Elections have consequences.  On the same day the U.S. economy reports astoundingly successful jobs growth of 266,000 jobs and a drop in the unemployment rate to 3.5 percent; the Canadian state economic minister reports surprisingly terrible jobs losses of 72,200 jobs and a jump in unemployment from 5.5 to 5.9 percent.

The Canadian economy is roughly one-tenth the size of the U.S. So in equivalent terms the results from Canada reflect a comparative loss of 720,000 jobs on the same day the U.S. revises all figures upward to over 300,000 gains.  A stunning economic contrast:

OTTAWA (Reuters) – The Canadian job market lost a surprise 71,200 net positions in November while the unemployment rate rose to 5.9%, the highest in more than a year, data showed on Friday, as analysts said a repeat of the weak numbers could force the Bank of Canada to rethink its monetary policy.

Analysts in a Reuters poll had forecast a gain of 10,000 jobs and had predicted the unemployment rate would hold steady at 5.5%. […] November’s numbers followed a weak report in October, when the labor market unexpectedly shed jobs despite a likely boost from hiring related to the federal election.

[…] Canada’s goods-producing industries saw a decline of 26,600 net jobs, largely on manufacturing. The services sector lost 44,400 net jobs.

November’s unemployment rate was the highest seen since the 6.0% reported in August 2018. 38,400 full-time jobs and 32,800 part-time jobs were lost in November. (read more)

It is worth remembering that Canada does not allow competition in their media sector.  The Canadian government considers the news media a protected “cultural industry”; and through a process of subsidizing broadcast all news media is essentially state run media.

Why is this important?  Well, when the expressed priority of the government is controlling broadcast information if you are intellectually honest you should apply that same ideological outlook toward any information from the government in a general sense.

The Canadian election was held on October 21st, 2019.  The central control government of Justin Trudeau would likely hold-back any negative economic information in an effort to support the ideology of the central government and maintain public opinion in advance of the voting.  However, with the election over the economic books need to be reconciled.

I strongly suspect the Canadian November jobs report encompasses some of that state run reconciliation effort.  Meaning the Canadian economy was in much worse shape in the months leading up to the election than state media were broadcasting.  The reality is now catching up….

Secondly, it was obvious in July of this year that Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Justin Trudeau entered into an agreement of mutual benefit.  Trudeau would hold back submission of the USMCA for parliamentary ratification, and left-wing political ideologues in the U.S. would help Trudeau win re-election.

At the time CTH forewarned of what this type of political arrangement really meant.

In essence Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was willing to compromise the health of his own economy for stunningly political reasons.  There was a perfect storm of negative economic dynamics clearly visible on the horizon…. but few were paying attention.

In combination with leftist economic policies on energy development that strangles economic growth through excessive regulation, the leftist government of Trudeau has dismantled the natural underpinnings of a market-based economy.  The manufacturing base of Canada is compromised, perhaps to the point of no return.

For two decades liberal (left-wing) Canadian policy essentially transformed their economic model from manufacturing to “assembly“.   The goods-based production within the Canadian economy was structured to take advantage of the NAFTA loophole.

Goods production in Canada was reduced from full manufacturing to a process of assembling parts brought in from overseas and then selling them into the U.S. market.   This process exploited the NAFTA loophole allowing foreign companies to ship parts to Canada and then assemble for transport into the U.S. without tariffs.

Over time the Canadian economy became more and more dependent on this system of brokering goods, while Canada simultaneously dismantled their heavy industry at the request of extreme environmentalists.

The Canadian assembly system for durable goods was always at risk of the NAFTA loophole being closed.  When President Trump renegotiated the USMCA, primarily with Mexico, the loophole was closed.  The USMCA rules on origination now require the parts to come from inside the North American manufacturing system.

Importing parts from Asia and simply assembling them in Canada is no longer permitted under the USMCA agreement.  The majority of the parts -which require heavy industry to produce- must originate from North America.  Canada has little capacity to take advantage of this economic opportunity because they dismantled their heavy industry.

As a consequence, if any multinational company wanting to invest in a manufacturing system, that avoids tariffs, to bring their end product to the massive U.S. market… well, Canada is no longer a viable option for that investment.

The multinational banks and investment groups who fund corporate manufacturing investment; and who are now no longer willing to underwrite Asian investment due to the impact of Trump tariffs; are focusing on where that investment can support the economic activity.

As with this latest report, when we see: “Canada’s goods-producing industries saw a decline of 26,600 net jobs, largely on manufacturing” leading the headline, this is a direct consequence of the economic dynamic identified above.

Elections have consequences; and those economic consequences are extraordinarily impactful in the era when U.S. President Trump is dismantling global supply chains; focusing on bringing high-wage manufacturing industry back to the U.S; and driving a process of profound consequence through economic nationalism.

Economic Security is National Security” ~ President Trump

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Canada, China, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Economy, European Union, Legislation, media bias, NAFTA, Nancy Pelosi, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA, USMCA. Bookmark the permalink.

288 Responses to Stunning News in Canada – Economy Loses 71,200 Jobs, Unemployment Jumps to 5.9%…

1. Dax Jaket says:

Taking no Climate change is the sign of senility or insanity — not an effective leader, unless the leader’s effectiveness is measured by the Chinese, the Islamic world, or the Russians.

2. Val says:

I wonder if Trudeau will keep his promise to bring “1 million refugees”…

3. Magabear says:

How soon can Canadians call for a new election?

I’m sure Mr. Two Face is working hard right now on improving the lives of the trans community in Canada, and really, isn’t that more important than having a decent job? 😜

I’ll take Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba straight up for New York, California and Massachusetts. Deal? 😉

• Dekester says:

Smart move. You guys would be getting a great deal.

• Rex Brocki says:

As a candidate in that Oct. 21st election (an honest one… I lost!), I’ll first answer your question: a new election can be called any time a majority of Parliament has the guts to do so (it’s called “the government losing a vote of confidence”)… but since NO party or credible group of parties has a majority, I don’t see it happening any time soon… darn it.
      With regard to your facetious (but delicious) offer of those three states, I would accept in a New York minute, IF the following condition were added: when all those millions of liberals who didn’t freeze fled their first Canadian winter, the U’S. DIDN’T LET THEM BACK IN, thus greatly improving both countries at a single stroke!

• Rex Brocki says:

… and since I’m addressing fellow treepers, I’ll add this: after that disastrous election, I met with three of my fellow candidates who had run magnificent though unsuccessful campaigns for the People’s Party of Canada (I’m a Libertarian, but so are half the people who ran for the PPC this time around… fellow travellers). I wanted to cheer them up, so I gave each of them the most meaningful symbolic gift I could think of… a Donald Trump candy bar.
        They CRIED.
        All three of them. Grown men, responsible business owners and family men, all of them, burst into tears.
        I wish somebody (Sundance? Hint, hint!) could let VSG PDJT know what kind of feelings he inspires in men and women of good will, even in foreign lands.

• Sunshine says:

I’m happy to read there is a PPC candidate Treeper here. I voted PPC, donated to the PPC, offered to do volunteer work for the PPC.
          I’m delighted that MAX isn’t abandoning the fight. He needs to get out of his county, move to a more viable area, which he plans to do.
          Meanwhile, the Party and the candidates now have ample time to do public relations’ work in their communities.

• jeans2nd says:

Oh, heck no. Have you checked Alberta lately? Moodys just downgraded Alberta again, something like the 7th time in 6 years, job loss is astronomical, and the only jobs created are gubmint jobs – some 25% of all Alberta jobs are now gubmint jobs. And their gubmint pension plans are under water. One suspects Alberta is not alone.

No, let Laughing Boy fix Canada. Perhaps Wexit will come to the rescue for some of our Canadian bretheren.

4. A2 says:

👇👇

In other news, are you watching Canada?

“ Japan’s Diet approves U.S. trade deal
    December 4, 2019 at 11:02 AM
    Japan’s Diet has completed its approval of a first-stage trade deal and a digital trade agreement with the United States, clearing the way for them to go into effect on Jan. 1. The upper house of the Diet voted in favor of the deal after the lower chamber approved it last month. U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer commended Japan’s “quick action to approve these important trade agreements between our two nations, which are the world’s first and third largest economies.”…

5. Stephen says:

No sympathy for any Canadian. Elections have consequences. They returned the Liberal Party to power knowing what a disaster it has been for the nation. Canada is essentially Britain on our border, except apparently the Brits have had enough of the globalists ruining their nation.

• Cam Heck says:

Just because Trudeau was re elected does not mean every Canadian voted for him. In fact, he lost the popular vote, just like Trump. I’m willing to bet that not a single Canadian Treeper voted for Trudeau. Maybe think twice about painting us all with the same brush: your house is majority Dem, and I am actually here on this site, because I feel terrible that you all ( and President Trump) are suffering the consequences.

• GB Bari says:

We put the Commie Muslim Ozero in the WH twice, with absolutely NO excuse the second time. It was sheer madness. But the upside was……Trump!

• Joan Horning says:

Trudeau (liberal party) actually received only 33 per cent of the popular vote, less than the conservatives, lowest in history

• Cam Heck says:

Sad, I know. And here we are nonetheless, watching helplessly as that idiot brings down what’s left of our economy, and his reputation. There’s a real WEXIT movement here in the west. Personally, I hope we leave and never send another dollar farther west then Manitoba.Then the liberal idiots in ON and QC can have their Trudeau orgy for all eternity for all I care.They deserve eachother.

• Morgan in Montreal says:

Please think twice about painting all Quebecers with the same brush by wishing upon us an eternity of Trudeau. That is just cruel! There is widespread contempt for him across this land, including here in Quebec where he got only 34.2% of the popular vote. He is a total disaster for our country, and as today’s terrible jobs report shows, the pain will be felt far beyond Alberta, and for a long time to come. Let us all hope his arrogance and awful judgment results in his government dissolving ASAP and we get another chance to put Canada back on the right track!

• Peppurr says:

Appreciate your input Morgan. I was truly disgusted with how Trudeau handled Lavalin , Jodie and Jane affair.. He should have lost the election. What do you think about the Bloc Québécois surge?

• Morgan in Montreal says:

Not happy about it for sure, but whatever the reasons for their surge, I think one reason is no doubt an anti Trudeau/Liberal vote. I know that Scheer did poorly in the French debate as well. I think the Conservative Party has got to replace him to get back into power. And maybe try running as fiscal conservatives next time!

• Peppurr says:

Ohhhh I sure agree about Sheer. I donated 2x to the Conservative Party and they had the gall to call me a third time. The guy started hounding me to up the amount. I didn’t bite, instead telling him if Sheer lost this time, they better get a new leader, otherwise, take me off their call list.

• Cam Heck says:

Morgan, what is cruel is that QC has been siphoning money off AB for decades, yet the west is continually forced to live with the vote of ON and QC. Not once have I ever seen or heard Quebecers rally together and say, “Alberta, it’s your money, you earned it, not us, it’s yours to keep. We need to make out own way.” In fact, I’ve not even heard ” Thanks Alberta, for supporting us financially. We appreciate it and have your back with our votes,” Rather, QC happily takes AB’s money, and turns around and votes against the West’s interests in virtually every election. (And has the audacity to act like petulant children, threatening to leave Canada every time things don’t go your way!) If you don’t want us to paint you with the same brush then please makes yourselves known by ACTIVELY and OVERTY supporting AB. Hold rallies, sit ins, march on Ottawa! Til then, I maintain that QC deserves to live by the result of their decades of backstabbing. #WEXIT

• Morgan in Montreal says:

I understand your anger. I oppose virtually everything that Trudeau has done as Prime Minister and I especially despise his anti- energy/western Canada policies. They are terrible for many reasons, including national unity. I also share your frustration with equalization. I think it promotes big government and dependency and western alienation. Unfortunately, it is in our constitution and not easily repealed. Thankfully, we have a centre right government here in Quebec that is attempting to get our fiscal and economic health in order with the goal of eventually getting Quebec off of equalization. Please read the Nov. 22nd Calgary Herald columns by Don Braid and Quebec’s finance minister, Eric Girard of the CAQ government.
                Some of Girard’s quotes:
                “The Quebec government intends to continue its efforts to accelerate Quebec’s economic development and create wealth… It is determined to increase the potential of its economy and its fiscal autonomy… Someday, Quebec will no longer receive equalization payments, and this will be a great day for Québec and Canada.”

• Cam Heck says:

Thanks Morgan. Good intentions, I’m sure. In the meantime, I suggest Mr Girard and the CAQ go take out a loan and pay AB back all the money it has ‘ transferred ” to QC over the years. It’s what a good neighbour does when the neighbour who has helped all these years is in need, yes?

• Morgan in Montreal says:

Once any government gets use to a stable source of revenue, they never want to lose it, regardless of how it ends up in their treasury. Quebec’s government is no exception; so don’t hold your breath on the CAQ government turning down an equalization transfer cheque from Ottawa or paying back decades of past transfers! Too unrealistic. But in theory, and in light of the current recession, I personally would support a year or two of full compensation to Alberta, even if it added 20 billion dollars to our 200 billion dollar public debt. (Any amount multiple times higher than that is unrealistic as Quebec wouldn’t have the capacity to pay it. Our gdp per capita is still significantly lower than Alberta’s and hard working productive Quebecers are taxed to death to support the bulk of government spending and redistribution of wealth.)
                  Short of repealing equalization or changing the current calculation of the formula, I think the current objective of our government to take measures that will unleash the economy and get our fiscal house in order should give all of us hope that transfers can end! I have confidence in this objective, but the current Trudeau government has got to shape up.. or ship out! Personally, I think he will bleed many more votes as time goes by and the Liberals will dump him as leader in 2 to 4 years max. He’s still not ready (and never will be) for the job of running anything.. especially our country!

• Cam Heck says:

Sadly, I doubt your good will is shared by many of your fellow Quebecers, Morgan- there would be no support for a repayment to Alberta in the way of compensation in your province, and you and i both know it. And that is why the best thing for Alberta to do, IMHO, is separate, and leave those who do not support her, to fend for themselves.
                  As for Trudeau, you will get no argument for me. He is a narcissist, an immature, intellectual lightweight with extremely bad political instincts and reckless policies, and an extremely embarrassing representative of our country. I can’t comprehend the stupidity of central/ maritime Canadians in voting for this imbecile- TWICE. So, here we are, all of us going down with Trudeau’s self made sinking ship. The west will not forget, Morgan.( My best wishes to you, personally, notwithsatnding.)

• Morgan in Montreal says:

I respect your opinion Cam, and I understand why some in Alberta/out west are ready to give up on Canada in these bleak times. I had been following U.S. politics much more closely than Canada’s during Obama’s disastrous 8 years in office. The level of angst out west wasn’t on my radar until about 2 or 3 years ago when I started following Canadian politics again, upon seeing what a disaster Trudeau’s government was. I was disappointed when Trudeau won, but I didn’t realize right away how much damage he would do, across the board! (I voted Liberal 3 times back in the 90’s and 2000, and saw their fiscally responsible policies get Canada’s fiscal house and credit rating back in order after the mulroney years. But after the sponsorship scandal in 2004 and the resumption of their tax and spend ways, I have never looked back, voting conservative only, in 5 elections) Anyways, I was stunned by the policies coming out of Ottawa, and the sentiments in the comments coming out of Alberta. In talking to other people about it, I realized many Quebecers were unaware as well. The media doesn’t exactly put a spotlight on it! All I can say without going too deep, is that Trump’s election in the U.S. shows how tipping points can trigger big reversals in harmful policies and as bleak as it seems right now, there is hope that much of the damage can be undone. It wasn’t that long ago that Harper won a majority, and with a better candidate and platform down the line I think the conservatives can regain power in Canada. In the meantime, maybe the Wexit movement can serve a purpose and do some good, if only to wake up the ROC but as someone who believes in a strong and united Canada, it’s definitely sad to see this much disillusionment among my fellow Canadians. Anyways, I wish you well Cam.. all the best

• Cam Heck says:

Firstly Morgan I want to make clear I have no issue with you personally and I understand that you feel the need to excuse your fellow Quebecers, out of loyalty. I wish more of you were aware of your own self made peril.

I think part of the problem is exactly what you’ve described- that Quebecers don’t even CARE enough to educate themselves as to how the province is kept afloat. Like a spoiled kid that was never taught any manners, QC takes and takes, never says thank you, and throws a fit if they don’t get the respect they somehow think they “deserve” . Telling Alberta that the QC media is to blame for this lack of basic decency and humanity, and entitled, spoiled and ungrateful behaviour, will not win any sympathy out west. Every Albertan knows what runs its economy whether they have read a newspaper, or not., and no one in AB bites the hand that feeds it.
                  I used to think we were a a “strong, united Canada”, but now see that Alberta was relied to build and buy ‘unity’, in the form transfer payments- and got absolutely nothing in return. Not unity, not gratitude and certainly not reciprocity. If QC, ON and the maritimes want to build unity, you will have to do it. and the west’s seen no evidence of that whatsoever, and the last two elections are proof. There’s a very long way to go on that, and not much time before Karma intervenes and serves a long, painful but well deserved lesson.

• Peppurr says:

If WEXIT ever happens, I will move back to BC.

• Will Hunt says:

It is baffling both on your side and the US side that so many people vote against their own self interests. I know its cliche… but what are they thinking????

• Peppurr says:

Excellent post Cam Heck. Agree on every word.

• Cam Heck says:

Thanks, Peppurr. If WEXIT happens, I suspect BC will be too stupid to leave, so I’ll be heading to Alberta.

• Peppurr says:

Yeah – you’re right about that. Big union province. I worked for both the Provincial and Federal gov’ts there. I also lived in Edmonton and then Leduc for a few yrs, so that’s a consideration.

• donna kovacevic says:

This Canadian Treeper did NO such thing vote for Trudope. I can’t stand him, his face make me ill.

• kerry david says:

WTF USB@$t@Rd!!! I didn’t vote for Justina trudue!!! I am a rock solid conservative knucklehead!

• donna kovacevic says:

Stephen, many of us tried to rid Justine, but it just did not work. Believe me I am beyond pissed since 2015. God help us in Canada. God forgive me for saying this, It was the wrong brother that perished in the avalanche in Revelstoke BC. Rest in peace Michel.

• Tl Howard says:

When print media and small town papers bit the dust, conservative opinion went out the window.
      I had no idea, as Sundance informed us, that the media in Canada is as “nationalized” as it is.
      Canadians need a political Jordan Peterson. Peterson’s attack on the silliness and the destructive ideas of the Left have awakened them (as well as Americans) but Peterson is not a man running for elective office.
      Leftists do all they can to make the blind feel righteous while stealing their jobs, their futures.

6. Crwys says:

Isn’t it going to get much worse for Canada one USMCA actually gets ratified? The impact of that hasn’t been felt yet.

Forgive my ignorance, but do NAFTA rules still apply until USMCA is ratified or is there an intermediate status?

• Clarissa says:

I’ve read that if USMCA is not ratified, we are back to pre-NAFTA status which is the old bilateral agreement prior to the 1990’s – USMCA is best, but the current situation is still more favorable to the interests of the US than NAFTA ever was.

7. seanbrady says:

OK but there’s one logical gap in the post. I get the idea that USMCA closes the assembly loophole and that hurts Canada. But you need to eleborate on the contention that delaying the signing of USMCA is even worse.

8. johnnyfandango says:

Poor Justin. When does he start using the racist card? I mean he’s while guy in black face..so in his mind everyone who speaks badly of him and his governance is a RACIST.
    But how dumb are Canadians to re-elect this cad?

• Pale rider says:

Easy now, we put zero in twice. And we reaped Trump from his wake.
      Our president is now a benchmark throughout the world, so where do they go from here? Get the media opened up and we will see changes all over this world.

• Raptors2020 says:

Justin is a more feminine version of AOC. America’s future. And the Greens are surging in Europe, with the same New Green Deal fantasy. Their plan is to be medieval peasants, with smartphones. The electricity will just somehow be there. Maybe from windmills?

They’re going to eliminate the oil industry, in all forms. And coal, and nuclear power. Air travel must go, and the private automobile. AOC wants travel regulated by the government: you’ll need a permit. Everyone will live in tiny apartments in big cities, with the food (vegan) produced in the littoral areas and other available spaces (rooftops). Most of the country becomes a huge nature preserve. Obama’s Government was buying up huge portions of the western USA: the plan is well underway.

Laugh at Justin: in his mind, like all fanatics and visionaries, he’s in the vanguard. Someday, he’ll be revered, for saving the world.

• dsquared says:

I watched that cheesy, old movie, “Soylent Green” the other night. I’d had all I could take of Hannity. I had your exact thought! The Green New Deal fantasy is exactly like that 1973 dystopian flick Soylent Green.

• Tl Howard says:

Progressivism relies on a need of many people to feel morally superior and “cool,” yes, “cool.” That latter is the debris of our pop culture. Consider skinny pants, gold grills on teeth, tattoos covering young, beautiful skin. The list of what is “cool” is endless.

We understood when adolescents wanted to distinguish themselves from their elders by trying to be “cool” but the desire has spread to “adults” like the idiot Trudeau.

• Tl Howard says:

An added thought: one Democrat Presidential candidate and former Senate candidate’s entire campaigns were based solely on presenting an ethos based on “cool”: Beto O’Roarke.

I am sickened that so many Texans like him.

9. donnyvee says:

Hey, look at the bright side. At least they can see a doctor in six to eight months when they need to.

10. LafnH20 says:

I wonder if China’s” boy, Tommy Donohue, and pal Mitch McConnell…
    Have “Heard” the news?

11. calbear84 says:

Canadians don’t need jobs! Everything is FREE!!!

12. Old Dawg says:

The Canuks elected and re-elected a man-child as their prime minister so this shouldn’t come as a big surprise…Stupid is as Stupid does. It’s going to get worse.

• joebkonobi says:

Unfortunately Canada does not have an electoral college like US. I believe it is all popular vote which under-represents rural voters. Big liberal cites like Montreal control through numbers. Rural Canada gets what liberal cities give them. That is why dems here in US are pushing popular vote thru states. We need to avoid that or we will be in the sae shape.

13. dufrst says:

Unfortunately for Canada, they can’t decouple from the US, even if they wanted to do so. They are stuck with us for good or bad. Their best bet is to mirror our economic policies to eliminate any advantage there would be for enterprises/investments to move south.

Currently, that’s not the case. You have a mismatch of a progressive government in Canada with a conservative government in the US. This cannot persist for too much longer before Canada begins to massively hemorrhage jobs.

Historically, Canada has mirrored US politics for the economic reality I mentioned earlier (See Reagan-Mulroney, Bush-Harper, Obama-Trudeau) but because the election of Trump was so unexpected, Canada was caught having a progressive government when the US jettisoned it’s “progressive” or democrat (not democratic as Trump says) party from power.

Therefore, this latest election in which Trudeau retains governing power through this coalition government is suicide! If (actually when) Trump is re-elected, fully expect Trudeau to be bounced out of the leading role of this coalition government to be replaced by the conservative leader. Unfortunately, the current leader is a sap and it’s up to the Conservative Party in Canada to find a nationalist like figure to mirror Trump (ala Boris in U.K.), otherwise Canada will really be in a world of hurt going forward!

BTW, what does that say of Trudeau? He desperately needs Joe Biden to win in 2020 and undoubtedly he supports the Democrat impeachment effort and whatever else they can do to weaken Trump ahead of 2020. So, Sundance is absolutely correct that Trudeau is completely behind Pelosi’s delay of USMCA, which is meant to harm Trump in the Midwest. The Midwest again will decide the election but Trump’s deregulation, his tax cuts and his tariffs are still leading to tremendous economic stability and job growth without USMCA in the Midwest! Sorry two-faced Trudeau!

14. Shyster says:

Justin from Canada is 2 faced: Broke & Broker.

15. sticknca says:

Another globalist plan continues in Canada thanks to Christia Freeland, Rhodes scholar.

• Peppurr says:

Aside from Christia’s fake cutsey role of handing out popsicles to the media, she is tight with Soros. If she becomes the next PM – we’re done.

16. RobInPA says:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

17. We the people know says:

Justin from Canada wears:
    Eyeliner (top eyelid and undereye)
    Mascara
    Eyeshadow
    Curls his eyelashes
    AND
    I believe that he wears a wig, not a toupee, a wig.

18. lansdalechip says:

Geez!
    Those numbers kinda’ socks.

19. Deplorable Canuck says:

^^%^$%^%#%$#@%#@#%$%^%^%$@#%$#@$%^%&^*^*&*(&)*&)*&)(*(&^*^%&^%$%^#%$@##$@#$ Trudeau!

@@^^#%%!$!*(!@)*^@%@$!#!! Stupid Ontario Voters!

I swear when I have too!

• John Bosley says:

Stupid Toronto voters.
      Rural Ontario voted Conservative all the way.
      Fixed it for ya.

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

I wholeheartedly agree😎

• kerry david says:

Ditto! Quobecker voters too…

• donna kovacevic says:

I am in Ontario, did not vote for Trudope and know many many others that did not. Not all Ontario is stupid voters, Toronto perhaps and a few others, NOT all.

• Concernedcitizen says:

Donna, I’ve spent quite a bit of time in Ontario cottage country. I love the beauty of the landscape, and the people are warm and friendly. Canadians seem to enjoy a quality of life that most Americans would envy.

But, here’s the problem as I see it as an outsider: Canadians are bombarded 24/7 with left-wing propaganda from their mainstream media. Turn on the CBC and you think you accidentally found CNN. Anti-Trump, anti-U.S. snark pollute the airwaves. Many of the folks I’ve met from Toronto are moonbat liberals who seem brainwashed by the liberal spin they are exposed to daily in the media, including newspapers.. They are good people, but they are victimized by the left-wing propaganda. It’s really no different than what occurs in the States.

This is why the Trudeaus of the world can get elected in Canada, and why Obama was elected twice in the U.S. It’s due to the fact that the consumers of news in Canada and the U.S.don’t get balanced coverage and liberal propaganda prevails.

Many CTH commentors are taking Canadians to task for electing Trudeau. In my opinion. this criticism is unwarranted. Sure, Canada elected a liberal loon which will damage the Country, but if it wasn’t for the Canadian mainstream media, Trudeau would have lost in a landslide.

20. Carson says:

Sounds like they could use a new trade deal…Justin, call Nancy.

21. free2313 says:

All I can SEE, is that Trudeau will not survive his ‘mandate; there will definitely be a ‘vote of non-confidence, against Justin Trudeau and he will not last the next 12 months of 2020!
    I DO NOT believe, that the majority of Canadians voted for such a wimpy, effeminate persona as Justin Trudeau.
    The truth is that the globalis,t including aspects of those from the corrupt Americans infiltrated the federal voting enclave, and corrupted the true intention of the Canadian voters.
    The shameful Justin Trudeau, should go the way of Benito Mussolini because Justin is just another traitor, like Mussolini, to its wonderful citizens…

• WSB says:

It could very well be that the GEMS software and the MAGIC FRACTIONS program are being used in Canadian voting machines as well.

Maybe Canadians didn’t vote for this fraud either.

• Rex Brocki says:

Er… our “voting machines” in Canada are all of a protoplasmic type called “Homo Sapiens.”
        ALL our votes (for national and provincial elections, at least) are HAND-COUNTED on PAPER BALLOTS… with lots of witnesses.
        I was vote-frauded out of a congressional seat in Washington State in 2010. I’ve only run in Canada since (I’m a dual citizen)… at least I can lose honestly here! (LOL).

22. Sigh2016 says:

That picture cracks me up every time but today it is most fitting!

23. The Canadian job market lost a surprise 71,200 jobs … . Where have we heard the surprise term before? Next month it will be unexpected and then unanticipated. And after that … the jobs numbers will be revised downward.

24. Doug Amos says:

Only 17000 people in Canada make anything; that means Welch’s, the grape jam maker in the little town of North East, PA would constitute roughly 1% of the entire Canadian economy that makes something. Success, and yes it is a street that runs both ways, is no mistake.

25. RLTW says:

As I watch President Trump wield the economic might of the United States I increasingly realize the folly of war.

President Trump is systematically destroying the enemies of our Country simply by denying them access to our economy.

Woe betide the military industrial/intelligence complex. You have been rendered obsolete. As well your war profits.

• American Heritage says:

The other big international powers China, the EU, et. al. have been waging economic war against us for decades. Our curruptocrat socialist politicians chose to wave a white flag and make side deals with the “frenemies” to enrich themselves.

• railer says:

Good post. Trump is applying soft power against our rivals. It strengthens us, and weakens our rivals, and also weakens the military industrial/intelligence complex as you mention.

Our rivals and the MIIC are still very powerful though, and are striking back hard. But they are being forced to come out in the sunshine now, and they don’t do well when people see them in all their corrosive effects and ugliness. Schiff is now being fed telephone records from the MIIC and using them to attack. It’s a flagrant and flaunting exposure of MIIC corruption, and they did it because they’ve been wrongfooted by Trump and are terrified of what’s happening, and will continue to happen. They are making blunders now, which feed their exposure. The corrosive effects are being reversed.

Trump’s actions have a force multiplier effect, both economically and governmentally. Once you see you cannot unsee. Our enemies are fighting a ferocious rearguard action, and have seen some successes, in delaying us. But they are on the defensive, that I can tell you.

26. John Good says:

Sundance, great explanation of the Canadian Economy, that NO-ONE here in Canadian MSM will ever let out!
    I recall reading about 15 yrs. ago that someone commented when asked about Manufacturing in Canada vs the USA. He said that, as far as overhead goes, “It’s much cheaper to Manufacture in the Southern States than Canada, because all you really need is a shell of a building, that you don’t have to heat & you can set up your machinery in there & go for it”!
    Canada is “screwed” beyond the point of no return now, as even IF someone like Trump is Elected, the PC culture here will never allow what really needs to be done in order to get Canada back on track. Trudeau’s “Diversity is Canada’s Strength Policy” that welcomed all the un-vetted illegals into Canada will never be allowed to be reversed & all the illegal immigrants that the USA did not want, will not be deported back to their respective countries!
    Best solution for Canada & Mexico is to join up with the “Largest Consumer Market in the World” & live happily ever after!

• John Bosley says:

Or Canada could go the way of Venezuela and hope for a bailout from China./s

I am sure the Chinese would just love to get their greedy hands on Canada’s resources, just need to get rid of the current occupants in the way.

27. taxpayer here says:

Oh, I don’t know, could it be the difference between liberal and Conservative leadership.

KAG 2020

28. T2020 says:

Pelosi is a drunken senile old bat and should have been put out to pasture YEARS ago. She reminds me of Obarfa and his “..if if if if if if if if if…”

29. A little off topic here, but did anything ever come out fully as to what Canada did to have their ambassador expelled from SA? I believe this goes to their being in bed with terror groups attempting to overthrow governments/regime change a la the Dims.

30. Visolat says:

I call bullsh$t. I think that the Canadian government cooked the books to keep Justina in office and are only now readjusting to reality so they dont get caught.

Just like Obama did before the 2012 election where his bagman at Labor cooked the books by counting more unemployed as ‘leaving the labor force’ and thus excluded from the unemployment rate.

It is plain to see what they did by comparing the difference between U3 and U6 and the gigantic decrease in labor participation rate – all changing in the run up to the election.

31. Rynn69 says:

Impeachment is a gargantuan mistake by Pelosi, but I would argue not signing the USMCA will have a devastating impact on her party as well. This is a key issue to people here in the Rust Belt states of MI/WI/OH/PA and upstate NY. She is listening to CA and NY, Hollywood, and Green Idiots. She has no idea. All key battleground states in Rust Belt want USMCA.

32. rioosodog says:

Guess the “deal” that Trudeau made with Nervous Nancy to not vote on the trade deal is not looking good for the Canadians that voted that fool in.

33. Pegon Zellschmidt says:

“Canada simultaneously dismantled their heavy industry at the request of extreme environmentalists.”
    I wonder if those that support these ‘environmentalists’ realize that pollution is pollution whether it comes from Canada or China and it’s much easier to control and monitor. I’m sure they have a cute retort.

• Sharon says:

I’ve concluded that the greens believe that massive pollution from China, India, etc. stays within their borders.

It’s funny how they think borders are impermeable with regard to air pollution but non-existent when it comes to break-and-enter human pollution.

34. Pokey says:

I always used to think that Canadian voters usually resolve their own leadership problems before they become a world wide embarrassment. I was wrong, and now those voters are finding out how bad the recent election really went for them. I expect Trudeau to have to stand for another election within 2 years.
    Too bad they take too much from their American friends and don’t get anything right until all other possibilities have been exhausted. We finally woke up and elected a businessman as our President and have gotten the bonus of a man who wants the best for his own country. Maybe Canada is ripe to do the same.

35. Les Standard says:

Little Fidel Jr is a chip off the old commie block. Next he will sell Canukistan off to the lowest bidder

36. graficgod says: