Prayer Requests – 9

Please share any prayer requests you may have for friends or loved ones here….

I+call+on+you+my+God+for+you+will+answer+me

Prayer Requests – Part 8

Prayer Requests – Part 7

Prayer Requests – Part 6

Prayer Requests – Part 5

Prayer Requests – Part 4

Prayer Requests – Part 3

Prayer Requests – Part 2

Prayer Requests – Part 1

About Ad rem

Millions of little gray cells wrapped in fur.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,615 Responses to Prayer Requests – 9

1. MarkLDE says:

[I’m reposting this with the numbers replaced with ordinal words to fix the paragraph spacing. Sundance, please delete the prior post which is otherwise identical.]

As a humble servant of God, I respectfully request prayer for five things:

First, my body temple is experiencing shingles, internal inflammation, other minor health issues and loss of energy. Please pray for restoration of my well being and full energy.

Second, there is a leftist, hypocritical church in California called Agape. Its clergy members caused me to be falsely convicted of a crime, and they caused numerous other adverse court orders to be issued against me. I want the conviction and other court orders vacated ab initio, which will require getting a writ of mandate from a higher court. Over the past year, Donald Trump and CTH have caused me to realize that this entire two-decade debacle was motivated by leftist politics. The main clergy members involved are Michael (Agape’s founding minister) and Dolores. The only things I was “guilty” of were (a) practicing what THEY preach (e.g. expressing unconditional love and obeying the Holy Spirit), and (b) uttering “politically incorrect” love speech (I sent flowers, love letters and hundred dollar bills to Dolores). The Agape clergy and several leftist California judges FALSELY construed my actions as “malicious” and “threatening” and done “with intent to create fear of death or serious injury.” (Dolores did not return the money.) Some years have passed, and by now Dolores and Michael are well aware that she was NEVER in any danger. A writ of mandate is extremely hard to get, but if I can get Michael to cooperate (by my agreeing not to sue for malicious prosecution), then he can force Dolores to cooperate, and it will happen. The leftist justices on the Court of Appeal won’t like issuing the “politically incorrect” writ, but if Agape and Dolores are my CO-petitioners, their judicial hands will be tied by the facts and the law! Please pray for me to get the writ of mandate and be freed from this monstrosity.

Third, the false criminal conviction, as well as outrageous slander by my hateful sister and my parents, caused my middle son, Greg to believe all the lies about me, rebuke me and cut off all communications with me. Greg has two small children, who are my only grandchildren, but he has never permitted me to see them. Please pray for Greg’s heart to change, for him to see the truth about me, and for me to have a loving relationship with him, his wife and my grandchildren. (BTW, the writ of mandate prayed for in 2 above would be a YUGE help in this!)

Fourth, please pray for the right woman to come into my life for relationship and happy marriage. I have written a detailed description of the qualities in the woman I am seeking, as well as the qualities of the relationship/marriage.

Fifth, under long-term guidance from the Holy Spirit, I am developing a new technology called AngelBase, which will uplift the IT industry into God’s Light. My other two sons, David and Jonathan, are part of the AngelBase team. Two and a half years ago, we received an investment of one million dollars. We now need to raise an additional ten million dollars from spiritually awake investors. Please pray for the right investors to come forward and invest, and for the vast success of AngelBase.

• justfactsplz says:

After reading your requests I took some time and prayed about them. I pray that you will recover from the shingles. I have had them and they are very painful. I have nerve damage to my right arm from them.

As to your other requests what I am getting from the Holy Spirit is you need to totally surrender to God’s will for your life. You want a wife but it may not be God’s will for you. Your legal issues must be surrendered to God also and you should ask God to forgive you if you have done anything to cause them. Your affections towards Dolores were perceived to be stalking which brought on all of those problems. In asking for such massive amounts of money make sure that is God’s will for you not your will to have this company.

Humble yourself before the Lord. Praise Him and thank Him for what you do have. If it is His will for you to have all of these things you request He is able to give you these things.

Show your son you are living right and totally trusting God in your life and he will see you are worthy to see your grandchildren.

• buzzybee says:

JFP, I agree with you in prayer for MarkLDE. God is sovereign. Everything we are and all we have belongs to Him.

• justfactsplz says:

That was a tough one to answer.

• buzzybee says:

Agreed. Thankfully nothing is too hard for God. It’s a good thing your ears are tuned in to the Lord’s promptings.

• justfactsplz says:

Ha, it’s really a matter of obedience. Sometimes if it is tough like that one I don’t want to go there and tell them like it really is if the answer is uncomfortable. That’s when the Holy Spirit nudges me and I obediently do what He tells me to. I remember once in a prayer group we were praying for someone that wasn’t in attendance. The Lord impressed on me what her problem was but it made no sense. I almost didn’t speak up for fear the others would think I was looney. He kept nudging me so I spoke out the words. Immediately two others confirmed what I was thinking. I have learned to try to always listen to that still small voice within.

2. justfactsplz says:

I just got back from another long day at Shands Hospital in Gainesville, Fla. I had the tests on my legs and waited to see the doctor forever to get the results. The good news is there are no active clots in either leg and no damage to the right leg.

Now for the bad news. There is permanent damage to the veins and valves in the veins in the left leg. The veins affected are very deep veins in my thigh. Because I have May Thurner’s Syndrome it is too risky to operate on them because the Iliac vein in the left leg is under and being compressed by the artery in the right leg where they branch out in the abdomen. Nothing can be done for the pain, swelling, or redness in my leg. The veins are not pumping the blood back to my heart sufficiently. No wonder I am tired all of the time. All I can do is wrestle with and wear the support stockings and elevate my legs. The leg gives out on me and I can’t walk any distance.

G. continues to do extremely well considering what she went through. I got a call from our family doctor on Friday that they needed to set up home health care for G. ASAP. The doctor at Shands called him. It appears G. had refused home health care when they discharged her. I could just shake her. There is good news here though. G. told me she asked Jesus in her heart before we took for her surgery. I can tell knock on wood. She has not been angry or out of line since she came home. Thank you Jesus.

I still go to Orlando to the orthopedic surgeon Jan. 10th about my hip. A lot of my pain is connected to that and once it is fixed I will have less pain and walk a little better and be able to sleep at night I hope.

I am looking forward to the Holidays and having all of the kids but one here this year. I will just pace myself and scoot round the kitchen on my sit down walker. I love Christmas for a lot of reasons but mostly that Jesus came so that I would be saved. Merry Christmas wolverine prayer warriors and much love to all of you. I continue to hold you in my prayers.

• Ad rem says:

On the whole, I would say the good news outweighed the bad JFP. For that I am so grateful. Really, I held my breath as I read the first two paragraphs. Now that you know the cause of much of your pain, maybe it will force you to sit and rest more often.? I know…I know….they all seem to depend on you.

PS…Oh, and please give G a good shaking for me too. Refusing home health care….good grief….SMH.

• justfactsplz says:

True, I have a good reason now to rest more often, something I don’t do much of. I have always worked hard and stayed busy. Now I can work hard at resting more. There are some wonderful Christmas movies on this week and I also like to embroidery. I have a very large sampler picture that I started years ago when I had surgery that needs finished. I know the cat and three Chihuahuas will appreciate having an extra lap more often. They all get up there at the same time and snooze on the fuzzy lap blanket. I think it’s the blanket they are after, lol.

I felt let down at first because I was so hoping they could fix my leg and it would be normal again. It hasn’t been right since the blood clots in Marh, 2015. I will just have to work around it’s limitations. At least I still have my leg. Others have been less fortunate.

• buzzybee says:

Please forgive my ignorance, but I’m curious. What does SMH stand for? ‘Stupid Move Hello’?

• LBB says:

I have to look a lot of them up. SMH- shaking my head

Bee, do you get some good rest in the last few days?

• buzzybee says:

Thank you for asking. Yes, actually I discovered that a few hours extra sleep makes a huge difference, both emotionally and physically. I’d wanted to go to my beach retreat for two days, but Oregon’s snow storm prevented that. Hope to get a mini retreat after the New Year. I’m learning to find ways of resting where I’m at if I can’t escape to some of my favorite haunts. Even idling around in a variety store and daydreaming a bit has helped.

• justfactsplz says:

It is so important for you to grab rest whenever you can. I know what you are going through. The emotional pain of your dad’s illness alone zaps your energy along with all of the extra running around you have to do. Grab that glass of wine and curl up and watch a good Christmas movie or read. The counselor with Hospice convinced me when my mom was under their care that I had to take time to take care of myself. I was going through the motions trying to do it all and not break down. Praying you will be able to go to your special retreat soon.

• buzzybee says:

Thank you, dear JFP. Much appreciated.

• buzzybee says:

JFP, I’m thinking more seriously about what you said about resting i.e. reading or watching a movie (both can be done with my feet up). I want to bake Christmas cookies but I don’t think I have the energy. I’m trying to let go of it, but it’s hard to let go of traditions for some reason; maybe because I feel the cookie memories are attached to family events. Even one batch for a friend would be nice, but I’ve decided I won’t do it unless my energy improves. Not sure what God is teaching me; perhaps a lesson about priorities. And I’m remembering what we’d shared earlier about obedience. So….. if God is nudging me to rest; so be it. 😉 I can’t tell you how much I appreciate all the caring and sharing in this treehouse. And the understanding too.

• justfactsplz says:

I love this treehouse for the same reason, sharing and caring. God has really worked on me today to accept that my legs can’t be fixed and to slow down. It is such a painful thing that I know I have to pace myself better. I was always such a busy doer. It’s now someone else’s turn and for me to sit back and relax. I gave up on the cookie making last year due to the pain left behind from the clots and the damage to the veins. My step daughter and daughter in law now do the cookies. Gary has for years made homemade candy for Christmas and he refuses to give it up. He mixes up the candy, I sit at the table and roll the little balls, then he dips them in the chocolate mixture. Christmas dinners will be easy as all I have to do is put a ham in the oven and make ambrosia. The step daughter is making the sides. I wrapped the last grandchild’s Christmas present tonight and eagerly await Christmas Eve and candle light service. God is working on you and me. Now we must convince sweet alleycats to take it easy too. She works so hard but is in so much pain. My prayers continue for her.

• buzzybee says:

Thank you, dear JFP. Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. I’m going to need to practice keeping my boundaries as there seem to be some friends who don’t understand why I’m tired all the time. There is ONE friend who lost her dad two years ago who DOES understand though. I go to her for support. Dad was crying yesterday as they had set a date for interment of stepmom’s ashes for Feb. 3rd. That meant having to talk to the cemetery people, which was hard on Dad. Trying to get thru Christmas with all this grief is indescribable. As well, I have many emotions to filter from losing the stepmom. Likely will call a grief counselor next week that I’ve seen before a while back. I understand about having to work toward acceptance of limitations, due to years of migraines.

My daughter will come over tomorrow and help her dad make Snickerdoodles. If that’s the only cookie that gets made, I’ll accept it. My lemon spritz has been a tradition and her mother in law loves them. It’s possible that my daughter will be here long enough to do the spritz. I’m learning to just let go, and get the rest I need. It’s strange how emotional weariness can make us physically weary, but that’s the way it is. Today I have to pick up a prescription, which takes time from doing stuff here at home. Not to mention calling Dad. His shingles pain acts up when his grief hits. So last night and today are a challenge.

I’d be a mess without God. Yes, He is surely working on me. I don’t understand why things have happened the way they have, but I trust God that He has my best interests at His heart. Today is a good day to meditate on His love. I’ll continue to pray for Alleycats too. And for you too of course. May your Christmas be blessed with love of family and God’s comforting Presence.

• justfactsplz says:

I will keep praying for you. I know this a difficult road you walk right now because I made this walk last year losing my mom 2 days after Thanksgiving. I know you will get through this by the strength that God will give you. Don’t look too far ahead. Live in the moment of today.

• LBB says:

JFP,
      Thanks for the update. Such a balancing of things going on by you. I always hate to hear when surgery isn’t an option. I assume that means they can’t put in a stent to relieve the compression and support the area ? I wish your hip date was closer, but I am glad it is on the horizon. I pray the stockings and elevation gives you some relief. Praise God that there was no sign of clots !!!

Also excited to hear how well things have gone in G’s life. It is always a treasured moment to witness someone accept Jesus into their heart and then see/feel the change in them first hand. I am sure you had much impact in that area too.

Enjoy your family Christmas and may it be the best of the best.

• buzzybee says:

Praying that G continues to grow in her new faith! Glad you have hip appointment scheduled. Sad about your leg. Merry Christmas back to you! Will share something with Treepers further down this thread that came to me recently. Love and Hugs, dear JFP.

• Sha says:

JFP- Thank You God ! No blood clots , We will take that victory and keep working on the rest. I’ll be thinking about you on the 10th and praying you get nothing but good news. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

• justfactsplz says:

Yes, I really wanted them to be able to fix the veins and valves in my legs but I now accept the fact that I’ll never be able to do all of the things I used to. I had trouble facing that fact ever since I became disabled. Now that I have accepted that I can focus on things I can do for God. I can pray for people and share the Gospel with lost souls. I just can’t hit the ground running and work on some of the harder physical things I used to do for church. I am grateful that I am as good as I am. They told me yesterday that I would always face a high risk for clots because of the May Thurner’s Syndrome. I then realizied God was protecting me when they couldn’t take the IVC filter out. It may protect my life one day. You have a Merry Christmas with your family and grandbaby and a Happy New Year in your new job. I thank God for protecting you. God is good all of the time.

• Sha says:

JFP – I think you do pretty darn good with everything you have going on in your life and with all the health problems you have had. Most people would be broken by now with all the things you have been through but your not . I have learned to be grateful for all the blessings I have and not focus on all the bad .I think you have learned the same. I believe there is power in words and strength in numbers in prayer so I believe it never hurts to pray for what we need even if God doesn’t always give us the answer we wont. We have not because we ask not……. Smile my friend you are here and that’s no accident. God didn’t promise us a easy walk but he sure did give us some good company to walk with us. 🙂

• justfactsplz says:

The good company that walks with us is a true blessing from God. That’s how I feel about the wolverine prayer warriors.

I had my follow up with my hematologist today. She is the one who treated me for the blood clots in the hospital and follows my Coumadin levels and checks my blood every two weeks to make sure I don’t have any internal bleeding because of the high dose of Coumadin. It was her that sent me to Shands. She was not happy that they couldn’t fix my leg and she was going over the test results. She said it stated it was an incomplete test because they were not able to see all of the veins for some reason. I told her I was tired of the trips to Shands and we agreed to keep on doing what we were doing before I went to Shands just monitoring everything, wearing the stockings, and elevating my legs.

The hardest part is the physical pain. It gets me down by night time. After I get my hip fixed and the back surgery I have put off for 8 years I may consider pain management for the leg. It might make me feel better. I just didn’t want to have to take strong pain killers but it may the best option for me in the long run.

Wish you were here to have a cup of coffee and some of Gary’s home made candy. I cherish every Christmas that I have him with me. I am grateful that G. will be here for her first Christmas also. She is still doing well.

• Sha says:

I wish I could have a cup of coffee and some of that candy with you also. I’m hoping I will be better to cook Christmas dinner. I have been taken out of work because I have pneumonia right now and am having to take the Iv antibiotics and A breathing treatment. I have a inhaler that I have to use and one of the side effects has been , I can’t sleep but 3 or 4 hours. I think I understand a little better were Alleycats is coming from with her breathing problems and how it can take a tole on you and I don’t even touch on what she is going through. Were here my friend to see another Christmas and our children and grandchildren smile it doesn’t get much sweeter than that. I’ll be thinking about you when I have my coffee this morning. I hope you and Gary can show G what Christmas is about since she had been alone for a while.((hugs))

• justfactsplz says:

I pray for your lungs and full recovery. I had pneumonia three times when I was in my thirties. I take the vaccine and knock on wood I haven’t gotten it again. Pneumonia drains your strength. I pray you will be able to sleep better. Maybe some of your family members can help you with the Christmas dinner. I hope your new job is understanding about your illness.

I am having all three of Gary’s children, spouses, and six grandchildren along with two old neighbors over for Christmas day. Then my youngest daughter, her husband, and two children will be coming in from Tallahassee to my house on Dec. 29th to celebrate our meal and Christmas. Only a few times in all of these years have we been able to have all our children at the same time. So I am just putting a ham in the oven and easy sides. I even bought the desserts from Sams this year. I can’t stand in the kitchen for hours like I used to and want to.

• Sha says:

I hope your Christmas went well. I bought my desserts from Sams this year also. I just didn’t have the energy for the baking. I feel a lot better than what I did but not quit over this yet. My voice is about gone and my chest is still a little heavy but still a lot better than when I started. Thank You for the prayers. You ready for our NEW YEAR ? I’m excited about seeing whats going to happen with the new President.

• justfactsplz says:

I had a good Christmas with all of Gary’s kids and grandkids. I had 16 people here Christmas day so it was a little tiring. Tomorrow my daughter, son in law, and granddaughter and grandson are coming from Tallahassee to celebrate Christmas. Friday we have to drive back up to Shands to take G. for her check up.

I am looking forward to the New Year. It is so encouraging to see what all President Elect Trump will do.

Sounds like you really had a bad case. I will continue to pray for you. I hope you get well and back to work real soon.

• buzzybee says:

Praying for you to get over the pneumonia and have the Christmas help you need.

• G-d&Country says:

Dear justfactsplz I know this is an older post, but I wanted to reply when you wrote about hip pain, and getting a hip replacement. My husband had to have both his hips replaced. He at times could not even stand up or walk, forget about stairs. The pain was constant. The difference is amazing! He is not in constant pain, can stand (not for long times), walk as much as he wants, walk up & down stairs, and even occasionally kneel down to get something off the floor! He is now 1 1/2 inches shorter because it was bone on bone with cysts and so much bone had deteriorated, but who cares he’s shorter – not me – I’m short anyway. He had them replaced 11 months apart. The doctor refused to do both at once because it is much more risky. I pray your hip surgery is soon and successful, and it gives you as much relief as it did my Hubby. He is so glad he did it. God Bless You.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you for replying. I saw my orthopedic surgeon yesterday. I had the left hip replaced 10 years ago and it has been great. I was experiencing terrible pain again with it and the right one. The replacement one is fine. The right one has some cartilage left so he doesn’t want to replace it yet. I had bursitis in both hips so he gave me cortisone injections in both hips. He said the problem is coming from my back. I have sciatica in both legs. I did have one level of fusion 11 years ago. In 2008 they said I needed more back surgery but I have been putting it off. I have to have eight weeks of physical therapy on my hips. After that I will go to the back surgeon. My hips and legs hurt so bad.

• G-d&Country says:

I am so glad to hear the replacement one works well 🙂 and that the injections work for you. Having physical therapy on your hips before surgery is good – glad the doc is having you do that. I have neck, back, hip and knee problems from being hit by a car and also had sciatica in both legs from my back after the accident.This was 32 years ago. I had physical therapy then for a few months, and have had it off and on since then. I thought after having the physical therapy a few months after the accident that would be all, but having it as needed (because I do lots of physical stuff) keeps the pain down. After surgery continuing the exercises the therapists give you yourself at home to keep certain muscles limber and strong helped Hubby a lot. The shots in my hip did not work so well, and I can not have a hip replacement because I have an overactive immune system, so I have really concentrated on improving the muscles and proper walking. I do not know your weight, but my doc said my extra weight (about 60 lbs of mine is lymphatic fluid) would not have a direct affect on my hip, but would affect my knee, and then the knee would affect the hip. It is all connected – remember that song: “the hip bone’s connected to the knee bone”? This is a long way of saying I am happy you are getting the surgery and not putting it off, but please do not do as I did and for years forego continuing physical therapy thinking it was just a one shot deal. You probably already know this. I have a friend who also gives a lot of background to a story, then she goes “augh! …to make a short story long!” and we both laugh 🙂 Try to remember what they say on airplanes, “put the oxygen mask on yourself first, then you can help others”. Praying for you – please continue to post your progress. God Bless you.

• ZurichMike says:

You are on pemament status on my prayer list. Hang in there. A blessed Christmas to you and yours.

3. buzzybee says:

Dearest Treepers, wishing you all a most merriest Christmas and a happy and hopeful New Year. While I’m at it, I just have to reiterate that it’s such a blessing that we can have hope for our country to be able to preserve freedom, among so many other things (education, healthcare, industry, etc.). Much more I could say, but will save that for the general blog later on.

Good day for Dad & me today BTW; good report from kidney doctor that he’s still stable for a while.

Meanwhile, on my way home tonight I was looking at the lights and thinking about the meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate it as we do. The thought came to me that in a way, Christmas is the promise of Spring and the resurrection. Without the baby Jesus coming to accomplish His work on the cross that brought us Easter, there would be no resurrection. I know I’m preaching to the choir here, but this came on so vividly as I was looking at the Christmas lights, thinking about Jesus as the light of the world. Winter has always been a challenge for me. For years I’ve longed for Spring when January comes. I start looking for the first tips of green from my bulbs right after the New Year. THIS year, looking at the Christmas lights felt almost like looking at the first tips of my tulips or crocus that peak thru in February. The Light of the world brings the promise of life, and hope, and renewal, and of course eternal life when God calls us Home. In Heaven, there will be no more death, or crying, or pain. The perishable will put on the imperishable.

May God bless and keep you all in His loving care this Christmas, and may a good measure of joy and hope be yours as we celebrate the birth of His precious Son and remember what God has done for us.

• justfactsplz says:

What a beautiful post. I always think of the cross at Christmas time and I thank Him for coming to offer us eternal life. So many don’t get the true meaning of Christmas. The progressives were taking Jesus out of Christmas, no manger scenes, no saying Merry Christmas. Since President Elect Trump’s election I notice stores and everywhere I go in public people are once again saying Merry Christmas.

That is good news about your dad. God is giving you a great gift, time with your dad. I hope and pray you have a wonderful Christmas together.

• Sha says:

That is a beautiful post . Merry Christmas buzzybee to you and your family.

4. Alleycats says:

Dear fellow warriors, I caught up on the recent posts and I want to thank you all for mentioning how you are praying for me. Every time I visit here I am just so humbled by the Holy Spirit present in every one of you.
    JFP – I’m so glad to hear of G’s change in attitude. I prayed hard for her to receive God’s love and have it lessen her anger. I’m so sorry about your legs, I do hope your hip surgery is successful though. I’ll pray for a miracle recovery for you. Buzzybee – I’m so sorry your dad has shingles especially while he’s still grieving. I prayed for God to have mercy on him and send his physical pain away so he can work through his emotional pain. Sha – thank you for your continued encouragement. I’m still trying to accept my limitations, even though I don’t want to consider them limitations. Even though my lungs will never get better, I’m hoping that with treatment, they at least won’t get worse. I work so hard because it’s all I’ve ever known, and I’m a fiercely proud person. I try to convince myself to let go of it, but it always wins out. My sweet hubby says I’m as stubborn as a briar-eating-mule, lol. I still know that God is with me and he will reveal why I’m on this roller coaster when he’s ready to do so. In the meantime, I just hold on tight and pray.
    I hope everyone here has a wonderful Merry Christmas. May God bless and keep us, in this magnificent tree house.
    Love and hugs to all.

alleycats never say never ! (your lungs) 🙂

• buzzybee says:

Thank you so much for your prayers for my dad. All of our prayers are precious to God. Merry Christmas back to you also along with love and hugs.

• justfactsplz says:

Alleycats, targeted prayer brings results. I will target my prayers for you concerning your lung function, for healing. Your target prayers for G. were answered. Since she accepted Jesus as her personal savior I am seeing Him work in her life. She has been less grouchy and the bad anger has been in check so far. She is still a very needy person and does very little even before her surgery. She does have a lazy streak. Gary said she will have to step up to the plate more when I have my surgeries. He convinced me to have them done and not put them off waiting for her to do more for herself and around here. I know he was right. God works small and big miracles in the tapestry of our lives. It is wonderful to witness. Have a very Merry Christmas and God bless you and your family.

• LBB says:

Alleycats,
      So much as been done for lung disease/COPD. I pray they keep you on a regimen that gives you a good quality of life. Always keep your eyes and ears open for new products & discoveries. We want you around for a long time.

5. Katherine McCoun says:

Praise report: my husband has a job! 15 days after being laid off, 14 days after beginning the new job search, he had an offer on the table. Less income than before but still enough to meet all of needs. Will tighten our belt and be fine. No benefits, 401k, no paid days off, but income and all needs met. Could have kept searching but didn’t want to let an opportunity pass by being cocky about more job offers coming. I am sure that he will hear back from many applications after Christmas as this was a tough time to be job searching but better for us to take a sure thing than to wait for a probably since no job at all right now. We were esp. Happy to have the papers signed prior to Christmas weekend.

6 month contract so he will begin searching in 3 months for a new, full time job at his previous pay level and responsibilities or a job that lets him take on more and new responsibilities. But this time he will be job searching while we have a job and for the end of a contract v. Sudden lay off. Never been laid off before — That was awful! Thank you for your prayers. 2 weeks at Zchrustmas time was excellent turn around!

• ZurichMike says:

I know the feeling well. So glad something came through to tide you through to better things. A prayer to St. Joseph — patron of workers — for a bit of help!

• Alleycats says:

Oh Katherine, what a terrific early Christmas gift! So very happy for you both.
      Praise be to God for His many blessings.

• justfactsplz says:

Katherine this bit of news just made my Christmas even better. I am so happy for you, your husband, and your son that your husband was able to get this job anchored down in time for Christmas. This is a wonderful answer to targeted prayer. God moved His hand so quickly in your favor. You are blessed.

• Katherine McCoun says:

Thank you all for prayers and yes! Very happy that the offer was made and accepted 2 days before Chistmas! A relief and made the holiday much more peaceful and relaxing

Katherine That is great news ! Thank You God for this blessing. 🙂

• LBB says:

Praise God. Congrats on the contract and best wishes for the future as it unfolds.

6. ZurichMike says:

My mother’s faith is being tested. Again. My dad (her husband of 61 years) passed away just 4 weeks ago. That was rough going during the last few weeks of his life. Yesterday she received a call about her special needs brother (almost 70) who was rushed to the hospital with what they though was a stroke. Turns out he had a hematoma on his brain (probably a bleed from the blood thinners he takes) and they had to do emergency surgery, remove part of his skull, and drain the hematoma and clear out dried blood. He is in ICU now.

My mom is her brother’s ward. He has been in a beautiful campus-like institution for the severely retarded for 55 years. My grandparents visited twice a month while they were alive, and my mom faithfully visits and takes him for day trips, mostly to her house, where she makes a beautiful lunch for him, and they sit and he repeats things she’s heard a million times before, but she acts like she’s heard them for the first time. I once asked my mom why she makes such a fuss (good china and silver, linen napkins, candles) since he doesn’t know the difference, and she replied “But I know the difference.”

I just woke up to 30 text messages from a visiting brother and his family who have been able to get my mom to and from the hospital, and all about my uncle’s prognosis. He’s not out of the woods yet.

My mom still remembers the anguish on the day her parents made the decision to put him in this institution (he was 15, full of energy and had violent outbursts that could harm anyone nearby). It has been his home all this time, and he has had a wonderful, full life in comfort and safety. That he with his disabilities has lived so long in such good health (up to now) is a testament to his care. My mom remembers him not understanding why his mom and dad were leaving him at this hom and she remembers his wailing when they left. At home, my mom wept and prayed. In her despair she glanced at a small rendering of the Blessed Mother and the Infant Jesus she had hanging in her room doubting whether they had made the right decision, and to this day (she is almost 86) she recalls in excruciating detail that at that moment, an incredible peace came over her, and she heard/felt a message that he would be OK.

Sorry for the long message — it helps to put things in context, I suppose — but I would greatly appreciate your prayers for my uncle and for my mom.

Thank you.

• Sha says:

ZM I am praying for your uncle and for your mom. Your moms love for her brother shines through your words. This has been a hard year on her and your family. I pray things start getting a lot better for all of you.

• ZurichMike says:

Thank you, Sha. He made it through surgery and is resting. He’ll need help to recover from the minor stroke, which will be difficult as his mental capacity is no more than that of a three year-old and he won’t understand the therapy. They took him off of blood thinners (for a heart condition) which may prevent another bleeding situation but puts him at risk for a “heart event”. Sigh.

• LBB says:

ZM,

I am sure you know your family have been on our hearts during the recent loss of your Dad. I do believe your Uncle has gotten good / God care during his institutional stay, as his longevity while there can show. As your Mom “knows the difference” , so does God in how we treat each and every life.

I pray for your Mom (and family) to look to God for continued strength, and that your Uncle stays in good hands for his healing and health.

7. justfactsplz says:

Praying for all that come to mind this early morning. I rejoice that Katherine’s husband found a temporary job. I pray He will lead him to a great job with great pay. I pray for Busybee’s walk with hospice with her dad that he will not suffer terribly and that she will find time for herself and that God will keep her strong. I pray that God continues His work in healing Zurich Mike’s aching heart. I pray for Alleycats lungs to heal and that God helps her endurance as she continues to try to work. I pray for Ralph and Dee and that Ralph’s health is back to normal now. I pray Menagerie finds that perfect job if she hasn’t already. I pray for Taqui wherever you are. I pray for Pam’s chronic pain. I pray for Stormy’s granddaughter and that she has no problems with her new kidney. I pray for Mossback’s eyesight and his wife’s cancer. I pray for Ash, her husband, and her daughter for their health problems. I pray that God will heal Sha’s pneumonia and help her with her new job. I pray for anyone who has graced these pages and had prayer requests that I may have neglected to mention. I pray that God will be ever present in your lives with His unconditional love and light.

8. Plain Jane says:

If anyone has a spare prayer in their heart, our family could use it please. Not trying to be cryptic, just too hard to explain right now, but two miscarriages since late summer, DiL hemoraged last week, all family with diverse personalities and baggage here for Christmas. Depression setting in on the kids who lost babies. Tensions running high, and I lost my temper tonight and only God can fix what I did and said.

We burried another son’s preborn two weeks before Christmas a few years back.
    God bless you all and thank you for being here. Prayers for you also.

• Ad rem says:

Prayers going out for you all Jane.

• ZurichMike says:

Jane, how awful, especially at Christmas time where we celebrate the birth of a child. A special prayer to St. Catherine of Sienna to join her prayers to ours for those who had the misfortune of miscarriages. A special prayer to the Holy Family to watch over yours. A special prayer to the Blessed Mother for all mothers and mothers to be.

• ginaswo says:

God Bless Jane
      Prayers up

• justfactsplz says:

I pray that God will comfort these families who have lost these precious babies. I had three miscarriages and God did bless me with two healthy daughters. Holidays are hard on the best of families and most have diverse personalities, mine included. I know how you feel. God knows we aren’t perfect and He forgives us when we make mistakes and ask his forgiveness. He also can mend the tears in life’s tapestry that we rip open if we hand the problem over to Him. I pray for healing of your family’s relationships and for peace of mind for you, dear Plain Jane. Hugs to you.

• Sha says:

Sending up prayers for your family now.

9. Plain Jane says:

Thank you, thank you Ad rem and ZM. The child with whom I lost my temper has forgiven me, and I have forgiven myself. We had a good, productive talk this morning. God is so much better to me than I “deserve.” You guys are terrific.

The kids whose preborns God took back to Himself this year still are in the both physical and emotional situation, but are reaching out to Him. DiL thankfully, is learning to lean more and more on God. I also think God is trying to give us all, from us grandparents to our young adult grandchildren, to our two year old grandchild, to our kids and their spouses, a crash course in pride control or management.

ZM, I didn’t know about St. Catherine of Sienna, and will ask for her intersession also. TY for telling me. I will look for appropriate info and prayers re her, to give to son and DiL.

• Ad rem says:

I lost my first child on Mother’s Day many years ago. You never forget….however, there will someday be that longed for special child, and in years to come even grandchildren. We know not the reason why these things happen, but in time, and with God’s help, the painful memories do lessen. ❤

• Plain Jane says:

I’m so sorry Ad rem. That had to seem nearly unbearable. My mom miscarried two of my siblings and my brother died SIDS before I was born. I’m sure she never forgot, although time does lessen pain.

• justfactsplz says:

I walked this path also, three times. God does help. I ended up having two daughters and two grandchildren. In God we always have hope.

• LBB says:

Wasn’t here for a few days. Happy to hear your relationship already had the conversation & forgiveness stage. Renewed prayer for those have endured the loss of miscarriage (my sister had one also and never tried again) and the memory of it that endures. God is always there to lean on.

10. ginaswo says:

Hello everyone
    my teenage son Robert has been admitted to Phoenix Childrens Hospital
    it is probable sudden onset of Type 1 diabetes

he went for a year end routine checkup today
    he has been very thirsty and we insisted on bloodwork
    he lost 12 lbs since last visit (he is 6’3″ and lean)

they did urine test to show us we didnt need labs but it tested positive for diabetes type resukts

he had Stat blood test and it came back 262 (110 normal)
    pediatrician called ahead to PCH to have admission thru ER and pediatric endocrinologist expecting him

I will post updates
    God Bless you all

• Ad rem says:

God bless your son and the entire family ginaswo. We will certainly all be praying for you.

• Plain Jane says:

Robert and you are in my prayers. Type two freaked me out as an adult, so I can only imagine how difficult it is to be diagnosed with type 1 as a young man.

• ginaswo says:

Thank you everyone. Diagnosis is Type 1. His body is in ketosis. It has been burning fat and muscle since it couldn’t process blood sugar. He got insulin tonight. More in the morning. Admitted through Friday. Spouse and I report to hospital at 9am for nutrition and treatment training. They do 3 days of training while they stabilize him.

He will need injectable insulin and carb counting. They say he will gain back his weight and be fine with proper treatment and diet.

Our daughter is flying in from NYC so we can do this together.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers everyone. God Bless us, every one.

• Sha says:

I’ll be praying for Robert……..

11. mopar2016 says:

Heavenly father, thank you for answering my prayers and allowing Mr. Trump to emerge and win.
    Please continue to protect him, and please consider the prayers of all on CTH.
    Thank you for giving Sundance the ability to show the truth so eloquently.
    Thank you God, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

12. ginaswo says:

Thank you again, so much Treepers. i love you guys.

his blood sugar went from 242 at doctor office (they told us today tgat his range should be 85-110), to 646 in the ER.
    they then gave him too much insulin (they said) bc then he tanked down to 40 😨
    they said too high does damage over time, but too low can take you OUT,

this afternoon before lunch he was 240.
    the bloodwork with the antibody to confirm type 1 is not back yet, but since he is so thin they are treating him as type 1.
    we met with endocrinology coach for 3 hours today learning learning learning.

i had a brave face on but the boy knows me too well and his primary concern so far seems to be not upsetting me.

What a mensch, YYYUUUGE heart, beautiful soul.
    there are 2 simple mathematical formulas to do before each meal to get right insulin dose.

simple if youre not totally lacking math gene . I wouldda been great caretaker if history of Tudor England was the key to treatment. Thank you God for calculators and apps.

I cannot see the tiny lines on the syringe, easily fixed with trip to walgreens for magnifying eyeglasses.

im holding out hope hes the first skinny type 2 in history and we can correct with dietary changes,
    but Im grateful, does this sound weird?, that its nothing worse and that this didnt hit til 16 (they said this usully kicks in before age 12).

I will keep updating.

My son made his Communion and Confirmation just 2 years ago, of his own accord. The prayers meant a lot to him.

Thank you dear ones.

• Ad rem says:

Type 1 kicking in at 16 is not as unusual as you think. My daughter’s HS prom date was diagnosed at the age of 17. And….he’s now a very robust and healthy deputy sheriff.

Thanks for posting the wonderful news!

• LBB says:

Your son is going to feel so much better when they do get his sugar level in control. I hope that this will be evident to him and his body. There are support groups for everything in communities and online for the afflicted and the family.

I unite in prayer with your family and other in need here too.

• justfactsplz says:

Continued prayers for Robert. My husband is Type 2 diabetic. Once you learn about giving the meds and how to make up your diabetic menus you will find it’s not so overwhelming. You are a very smart woman and loving Momma bear. You will do fine.

• ginaswo says:

Thank you Treepers!!!! This community has been so welcoming, so loving, so faith-filled and so full of positive energy and camaraderie. Youuuuuu arrreee so beauuutiful to meeeeeeeeee
        😆

• ginaswo says:

My son is home!!!! Thank you so much Treepers for your prayers and support. We have a diabetes coach and a plan. The comments about others w T1 who have challenging, rewarding careers really lifted all of our spirits, and helped us look at this diagnosis in a much different way.

We are truly grateful.

13. Tommy Tunes says:

please PRAY for my neighbor as he and his wifes house burned down

14. justfactsplz says:

Gary and I took G. back to Gainesville for her post op visit. Everything is fine. They explained the surgery to us and told us it was used to teach a surgeon who was a Fellow there at Shands. She doesn’t have to go back for six months.

Please keep us in your prayers as G. is back to her old grouchy and hateful ways. It is really wearing on our nerves.

• LBB says:

I really pray that God will soften G’s heart. Maybe through something that is in your home.

• Sha says:

I told you my mom is grouchy also , so I know how you feel.:( It’s so hard to deal with sometimes. I’ll be praying for things to get better for you.

• justfactsplz says:

Thanks. I am so hurting that I can barely walk and I don’t take it out on anyone else so I have little patience for it.

• Sha says:

I have to deal with my mom calling me at work and leaving lots of voice mails on my phone and a lot of other stuff just to grip about my brother or his son. She lives with my brother. I helped her get a apartment but she refused to move in even after we got her furniture and everything. Some people just like to be unhappy. I just pray for her because we both know we can’t let other people pull us down to there unhappy level.

• justfactsplz says:

I never suffer from depression but lately I think I am. Other people do pull you down sometimes.

• Sha says:

Yes they do. Thats why I have to love my mom and brother from a distance. Other people’s bitterness can pull you down a lot faster than you think. I went through a lot of highs and lows over the years with my mom. Can you get G any counseling ? It helped my mom.

• justfactsplz says:

She won’t go. She is not grasping that God is good and loving either. She has carried immense anger for sixty years. She sees God as not caring because he doesn’t stop bad things from happening. She is a very bitter angry person. Gary is about over it.

• Sha says:

JFP You can’t save G she has to save her self . As much as your heart wants to, you can’t save anyone who doesn’t want to be saved. I learned along time ago all you can do is share what you know and pray for her to find her way. I am a glass half full kind of person you know that about me by now but both my older brother and mom are always a glass half empty, they always have been . I try to always do right they try to do what ever they please and then run to me to clean up the mess. It is hard to have someone so bitter around, it eats at you when your not that way. My heart goes out to you because I couldn’t live with my mom so I know its really hard on you and Gary.

• Buzzybee says:

Sha, you are absolutely right. I had to put some distance between my mother and me and protect my daughter. My mother has borderline personality disorder and Alzheimer’s on top of that. Long story, so will stop there. Suffice to say that sometimes we absolutely MUST distance ourselves from toxic people for our own emotional health. JFP, I’ve been reading everything on here, just have been to overwhelmed to reply most times. Please don’t let G drag you down. I know from prior counseling that there’s a state we can be in called ‘situational depression’. I’ll be praying for you. I believe a respite from G would do you worlds of good. I’m convinced she has some kind of disorder; emotional or mental.

On the upside; my dad got out his bible several days ago and chose some verses from Psalms to be read at stepmom’s burial Feb. 3rd. I didn’t even know he had his own bible. He chose the verses from a little devotional booklet that stepmom had on her nightstand where she had that passage marked. I noticed he had that out. I don’t know how much he’s reading lately, if any, but I do believe seeds have been planted and are being watered. So all of you Treepers out there who have been praying for my dad, please know that God is listening and He is actively working! Please do keep up prayers as you feel led as I’m still very weary and have a long road ahead of me still. I’ll try to update later. We lost the housekeeper we thought we had. But elder stepsis wants to visit every Tue. and take Dad to the store, which I’ve encouraged her to do. She may or may not do a bit of cleaning, but that’s not a major issue right now anyway. I have an appt with a transitions consultant who oversees a ‘pre-hospice’ program and will help us explore options. She will come to Dad’s house on Monday. I’ve not yet told him, so would appreciate prayers that he’ll be receptive. Sometimes he’s cooperative and other times he’s Mr. Independent wanting to be a 30-something instead of an 87 year old with a serious heart condition, kidney damage, etc. He tells me he’s never confused, but I see he sometimes forgets to take his afternoon pill.

I’ve not forgotten the Treehouse. Just had achy arms/shoulders from computer work and had to take a break. JFP, Sha, AlleyCats, and others, I’ve not forgotten any of you and I do read everything on here. JFP, I pray you get a mental break from the problems of G and that you won’t get sucked into a downward spiral. You are very much in my prayers and thoughts. I think God expects us to take care of ourselves too. Jesus left the crowds to rest when He needed to.
                Hugs to All, –Buzzybee

• Sha says:

Buzzybee you and your dad are still in my prayers. I know you both are going through a lot. I am very happy to hear that he has been reading his bible and finding peace in it. Never feel bad for taking time for yourself . I think when we have toxic people in our lives that we love we have to keep our distance are they can destroy us from the in side out.

• Buzzybee says:

Sha, you’re singing my song. Yes absolutely we at times need to distance ourselves, even from loved ones if they drag us down. I learned the hard way that I was unable to have a relationship with my mom because she would not work on her end of it. I got counseling years ago and learned how to move on. Though I also had healing prayer with a great group of people who cared about me and prayed for me. This was back in the early to mid nineties. Due to both the counseling and the prayer, I discovered that the only one I really have to please is God and God is already pleased with me enough to send His Son to save my soul from death. I’m sharing this in case this helps someone else here. Consequently, as I sought (and still seek) to please God I discovered a few important things. One is that His yoke is easy and His burden is light (and He says so in His Word). Secondly, there are times when I do what I believe to be pleasing to God, other people will NOT be pleased. Some people may say or behave in ways that speak ‘us or God. pick which one to please.’ Well, guess what. God wins in my life. So I lost my mom many years ago, even though she is still living in a memory care facility with alzheimers. Don’t get me wrong… this was very hard. I had to grieve this loss. There were times I wailed to God, it was so painful. But God is good. He is faithful, and His love is from everlasting to everlasting. My mother was (is) a Christian, although a very very dysfunctional one with a personality disorder. Still, I believe God will take her home and that will be her healing. I still have the bible she gave me when I was a teenager. My dad is asleep in my easy chair as I type this, napping before we take him home after a good dinner. He’d wanted to hear some music on our computer so I played him some old tunes he likes and then played ‘Abide With Me’ for him. He listened to all the verses and got teary-eyed. I encourage anyone reading this to go and read all 3 (might be 4) verses of Abide With Me. JFP, I especially think you’ll find comfort from the words of this song.
                    Anyway, God is on the move in our nation, and in each of our lives. I can feel His loving Presence as I type this. God is so awesome, I am amazed at what He has done for me and for some others I know of. I thank Him and praise Him for Who He is and for loving us all so much.
                    Happy New Year, Treepers, and may God continue His work, and His loving care, in each of us and in our nation.

• justfactsplz says:

I had missed this post of yours. Thank you for everything. Prayers still for you and your dad.

15. Alleycats says:

Happy New Year to my wonderful friends and neighbors in this magnificent tree.

Thank you prayer warriors – Ad Rem, Justfactsplz, ZurichMike, Buzzybee, Sha, LBB, Angie, and anyone else I failed to name, for being on the wall at all times, watching over us and offering your heartfelt prayers and wisdom. You have helped in ways you’ll never know. So much has changed in this year and even when it’s hard to express it, I still have such hope for the upcoming year – in my heart – for I know that God is with me no matter what, and that everything IS for a purpose.

May God continue to bless us all and guide us along our paths, whatever they may be.
    Love to all,
    Alleycats

• Sha says:

Alleycats FULL RECOVERY !!!! It’s not over until God says its over. This life is full of miracles and I pray you get yours. Happy New Years ! ((((hugs))))

16. ledeplorable says:

I ask for prayers for our President Elect.His tasks are great and his enemies are many.Lord please watch over and protect him, and his family.

• justfactsplz says:

Many prayers are offered up concerning President Elect Trump and his family including mine. We must pray without ceasing. God’s hand is upon him,

17. Buzzybee says:

Yes, it’s good for us to keep our President Elect and his cabinet in our prayers. Thank you, Lord, for giving our country another chance. I ask that You would guard, and guide, and protect our President Elect and have Your way with him and his family. I also ask that You would continue the work in Washington D.C. that You have begun. I ask that You would raise up many more good people to participate in the new cabinet, and in the halls of congress, and ask that You would place Your selected guardians around the rooms of the White House and our nation’s Capitol. I pray for Your tender mercies upon our nation. Please protect the innocent, and bring the wicked to justice. I ask for Your assistance to our newly elected President and request that You open his ears to the voices of guidance that You have selected, oh Lord. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for being patient and merciful to us as a nation. Let Your will be done in our country. With a grateful heart I pray.
    –Amen

18. justfactsplz says:

I went to my orthopedic surgeon in Orlando today. I should have written down everything I wanted to tell him because I forgot to tell him about the large granuloma on the artificial hip that showed up on my CT scan that my hematologist had done. He only did a regular X-ray and that doesn’t show soft tissue. My artificial hip is looking good. The right hip has only a very tiny bit of cartilage left on it. I have bursitis on both hips so he gave me big old injections in both hips to see if that helps the pain. He said the pain I am experiencing in my hips and legs except from the damage caused to my veins is coming from my back and that I need to see a back surgeon. I am experiencing sciatica in both legs he said. In 2008 I was told I needed another back surgery and I have been putting it off. I have been experiencing severe back pain but thought I needed to get the hips done first so I could walk better land stand better. Now I have to find a neurosurgeon for my back as it can’t be merely fixed by an orthopedic surgeon.

So another doctor. It does get tiresome. I will rest tomorrow until the shots kick in and then I have to go to physical therapy three times a week for eight weeks to strengthen my hips. G. is having physical therapy here at the house three times a week starting today. I have to go to a facility where there are machines.

G. is acting up again worse than ever. She is so angry. I told her so. She agrees she is angry and doesn’t want to not be angry. Gary is about to lose it with her. She should be in a facility but she would never agree to go. She is way too mental for me to handle along with Gary’s illness and my own medical problems.

I am grateful to God that I do not have to have revision surgery on my hip because that’s much worse than the original hip replacement. After the back surgery is well recovered I will have the right hip done. The injections will help the pain I’m told so that is an answer to prayer. They sure did hurt to get, especially the left one. I would have come up off of the table if the doctor hadn’t talked about Olney,Illinois and their white squirrels. His wife is from there and he knows I lived in a nearby town growing up. I just thought about the white squirrels during the shots.

• Sha says:

JFP I am glad you are taking the time to try and take care of yourself. I’ll be praying for your pain to go away and for the doctors to get you strait with the care you need. I know you don’t want to think about it but you might not be able to live with G and might have to consider other arrangements with all the health issues you and Gary are having to deal with . I have been praying for things to work out for all of you.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you for your continued prayers all of the good sound advice you share with us here on this thread.

I went to the hematologist today who watches my blood for my Coumadin levels. My white counts were way too high. She said I either have an infection or the cortisone injection caused it. I came home and put ice on my back and hips and took a nap. I have been extremely tired for a few weeks.

G. should really be in some kind of facility. She says she will kill herself before she will go back in a rehab or nursing home. We should have left her in her home and let the Department of Children and Families place her somewhere. She complains about Gary constantly and she knows he has alzheimers and can’t help some of the things he says and does. I can do nothing right. She is quite verbally abusive. She is even angry with God

• Sha says:

JFP I was just thinking yours and Gary’s heart was in the right place when it came to G but you and him both being stressed out all the time and feeling like neither one of you can do anything right can’t be a good feeling. Does she have any friends who are alone just like her that would enjoy having a room mate. There has to be something that would work out for all of you. You need to keep a eye on your blood count that’s not anything to be messing with. I don’t know that any advice I could give can help anyone , I just know I would like to try. I will be praying for all 3 of you to find a solution to the situation you are in so you can be happy and healthy. ((hugs))

• justfactsplz says:

I have come to the conclusion that this is most likely not going to work out. How to fix it is complicated as to actually getting her out of here. Florida has some funky laws concerning this sort of thing. Her other friend said she would help me out with it but know if when push comes to shove she will.

• Sha says:

Have you checked on apartments for the elderly ? I know that some times they can put a rush on getting someone in . You and Gary gave it a shoot thats all that you can do.

• justfactsplz says:

I wonder how much those cost? That is an excellent idea. G. is on a fixed income. Greed does strange things to people. Almost two decades ago she turned down an offer for $750,000.00 for 40 acreas of land. now she sits on 20 acreas and lost the other 20 to the expressway for practically nothing.

19. G-d&Country says:

Oops! I should have read through the entire thread before responding above – sorry my bad. I am glad your 1st hip replacement does not need another surgery, and pray your 2nd surgery goes very smoothly. I am also glad the shots helped you (they did not work for me, but then I have an overactive immune system).
    You don’t know me at all, but some things just touch a person as familiar.
    As to G – I used to be angry and thought I had a right to be angry because of all the bad in my life (lifetime of constant illness, abuse earlier in life, poverty, no children etc, etc,) and was becoming bitter. I would watch the Mass Bible readings on TV, and CBN at times. What really helped me was sitting down and over 2 days reading the New Testament all the way through like a regular book. I had basically read it or listened to it 15 times or more, but in pieces. It affected me much more reading it as a book all at once (2 days). I said this is how I think life should be. Whether my family abandoned me when I could no longer buy/do for them or not, they are wrong and this is right. I want my life like this. There is a book I have in storage (long story) that has the New Testament, not by which Apostle wrote it, but chronologically. I am sorry I do not remember the name. I have tried searching for it on Amazon, but can not find it. 😦
    Please take care of yourself. Do you believe God wants you to destroy your health, your body which He gave you, for someone who is taking out their lousy life on you? Sometimes people do need blunt but polite, firm, tough love – the unvarnished truth to shock them out of their selfishness, stubbornness, and/or depression. My father was like that, even my Hubby (stubborn) is like that sometimes. You admit G is lazy, maybe now it is time to say to her it is time for her to help you as you helped her. Hmmmm… As mentally unsound as it is, some people would rather live in a house like that than have it gone. Do you think she is angry blaming you (not herself) for having her house condemned (and I’m thinking torn down)? You did right, and are really wonderful to do what you are doing, but you have to protect yourself and your husband. Some people who may not even realize what they are doing will take until there is nothing left of you. I know I’ve been there. If G has accepted Jesus, perhaps ask her to read the New Testament with you, and understand she needs to reject anger and choose love. LOVE IS A CHOICE, not a feeling.
    I am sorry to go on. God Bless you.

• G-d&Country says:

Sigh – this was supposed to a reply to justfactsplz comment.

• justfactsplz says:

I found it okay. G has another friend of forty years that called me that day when G. fell ill. She wouldn’t dream of taking her in and G. wouldn’t go there. I have been friends with G. for 18 years. Like Gary says we did not really know her. Her house is condemable but it hasn’t been done because the acreage it is on is tied up with an eminent domain attorney. G. keeps wanting to bring more junk from there to here but we refuse. Her house is about thirty miles from here. She is trying to hoarde here but that’s where I am drawing a line. I always wondered why G. never wanted anyone to come inside her home.

• G-d&Country says:

So Glad you are NOT bringing anything from the moldy house to your home. The mold can SPREAD that way! Even the papers brought in are probably covered with mold spores which can spread & take root. Mold loves paper. Living in New England it gets moldy here because of the humidity from the ocean. I have lost many possessions, & become very sick from mold in a rental house, & apartments, but I have been educated by the mold experts we have hired. There are some good companies for cleaning valuables. If there are items she brought in that smell I can give you further info on natural & other products we and the remediation company used if you want. Mold is nothing to take lightly.
          G has a problem you & your husband can NOT fix. Just my opinion after personally dealing with multiple people (none as extreme as G) is that G will NOT STOP trying to hoard. We were poor growing up, so I understand the compulsion to collect. Stand firm on not letting her bring any more into your house. How is she getting it in anyway? Does she drive or order it online/by phone? If she drives, she can live by herself. Unless she very soon has a great Ah-Ha, Light Bulb, Epiphany, YOU NEED for her to live somewhere better for both her & you. I would think her staying with you was never a permanent situation, so the time has come for her to find a more appropriate place. She is a detriment to you & your husband’s health. She is not getting the help she needs. It is a NO WIN – NO WIN situation. Some senior living places have mental heath counselors that would help her with her hoarding when she started hoarding again after moving in. If she refuses to go to one, then she must find somewhere else. Please do NOT wait until her lawyer fixes her prior house problems. I do not know the state you live in or the laws there, but what will you do if the longer she lives there, the harder it is legally to get her out of your home? My hubby had to legally evict his sister from his parents’ home. When my dad had cancer & my mom started with dementia, I was dealing with my auto-immune, staying in their home, sleeping on the couch, caring for my mom. My siblings lived on either side of them & had no major health problems. At one point my doctor took me by the shoulders & physically shook me back & forth saying “You have to go home & take care of yourself or you will only get worse & never get better!” I went home. You are obviously a very caring person who has helped her immensely. You can NOT fix her. She needs professional help. You need to concentrate on you and your husband. Take my doctor’s words to heart. May God Bless you and the Holy Spirit guide you. Praying for you….

• justfactsplz says:

When G. came out of the hospital we thought she would fully recuperate when she came to live with us. She hasn’t been able to drive since she moved here. I spent three days working on her bedroom and bathroom when she had her surgery five weeks ago. She is hoarding empty boxes and containers, cat food and treats, and people food at this point. Oh, and junk mail. It is truly disgusting as I am a neat freak.

I am seeking God’s guidance and the Holy Spirit has revealed to me in recent days that I cannot help her any more than I already have.

• Buzzybee says:

Dear JFP, I’ve been waiting for you to realize somehow (thru God’s leading etc.) that this is not going to work out with G to stay with you and Gary. Her staying with you was always supposed to be temporary, right? Anyway, I’ll be praying for God to open a door for other living arrangements for G. Strange, it’s dawned on me that the situation with my dad is also supposed to be temporary (my driving to his house 3 days a week). I want him to sell his house and be closer to us. Preferably in Foster Care. I hope to have that conversation again with him this week, possibly Tue. when a pre-hospice consultant comes to give us information. She has told me she’s had conversations with other families in similar difficult situations.

Asking for prayer from dear Treepers for this appt on Tuesday, that God will work within Dad’s heart and home, and that Dad may be open to the facts as the consultant lays things on the line. She even told me to let her be the ‘bad guy’ (bless her!). So my prayer is that our meeting goes smoothly, even though the truth is very difficult for Dad and me. His stamina and muscle strength are weakening and I just don’t think he should live alone beyond April with his diagnosis.

So I guess I can relate to how some situations should be temporary, but then how long is ‘temporary’? For me, I have a place in mind to put my Dad where he’ll be comfortable, closer to me, and safe. But JFP, apparently you do not yet have another living option for G that I can see. I’ll be praying specifically about this problem. May God grant you wisdom, peace, and a respite from all the pain you’ve had to endure.

Have to run. Fixing dinner for Dad tonight as it’s very cold, and he’s housebound right now. Hello and hugs to all of you dear Treepers.

• justfactsplz says:

Thanks, Busybee. When G. came to live with us she was supposed to fully recover and eventually get her own place when her land sold. She never recovered to her old self. She is actually in a lot better shape than Gary and me and is fully recovered from her surgery. She is just lazy. She watches t.v. 24/7 and feeds cats. That’s it besides set the coffee pot and load the dishwasher after supper. Gary sees me hurting so bad doing all of the work and he gets upset. She doesn’t even keep her room or bathroom clean. I spent three days on it when she had her surgery getting it back in order and clean. I cannot live that way.

• Buzzybee says:

Oh, dear JFP. Honey, I am sorry but I think you and Gary are being conned by G. She’s got a great thing going. Money she never has to pay back. A maid to keep her room & bathroom clean, a kind hearted person to feel sorry for her (and she milks that for all she can), two people who tolerate her bad temper, two people who are extremely patient, free meals, medical care, all the television she wants. Are you sure you’re not enabling her? What would happen if you took away the television? I think you mentioned tough love once before. Enabling is not tough love. It’s just enabling the bad behavior to continue. There ARE things you can do. If this were my house, first thing I’d do is unplug the TV and hide the cord. I’d make sure that TV was kaput, gone! Next, I’d let her know that the next meltdown of bad temper will find her out of the house and on the doorstep of the nearest shelter. She may threaten to kill herself because that threat apparently works well for her. Too bad. I’d then say ‘I hope you won’t do that, but I’m not changing my mind. What you do afterward is your own choice.’ Threatening suicide (or self harm) is a great con for some people who like to sponge off of others. It doesn’t sound like there is any fruit to be seen of her acceptance of Christ. I have to wonder if that, too, was a con. Conning may be the only way she knows to survive, but it’s still wrong. And it’s baaaaad for you and Gary right now. I am so sorry but I have to tell it like it is from what I gather of your story on these threads.

The awful false guilt that hits you when you set boundaries is part of the problem. Guilt from God when we actually do something wrong is not the same. Conviction from the Holy Spirit is different from false guilt. False guilt torments you. God’s conviction is gentle.
                  Peter wept bitterly when the cock crowed. But he survived, knowing he was loved, to become an apostle. And as I recall, poor Peter tried walking on the water in a storm for a moment without his eyes on the Lord. We all try it, unwittingly, at one time or another. But Jesus kept him from sinking.

Dear wonderful God, I ask that You would set JFP and Gary free from G and soon. Please give JFP the discernment she needs and shield her from false guilt that You don’t want her to have. I ask that You would clean out JFP’s home from anything and everything that is displeasing to You and offensive to the work that You are doing in JFP’s and Gary’s lives. I ask that You would have Your way with G’s life and with her situation. Please grant wisdom, and open a door of release, for JFP and Gary that they may be released from feeling responsible for G. I ask that You would surround JFP with Your holy Presence in such a way as to protect her from feeling guilty when she sets limits. I ask that You would give her the courage she needs to assert herself, and grant her wisdom in doing so. I pray that You would protect her from the deceptions of the evil one, and give her a way out of this awful situation with this lazy roommate who is taking advantage. I lift this situation up to You dear wonderful God and ask that Your will and purposes would be accomplished in this situation for all 3 of these people. Thank you, dear Father, for hearing our prayers and caring so much about each of us. Amen.

• Sha says:

Buzzybee I’ll be praying for the appointment Tuesday to go well.

20. Plain Jane says:

Please pray for a man named William who is on his death bed. Pray he accepts God’s love and His saving grace. In fact please pray for everyone on their death bed. Thank you all.

21. Plain Jane says:

Thank you all. He is the father of our daughter’s friend.

22. BigMamaTEA says:

Please pray for karensundstrom. Her husband has passed. She is grieving and exhausted. I invited her to come here tonight, but she may not have the energy.

Oh, and Puddy and the Mods. I also told her on the Open thread a minute ago, that I would be willing to post this notice on all the threads, or should she chose to, I would take the “heat” for it. She has some that she has especially shared hot chocolate with, and was wishing she could post on the Election thread.

So, I’m doing it. Take it up with me if there is a problem.

23. Anonymous says:

Praying for you Karen. God is with you.

24. G3 says:

God Bless you Karen. Sending you prayers.

25. Lady K says:

Prayers Karen and Family. Remember, He is with you always and will never leave, nor forsake you!

26. FofBW says:

Thoughts and prayers are with you Karen. These times are so painful, but we have the promise we will be reunited in his time. Then we will know and understand everything perfectly.

27. Alleycats says:

Prayers for Karen. I am so deeply sorry for your loss. Please know that God is indeed with you and I pray He heals your grieving heart. I can’t imagine the pain losing my precious husband. I pray that you have family and friends to help ease your burden as well.

Prayers for William, that he may accept God fully into his heart and be lifted gently into Heaven when his time comes.

Prayers for Justfactsplz, that you find the solution for G needing a different living arrangement. Please don’t be hard on yourself – you did everything you could to help G, but you are no good to anyone if you drive yourself into the ground in the process. And finally -prayers for all the warriors on these threads who help look out for us Treepers and our people. Your generosity here knows no bounds.
    Love to all.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you, Alleycats. I am seeking the answer for G. and fighting the devil to not feel guilty because I could not make this work. I feel bad that G. helped us with the down payment on this place. She had borrowed what was a large amount of money to us from us 12 years ago and never paid any of it back because she was waiting for her land to sell. I was shocked to find out she had money and had not tried to pay us back. So I guess it all comes out in the wash. You never really know someone until you live with them for sure.. G. does not try to fit in to a family unit. She doesn’t even want our kids or grandkids to visit. She has lived like a hermit too long.

• buzzybee says:

Here’s my take on not wanting the kids or grandkids to visit. Con artists like to isolate. It’s much easier for her to con you if you’re isolated away from the rest of your family. Outside relatives may be able to see the con and expose it to the light. Got to keep it in the dark and away from other people for a good con to succeed. She’s pretty much all set up. Visiting family can get in the way of the con’s plans. Therefore, I think you should have a party and invite your closest friends and family if possible. If you have friends in law enforcement, that’s even better. Maybe an Open House for Groundhog Day or something for a few hours or a whole afternoon. Tea and finger sandwiches. Let someone potluck. Let G be herself for all to see. But this is me, and my ideas and I’m not walking in your house. However, if you can take a step back and look at your situation the way an outsider family member would, I suspect you’d see things differently. Please don’t become isolated from your family and friends.

• justfactsplz says:

We have refused to become isolated. Friends and family come and go as usual. They all see through her as she had an outburst in front of them and showed her true colors. I do have a step son in law who is a Unites States Marshal. I will talk to him about it next week when we go to target practice.

• buzzybee says:

Good. I am heartened for you. The red flag that went up making me suspect a con was when you shared that G owes you money that she never repaid. And the fact that she’s ‘waiting’ for her land to sell before she could pay you back. Your discovery that she did, in fact, have money to pay you but didn’t was the tip off for me. I would indeed take away her TV priveleges, just as I would for a child. Unplugging it and hiding the cord (maybe loan the cord to family). She is way too comfortable at your home.

I am so glad you’re maintaining your family relationships.

BTW – I think you’d said that you’ve been friends with G for 18 years? A true friendship works both ways, not just one way with one friend doing all the taking and the other doing all the giving. She doesn’t sound like much of a friend to me. She can burn you out, and I’ve a feeling that is not God’s will for you. My prayers for you in this situation continue…..

• Thank you Alleycats.

28. Eric Cassel says:

I pray that all goes smoothly and for the USA

29. justfactsplz says:

I am deeply saddened to hear of Karen’s husband’s passing. She has been a kindred spirit to me on the threads here at CTH. I pray that God will hold her in his everlasting arms and comfort her grieving heart. I pray for strength for Karen in the coming days to get through what she must. I pray for loving kind souls to be near her in this most difficult times. I ask these things in Jesus mighty name, Amen.

30. God bless you Karen…I just read, thx to WSBs repost on open thread this a.m. of the passing of your husband Friday night. I am deeply sorry for your loss💖.

May God’s grace and love comfort you and sustain you. May the love of your Treeper family lift you up when you need us. My prayers are lifted to the Mighty on High. Love and God bless

31. gettherejustassoon says:

If over come by pain, or fear, or grief and words fail, the tears you shed are your prayer.

32. Dear Karen,
    I am deeply sorry to hear about your husband’s passing.

Be Still My Soul
    This song sustained me during a horrendous time in the mid 90’s. A friend put the song in calligraphy for me, which I then had framed. It hangs in my living room to this day reminding me of God’s help when and where we need it. I hope the words provide you with great comfort as your husband basks in his glory! Love and prayers to you.

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
    Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
    Leave to thy God to order and provide;
    In every change, He faithful will remain.
    Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heav’nly Friend
    Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
    To guide the future, as He has the past.
    Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
    All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
    Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
    His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: when dearest friends depart,
    And all is darkened in the vale of tears,
    Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart,
    Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears.
    Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay
    From His own fullness all He takes away.

Be still, my soul: the hour is hast’ning on
    When we shall be forever with the Lord.
    When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
    Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
    Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past
    All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

33. For Karen if you are on this thread. We love you, press into Him. Many blessings and prayers are being sent your way

34. justfactsplz says:

Checking in. Prayers and much love continue for Karen.

35. gettherejustassoon says:

While attention is focused on the President-Elect and Vice President-Elect, President Obama, and their families, let’s remember in prayer all those who, for the most part, are behind the scenes. These are persons carrying the many and very detailed plans of the transfer of the authority of the Office of President of the United States of America.

We pray for diligence in their work, for due honor for the work entrusted to them, and for their safety.

36. Plain Jane says:

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow. Prayers of thanksgiving are in order. 🙂

Up thread a bit, I asked for prayers for William and all who are on their deathbed. Well, I got a call today. William has asked for a priest, and wants to be brought fully into the faith. William is the father of a friend of my daughter. When I prayed, I asked God if he would please give a consoling sign to William’s family. I’d say asking for full comunion with the church is a sign. 🙂

When William gets to heaven, I imagine he will know your prayers and pray for us.
    Thank you all for your prayers.

I am also taking this scenario as a signal from God to pray for and also to beg for prayers for all who are near death, especially those who have no one to pray for them. I will try to remember the dying in my prayers daily, and am asking you awesome peeps to do same if you can.

37. Plain Jane says:

Am requesting prayers for a 16 year old girl who tried to commit suicide. Her uncle did such recently. Her mother is another friend of my daughter. Thank you all.

• WSB says:

Thank you for alerting us, Jane. I will definitely pray for her and the family. Do you know if she can or is receiving any counseling?

• Plain Jane says:

Unfortunately she has been admitted to a psych ward in a hospital. At her age, I have some very negative vibes with that. Also, I have a few thoughts on what trigered her, but I do not know her, and hundreds of miles are between us. All I can do is pray for the family, and pray for my daughter that God will help her to lead that family to healing.

• justfactsplz says:

Father God, I pray for protection for this 16 year old girl. I pray that you would open her spiritual eyes and that she would see the Truth and come to you for salvation and that she will know the joy of that salvation. I come against the evil forces of satan that has tried to get her to take her own life in Jesus name. Wrap your loving and comforting arms around her. May this family seek help for these destructive thoughts. Amen.

• Ad rem says:

At 16 she is still such a child. Dear God…please grant this girl the depth of wisdom and clarity of thought to help carry her beyond her scant years. Let her then realize the joy that a life in the Lord can bring.

• Sha says:

I’ll be sending up prayers for this young lady right now.

38. gettherejustassoon says:

For all to know and believe the Lord’s never-ending love; Abide With [Them].

39. gettherejustassoon says:

Might we give thanks for the goodness of the Lord, praying together Psalm 103:

1 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
    and all that is within me,
    bless his holy name.

For the rest of the psalm: