What happens when the silent majority stand up in full force and elect a president entirely focused on advancing the interests of Main Street over Wall Street?  What happens when that President takes office and begins systematically instituting a comprehensive series of economic policies that are targeted to Make America Great Again?

The middle-class of America benefits.  That’s what happens.  And when economic, trade, and U.S. financial policy are focused to improve the outcomes for the middle-class, the entire landscape of beneficial outcomes within the U.S. economy shifts…. Bigly.

Express Pro Survey – America’s blue collar workers may be one of the most optimistic groups in the country today. According to a new study conducted by The Harris Poll and commissioned by Express Employment Professionals, 85 percent of America’s blue collar workers see their lives heading “in the right direction.”

Sixty-nine (69) percent also say their local communities are heading in the right direction, and 51 percent say the same about the country as whole.

The national survey of 1,049 blue collar workers was conducted online by The Harris Poll between July 9 and 23, 2018, on behalf of Express and offers a detailed, in-depth look at the background and attitudes of those working in blue collar professions.

“There’s been a great deal of chatter about the future and frustrations of America’s blue collar workers,” said Express CEO Bill Stoller. “Our survey reveals that blue collar workers are upbeat, optimistic and proud of the work they do. While the news is often full of stories about economic anxieties, this survey shows workers who are exceptionally optimistic. While they certainly express concerns, it’s clear that the vast majority feel like things will work out for themselves and their families.” (more)

Here’s an interesting dichotomy: Blue collar workers are slightly more likely to identify with the Democratic party, 35 percent vs. 31 percent for Republicans. By a small margin, they think Republicans do a better job of helping blue collar Americans than Democrats, 39 percent vs. 36 percent.  (link)

In general, blue collar workers are optimistic about their personal situation and about the future.

• 85 percent say their lives are heading in the right direction
  • 69 percent say their local communities are heading in the right direction
  • 58 percent say their states are heading in the right direction
  • 51 percent say the country is heading in the right direction

Fifty-five (55) percent say they are better off now than they were five years ago.

• 20 percent say they are worse off
  • 26 percent say they are about the same
  • 61 percent of skilled trade workers say they are better off; 45 percent of general labor workers say they are better off.

The past year has been good for blue collar workers.

• More than two-thirds (68 percent) report a pay increase in the past year
  • Of those that saw a pay increase in the last year, 39 percent received a raise of more than 5 percent
  • 45 percent report receiving more responsibilities in the past year
  • 35 percent report receiving a promotion in the past year

“I think there is a tendency for those with college degrees to speculate about how blue collar workers are doing,” Stoller said. “But this survey shows that most blue collar workers feel good about themselves and their jobs. They’re proud of who they are and what they do. As we head into Labor Day weekend, this survey shows that America’s labor force is doing well-and that’s good to see.

Full Survey pdf:

This entry was posted in Auto Sector, Donald Trump, Economy, Election 2016, Election 2018, Legislation, media bias, Mike pence, NAFTA, President Trump, Trade Deal, Transportation, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

132 Responses to MAGA Survey: 85 percent of America’s blue collar workers see their lives heading “in the right direction”…

1. Paul B. says:

Wall St. isn’t doing too badly either. But the economic health is being built from the inside-out, the way it should be, the way it will last unless messed with again.

• RoddREpub says:

That’s a fact! Fixing issues for the forgotten man and woman moves the entire country in the right direction!

• Jedi9 says:

“unless messed with again.”

We can not go back to sleep! Every election counts!

The first step: indict, prosecute and convict the treasonous people who tried to subvert our America’s sovereignty! This serves as impetus for future would be evil doers to think twice about pulling a Clinton or an Obama Brennen!

Defeat every socialist candidate who tries to put forth their ideology of Cultural Marxism! The war for hearts and minds has to have an outcome with victory as the only option for Freedom in every aspect of ordinary life for citizens!

Free speech has to be defended, protected and restored! That means taking on big Tech Companies and writing a new piece of legislation that makes it illegal for the tech giants to discriminate against political views! That also includes Illegal spying, unauthorized data collection of personal information and if caught fines totaling in the millions will be assessed! Cyber communications should be deemed a public utility and a new cyber space bill of rights needs to be establish and put into law!

Finally, a new piece of legislation needs to be implemented to address the media’s blatant and systematic practice of misinforming the public, where News Corps will be held liable for purposely spreading false news.

• Iwasthere says:

Jobs, jobs, jobs. That creates mobility and opportunity and wage pressure. No one on that stage R or D said what trump was saying – let’s fight for those jobs. Everyone else ? Better tell those folks in Michigan these jobs are never coming back! McCain hot mike said the same! Well guess what, those jobs would have never come back when you have already surrendered the middle class. I like this guy, he fights.

• Lemmy says:

Given this news, the Democratic position to abolish ICE, and #walkaway, here’s a gimpse of the coming Blue Wave:

2. Curry Worsham says:

The money quote:

More than two-thirds (68 percent) [of blue collar workers] report a pay increase in the past year.

Suck on that,CNN!

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“As we head into Labor Day weekend, this survey shows that America’s labor force is doing well-and that’s good to see.”

Try as they will, the fake news MSM will not be able to spin that, because the blue collar workers can see it for themselves with their own eyes.

• Jan says:

They won’t even try to spin it. They’ll just ignore it, like they ignored the adjustment in GDP from 4.1% to 4.2% for the last quarter & just like they ignore all good news favorable to Pres. Trump. Just like AG Sessions ignores those in his departments who have broken laws, the public trust & seek to undermine & impeach my President. .

4. redline says:

Blue collar, RED wave! 🙂

5. Suite D says:

Pinch me! Am I in the waaaaay back machine when we valued hard work and an honest day’s work for an honest day’ s pay? MAGA!!!

6. NoJuan Importante says:

Slowly, but surely, they are coming to the realization that the guy in the White House is not like the others.

7. Dutchman says:

KEY question, going forward, that most impacts both mid-terms and 2020.

“Are you better off NOW, then you were before President Trump was elected?”

EVERYTHING else is chaff.

Those who answered “Yes”, also believe Country is ‘headed in right direction’, and will vote R in the midterms, and for POTUS in 2020.

It really is that simple.

8. wheatietoo says:

It took a patriot businessman to expose the Left’s war on US businesses.

With the advent of Globalism, we saw the media-entertainment industry throw their weight into demonizing US Business.
    So when companies started fleeing our country…many people acted like “good riddance!”

Millions of Jobs disappeared, millions of lives destroyed.
    And the media-entertainment industry ignored it.

This was by design.
    How do you cripple the US? …You cripple it’s middle class.

If you wanted to Destroy the United States, what would you do differently?

Thank God for President Trump.

• Bendix says:

Good point.

• Gil says:

Wolveriiines!😁

• Minnie says:

Amen 🙏🏼

• sterling1776 says:

Well said Wheatie.

• Elizabeth Carter says:

It broke my heart as I watched our country destroyed by the globalists. I literally cried many times. It seemed so hopeless. I am not a blue collar worker, but I have total respect for them.
      I am so impressed with President Trump’s solutions. I teared up when I read his trade deal with Mexico where he was making Mexico pay it’s workers $16 per hour.
      Trade deals are usually worked out so that the “elites” get a lot more money and the workers suffer even more.
      I am so hopeful that this is the beginning of really changing the world to care more about the 99% than the 1%.
      Thank God for President Trump. God bless America. MAGA

• Minnie says:

Amen 🙏🏼

• Suite D says:

God bless you Elizabeth. When reading a trade deal causes blurry vision we KNOW the world has changed! The Atlas that shrugged has been replaced by the strength of Trump. The long eight year depression is over. Tears of joy from now on. MAGA!!!

• Turranos says:

What a time to be alive and enjoying every second of this!

• jmarshs says:

Since the adoption of NAFTA in 1994, the value of the Peso has dropped 700% against the dollar. Even though the GDP of Mexico has risen tremendously since 1994, Mexican poverty is still stuck at just over 50%. In 1994 a Peso could by 35 cents of US goods – now only a nickle.

Wages in Mexico (and China) have been kept artificially low – not reflecting true supply-and-demand. This was done at the behest of “globalist” transnational corporations. It’s been a Zero Sum Game. A race to the bottom. And we have a 21 trillion dollar debt to prove it.

The US won’t really be great again until our neighbor Mexico is great too. There is no reason at all that Mexico can’t be one of the wealthiest, per-ca pita, nations on Earth. The Mexican people are, by and large, wonderful, hardworking and honest.

Trump is changing the World before out very eyes.

• Bud Klatsch says:

Can Mexican blue collar workers vote in the coming election? All the illegals can.

• Amy2 says:

But, but, politicians are always saying they want to make our middle class lives better…

9. fleporeblog says:

This is how we will be able to carry TRUMPISM forward for the next 50+ years! Every future Republican Presidential Candidate will be measured against our beloved President. Voters will want to know that when you take office, what exactly are you going to do to push PDJT’s legacy forward.

All the ingredients are beginning to take shape. Blue collar workers will represent the Trump base for generations to come. Generation Z is the most conservative generation since the incredible WWII generation. They are growing up and becoming adults during this incredible time in our country’s history. They will ensure that the legacy and policies of PDJT are carried forward.

The Republican bench is full of young dynamic leaders that are being groomed by our Lion. Rep. Ron DeSantis, Rep. Matt Gaetz, Rep. Devin Nunes, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Rep. Jim Jordan, Governor Abbott, Governor Bevin to name a few.

The idea that there will be a Blue Wave is absolutely ludicrous given the data from this poll. Money talks and BS walks!

• trapper says:

My face hurts from smiling all the time. Hah!

• fleporeblog says:

It is all a lie!

• NotALiberal says:

When I find myself in conversations with Gen Z kids, I’m absolutely taken aback by their profound love for our POTUS. I was, unfortunately, a little more liberal in my thinking way back in the day, but these young folks honestly give me a true hope for the future of this nation, OUR nation.

One of them I spoke to actually mentioned that he wanted to provoke his parents, so he told them that, if he could vote, he would vote for DJT in 2016 (they apparently went completely nuts with that statement). What he said next was beautiful: “I no longer wish to hurt or provoke my parents. However, after watching America begin to be respected again and the fact that I believe our President is doing what he can for ALL citizens of this country, in 2020 I will be old enough to vote and will be voting for Donald J. Trump. If I go about this the right way, maybe my parents will too.”

• gman-reloaded says:

I agree fully. I didn’t even know about Gen Z-(just looked up age range). But what I have been noticing is young men/women just killing it at their jobs. I pretty much go to the same stores all the time. And every time I see the same kids hustling, working their job. They are polite and efficient at the cash registers, customer service, etc. Even the young lad that collects carts at the Food Lion always has that parking lot squared away.

AND I cannot remember seeing SO many babies. I am not racist, but these are WHITE babies being raised by blue-collar families (mother and father present).

It is , indeed, very encouraging

• fleporeblog says:

Wow 😮 that is awesome!

• Pipefitter1289 says:

I think we need to start a Trump School of Government! If Kennedy has one how much more do we need one! That would help spread and embed Trumpism into our culture!

• Dave says:

Schools improve nothing. Schools helped get us into this mess. Better to require every would-be government solon to stand humbly among iron workers and laborers and service managers, watching and listening in silence as regular people carry the nation on their backs.

10. mr.piddles says:

Democrats: “Who?”

11. Ditch Mitch says:

And the Red Tsunami continues to build.

12. Burnt Toast says:

To people who do real work –

You Built That.

13. Bendix says:

As I’ve said before, the down and out are even thinking they might get to rejoin the workforce.

14. Marygrace Powers says:

Two years ago sundance nailed it ……

Two Divergent Platforms: Donald Trump’s Main Street -VS- Hillary Clinton’s Wall Street…
    Posted on August 7, 2016 by sundance

• Except for the very last part, about Sessions.
      Does ANYONE have the slightest inkling of hope that Sessions will clean house at the FBI and/or DOJ?
      Who jumps to mind as a replacement, capable of doing that necessary housecleaning???

• HHC - 2nd 16th says:

Any high ranking JAG officer would do. Their obligation and duty is the law. Politics do not enter the equation within the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Or Joe DiGenova and his wife…..those two will hang’m all!

• Bud Klatsch says:

Joe’ recused’ himself earlier this year in representing PDJT. Not sure what that was about, but if it was intended to clear future choice as AG, that would be fine with me.

• ann says:

Yes. Civilian justice is inoperative & our nat sec has had open breaches for years, under Mueller, Holder Lynch and Comey. I couldn’t believe Comey admitted openly how submissive he was to Loretta Lync. i am deeply ashamed of the performance of our counterintelligence division. Civilians with high level clearances should be under military code of of justice, or quit! Restore our ethos of honourable conduct and courage to do one’s duty without conflicting considerations of institutional and political loyalties. The United States citizens own our intell apparatus, it is leased, not the property of this revolting cabal of transnational insiders who are used to running the shop .

• CMDCMRET says:

I’ll stand up. I believe Jeff Sessions is doing his job and doing it well. I believe that many pieces have to be in place before the indictments come but I see the FBI and DOJ being cleaned out slowly. The trickle will burst the dam. I understand that many here don’t see it that way. Got it. Time will tell. I was wrong before…seems like that happened in 1987.

• Clinteastwood says:

Larry Clayman Judicial Watch.

• Rhoda R says:

We all throw around the idea of courts martial with regard to this coup attempt but consider: The EO that would allow that approach doesn’t take effect until 1 Jan 2019. Could the slow rolling on the part of Sessions and his team be because they don’t want to indict someone that they will have to try in the civilian courts?

• kiskiminetas says:

I do and always have.

• ann says:

Insightful. Mary

15. trapper says:

And this is just the bare beginnings. Just wait for all the manufacturing to start flooding back. Coupled with a focus on buying stuff made in America, it’s gonna be mind blowing. They won’t be able to GIVE away stuff made in China.

16. JoForth says:

The question I have is wither or not IT guys are considered blue collar. I guess I mostly sit as a desk but when stuff comes in I go and fix a problem in person. Either way, thanks to President Trump I am making approx 100 more a paycheck.

• oldschool says:

Traditionally Jo, folks that worked in offices, degreed, or held professional licenses were white collar. Factory workers, tradesmen, and others who did manual labor, blue collar.

Housewives do it all!

• jeans2nd says:

Manufacturing IT guys are half-and-half blue/white collar.

We never dressed in suits or high heels, as one could spend days out in the plant, then go straight to the VP’s office. My work included going to the VP’s home (!) to install his fiber and ethernet.
      We thought we were the “service” jobs. Boy were we ever fooled.

• gman-reloaded says:

I’m an IT guy and I consider myself blue collar. I grind it everyday providing Level 2-3 support for VoIP platforms. Once I start the day working tickets, I barely leave my desk until well after 9-10 hours.

AND I’ve already received (2) $5/hour raises this year.

17. White Apple says:

Blue collar workers are historically democrat. It will take awhile for most all of them to favor republicans. It is emotional and requires an emotional shift, but a shift will eventually come about. It is one of these; “Daddy before me, granddaddy before him and great-granddaddy before granddaddy” sort of deals.

It also gets down to how embarrassing it must be to be a democrat right now.

• oldschool says:

Remember daddy talking politics at the dinner table, teaching us “democrats are for the working man, republicans are for the wealthy”. As daddy aged, he came to the conclusion “they’re all crooks”.

• Truthfilter says:

My grandfather used to say the same thing! He was a yellow dog Democrat until the mid to late 1980s when we finally showed him the Congressional voting record thanks to a pamphlet published by the Christian Coalition. He saw that every single Democrat voted pro-choice. He very reluctantly voted for Bush Sr. —-

• dissonant1 says:

You are right but the encouraging thing is that lots of “traditional” blue collar Dems in PA, OH, MI, WI, and MN voted for Trump – and that was before ANY of the tremendous things he is doing for the economy and for them happened. Why would any of them, their families, or their neighbors ever vote for Dems again?

• Some Old Guy says:

While many, if not most, will pull the lever for Trump, I’m less confident that necessarily extends towards all Republicans. IMO Republicans must strongly and loudly self identify with Trump’s economic policies to hope that blue collar voters translate their support from Trump to said Republican candidates.

• CMDCMRET says:

My father was a Democrat, the mayor of our town, and a good man. He would be appalled at what they’ve become.

• mr.piddles says:

“It will take awhile for most all of them to favor republicans.”

Doesn’t have to be such a radical transformation. Just a move to the “middle” will do — independent. “I do what’s good for my family and myself. Otherwise I would be an idiot.”

• Rhoda R says:

That might explain the high number of Independents showing up on surveys these days. Former democrats that can’t swallow being a republican and former republicans who can’t swallow being a republican any more.

18. trapper says:

Time for a reprise

19. Pyrthroes says:

By November 2020, Trump’s Red Tide –better a “Blue Skies” phenomenon– will have become a case study in contrasts with 2008 – ’16, Gangrenous’ willful sabotage of American interests on every front. The comparison that comes to mind is Ludwig Erhard’s seminal Wirtschaftswunder, West Germany’s “economic miracle” that definitively refuted every communo-fascist, collectivist/Statist pretense of Stalin’s abominable Captive Nations-Iron Curtain satrapies.

By very nature, ranting ideologues are incapable of comprehending, nevermind adapting to this development, which by AD 2024 will have become irreversible both in fact and fancy. Neither “Trump Prosperity” nor MAGA do justice to what is already shaping up as a worldwide rejection of ossified, self-dealing Dirigistes, Enarques and commissariats of every stripe.

We’ll know for sure when birthrates from Europe to Cathay commence a rebound. Meantime, heading into a 70+ year Grand Solar Minimum through c. AD 2100 following the end of Earth’s 12,250-year Holocene Interglacial Epoch in 1350, looming socio-cultural/economic shifts have not yet found a name.

• Unless this is a Flat Earth..wink wink

• GB Bari says:

A rather heady, high altitude observation and prediction, yet at this point it is difficult to dispute.

The most important issue with birth rates is that they achieve better-than maintenance levels in historically western cultures. Yes, I’ll say it – historically white, Christian cultures, regardless of how racially integrated they have become, that have been at the forefront of almost every positive societal and cultural change for mankind.

20. Fromseatoshinningsea says:

Precisely the way DJT the developer built hotels, office & resi towers, from the bottom up. He told you what he was going to do in the campaign and by God he’s doing it. Juxtapose that to “shovel ready jobs.”

21. hoghead says:

This is all terrible news, if you’re a radical leftover. And this benefits everyone…a truly colorblind reawakening, so no one group is getting special breaks. That is the worst part of this story for the Venezuela wannabees.
    I’m not a young man. My working career began just as the old postwar economy was beginning to drain away to other countries, courtesy of our brilliant “leaders”. I never thought I’d ever see this actually come back. Amazing.
    And it isn’t amazing that a non politician is bringing it back; it’s amazing that a non politician was actually nominated by a major party and then elected. Thank you, Lord, for your unmerited favor.

22. rbrtsmth says:

Trump needs to Tweet this bad-boy out to @BarackObama

• BillRiser says:

President Trumps is bringing back so many more great manufacturing jobs back to the US and they will have US made Steel and Aluminum to manufacturer their products with. Damn!

Get those Trade Schools pumping out all the new jobs ($35.00 HR/ $75,000 yr) that will be needed in the Casting, Stamping and Sub Assemble businesses. Get the local Colleges pumping out all the new Accountants, Sales Mangers and Sales people needed to make and count all that new American $$ being earned!

America First is what is making MAGA!!

• hillbilly4 says:

Mike Rowe has been the unsung hero of the resurgence of the Blue Collar worker. He has, almost alone, sung the praises of those do an honest day’s work. He continues to lift up the Blue Collar man & woman.
      A recent meeting of high school students and a well known company CEO discussed this very topic….his company had hundreds of skilled-labor type jobs, good paying jobs for those willing to work AND stay off drugs.
      Trump knows how to build things: it starts with a belief that good, hardworking man and women can accomplish the impossible.

Maybe the song “The Impossible Dream’ should be dedicated to Trump & Mike Rowe.

• wheatietoo says:

Love Mike Rowe.

I understand why he’s trying to remain neutral on politics…but it gives cover to the Dems who have been largely responsible for killing the blue-collar jobs that he wants to see brought back.

I think Mike probably voted for Pres Trump.
      How could he have possibly supported Hillary?

Come on, Mike…it’s time to pick a side, buddy.
      The Dems had years to support what you’re doing, but they didn’t.
      You’ve finally got a President who is actually doing what you’ve been advocating for years.

• Rhoda R says:

No. He’s absolutely correct. His movement needs to be politically neutral. How many times have we gotten furious at some CEO or an other that tied their company to the left? And our response is mild compared to the insane leftist hysteria.

• wheatietoo says:

Ah…you’re right about that, Rhoda.
          Thanks for the reminder.

But in this case, Mike isn’t a CEO of a company or offering a product or service.

He’s the head of a foundation that is promoting blue-collar jobs.

So anyone trying to boycott him would just be boycotting…jobs.

But then, some leftists are just stupid enough to do that!

• GB Bari says:

I don’t agree with equating the Left to the Right. Ever.

We are justifiably and righteously furious when American corporate CEO’s proclaim anti-American policies and refuse to support (via advertising or use of their software) those who are overtly pro-American and supportive of MAGA policies.

Those CEOs are spitting on the hundreds of thousands of brave men and women who gave up their lives or were permanently maimed and disfigured in defending this country and fighting for the basic freedoms as outlined in our Constitution.

Mike Rowe’s stated neutrality does appear a bit weak-spined which should be anathema to him. But, he has built a successful career working in the media, and knows only too well the rampant and virulent anti-Trump, anti-conservative attitude within much of that industry. So his publicly-declared political neutrality is obviously a matter of brand preservation for the moment.

23. CNN_sucks says:

Say it loud and spread it wide. Silicon Valley suppressed this kind of good news attributed to PDJT.

24. Sporty says:

My company for the first time in yrs.decided to give us a raise. Whohoo.

25. rayvandune says:

I just realized I saw an article on this survey in the local lib-rag today, except the emphasis was upside-down, literally. For example the survey’s finding that 85% felt they were doing better was reported as 15% felt they were still doing no better or worse!

I think Lincoln was right about reporters and Hell!

26. NJF says:

These people are our enemy.

So happy & proud to see these numbers.

• CMDCMRET says:

Tur? Methinks he dropped the d.

• mr.piddles says:

Definitely getting a little dusty in the studio.

The tell: “I wonder if enough people in this country find the actions and the behavior repulsive enough to want to change what’s going on.” (exasperation emoji)

Change? From what? Booming economy? More jobs? Better jobs? Lower taxes? Better trade? High consumer confidence? Positive outlook? What? What exactly do you think need to be changed?

These people want to control the narrative. They want to ideologically shape the electorate through their propaganda, shipped over 100Gbps pipes and shot into space and back. It’s not working. And that must be very… very… very… upsetting. You’d cry too.

27. Minnie says:

Warning: thought jumble.

Perhaps you can help because it just occurred to me.

What if, by calling out the apple/banana network, Mr. President is cuing them up and challenging them to address the MOAB, once it is detonated?

We all know it’s coming.

THEY know it’s coming.

They would have an opportunity to earn back the trust of We the People.

They could actually one day, themselves, be redeemable.

We all know our Lion is strategic, pure genius is he ❤️

Again, just a thought.

I hope I have written it clearly. Unfortunately I don’t always transcribe my thoughts very well.

Appreciate your reading.

MAGA forward 🇺🇸🦁🇺🇸

• Minnie says:

Sincerest apologies, wrong thread 😐

• mr.piddles says:

That’s fine.

“Maybe, hopefully, they get off their high horses and actually do something good, meaningful and truthful when the “moment” arrives.”

That’s not their objective. I know, would be nice, but they’re on a mission, per their Leftist Globalist Overlords. They will spin whatever happens from here on out until they are blue in the face, just as they have been all along. They will spin and obfuscate and “resist” until the only audience they have left is the echo chamber drones that hate Trump as much as CNN does and hangs on Don Lemon’s and Old Man Bernstein’s and Jeffrey Boobin’s every word. They’re probably close to that point now.

28. Bogeyfree says:

Common sense policies! The first President in my lifetime to understand that he is here to serve and protect ALL Americans first and foremost.

• mr.piddles says:

“America first. America FIRST.”

“Together, We Will Make America Strong Again. We Will Make America Wealthy Again. We Will Make America Proud Again. We Will Make America Safe Again. And, Yes, Together, We Will Make America Great Again.”

Cheerleader, believer, patriot.

29. starfcker says:

Imagine if that President were to hire an attorney general who had that same single-minded focus on rooting out corruption. I’m starting the same think of Jeff Sessions the same way I think of John McCain. Pure corrupt-o-crat to the bone marrow. I have thought he was in over his head, a timid little man. The revelations of the past few weeks and the silence from his office leave me to believe that it’s a lot worse than that. A total piece of sh#t. Fire him Mr. President. Fire him like a dog. He is cut from the same cloth as John McCain. And the country will never heal until we get rid of them all.

30. p'odwats says:

Democrats always have to resort to scare tactics to get people to vote for them. We who oppose them don’t need to get down to their level. If you live in a blue state like California, New York or Illinois we don’t need to lie. The Democrats have turned those states into truly SCARY places without anyone’s help!

• GB Bari says:

Democrats scare tactics are basically to tell huge lies about what Republicans will do to them once in power. Starve their kids, take away grandmas Social Security, and literally put them all in the gulag if they aren’t white and Bible-thumping Christians.

Republicans on the other hand, have never had to lie about the dangers of electing Democraps. There is too much recorded history showing the significant problems they have created each and every time they’re put in charge.

So while Republicans also use “scare” tactics in campaign advertising, they are based in demonstrably true facts, unlike Democrats distortion and deceitful tactics.

31. Truthfilter says:

Today a Rush Caller made a great point: The Left is relying on historical data when they say they will take over Congress in November. It’s different this time. If the media would EVER report on the President’s achievements, we MIGHT become complacent enough to stay home and let the Dems take the House. Thanks to their constant bashing of POTUS and their threats to remove him, we will show up in droves on Election Day! Backlash baby!

• FL_GUY says:

Let me make an observation on the “historical data” about the party with the Presidency losing seats in the mid-terms. That only happens when the President is not performing or fulfilling the campaign promises. Every time a President performed well, his party GAINED!. When FDR was elected President, he steadily gained D-Rats reps because the people appreciated what he was doing.

President Trump is totally doing what he said he was going to do. People do NOT need the media to tell them because they see it with every “Now Hiring” sign, with every raise, with every bonus, with every pay check. The stupid D-Rats are actually running on getting rid of President Trump, the benefactor of literally MILLIONS of people. People who are reminded of the benefits with every pay check and every new job they have available. Do you really believe there are enough stupid people to throw that all away? I DO NOT!

President Trump is going on the campaign trail in a big way. By the time he’s finished delivering his message to the millions of grateful citizens of the USA, the D-Rats are going to be finished.

The only “Blue Wave” is the swirling around the bowl and down the hole! The D-Rats are going to lose seats in both the House and the Senate. I’m fairly conservative with my predictions and it’s likely to be even a bigger R WIN in both houses than I currently envision. It will likely be YUGE!!!! President Trump IS THE BOSS!!! A BOSS We the People love. WIth every new job and every pay check, people love him more and more. JMHO

• Bogeyfree says:

In a way PT is like Rocky, rough around the edges but a good heart inside and he keeps getting up from the non-stop fake news pounding he gets everyday.

Americans love a guy that works hard, doesn’t quite and can take the blows and keep coming.

• FL_GUY says:

You wrote: I think PT should dump the Aerosmith song and go to Rocky’s theme at his rallies!

I agree! Particularly after that hypocritical girly boy Tyler dissed him about the song (that over the hill druggy Tyler is older than me (I ain’t a spring chicken) and today is a joke as a rocker, or should I say he NEEDS a rocker). These POS don’t realize they have no say so over who pays to use their music.

Personally, I think President Trump needs to hire some people to write original scores for his rallies that he owns so that the media will not be able to use copyright as an excuse to hide the crowd roars. I believe there are numerous talents that would be happy to do so for President Trump!

32. jmarshs says:

I have an Bachelors of Architecture and have worked 20+ years in the business. I’ve also worked (and am currently working) as a General Contractor and Designer for a Developer. I’ve met, worked with, and hired many high school educated electricians, plumbers, drywallers, painters, etc.

What’s funny (or not, lol) is that MANY of them actually earn MORE money than architects and engineers. They own their own businesses (or someday want too), their own buildings, typically a free standing shop or warehouse, and usually a small fleet of company trucks and vans and some heavy equipment. They provide insurance and 401k’s for their employees.

Most Americans work for small businesses.

Construction is one of the few businesses that could not be “out sourced” or shipped over seas. It still takes about the same number of people to build a building today as it did 100 years ago. Most materials are still made locally because it costs too much to ship them across the Country.

I got Trump from Day One (I went to college in the 80’s when Trump was in his heyday). And I’m sure that the many millions in the construction industries got him as well.

A developer lives and dies by his reputation as being fair since you often don’t get paid until the project is funded. The building community is too small to allow those who don’t pay their bills to last.

Also, a developer hires consultants and gets advice. He weighs the information and then takes decisive action and responsibility.

What Trump is doing so masterfully is nothing but game to him – and we are very lucky to be witnessing it. I’m certain he’s had projects that were far more intricate, convoluted and complex then running the Government. Justin from Canada? Lol. He eats those types for breakfast.

• Suite D says:

Marshs, winnamins, not just for breakfast anymore. Charles Atlas aka Trump will kick so much sand in that 90 lb. weakling’s face he’ll be the beach. MAGA!!!

• Excellent contribution, jmarshs.

Amazing how many initiatives, relationships and resources that POTUS relentlessly weaves together, multiplying his leverage for each in the process.

There’s nothing about President Trump that fails to amaze.

33. znoxide says:

As a personal anecdote, I have been looking for a different job for the last couple years semi-passively. Three weeks ago I sent out a couple extra applications. I am currently juggling between seven different interviews. Nothing has really changed with me. I haven’t newly graduated. I haven’t just finished some impressive job. The only thing that has changed is the business environment.

While that is a personal example, this is an employee’s market and companies are fighting with dollars. There have been several stories on LinkedIn regarding “ghosting” companies during the interview process. The only reason a potential employee would not return the phone calls or emails is because they have a better position.

By removing the tethers on the economy, Trump has revved up the national spirit and inspired the value of work. People are also more willing to take calculated risks that would have been unreasonable a couple years ago. This has been a pleasure to watch.

34. Stab, the unstoppable hero says:

When I’m reading the posts on this thread about blue collar workers I’m reminded of those phony platitudes uttered earlier in the day by Trudeau. How he might approve a trade deal “If it is good for the Canadian workers.” As if he was acting in their best interests, and hadn’t been forced to submit to President Trump.
    Our President is doing more for the Mexican & Canadian blue collars then their own leaders.
    Justin Trudeau wouldn’t know a hard days work if it slapped him in his mealy mouthed puss.

35. Timmy- the-Ute says:

Beware the warning from Pres. Trump to the Evangelical leaders on Monday. The Democrats don’t just want revenge against him. They will go after Christians.

• GB Bari says:

The Left has been carrying out a jihad against Christianity for decades, if not centuries.

In short, the Left can only survive in a culture of moral relativism. Christianity represents moral absolutes by which the Left cannot exist.

36. jmarshs says:

I’ve posted this excerpt once before, but it seems very relevant to this thread. It’s from Walt Whitman’s preface to his 1855 edition to Leaves of Grass:

The Americans of all nations at any time upon the earth have probably the fullest poetical nature. The United States themselves are essentially the greatest poem.
    [….]
    Other states indicate themselves in their deputies . . . but the genius of the United States is not best or most in its executives or legislatures, nor in its ambassadors or authors or colleges or churches or parlors, nor even in its newspapers or inventors . . . but always most in the common people. Their manners speech dress friendships—the freshness and candor of their physiognomy—the picturesque looseness of their carriage . . . their deathless attachment to freedom—their aversion to anything indecorous or soft or mean—the practical acknowledgment of the citizens of one state by the citizens of all other states—the fierceness of their roused resentment—their Curiosity and welcome of novelty—their self-esteem and wonderful sympathy—their susceptibility to a slight—the air they have of persons who never knew how it felt to stand in the presence of superiors—the fluency of their speech their delight in music, the sure symptom of manly tenderness and native elegance of soul . . . their good temper and openhandedness— the terrible significance of their elections—the President’s taking off his hat to them not they to him—these too are unrhymed poetry. It awaits the gigantic and generous treatment worthy of it.

• nikkichico7 says:

Excellent posts jmarshs .. my husband works as a commercial roofing consultant. Construction is a bedrock industry in the United States 🇺🇸 …

😉👍‼️❤️🇺🇸❤️‼️

37. kay says:

Just read statistics on illegals taking blue collar
    jobs from college graduates in Silicon Valley.

USA graduates need those jobs to repay their loans which
    are in excess of sometimes $125K….and many times
    they can’t find a job in their STEM field of schooling
    because Illegals undermine wages, while profiting
    wealthy companies and Wall Street.