Prayer Requests – 10

Please share any prayer requests you may have for friends or loved ones here….

Prayer Requests – Part 9

Prayer Requests – Part 8

Prayer Requests – Part 7

Prayer Requests – Part 6

Prayer Requests – Part 5

Prayer Requests – Part 4

Prayer Requests – Part 3

Prayer Requests – Part 2

Prayer Requests – Part 1

About Ad rem

Millions of little gray cells wrapped in fur.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

282 Responses to Prayer Requests – 10

1. Molly says:

Please pray for my son and his girlfriend when they fly to Nebraska over Christmas to meet her parents and when they fly back home–pray that they travel in safety. Thank you.

2. FofBW says:

What a wonderful thought Ad Rem!

Pray that true peace finds us all during this Christmas season and the new year.

3. tuskyou says:

Thank you for this post.

Please pray for my niece. She is a US Navy Sailor and she’s very new. She completed boot camp in August and now she’s in Norfolk, Virginia living on the USS Arlington. She deploys on 12/17/18 for 6 months.

I know she’s crazy busy, sleep deprived and misses her family and friends. Sometimes she sounds fine. Other times she sounds down in the dumps and frazzled. Please pray for her safety and grit–prayers are much appreciated.

4. Bionic_Granny says:

Please pray that Mandy in LA (lower Alabama)will be blessed with a new heart soon. Mandy’s parents have opened a YT channel to keep friends and relatives informed. The channel is called “Mending Mandy’s Heart” if one would want to check it out. God has a plan for Mandy.

5. Deplorable_Infidel says:

My mother, who had a stroke on 6/24/18, was given the OK to start driving again after a vision test at her Ophthalmologist. Other than her short term memory (for minor inconsequential things) being a little worse, she has had a remarkable recovery. Her 82nd birthday will be on the 12th of this month.

1Thessalonians 5:18  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

I have an appointment at Roswell Park Cancer Institute on my mother’s birthday. I started this regimen on June 25. The urologist running the 21 month Vitamin D trial that I completed last November said that “it sounded reasonable” and gave me the OK to do it.

In another 18 months or so, if there are no changes than I will only have to go to Roswell once a year (now I am going every 6 months).

2Corinthians 1:18  But as God is true, our word toward you was not yea and nay.
    2Co 1:19  For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea.
    2Co 1:20  For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

2Co 1:21  Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
    2Co 1:22  Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
    2Co 1:23  Moreover I call God for a record upon my soul, that to spare you I came not as yet unto Corinth.
    2Co 1:24  Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“for by faith ye stand.”

1Thessalonians 2:13  For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Hebrews 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

6. joleeinca says:

Please pray for my 29 year old son that has been in a coma since Oct 2nd. Pray that he wakes up soon. I unexpectedly lost my Vietnam vet. Husband this past July from a pulmonary embolism. It is sometimes more than I can take. Pray for something good to happen, it has been a very rough year. Thank you.

7. Gary Ingle says:

Ok this one is for selfish me: please pray for my sick heart. My Right RCA is 1000% blocked and inoperable for 2nd bypass, may have experimental surgery that’s fairly new but successful thanks to Cleveland Clinic super cardiovascular surgeons.

8. Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

Please pray for my two cousins Amy and her daughter Sarah who have gone to New South Wales, Australia with Sarah’s dog. I am very concerned, especially for the dog, if you have read BNI there is a huge moose limb dog hating problem in that country (or any other country) with the the influx of invaders. I believe the Australians are NOT keen on the moose limbs. Sarah is going to college, working on her masters and Phd degrees. She is such a ditsy blond dufas head who doesn’t cover up. I was thinking about all those ladies who have been raped, killed in Sweden by moose limbs (no way to protect themselves). Australia disarmed its citizens. I don’t know that Amy will stay in NSW for the 3 years Sarah plans to work on her degrees. Sarah has duel citizenship (her real dad is from NSW). If anything pray for the dog. If I can stand it, I will keep you updated. My reason for FB is keeping up with relatives.

9. pjpatriot says:

I’m asking for prayer for my 17 year old son who is going through a lot of inner turmoil about growing up and being a Godly Christian. I can’t share what it is but I’m concerned for his mental and spiritual health. Pray for peace for his heart, that he knows God forgives him and he needs to forgive himself, and find a balance in his life. I don’t know where to turn and I’m scared for him. Thanks for your prayers.

• Ddanna says:

Definitely will pray for your teenage son to have the strength and fortitude to choose the right and Godly path for his life. I pray for his peace to know that God is a God of Love and Forgiveness. May God bless you also with strength and guidance to help your son.

• Joe Blow says:

Prayers that the Lord may guide your son through these deep waters (Isaiah 43:2). Prayers also for you, pj, that the He might comfort you with His loving Spirit.

• trumpismine says:

Praying for your son and you pjpatrioyt. 17 can be very difficult for this young man with this wicked world and it’s many distractions pulling at him from all directions. May God bless you both with wisdom and peace.

10. Re-posting this from the bottom of page 9 in hopes that it may encourage many of you. This was originally in reply to Carolweekleylmt who is wrestling with the devastation in Mexico Beach, FL…

In reading the above requests here on page 10 I am so moved to pray for each of your needs by praying in the Spirit for He knows what we have need of. May each of you be blessed, refreshed, & infused with the Lord’s peace that passes understanding, joy, hope, & love…

“Deuteronomy 33: 27 recently spoke to me…perhaps it will also speak to you. Please don’t lay an unreasonable expectations burden on yourself–the Mexico Beach scenario has to be unimaginably devastating so having a hard time coping with it IS Normal for anyone directly impacted, imho. Please find your refuge & rest in Him without burdening yourself with guilt for being understandably overwhelmed & for grieving…

I cannot relate to your specific circumstances having never lost my home or the majority of my community…I can however relate to trauma & the need: to “retreat”; to heal; to be restored; to difficulty stepping out in areas associated with that trauma & pain; to the necessity of finding Refuge in Him (even as I may avoid Him who is the source of all that I need); to the gradual process of overcoming fears (especially associated with my own personal trauma & pain); to challenges overcoming “unrealistic” expectations of myself, others, & life; to learn to live in my weaknesses so that He can be strong in & through me; to avoid artificial, externally imposed “timelines” for my overcoming process to be “complete”; to accept there are some things I cannot change (think the Serenity Prayer)–I am still wrestling with much of this–& more!

Please find that place of Peace & Refuge in Him–not that the storms have necessarily passed, but that He will still Hide You in the Cleft of The Rock & Cover You with the Shadow of His Wings. Nothing can snatch you out of His Hand so please hold on to Him & find Rest & Refreshment for your Soul, even in the midst of sorrows & storms…”

May the Lord continue to guide, provide, & reside with each of us in our hearths, hearts, & hopes!

11. Dear Treeper Prayer Warriors,

Thank you so much for lifting my husband Michael up for both his work situation & his health. Last weeks’s work stressors were much diminished with that prayer covering! Michael’s cough is Slowly abating (so he’s slept “through” a couple of nights without meds) though it bugs him enough that he says he’d rather just have gotten shot in the leg (again) with a nail gun (a bizzare “highlight” of his recent roofing adventures) than have that annoying cough! Apparently God didn’t make him choose between them so he’s got both experiences in his “toolbelt”…

Please lift up my son Josiah for this coming Tuesday. We have his annual appointment with the Pediatric Cardiologist to check the status of his various Congenital Heart Defects, & his acquired cardiac issues. We’re at the halfway point from when his Cardiac Surgeon (in 2000) said he thought it was “highly unlikely that he is going 35 years without another heart surgery”. Although his heart conditions have seemed relatively stable for the last few visits we’ve had so many major medical issues to face with him over the years that it is always just a bit stressful waiting for the report whenever we see one of the “biggie” providers (heart, liver, & brain)…

Also, we’re going to get his liver bloodwork done to check how his liver is doing on the recently reduced dosage of anti-rejection meds (from his Liver Transplant). This is the first blood draw under his new Liver Transplant Clinic provider’s protocol so things are still in flux for us as we learn to dance with a new (less involved adult vs pediatric) department.

Thank you to so many of you who have lifted Josiah in prayer many times! You are blessing me & my family so much with that encouraging support! God Bless & Keep You All!!!

• Ddanna says:

I’m so glad to hear your husband is doing better (it is always so uplifting to get good reports on answered prayers). Prayers for his continued healing.
      I will pray that the Josiah’s check up with his pediatrician will go really well and that he will get a great report fro the liver blood work. I hope the transition to the adult department will go smoothly for him.
      May God bless you all!
      Also, I wanted to say your comments to carolweekleylmt about the devastation of her community was very encouraging. It is hard to imagine what devastation of ones community would feel like, but through whatever life brings us, we have to put it all in God’s hands and trust that he is always with us to help us through any hardship. Psalm 91:4 “He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.”

• Joe Blow says:

So glad Michael is doing better! I will pray things go smoothly for Josiah this week as well.

• Thank you. He is struggling with a “cold” that has annoying & depleting symptoms…& since the transplant it usually takes a lot longer to kick “stuff” probably because his immune system is compromised by those anti-rejection meds…

He is at this very moment worshiping the Lord using an eclectic collection of music (his precursor was literally “I’ll make a man out of you” from the Mulan soundtrack…hmm). He remains J-Man the PraiseMan around here!

• trumpismine says:

So glad your husband is feeling better and I’m praying for your wonderful family. Please tell Josiah an admirer of his courage is praying for him tomorrow.

• Wow–“an admirer of his courage” I love that perspective & relate to it though couldn’t have stated it so well…

I just shared what you said with Josiah & he said “thank you. I appreciate those prayers. & tell him that it’s cool to have an admirer but don’t tell him in a creepy way”–so I just used Josiah’s words…

My husband’s work situation unfortunately took a difficult turn today. The weight of last week was “over” by Friday…but today it looks like there might be an ongoing dilemma at his location, possibly for the foreseeable future. This is weighing on him so heavily that he is considering looking for another job (& this is his best job at this company he’s worked at for more than 20 years).

Thank you so much for your precious prayers for my family. God Bless You!

12. Kate says:

Mine is a Thank you God prayer for a turning point in our daughters life for the better after she lost the love of her life, our wonderful son-in-law, which has been over 6 years ago now. She had lost her faith in God during the ordeal and now needs more prayers to help her understand why we must endure the ups and downs of life.

• Joe Blow says:

Kate, I pray that our merciful God will help your daughter through the doubts & questions she may have. I very often find myself going back to Isaiah 55 – “for my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” We cannot always know why God allows the things He does, but we can always be assured that they are perfectly in line with His perfect will. May He comfort you as well & bless you for the love you have for your daughter.

• ddanna says:

Praise God that your daughter has reached a turning point. God bless her through her journey.

• trumpismine says:

Prayers for your daughter Kate. I have felt doubts in my life in my faith and worthiness to serve God. He never left me and the Holy Spirit has compelled me to pray for my failings and will not leave our sides if we seek him. God knows our heart and hears our prayers.

13. CowBelle says:

Please pray for baby Murray. He was born weighing 1lb 12 ozs and is having health problems. He has a blockage in his intestines and needs steroids for lung development but the steroids aggravate the blockage. Thank You for praying for him.

14. Majik says:

My 40yo cousin Sang is having surgery for breast cancer in the morning. She is a really good kid who has face a lot of challenges in life. I am not one to ask for anything for myself, but she really needs a good break for a change. I am praying for her full recovery, and appreciate any support for her.

15. HdwJunkie says:

Please pray for my neighbor’s brother Al, who was just diagnosed with a GBM brain tumor. And pray for his nephew Billy, who only recently completed his own 18 month course of treatment for a different form of brain cancer. And pray for my neighbor, mom of Billy and sister of Al. She’s had to deal with so much, and now this.

• justfactsplz says:

Prayers went up for your neighbor for strength for all she is dealing with. I prayed for Al that God would lead the doctors in his treatment. I also prayed that Billy’s cancer respods to his treatment in a positive way. God is great an God is good.

• Joe Blow says:

Prayers for Al, his son, & his sister that God may shepherd them through this.

16. So…I probably have too much time on my hands…but I was struck at the top of the page to look up All the posts done by AdRem (69 pages worth!)…& I scrolled back to the very beginning…& wouldn’t you know it she started out her posts at TCTH with a prayer request page re-posted from the site, HoneyTrail (I think), where the Treehouse founders had gathered previously…anyway here’s a re-post from that very first AdRem post found here:

“Menagerie says:
    December 15, 2010 at 4:28 pm
    My oldest son (mentioned above) provided me with one of the most touching and awesome examples of prayer I have ever seen. He was a tiny little boy, saying his bedtime prayers in his cute little footy pajamas. He was a whirlwind, never still, and he asked MILLIONS of questions every day. He would never be satisfied unless he understood the answer completly. On this night, after he relentlessly prayed for family, pets, bugs and toys, he said “Dear lord, what did you do today?” He sat very quietly for a few moments, smiled and went to bed. I was flumoxed. Being young and not nearly as good at prayer as my little boy, I had never thought about asking God what he did. But this child who never stopped demanding an answer must have gotten one. It was just so………..innocent and real. It is one of the things that underpins my faith. God is, to me, evident in the simple moments.”

Blessings to all & thank the Lord that we’ve each found our way here to the Treehouse!

17. josiahcurren says:

My fellow brothers and sisters in Christ that do blogging here: This Is Josiah speaking. You Can not see me, but Jesus does. I’m not speaking for God. But I know He hears your cries. Keep praying.

As it says in 1 Thessalonians 5:17, Give thanks to God always; Pray without ceasing for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, will help you guys to trust in Him.
    Remember to stay Strong in the Word brothers and Sisters.

Lord I pray in the name of Jesus, that you would help these bloggers to trust in You and in You alone. I pray that they would be filled with the Spirit That gives life in Christ Jesus Our Lord.

its in the name of Jesus we pray, Amen.

Have A Merry Christmas Everyone.

18. Dear Treepers,
    Thank you for praying for Josiah & me for today’s Cardiology Visit. He had a good report & won’t need to be seen for another year or so. We’ll probably go back in April 2020 & he’ll get an Echocardiogram with that visit then. His heart conditions are pretty stable & have been for a while!

If any of you are interested in more details about that appointment, or tidbits about what’s happening in my family, I wrote a more comprehensive “journal” posting here:

If you do stop by, please drop me a line to let me know you visited (sorry the comments there are not as interactive as here at WordPress, sadly).

God Bless you all. Thank again for your many prayers for Josiah, me, & our family.

In Christ’s Love, Valerie

19. I am trying to reply to prayer requests but my tablet is not cooperating. 😕 Please know that I am praying for every situation listed above. My heart and prayers are with each of you in your suffering. Remember that He is with you always. And Valerie’s scripture memes have helped me in my own situation. Our support for one another is a wonderful gift.

• Thank you for your prayers, Carol, & for letting us know that the scriptures have blessed you. I’ve also been enjoying our conversation that has continued on Page 9 of the Prayer Requests. May the Lord continue to give you his peace, provision, & protection…These prayer pages at the Treehouse are just a little slice of heaven on earth!

Hopefully you’ll see some more scriptural encouragements above–Blessings!

20. justfactsplz says:

After more xrays along with the CT scan the two spinal orthopedic surgeons agreed I need to try epidural blocks to see if they will help my pain. One of my discs is pressing on the nerves to my right leg. The disc has no cushioning left in it. They explained surgery to repair it will be my last resort because it will be very tricky and an even longer recovery than my hip surgeries. They would have to remove the spinal fusion I have and redo in order to do the level above. So I am to try the epidurals and physical therapy.

I am waiting for clearance from my hematologist as I have to come off of Coumadin to have the epidurals. At the earliest I would be able to get it done next Wednesday. Pray that happens as I am in much pain and misery and would like to feel better for Christmas and enjoy my family.

Please also pray for our finances. Gary and I have had so much medical problems that the copays are killing our finances. There is no way we can get everything done they want us to or see all of the specialists they want us to. We are picking and choosing at this point what we feel is most pressing. Gary will be finishing up his home health care next week. He is doing well but pushes himself too much and then starts to limp and hurt.

• Joe Blow says:

Prayers that you can have those epidurals in time for Christmas, justfacts. I pray this will help you. Prayers also that the Lord will provide financially.

• Ddanna says:

Prayers for you justfact that the epidural and physical therapy will help with your pain and that you will be feeling better by Christmas! Also, prayers for your financial situation to be improved. May God bless you and Gary with better health in the coming year.

• trumpismine says:

Praying for you justfactsplz. God Bless you

• This is rough news but there is hope…On the finances front we’ve received help from Medicaid &/or financial assistance through the hospital at times, perhaps you might too. Speaking with a social worker at your facility may help…or possibly someone who is a medical or elder-care advocate? Sometimes there is a number to call on a bill that can lead to help…

Dear Lord, please be with JFP & Gary & provide for their needs in All arenas, medical, financial, relational, & spiritual. Lead them to people & even programs that can assist them in their areas of need. Please allow the proposed treatment (or an appropriate & effective alternative) to happen & in time to allow for Christmas to be as pain-free as possible. Guide & direct their footsteps & keep them in your Perfect Peace..
      In Jesus’ Name.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you, Valerie. My hematologist didn’t get the approval faxed to the doctor doing the epidurals so I don’t know if I will get them before Christmas or not. Gary is having problems with his right leg. it is very weak, goes numb and makes it difficult for him to walk much. That is the side he broke the rib and vertebrae on.

Even the physical pain is no match for the pain my heart feels for my daughter right now. You are right. There are no words.

• With all the suffering in your family God is generating backbones of steel to support the massive Crowns each of you have amassed in that “eternal weight of glory”.

At least with your daughter’s situation there is a name for what is to be faced…& that means that there can be a plan of attack since they Finally have a better idea of what they are dealing with.

When they put Josiah on the transplant list for his liver it was because his liver was full of tumors/masses & that condition was associated with his “congenital absence of the portal vein”. I couldn’t understand why the specialists hadn’t recommended for him to be followed by hematology for his CAPV since it was known more than a decade before the tumors were known of (no knowing how long they’d been there). However the strange timing did mean that a brain scan to look for possible Encephalopathy revealed his unexpected brain tumor. Both the Brain & Liver tumors only showed up on scans & their presence was Never revealed by blood tests looking for tumor markers…

Perhaps similarly there is a “reason” why your daughter’s condition finally has a label after all these years & trials…maybe there is something else that may be happening in her life that getting this label will help facilitate or explain.

Even if you can’t physically hold her you can more than buoy her up with your fervent prayers & love. All you do & pray matters in this life…& in the life to come!

May the Lord send people into all your lives that can be Jesus’ hands, feet, & heart to Each of You in your greatest areas of need…Please keep finding your healing, rest, & hope in Him. In Christ’s love…

• dbethd says:

Prayers for your pain that you have a blessed and pain-free family gathering.
      Praying for your finances also. Health care premiums and deductibles just keep getting worse!
      I quit my job in November to be home with our kids and hopefully homeschool them all. Cobra insurance through my employer is cheaper than small group insurance. And it keeps getting worse.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you for your prayers. I was in so much pain Christmas I could not walk or sit and had to lay down. I think everyone had a good time though. I had 19 people here! I got my epidurals yesterday. No change yet. I appreciate your prayers.

21. justfactsplz says:

Please pray for my daughter Lori in Seattle. My heart is breaking for my child. I got a call from her and C. tonight. Lori has been having so much trouble that the doctor thought she had had a stroke and ordered an MRi. The doctor called them tonight to give them the news. Lori has a condition called Chiari Malformation. Evidently she was born with it. In all these years she has never had an MRI on her brain. This explains so much of her illness and surgeries over the years. in this condition the brain is too large to fit in the skull so it protrudes into the spinal column. They can operate in some cases and add a piece to the skull and get the pressure off from leaking fluid. They are to contact a neurosurgeon right away. Treeper Prayer Warriors please pray for my Lori.

I want to see Lori so bad and here I am in the shape I am. Today sciatica decided to attack my leg along with all of the nerves that were already affecting the front of my leg. They did not fax my results over today so I cannot get the epidurals this coming week. it will be week after next if he does them then. If not, January. Each day the pain is worse and I don’t know how much more I can handle.

• Joe Blow says:

Praying for Lori right now. I feel so terrible for you, justfacts. The amount of things you’re having to deal with is just extraordinary. I so very much admire the way you’re able to hold fast to your faith in the face of it all. Please know that all of us here are thinking of & praying for you & all of your family every day. I pray that the Lord might have mercy on you & lighten your burdens. God bless you always.

• Praying in the Spirit for you & your family for there are no adequate human words…

• Ddanna says:

I have been praying for Lori since your post, just haven’t been able to post myself. I’m also praying that your pain will subside. You and your family have gone through so much this year — I pray that God will give you strength to see you through your pain and strength to help your family through their struggles. God bless you all!

• justfactsplz says:

I just talked to Lori to give her the news that Lumina shared with me here on the prayer thread. She is so sick. Her speech is quite slurred and she has been throwing up all day today.

I am having a hard struggle with the pain. Thank you for your prayers.

• Lumina says:

Oh I hope I’m not too late with the info…my niece had/has the same issue….Chiari blah bah…She was diagnosed at a Swedish Urgent Care in South Everett a couple years ago…
      She had surgery in Nov 2015 at Swedish Hospital on Cherry Hill….She was having extreme headaches. The surgery went well. They have an amazing doctors there. My niece is a single Mom of 2 boys & on Medicaid insurance & her care was excellent. The Neuro clinic and doctors at Swedish on Cherry Hill is excellent. Two former coworkers go/have went there. It is downtown Seattle on Capital pill formerly known as Pill Hill because of the number of hospitals there…

For you dear lady have you tried a zero gravity chair to relieve pressure on your back? They have them in folding patio chairs or the $$$ from Relax the back stores. It tips you back just enough so the spine is not pressing together and opens up space between to allow the synovial fluid to go in there or something like that. My Lil’ Bro had many back issues and this was a relief. I know extra funds are an issue, maybe there is a free one on Craigslist or you could post a wanted ad.

My prayers are with you…

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you, thank you, Lumina! My CTH pen pal told me about your message. I haven’t been able to check in often lately. You ar not too late. Lori’s appointment with a neurologist is not until Jan 28th. First one available. She had to have a referral from her Medicaid and will for a neurosurgeon also. I will call her tonight with this information. This sounds very encouraging. Lori is having a lot of trouble swallowing and stops breathing sometimes. it is scry.

I had my epidurals yesterday. Not much relief as of yet. I will check in to one of those chairs. When I sit it presses on nerves to my leg, awful.

Thanks for your prayers also.

22. ladypenquin says:

Good morning, prayer warriors. I’ve thought to stop by more often, but this fall has been busy, and so I’ve just been reading and commenting less.

Update on the twin grandbabies, who we just got back from visiting for the 1st time, in NYC. They are doing well. Little girl lagging some on her weight compared to brother, but pediatrician is satisfied with the gains. Daughter is doing better. She did have the “baby blues” secondary to all the issues at delivery, and elevated blood pressure, which has been resolved without problem.

I ask for prayer for my son Stuart. He has just been informed of an unwanted job transfer – works for the USDA (3 yrs) in CA, and the plant is closing his night shift. He is being given a job 2 1/2 hrs. away at another plant. He’s been needing to get on with finding another job, but had hoped to meet certain goals first, and certainly didn’t expect to have to pick up and move, lock, stock and barrel, just to be doing the same job which he needs to get free of.

This son is the one that has had more hurdles in life. He is dating a very nice girl, and I they’re serious. She is a big help to him, but being far apart isn’t good either.

Please fellow Treepers, though our needs are not as important as others, I ask prayer for Stuart to find another job that fits his skill set (he is a veterinarian, with a Master’s in public health). Been a tough career path so far. Strange, he is smart, but doesn’t see the potholes in life before hitting them. OTOH, he is genuine, good-hearted person.

Thank you.

• Joe Blow says:

Hi ladyp! Glad to hear the grandbabies & their mom are doing well. I pray that the Lord will lead Stuart to exactly the right job for him. God bless.

• trumpismine says:

God is blessing you ladypenguin with the prayers for your daughter and now grand-babies. We pray with you for our Lord to bless your son in his journey through this life and give you comfort and peace.

• Ddanna says:

Thank you for the update on the grand babies and your daughter. So glad the babies are doing well and that your daughters blood pressure problem has been resolved.
      I pray that your son Stuart will find a good job without having to move and will be able to stay close to his girlfriend that is able to help him with his hurdles.
      May God bless you all!

• ladypenquin says:

Thank you so much, Ddanna. I appreciate your kind words and prayers. We are rejoicing on our daughter and her babies well-being. each passing day is a little bit easier.

Thank you for keeping Stuart in ongoing prayer.

23. pjpatriot says:

Lord Jesus, I want to praise and thank you for each one here, with prayers and needs written and un-written. You are the author and finisher of faith, the breath of life, our brother and our Master, the link to eternal life. I ask that this season which celebrates your birth be one of joy, peace and patience with our loved ones. May your spirit rest on all and may we all get to meet in heaven one day to be eternally with you. Amen

24. Donna in Oregon says:

Please pray for a petite, shy, quiet, young Christian woman that lives alone. Very loving person in a bad situation–she is being stalked. The stalker has had two restraining orders and as you know it’s just a piece of paper. Kept it to herself because she didn’t want to burden anyone. It’s exacerbated due to the holiday season. Knocks on her door at 4 am and then leaves. Mind games, stuff like that non-stop. By the time the cops show up, gone.

Divine intervention is needed. She can’t even take her dog outside for a walk.

She lives a couple states away so I can’t jump in the car and give her support. Please pray for Lisa, she needs protection.

• Ddanna says:

Prayers for your friend Lisa, that she will be protected from the stalker. I pray the stalker will be caught in the act and punished. I also pray for caring neighbors and friends to help her if needed.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Thank you Ddanna! Things are getting much better for her. Prayer works, thank you. He hasn’t been caught yet but he has left the area. So that’s a good thing right there. She hasn’t seen him around since the day after I posted this.

Coincidence? Nah, I think it is God’s work getting done by his earthly Angels 🙂 Thanks again. Prayer is good, God is great!

• Joe Blow says:

I pray that the Lord might place a hedge of protection around her. May God keep her & bless her.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Thank you Joe! Can always count on the Lord’s people to give aid and comfort! Thanks again Joe, and to everyone that prayed for Lisa. It’s always nice when good people have victory over evil 🙂

25. piper567 says:

Hi dear prayerfolk,
    I am once again putting in here to ask for a bit of prayer.
    I have told you of my mobility issues. Well, the 26th, I am going in for angio procedures.
    Surgeon is going to place stents in my legs, and likely the abdominal aorta.
    He has an 80 yr old patient (I am not quite That Old!) who was as bad as I am, and when she returned for her follow-up visit, she had been out walking that morning with her girlfriends. So I am optimistic that I will at least regain some mobility. Very difficult to walk right now.
    Being the day after Christmas, I anticipated difficulty cobbling together transportation, but God was on it, Thank you Lord, and that issue was quickly and beautifully resolved.
    I just would like to ask for prayers for patience and wisdom for Dr. Roberts, that all goes smoothly, and that I be a good witness to my confidence in and love for the Lord when dealing with Staff and other patients.
    Thank you so much for your faithful prayers and support for all who communicate on this wonderful little thread.

26. Just a quick note to say thank you for praying for my sister-in-law Sarah on her visit with her aging parents. She visited with them for several days & then made an heroic effort to drive home yesterday (about 800 miles) & she Was able to be present for the extended family gathering we just finished up a couple of hours ago. We’re so thankful her travels were safe & timely & that her parents are doing relatively well. We also had a wonderful time gathering together with good food, fellowship, & Lots of Fun–my family sure likes to laugh…Merry Christmas to all & may the Lord continue to be all that you could ask or imagine & may He be your strength, sufficiency, & supply! In Jesus’ Grace, Peace, & Love

27. pjpatriot says:

I feel compelled to share a bit more of my story with my son. He was born prematurely to a 40 year old first time mother. I had every complication a pregnant mother would have and the birth went fine despite them. He has ADD – not too severe we’ve managed with extra help. His grades are all As and one B. I’m starting to see a personality change and it has me concerned. I’ve reached out to my pastor for help because I’d like a Christian counselor who is grounded in faith AND is a trained professional. I’m scared something is brewing beyond his current troubles. I spent the hour long commute in the car crying, trying not to cry or being in fear. I lost a brother to suicide at 16. Looking back, I think he was on the Autism spectrum or had severe ADD where he couldn’t concentrate at all. So my fear is so strong based on my painful past. There is too much for me to handle yet, the fear has gripped me so hard I am not able to hand it to God, which makes me wonder if I’m a real Christian. Pray that the right people come into our lives.The thought of a son who has schizophrenia or is Autistic who will not be able to live out his life with a wife and family saddens me more than you know. My brother never got the chance. I don’t want him to be stigmatized or for me to be so wrapped up in grief, that I can’t help him or anyone else. Thanks for listening.

• Lumina says:

Prayers for you and your son….

• trumpismine says:

My heart goes out to you pjpatriot and I’m praying for you and your precious son. Please don’t doubt your faith and know now that God loves you and His love is perfect. God Bless

• Joe Blow says:

pj, I believe the Holy Spirit led you here to ask for prayer & to share your story with us, so know that God loves you & cares for both you & your son very much. The only way to overcome fear is to have complete faith in Him. There are many places in the Bible that speak of fear, but Psalm 56:11 sums it up quite well: “In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” If you’re having trouble giving this over to God, it’s not because you aren’t a “real Christian”, rather you simply need to pray that the Lord might help you grow in faith with Him, that you might then trust in Him more & more. I will pray the same for you, & that you are able to get any additional help that might be needed for your son from the right people. God bless.

• maiingankwe says:

PJPatriot,
      I know it’s hard to hand it all up to our Creator, especially when there is so much fear involved and of the unknown. I’ve been there too. Different circumstances, but still based on fear.

If it helps, just give parts up to our Creator, if you can’t give it all to him at once.

I will pray for you to meet the right people for you and your son. You need healing as well.

Use this Prayer place too. There are some phenomenal Prayer Warriors right here. Some may not even partake in the posting, but they do pray for us when we ask. You’ve got more than just the ones who have left messages for you. You’re in good hands here.

As Trumpismine said, our God is perfect. How true that is. Trust our Creator even if it’s only a bit at a time. You will find your way to him and all the joy and happiness he offers.

Be well, you’ve got this whether you believe or not. You’re far stronger than what you give yourself credit for. I also believe your brother is with the both of you and trying to help. He may be the one who connects you to the right person for help. Keep an eye out for signs, neither he nor our Creator wants to see your son make the same mistake. There is a whole life ahead of him to live.

I hope I haven’t said anything that has made you uncomfortable. If so, please just take the parts you like.

I will pray for you every night. Please let us know how you’re doing and your beloved son.
      Ma’iingankwe

• Prayers for you, and your son pjpatriot; May God bless both of you abundantly; also I will pray for the soul of your brother.

• Dear PJ,

My heart truly goes out to you & I relate to most of what you’ve shared in so many ways. I do have a son on the Autism Spectrum & he (& his twin) were preemies & I was an older mother, in my 30’s, when they were born…

We also have ADHD in our family & 4/6 of us are “officially” diagnosed, though the unofficial 2 have many of the traits…I once read a book that postulated that ADHD/ADD & Autism Spectrum were on a continuum, the “same” condition but a matter of degree…

I have faced Many Challenges with my son, Josiah, who is “atypically autistic” (his original diagnosis, back around 2000, was PDD-NOS). We had Many Battles with special education on his behalf & were only partially successful.

When he was an infant we were told he would never walk nor talk & that he would never read nor write . The first time I took him in for psychological testing his purported “IQ” seemed so low that they could hardly give it a number, like in the 20’s– some years later he tested in the “low normal” range, but was believed to be higher by many who worked with him. For years every time I took him to a specialist I felt like I’d been kicked in the face &/or punched in the gut because of the magnitude of what we were facing, the overwhelming isolation of our circumstances (& my introspective personality), & even the despair…

I was incredibly overwhelmed so many times & still struggle significantly with likely depression, anxiety, near agoraphobia, & church “avoidance”…there is a lot of baggage that is still being wrestled with (or avoided!) in so many arenas…

OK, so In Spite of All of That God has been incredibly faithful to us. Josiah has come so far & significantly passed all expectations early providers ever imagined for him. He has an amazing tender heart for the Lord & is often more spiritually insightful than the rest of our family. His faith is incredibly pure & he was blessed to “see” God in a vision during his Liver Transplant surgery. He has prayed for me & I have been instantaneously “healed”.

He still struggles in many arenas. He will likely never drive. It is unlikely that he will ever be fully self-supporting, though there are systems in place that can facilitate whatever degree of “independence” we ultimately pursue. He desires a wife (& talks about his theoretical marriage more than his 3 siblings combined) but only the Lord knows if that desire will ever be fulfilled in this life…there is so much more that I could say.

Josiah graduated from High School with his class in 2015 in spite of much missed school post-transplant leading in to his Junior Year. He did get a Diploma, & Not a Certificate of Completion, but since he has a severe learning disability in math & hasn’t completed 3rd grade level math I have a hard time believing that his diploma carries the same weight as his twin brother’s.

Anyway I share all of that to offer hope, from our testimony’s side. God will never leave nor forsake you & He is not off-put by our doubts, fears, & challenges. I am often reminded of that passage where Jesus spoke with someone struggling with their faith/doubt who cried out “Lord I believe…Help, Thou, my unbelief!” He truly gets it–All of it, & that is reflected in so many passages of scripture, especially in the Psalms.

I’ll write a second reply with some tangibles that May provide some help, I hope.

I will try to keep you & your son in my (intermittent) prayers–I am not as consistent of a faithful prayer warrior as are so many who read & reply here. Josiah wanted me to tell you that he will keep you both in his prayers too (since he’s “King Josiah of Israel”–his autism speaking out there!)

May you find some encouragement in these beautiful scripture images:

not scripture but a biblical-based sentiment:

In Christ’s Love & Compassion

• Hi again PJ,

This is an attempt at a more “practical” reply, so take each item with a grain of salt & I apologize in advance if this is too much or too overwhelming…

It’s really hard to know where to start after bathing your situation in prayer.

Having a trusted friend or confidant can help to share the load (this is an arena sorely lacking in my case so I just share it as “common sense” not from my experience).

Getting accurate info, including diagnoses, is crucial. How can anyone tackle a “problem” if they don’t even know what it is?

That immediately gets into dicey arenas because dealing with the “wrong” people can really increase the burden. My son has a long-time provider, Dr. Susan Youngs, who is a PMR Pediatrician (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation) by training but runs a comprehensive special needs clinic in Metro Detroit. Their website is here:

I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Youngs. She provides comprehensive, family centered care that deals (more than anyone else we’ve worked with over the years) with multiple facets of the child’s needs: medical, educational, therapeutic, family support, etc. If you are not able to see her, contacting her office for a referral to someone in your area may be a good start–you can use my name, Valerie Curren, for she’s worked with our family for more than 2 decades now. She is a strong Christian woman & her practice is uniquely suited to the complex issues faced by special needs families. Her practice is one of just 3 in the state of Michigan that is a state-level autism care center too.

My son was diagnosed on the Autism Spectrum by Richard Solomon, MD who was a behavioral pediatrician working at the University of Michigan hospital at that time. I believe he is now on the East Coast somewhere so I’ll see if I can find a link for him. I ran into his sister at U of M (an Ann Arbor librarian reading to children at the hospital) & she said Dr. Solomon had also written a book related to unusual languages of the autistic, in particular “movie quoting” (which is a language spoken fluently in our house–without any of us having read the book). He could be an asset in multiple ways. Here is a site affiliated with him, autism, & w/U of M:

A behavioral pediatrician, an autism specialist, a communications center, community mental health, special education, an autism advocacy organization, and a neuropsychologist for appropriate testing are all important tools for your journey.

I significantly educated myself on the special education front at Wrightslaw.com…here are a couple of links there that might help:

Special Ed became a huge rabbit’s hole in our case & we did much battle for minimal services. Depending on where you live they could become great advocates for you & your son or anvil-weighted adversaries. Getting advocacy assistance (like from an autism association, the ARC, or “Protection & Advocacy”) may help (hopefully) a lot here. There are Many Links at Wrightslaw that you can follow depending how deep you want to go.

If you start with special education & your son has never been tested you can request testing to determine if he has a “disability”. After the school system has done their testing you can request an “independent educational evaluation”–at the school’s expense. I highly encourage you to go this route & to avail yourself of a competent Neuropsychologist. Josiah was tested numerous times by Dr. Seth Warschausky, also out of U of M. Here is a link to a site with his info:

I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Warschausky–he does an excellent job. His assessments were significantly more comprehensive than those done by the school system & he was better able to tease out more of the idiosyncrasies of my son’s challenges than were school-based testers. His testing compensated for many of my son’s sensory & attentional issues so that the test results were more reflective of the underlying skill set being examined than those “disabling” conditions that made testing him at all so challenging.

Depending on your son’s age there is the Early On Program, or Early Intervention. Those topics are addressed at length at wrightslaw.com.

Some people have found help in support groups. I knew some mom’s who both had Down’s Syndrome kids & they took advocacy training together & encouraged each other as they each advocated for their kids. Having someone come alongside might really make a difference–again something with which I lack direct experience.

Well, that’s a taste of some of the practical stuff to try and tackle. It can be a big twinkie but even those can be eaten one bite at a time…

I’ve written about many aspects of our journey with Josiah on several blogs so if any of our experiences might help you please consider stopping by…

I started “journaling” about Josiah’s situation when he was near simultaneously diagnosed with a brain tumor & liver masses/tumors at a site called carepages.com. That site ended its service last year so I archived that journey here (searching for autism & adhd, I haven’t done categorization yet there):

I still blog about Josiah’s needs more directly here: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/josiahcurren

My main blog deals with many topics but there is A Lot of material connected to Josiah (including Autism &/or ADHD), advocacy, overcoming/facing challenges, medical &/or special education battles, special needs parenting, etc.

I also have links to my son Josiah’s blogs in the right-hand sidebar at SpecialConnections.

I have many times found timely & encouraging articles here & at various author’s sites:

So, as usual, that is probably too much information, so I’m sorry for overloading you. If you have any questions that I might be able to specifically address please reply with them.

May the Lord continue to give you the grace, peace, strength, comfort, rest, hope, & joy you need to walk this complex path with & for your son…God Bless YOU

• Ddanna says:

Dear PJ, I pray for you and your son to be able to put your faith and trust in God for strength. I understand your fear because of your brother but that awful experience along with giving you fear gave you the ability to help your son because you know or can see some of the same signs and symptoms. I do pray you get the right people in your lives that will be able to help you. May God bless you and your son with the guidance you need.

28. piper567 says:

Hi again dear prayerfolk,
    I am home from a day at the vascular facility, and am grateful to not be loopy!
    I am so thankful for the medical resources we have available to us, thankful for friends and neighbors who have been so very helpful this last year.
    Cannot yet walk too much better, but waking is already easier…and the numbness in my legs is subsiding, so I am optimistic. I am weak due to muscle loss, but I am already looking forward to PT to regain some muscle mass.
    Thank you so much for your prayers!
    God is good, and may He bless all of you this upcoming year.

29. WiscoDave says:

Please pray for a dear friend of mine that has lost his job late in life. He is struggling fiercely with this. He is a religious man but is having difficulty feeling God’s guiding presence in his life right now.
    Thank you.

30. pjpatriot says:

Thanks for the prayers and encouragement for me and my son, they mean more than you know. A friend called me who knew something was up with me but I wasn’t sharing anything with anyone except my pastor. I opened up and she shared some information about something one of her children is experiencing. (my friend doesn’t believe in ‘religion’ but imagine when I tell her she’s an answer to prayer!) Originally I was going to stick with what our church came up with but I think a medical evaluation might be in order too. From what I found out, his symptoms seem to be OCD related and I need that confirmed to get him treated. Once this is under control he’ll be better to cope with things that come his way. His doctor gave me some advice, I’m just waiting for my son to consent to a medical eval. He wants a Christian counselor and I don’t blame him, and medical and spiritual can work together. Please continue to pray for the right steps to be taken with the right people involved.

• Dr. Susan Youngs, who I mentioned above in a reply to you, diagnosed my son with Depression, Anxiety, & OCD at one point (& prescribed Paxil in addition to ADHD meds, which all significantly helped him mentally/emotionally & behaviorally) & basically said that they were a cocktail of issues that can be very common with people on the Austism Spectrum (not saying your son is there)…so perhaps the (potential) OCD is one of those “par for the course” scenarios that we can all learn to take in stride…So glad you are getting input from more than one source.

Years ago our church steered one of the families away from seeking legal counsel for their then teen ADHD son who had inappropriately touched a young lady due to poor impulse control (a manifestation of his disability, to use special ed jargon). This family followed the advice of their church & went to court without legal representation. Their son was ultimately given a jail sentence for several years & this choice had devastating consequences for the entire family, perhaps for the rest of their earthly lives.

Sometimes getting “expert” advice is an important piece of the puzzle…Blessings.

I’m so thankful your friend has been such an encouragement to you & is helping you to better bear the load…

31. maiingankwe says:

I’m sorry it’s been a long while since I’ve been at CTH, especially here at our Prayer Circle. I’ve thought of you all everyday and have kept you all in my prayers, even the new ones who I haven’t been able to read about.

I’ve had a crazy CTH virus. Every time I opened up the page a pop up would come up for me winning some such thing. It got to the point it came up on my most visited screen. As if I’d want to visit it.

It would completely block out CTH and there was nothing I could do. It didn’t matter how many times I cleaned up everything and shut my phone off and reboot it. I could go anywhere else, except CTH. If I did come here, it would pop up with that nasty gift thing.

I’ve also been going through a lot of medical problems. It’s just one thing after another. However, I think I’ve now got all of my bases covered with good doctors who actually believe what the heck I’m saying. It’s mind blowing. A doctor who doesn’t think I’m giving them the business. It really warms my heart and it makes me feel so much better. It’s a huge comfort really.

I still have my cancer doctor and radiation doctor and still going through it all. I don’t much care for my cancer team except my nurse Ellen. I’ve pretty much had it with them, but there isn’t anything I can do. The only other cancer doctor is her husband. Yeah, that will go over well.

So, I just go in there and do what I have to do to get it done and get he heck out. Thankfully, I only see them every three weeks. Any more than that, and I think there would be a heck of a lot more problems.

My radiation team is pretty amazing and have been a big help. I like them all. From the receptionist to the nurse I see every Monday to the radiation therapists I see five days a week.

Christmas Day I took a pretty bad fall. My cheek bounced off of our wooden floor along where I had my mastectomy. Well, about two inches above it. I also bruised my knee and hurt my elbow to where I could only bend it so far. I had fallen over a present. The gift was fine, I wasn’t though.

When I went to radiation I was worried if I could raise my left arm to the bar we have to hold onto. The doc who took over from my regular one because he went on Christmas vacation was so good. He looked at my arm and even my knee like any doctor would to see if I should get X-rays etc. He also stood and watched the whole thing in the other room during the treatment in case of an emergency or just if he’d be needed. He was the first one in the radiation room when it was all done.

It goes a long way when doctors actually take care of you and go the extra mile. It’s been a long time since I’ve had that happen. A doctor who really cared.

He’s an older gentlemen, and I mean an old fashioned gentleman. The absolute best. He’s real tall and gangly too. He’s also fascinated with anything to do with nuclear, radiation and gold mines. I gave him my husband’s phone number because he’s worked on nuclear maintenance crews and currently works at the gold mine as a driller. My hubby is able to hold all of these numbers and facts and statistics in his head and thought the two of them would’ve gotten along great. They’re both real smart and way above my head on these subjects.

I know he was surprised when I knew a tiny bit about Bikini island/atoll and the U.S. testing we did there. He has an actual ticket from there. He’s so proud of that thing. The doctor that is. It was a good story to listen to.

My nurse is from Japan and believe it or not, in their private waiting room for us patients they had a documentary on the tv about the wildlife in Japan. I had no idea they had a good population of black bears and also have brown bears related to ours. So I’m always asking questions about their wildlife with her. She loves the subject and has told me stories of her as a child playing with praying mantises in her yard.

My radiation therapist is from Alabama and I just love her accent. Her partner also went on Christmas vacation, so her supervisor took her place. He’s older and real decent too. He’s actually quite the trickster as well.

Last Friday, I had asked the nurse if she knew how to turn the volume up on the tv. The supervisor had come in right behind her to pick up a patient, so she asked him. He looked at the tv and then her and said matter of factly, it’s voice activated. You have to ask for volume up. Well, I think my nurse has either been tricked by him before or have watched him in action because her reply was I’m not going to say that outloud. So he opened up the cupboard, grabbed the remote and turned it up without another word.

It took me a second or two to catch on, and then I burst out laughing so hard.

They’ve got a purple Christmas tree in the room and all of these healthy snacks. The cancer patient room has chocolate and all kinds of bad snacks, but not radiation. So I eat their string cheese, drink their V8, and eat their crackers till I’m full. I’m terrible. I eat my lunch there every day. And what is cool is they don’t care one whit. They want us to eat all that healthy stuff. So I do.

For some reason I am like one out of ten or slightly a bit more that get real sick off of the herceptin chemo infusion. They have given me anti-nausea meds with my infusions, but only if I ask. Thankfully, I finally got one that lasted 24 hours rather than two hours like the one before. So unfortunately I’ve been to the ER twice now since I’ve written here for them to stop my throwing up since nothing they have given for me at home works.

According to my cancer doctor and her NP I shouldn’t be getting sick whatsoever. And since the A&C, Taxol and Taxotere didn’t cause me to violently throw up, herceptin shouldn’t either. I must just be making it up.

I’m hoping the ER nurses documented all of the times I got sick in their care.

Yeah, I’m fed up with my cancer care and cannot wait until it is done in April/May. I will only have to see them every three months and then six months and so on.

There are other reasons why I am upset or fed up with my care, but it would take a long time to write it all out. Let’s just say I have no reason to lie to these people and why they think I am is beyond me and frustrating. It makes me feel less of a person. They’ve also withheld medications that I’ve needed for my care. Their explanation is they are habit forming.

I finally did get the lorazepam filled, but they only allowed half a script, which was my suggestion anyways. It helps me fall asleep after I’ve been throwing up. The script was filled Nov 29th and I have ten left out of 30. They only had 0.5mg and not the usual 1mg, so I take two at a time. Yeah, I sure am abusing it. I also make sure to take it in with me so they can count the bloody things themselves. I think it took me two months or six weeks to get them to finally write me a script.

They also didn’t want to give me the one medication that actually worked for my nausea. The ER perscribed it to me and it was awesome. They didn’t though and their explanation was they prefer to prescribe their usual one. Well, if it doesn’t work, and they are both in the same family (the medicine), just give it to your patients. This one isn’t habit forming so why not? It’s like pulling teeth I swear. So when I go the ER they give me the script.

Is there more to top onto my frustration? There sure is. Maybe I will explain the other stuff in another post, since I knoenot will take awhile to explain. My anger towards them is pretty high. I usually only stay upset for a day or two, but with this, it’s been going on for awhile now and I’m still very upset. No one likes to be thought of as a liar. So as I said, I go in, get my infusions and leave. I say as little as possible and if I have a medical problem which I have quite a few, I keep it quiet. If it’s an ER doctor, I tell them everything.

Unfortunately, it will be January way too soon and we will have to start with a new deductible and so forth for insurance. My husband has said with the radiation bills and chemo infusion costs, it shouldn’t be long before the deductible and out of pocket is all paid off again. We’re going to be in the poor house for awhile though.

I will say it was nice when my husband would push me to go to the ER because the bills would be zero. Their medicine was the only thing that would stop my throwing up. However, every time I went there I was terrified they were going to admit me in the hospital till I stopped. Thankfully, after ten or twelve hours I’d be alright to go home.

Well, other than all that, I am getting stronger since my last infusion. My next one is January 10th. I’m also looking at getting my hip replaced late next summer or fall, maybe earlier. I’m going through the steps right now.

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas with family and friends. I know I did. Okay, except the fall I took. My cheek still hurts! And I have a lot of swelling above my mastectomy. Ice works wonders. I was scared I had broken my cheek bone and chipped a bone or something in my elbow, but the radiation doctor didn’t think so, great news.
    Be well good people,
    Love you all,
    Ma’iingankwe

• pjpatriot says:

I”m not sure where you are receiving ‘care’ but they lost touch with compassion and good medicine. I pray that new people come into your life that will support you and your husband as you walk through this and that God gives the peace that passes all understanding. God bless and keep you, may his face shine upon you and give you peace. Amen

• maiingankwe says:

Thank you pjpatriot, much appreciated. I cannot imagine how I would get a new cancer doctor since they’ve been here pretty much since the beginning and love the state of Alaska. If I were to guess, I think they like being the only cancer doctors up here and the prestige that comes with it. They’re also hooked right up to the hospital and the hospital is paying for a new, larger room that is needed to mix all of the infusions etc. So they have a good gig going on.

Our radiation doctor is also connected to the hospital and I’m sure the hospital paid for the radiation machines and so forth too.

Actually, the cancer and radiation share the same entrance and are right next to each other. There is only a wall that separates them. It’s amazing how one side is kind and the other, well, not so nice.

I don’t even care for their receptionist. Her and I got into it at the beginning. She had left a message to remind me of my appointment at 8am. So, I came in at 8am. Well, I was supposed to be there 30min early so they could start the blood work. She actually thought she could tell me off. I stood my ground and asked if she’d like to hear her message that she had left me.

Get this, my appointment with the doctor was for 8am. However, when they call or write out a copy of your schedule they are not allowed to put the 30min early arrival time, only the time scheduled for the doctor. It makes absolutely no sense to me, but there you go. So every time I look at the schedule they give me, I have to figure on getting there 30min early. Plus, I never get reminder calls anymore either now that I think about it. They had done it when I had to go every week and every two weeks, but I don’t think they’ve called since it’s now every three weeks. No idea why. She could just be ticked off at me since I ask every time if I have to be there 30 min early. I know it drives her batty. She shouldn’t have tried to yell at me then. She should have taken it into consideration that it was my first time for my infusion and someone may not have explained it to me. I don’t like getting yelled at when I don’t think I’m in the wrong. It doesn’t help when it’s a kid behind the desk either.

So unless my family and I move, which I don’t see happening either, I think we are stuck with each other for the next few years. However, all of the doctors that I have met in the last few weeks have been incredible and so awesome.

Who knows, maybe they just might get that I’m not their opponent and I am their patient who needs equal care. Crazier things have happened. I will pray for that.

Hope all is well and may you have a fabulous New Year,
        Ma’iingankwe

• Joe Blow says:

I miss hearing from you, Ma’ii, so it’s great you were able to get onto the site. I’m sorry you’re having such a hard time with your cancer docs. As if what you are going through weren’t hard enough—you shouldn’t have to have your character called into question on top of it. It was kind of funny, though. When you first said you didn’t care much for them I thought, “I wonder why.” Sure enough, a little later on you started to say it & I thought “Oh!” I thought you must have heard me!

Just one other thing about that. They told my dad that the people usually don’t get sick from the medicine they are giving him, but when he goes for his treatments he almost always gets sick without taking anti-nausea meds. They’ve been great about that though. So just because someone may not react to something exactly the way doctors expect doesn’t mean the person is lying. Medicine is not one size fits all. You would think they should know that.

That fall sounds like it was painful. I hope you’re getting lots of rest to heal up. Ice is good!

Best news though is you’re feeling stronger. I pray every day that the Lord may keep you & comfort you, as well as your husband & daughter. Much love!

• maiingankwe says:

Joe,
        Thank you. I’m sorry to hear about the nausea your Dad is going through, let him know he’s not alone.

Yeah, one would think they would know one medicine doesn’t fit all. However, they were so certain it just had to be something else. They kept trying to put a square peg in a circle. First, they said I must’ve caught something and even though my nausea can last up to eight days after, they were still convinced it just had to be something else. Three infusions and two ER visits later and they are still struggling with that square peg.

The fall did hurt, you’re right. I cried and cried on the floor after. I think I cried more about it being one more thing than the actual owies. I just can’t seem to get a break with it being one thing after another.

My bloody noses are back and I think I have a sinus infection on top of it. Plus, I’ve had a toothache for about three weeks now. I’m calling a dentist in the morning. I’m starting to lose weight again, and this time it isn’t good. I’ve lost fifty pounds since the start of it all. My hubby calls me skin and bones and I don’t much like that. My tooth is holding me back from eating.

My primary doctor closed up her office and is now working for a company with a number of other doctors. It took her awhile to find this placement, so all of us patients were kind of floating around waiting. When she informed us she was working with this place, I called them right away. They told me under no uncertain terms was I allowed to bring up my cancer to her or ask for pain medicine. I could have cared less about the pain medicine and couldn’t let go about the cancer on the phone with them. I explained she had been the one who jumped on it and had me back to back with appointments so it could be dealt with ASAP. I owe a great deal to her.

I swear, what is this world coming to that I can’t talk to my doctor who I’ve had for probably more than ten years about my cancer? What a bunch of hooey.

I will be calling for an appointment with her tomorrow as well. She’s going to have a great time seeing if I have a sinus infection with an almost constant bloody nose. Poor thing.

It will be good to see her since I haven’t seen her since this spring. I love that lady. Plus, gotta love her because she’s always armed. Oh my gosh, they probably don’t allow her to have any guns on her either. Dang, that will have to hurt. She’s a heck of a marksman too. Her husband used to give me his magazines when he was done reading them.

I’m just happy I will be able to see her again. She’s a great person and good at her job. I’ve missed her big time.

I hope you’re doing great Joe. I’m hoping you have an amazing New Year and thank you so much for your prayers.
        Be well and stay smiling,
        Ma’iingankwe

• ” Her husband used to give me his magazines when he was done ” I thought you were going to say Unloading them–you sharpshooter! Thanks for sharing these important, though complicated, details about what you’re going through. It really makes it seem like you & Alaska are just next door. Love & Blessings!

• maiingankwe says:

Thank you Valerie, we are next door, kinda. 😁. Makes me happy you enjoyed them, it really does. Hope you have a fantastic weekend! Stay smiling and be well,
            Ma’iingankwe

• Just a glide across Canada between your side of the street & mine. Hope you are doing well. We have a busy weekend with Josiah playing in Special Olympics basketball games Saturday & Sunday. Tomorrow my husband takes a long day trip with his hunting buddy to Northern Michigan to inspect some property (private hunting place) his friend hopes to buy.

We just had an amazing prayer time with our 3 kids that still live at home. We’re trying something new & hoping to have a weekly prayer gathering with our immediate family, so this was our second session. Michael has mentioned the concept to several people & it seems that the idea might be catching on a bit. His hunting buddy wants to bring some of his family over on a weekend to pray with us…& they live about an hour & a half away!

God is on the move & His purposes will surely prevail–in our individual lives & our nation! Blessings & be well, in Christ, Valerie

• Dear Ma’iingankwe, it’s so good to hear from you. I’ve been praying daily for you to conquer the cancer and for you to return to good health. I saw you upvoted one of my comments on a thread, and hastened here to see if you had posted a comment, So very, very glad you are back! Will continue to pray daily for you.

• It’s so good to hear from you, Ma’i, & I’m glad your Christmas went relatively well. It’s such a shame that you have a cancer team that discounts what you say & basically treats you like a liar & potential drug abuser. I’d be pretty upset too!!! Keep hanging in there & finding the joy where you can–it’s one of your greatest strengths & it seems that it is bottomless; the more of it you give away, the more joy you have!

May the Lord continue to provide healing, comfort, finances, quality health care, opportunities to take joy in the little things, rest, & abundant love to you! In Christ, Valerie

• maiingankwe says:

Now those are beautiful words Valerie, the kind that really touch ones heart. You’re absolutely awesome and talented in making people smile and feel good.
        I will write more after my radiation appointment today, if I’m not too tired. I have a long list of grocery shopping to do right after. I might have to take a nap somewhere in there, but I do have plans of writing tonight with good news. It’s amazing how life affects you when you’re surrounded by kind and loving people.
        Be well and stay smiling,
        Ma’iingankwe

• Thanks for your encouragement. Sometimes it “feels” like I’m speaking/writing to the wind…but all these things are in God’s hands & even far down the road can be an encouragement to others. In fact, when CarePages was planning to cease its services I actually preserved a friend’s carepage posts (in addition to my & Josiah’s carepages) because they’d been such a blessing to me as she went through a parallel liver transplant journey while we were going through Josiah’s own valley of the shadow of death. As long as wordpress exists & keeps those pages up those words are out there to bless others.

I can’t wait to hear what good news you hope to share…but ups, downs, sideways, backwards, upside-down, & in other way it comes–good, bad, & ugly, or even glorious, it’s always wonderful to read of your adventures. Your outlook & perspective is unique & priceless & a continual blessing to probably anyone who reads & “hears” your voice!

God Bless & Keep YOU & give you continued rest, refreshment, & renewal…

• Ddanna says:

Dear Ma’iigankwe, it is always so good to hear from you. I just love to read your posts, but am so sorry to hear your Doctor/team are not treating you well. I will pray for them to realize their shortcomings and do better. I can imagine if they are treating such a nice person as you poorly that others are being treated even worse. Please know that I think of you and your family every day in my prayers. Take care and may God keep you strong!

• maiingankwe says:

I am a big believer in prayer, and I really believe you’ve all helped with some of these doctors. I had an almost complete turnaround from my main cancer doctor today and not only was I happily surprised, I could t help but give credit where it’s due. Right here at the CTH Prayer Thread. So thank you to you Ddanna, and all of the rest of you good people. It’s working.

I’ve been meaning to get here for the past five days or so. However, by the time I get done with everything I’m so tired. The radiation started to kick my bum beginning of last week. I can’t believe this kind of tiredness, but there it is. I have too much to do and so little time. So please know you’re all in my prayers, even the new ones. If I can’t log onto here, I can surely pray for all of you before I go to sleep at night and if I remember during the day.
        Love you all and be well,
        Ma’iingankwe
        Again, thank you Ddanna for your kindness and prayers, you’ve just made my day and night complete.
        Good night and beautiful dreams 😴
        Ma’iingankwe

32. Bionic_Granny says:

Morning Treepers:
    Amanda is receiving a new heart this morning! She got the news that her new heart was on the way during the Alabama/ Oklahoma game. She has been in the hospital almost 50 days waiting! God is so good. Thank you all for your prayers.

• Joe Blow says:

Wonderful news, BG! And during the Bama game no less. Prayers that the procedure went without complications, & that our Lord may comfort the donor’s family during this difficult time for them.

33. Bionic_Granny says:

Evening Treepers:
    Amanda’s surgery went really well. She is now off the machines and everything is functioning as needed. She is now CICU. Please continue praying that there will be no rejection problems. Her family thanks all who are praying. Praise God!

34. Reina Marino says:

Please pray for healing for my Mom who is dealing with a skin infections and recent fall. Thank you and God Bless all at CTH.

35. Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

Please pray that I get my furnace part pronto. I have been without heat since 21 Dec. when my basement was flooded (took out the hot water heater, furnace). Got the water out. On Xmas day my hot water heater was turned back on. Furnace checked on Boxing Day. Now waiting for furnace part. Thankful for a space heater besides wool. Wearing a lot of wool and silk.

36. Martha Creason says:

We thank GOD for all the prayers for our 17 year-old grandson. Starting Christmas of 2017 he was taken to the emergency room for pneumonia. Turns out, the pneumonia triggered an autoimmune disease called Wegeners. He, along with his mom, spent 115 days in the hospital. He also has had Type 1 diabetes since he turned 11. The Wegeners required a year’s treatment of chemotherapy plus other treatments. Happy to say, he is doing well. He regained all the weight he lost and will be receiving his last chemo treatment this month. Our grandson is a Christian and has a wonderful and very mature, (for his age), outlook on life. He has always been careful to monitor his blood sugar and that pad off for him during his hospital recovery period. All of us just have TODAY! We are thankful that TODAY he is still with us and truly enjoyed Christmas 2018. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!

37. FG says:

Please pray for my mom who is hospitalized with low kidney function, my father in law who is in palliative care for stage four cancer and for my family that is struggling with addiction and mental illness. God bless and Christ’s peace. Thank you.

• Joe Blow says:

I’m sorry your family has so much to deal with right now, FG. May the Lord keep you all & guide you through these deep waters. God bless.

• Ddanna says:

Prayers for your mom and dad, FG for strength through their illnesses. Also prayers for the others that are fighting mental illness and addiction. May God bless your whole family with strength and guidance.

• justfactsplz says:

I prayed for your family and all of their needs. I prayed for God’s strength and loving presence to see you through these very difficult times.

38. arkansasmimi says:

Happy New Year Treepers
    Just making sure that other old timers know our sweet Froggie Leggs has passed away. Awesome sleuth, and great friend. I got pretty close to her so there is a void. Please keep her husband and son in your heartfelt prayers. Next week would have been her 57th earthly birthday.

Victoria was born on January 10, 1962 and passed away on Saturday, December 8, 2018. Victoria was a resident of Grand Rapids, Michigan at the time of passing.https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/victoria-smith-obituary?pid=190962947

39. Dear Treepers,
    Please pray for my parents, Bill & Elaine–they are both nearly 80 & having some health challenges. Dad spiked a fever near 105 yesterday & they were at the ER til 2:30am today & doctors couldn’t find the exact cause. Apparently they cultured his blood & he is septic with a Staph infection. We spoke to him today & he sounded quite good with decent energy but they are now back in the ER waiting to be processed for my dad to be in-patient. They recently returned from travels out of town for a wedding & then staying with friends for the New Years & somehow my mom had a tendon in her bicep tear & also has a possible torn rotater cuff & is supposed to have surgery next week. They are both strong Christians & quite vibrant. Please lift them up in these difficulties. Thanks so much for praying!

• Joe Blow says:

Praying for both your parents, Valerie. I pray that the Lord will heal your dad of the staph infection & also that your mom isn’t in too much pain until she can have her surgery. May He protect them & guide the doctors in their treatment.

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

Valerie Curren, I want to make sure you know about the life saving treatment for sepsis. I don’t know if it could be this, but it is better to know that there is something developed by a Virginia doctor that has saved lives.

“…..If you or a loved one succumbs to sepsis, whether caused by influenza or some other infection, please remember that a protocol of IV vitamin C with hydrocortisone and thiamine (vitamin B1) can be lifesaving.15 So, urge your doctor to use it. Chances are, they might not even be aware of it.

This sepsis treatment protocol was developed Dr. Paul Marik, a critical care doctor at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital in East Virginia, and clinical use has proven it to be remarkably effective for the treatment of sepsis, reducing mortality nearly fivefold.

Marik’s retrospective before-after clinical study16,17 showed that giving patients IV vitamin C with hydrocortisone and vitamin B1 for two days reduced mortality from 40 percent to 8.5 percent. Of the 50 patients treated, only four died, and all of them died from their underlying disease, not sepsis. Importantly, the treatment has no side effects and is inexpensive, readily available and simple to administer, so you really have nothing to lose by trying it. ….”

This is the article that discusses this problem. Prayers for your parents.

40. justfactsplz says:

Father God I come before you tonight to lift up Valerie’s parents, Bill and Elaine in prayer. I pray that Bill will be healed of sepsis and that the cause of this infection will be revealed. I pray for the pain that Elaine must be in with her bicep and the rotary cuff injuries. I pray that you would guide the surgeons for a good outcome for her. I pray their faith will see them through and that their vibrancy will be returned to them. I ask these things is your son Jesus’ name.

Amen

• Thank you so much for these beautiful prayers. How are you & your family doing? You were on my mind & heart & in my prayers during the hectic holiday season. Blessings!

• justfactsplz says:

We are struggling but doing okay. My epidurals were about fifty percent effective but I will take that. Gary is doing okay.

I had to put my four pound Chihuahua to sleep a couple of days ago and I am still grieving. He would have been seventeen years old in March. He was my mother’s dog and he outlived her. He always lived with me as did my mother before she had to go in the nursing home. I still have my three Chihuahuas and Gary has his brat cat., lol.

I am still so worried about Lori. Wish I could be with her with all she is facing.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and I am prayng for your parents.

• Oh, JFP, you experience so many trials & hardships it just makes my heart ache. I’m sorry for the recent loss of your mother’s beloved dog. It is good news that you’ve at least gotten some relief from pain & that Gary is doing “well”. Hopefully you & Lori can keep in touch as much as possible, even if it’s not in person.

I’ve spoken to my mom more in the last few days because of my dad’s situation than is typical for us. Just hearing her voice & even briefly discussing how things are going has been very good. I expect that your daughter also loves to hear from you, when you are able.

Thank you so much for praying for my parents. My dad came home from the hospital tonight & is on a 2 week course of Penicillin. He’s been improving slowly & will hopefully finally get a good night’s rest at home!

God continue to bless, keep, heal, comfort, sustain, revive, & renew you & your family…in Christ…

• Joe Blow says:

Glad to hear your dad is home & feeling a bit better, Valerie. Prayers that the penicillin will clear up that staph. God bless.

• justfactsplz says:

I know you really cherish your parents. I miss mine so very much. I am happy to hear your Dad is on the mend. You can’t rest in a hospital. There’s no place like home for sure. Tell Josiah hello. God bless.

• Thanks for sharing these thoughts, JFP. It’s practically impossible for anyone to sleep much at the hospital–patient or support person, unless you’re post-op or under heavy meds causing drowsiness. Yes we’re not ready for either of my parents to go but were trying to prep for that possible loss just in case. Time is precious when it seems relatively short.

My dad has asked that all of his (Michigan at least) descendants that are able/available would join him this coming Labor Day to do the Mackinac Bridge Walk in honor of his 80th birthday. My husband & I & our oldest son only ever did that walk once, in 1995, while we still lived in Northern Michigan–I think that was the only time for my parents too. The twins were along for the ride inside for that 5 mile historic excursion. So I really hope my dad is up for that planned adventure later on this year. Blessings to you & yours

• Joe Blow says:

I’m so sorry about your mom’s dog, justfacts. Glad to hear you at least got some relief from your epidurals. Praying for you, Gary, & Lori every day. God bless.

41. Lucille says:

Prayers for a family member of one of my favorite people…Mark has cancer of the sinus area and is headed for surgery on January 9th…
    Mark Update / Prayer Request 1-8-19
    Dr. Lee Carriker

And a vid from Mark…a fine and fun young man–with darling children and a dear wife–whose life is the Lord’s and he’s placed himself in His hands…

• Ddanna says:

I’m praying that surgery went very well for Mark. I pray for his wife and children for their faith to be strengthened as they help him through the surgery and healing. May God bless them all!

42. Lumina says:

Just found out my niece had an emergency C-Section & the baby girl Myla Emme is not doing well and may not make it… Please pray for the family, her Dad my bro-in-law is not close to his kids & family due to alcohol issues. He lives in the same town. She is close with her Mom & she has new fiancé. She also has 2 older kidlets 7/8ish & 5/6ish ages…

• justfactsplz says:

Prayers were sent up for your family. I prayed for your niece that God would calm her fears and heal little Mhla Emme that she may live and thrive. I prayed for the alcoholic dad. He is missing out on so much of his children;s lives. May the siblings be okay as they try to understand what is going on with their new baby sister. Blessings on them all.

• Lumina says:

Myla went to the angels this morning….so very sad….
        They could not stop my niece’s labor & Myla was born at 24 weeks….

Prayers for other intentions of the Treehouse gang….

• So sorry to hear about your niece’s daughter’s passing. What a blessing to have had even a brief time with her baby before she was gone. Our youth pastor & his wife lost their first daughter about a week before birth. It was an unimaginable tragedy but allowed the Body of Christ to really rally around them in support. Their child was born “asleep” so they never got to know her outside the womb in this life. What a reunion to anticipate in heaven for all these grieving families & those with empty arms & broken hearts.

Dear Lord I ask that you be with Lumina, her niece, her sister & brother-in-law, the other kids who lost their baby sister, & anyone else grieving this tragic loss & provide Your peace that passes understanding & comfort in the midst of sorrows to everyone involved. Bless each person & provide for their needs in the way where they can best receive Your touch. In Jesus’ name

• justfactsplz says:

I am so sorry for the loss of Myla. Prayers for comfort.

• Joe Blow says:

I’m so sorry, Lumina. May the Lord’s blessings be upon you.

• Lumina says:

Not on Facebook which is how people communicate these days (grrr…) My daughter is checking my niece’s Facebook page, she is not home in Montana but moved to Oklahoma in Nov.
      Also as long as I’m making prayer requests…please offer up prayers for my Lil’ Bros’ family and my sister. Tomorrow will be 2 years “since he left” as my Big Bro said today when we talked. He was a wonderful Dad to 5 kids & a protector for my sister…he died too young at 56…

43. Dear Treeper Prayer Warriors,

Thanks for praying for my dad in his recent illness. He’s home from the hospital now & recovering slowly. He’s still pretty depleted & not wanting any visitors. My mom has a consultation with a surgeon on Monday for her torn bicep tendon & likely rotator cuff injury. She’s also overwhelmed by something going on with one of my brothers.

My brother, Curtis, who lives in Texas now, has been dealing with neck pain for many months. He recently had imaging studies done & it was discovered that he has a 1.5cm mass in his cervical vertebrae, possibly pressing into the brain. He has a complicated neurosurgery planned in about a week & a half to remove this mass (& then it will be tested for cancerous cells). He’s supposed to be hospitalized for 5 days & to expect “the worst pain of his life”. There are also anticipated permanent changes, but we don’t know what they might be. If he refuses surgery the mass’s growth could impede his spinal cord in such a way as to cause paralysis.

Please pray for Curtis, his wife, Dawn, the doctors, the recovery & therapy, the lead into surgery (C has some nasty allergies that are impeding his sleep, as is the pain), his work situation, & my parents for their ongoing medical needs & their well-being.

Many people put my dad’s Staph sepsis infection & hospitalization on their prayer lists. My mom was so blessed to hear from people across the country that were praying for Dad. Curtis & Dawn have Many friends, so it is likely that there will be a similar outpouring of prayer for him too.

Thank you, Treepers, for your many prayers on behalf of so many in my family. & currently Josiah is doing very well medically & Brandon is nicely, comfortably, even enjoyably settled into his job–& so many of you lifted these twins up a number of times in prayer. Thank you so much for the prayer support & your many encouragements.

God Bless YOU Richly! & May He supply all that you have need of with His abundant grace…

• Joe Blow says:

That sounds like a scary situation for your brother. And your poor mom having to grapple with that along with your dad’s condition & her own!

I pray that the Lord will usher Curtis through this procedure, that He may guide the hands of the surgeons, & speedily bring him to recovery. Also prayers for no cancer & no discernible permanent effects from the surgery.

I pray also for you, Valerie, that our Lord may give you His peace & comfort during all of these happenings. You are an inspiration to me & all others here with your words of hope & love. God bless you always.

• Thank you for all of this, Joe. What a blessing that we can lift each other up even as we have our own struggles. JFP & Ma’i especially come to mind, both face so many challenges yet seem to pray without ceasing for others & always share words of comfort & hope.

I’m very much a cracked vessel through which His Light & sometimes even Living Water somehow shine through or pour out of in spite of the many times that I wrestle with the darkness of my own soul. God still does exceedingly, abundantly above all that we can ask or even imagine & He miraculously works through us all to spur each other on to/through love, joy, good works, & hope! God Bless YOU!

• justfactsplz says:

Prayers for Curtis that his surgery will be a total success. I prayed their would be no ill effects from this surgery and that they will not find the tumor to be cancerous. I pray for a full recovery for him. God will help you and your family through these trying times. What a blessing that you don’t have to bear this alone. He is ever faithful and right next to you.

44. wolfrom1 says:

Please pray for two dear friends Marty and Mary Jo. Both were diagnosed with metastasized cancer over Christmas.

45. Donna in Oregon says:

Prayer for all (good stuff, not sure about the listener stuff, maybe Child of God? IDK) Inspiration and comfort…..

46. rrick says:

Hello y’all. I am asking for prayers for the family of my best friend, Elizabeth Jo. Her 35 yr old nephew passed suddenly and unexpectedly from a medical condition. They are a tight and very loving family and are quite shook up by his passing. All are believers yet their grief seems unbearable. As a believer he is now with the LORD.

Psalm 139 speaks of us not knowing the number of our days. I thank God for His word revealed!

47. Lucille says:

Update on the prayer request for Mark Carriker and his cancer surgery a week ago. It was successful…so answered prayers on that. The doctors are upbeat re Mark’s recovery, though he is feeling depressed; so please pray regarding his overcoming that. Good news is he’s going home tomorrow, Tuesday, 15th. Bad news is that his wife is ill with a virus; please pray for her full and quick recovery and not passing it on to him. Thanks!

BTW, in case anyone is squeamish at seeing the surgery incision/staples or hearing about how he feels physically and emotionally, he’s frank about it all (and YouTube has already demonitized him once for such things). Thanks!

48. Monticello says:

Plz pray for my father in law. Just passed away. Prayers for the family in this time. A Patriot who defended us in Korea and Vietnam.

49. Bionic_Granny says:

Mandy Update:
    She got to ring the bell today! she will be in an apartment for the next six weeks. lots of tests and a weekly biopsy to be sure she does not go into rejection. Thank you all for the prayers. This child is truly God’s miracle!