House Oversight and Government Affairs Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy has requested the appearance of DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz on May 8th, 2018:

(Committee Linkpdf LINK HERE)

Hopefully, this is not cause for alarm.  However, given the history of such activity; and specifically given the history of the engagements and motives of the participants involved in this request; it is a troubling development.

The House Oversight and Government Affairs Committee is the official DC enterprise deployed when Washington DC interests identify a threat and maneuver their political UniParty alliances to eliminate the issue.  Historic Oversight Committee references to Fast-n-Furious (Issa), IRS targeting (Chaffetz), and the origin of the Benghazi, Libya investigation are recent examples of outcomes therein.

There is a pattern that should not be dismissed.  There is a strong likelihood the DOJ-OIG investigation is too close to the heartbeat of the swamp; and therein the motive for the committee to be called into action becomes part of the self-preservation technique this specific assembly is noted for.  Adding more weight to the concern is the appearance of Representative Trey Gowdy as the requesting authority.

As if that wasn’t concerning enough, the specific area of focus for the committee is outlined in the letter: “The hearing relates to the election-related review“, targeting the 2016 election and the 2017/2018 IG investigation therein.

Previously IG Michael Horowitz sent a letter to Senator Chuck Grassley notifying his office the IG report should be completed “in May”.

Understanding that nothing happens in DC ‘accidentally’ or ‘coincidentally’ we are left with two options:

Option #1 – Chairman Gowdy is anticipating the IG report to be completed and delivered prior to May 8th, and he’s positioning for an open committee hearing on the content therein…. motive undetermined (suspected dubious by those who understand precedent).

Option #2 – Chairman Gowdy, and his co-hort Elijah Cummings, wants to preempt the release, with chaff and countermeasures -OR- enhanced publicity prior to release.  The former based on prior experience, the latter for those of more optimistic disposition.

We would be remiss if we did not draw reference to the last worst example of weaponization of government; in 2010 where the IRS targeted Tea Party groups and both Democrats and Republicans benefited from the Obama administration’s use of the DOJ to eliminate the threat the Tea Party represented.

In 2010 IRS Official Lois Lerner was instructed by Attorney General Eric Holder to deliver the “schedule B” filings of 501-c(3)(4) groups, listing every single person who donated to Tea Party groups regardless of contribution amount.  Ms. Lerner gave the DOJ twenty-one CD-ROMS containing over 1 million names.  {Go Deep} The subsequent list was called the “secret research project”.  All of this is documented – none of this is conspiracy theory – the DOJ settled a class-action lawsuit last year admitting to the scheme.  The DC investigation into the individuals who coordinated the plan was dropped quietly in 2015.  No-one was charged.

There are similarities to the 2010, 2011 use of the IRS and DOJ to target political opposition; and the 2015, 2016 use of the FBI and DOJ to target candidate Donald Trump and his campaign.  There are a lot of similarities.  Unfortunately, there are also the same DC benefactors.

As noted in the original use of Fusion-GPS, and Glenn Simpson, by the campaign allies of Marco Rubio to conduct political opposition research – the republican side of the UniParty apparatus uses the same systems, entities, organizations, lawyers and personnel used by the democrat side of the UniParty.   Trey Gowdy was a supporter of Marco Rubio.

It is reasonable to anticipate entities deep within the Republican infrastructure were willing allies with the FBI and DOJ “small group”, hence we see John McCain, Jeb Bush, Mitt Romey, Ben Sasse, Jeff Flake, Paul Ryan, Carly Fiorina (and many, many, more) who likely understood the goals, objectives and benefits behind weaponizing the FBI/DOJ and intelligence community to eliminate their opposition. [Never forget the severity of the scheme within the original GOPe plan in the 2016 presidential primary.]

Don’t be surprised, if down-the-road, we find direct evidence of key GOPe leadership aiding and assisting the Clinton Campaign, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Loretta Lynch and Sally Yates et al. Actually, I would be dumfounded if direct evidence therein is not discovered.

Having said that, this request by Congressman Trey Gowdy is sketchy.

Eyes-Wide-Open

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, Big Government, Cold Anger, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dept Of Justice, Donald Trump, Election 2016, Election 2018, FBI, IRS, Jeb Bush, Jeff Sessions, Judicial Watch, Legislation, media bias, Notorious Liars, Obama Research/Discovery, Paul Ryan, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Tea Party, THE BIG UGLY, True The Vote, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

548 Responses to Trey Gowdy Requests IG Horowitz Appearance Before House Oversight Committee May 8th, 2018…

1. rayvandune says:

A couple of comments on Trey Gowdy:
    1. In the attached video, Joe DiGenova made a comment about Gowdy’s ignorance of the facts about the Libby case, despite claims that he is very intelligent. I noticed a little “tell” several weeks ago that supports that. Gowdy was going on about how Devin Nunes should be willing to be patient and wait for the OIG to conduct a full investigation. Gowdy used the word “fulsome” instead of “full”, obviously believing that the former was just a more impressive-sounding synonym for the latter, which most here will know is assuredly NOT the case! That any person of Gowdy’s claimed experience and reputation in the practice of law could fail to know the true meaning of “fulsome” is difficult to credit. I smell a poseur.

2. I cannot remember the context of the above gaffe in which Gowdy was urging patience, but he obviously was in favor of slowing things down. Perhaps we are over-thinking his invitation letter, and it is nothing but a way of tipping someone off that the dreaded report is coming not just in May, but EARLY in May! I found the segue between the invitation which was for no stated specific purpose, and the offer to delay if the REPORT was not ready to be quite strange. It was almost as if the writer first wanted to give the appearance that the invitation was just for a friendly chat, but then realized he needed to make sure that the real topic of the interview would be ready! On the other hand, perhaps Gowdy was simply fishing for a clue as to when the report would drop?! Either way, it feels like a bit of clumsy gamesmanship for our famous legal-eagle!

• Ad rem says:

Found you in the bin ray….. 😦

• kroesus61 says:

WISH you would find me in the “bin”…….I have been getting “moderated” for 1 1/2 months now WITHOUT cause

• Ad rem says:

OK…moderation lifted, but be a good egg…ok? And no, it’s never without “cause”. Usually it’s because the poster was overly argumentative or called someone else names.

• brh82 says:

Hmmm, Ad Rem. When about a month ago I asked how peole’s Comments got in the bin, your response was that it happened randomly and with no apparent reason, or something of the sort. In any case, there was no intimation that censorship is practiced here. Is “moderation” not a euphemism for “censoring”? (My friend wants to know.)

• Ad rem says:

You’re oonfusing being “moderated” with landing in the spam or trash bins.

Being put in moderation is purposeful. However, ending up in the spam bin is random…you are confused with looking like spam mail by WP’s filter (Akismet…google it).

Landing in the trash bin, usually involves using a word(s), or combination of words and numbers in your comment, that matches with the email address of someone on our blacklist.

If “your friend” became overly argumentative with others, used profamity, or insisted on namecalling… more or less hijacking the thread… then yes, they might have been banned. The Tree House is OUR home, and we don’t look kindly upon guests cr*ppimg on the carpets….so to speak.

• milktrader says:

nice catch, good work

• svenwg says:

Thank you ad rem for finding one of the most insightful comments on this comment thread.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Either way, it feels like a bit of clumsy gamesmanship ”

Or just a signal to his Globalist paymasters that he is “on it”.

• logger says:

In Horowitz’s letter last week he said he expected to have it out in May, that it will take until that time due to new material he has to review. So perhaps Gowdy is offering more time, as I believe Gowdy has seen everything Horowitz has. It might be Gowdy inserting himself into this – everyone is wanting in on this. But … with that said … I think Sundance’s words here are wise.

• boogywstew says:

Gowdy’s use of the word, “fulsome” would be correct in that circumstance. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fulsome

• Gowdy is King of the Junkyard where whistleblowers go to die quietly. Crooks flock to the Ethics Committees, Despots pack the Human Rights Committees, Perv’s wear Pussy Hats, and Trey Gowdy Chairs the Gov’t Oversight Committee. Gowdy’s net worth jumped from $500k in 2012 to $4.5 million in 2016; maybe there’s a good reason for that, and maybe not.

• Ree Fungorio says:

Gowdy lost me for certain when he said about Trump (paraphrasing): “If you haven’t done anything wrong, you should have no problem talking to the FBI.”

I’m not a lawyer but I know that’s an insanely stupid thing for a lawyer to say.

• scorpion99man says:

You should never talk to the police without a lawyer, no matter how innocent you may be, since you may end up charged and convicted of a crime.

• Cupcake says:

Respectfully, the word Fulsome has been skunked. On visualthesaurus dot com – The Story Behind “Fulsome” Feb 22, 2012 by Erin Brenner Interesting read

• LULU says:

I’m seeing Gowdy fishing for a clue as to a date certain when the report will drop. The IG had recently said “May”. The last sentence of Gowdy’s first paragraph makes me think this is a fishing expedition and we probably won’t be seeing IG Horowitz in front of the committee quite yet.

This pressure does not seem beneficial.

• josco scott says:

Always been a fan of Gowdy….but not so much in Trump era, when he seemed to become GOPe swamp creature. Not impressed with his FULSOME praise of Mueller. (I just double checked definition… I don’t often misuse words, but it’s happened… 🙂

Second definition for fulsome is “large”– maybe Gowdy meant that. It’s a very large investigation, given that it’s based on a fallacy.

2. zoomie68 says:

How about this scenario. Like part 1, part 2 of OIG Report is released on FRIDAY MAY 5TH (Cinco de Mayo-when all the dems will be celebrating and imbibing)… Sunday news shows will pick up the report, and General Horowitz will be the star of Monday daytime TV while he highlights the best parts of the report. If the McCabe report was 35 pages, this one will have to be 3 or 4 times bigger and we will need an ‘Executive Summary.’

3. directorblue says:

Agreed with this assessment… it’s troubling.

Maybe this observation by Tom Fitton has something to do with it:

“Comey Accidentally Reveals Someone is Concealing Hundreds of Thousands of Clinton Emails”

Maybe GOPe nitwits are implicated in the CF scandal.

4. Chewbarkah says:

I admit having Obsessive Contrarian Disorder, but isn’t it possible that Gowdy is mostly trying to flush out whether the IG Report will be delayed yet again? The whole letter is constructed to force Horowitz to confirm his attendance to discuss the report. The third sentence says to let him know if any rescheduling is needed because of delays with issuing the report. I actually think Gowdy is trying to force an end to the cycle of delays. Is this the first reference to the IG Report being out by 5-7-18? I’ve only seen “May”.

What the hearings themselves are designed to accomplish is another matter. Gowdy obviously wants first crack and camera time. But that’s at the expense of having the massive report out long enough to analyze what’s in it, so informed questions can be posed. (Or does Gowdy fancy that he already knows the contents).

5. Greg says:

Has Rosy given up the Comey memos?

6. frank field says:

Men like Gowdy help the man Trump stand out as stalwart America lovers. Trump is fearless and wades into strong tides. Gowdy and his cheap french cuffs roll with the tide. Trump stands and fights for America. Gowdy seeks to look good while failing at vital tasks.

I don’t loathe him for his mishapen head. I loathe him because he has been entrusted with much and just barely doesn’t win for America.

F. O. “Padna”

7. William says:

I know Trey and I know that he is a good man. He is principled and believes in the rule of law. Constitutional law is important to this man. I believe that whatever intentions he has is based on evidence he has reviewed. I know that’s Trey follows Jesus Christ and although flawed like the rest of us, Trey will do what is right. I am only defending him because I know him, I have prayed with him. Let’s just wait and see before you judge him.

• peace says:

I know the Benghazi Trey and he did NOT do the right thing. Trey is a coward and has the Comey character – not good.

• Patsy says:

I loved Trey when he first came to congress. He has turned out to be a HUGE disappointment and failed miserably in Benghazi hearings. All hat and no cattle. Time to just go away.

• RJones says:

If he’s not coordinating with his own team, he’s a black hat.

• Ned Zeppelin II says:

To those who give Trey the benefit of the doubt, please look to his actions, and be guided accordingly. The guy is no better than Mueller, who is on a mission to destroy Trump per the orders of his masters. The truth sounds mean, I reckon, but them’s the facts. This is no time to be weak or forgiving of activity aligned with patent evildoers, judge ye accordingly. If you ain’t with us. . . .

• maiingankwe says:

William,
      There is nothing wrong for standing up for one you believe is to be righteous. However, there are many of us here who have been let down by him time and again. The Benghazi hearing to me was a joke. He let her slide and ever since then I have not trusted him whatsoever.

In addition, it wasn’t that long ago he received a nice, big deposit from an unknown source. I sure would love to know who and why gave him that money.

And even though you have bowed in prayer with him, it does not make him look any better in my eyes. I’m sorry for that, but I’ve seen far too many people use our Creator as a shield to hide behind.

One last thing. William, you sound like an honorable and loyal friend. Those are great attributes to have as part of your character. I would advise you to keep doing what you do, just because people may not agree with you doesn’t mean you are wrong. It doesn’t mean I am wrong either. Only time will tell.

I just don’t want you to be surprised if people will disagree with you on your own personal assessment. I also don’t want it to stop you from being the friend you are.
      Be well,
      Ma’iingankwe

• boogywstew says:

That was righteous of you to reach out to William. Blessed are the peacemakers!

• maiingankwe says:

Boogywstew,
          And thank you for reaching out to me, it was very nice of you.

I’m just really tired of seeing posts where someone asks another if they’re stupid, or where have they been hiding not to know the obvious, or just simply being mean because they’re anonymous behind a keyboard.

I’ve been seeing an increase in meanness on replies here at CTH, and I’m not used to it, and I don’t like it.

I don’t know how many times I’ve asked a sincere question here in the past, and instead of making me feel really stupid for it, I was met with kindness and patience. I hope to see those days come back.

And it’s not all newbies being mean either, I’ve been seeing a lot of old names too. So that’s why I reached out to William. I was afraid he would be attacked for his belief in his friend. I thought if I showed some kindness first, maybe others would refrain from attacking.

Please know there is nothing wrong in responding with disagreement, but I really do hope people will think of what they wrote and how it may affect the other before they hit send.

I have a picture of a trapper from the old frontier days and it says,
          “We are all travelers in this world and the best we find in our travels is an honest friend.”

Be well Boogywstew, and thank you,
          Ma’iingankwe

• deepdivemaga says:

Beautifully said. I have seen the same on this site. And while I have only been on here for ~6 months, I have seen an uptick in newcomers and consequently more comments. Many new names and points of view, many of whom mean well and want to learn. But I have also seen an increase in the meanness of which you speak on above. Politics is a gruesome, tiresome, exhausting exercise of will and emotional waves, so it is no surprise that many comments will come off as dismissive, mean, or rude. There is a lot at stake here and people are becoming more and more impatient as days pass without new developments or indictments for those who we have all seen walk free for years for crimes against humanity.

This is a long game, a war, so many troops will lose faith. Keep persevering and remember that everyone on this site (trolls/shills excluded) is on the same team and we want, for the most part, the same outcomes. Be patient with each other!

• Hoosier says:

When people profess their religion to me I count my fingers after shaking their hand. Been screwed over by the thumpers many a time. If I see you at church and we can hang out, great. I will not have to count my kids or pets or silverware after you leave.

If you wear it on your sleeve, I get nervous. Full inventory before you hit the end of my driveway.

• Hoosier, you are a wise person.

Matthew 7:15-20 New King James Version (NKJV)

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
          15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

• aumechanic says:

We have already seen.

• MTK says:

That my the case with Gowdy, but the other scoundrels who will have equal mic time with IG Howoritz not so much.

• logger says:

I will never understand why he said that history will be kind to Comey. Unless, he was trying to make him look sympathetic to soften him up to spill the beans (which didn’t work at the time).

• Montana says:

When he made that comment that if Trump is innocent he should act like it, I knew he was part of the swamp. He just pretends to be on our side, and all the while is working for the enemy!

• WSB says:

Trey is broken by the Swamp, and I believe wants to right the wrong by taking his $3M and to go home and repent.

• Exfiltration of Wealth says:

William: Sorry, but I cannot disagree with you more strenuously than I do. Trey Gowdy is a classic example of what is wrong with our Congress. The fact that he mouthed some prayers and crossed himself n your presence does NOTHING to dissuade me from my opinion. My Lord and Savior Himself would have to come down and vouch for him, and even then I would probably ask Him for proof.
      The stench of the deep state is strong with this one.
      You’ve been duped by him, and nothing would please me more than to see him swinging by his purple tie.

• Rooster is a total phony

• huskerheart says:

William— I know President Donald J Trump and Trey Gowdy is no Donald J Trump!

• Sean Supsky says:

Hello William,

I find that, I too, am compelled to speak to the subject matter of which you reference, that being the person of Trey Gowdy.

While the man has an incredible oratory skill in asking questions, as shown in the Benghazi hearings, and other clips that I have been able to see him in, he shows passion and diligence in wanting to get to the heart of the matter yet, like many others that are inhabitants of the swamp, there is that one final piece that many refuse to shine a light on.

This, to say the least, has proven to be a major disappointment for many here in the Treehouse, and others in the surrounding forest.

It is admirable, as others have stated, that you show loyalty to this person that you are acquainted with. Myself, I do not know the person, only what I have seen and heard of him.

Is it his fault that the investigations that he has been involved in did not move forward? Is it his fault that there has never been a meaningful resolution? Is it his fault that investigations were dropped?

The answers to these questions, I do not know. However, what I do know is this; all of these past investigations have been recorded and saved for the record. None, as far as I know, have been resolved conclusively. Therefore, the testimonies are all still available, and if not closed with finality, the testimonies can still be used in future proceeding to prosecute the perpetrators of these crimes.

As was seen with the release of the IG report, past interviews were used to get McCabe terminated and possibly there are criminal investigations ongoing.

Remember the little part about the Miranda; anything you say, can and will be used against you in a court of law.

So, to all of the doubters out there, we know that God is a God of justice and mercy. Yet, also that vengeance belongs to Him.

Have faith, it works miracles.

• MustangBlues says:

Gowdy is a Poseur and fraud,

mealy mouthed sell out. Uses his Southern accent to fool

Bought and paid for goon. Scivey and scummy boy.

• brh82 says:

I was once Sales Manager in a Corporation and went on calls with each salesman as often as practical and was amazed how great a few were except couldn’t bring themselves to complete the Last Step in any sales pitch; Ask For The Sale! That’s Gowdy. He CAN’T do that Last Step. You probably know others like that; they didn’t lose, is all that matters to them, so they never finish a project or a sale or an idea, because they would rather not finish than finish and find they lost. They would rather say, “I’m just not finished yet.” (Cheap psychiatry here! 🙂

• boogywstew says:

I don’t agree with all you say but I like your post.

• MaineCoon says:

William,

“Trey follows Jesus Christ and although flawed like the rest of us, Trey will do what is right.”

Since you pray with Trey Gowdy, maybe you both have read the book of Judges. The last verse is:

In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes. Judges 21:25

Do you know him well enough to finish your sentence? Will Trey Gowdy do what is right is his own eyes or in the eyes of Jesus Christ?

This might be something for you as his friend to lead him in prayer for God’s guidance to o what is in His eyes.

• digleigh says:

I would read the Benghazi Report ( operation zero footprint) and see why he may have been covering things….He may be nice, but we need men with steel gonads in these times , not too much churchianity,not too much of getting in touch with their sensitive sides, nor being team-builders ( INDIVIDUALISM)…We need men who will try to save a nation drowning, no matter the cost, the sacrifice,(like our forefathers) etc…We need the men imitating Jesus who bull whipped the moneychangers …. We have for too long drugged our “overactive” boys, incubated them and marinated in the P.C. revisionist history public schools, teaching them to get in touch with their feminine sides, become partners , dont’ fight, don’t have anger..(reeducation camps for anger management)etc. etc…. We need fearless men with righteous anger…Just sayin…. HECK, THE WOMEN ARE OUT THERE RIOTING WITH PINK, PU–YHATS! Can’t the men of America DO BETTER??

8. Patsy says:

POTUS knows all and Repe who are all involved with coup and helped Hillary. Ryan is “retiring” because of it.

9. f.fernandez says:

Hard to trust him given some of his support for Mueller’s investigation. Hopefully he’s part of the theater troup helping get the MSM to cover this.

10. missilemom says:

Ok I am feeling down, Joe DeGenova said on Hannity Hillary Clinton should have been charged with a misdemeanor. I am stunned; can we not trust anyone. A fricking misdemeanor.

11. Bob Thoms says:

Anyone watch how eugenics take a bath to trey gowdy over his scooter libbey pardon statemei?

12. peace says:

This comment from Joe DeGenova tarnishes his character as well.

13. DoomWithaView says:

Sundance has done truly great work explaining the Big Ugly v. Deep State intrigues, including this latest story – but this last one also presages the finale that was always coming, that is, a combination of timidity, shortsightedness, and old-fashioned corruption is going to undermine what good the OIG’s efforts might have done.

We were hoping against hope these affairs would be revealed as worse than Watergate, a satisfying told-ya-so comeuppance for decades of manipulation by smug Beltway insiders. But that’s wishful dreaming. Let’s face it, this will most likely end as did the IRS fiasco. Yes, at best a flunky like McCabe might get slapped for show, but none of the biggest bad actors who called the shots will ever be asked so much as a mildly uncomfortable question by the lapdog press, let alone face charges.

Justice is for little people, especially little people who question their betters. As earnest as the investigators’ efforts have been in the end it’s just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Though the country will probably survive much of its governance is now corrupt beyond redemption. Breaks my heart to believe that. I’ll just keep praying I’m wrong.

14. Payday says:

And still no indictments to be seen…

• Marko says:

Yup…my question is the report comes out in May. WHERE ARE THE INDICTMENTS?

• Perot Conservative says:

IG report first, or concurrently.

Reasons for hope.

#1. Horowitz de-neutered the OIG.
        #2. Sessions appointed a PA 7-9 months before it was made public.
        #3. PA is from outside the Swamp.
        #4. Rougly 12 people neutered, fired, demoted, or quit. Record?
        #5. McCabe fired.
        #6. McCabe IG report “meticulous” – Kimberely Strassel, NYT.
        #7. Timing: McCabe fired before retiring; McCabe IG report published just before Comey attempt at tarnishing President.
        #8. 1.5 Million – either pages or documents (5-10M pages?) – doesn’t appear to be a whitewash.
        #9. Logical: Michael Horowitz has already telegraphed the Mother of All Investigations (MOAI) will drop in segments. Good for them, good for us.
        #10. The MSM appears clueless.
        #11. OIG not leaking. (Antithesis of Mueller investigation.)
        #12. McCabe firing, and a timeline provided by Sundance and others, shows some solid people in the FBI are majorly pissed.

Keep the Faith! St. Jude or St. Rita of CasCIA are known fir helping list causes.

• Didn’t know there was a patron saint for List Causes.
          Will keep that in mind. 😉

I like that St. Anthony is often asked for prayer and assistance when faced with a difficult or puzzling problem. Might be a good patron saint for the Treehouse.

• Apollo says:

Amen! Where!?

15. TreeperInTraining says:

I think everyone is forgetting that Dear Lois was firedpromoted. That had to sting.

I agree with most here..as soon as Good Ol’ Boy Gowdy gets his boots in the OIG tent, Trump’s chances of redemption decrease exponentially.

We still have a chance to drain this thing, but, imo, we will have to throw the babies out with the bathwater. I’m hoping someone like Saramucci gets appointed to burn DC to the ground (thats figuratively to you NSA types…lol).

I think Comey referred to Trump as a mafia godfather type. Well, the Godfather needs a hitman. Imho.

(Assange is a good start). Imho

16. RJones says:

Many politicians are not yet exposed as white or black hats. There are legit reasons, for example, to publicly support Mueller…e.g., It provides cover for others who are in districts where aggressively supporting Trump might energize opposition more. So, in theory, Gowdy could be a white hat while appearing to be a black hat.

Having said that, I do think it’s time to choose sides. Support your d@mn team or join the opposition. Even an idiot can see how ridiculous the Mueller investigation has become. It is clearly intended to come up with compromising information and to be an ongoing threat to frustrate and restrain Trump.

I have never trusted Gowdy since his performance with Benghazi and the IRS scandals. He always wants to appear a republican but never draws any blood. We need to be done with this type of politician. The tent isn’t big enough for traitors. If the country cannot see how corrupt DC is and wants to keep putting these @sshats in office, when then the country is lost.

My hope is Trump knows why Gowdy is resigning and will play a card if necessary to keep him in his box. You don’t just quit like that unless someone has taken you out.

Regarding the hearing, I’m guessing Horowitz will play it like Obama used to. At the last minute, just don’t show up or go but refuse to answer questions until the report is finished.

It is sad and maddening that such a high level guy involved in this investigation is starting to appear as if he’s one of the stinking, corrupt, POS inhabiting congress. We shouldn’t be surprised that so many in Congress don’t give a crap about the country or us, but I continually am.

• logger says:

I have an idea … let’s ‘copter the First Family out of DC to Mar-a-Lago, and then erect a high-security fence with concertina wire around Congress, while the critters are in session. A proper prison for their proper crimes. Trump can lead from anywhere.

• brh82 says:

RJ Jones, differentiating black from white hats has been problematic all along, as new info comes along. Today I went to You Tube. Because only Google Subscribers get to listen to some things, I don’t bother, but today i clicked on a link and somehow got the run of the place and saw these 3 titles ; “Mueller is Finished”, “Trey Gowdy Replaces Sessions”, “Trump Fires Rosenstein”. You can imagine how my heart leaped with joy. Then I discovered You Tube is like the Enquirer; The titles snag you into watching, and then you find trash talk and speculation and NO facts! Whoever wrote the titles sure knows what we all want. But I will never bother to watch another You Tube, ever again.

17. ZurichMike says:

I hope Horowitz waits until May 7th and says “actually, can’t make it just now — can we please reschedule?”. This is a request to testify, not a subpoena.

18. covfefe999 says:

I was looking at an Apr 9 article about Gowdy’s interview with Maria Bartiromo on that day.

BARTIROMO: By the way, before you go, do you think we’re going to see criminal referrals out of this I.G. report, the Michael Horowitz report?

GOWDY: You could. Any time I see a lack of candor that is Latin, sometimes, for false statement and, you know, there are a lot of people in the Mueller probe that have been walking in front of judges pleading guilty to making a false statement. I’m not presuming anything, I’m not prejudging anything, I really am waiting on Michael Horowitz’s report but if there’s a lack of candor and a duty particularly under oath to be candid then you may see criminal referrals.

I’m proposing an option #3, a hopeful option: The IG report is going to be released prior to May 8, and Gowdy is ensuring that criminal referrals happen quickly afterward.

19. MVW says:

Everyone has family and friends and the depth of blackmail is endless as a result. No wonder DC is a bent town.

For instance, there was a longtime co-worker who turned out to be a lifelong pedophile who liked 5 and 6 year olds. His family, mother and brothers knew, he preyed on family members, yet they protected him. Eventually the youngest grew up and turned him in. He got 100 years. The point is his family was ripe for blackmail. And anyone can be framed in Brownstone Operations.

That is my cynical point of view. DC is bent.

• logger says:

Maybe the threats are from abroad – China hacked OPM. Chaffetz issued a report saying it would have dangerous implications for generations.

• I agree, I think DC needs to be vacated and decentralized. Dept of Energy in Texas, Dept of Education in Kansas ( then it could be closed down), the Department of the Interior in Montana. Department of … you get the picture. Many insiders would not move so that would clean things out a bit. Just the pentagon, and white house in DC.

20. Ellie says:

This is the point where Horowitz needs to outplay them all and release the report this week. Then watch all the cockroaches run.

• Maquis says:

That’s what I’m saying! Screw Congress, they are as responsible.for this mess as anyone is. Only Coup in American History, and we’ll just roll over and.let the Swamp call the shots, write the narrative? Nope. Imma send a note to PDJT & Sessions…no deal!

21. logger says:

Maybe this is why so many in DC want amnesty – for themselves.

22. Hillyard says:

As much attention that Horowitz has gotten over the past year, I’m really hoping that he’s drawing the attention to allow Huber the freedom to lock down the indictments which should be become public at almost the same time the IG’s report is released. It would seem that releasing the report before the related indictments are ready would be counter productive.

23. MrACC says:

Won’t we know if this is good (or bad) for POTUS and us patriots depending on the MSM coverage leading up to it? I mean, if they’re gushing then it’s likely not good. If silence (like right now – SD only one reporting it) then it may be good! Pray!

24. Jeff hansen says:

It would seem that if Horowitz was going to let this all slide, he would have let McCabe off the hook. Given what I understand to have been Horowitz’s battles will th the anointed one’s administration, it seems Horowitz has the opportunity to be a man who understands the historical significance of his decisions. Let’s hope he does the right thing.

• brh82 says:

When you look at Horowitz taking 36 pages of really-hard-to-read minutiae to say McCabe is guilty of lying 4 times and breaking the Department rules, how many of those things could he write in a month? And who wants to read more than one? Why did he bypass Comey to take down McCabe? Rhetorical question. I’m so fussed!

25. John says:

Gowdy is going to be the special prosector

26. Am I outta jail yet?

27. Foolsgold says:

My, my, my, look who’s setting up the preemptive strike with swamp rats. If I were the IG I’d write back telling rooster we’re extremely busy here right now so I’ll have to get back with you in a few weeks or so. Sincerely.

28. Maquis says:

Do. Not. Trust. Gowdy.

I hope tjus gets side-stepped. I have a bad feeling about the “Send us everything you’re gonna say two days in advance” (“,,,so we have our.lies and countermeasures in place…”)

Hell no. This is too damn big, too important to our survival as a free people, or, rather, to becoming free at last, perhaps., to risk to a low-life like Gowdy.

One big reveal, when the IG, or his boss, says so, no advance Cliff’s Notes For Clintoons. This deserves a far more serious approach.

If it’s to be Congress, then no advance anything, and it’s either Nunes or Nothing!!!

GBPDJT
    🇺🇸

29. Stormyeyes says:

Tonight was the deadline to produce the Comey memos to the committee. There was no production.

• brh82 says:

No one expects production. They are all vying for TV and print face-time, name-recognition in prep for mid-terms, Kabuki theater. Otherwise missing the deadline would immediately get Rosenstein impeached. He is the one who has ALL the documents, right?

30. LibertyONE says:

Gowdy, Issa & Chaffetz…..all talk and NO action. Remember all those useless hearings i.e. Fast & Furious, IRS, Bengahazi etc etc . Did anyone see anyone held ACCOUNTABLE. Neither did I !.

31. milktrader says:

At this point Gowdy is persona non grata.

He should leave the stage sooner rather than later so we don’t defame him further.

What a disgusting piece of rotting horse manure he is. I spit every time his name is mentioned.

Spit.

Gowdy is a vile, revolting, cowardly naive.

• Exfiltration of Wealth says:

Milktrader:I want to agree with you, but your last sentence: “Gowdy is a vile, revolting, cowardly naive…” has a dangling modifier…..may I suggest “prick”, or “butt sniffer”, or “drooling mooncalf”?

32. Just remember this about Gowdy…
    He was quite fast to want hearings on the Rob Porter situation… and thats in the works..

And the man totally IGNORED the FBI and Sheriffs actions in the florida shootings…

That should Sum it up for you…

33. jello333 says:

Does the fact that Cummings did NOT sign off on this letter (though he was CCd) make it any less worrisome? Maybe this is just SOP, but if not, I wonder why Cummings didn’t want to ME TOO!

34. jello333 says:

I too think Gowdy may be up to something… he’s not earned a lot of trust. But there’s also one possibility that ISN’T that big a deal:

We all know that, among other things, Gowdy is a publicity hound. So if he suspects the IG report is gonna be as huge as we all suspect it will be, could it be that he’s just trying to make sure HIS cute little rooster face gets to be plastered all over TV and in the history books? I assume that pretty much every committee in Congress is gonna be wanting to hold hearings on the IG report, especially if it looks like indictments are gonna start flying. So maybe there’s just a “Me first!” thing going on. Gowdy may not know if the report will be finished by May 8th, but if Horowitz wants to reschedule, and OTHER committees start asking for him to show up at THEIR hearings, Gowdy could now declare “Okay, back of the line for the rest of you. I get to go first, since I was the first one to ask!”

35. Tim Holden says:

The Swamp is not going to surrender and the fight against it will not easily be won. The strategy of delay is relatively easy to utilise, particularly if the media are complicit. Setbacks are sure to occur and resolution, great resolution, is needed to win this battle. The Clintons know the lawyering game and their agents are everywhere, but the game is afoot and their position continues to erode. Trump has demonstrated every intent to fulfil his promise to drain the swap as the Stormy scandal was faced down and as the unending media onslaught continues. It is likely, however, that some kind of nuclear option remains for the Black Hats and there are signs in some of the media comments that a trade off will be proposed – along the lines of let us maintain our “legacy” and we’ll “cut it out.” The question is whether the President will relent. Personally I think he will not. That December Executive Order to confiscate assets was drawn with a purpose. It’s unlikely that he’s not thinking of it every day.

36. RAC says:

Has Mr.Horowitz not got enough work to do, real work, without playing games with Mr. Gowdy.
    It’s like trying to sprint through soft dry sand !

37. Feanor says:

Another precedent to consider:

White hats aren’t beyond giving one date and then release much sooner.

Anyone willing to bet the OIG report comes out in April, as originally stated?

38. Impatient says:

This is Sen. Chuck Grassley’s report. Go read https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/957835521794945024.html by TrumpSoldier. Grassley has been working on this for years. The formal requests to Horowitz the caused the creation of this report, all of it, came from Grassley.
    That is why Horowitz sent the memo to Grassley that the report would be finished in May, and that he would be glad to come talk about it after it was issued.
    Gowdy is trying to grandstand, get his face in front of the camera, and steal Grassley’s thunder after all his hard work.

39. rhinOC says:

I smell a rat.

40. Cheesehead54016 says:

Dont trust ‘em

41. Mickturn says:

The only part that is good in all this is that the RATS, to save their sorry behinds, will turn evidence and throw everyone else under the BUS! I’m hoping the top dogs get sent to Prison even if we have to let a few of the mice go free!

42. Mark McQueen says:

Either way you cut it with Gowdy, right now, with the IG report imminent, is NOT a good time for Congress to be poking around in the affairs of Horowitz. Wait for the report then address matters you feel are not covered.

43. Elwood says:

Wanna know something really funny? The Republicans are leaving, getting out now, not running again. The Democrats are staying and really are under the delusion they will win the House. What will happen is that this summer (after the filing deadline has passed) many of the Demos will be indicted felons running against new faces on the Republican side. They won’t win back the House for 100 years.