Prayer Requests – Part 4

Please share any prayer requests you may have for friends or loved ones here….

112f6bda-5ab8-41d1-b135-e7e7b94f5b67_zps2cff1df8

Prayer Requests – Part 3

Prayer Requests – Part 2

Prayer Requests – Part 1

About Ad rem

Millions of little gray cells wrapped in fur.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

840 Responses to Prayer Requests – Part 4

1. Sha says:

I know you guys always hear me say God is good, but let me tell you how GREAT he is. We have a older camper a pretty big one that I was fixing up to sell so I could buy my son some school clothes this year , Well long story short about the time I was getting finished with it my neighbor’s house burned down and they ask us could they use it to live in until they can get them another place. My husband and my self of course said yes well knowing we where back to the problem of now losing our back up plan for school clothes and other things but both felt in our hearts we did the right thing. My neighbor tried to pay us for living there and of course we refused and told them to just take care of it they said there insurance covers a place to stay and they where going to put us in for it weather we liked it or not, Well there insurance company calls my husband and says that there policy covers a place to live and they can’t give the money to the home owners but will be sending us a check for 750.00 a month for every month they stay there. I almost past out with shock ! That much money just for letting someone use your camper…………. God is great !!!!!

• hoosiergranny says:

What great news! God is good.

• Pam says:

Whooohoooo! And you deserve it. That is great.

• justfactsplz says:

Sha that is wonderful news. I am so happy for you. God is good and great. This couldn’t have happened at a better time for you but I am sorry for your neighbor losing their home. Prayers for them also.

• Sha says:

I just had to tell you guys……. I like to share good news to ! 🙂

• justfactsplz says:

Good news encourages us all.

• Sha says:

My neighbors had great insurance so they will be paid well for there home. I just hate they lost things that money can’t buy such as baby pictures . We offered to let them stay with us but they didn’t want to. I had to work on them for years to get some smiles out of them and a few words……. We broke the ice a couple of years back when she took some pictures of me on the porch with purple PJ’s with frogs on them with her phone, she laughed at me every time she saw me for a little while then started to wave a lot (all I could think was I hope that don’t end up on face book eeeeek lol !) . 🙂

2. hoosiergranny says:

Hoosierpapa is now home. He’s getting around pretty well and only has a little surgical pain. He will be seen by the Urologist in 6 weeks. If everything is good, we can schedule the back surgery. I’m feeling much less stressed. Thank you for the kind words and prayers. You all are the BEST!

3. justfactsplz says:

I am still praying for LoveMyGirl. I believe his biopsy was today. I pray it went well and he can move on to his surgery.

• Ad rem says:

Yes….thanks for having an excellent memory JPL! 😀

“Next Wednesday is the biopsy stuff and then I meet with them the following Wed on 7/30 for a combined post-op (biopsy) and pre-op for the main surgery.”

• Sha says:

I have had the 31st on my mind……….. Thanks for reminding me. 🙂

• lovemygirl says:

Dang, you really are thinking about me. 🙂 yes, I had my “throat slicing” and “lung peeking” yesterday. I was pretty groggy yesterday add even a bit today. It hurt a bit, OK a lot more than I thought it would afterwards, I can’t lift anything over 10 lbs or drive for a bit. Just got my wife to mow the lawn but I convinced her the trimmer weighed less than 10 so I got to do that. The big day is on the 31st. My wife and parents are going to stay at a different hotel than we originally booked since they made things difficult Tuesday nite and I wound up having them just bring my car back and drove home to sleep and got up at 4 to come back. I didn’t want to get ornery my last few days of freedom for awhile but then again, why give idiots my money. The Hotel (Hyatt) was apologetic the next day but that’s too late. My family was going to book 3 rooms for a week but some other hotel will be getting our business instead.
      The hospital is big & beautiful and I will have a gorgeous view of downtown and the lake while I recover and you even get that view while being wheeled from prep to surgery. I’ll try and figure out how to post pics off my wife’s i-pad. The nurses, doctors and staff were very nice and accommodating with humor thrown in. I couldn’t be outdone so I had one doctor (anesthesiologist) just cracking up while I teased my loving wife. She’s a good sport and played along. Everything was state of the art and comforting but I still had a bit of that assembly line feel since they treat so many at the same time. They even had our initials, secret number, time & status of our surgeries on a board that looked like the flight status at the airport for anyone there waiting.
      Well I’ve been trying to keep happy thoughts in my head and here is a song I ran across after years of not hearing it.
      Oh Happy Day

4. justfactsplz says:

It sounds like you are in excellent hands. It doesn’t take much to weigh more than ten pounds so be careful. It bothers Gary, my husband, that he still can’t mow the yard even though he is now lifting twenty pounds at physical therapy. When he was in the special hospital they had a similar board with patient information posted at the small nurses’ station. I soon learned the goals and treatments that were posted in abbreviation. I will keep praying. There is no doubt in my mind that Treepers’ prayers helped me stay strong and Gary to recover from a deadly illness. God heard their prayers. Stay positive as your sense of humor may be temporarily impaired, lol.

• Pam says:

Haha re sense of humor. I think I’m a chicken, so my courage is usually the first to go, but sense of humor disappears pretty fast! 🙂

• justfactsplz says:

You’ve been through a lot and that is understable. I don’t have a sense of humor during those times. Any courage I muster up is not of me, but of the Lord’s.

5. stella says:

Just heard from my cousin Susie, about her mom, Lottie:

My Mom is in hospice care at home since late Weds. It was a rough day today. She stayed in bed all day, although she dressed in mid morning expecting to get up. The visiting nurse said she’ll be up and down now. Thank you all for your many thoughts and prayers!

6. stella says:

Latest, sad, news about my cousin Lottie, from her daughter:

Dear Aunties and Cousins. Sad news from CA. My Mom is in heaven. 6:18 PDT. Thank you for your many thoughts and prayers. Love from Susie

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good thoughts.

• texan59 says:

😦

• Sharon says:

Sympathy to you and the family, stella. (((hugz)))

• Pam says:

Prayers for Susie, as she handles all the necessary issues, and for all of you, Stella

• Sha says:

:crying: My heart hurts for her children………

• hoosiergranny says:

So sorry for your loss or as my Irish relatives would say, so sorry for your troubles. It is so difficult to face when your older family gets smaller and smaller. We still miss our grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles who have proceeded us. Love that they are waiting to welcome us to our eternal home. Prayers for your family comfort from your Tree House family.

• justfactsplz says:

My deepest sympathy, Stella. Prayers for you, Susie, and the rest of the family. May you feel God’s comfort in your time of grief.

• Menagerie says:

I am so sorry to just now be expressing my condolences. Please know my prayers are with your family.

• ZurichMike says:

Oh, dear, stella, I am so sorry to hear this. Just getting back to the threads after a hectic travel schedule. Sorry I hit the “like” button by mistake.

7. Cetera says:

I’ve been reading the Tree House for a long time now, and I’ve just now discovered this.

I’ll add prayers for everyone on this list.

Will each of you please pray for my wife? She’s having a number of issues, none of which seem to be life-threatening in any way, but that none-the-less have placed a tremendous burden and wear on her, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I’ll fill in some details later, when I have more time.

My humblest thanks, in advance.

• Pam says:

Sure thing, Cetera. Check out the Chapel, too, if you haven’t seen it yet. (Scroll down on right side)

Asking God to give your wife, and you, comfort and strength.

• Sha says:

I will say a prayer for her and for you. For her because i know how life can wear you down and for you because it’s hard to see someone you love wore down. 🙂

• hoosiergranny says:

May God bless you and your wife. Sometimes, life just gets you down. It is hard to break out and begin enjoying life again – especially with the news focusing on everything that is negative. Your love and support are invaluable. Let her know there is a whole support system out here as we all support one another.

• justfactsplz says:

Prayers going up for your wife Cetera. I will pray this tremendous burden be lifted and that she will have the peace that God is in control.

• lovemygirl says:

I hope the spirit of everyone here helps her. I’ll say a prayer tonight for every Treeper and their families.

• Sharon says:

The long range wear and tear can be exhausting and lonely business. Blessings to both of you. Keep loving each other on purpose…I know you do. Just want to encourage you that it strengthens us in the valleys when we know we are loved.

• justfactsplz says:

Sharon I have been in those valleys with Gary’s illness and what you say about being loved is so true. He still faces many challenges with his recovery and love and prayers are seeing us both through. The precious times you spent with your DH during his last few months is a testament to the love you and he shared for one another. You shared and created new memories.

8. lovemygirl says:

Tomorrow is a long busy day but I think I may get online to post a bit before the surgery on Thursday. In case I don’t get the chance I want to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts. Tomorrow is labs, final CT scan, meeting with the surgeon, anesthesiologist and then some time with my parents who are staying at the new hotel we chose after the last one forgot their common sense. I think I like the new one better anyways, Overlooks Lake Shore Drive and of course the Lake. My dad actually stayed there a long time ago so it’s been in business for a very long time. They haven’t given me an exact time Thursday but hinted it would be mid to late morning. I believe I will get there at about 8:30 AM. I have no idea how long a surgery yet but it is probably hours. My daughter looked up replacement ribs and found some made of Gore-Tex. I laughed and told her I’d have a ski jacket inside of me. A nurse friend mentioned cadavers which for some reason creeped me out. I won’t know until tomorrow. Again, Thanks for your thoughts and if I don’t get online tomorrow I’ll see you in a few, maybe a week or so. God bless every one of you.

• Ad rem says:

LMG…..
      I have to admit that I’m more than a tad nervous to read that tomorrow and Thursday are finally upon you. Last week, when you last wrote, it still seemed ages away. I find it reassuring, however, to hear you speak of it in with such composure and matter-of-factness. That tells me that it’s all been planned out well, and you’re going into this with a complete surety of purpose…..a calmness knowing you’ll be under God’s watchful eye. Our prayers go with you……….

PS…I’d choose the Gore-Tex too.

• justfactsplz says:

Love My Girl, I will be praying. I know God will guide the surgeon’s hands. Don’t be creeped out by the thought of cadaver bones. Gary had cadaver bones used to fuse his neck after he broke it back in 2000. It’s all good, my friend. Please try and get some rest tomorrow so your body will be strong for Thursday. I will be counting the days until you are back in your branch. Hugs to you and family. I pray for peace and calm for all of you.

• Sha says:

LMG: You got this ! No in your heart that you have friends that may not be there in person but will be there in spirit, we will send up lot’s of heart felt prayers .I will check back in on you later until then lots of hugs are being sent your way. God Bless !

• hoosiergranny says:

Dear God bring healing & support to LMG and his entire family, mind, body & spirit. Will be praying for you each day until you can return to let us know everything went well.

And don’t be brave about any pain afterwards. You’ll heal more quickly if the pain is controlled because you’ll move and breathe more easily. (Once a Respiratory Care Practitioner, always a Respiratory Care Practitioner.)

• ctdar says:

Prayers for you tomorrow LMG and a speedy recovery. GT or cadaver, the heart of a patriot will always be protected by them..

• Sharon says:

We love you, lovemygirl. Until we hear from you again, know that we are loving you, praying for you, and waiting to hear from you.

Deuteronomy 33:27

The eternal God is your refuge
      and underneath are the everlasting arms.

Always.

Psalm 139:14-17

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
      my frame was not hidden from You when I was made in secret…
      Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book the days fashioned for me were all written when as yet there were none of them…
      How precious are your thoughts toward me, O God!

He sees You. He knows You. So tuck in and stick close. He knows.

We love you. Blessings on your good family as well. Tomorrow will not be an easy day for them either and we will be praying for their peace as well as they love each other and wait to hug you (gently).

• Pam says:

Everyone has already said such lovely prayers….I second them. All of us who have had serious surgeries know how you feel. Just remember that many people will be lifting you in their hearts to God, now and all through your surgery, and beyond…until we hear from you.

• WeeWeed says:

Prayers, LMG – and like said by everyone else – stay AHEAD of the pain, even if you don’t think you need a pill – take it!! Godspeed – we’ll look forward to hearing from you soon.

9. justfactsplz says:

Still praying LMG. Like Sharon and Hoosiergranny said, stay ahead of the pain and you will heal faster. May the peace of the Holy Spirit rest on you and your family today,

10. lovemygirl says:

Funny thing with all of you mentioning pain management. I got the pain message from the surgeon today. He said if the Anesthesiologists recommend an epidural, take it (they did and I will). I also tried to pin him down on how much pain I’ll feel doing the breathing and coughing exercises and he concurred with the word intense when I mentioned it. I’m not quite sure if I heard correctly when he said I’ll be on pain meds for about 6 months or not but I definitely got the overall message. It’s going to hurt and the more I work at the breathing exercises the better I’ll be. I plan to ask for plenty of pain killers and promise to work through any remaining pain to get my lungs better.

On the rib replacement – think Piggies. He won’t know whether he’ll use Gore-Tex or something derived from pig skin until tomorrow and I won’t know until I wake up. He said the piggy thing is more costly but reduces the risk of infection. BBQ baby back ribs would be an appropriate replacement for me since I love cooking/eating them so much.

I’ll get there at 8:30 and the surgery should start at 10-10:30 or so. It will be between 3-5 hours with 4 being likely. I’ll spend a day or two in ICU and then to a room. I get to go home when they pull the drainage tubes from my chest. I didn’t know I needed drain pipes but it fits with what my wife always says I’m full of. Hopefully just shy of a week and I’ll be back home.

Today’s fun with my wife began when I received the contrast for the CT through the IV. What a strange feeling it is having it warm you as it flows through your veins/arteries for anyone that hasn’t had it. You also get a strange sensation like tasting something metallic but it goes away quickly. Upon returning I told my wife they injected radioactive stuff in me and parts of me were starting to glow. It only went downhill from there as far as maturity goes but kept us chuckling throughout the day when one or the other would throw something out there. Oh and the nurses can be quite rude and crude too. Dark humor sometimes works to break any scary thoughts.

Got to see the hotel and my folks got checked in early to avoid traffic tomorrow. Everything is almost all set for the morning. Just gotta’ fight rush hour to drop off the car at the hotel and catch a cab. Were skipping the shuttle since the timeline doesn’t quite match for tomorrow but the cab stand is right there in front of the hotel.

I’m going to miss all of you and I’ll be getting online as soon as I’m able to comfortably do so. Thanks for everything! Still plenty of unknowns and trepidation but I’m sure I’ll get through this and dance at my daughter’s wedding. Love to all of you too.

• Ad rem says:

Yes….you WILL be dancin’ at your daughter’s wedding, and you’ll have the time of your life too. Oh, and believe you me, you better be ready to cough up some serious $$$ too…..take it from one who’s recently been there. LOL….so there’s that to look forward to as well. We’re all going to miss you terribly, so behave yourself and do 99% of the stuff they tell you to do. Much love and prayers coming your way……  photo blowkiss_zps548c70ee.gif

• Much love and many, many prayers for you LMG. God does see you and He knows everything you are feeling. I’ll pray for your strength and for the surgeons hands and knowledge. I will be checking everyday for your update!

• justfactsplz says:

You are going to get through this. Your girls need you. The CT scan dye is just like you explained it, a warm weird feeling with a metal taste. I have heard the coughing is less painful if you hold a pillow against your chest. I personally haven’t tried it. Take the pain meds as scheduled as often as it says. It’s a lot harder getting a handle on severe pain once it starts. Well, Little Piggy, I’m a praying and will be waiting to hear it all went well.

• stella says:

Loving you, and thinking of you as you prepare for the big day. You will get through this with the support of family and friends. Praying for you too! Look forward to that dance at your daughter’s wedding; it is a goal, and will be an amazing day for you and for her.

• sundance says:

We will be right here waiting to see you soon.

Prayers for you and for your family for both a speedy recovery and comforting strength.

11. Sha says:

LMG- I will have you and your family on my mind all day today. I hope you and your family feel our presence there with you …….I will look forward to all your good news. Don’t for get you are a WOLVERINE !!!!! and we stick togeather.

12. Pam says:

just woke up thinking about lmg….looks like i wasn’t the only one. Good morning, friends. Praying with you.

13. Sharon says:

Good morning, all – yes. Our hearts are there, aren’t they?

Father in heaven, we are a needy people and today we are acutely aware of our friend LMG’s needs.

Please extend your mercy and strength to him during these hours through the hands of his physicians, the love of his family, and Your own presence.

We ask that you strengthen the surgeons and nursing staff and grant them wisdom.

We pray that all who care for him in the days ahead will choose to love him, sense his needs, spoken or not, and be alert to his medical condition.

Thank you, Father.

Amen.

14. sundance says:

Amen. checking in and hoping/praying everything is going ok for LMG.

• hoosiergranny says:

Amen.

• Spar Harmon says:

Love My Girl has endeared himself to us, Lord. We would deeply miss his story-thread, now so woven with ours. We pray his story might continue to be part of our story = a friend we have come to love and treasure. In you all things work together for good. May your will be done as we join in prayer for our beloved brother and his family. I put my Faith, my Hope and my Love on this altar and rest in Thy Peace. Amen

15. justfactsplz says:

Sorry I’m late. I’ve been gone all day and most of the evening. I fell asleep praying for LMG last night and have prayed for him throughout the day. This was a very difficult surgery and he will be in ICU a couple of days. I’ll keep praying until we hear from him. You guys are so special. Your prayers meant so much to me and Gary throughout his long illness. God bless all of you. Wolverines praying, it’s a beautiful sight.

16. Sha says:

LMG- We are missing you….. and I will keep checking back until we hear from you.

17. lovemygirl says:

Survived. Surgery went well. A nurse helped me get this connected (their own network). Still in ICU. Only real problem is continued blood drainage that could collapse lung.

• stella says:

LMG, OMG! Thank the Lord all went well. Will keep praying for your continued improvement.

I must say, you are the most devoted Treeper. I don’t think we have ever had someone sign in from the ICU before.

Love and Hugs!!!

• lovemygirl says:

I had the nurses move my chair so I could see the fireworks at Navy Pier.i

• stella says:

That’s quite a show. My older grandson was born on July 3 at Northwestern Hospital, which isn’t far from Navy Pier. We had a great 10th floor view of the fireworks. Like Sharon said, don’t overdo it, and listen to the doctors and nurses.

• Sharon says:

There you are!!! Oh, we are loving you and praying for you. You behave yourself and do what you’re supposed to – thank you for peeping in.

• sundance says:

Thanks for sneaking out the message. We’re all cheering for ya’. Listen to the docterin’ people and don’t push too hard. Lots of people praying right here with us.

Easy does it. Let everyone pamper over you.

• lovemygirl says:

Gotcha’ running on a 50 inch or so TV. Found out that something was suspicious about the name of your site on U of Chicago’s own site.I can’t believe a developer would be that petty to add a word like Conservative or what ever to the list of suspicious words Well gotta’ rest up (my butt from the chair) and some pretty severe pain when I move / cough but want to let you know things went well.

• justfactsplz says:

Praise God! I can hardly believe we are hearing from you so soon after the surgery. I have tears of joy in my eyes and heartfelt thanks to God for what he is doing for you. Please don’t strain or overtire yourself. Remember rest, pain control, and follow the doctor’s and nurse’s instructions. Just don’t push yourself too soon. The next time we hear from you I expect you will be reunited with your loving family. Dust off the old dancing shoes, you have a future wedding and father daughter dance to perform. My prayers for you continue. Hugs and tell your wife she has also been in our prayers. God is awesome.

• Pam says:

This is fabulous news. Take advantage of the pain meds while they offer them. The kind of pain you are enduring is a terrible stress on the body. The brain is smart enough to know to direct the pain meds to the pain area instead of letting it sit around and mess too much with the mind. Mostly, it’s using the stuff when you don’t have serious pain that causes problems.

• ytz4mee says:

So good to hear from you …. and know that the surgery went well. Prayers for your continued healing. Rest, and allow your body to heal and recover. ((( )))

• Ad rem says:

Whoopee…..oh joy…. Treeper merriment abounds! I hope the ICU nurses don’t mind if I send in the dancing bananas….it only seems appropriate. 😀 (Besides, they’re loaded with Vitamin C, don’t wilt like flowers, and leave no discernible carbon footprint.)
       photo banana097_zps06bf36f3.gif  photo banana097_zps06bf36f3.gif  photo banana097_zps06bf36f3.gif  photo banana097_zps06bf36f3.gif  photo banana097_zps06bf36f3.gif  photo banana097_zps06bf36f3.gif  photo banana097_zps06bf36f3.gif
      Get plenty of rest, do what they tell you….and hopefully sooner rather than later, you’ll be back with the family eating that plateful of ribs you’ve been yearning for.

• Sha says:

God is good !!!! Your a fighter mister ! Lot’s of soft ((hugs)) sent your way. I am sooooooo happy to hear from you. I will be praying for your pain level to be low and a speedy recovery. I told you, you had this. 🙂

• ZurichMike says:

WOW! Been following all the messages about the “big event” — adding my prayers. Hang in there!

18. Pam says:

Hi, my friends. Thought I’d let you know how things are going, and asking for prayer also.
    I was feeling much better in May, grateful for improvement and returning energy/lower pain levels. I’ve been seeing a Christian chiropractor who is also into integrative medicine, a wonderful man. He worked on trigger points in obscure areas of my body, and I was being helped. Then they decided I should start physical therapy, and they put me on those gym machines with the weight resistance. It was supposed to be the rock bottom lightest session, and it wasn’t much at all. But it sure backfired on me. At the same time, my cardio dr increased the statin drug they have been nagging me to take for years. About 7 months ago, I started taking 5 mg of Crestor ONE day a week. This is a protocol for fibro people like me, and others who are sensitive to statins. The doctor increased me to 10 mg once/week in mid-May. So, I did the pt and increased the drug around the same time. The result was 9 weeks of a horrendous flare, along with daily nausea and insomnia. After 2 months in bed, I was praying at 3:30 in the morning and telling God I just felt like I had been poisoned. A little bell went off in my head: “poisoned” is what it felt like when I had tried statins 4 years ago and only lasted a week. I immediately stopped my one pill a week and am very slowly getting better. Thank the Lord.

In the middle of all this, we have finally begun the big push to finish repairs and touch-up on our house so we can put it on the market. The metro stop is completed and the subway started operating 2 weeks ago. The norm is that houses near the metro stop start selling and prices go up. A metro stop is a very valuable thing in the DC area. I know the realtor who sold us this house. She lives around the lake from me and has been here 30 years. She says no one can figure it out, but so far nothing is happening in real estate in the area. My husband can’t put in notification for retirement until we get a contract on the house. I have been told by my doctor that I basically can’t do anything physical, so I spend my time with the finances and phone calls necessary to move things along. Living here has frustrated me beyond all measure. I am at the point of desperation to get out.

The good news is that my stepson, who lives in Atlanta, has a lake house in northern GA and has offered it to us as a place to stay while we are searching for a new home. If we can get this house sold, we have a place to go and regroup. It would be a beautiful area to settle in. Cold winters are a huge problem to me here. If we can get there before the end of the year, I will be able to test the winter there and see if I can take it.

I just need all kinds of prayer! God bless all.

• Spar Harmon says:

You are my sister and ever a part of my prayers. The Holy Spirit is given as a companion of the saved. Take your rest with the in-dwelling Spirit, beloved. Lie down in lush pasture, beside the still water, and let your Soul be restored by the Great Shepherd, who Loves you. In brotherly Love, I pray you feel God’s Presence palpable in the Now where you are, both you and your DH. May the strength and assurance of The Father’s Love fill you with lasting peace.

• Sha says:

I pray your body becomes healed , you have been through so much and yet ,you are still standing. Where do you get all that strength from ? Must be God……. 🙂

• justfactsplz says:

Pam, I have been wondering how you’ve been doing. I know how debilitating the pain of fibro can be. It really puts you out of order. I too have had a flare up this past month and cannot sleep well at night because of the pain. I did not know about the statins. I am not on them. I will pray for the pain to ease and that you will be rested and refreshed. You should move to Florida out of the cold. I will also pray God will bring a buyer for your home. He has done that for me before. The stress of D.C. would make me bonkers. You really are such a strong person and have great faith. Hugs.

• hoosiergranny says:

Pam. Fibro is such an horrible beast. It is so difficult to look perfectly normal and be so sick. Prayers that you begin to heal and get your life back.

This may sound crazy but if you can find a small statue of St. Joseph, bury it in your front yard upside down. It is supposed to help you sell your house and has worked for many of my friends and family. This is a Catholic thing so I hope I don’t offend.

Know you have one of the most fantastic support groups ever here in the tree house. Hugs & Healing!

• Ad rem says:

I can vouch for the burying of a St. Joseph statue. Our good friends had their house for sale for three months and no luck. Someone told her to bury the St. Joseph stature upside-down in the front yard planter…. they got an excellent offer for their house that very week. 😉

• Pam says:

I’m a Catholic too. After a long and winding road, I crossed the Tiber 5 years ago. Thanks for your kind post.

19. Sharon says:

I have no idea how this happened, but LMG checked in early this morning with a really important update….and it landed on the first/oldest prayer thread – which means that later in the day those posts slip off the front page list and anyone just coming to check on the prayer thread (current) wouldn’t know that he had left an update. So I just copied and am pasting this morning’s initial comment from LMG and Treepers’ responses here so folks checking in won’t miss this important information. (Love you, LMG….hope you have a good night tonight)

lovemygirl says:
    August 6, 2014 at 12:52 am

I almost didn’t make it through last night. I’s hard to imagine how fragile we become with a major surgery. My brush dealt with an elevated bp/hr and who knew a blocked catheter could do that. I owe my life to a nurse named Sarah.I’m moving to a non ICU floor tonight and have rehab picked out near home so still looking good. I’ll give my opinion about the new self congratulatory generation who took my pain killing tool away because I was feeling no pain and sent my body into shock.. lve you guys and God bless.

Ad rem says:
    August 6, 2014 at 1:08 am

Apologies for your comment being held up by the Spammer-bots. 😦 (Was it the same bots who messed with your catheter?) I hoped you hooted and hollered (or had a loved one who did) with force and got your paid meds renewed. Gentle hugs and prayers continuing to come your way…..as always.

justfactsplz says:
    August 6, 2014 at 1:32 am

I had an uneasy feeling I could not shake. Days after a major surgery complications or setbacks can occur. I’m glad you made it through last night. Be firm in getting your pain meds and you will be able to heal more quickly. Continued prayers are being offered up for you and your family.

lovemygirl says:
    August 6, 2014 at 1:46 am

Ive you guys was meant I Love you guys. I’ll be moving any minute so I have to wait and see about internet access.If all goes well I’ll be in an intensive rehab unit by next week. It’s near home. Still not home but heading there one baby step at a time.

Ad rem says:
    August 6, 2014 at 1:49 am

Yep……one.step.at.a.time. But all is good ’cause you’re headed in the right direction. photo blowkiss_zps548c70ee.gif

20. Sha says:

God bless nurse Sarah. We love you to LMG. Please take it easy and check in when you can . Lots of prayers are being sent up for you. 🙂

21. hoosiergranny says:

So sorry you had to go through all that last night, LMG. Bless nurse Sarah. Having worked with hundreds of post-op cardio-pulmonary patients, it does take time. Pace yourself and be very kind to yourself. It’s hard to do but give your family the gift of letting them take care of you. Will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. {hugs}

• justfactsplz says:

I would love to hear an update on your husband’s recovery and his other upcoming surgery. Thanks. Prayers and hugs.

• hoosiergranny says:

Thanks for asking, JFP. Hoosierpapa is recovering well from the prostate surgery. The path report was normal so that was a relief. So far he is infection free and his back pain is even a little better. The biggest problem is keeping him from overdoing. He needs to regain his strength for the next round.

He has an appointment with the back surgeon in about 3 weeks to discuss and schedule the back surgery. I must admit, I’m dreading this surgery because it will be so devastating if it doesn’t help his pain. Plus he’s a diabetic, asthmatic and a smoker. All of these will impact his ability to heal post-op.

Unfortunately, his best friend of 40+ years, the Rev, has retired and is moving to Arizona next week. They’re like a couple of very young kids knowing that their best friend is moving at the end of the school year. I swear they spend half their time on the phone trying to figure out how to stay in touch. Hopefully, it won’t depress either one of them too much.

I believe that God lead us here and will provide. I’ll keep you all updated because I’m pretty sure we’re going to need a lot of prayers in a few weeks. Love everyone at the treehouse! So glad I found you all.

• Ad rem says:

Thanks for all the updating Granny. Maybe the goal of a successful surgery could be a trip to Arizona to visit the Rev? Tell him to keep on healing….and we’ll keep on praying.

• justfactsplz says:

I understand your concerns about the back surgery. When I had mine it gave me several years of relief. The pain returned and they said the levels above and below my fusion need to be done. I have been avoiding a second surgery for as long as I can. As far as the smoking goes, nicotine keeps the bones from fusing and healing. When my husband broke his neck and back and had surgery, he had to quit smoking cold turkey because of it. I will continue prayers for hoosierpapa.

• hoosiergranny says:

Thank you, JFP, for the continued prayers. He stopped smoking for several weeks prior to the first surgery. I was hoping he wouldn’t start again. But he started back again.

Back pain can be so life altering. Take care of yourself, too.

• ZurichMike says:

Hang in there!

• Sha says:

Thanks for the up date I was wondering how he was doing also. Tell him that if he stops smoking he can have a trip to see the rev because he will heal faster……. 🙂 These days it not as hard to stay in touch with your friends, tell him true friendship will always find a way.

• hoosiergranny says:

Sha, You’re so right. They’ve survived long distance times before. And that was without the cost savings of unlimited long distance! I’m sure they’ll do fine once they get over the initial shock. Our daughter says they’re like a little old married couple when they’re together.

We’ll be negotiating a stop date for smoking once he has a surgery date. After over 40 years of marriage, I’ve pretty much figured out just how far I can push and still keep the peace.

• Pam says:

E-cigarettes have been very helpful for long-time smokers who need to stop. They contain a small amount of nicotine in water vapor, so no fire or carcinogens. The nicotine amount can be reduced to almost nothing, and then they have some with no nicotine. It’s very difficult to stop smoking if you’re addicted. If he is interested, just be careful what kind you get. Most of them are nasty-tasting, but there are a few really good ones.

• stella says:

My personal experience is that it’s easier in the long run to just stop. Hard at first, though, but you have to be determined. Tell yourself that if you just wait a few minutes, the urge will pass. That’s the way I quit, 24 years ago, and I was a 2+ pack a day smoker.

• hoosiergranny says:

Thanks so much for the suggestion, Pam. Unfortunately, several of his friends have tried the e-cigarettes and convinced him It was a waste of money. (As though cigarettes aren’t.) He smoked off & on again for years. Then he started smoking again when his pain began getting so much worse.I try not to nag but just gently remind him that smoking makes the pain worse.

22. justfactsplz says:

I wanted to give a final update on Gary. He did get bit by another tick and had to have another round of the antibiotic as a precaution. Monday was his last day of physical therapy as it was the maximum that medicare pays for. He could use more. He is walking without a cane but can’t walk very far. The right side of his body seems the weakest. He is driving and riding a four wheeler around the neighborhood his kids got him. His heart took the biggest and most permanent hit of all of his organs. He tires and gets dizzy easily. He is somewhat depressed that he is not as strong as before the tick bite and can’t do the things he used to do. I am just so grateful he pulled through. It was truly a miracle. I enjoy every minute he is with me. He has very little memory of what he went through. He remembers me signing him in the E.R. and he remembers waking up the last week he was in the hospital. Our neighbor had a stroke last night. Her name is Alice and prayers would be appreciated. Gary went in to see her in I.C.U. and the nurses there remembered him even though he didn’t remember them. Again, thank you to all who prayed him through.

• I believe Gary’s recovery was indeed a miracle. I went back to the first post from you when he first got sick. I read thru them all again and was reminded to give thanks again, because God heard our pleas for Gary and He restored his health. There was a time when you posted the doctor’s concern that Gary would not make it through, but you stayed strong and prayed and asked others for prayer. To God be the glory!

• justfactsplz says:

I just kept holding on. I felt the Holy Spirit telling me he would make it and I took hold of that. Yes, to God be the glory! They told me it would be a long recovery and it’s only been two months. They said it could take six to nine. I’m believing he will continue to improve with time.

• Pam says:

jfp, it has been almost a year since my artery surgery, and I am just now starting to get back to the way I felt before I started going downhill. It took 6 months just to get over the surgery, and longer to feel some recovery from the actual damage done while I had the artery blockage. Gary had terrible trauma in the hospital, much worse than I experienced. I truly believe he will be amazed at the progress he will make as time goes by. I remember very well feeling that I was not going to get better. At 2 months after, I was still in awful shape. It just takes a lot more time than we would like.

• justfactsplz says:

Yes, I remind myself and him to be patient all of the time. My father took a long time to recovery from the artery surgery. He had it done in Houston back in the ninetys. From my experience all of my surgeries took longer to recover from because of the fibro also. Hang in there.

• hoosiergranny says:

Time seems to go so much more slowly for people when they are recovering from a long, severe illness. It can be so hard to sit back and watch everyone else keeping their normal level of activity and not be able to keep up. Your patience and love is the best medicine/ rehab there is for him now. He’s blessed to have you at his side. Prayers continuing for both of you.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you. It is easier to be patient now that the physical therapy three times a week and doctor’s appointments one or two more days have ended. I think we were both getting burnt out. We just want to rest in our recliners and be with our pets for awhile. Gary has made friends with two sand hill cranes and they eat out of his hands. The dogs hate them though. Simple things are some of God’s greatest gifts.

• Sha says:

I will say a prayer for Alice .I am reminded every time I think of Gary of how much God is in control .You scared the heck out of me a couple of times with your updates but then I remembered we are Wolverines and together we are strong. 🙂

23. ZurichMike says:

It is August 7, at 6:50 am my time before I shove off for work. Just wanted to send a collective prayer to everyone above. Keep the faith.

This prayer thread in awesome. Treepers get the job done. With a little (lot of) help from above!

24. Pam says:

And who took LMG’s pain meds away!!?? I’d like to smack ’em sideways.

25. Ad rem says:

Who wants to be FIRST to break in the new prayer thread? 😀 I can promise you the loading time will be a lot quicker.