NAFTA negotiations enter day #4 today.  The final Round 1 summary day is tomorrow, Sunday.   Information as to specifics is hard to find.  Much of the ongoing negotiation is clouded in secrecy.

However, that said, one of CTH mouses (with wolverine teeth) shares a negotiation aspect that drew a great deal of conseternation from the Mexico and Canada side.

The issue revolves around government contracts, specifically U.S. federal contracts for goods and services.  President Trump has initiated a “Buy American, Hire American” policy for government contracts; meaning if the U.S. government has to spend money for a product or service, it should be spent on acquisition of American products made by American workers.

Mexico and Canada want access to these lucrative contracts.  President Trump’s “America First” procurement process is against their interest.  Canada is especially upset about this dynamic.  Canada wants to be able to bid on U.S. Federal Government contracts; and Canada’s Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland referred to the buy-local rules as “poor public policy.”

However, President Trump and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross effectively took the issue off the NAFTA table by signing an executive order earlier this year designed to make maximum use of Buy American rules.

The order instructed government departments to perform studies within five months, with a report due to the president by Nov. 24.

The notice from the Department of Commerce and the U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer will officially posted on the U.S. federal register on Monday, seeking industry submissions by Sept. 18.

Negotiation insiders say it’s no coincidence that the notice shows up while NAFTA negotiators for Canada and Mexico are still in the U.S. capital.

The U.S. approach has taken the issue of U.S. federal contracts out of reach of NAFTA negotiation teams from Mexico and Canada.  American NAFTA negotiators had an easy argument: they just can’t discuss procurement government contract access while the domestic process is ongoing. [The cabinet officials will review submissions, and provide a report to the president by Nov. 24.]

With upcoming procurement contracts for massive anticipated infrastructure projects, negotiating for access to those contracts is now off the table for NAFTA.  The Mexican and Canadian teams are crying foul.  Oh well, tough cookies.  “America First” bitches.

Hopefully, congress will support the America First procurement initiatives within the actual infrastructure spending bills when/if they are completed.  Unfortunately, that’s when the Mexican and Canadian corporatist and crony-capitalist DC lobbyists come into play and try to get the laws written so Canadian and Mexican companies can get the benefits of the spending.   This “selling access within legislation” process is how corrupt DC politicians get rich.

TTFN !

This entry was posted in Big Government, Canada, Legislation, media bias, Mexico, NAFTA, President Trump, Trade Deal, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

213 Responses to NAFTA Day 3 and 4 Updates – Canada and Mexico Foiled On U.S. Government Contract Access…

1. Running Fast says:

Thanks for the update. If you remember the original botched ACA website was provided by a Canadian Company.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

It really is all about the money, and Trump gets that. We have been made to fund Canadian socialism, and guess what! They turned socialist!

• 1stgoblyn says:

IIRC, it wasn’t just a Canadian company, but more like a Moochelle college buddy-buddy.

• Indimex says:

I think you might be referring to Epic, the electronic records company that started getting all of the hospital contracts once she was First Lady. I remember hearing that the CEO, or some such executive, was a college friend of hers.
        BTW, Epic sucks.

• Bill Robbins says:

Very first example that came to mind of a foreign (Canadian) company given access (a gift to Michelle Obama’ friend) to a contract that should have been awarded to an appropriately experienced American company.

• Jedi9 says:

Just a short story:

20+ years ago I lived in the Niagara region where I was going to college. Shortly after graduating I was applying for jobs in the same region, and a job in Canada, Toronto to be specific. The job remained opened and unfilled for an entire year. I pursued follow-ups to my formal application, but to no avail, the requirement to find a Canadian first was the reason that prevented me from getting that job. Meanwhile, as I was also looking for jobs locally in the US, I realized that Canadians were freely crossing the border (Peace Bridge) and were easily being employed by US companies. Jobs no doubt that also prevented me from being hired in the US as well. When I realized this, I was at a loss for words and my contempt and complaint of this injustice fell on deaf ears. How was and is this fair I asked?
      Nevertheless, it was my first taste of the doggy dog world and developed a deep disdain for our immigration and work permit policies. This is a policy no doubt is and was a huge disadvantage for the American worker and it needs to change. Don’t get me wrong, I love Canadians and appreciate the bond our two countries have shared over the years, but nothing should supersede America first policy, and greed of the corporate Oligarchy needs to be addressed first head on with a sludge hammer in order to fix this problem. I hope Trump really changes it, otherwise nothing will change to fix this one glaring issue that is costing American workers and tax payers to fund what otherwise can be described as Foreign welfare! So tired of this!

• Beenthere says:

Who would have thought Canadians are considered cheap labor by American companies!

• NJ Transplant says:

Jedi9 – I have a similar story to yours. In the early 70’s, I was married to a Canadian. We originally lived in the Toronto area and then moved to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. I had to work for foreign companies as Canadian companies would not hire an American, even though I was part of a Canadian family. There were jobs for me in the Toronto area, but in Sault Ste. Marie I was unable to find anything. This was despite having much more education than the Canadians who were being hired. I eventually had to move back to NJ.

My ex-husband, on the other hand, went down to the federal building in Newark NJ and put in an application for a social security card. This was without any immigration status at all. He was sent a brand new social security card with no restrictions. He had put his correct birth place on the application which was Toronto, Ontario, Canada. That might have been because of the quality of the federal employees in Newark.

I experienced a lot of anti-American feeling in Canada. The only friends I could make were the American draft dodgers.

• Jedi9 says:

Wow! I think your experience is is worse and I am sorry that you had to go through that, but clearly your experience just shows how unfair our system is giving the advantage to Canadians in our own country.

• CGI Federal:

“First Lady Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is a top executive at the company that earned the contract to build the failed Obamacare website.

Toni Townes-Whitley, Princeton class of ’85, is senior vice president at CGI Federal, which earned the no-bid contract to build the $678 million Obamacare enrollment website at Healthcare.gov. CGI Federal is the U.S. arm of a Canadian company.

Townes-Whitley and her Princeton classmate Michelle Obama are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.”

• Interesting – same initials as Clinton Global Initiative (CGI)??!!??

From article previously linked” “As reported by the Washington Examiner in early October, the Department of Health and Human Services reviewed only CGI’s bid for the Obamacare account. CGI was one of 16 companies qualified under the Bush administration to provide certain tech services to the federal government. A senior vice president for the company testified this week before The House Committee on Energy and Commerce that four companies submitted bids, but did not name those companies or explain why only CGI’s bid was considered.”

• olderwiser21 says:

Mooch Obama – the gift that kept on giving…….

• olderwiser21 says:

Oh, yes – we DO remember – BIGLY!

2. FofBW says:

looks like it is going to make it through the first week of negotiations.

3. Strike1 says:

“selling access within legislation process is how corrupt DC politicians get rich”
    This is exactly right. We need to start following the $$ and stop all the back door deals.
    Example: brother-in-law owns a company and a politician invests heavily in it. Walla a government contract is awarded to this company. (Overnight millionaire) makes me sick!

• FofBW says:

Sounds like good ol’ bribery to me.

If one did a deep dive on congress’ bank accounts we would probably be amazed beyond what we think we know.

• M. Mueller says:

Unfortunately, I don’t believe it will change until people start getting convicted, and going to prison, of bribery and kickbacks. It IS against the law, correct? Then, damn it, do something about it Mr. DOJ. We can’t – you can.

• Freedom says:

Yes! Where is the DOJ? Sleeping Sessions is absent again. Grrrr

• Jedi9 says:

Totally agree! Look at what is happening currently? A Missouri Congress member openly posts “that she hopes the President gets assassinated” and she still gets to keep her job? ANTIFA and BLM and other violent NGO’s get to run the streets and commit acts of violence, murder police, and they get a pass. Lets not mention the countless violations of the law committed by the former president, his Security advisor, his involvement with George Soros to fund violent NGO’s. His former AG, first to be held in contempt of court who he himself has a very dark past with various violations can skate free because he can place the race card. The former FBI director breaking the law, or the Clinton Foundation, and so on, and so on, and Yadi Yadi Yadi, ya! The point is how can the rule of law hold any credibility if the political leaders who break the law are not held to the same standards as the citizens of the same country? What is good for “the” is not good for “me”!

All animals are created equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

The point is, I guess the Alwan case is a start, but people like DWS needs to be among others facing some serious stuff, and I really think that Trump and his people really need to start putting screws to these people who are clearly violating the law, other wise it’s business as usual and nothing meaningful actually change. It is after all what his base desires.

• Founding Fathers Fan says:

She’s a STATE Senator. Call your STATE prosecutor.

• olderwiser21 says:

Agreed, Jedi – I have been upset about this type of inequity all week. I thought Trump’s administration was going to put a stop to all this bs..t and yet, for the time being, it seems it is business as usual for those flaunting the law if they are on the left….very discouraging..

• Jedi9 says:

Yes I understand! I have been upset about this crap too! It just seems the asylum is being run by the lunatics now. Anyway, I suppose his agenda is priority at the moment and any new shockers would only be a distraction at this point, but I am willing to wait it out! Winter is coming! Protestors don’t like the cold, and the Missouri Senator is someone that needs to resign! This one, like I said before, is something I am not willing to accept! A sitting senator making open statements like “assassination” of a sitting president is absolutely not acceptable!

• Maquis says:

Hmmm, wouldn’t those Corruptotcrat bank accounts be a nice juicy score for Wikileaks…

Sounds like a job for Weaponized Autism!

Any MAGA Hackers out there?

Sic ’em!!

• Aguila2011 says:

Unfortunately, it is the crooks who write the laws who are the ones who need them that way to do their evil deeds. They hide behind the “law” and their birds of a feather poltician friends, lobbyists, and crony capitalists all protect them. You might think that SCOTUS would declare these laws “unconstitutional” but that would indeed be hoping for too much.

• Paul Killinger says:

We’d have to build new jails to hold all of them and their co-conspirators

• Steele81 says:

My super smart businessman DH has often said if we ever found out what really goes on in DC we would rise up with tar and feathers and run those uniparty cheats out of our government.

• Maquis says:

Sounds like a job for Weaponized Autism!

Any MAGA Hackers out there?

Sic ’em!!

• jmclever says:

This is precisely how Hillary ripped the Haitian people off as well.

• Bert Darrell says:

Isn’t precisely that what Diane Feinstein and Nancy Pelosi have been doing for years?
      Hubby gets rich, wife gets rich too.

• vikingmom says:

We need to go back and compare the net worth listed by all the major Congresscritters when they were first elected vs their current numbers. How does someone who is worth <100K suddenly zoom to multimillionaire when their salary is only $174K per year?

The incestuous connections between politicians, lobbyists and members of the press are sickening! People need to turn off "The Bachelor" and start paying attention!!

• Your Tour Guide says:

” Pass a law, create an industry”
      -Katherine Austin Fitts

• Ronbo Jin says:

Hey – not Walla, but viola.

voi·la
      vwäˈlä/
      exclamation
      exclamation: voila; exclamation: voilà

there it is; there you are.
      ““Voila!” she said, producing a pair of strappy white sandals”
      synonyms: look, ta-da, presto; More
      here you are, here you go
      “all you do is add a new drawer pull and—voila!—a whole new look to the nightstand”

4. Stringy theory says:

Excellent timing. If Congress tries to undercut the buy American strategy, Trump should crush them bigly.

5. jrapdx says:

I think that’s about right. A huge hurdle will be keeping the Uniparty from undermining the “American First” buy and hire provisions in the upcoming infrastructure legislation. I don’t know what the President will do, or what he can do to prevent the Congressional criminals from their usual “screw you” to working Americans. But I sure agree the pressure from all quarters (including us “deplorables”) must be turned up to the max to make sure Trump’s agenda is passed.

• FofBW says:

Putting th pressure is now a full time job for us deplorables.

• jrapdx says:

IKR, sure seems that’s true. But could we expect different? After all, if gov’t is of, by and for the people, the “job description” of we the people is holding elected officials’ feet to the fire. And I’m all for making sure that fire is roaring hot!

• M. Mueller says:

I can only apply the pressure in small ways. Just got a snail mail asking for a donation to Paul Ryan’s Senate campaign. It detailed all that he’s done for us (all President Trump’s doing.) He is not going to like the message he gets back in his nice little return envelope.

I’m sorry, God, but I absolutely hate Paul Ryan and everything he stands for.

• jmclever says:

Sunlight via Steve Bannon will most likely be a part of it. We are only a year away, more or less, from the Mid-Term Revolution of 2018.

• xyzlatin says:

“Get them out! Leave their coats!”

• jmclever says:

Go home to mommy!…and your mother is voting for Trump (my all time favorite troll response from DJT because I saw the look in his eyes that said “should I do it? Ya, I should!”)

• PNWLifer says:

It’s hard for me to imagine that President Trump doesn’t have his own people who can write legislation. I would imagine as a builder, contract specialist and negotiator extraordinaire that he could almost write it himself. Wouldn’t it be great if he sends over proposed infrastructure legislation, allows Congress to do with it will with it and then goes back to the American people with both versions on a website with a compare and contrast? Hello, Steve Bannon? That kind of big ugly could be yugely beautiful. The American people will eat it up.

• PNWLifer says:

Should have been “do what it will with it.”

• lokiscout says:

Could do it informally or suggest but the President cannot initiate spending bills. That must originate in the House. Darned pesky Constitution!

• PNWLifer says:

lokiscout – Or the K street offices of lobbyists. My point was not really about the Constitutional requirements of who plays what role in the legislative process, but how simple an infrastructure bill (or most bills for that matter) can be and how Congress uses the process to reward and punish (same as the tax code).

• lokiscout says:

Agreed. I am sure the President is more than qualified. Problem with K street is there aren’t many that agree with with the President’s agenda.

• Your Tour Guide says:

A state senator explained the Democratic Party to me 20 years
            ago.
            ” We reward our friends, and punish our enemies”.
            You can use the sentence for Occam’s razor on anything
            they justify doing.

• G. Combs says:

The Constitution and the federal budget process

” […]In 1921, the Budget and Accounting Act moved many of the preliminary budget-setting functions to the President and the Executive Branch. The act established the Bureau of the Budget (now the Office of Management and Budget) as an Executive Branch agency that works with the President on drafting a budget; it also established the General Accounting Office (now the Government Accounting Office) as an auditor reporting to Congress.

Most importantly, the 1921 Act required the President to submit a proposed annual budget for the federal government to Congress, which added to the considerable power allocated to the Executive Branch.[…]

So today, the Congress and the President share budget responsibilities, under a very general mandate from the Constitution. The President proposes annual budget guidelines. The proposed budget from the President is considered and amended in many cases by House and Senate committees. At some point, a group of House and Senate members meets to work out differences between these appropriations bills. And then the President signs the individual bills, or the one bill that includes the entire budget. If not all the bills are signed by October 1, Congress can pass a continuing resolution until all the bills are passed. But in some cases, a deadlock can lead to a government shutdown if continuing resolutions aren’t passed by that deadline.”

President Trump has already submitted a budget.

• Kroesus says:

he can submit PROPOSED bills that can be adopted or sponsored in the House thereby “originating” there…..originating meaning beginning not birthed

• snarkybeach says:

Didn’t PDJT meet with Jim DeMint prior to the inauguration? He could give pointers on writing legislation…

• mariner says:

Ain’t happenin’.

This all sounds nice, but the primary result will be that foreign companies will create “American” subsidiaries (controlled by politicians’ families and friends natch) and taxpayer money will continue to be spent abroad as before.

This has already happened in the maritime industry.

• The way we fight back is to isolate those GOP who will object, and then investigate their finances, their relations, and to see if there is any connections, then expose it, and treat it as fraud.

There is so much back scratching too. It just needs to be exposed and then broadcast to their local electorate.

Finally, can’t Trump “executive order” a buy American policy. After all, he can actually just walk away from NAFTA and throw it in the bin. Then what?

• Southern Son says:

The Hurdle is for CONNgress.
      Luckily for Us this time, because They have HLS (Heavy Leg Syndrome), and We Aint Believe’n their BS no more.
      It’s Their Falut, for Not having a Budget for a Decade!

• Founding Fathers Fan says:

The uniparty can be eliminated if patriots would just quit b1tchin and actually show up to vote out incumbent RINOs in their primaries. There’s only about 17% turnout in republican primaries.

6. DeplorablePatriotInCa says:

Sundance, no rating as to the probability of a deal being reached? Days 2+3 you had the hope of a deal at a 3.

7. sundance says:

Boy is this a big fib within a headline.

Reuters attempts to make it look like U.S. Trade Team did not bring up “Rules of Origin” as an issue that needs to be fixed. They did.

What the U.S. team didn’t do was demand that U.S. product parts, be increased as part of the Rules of Origin.

Reuters is selling a fake news headline here:

The U.S team wants the rules of origin to be enforced. Period.

8. Black_Knight_Rides says:

“America First” bitches.

Yeah, baby.

9. Grace Anne says:

With the congress we have, pray for miracles. Thank you SD.

10. TTFN – had to click link to get meaning. I came up with possibles before clicking. Mine weren’t too nice so won’t post them.

11. Gil says:

The timing of those reports will be in primary season. Hello congressional rats! Would you like to explain why we should give these contracts to mexico and canada when your constituents are out of work and they voted for America First?
    (Mumble mumble, parseltongue) skittering to nearest exit.
    Good luck in the primaries….

12. Janice says:

Only in America do we give our govt contracts to foreign countries. Absolutely treasonous! You can smell the DC stench 2800 miles away. More MAGA prayers tonight

• lokiscout says:

Many foreign countries buy our aircraft and weapons systems. Remember President Trump came back from Saudi Arabia with several hundred Billions of arms contracts from his couple day visit there.
      I’m being a bit of an SA here. I get and appreciate your comment.

• Maybe Saudi Arabia could buy their own weapons?

I understand too, but it depends upon what you are buying. When it comes to construction, we can certainly expect to employ our own people, or at least use American companies, whose profits will be taxed to the benefit of our government, and not another.

I am in manufacturing, and the government overlook us every time for cheap foreign nonsense. We are price competitive too. We just don’t have any lobbyists, as we can’t afford to do that.

• progpoker says:

I remember early in my commercial print career, how odd it seemed that our state CofC would send jprint obs to other, cheaper states. Instead of pressuring politicians to rein in the cost of doing business…wtf??

• WSB says:

And Uranium. Just say’in.

13. Suzanne says:

I worry that with Bannon gone the pos RINOs will be emboldened to thwart PDJT even more than they have been via the slow roll method they have employed thus far. I don’t think they fear PDJT, but I think they definitely feared Bannon

14. xyzlatin says:

Years ago when the modern feminist movement got going in 70’s, the idea was if women got into positions of power, the world would be a better place, kinder, gentler.
    Now there have been enough women leaders in politics, business, the arts, education etc, has anyone noticed any difference?

15. CiscoKid says:

Attention on deck!
    BUY AMERICAN, HIRE AMERICAN
    That is all!

16. Suzanne says:

someone please correct me if I am wrong but I am under the impression that the only reason we are re-negotiating this pos treaty is because Jared Globalist Kushner talked PDJT out of shredding it

17. rashamon says:

We the People can support MAGA by making an effort to Buy U.S.A. That does not mean clothing where the last button was sewn on stateside so it can be promoted as Made in America. We should all be looking for products that are American made from soup to nuts.

One of the Treeoers mentioned doing remodeling using American-made products. I would love to see the list of products used. Thanks!

18. ginaswo says:

USA! USA! USA!
    TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!

19. youme says:

I would certainly allow Canada and Mexico to bid on contract to provide healthcare to Congress

20. lokiscout says:

As Sundance has pointed out in one of his deep dive educational posts, our Reps and Senators don’t write the legislation they vote on and ultimately become law of the land. Most of it is written by lobbyists and special interest groups. Much of President Trump’s agenda deals with items contrary to the wishes of these groups including the “buy American” discussed here. Wonder who is going to write these bits of legislation? You think I have stumbled on the reason not much is getting done in Congress?

21. chojun says:

It looks like Canada and Mexico are grossly outmatched in this NAFTA thing.

Kinda like Team USA basketball at the summer Olympics.

22. TwoLaine says:

WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA! Your poor public policy is our SMART public policy. 🙂

23. augie says:

“Hopefully, congress will support the America First procurement initiatives …”

Any sentence that begins “hopefullly, congress will … ” has poor odds.

BTW, anyone know whether the Canadian and Mexican governments have “Buy Canadian” and “Buy Mexican” policies for their procurement? Seems like that’s relevant.

24. litlbit2 says:

It will be interesting to see if the electorate in all the trading partner countries that were given golden spoons(NAFTA) over the years. Figure out how they were taken behind the shed to be over worked for their future poverty when NAFTA ended as the rich secured, looked down on their workers plight.

Would have been much better to think a little bit of the folks and tomorrow instead of greed.

Can Karma be far away?

25. Bree says:

Hahahahahaha!!!! Sundance, you’re the best😀😀😀

26. NJ Transplant says:

I am a retired state auditor. I audited a lot of purchasing contracts to see if they followed bidding law. State bidding law is very similar to federal bidding law. Many state contracts had the specifications (specs) require “made in America.” Of course, they always tried to get around that part of the specs. As far as I know, federal contracts had the same requirement. Many of them would say they couldn’t find an American equivalent. The point is that is it nothing new for American government contracts to contain a requirement for American made or American contractors. It needs to remain or it will be abused.

• lokiscout says:

It was included in Spacecraft procurement contracts and flowed down to subcontracted equipment when I retired about 4 years ago. Any exceptions and there were many by the time I retired was lack of a competent domestic supplier. When I started in the business in the 70’s we had domestic suppliers knocking on our doors. If they didn’t have what we needed in their product line they would develop it. Ah, the good old days when America was Great!

27. j.r. says:

“poor, public policy”. Hmmm…for WHOSE public. Not for ours, that’s for sure.

• TheWanderingStar says:

“poor, public policy”….It would seem that Ms. Freeland thinks that the USA public is part of Canadian public. We definitely make it too easy to cross borders.

28. M. Mueller says:

Sundance, I really appreciate these NAFTA updates. Thank you.

29. Oldskool says:

“Hopefully, congress will support the America First procurement initiatives within the actual infrastructure spending bills when/if they are completed.” Of course they won’t, the one’s in leadership are owned by the COC, so I’m disappointed nothing will come of this for now. However, looks like we’ll be waiting till 2019 before anything MAGA gets done. Can see every R incumbent getting primaried next year, except for some in the House. Then it’s MAGA time!

• jrapdx says:

“… Can see every R incumbent getting primaried next year …”

Of course that won’t happen. Not all Rs will get the boot. But if certain notorious swampists are primaried that will have a hugely constructive effect on the criminals remain in Congress. They’ll know they CAN be replaced if they don’t get with the program, on the MAGA train. Meanwhile, let’s remind them that 2018 is coming on fast, they better stop the BS or they will be facing the wrath of their voters!

30. Paul Killinger says:

“Poor public policy” for Canada and Mexico, GREAT for the good ‘ol USA!

MAGA, my friends!

31. Matt says:

I think it was on Thursday, on npr, they had somebody on to honor the NAFTA anniversary. They were all having a grand ole time about how Canadians were demanding wool suits to be included in imports into States, and how certain limits were to be determined. It’s really sick how such decisions are removed from tax paying Americans and placed in the hands of politicians and bureaucrats, without considering the common good.

32. Turn it around … Would US companies be allowed access to the Can/Mex equivalent?

33. G. Willikers says:

Aside from the financial benefits of “Buy American, Hire American”, I suspect there might be a security aspect of this policy. China’s Hytera Communications bought Canada’s Norsat a few months ago. Norsat’s contracts include the D.o.D., the Marine Corps, the Army and Boeing. According to Pajama Boy “[Trudueau] said the deal had undergone a national security review when it, in fact, had gone through a much less thorough security screening. He later told Parliament the Americans were consulted, but refused to answer when asked to whom the government talked. The Prime Minister later emphasized how the decision not to hold a review was made on the advice of public officials, and he implied that his opposition critics did not trust the civil service as the Liberals do.”

Motorola filed suit against Hytera in March accusing 3 former engineers of stealing technology related to their MOTOTRBO line of digital radios and using them in Hytera radios. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Chinese tech theft continues using Norsat as the conduit if they continue getting US contracts.

34. Easily Amused says:

Hopefully this will help start bringing back manufacturing to the USA.

35. DebbieUK says:

Many American corporations have taken over our historical companies such as Kraft taking over Cadburys and moving production to Poland after promising not to.The quality of the chocolate has nose dived too.
    Its a globalist problem with a few large corporations monopolising everything and mainly producing junk especially in the food category.
    I would like to get back to the days when we nurtured our companies and were self sufficient as a country.

36. yakmaster2 says:

I sincerely hope POTUS scraps NAFTA. My reason is that it’s been abused by Mexico and Canada all these years and will be again. I believe any President, of either Party, AFTER DJT will let it happen again. Bilateral trade deals have less opportunities for collusion.
    Just my 2 cents.