or 50) or an announcement of a plea deal takes center stage just as all the BS interference by those with TRILLIONS invested in NAFTA starts to heat up!!

With President Trump we all have seen that timing is indeed everything!! Just look at the record of his timing of his most controversial tweets!

You go, Mr President and AG Sessions!!! MAGA, one indictment after another, at JUST the right time!!

👍🏼🇺🇸🚂🦁🐸❤️🙏🏼

20. youme says:

Notice US Chamber of Commerce referenced the ” TPA LAW ”

Procedure under the TPA law

If the President transmits a fast track trade agreement to Congress, then the majority leaders of the House and Senate or their designees must introduce the implementing bill submitted by the President on the first day on which their House is in session. Senators and Representatives may not amend the President’s bill, either in committee or in the Senate or House. The committees to which the bill has been referred have 45 days after its introduction to report the bill, or be automatically discharged, and each House must vote within 15 days after the bill is reported or discharged.
    In the likely case that the bill is a revenue bill (as tariffs are revenues), the bill must originate in the House (see U.S. Const., art I, sec. 7), and after the Senate received the House-passed bill, the Finance Committee would have another 15 days to report the bill or be discharged, and then the Senate would have another 15 days to pass the bill. On the House and Senate floors, each Body can debate the bill for no more than 20 hours, and thus Senators cannot filibuster the bill and it will pass with a simple majority vote. Thus the entire Congressional consideration could take no longer than 90 days.

• youme says:

From the above link:

Fast track agreements were enacted as “congressional-executive agreements” (CEAs), which must be approved by a simple majority in both chambers of Congress.
      Although Congress cannot explicitly transfer its powers to the executive branch, the 1974 trade promotion authority had the effect of delegating power to the executive, minimizing consideration of the public interest, and limiting the legislature’s influence over the bill to an up or down vote:[32]
      It allowed the executive branch to select countries for, set the substance of, negotiate and then sign trade agreements without prior congressional approval.
      It allowed the executive branch to negotiate trade agreements covering more than just tariffs and quotas.
      It established a committee system, comprising 700 industry representatives appointed by the president, to serve as advisors to the negotiations. Throughout trade talks, these individuals had access to confidential negotiating documents. Most members of Congress and the public had no such access, and there were no committees for consumer, health, environmental or other public interests.
      It empowered the executive branch to author an agreement’s implementing legislation without Congressional input.
      It required the executive branch to notify Congress 90 days before signing and entering into an agreement, but allowed unlimited time for the implementing legislation to be submitted.
      It forced a floor vote on the agreement and its implementing legislation in both chambers of Congress; the matters could not “die in committee.”
      It eliminated several floor procedures, including Senate unanimous consent, normal debate and cloture rules, and the ability to amend the legislation.
      It prevented filibuster by limiting debate to 20 hours in each chamber.
      It elevated the Special Trade Representative (STR) to the cabinet level, and required the Executive Office to house the agency.
      The 1979 version of the authority changed the name of the STR to the U.S. Trade Representative.[32]
      The 2002 version of the authority created an additional requirement for 90-day notice to Congress before negotiations could begin.[32]

• LafnH2O says:

If I’m reading this right…
        Sounds like somethong the swamp would write.
        For themselves of course.
        Too bad for them, the wrong President is in office for the next eight years. LOL

This is why, imo, they are a rolling up their sleeves, etc.
        Gonna hang some tinsel and bobbles on it and proclaim, “They’ve helped save nafta.
        Of course there is always the “Compensation” angle.
        You know, “Just wet the beak, a lil bit!

• Donna in Oregon says:

I know, I loved reading this. The Swamp greased it for Obama and Hillary and guess who’s President?!! Ah, I love it. Thanks Ted Cruz for putting this beauty forward. Without you and the Uniparty…. Trade would be harder to MAGA!

Just going to spend the next 5 minutes snickering and SNORTing and generally mocking the Swamp critters…..

• this means that what the GOP help do (Under Obama) hoping to get TPP passed will bite them on the butt by allowing a renegotiated NAFTA easier passage?

21. Ploni says:

G-dspeed, Donald John Trump!

22. scott467 says:

Sundance: “The ability to understand these motives, and the ability to communicate this to your friends and family, is the most critical skillset needed in order to fundamentally restore America and every generation behind you.”

Sundance: “To understand the larger objectives of the global and financial elite it is important to understand the three-decade global financial construct they seek to protect. Global financial exploitation of national markets:

♦With control over the targeted national industry or interest, the multinationals then leverage export of the national asset (exfiltration) through trade agreements structured to the benefit of lesser developed nation states – where they have previously established a proactive financial footprint.”

__________________

We need a CONCRETE example, something simple, relatively brief and straightforward, that nearly everyone can relate to.

Pick a product that everyone uses, something they can relate to their daily lives.

Explain how the bullet points above affect how that product comes to market, and where the MONEY goes.

Because as it stands, if I forward this article to people who don’t read CTH regularly, this goes right OVER their heads.

I understand in a general sense, because I have been reading here regularly for at least a year now, but if someone asks me a few basic questions about the bullet points above, I got nothing, because I have no idea beyond theory.

I realize your knowledge in these areas is EXTENSIVE.

Sometimes I think you forget that the rest of us don’t know what you know.

…………………………
    The term “the curse of knowledge” was coined by Chip and Dan Heath in their book Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die. It occurs when you know something so well you mistakenly assume others know it.

It gets worse with time too. The longer you’ve known something, the harder it becomes to imagine others not knowing it.http://marketingdirectionsinc.com/the-curse-of-knowledge/

[I was looking for a quote by Thomas Jeffersion about not assuming others know what you know, but the quote above it the best I could find]
    …………………………

We need a concrete example, that everyone can relate to, and that will be so clear that it makes people furious when they understand.

Can you do that?

Because if you can make THAT, I (we!) can SELL that all day long.

• Doug says:

• scott467 says:

“not everyone can relate to it if they dont live in New Orleans, but a local industry that was decimated by bad trade deals specifically with China was the Mardi Gras Bead manufacturing industry here in NOLA.”

______________

That might be a good starting place.

Though my concern with the ‘beads’ example is that something like plastic beads is so basic that there were no lobbyists involved and no multinational corporations and banks were ever involved in cornering / dominating the Mardi Gras bead manufacturing market.

However, I could be wrong!

• M. Mueller says:

Scotty, you are right. We need a concrete example showing American losses, both in money and jobs, for one product. That will be so much easier to communicate. Show & Tell.

• uvaldegirl says:

Industries like steel? Harley Davidson motor cycles – something iconic that we all assume was made here.

• trapper says:

You don’t need anyone to lay it all out for you. Just google “[fill in any state] plant closing.” Pick any search result and go read it. Bore down into that company, or that industry, and there you have it. It is everywhere, and has been for decades.

“Wisconsin plant closing.” First search result is this one, only a month old:

Talk to me about the patriotism of any person in management who would do this to other Americans, particularly NOW. It is a thumb in the eye.

• trapper says:

Oh, and there were some on here the other day expressing concern for what might happen to American companies that opened plants in China in the event of a US/China trade war. I say “screw them.” Let them choke to death on their empty Chinese factories. They didn’t care about us when they moved our jobs there and killed our small towns. Why should we care about them?

• scott467 says:

“Sorry, folks, but what you are asking Sundance to do is follow a raindrop down the river and into the ocean, to stand in the forest and describe a tree to you. Throw a rock in America and you hit a closed factory. ”

________________

I understand that closed factories are everywhere. What we have to remember is that not everyone has the same frame of reference, and indeed, a whole generation has grown up without having the frame of reference you have.

To use your analogy, describing a tree is easy. It is tangible.

Describing what happened to all of the trees in the remnants of clear-cut forest — and the interests behind the scenes that allowed it to happen — is a completely different matter.

It is a common thing to assume that everyone else knows what we know, but there are a whole lot of people who don’t. And even those who think they have a good idea often have an incomplete picture.

It may be as plain as the nose on your face for some, but for many, it is not plain or obvious at all. Especially for younger people who appear to be more interested in the Kardashians and Survivor and every other ‘reality show’ de jour.

In order to communicate with those people, we must be able to articulate this (and other) fairly complex things in a way they can understand and relate to.

It is a communication problem.

If we cannot communicate, if we cannot articulate our thoughts in a way that is compelling and makes sense to others who are not in the habit of focusing on these issues, then we’re just talking to ourselves in an echo chamber.

And in order for us to figure out how to articulate our thoughts and concepts to others, we have to understand the subject sufficiently well ourselves.

That process begins with substituting regular words for lingo and jargon, and using concrete examples, providing the outline and then connecting dots, finishing with a ‘picture’ that has an obvious personal impact on whoever ‘sees’ it.

People have to see how it affects them personally, or you won’t hold their attention long enough to finish your thought.

The enemy counts on that. They have intentionally destroyed our education system for that purpose.

So it is just a problem to be solved, another roadblock put in place by the enemy.

We have to recognize it, and then improvise, adapt and overcome.

23. Doug says:

So Sundance you had an article up a few days ago about China after or before NAFTA.. think its pretty clear the administration expects to do NAFTA first… which really makes the most sense to me anyways.. I would expect China to be addressed after ASEAN and INDIA

24. scott467 says:

“Under President Trump’s Trade positions exfiltration of U.S. national wealth is essentially stopped. This puts the multinational corporations, globalists who previously took a stake-hold in the U.S. economy with intention to export the wealth, in a position of holding interest of an asset they cannot exploit.”

_______________

It’s all abstract, with lingo and jargon like ‘exfiltration’.

Tell me about apples. Or widgets. Something concrete.

And explain how the process developed by the globalists drains wealth from America, and redistributes it to these 3rd world countries.

But don’t stop there, because that just makes them sound like Robin Hood. Explain how the third world countries never actually benefit, that’s just a convenient place for the bag man to drop the loot, outside U.S. jurisdiction.

Outline the CRIME.

Use a piece of chalk and draw a line around the body if you have to.

[actually, that would be perfect…]

Your readers have never done this before, so we don’t know the ‘routine’.

• youme says:

Start here with the 5 part interview of James Goldsmith by Charlie Rose. Goldsmith warned America and congress what would happen and he was ignored:

• scott467 says:

Thank you for the link.

I’m on part 2, when Laura D’Andrea Tyson is brought into the discussion. Makes me want to go back in time and strangle her, the way people talk about doing the same thing to Hitler.

They have wiped out whole families, generations of families, by the MILLIONS, by their economic destruction.

It’s infuriating to listen to Laura D’Andrea Tyson, a no-nothing political gas-bag, bloviate and filibuster Sir James Goldsmith. And Charlie Rose was already conducting a hostile interview before Tyson came in.

I certainly empathize with Sir James Goldsmith’s exasperation.

• I had to look up GATT. I did not know what it was. For any one else in the same position as I: GATT – the General Agreement On Trade And Tariffs

• G. Combs says:

GATT lead to the worse of them all The World Trade Organization. It was run by the Right hand man of Pascal Lamy for two terms.

Read the Articles that Lamy wrote for a real eye-opener.

Here are a couple:
          The WTO is “a laboratory for harnessing globalization” — Lamy

“Global governance requires localising global issues” — Lamy

[…] Thanks to lower transport prices, communications and information technologies, it now costs less to ship a container from Marseille to Shanghai than to move it across Europe. Production chains have become truly global, with companies locating various stages of the production process in the most cost-efficient markets. The most striking example of this globalization of the production chains is Apple, whose famous iPod is designed in the United States, manufactured with components from Japan, Korea and several other Asian countries, and assembled in China by a company from Chinese Taipei. Nowadays, most products are not “Made in the UK” or “Made in France”; they are in fact “Made in the World”.

Over the past 70 years we have constructed the legal and institutional framework to manage closer economic integration at the regional and global level. And, of course, the WTO is one part of this scheme with responsibility for the governance of international trade relations.[…]

[…]There is one place where attempts to deal with these challenges have been made and where new forms of governance have been tested for the last 60 years: in Europe. The European construction is the most ambitious experiment in supranational governance ever attempted up to now. It is the story of a desired, delineated and organized interdependence between its Member States. How has this endeavour coped with the challenges I have just outlined?

First, on the question of efficiency, Europe scores in my view rather highly. Thanks to the primacy of EU law over national law. Thanks to the work of the European Court of Justice in ensuring enforcement and respect for the rule of law. And thanks to a clear articulation between the Commission, the Parliament, and the European Court of Justice. It also scores highly from the point of view of redistribution policies. The European structural funds and cohesion policies have overall played a key role in the development of European regions and Member States.[…] </blockquote.

This article discusses the deliberate destruction of the nation state that started in the 1930s (FDR agreed to it BTW.) Pascal Lamy: Whither Globalization?

Is the globalized world of the 21st century being managed with a system [Nation States] — and a mindset [Patriotism] — designed for a century that has faded away?

25. thedoc00 says:

Somewhere along the way, between the signing of the Constitution and today, being elected to congress in order to “Serve” the people and country changed to become being “Hired” into a political career. It took the last 180 days of the Trump administration to expose the depths to which the rot has perpetuated, across the political spectrum, into our legislative branch of government. Hopefully, Trump survives the next 3 1/2 years to roll it back to a manageable level.

• Derek Hagen says:

“being elected to congress in order to “Serve” the people and country changed to become being “Hired” into a political career”

Now that is statement that focuses the mind and makes things even clearer. Thanks.

It’s not just Sundance and others like Flep, Fluffy and others, but comments by a lot of treepers that add to the overall enhancement of our knowledge. Thanks guys (“guys” being non-gender specific).

Don’t know what I’d do without this place at the end of the day.

• svenwg says:

Hopefully he not only survives in office for the next 7,5 years, but his successor carries on his way of governing the country!

26. Lburg says:

Sundance said: “The ability to understand these motives, and the ability to communicate this to your friends and family, is the most critical skillset needed in order to fundamentally restore America and every generation behind you.”

This was always the battle. This is why we’ve been coming here to learn. This is why Sundance and our other Refuge leaders are so important. Without clear understanding of what the battle is, who the enemies are and how they operate, we have no reasonable expectation of winning.

“…..fundamentally restore America and every generation behind you.”

Those words resonate and portend battles like we’ve never known.

27. Stringy theory says:

As always, it’s always about the money. GoTrump!!

28. Minnie says:

Thank you, Sundance, for your clear and concise summation.

Your last 2 paragraphs sum it all up, nicely.

I leave the heavy lifting to President Trump and his well-picked Representatives, and will continue devout prayer for the safety and sovereignty of our Blessed America.

The fight has just begun. It may get worse before it gets better, but with our faith and trust Mr. Trump will see the restoration to our country’s values and wealth.

God Bless OUR President and all who support and drive his agenda.

I’m all in 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸❤️

29. youme says:

Noticing a lot of Made in America advertisements/stories lately

30. maiingankwe says:

So, if this all goes through, as I know it will, politicians are the ones who are going to feel the belt tightening, which by the way is a good thing, a time for celebration thing. 🎉

Who knows, maybe the old timers will start retiring and making way for solid conservatives. I’m talking about men and women who love our country and will do everything to protect these agreements after its time for our President to leave office after eight years.

I mean, as greedy as these politicians are does anyone think they will hold tight for eight years? It’s not like these multinational banks are still going to keep paying them off when there is nothing there for them.

This is more than a win-win when it comes to our growth as a nation, this can really open the doors up for new blood in DC. We can keep winning for a very long time if things work out right.

Sure, the dnc will continue to fight, but with far less money in their war chest, and we all know how they like to spend money. Oh, this is going to be so good. I think I’m going to send out a bunch of thank you cards to our President’s administration, they so deserve it.

31. A2 says:

The President mentioned in his speech at the WH Made in America Day that all the legal, financial, and legislative process hurdles have been overcome for starting the trade deals renegotiations with NAFTA. This will no doubt, as mentioned above provide a boilerplate for further trade bilats. On the 19th, the Wolverines will meet with their Chinese counterparts for laying the groundwork for further trade deals. The President always has ‘two scoops’ of ice cream. 😀

32. woohoowee says:

Trump45 advised in his speech today that he likes reciprocal. That’s the key. That’s what he’s looking for.

33. MrE says:

I know this isn’t the point of your post, SD, but let me just say…

That bottom-right image in the collage at the end… I’m DYING 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Minnie says:

Made me look again 😁

Levity, it’s a beautiful thing 😁

• Rebcalintx says:

MrE, I caught that too. Love Sundance humor & pictures that portray the deeper meaning. Yes the kissing bros are in bed with each other as well as all the other incestiuos relationship in the political, MSM, Wall Street bunch.

34. Lunatic Fringe, Phd. [undocumented] says:

I’m reading into what Sundance is saying that we could expect to see folks previously thought of as allies start to pull away? Under cover of “well, we tried…”
    What part of “this is a TSUNAMI” don’t they understand?

35. mw says:

Ok Sundance I’m on it!! We will fight and we will win!

36. Scarlet says:

Splody heads will abound.

• Minnie says:

Elections have consequences.

A big heaping helping of reality is coming their way.

While they kick and scream now, they will wake up one day and realize just how close we were to falling off the cliff and be THANKFUL for OUR President’s innovative thinking and strategy.

This, I pray.

• Rebcalintx says:

Minnie, I could care less if they realize it. I just hope that dose of reality plows over them like a freight train if they stand in the way. That the true patriots will MAGA despite all the wailing,& whining from the opposing Trump crowd.

• Rebcalintx says:

Oh, sorry Minnie you are praying about that. You are more compassionate than I am. Yes I hope people will see how much our President is doing to help our country & people.

37. First, thanks.
    Nice to see competence.
    Useful as far as it goes.
    1) Me engineer. Falls short: measurability and tracking. Could illustrate one bullet, if interest on your end.
    2) Generic, lacking in context for remediation of the baseline. Canada example: Harper’s finance minister’s jawboning his way to devaluation in Canada and then laughing about it. Leverage being left on the table.

38. Sunshine says:

The Canadians met with Pence. They think the meeting went very well with a smiling but quiet Pence. Steel seemed to be an important topic. I think the Canadians don’t understand how Trump operates. Trump did reiterate many times over ”Made in America Steel”.

39. SPMI says:

The good news is President Trump has allready
    Cast the die. MAGA!

40. jeans2nd says:

First cursory read – this looks really good. The first criticism that will be heard – no details. To which the obvious reply is – of course not, dummy. How will you know the details until you negotiate them?
    Gee wiz, this is encouraging. Thanks.

41. fangdog says:

It has become much easier and simpler now. As long as Trump is America and the American people first, everything else is secondary. What is it any American patriot wants to side with the Globalist and be second fiddle?

Obviously Americans who are in on the crime, or Americans two-bricks shy of a full load. Trumps just needs to keep saying and doing, “America First” over and over again. There is no common sense answer for anything else.

42. bkrg2 says:

Now that Trump is going to fix NAFTA and other trade deals, we can expect all opposition (Uniparty, MSM, multinationals..) to attack 24/7!!!
    It’s a good thing they haven’t been doing that since November 8 /sarc

43. Donna in Oregon says:

So does this mean that patriots can give gentle reminders at their Senator’s office when they get their August vacation? YES IT DOES!!!!

Grab you’re guts and glory and sign up for a get-together. 🙂

44. We really need a live broadcast news media to show factual information of President Trump’s accomplishments. Unless people read at places like the CTH, they have no clue. It really ticks me off that he doesn’t get the recognition for all the great things he’s doing for America.

TGTW (Thank God Trump Won)

45. bkrg2 says:

Sundance has totally hit the nail on the head. The economics will be what pulls all policy and behavior into MAGA.
    All these screwed up trade deals, especially NAFTA and China MFN have sucked all the “real” economic power out of the USA – mines, energy, heavy manufacturing, light industry…
    Bringing back many of these to our GDP will continue to ensure we have the biggest portfolio (we will become twice the size of #2 China). AND we will have the most balanced portfolio of old & new technologies/industries. Lastly, no one can touch America for innovation. Sure there are pockets of innovative examples outside the USA, but overall, we lead in healthcare, financial, hardware, software, aerospace…
    Sundance has provided many examples of USA ingenuity coming to the rescue (like the burning Kuwait oil fields). No need to apologize for our former, current, or future greatness!
    Here is just one interesting article on innovation (yes USA is #10, but keep in mind almost every ranking tilts the scales as a % of GDP. This, like polling, eliminates the fact that America pumps out an insane amount of patents, pure $ spend, etc.)

• “We absolutely can not have only an economy of internet companies, phone apps, and Starbucks. It’s just not sustainable…”

Right on, great post bkrg2!

• Agree, madeline! Also not sustainable, because wealth consuming, are Tourism and Prisons (whether govt or private). Both have been touted to me by local govt idiots as, “Good for our county b/c they means jobs!”

Back to trade matters though, my DDH used to say the Chinese were not winning with these big trade deficits. “We are getting real stuff – tools, equipment, shoes, etc. and in exchange we give the Chinese pieces of green paper (or electrons)? At some point they will catch on and try to get real stuff from us!” he would say.

And what do we see now? Chinese buying our land and buildings. Hmmm, what a trade. Shoddy stuff for solid stuff. We’d better not try to reduce the US currency (and electrons) the Chinese hold, after all.

46. Ken Watson says:

Power corrupts, as they say. But it also attracts those already corrupt. It is sought by those who aspire to corruption and above all, it vastly rewards those practicing corruption even if they do so reluctantly or involuntarily. The solution? None. The mitigation? Simple. Prevent power from aggregating in a very great pile any one particular place. Do this and all other good things follow. Do it not and disaster will follow, not slowly.

47. Doesn’t anybody actually read these govt statements? At first, I thought it might be Sundance’s problem, but no, of course now. It came directly from the USTR department’s PR department, copied and pasted by SD himself.

The paragraph was bolded, so apparently the USTR thought it was important. But, Treepers, read it again. It doesn’t make sense. Either there are major and multiple punctuation problems, or the matter goes deeper. Maybe THEY cut and pasted from bad, bad copy.

Here is the offending portion (can’t say sentence or phrase or whatever) and this is way more than just carping about typos (for best results, read this aloud):

“Under President Trump’s leadership, USTR will negotiate a fair deal. America’s persistent trade imbalances, break down trade barriers, and give Americans new opportunities to grow their exports. President Trump is reclaiming American prosperity and making our country great again.”

• Orygun says:

I am not sure what you are getting at. The second sentence is written poorly(says a guy who writes poorly always) heh heh. I think he was saying to remedy persistent trade imbalances with breaking down trade barriers (such as countries refusing to accept our products while dumping tons of theirs) and that would expand our exports.
      IMHO

• jeans2nd says:

Beg pardon, but, who cares? This is not acedemia. No grading is done on proper English grammer.

Perhaps you have not noticed – there are people who write here, and indeed are in our government, for whom English is not their first language.

And perhaps the writer of that second sentence is using WordPerfect 5.1 on an IBM PS2, which did not include an English grammer checker.

48. jeans2nd says:

Our Incorrigible Deplorables who write here about econ may enjoy some excerpts from a Bloomberg “Great Mind.”

“(E)conomics is becoming a lot more empirical, focusing more on examining the data than on constructing yet more theories.”

“(E)con is paying a lot more attention to data these days. Curbing the proliferation of models and applying more empirical analysis represents a positive trend”

“(I)f the economics profession once leaned toward free-market ideology, that is no longer the case. Not only are today’s star economists likely to fall on the left side of the political spectrum, but economists in general are more pro-government than the general public on most issues.”

“(T)he caricature of economics as the priesthood of free markets is way out of date. Free-market writers and think tanks…still use simplistic old ideas to justify laissez-faire policies”

“Maybe it’s us writers, not academic economists, who need to catch up with the times.”

Thought of you all while reading this, yet another “Great Mind” who most likely also reads here. roflmbo
    hmmm…deplorable economics 101? advanced deplorable economics?

49. carrierh says:

Thanks again, SD, for enlightening many here. If one travels a lot, the would actually see how many conglomerates have taken over or forced out many of our businesses/companies here for the almighty dollar and screw American workers/buyers. Nevertheless, many countries before and will again buy our Made In America products because many companies/businesses forced out of manufacturing products here will be starting up again for the great shoes, clothing, underwear, dishes, whatever we used to get when I was growing up. Fair is fair and time to force these multis to face reality that they work on our soil and produce or suffer the consequences of import taxes for ripping off the American people. We have Chinese friends who come to buy here and take back home because of OUR American made products, thank you. While so many here seem satisfied to purchase the cheap quality stuff made by conglomerates in Asia. Go figure! I applaud each and every appointee of our President, and want the Congress to get off their butts and approve the other 128 appointees and stop blocking our President and WE real Americans to proceed forward with great progress and future.