Prayer Requests – Part 5

Please share any prayer requests you may have for friends or loved ones hereโ€ฆ.

AHumbleBumbleBibleVerses

Prayer Requests – Part 4

Prayer Requests – Part 3

Prayer Requests – Part 2

Prayer Requests – Part 1

About Ad rem

Millions of little gray cells wrapped in fur.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

671 Responses to Prayer Requests – Part 5

1. justfactsplz says:

Thank you for all of your prayers, Treepers. I am finally back home and good and awake. The test went well and the doctor is very certain that the tumor is benign even though he sent a biopsy off. That is such a relief. Now we are back to the drawing board to find the cause of my tummy troubles. The big city hospital had changed so much I did not recognize it. High rise additions everywhere. The doctor was from the Cleveland Clinic and very good. Every person on the hospital staff who came into contact with me asked the ebola screening questions. At patient registration they had a sign saying if you displayed any symptoms you would automatically be quarantined for 21 days. It’s good to see American hospitals taking this stance on this very serious problem.

2. Josh says:

Just dropping in to say a prayer for our great nation today (especially) and every day.

3. Commandingangel says:

Please God let this truth vindicate the innocent and slay my enemies.

I did love her. You know that. We both gave her a chance to change. She choose poorly. Please let the people know the abilities I have so I may help those You want saved.

4. Josh says:

Someone is covering for my coworker who is on vacation this week. The person covering gets frustrated EASILY and has no qualms about screaming out JC’s name. Yes, I said screaming. This person is someone who, if I tell them how much it bothers me to hear such things, will only do it that much more. Every day I’m close to tears. Using the Lord’s name in vain just breaks my heart. Thanks for giving me a place to vent.

• Ad rem says:

This person sounds like someone who is not only extremely emotionally immature but also one who gets a degree of pleasure out of seeing others made highly uncomfortable. I wouldn’t rise to the bait….instead, perhaps you could say a silent prayer for the strength to endure? I’ll say a prayer hoping that this coworker soon tires of their tantrums when they see they get no response from those around them.
      BTW….here’s hoping a department head or someone in a position to make waves gets wind of your predicament too.

• Pam says:

Right on. I’d report him.

• Josh says:

It took me a while to come back here because I was a little embarrassed about my post. I’m an extremely emotional person which has been embarrassing at times but I needed to post my thoughts and am happy that the CTH allows such things. Yes, I said prayers for strength as well as prayers for the other person. Of course, I got through it. If that is the worst of my problems then my life is blessed and yes, my life IS blessed. I thank you all for your comments. I love this place.

“BTWโ€ฆ.hereโ€™s hoping a department head or someone in a position to make waves gets wind of your predicament too.” And there’s the rub as they say.

BTW, the same person will be covering again next month ๐Ÿ™‚

• justfactsplz says:

That is terrible. Prayers for you concerning this. At least it is only a week. Try to block it out or answer when they say that “yes, praise his Holy name”.

• Pam says:

That’s good! If someone were really bold, they could say “Lord, forgive him.” I’m sitting here trying to figure out if I would be brave enough to say either…I hope I would.

• Sha says:

I hope the fill in person is gone by now and the regular co-worker is back. Some times the things we have to tolerate just to do our jobs are very stressful.

5. hoosiergranny says:

Time to check in regarding hoosierpapa’s surgery. He went for a three week post surgery visit late on Friday. The dr was pleased and impressed by the progress he has made. Papa will begin physical therapy next week. They want him to strengthen all the muscles that have weakened during his severe pain.

So, over the next 6 months, the dr expects him to improve. It will be slow and the biggest challenge is to increase his activities slowly. He no longer uses the walker at all. He is using the cane or a walking stick only when he is on uneven ground to keep from tripping. He can begin riding the lawn tractor and then the big tractor when he feels like it.

He’s having some issues with muscle spasms in his back but he’s been having them off & on for almost 30 years. Hopefully the PT the dr ordered will help deal with those.

Thank you all for your support and prayers during this time. Your support has made this journey so much easier. Blessings to all of you and your families.

• Pam says:

Just offering an idea. You may already be doing this. Since I have an illness which presents primarily with muscle and nerve pain, after years of trying various doctors’ suggestions, I discovered one thing that really helped: a very good chiropractor who also is fully educated regarding trigger points and knows how to deal with trigger points, as well as chiropractic adjustments. My husband and I see such a man. My husband has a shoulder muscle/tendon/ligament issue that was on the verge of possibly requiring surgery. Our chiropractor ordered MRIs, sat with us and went through the issues with the actual MRI pics pulled up on his computer, and said he was going to try to work to alleviate the problem so surgery would not be necessary. So far, it is working. He does the same with spinal issues. He has impressive research stats that show a large percentage of people do very well using chiropractic techniques to avoid surgery.

In no way am I trying to suggest hoosierpapa did not need surgery. He obviously did need it. Many folks who come to our chiro’s office have already had surgery. He helps them get their muscles and body parts functioning better. He uses physical therapy, but goes far beyond just that.

My rheumatologist and my PCP basically never touch my body. PT’s almost never touched my body. This man touches me, feels for the origin of the pain, and knows exactly where to go and what to do to try to bring relief. He has helped me immensely.

• Pam says:

To further clarify, I have been to chiro’s that I did not like, who did not really help me.
        God gave us a gift when we found our guy. Now I will know the difference when I have to find another chiro when/if we every get to move. Some of them aren’t very well educated. Our chiro will come right out and say if he sees you should go the surgical route.

• Josh says:

I have heard some very happy people speak of, and praise, their chiropractor. Some have said that their chiropractor all but saved their life. Regardless of the profession, yes you’ve got to find a good one.

• Sha says:

I’m glad to hear he is doing better. I will continue to pray for him and you . Good news always lifts my spirit . ๐Ÿ™‚

• justfactsplz says:

I am happy to hear that he is doing better. It is a slow process I know. God bless both of you and may he continue to heal.

• Josh says:

Slow and steady wins the race, hoosiergranny. I’m glad your husband is making such progress. That “He can begin riding the lawn tractor and then the big tractor when he feels like it” sounds like he’s coming along ๐Ÿ™‚

6. JustOne says:

Please send a prayer up for my son’s dear childhood friend. He was hit by a train last night (I know!) and has lost both of his feet. He’s a 25 yr old who has struggled to make a decent life for himself. Now this. Thank you for providing this area. God bless all of you.

• Sha says:

I will send up a prayer right now…….. Please let us know how he is doing.

• JustOne says:

Thank you so much, Sha! I went to see him today in ICU and he is…devastated and very weak. It’s going to be a long road for him. I pray that he can find a way to cope with this and go on to have a wonderful life.

• Pam says:

That is so sad. Sounds like, if he’s been struggling, that he may not have financial stability or insurance??

• Sha says:

JustOne keep him focused on all that he has ,not what he doesn’t have…….I know that can be very hard in this situation but he needs to believe in himself and he needs a strong support group either family or friends. Show him all those soldiers out there who are missing limbs and they don’t let it stop them from living and he shouldn’t either. He’s a young man who I pray will live a long and healthy life and find love and happiness in it .

7. Pam says:

Asking for prayers today for my husband. He and our son left a few minutes ago for a long drive on DC metro major roads from VA to Baltimore. He is going to Univ of MD Medical Center hospital to have a biopsy on muscle in left bicep. Several years ago, we took him to the Myasthenia Gravis Center there. His daughter was diagnosed with serious level of MG when she was 20. They believe he has MG, or some other even more rare muscle disease. However, every test has come back negative. This is not completely unheard of. He’s been on MG medication since his first visit, and it definitely makes a difference. But they have not yet formally diagnosed him

This biopsy is another attempt, and also looking for some other funky-named illness that has same symptoms. They’re taking a relatively large chunk of muscle, but the procedure itself only takes 5-10 minutes. However, he has to be put under general anesthesia. I can’t go with him because I have the flu, plus 8-10 hours of being out with him, driving and in this cold would flare my fibro anyway. I know it’s reasonable that I can’t go, but I feel really bad about not being with him.

The procedure is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. They had to leave really early so they wouldn’t get caught in rush-hour(s) traffic on the beltways, which starts about 6 a.m. and goes on until 10 a.m. I’m praying that he will get there so early that they might move his procedure up and get him done more quickly.

8. Pam says:

Thanks to all who prayed for my husband. His procedure went well. The time spent from leaving home to getting back home was long, about 10 hours. He was tired but in fairly good shape. We won’t know results until Dec 11.

Meanwhile, please pray for us because, as we are attempting to sell our house, all sorts of things are happening which are keeping us from actually being able to show our house. Starting early on Tamiflu helped me immensely, and kept it from getting too bad. However, as is often my experience, my weak, malfunctioning immune system left me with an infection, and now I have to be on antibiotics. So I got better, then I got worse. I’ve been turning down real estate agents already for 11 days.

At the same time, our furnace, which has never given us one bit of trouble, broke down last weekend as the cold weather came into our area. We still haven’t been able to fix it. Hopefully tomorrow. At the same time, a major plumbing line in the garage started leaking. It’ s minor, so far, but again, we haven’t gotten to it.

And the grossest, most horrifying thing of all, to me, happened last Saturday. My young adult daughter, who is living in squalor with a creep guy, brought about 8 loads of laundry to my house to wash. There was stuff all over my floor, clothes and bedding, etc. She came up to my room and crawled in the other side of the bed and took a nap. Three days later, she texted me and asked if I knew anything about bed bugs. She apparently had just discovered they have an infestation in the room they live in. There just aren’t words. We now have to deal with this in our whole house, because even if there were only a few, we can’t ignore it. I knew nothing at all about these nasty things. What we will have to do is absolutely unbelievable. I have no idea how we can handle this and show our house at the same time. We are in no shape physically and don’t have the time and resources to tear our house apart. I am stunned and depressed.

• justfactsplz says:

Pam, I am so sorry for everything you and your husband are going through. It sounds to me like you are under spiritual attack. I feel like God does want you guys to move to a safer and healthier environment. Do not give in to the depression. Satan would love nothing more. Prayers for you going heaven bound. Hang in there.

• Spar Harmon says:

From an experienced bed bug fighter:
      Don’t panic. The infection is just started so you still have the advantage, plus it is not automatic that she left any behind. Their breeding season is in the summer; any specimens will only be searching for coverts to hangout and will tend to be solitary for now. If you have not seen any specimens, you probably won’t until next summer; they move about only in the dark, from covert to covert. Their favorite coverts are in cloth, fabrics, rugs, mattresses.
      A ready and relatively non-toxic zapper is a spray bottle of 70% or 90% rubbing alcohol; cheap and effective with no toxic residues; it burns out their respiratory systems and breaks down the cell walls of any eggs.
      Heat kills them. Wash all bedding on HOT and dry on hot, twice over on the drying. Spray the seams of pillow covers and mattresses and suspect upholstered furniture and rug areas.
      Now relax. There may have been a few which found cover in baseboards and seams in the flooring, but even if some survive, mate, and lay eggs, you will probably not see any evidence of them until the second summer, you have to be substantially infested to start seeing them. Keep that spray bottle of rubbing alcohol handy and I bet by summer you will have not seen them for quite some time.
      Again, most likely you have little or nothing to worry about.
      I have you and yours in my prayer satchel, but, dear one, you know it is just time to lean hard on the Lord, He will bring you through the fire again, beloved. Count on it.

• Pam says:

My heart has been broken for the terrible choices my daughter has made. She and this person are living in one room in an apartment complex. It seems that the infestation has been spreading throughout the apartments. The room is carpeted, filthy, and mattresses, clothes and everything they own is laying around all over the floor. I know I sound like a freaked-out soccer mom type. I guess I am freaked out, though I wasn’t exactly a soccer mom. They are crawling on her skin! She can see them all over the place. I hate bugs. I’ve never seen a bed bug in my life.

We are researching. It says they get into everything…electronics, every crack or crevice, behind pictures on walls, inside electrical wall plates. Much less the bed, etc. We keep seeing you’re supposed to use this diatomaceous earth powder stuff. It has no insecticides. You have to put it everywhere, all over the floors, in every crevice, on furniture, mattresses. Then there’s the clothing and bedding and protecting the bed first.

Maybe I’m overreacting, but these things are apparently still breeding in her room, according to her.

Spar, I hadn’t seen the rubbing alcohol thing, but we will certainly try it.

If it takes that long to become an infestation, I will be leaving a legacy behind for the next home owners. That sort of makes me sick.

Thanks for your prayers, Spar.

• Pam says:

Maybe I should have said this part first, Spar.
        Your last paragraph? Saturated in the Holy Spirit. It went right through my heart.

• Sharon says:

Pam, your plate is more than full. It sounds like you are doing what you can and where you can – and that which you can’t do anything about right now will just have to wait. That comment of Jesus’ – “The day’s own trouble is sufficient for the day” comes to mind. Our Savior and Lord is a complete realist.

He never pats an overwhelmed child of His on the head and says, “There, there – it’s nothing.” He does not do that. The provisions made for our peace and our ability to endure clearly indicate that He takes full account of the hard things that come to us.

The Lord bless you and keep you today, Pam.

• Sha says:

Pam ………… I was depressed because I got a new girl in to work with me and our money came up short 100.00 (which I put back because I don’t come up short )after I didn’t count behind her and gave her the benefit of the doubt ( big mistake) then my heat went out and is still out. I broke down going to work two days in a roll in my car. I was on the side of the road in the dark and cold until almost 10:00 last night trying to get my car and me home ( no lights were I was). I got my son on the phone before it went dead thank goodness.( that was scary and creepy)” Note to me, put safety kit in car with flash light and new phone charger because the one I had didn’t work ” I just wanted you to know your not alone . Keep fighting ……I am until the good lord takes me home. ( Your always in my prayers) ๐Ÿ™‚

• Pam says:

Sha, I know. So many of us are having such difficulties. I’m glad you didn’t stay stuck on the road. I’m sorry about the short money thing. Sounds like maybe the other person did something wrong? It’s sad, but I have learned the hard way that my first instinct to trust people is something I have to be more careful about.

• Josh says:

“I have learned the hard way that my first instinct to trust people is something I have to be more careful about.” I’ve learned this very hard lesson as well. It goes against the grain. My instinct is to trust until I see that I can’t and yet the opposite is now my reality.

• Sha says:

I had a lady I trained a couple of weeks ago that was going to another store to work tell me Sha you think everyone in general are pretty good people but the lady I’m working with thinks everyone is awful and and only a few are good people it is so strange how different people look at life.

• Sha says:

At least my little hero came to the rescue, my baby boy. I was very up set about the money at first because I don’t have that kind of money to just give away but I said who ever got it want be blessed for stealing it so I let it go and now I just keep my guard up.

• Pam says:

Ok, everyone, my heartfelt, grateful thanks because I’m sitting here crying after reading your kind and loving words. I’m not much of a crying type, so there you go.

JFP, I learned from personal experience that there really is spiritual (of the demonic type) attack. Before my enlightenment experience 20 years ago, I was like most people, a person who raised an eyebrow at anyone who spoke of such things. Well, I have personal testimony to believe it now. Yes, we are and have been under attack, especially since we moved to one of the devil’s playgrounds 11 years ago. I can’t count the number of people who have fallen on our stairs. We have 3 sets of 6 steps apiece in our multi-split-level house. They are wide and well-spaced. I broke my ankle on the last stair going down to our main level. Others have severely bruised themselves. My daughter could have been killed when a 60-lb marble 3-dimensional wall hanging fell off the wall in the hallway as she was going downstairs. It missed her by less than a foot. It had been hanging there for years. It didn’t just fall on the floor…it basically hurled itself down the stairs. If I were to try and remember and write it all down, it would literally fill a small book.

When we moved here, the owners had been State Department people who had traveled all over. They were not Christians. They left behind heathen artifacts. When I found them, I had actual cold chills. We destroyed them. One of the bedrooms in our house had such awful vibes that I had a minister, then later a priest, come and bless our house. These are things I would have scoffed at years ago.

Ever since we made the final decision to get out, it has been unrelenting. In the last six months, I have literally had 3 or 4 days when nothing happened.

I’m not crawling under the covers and giving up. We just keep going, moving like snails but moving. I do get down and feel totally overwhelmed. Then I usually have a short pity party and get up again. I will say, honestly, that we’re feeling pretty crushed under the weight of it all, so your prayers are very appreciated.

9. justfactsplz says:

It’s me again, Lord. I need prayers and your loving presence. I spent yesterday and today in two different hospitals. Yesterday Gary had a freak accident yesterday and nearly cut off a big part of his ear. He was walking by one of the yard sheds and there was a loose piece of metal on the roof and it caught his ear. He lost a lot of blood and a tiny piece of the ear. The rest they had to glue because of the cartilage and not being able to stitch certain areas of the ear. It is very swollen and hurting him a lot.

Today we got a call that Gary’s daughter was once again rushed to the hospital with her heart. She is only 40 years old but has been working twelve hour days seven days a week wearing her down. Then the stress of testifying before the Federal Grand Jury in George’s case has been very hard on her. Frank Taafee or the mean FBI guy told the media their new address and phone number. They had moved back when the trial was going on. The media is hounding them to death because they won’t give them an interview. All of it is just too much on her. She will be having more heart tests tomorrow.

Also yesterday my niece’s young son tried to commit suicide. He has been suffering from severe depression. He is married and has three four small children.

Last but not least, I am still suffering a lot of pain with my stomach and my back. The back is affecting my daily life the pain is so bad.

Any prayers will be much appreciated as always.

• Sharon says:

A song for you just below, jfp. ((( hugz )))

• Sha says:

Prayers being sent your way…………….. I think a lot of us have had a rough week or two.

• justfactsplz says:

Thanks, Sha. How is your husband doing with his foot?

• Sha says:

It’s kicking his butt……… ๐Ÿ™‚ He is getting the doctor to cut his work time down he can’t do seven days it’s just way to much and he said he isn’t going to make it to much longer so we are fixing everything we can as fast as we can. I think we have learned the hard way to stash back in good times for the bad.

• justfactsplz says:

I think of you both often. You have had some tough times. I wish he didn’t have to work in all that pain. Good luck on your car troubles. I know when something breaks it is most difficult for us because we barely make ends meet let alone have money for repairs.

• Sha says:

It’s difficult for us also because every dime is gone almost before we get it to try to fix things we haven’t had the money to fix until now . One day at a time my friend that’s all any of us can do.

• justfactsplz says:

I don’t know how people who don’t know the Lord make it one day at a time. It must be awful. Are you still renting the camper out?

• Sha says:

no, they stayed in it for three months but we only got paid for two. We didn’t say anything because when we offered it to them it wasn’t for the money that was just a blessing that came at a really needed time. My car’s back up ! thank God. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Sha says:

I for got to ask you how you and Gary are doing. me…… me…. me…… sorry about being so self centered.

• justfactsplz says:

You are a very selfless person. It’s not me me me with you. The ear is not healing that good but is less painful. I am still battling terrible back pain.

• Sha says:

JFP- I am so sorry you are hurting I know it has to be very hard on you. I will pray that Gary’s ear and your back get a lot better.

• Pam says:

JFP, sister, again I am at a loss for words. I’m praying.

10. Sharon says:

This for both justfactsplz and Pam…and anyone else whose heart is sore with the burdens they are bearing right now.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you Sharon. I love the Gaither’s music. Many years ago we visited a small church they had in Orlando. This was before they rose to fame. My daughter is a big fan of Signature Sound and got to see them in person. I find Signature Sound to be very uplifting. They are my favorite quartet. They got their start with the Gaithers.

“Some through the water
      Some through the flood
      Some through the fire
      But all through the Blood”

Amen

11. Pam says:

Good news! And God bless my wonderful husband who got a degree in electrical engineering, even though he’s been a computer programming expert type all his working life.

He extensively researched the furnace issue and located what he believed was the problem, a control box which handles the process resulting in ignition. Local stores were sold out of the model we needed. So we went online and found the thing, but prices were all over the place. Found a site selling at a lower price. I called instead of ordering online, like I usually do. I was hoping to get a nice customer service person, and I did. She found one of them in one of their warehouses, put the order in and we paid through the nose to get it shipped overnight.

It arrived this morning. Within 45 minutes, my husband had it up and running. Now praying that this was the only problem with the furnace, and one major issue can be crossed off the list.

If the furnace had to go out, at least it happened while I was sick with the flu. I could tell the real estate agents who were calling that I was sick, instead of raising red flags all over the place because my house was freezing!

• justfactsplz says:

I am glad to hear you were able to get the furnace fixed relatively easy. I pray that the plumbing problem will also be an easy fix. Hope you are feeling better.

• Pam says:

After 3 days of antibiotics, I am starting to feel better. How are you and Gary today? His daughter? Niece’s son?

• justfactsplz says:

Gary’s pain is much better today. Another tiny bit of his ear came off with some glue. I only have maybe two hours out of twenty four that I can be on my feet. Eating is such a challenge. Gary’s daughter has been released from the hospital. All of her heart tests were normal. It is the stress she is under. She and her thirteen year old daughter suffer from PTSD from an incident in the Zimmerman case. Add all of the hours she is working it is just too much. I haven’t gotten an update on my niece’s son. They live a thousand miles from me. I know he had stopped taking his depression meds and you can’t do that.

• Pam says:

Talk about being under attack! I feel so bad for you and for Gary. I totally get the part about only being able to be on your feet for two hours a day. It’s a very, very difficult way to have to live. Have you possibly tried Ensure or Glucerna? I forget if I’ve asked you before. I lived on that for almost two years, with toast, cheese sandwich, chicken soup, and one or two other things added in. I went about a year on less than 1000 calories a day. Tried to take some vitamins when I could remember them. No one in my house can cook except me, and I stopped being able to cook 5 years ago. After my surgery, when my brain finished re-wiring what it could, all my blood tests, etc were normal. Hang in there.

That’s good news, at least, that his daughter’s heart tests were normal.

• Pam says:

Almost 24 hours and furnace is going strong! Thank you, Lord.

12. Josh says:

I hope it’s okay to post this:

Sharon …
    You have been in my thoughts a lot lately. I’ve realized why. It was around this time, one year ago, that you shared a heart-breaking, incredible journey with us. I hope you are doing well and will be spending the holidays with loved ones.

Ever since I can remember, Autumn has always been my favorite season even though it brings out the melancholy in me. I lost my Mother on a Thanksgiving a few years ago. I know from what I’ve posted in the past, it would be assumed that my Mom and I were close. Of me and my siblings, I was the least close to her. Doesn’t mean I don’t miss her. I have absolutely no doubt that she is with our Lord and Savior. THAT gives me great comfort beyond measure.

From what Sharon posted almost a year ago, I have no doubt that her husband is also in wonderful hands.

So, I love Autumn. It is a beautiful season. It will hold bitter-sweet memories. Always will I think of Mom and always will I think of Sharon & her husband.

Again, thanks for allowing me to post such things.

• Pam says:

Josh, this is such a kind post.
      For Sharon: I was sick last year when your husband passed, and I didn’t even know until much later. I still remember your graciousness and sensitivity when you let me know, after I had posted something about the two of you much later. Sharon, you are an inspiring person in many ways. It is a mystery sometimes, in this world, how in even a brief contact with another human being, something important and lasting may occur and long after you have forgotten, the other person you may have encountered briefly will remember and the encounter will have meaning for him or her.

You would never know unless I tell you, but thoughts of you cross my mind almost every day. It is obvious to me, and I’m sure to many others, that you are a true child of God.
      May God bless you and comfort you.

• Sha says:

When Sharon writes it touches your very soul. She shares part of her self in all that she writes. When a person has a gift such as that it is truly from God.

• Sharon says:

Thank you so much, Pam, for sharing your thoughts. Speaking to one another – in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs – and with the simplicity of words like this – yes. I’m blessed and refreshed. Thank you.

• Sharon says:

Your thoughtful note is precious to me, Josh…yes. It is just one year last week since we started that startling and relatively brief journey together. Now – the remembering, the content of each day, the changing scenery, some unexpected comforts, and the reality of going on alone – all seem to mix together in a way that is suitable and good.

This is still and always the song of my heart:

Thank you, Josh.

• Pam says:

I have always loved this song. I first heard it as a short bridge piece on a Maranatha or Integrity cd years ago. I tried to find it online, because the woman’s voice was so beautiful. I couldn’t, but I did find this version:

Double pleasure.

• Sharon says:

Thank you for that, Pam. There are some varieties of words, I’ve noticed, in different versions of that old hymn – sometimes – but I love them all. I sat at the keyboard and played through it last night. It’s only been in the last month or so that I find myself easily entering into singing through the day, either with a CD, at the keyboard, or just my voice alone. It was disconcerting to realize that I wasn’t singing. We had such wonderful singing at the funeral on March 17 and then my habit of daily singing went away. We sang this one at the funeral along with others. Thank you for adding to the richness here.

13. Generic Drifter says:

Please help me – I need prayer or prayers for myself. I don’t recall ever having to ask publicly for prayer – I’m usually the one praying for others. Not this time, no, I am in the needing-end and am having a really hard time praying for myself. I try, but my mind and thoughts can’t focus.
    Maybe I’m too proud to ask this family – they seem to not care. I honestly do not know. I’ll be as brief as I can with my reason for request.
    I’m older – considered a ‘senior citizen’. Have all different kinds of health problems, cancer included. I have a slow kind of cancer, at least that is what I am told. I looked it up and it is true, kind of. Still, I live each day feeling like I have to walk softly on a sheet of thin ice, because at any time, it can cave. It’s just fear every day – every time I think about it. So, I try not to.
    I feel like I am giving up and there are times I get scared of getting too weak that I might do something to ‘speed it up’. I know that is a HUGE sin and that is why I don’t deliberately do it.
    My family is all scattered, children don’t get along with one another (I didn’t raise them to be this way – opposite). My spouse of many years has always been a cheat, liar and thief – but I always hung on, in hopes that one day there would be change. The lies still come – the unfaithfulness comes in different ways now. Because of that – I have no love left inside of me anymore for my spouse. I feel so empty that sometimes I hear echoes. There just isn’t any real love left anymore, for anyone, and this only makes the physical pain worse – like pouring salt on a long, deep cut.
    I don’t want pity, no thank you. I need prayer for light to be shown in this darkness, hope to replace this despair, a REAL love to fill this void. I know the Lord hears, but it’s been too much for too long – I feel like I’m drifting away, like a helium-filled balloon when the string is released.
    Please, is anyone there reading my request, that has a prayer, or two, to spare?
    Thank you very much.
    Sincerely,
    Drifter

• stella says:

It’s the dark of the night, Drifter, but I see your comment, and I will pray for you now. I am sure that others will join me. You are not alone; do not despair. Psalm 34:17-18

17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
      he delivers them from all their troubles.
      18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
      and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

• justfactsplz says:

Generic Drifter, I will pray for you right now. Know that you are loved with a perfect love, the love of Jesus Christ. Do not give up on yourself. Be kind to yourself and take care of yourself. I will pray that the lonely darkness and pain you are feeling will be replaced with the warm comfort of God’s love and peace. You are part of God’s family if you believe in him and you have much value to him. You are loved.

• sundance says:

@Drifter, it’s 3:20am where I am – and it doesn’t matter what time it is – because I am praying for you right now, and I will again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next.

Father, Spirit, Son – He is both our lion and our lamb. He is the name above all names, and to Him YOU are the most precious thing in the entire universe. Your need is a gift to us to call upon Him… and we shall.

• Sharon says:

Oh, Drifter – we are here and listening.

I’ve been prayed for and loved and carried by dear ones from the Treehouse – that is a privilege they take seriously and exercise with gratitude in their own hearts for the care we’ve all received. So we come alongside you tonight – and tomorrow – and tomorrow night. None of us has any deep answers within ourselves but like one beggar telling another beggar where to find bread, we speak of the care of the Shepherd in whose pasture we feed.

walking softly on a sheet of thin ice…..you describe it well.

Please rest with us awhile along the path here, and let us care about you and for you as we may.

• texan59 says:

Just know that people out here hear your plea. I’m not real eloquent when it comes to praying. Just know that we are.

• Sharon says:

Drifter, this note is just to let you know that we are praying, listening, and standing by.

• Sha says:

Drifter- I will pray for you and your family.

Dear Drifter,
      My heart hurts reading your words. I will add my prayers to all the others’ here.
      I’m a senior citizen too, with bad health, but not anywhere near the things you are dealing with.

I have learned as the last 10 or so years went by that, as much as we may love our children or spouse and give of ourselves to them, sometimes those we love can let us down and cause much pain. Human beings are flawed and sinful, me included. For some of us, our relationship with God is extremely important. For others, it is not. We are commanded by the Lord to put Him before all others, even our families.

I understand the “drifting away” feeling because I have had such an experience. It was a truly frightening feeling. At the time it happened, I did not have the sense that God was there. I did not have an experience of feeling His Love. It was dark and empty. BUT…He was there, just not allowing me, for His own reasons, to know He was there. I hung on by my fingers while feeling I was going to drop into an abyss. Time passed and I did not drop into an abyss. Very slowly, over time, I began to see little signs of His presence. Never have I been so grateful in my life!

One of the outcomes of my dark time is that I have a different way of looking at people and life now. I try to remember each day that I cannot put my faith and trust in other human beings. It has to be Him. My two children have not been there for me. I do have a husband who has stood by me. As much as I know he cares, he, being human, does not have the personality and ability to deal with some of my issues. He is a good man and I can’t blame him for anything. He does the best he can, and I’m extremely blessed to have him.

If you love God, no matter how alone and dark and empty it seems for you, please try to trust that He is still there.

• lovemygirl says:

You are not alone. We are all praying for you.

14. tessa50 says:

I have a prayer or two to spare and many more. God bless you Drifter and help you now in your need.

15. JAS says:

I lost my wonderful Mom this year, June 20th at 10:15am. She was 87. I still miss her terribly. Although separated by over a thousand miles we talked on the phone every week.

I just realized that I wont be calling her tomorrow to wish her a great Thanksgiving. That made me feel really bad. And I further realized that I wont be calling her to wish her a Merry Christmas, or a Happy Birthday, or a Happy Easter. The only consolation is that being the great person she was, I know she is in a better place. Love your Mom’s, they are the only ones we have.

• justfactsplz says:

My mom is 92 and in a nursing home. She lived with me until I could no longer care for her. She is now in a wheelchair and legally blind. I will be bringing her home tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner. I do cherish her. My dad died in 1994 and I still miss him. I hope you have joy tomorrow with other family members.

• stella says:

I lost my mom in July of 1997, at age 91. I think of her every day, and I still miss her, but the memories are good ones. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, JAS.

• Sha says:

Jas – Your mom will always be with you….. I lost my dad the day before Christmas eve in 2010 and his Birthday would have been today if he were still alive . We always miss the ones we love . Celebrate for both of you .

16. lovemygirl says:

Need a few more thoughts. I went to the oncologist this morning. The lung they operated on is stable and I’m doing well in that regard but…They found something on the other lung and I need to go in for a biopsy. He is puzzled and even went back to look at the PET scan from a few months ago and nothing was there. It is fairly large and that is what he doesn’t understand, how it can go from nothing to large in 3 months. Hopefully it is something like an infection but of course it could be more cancer. I’ll know the results on the 16th when I see him again and should hear from the hospital later today when I get to go back for more torture with sticking needles in me and stuff. I’m hoping that the doctor being puzzled by how fast it appeared may mean it isn’t the bad stuff.

• Pam says:

OK, friends, crank up the prayers. Please let us know when biopsy is scheduled.

• lovemygirl says:

They don’t waste any time. Tomorrow morning I go in for a CT scan assisted biopsy. I will be under and I believe I get to go home afterwards. I’m waiting for the nurse to call back. I guess this is scaring me more because things were going so well and other than a lot of pain and slower than I wanted healing I thought things were good. I guess I was taken aback when they suddenly were talking about my good lung. It seems odd that I’m hoping they diagnose me with the misdiagnoses I kept getting before, An infection rather than the other.

• Sha says:

Were not gonna claim anything bad, so put all those bad thoughts a side. I will be praying for you to enjoy this Christmas with the miracle God has gave you. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Sharon says:

Aw, LMG, I missed the earlier post but see these updates now. These unexpected turns when you have already had to adapt to hard things and seemed to have successfully moved by them are hard to process. I’m so sorry this happened – obviously – and am caring for you in these night hours.

• justfactsplz says:

LMG, we have prayed you through some very serious stuff. God has saved you for a reason. We will be praying for this test to come back benign. Believe like you have never believed before that God will answer our prayers. I was just wondering the other day how you were coming along. Concentrate on your dance moves because you will need them to dance at your daughter’s wedding. Hang tough.

• lovemygirl says:

Had a little detour with the biopsy. They had to get to the middle of the lung with that needle and oops, it deflated my lung enough that they put a chest tube in and kept me there. Basically a mini vac that keeps negative pressure inside the chest to reinflate the lung. Back home now but I wouldn’t recommend anyone get a chest tube for fun… that did hurt quite a bit but did the job. I spoke with a pastor’s wife who is studying to be one herself. Somehow I just felt real comfortable and calm with her. She said she could tell. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers and I’m going to keep the positive outlook and start really enjoying the season. I’m taking my daughter to the church to see what we can volunteer to help with this year.

17. lida rose says:

I am seeking guidance from those wiser then me. My mother has declared to me that she is now agnostic, she does not believe in God. This breaks my heart and leads me to many late night tears. She is actually a kind, caring, compassionate and loving person. She has been co-opted by leftist thinking. I can and do pray for her, but if she denies God, I can’t even finish the question

• Pam says:

Prayer, prayer and more prayer for her immortal soul. Only God truly knows what is in her heart. Our hearts do break when loved ones turn away from God. His Heart breaks also. We know that God gives each of us the choice. We have free will to accept or reject Him. We also believe that He never stops trying to bring us back.

• Sha says:

As adults we can’t put our beliefs on others all we can do is lead by example and pray that the people we love find there way. Keep praying for her and just be you, let God work on her heart. I fought him every step of the way until I could no longer deny he was there. I still slip with my bad words sometimes (temper) but I always know he still loves me even when I’m not perfect. I pray she finds her way……….

• justfactsplz says:

Let her see the joy of the Lord in you. You can see in one’s eyes when they belong to Jesus. There is light and warmth there. Try to get her to watch the movies Left Behind or Revelations. Discuss some of the prophecies of the end times are coming true. Talk to her about Satan. He is very real and convinces people to think there is no God. For your peace of mind remember that since you belong to him your whole household is favored. God never gives up on your family members. Stand on that promise. His angels will put people in your mother’s path to witness to her at the right times. It may take quite a few people to sow the seed in her but eventually someone will lead her soul to harvest. My parents were saved in their very elderly years and so was my grandfather. My grandmother and I never gave up on them and God honored our prayers. I will be praying for her.

• lida rose says:

I don’t have it in me to respond to each individually, I thank each of you from the bottom of my heart for your kind, thoughtful, loving responses.
        Pam- Only God knows what is truly in her heart —
        I hope and pray, ty
        Sha- keep praying for her … let God work on her heart — I can and will pray, try
        JFP “let her see the joy of the Lord in you” I know you’re right, but this one hit me like a sucker punch, try

18. sageladymj says:

I posted my post in the chapel thinking it was more like this is. I came over here after posting it. Possibly a mod could move it for me? I’m a little slow on the uptake lately. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Sha says:

sageladymj- I don’t think they can move the post between the threads. I went to the chapel to find out what was going on with you. Stay strong……. don’t let the devil still your faith or your joy with hatred. I am sorry you have to go through all that you are I don’t understand sometimes the “why’s” of this life so i have to remind my self it’s not up to me to question the lord. I will be praying for you .(( Big Hugs)) being sent your way.

• Sha says:

Sageladymj- When I said I don’t understand the why’s of this life I should have said I don’t understand why good people suffer or why they get sick and why bad things happen to them…… It’s still confusing to me as an adult so I hope one day if I’m lucky enough to stand before God he will tell me. I do believe in miracles and I truly hope you get blessed with one.

• stella says:

No, we can’t move posts, but you can copy and paste your comment to a new one here.

19. canadacan says:

I am requesting a special prayer for my boss Alfredo .
    I hate business politics .I have been with this man a long time and I pray that corporate will allow him to come back to work.
    Dear God don’t let Christmas find hard working people unemployed.
    I have my own fears as well.
    Thank you God for having a place to do this request.

20. 51southerngal says:

So many wonderful people here – have read this site for several years, but never posted. Am going through some dark times lately battling anxiety and depression and would appreciate any prayers or words of encouragement.

• Menagerie says:

My prayers are with you. I hope that you will begin to see some light and hope in your life. Don’t give up. It really does get better.

• Sha says:

You came to the right place……. I will be praying for you. I have to remind my self all the time everyday above ground is a good day even when I have had a really rotten day. Everyone gets down sometimes it isn’t how many times you get down and out that counts it’s how many times you get back up that really matters. ๐Ÿ™‚

• canadacan says:

prayers for you

• Sharon says:

Thank you for sharing your heart. Even in cyber world we can care for one another and pray. The Father knows you and knows your need. I hope you will receive some fresh breezes that give you a bit of relief. It’s tiresome when things are heavy in a seemingly open-ended kind of way.

• justfactsplz says:

I will pray for you. The good thing is that you recognize what you are in battle with. Ask God for the peace that passeth understanding to calm you anxiety. Depression is devastating. Don’t give in to it. Fill your thoughts with Bible passages or listen to uplifting Christian music. Know that you are not alone and that people here pray and pray again. These prayer warriors here prayed me through a tough and uncertain time when my husband was deathly ill. God bless you.

21. 51southerngal says:

Thanks so much for your prayers and kind words. I was readings Psalms 121 earlier, this was my Mother’s favorite Psalm, and our help truly does come from the Lord. She died four years ago and I miss her terribly. Since she has been gone, I have neglected my prayer life and maybe this is God’s way of drawing me closer. Hate to be such a downer, I’m usually the one helping everyone else and I have trouble talking to my family because I don’t want to worry them. I’m a fighter and I’m determined to find the silver lining in this.

22. Just Me says:

Please pray for our nation and the healing of our confused, beleaguered and exhausted people. Please ask God to guide a qualified, honest, God-fearing leader our way. (We sure could use one!) And ask God to wake up the American voters so that we never again sweep into office a bunch of thugs from Chicago.
    AMEN.

23. Tony says:

Please pray for my family and that I may find work. I just lost my job along with our health insurance. I have cancer and we are terribly afraid we may lose our home.

Tony in Naples, FL

• stella says:

I will pray for you, Tony. You have a terrible burden right now.

• Sha says:

It’s hard enough to lose your job and health insurance but to be sick on top of it has to be so hard on you and your family. You will be in my prayers………

• justfactsplz says:

I will lift you and your family up in prayer. I will pray that God will heal your cancer and lead you to a great job with insurance benefits. May you feel God’s loving comfort and peace surround you.

• lovemygirl says:

I’ll pray for work for you as I know the need to provide for the family but if you get to the point where the cancer would prevent it – I was placed in the same unfortunate circumstance recently. Couldn’t work because of cancer (they thought it was something else for a long time) and lost the health insurance because of costs and little income. I did sign up for our state’s version of Medicaid to get by and have been surprised at the quality care I have received. I had a surgery at a top rated research hospital so you might want to check into it without worrying like I did and skip the embarrassment part, I found that it is silly to be ashamed of asking for help when you need it. Also, SS does have disability benefits that I am finally getting. Not a huge check but it does help. Takes a while and government bureaucracy but I believe 5 months after work it can kick in for a safety net. I know there are programs for the home too. I took advantage of one to prevent a foreclosure and rent for the time being.

• Dixie Darling says:

LMG, that sounded like great advice for Tony. YOU may have already been the answer to one of his prayer requests. I hope he has taken advantage of your recommendation. Will say special prayers for Tony AND you tonight and thereafter.

24. Sha says:

LittleLaughter – I just wanted you to know that I have had you and your family in my thoughts and prayers .

25. Sha says:

Ad rem I haven’t see you around in a while and I wanted to ask you how the baby and mama was doing.

26. Pained says:

Pray that the moderators of this site welcome constructive criticism, and post dissenting opinions, rather than construct a message like those(MSM) that they criticize.

• Pam says:

Pained, I don’t know if you can understand how inappropriate it was for you to come to this Prayer site and insert your comment. You sound like you are in some sort of pain, though. Our moderators don’t need the type of prayer you request, but I will be praying for you!

• Sha says:

Pained our moderators are firm but fair and we are blessed to have them and this site that THEY share with us.

27. Pamela says:

I now that strength comes in numbers, so I’d like to ask all of yall to ask God to bless me with a child. I have endometriosis, which makes it hard for me to conceive. I know that ALL things are possible through God and the power of prayer. It’s through Jesus’s name I pray, AMEN. Thank you to all who are willing to join me in this prayer. Miracle can happen. Please God

• Sha says:

They can happen…….. and don’t you ever stop thinking they can. Some times you can want something so bad that you can mess your own self up. Speak to God from your heart and walk away trusting in him when you ask for something over and over it’s as if you really don’t believe it will come true. I will pray for you…….. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Pam says:

We can never go wrong when we pray that God’s will be done in our lives. Praying for you.

28. lovemygirl says:

I met with the oncologists today. The spot on my other lung is unfortunately spread of the original cancer. I didn’t like hearing about how fast it has grown but I need to know the truth. Tomorrow morning I go in for another PET scan (real detailed pics) and by Friday afternoon I should know If it is just one spot or more. If just one they will likely use either a gamma knife or another version of condensed and intense radiation rather than put me under the knife again. If it has spread more then they will probably use chemo to “control” it. I’ll keep hoping for no other spread so there is still a chance at recovery. Friday I should have the news, good or bad and will let you guys know.

• WeeWeed says:

Prayers up, LMG. It’s a tough battle – and what a perfect season for all of you./s Holidays are a tough time to have to worry.

• Ad rem says:

LMG….My family and I will continue praying for your full recovery and peace of mind for as long as you need us. Your comments here were a blessing to me and my daughter when she had difficulties with her pregnancy back in her 22nd. week last August. Your own experience in coping with a premature baby gave us much hope and encouragement. She was able to keep the baby all the way ’til the 36th week. and she delivered a healthy baby boy last Nov. 14th….. thanks to the answered prayers from you and the other Treepers.
      We’ll all continue being here for you….

• Sha says:

You beat it once you will beat it again ! You have a reason to never stop fighting every time you look at your family. My prayers are with you .

• Sharon says:

LMG, thank you for keeping us informed. Perhaps sometimes it seems easier to just not say anything, but it means alot to us to be able to stand by you, pray for you, and love on you. It sounds like they are being proactive. Hugs.

• Pam says:

LMG, so sorry for that news, but praying they caught it really quickly and will be able to get rid of it. We’re praying for you. Let us know as soon as you feel up to it.

• justfactsplz says:

I am so sorry to hear this LMG. I pray your results today were something they can handle and get rid of. Prayers and hugs. Hang in there. God is able. You have come through so much already.

29. tappin52 says:

This is an odd thing for me to do. I have never requested a prayer before. It is not for me, but for a very beautiful seven year old granddaughter of a friend of ours. Her name is Savannah and she has severe ulcerative colitis. They have come to the point in the road where the only treatment for her is removal of her large intestine. That is if she can hold on until Friday when the surgery is scheduled She is very sick at this point and is asking for the surgery just to get some relief. This family has endured so much tragedy: one son lost to suicide, one son lost to a drunk driver (son of a politically connected man who was protected from prosecution), and one brother lost to an unsolved murder. This poor family needs some relief. Thank you.

30. Spar Harmon says:

Into Spar’s satchel they go — — —

31. Sha says:

I just wanted to tell you guys how much you mean to me and how much your prayers have helped me in many times of need. I have never laid eyes on you but I carry each of you in my heart and in my prayers, your friendships have healed my heart in times of pain and loneliness just as if you were right here with me. Thank you for being here for me when I needed someone to talk to. God Bless all of you and your family. ๐Ÿ™‚

32. tappin52 says:

I need to thank all who offered prayers for Savannah. I just heard from my friend who says that the surgery has been completed and everything went as well as can be expected. Savannah is in recovery right now. So far, so good. I told her Grandma that I asked for your prayers. I thought she was going to cry. Thanks for helping.

• Sha says:

Thank You for letting us know how she’s doing. That little sweet heart has a lot of prayers being sent her way. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Josh says:

tappin52, not sure if this site would be of assistance to you:
      Welcome to Get Your Full Course – an educational initiative designed to inform and inspire the hundreds of thousands of men and women who strive to live well with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) โ€” which includes both Crohnโ€™s disease and ulcerative colitis โ€” and to set the record straight on common misconceptions about diet and IBD.

I just sent this to someone I know with a colitis issue though not ulcerative colitis. It sounds like ulcerative colitis affects people differently. A food that may affect one person will not affect another.

I pray Savannah is still doing well.

33. MTeresa says:

I have a prayer requestโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆthree people very close to me have been looking for work for a long time. These are wonderful hard working people and have so much to give. Thank you all for this wonderful community. Blessings to each and every one of you.

• Again I say to you, that if two of you shall consent upon earth, concerning any thing whatsoever they shall ask, it shall be done to them by my Father who is in heaven. For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

• Matthew 18:20

34. tappin52 says:

It’s my turn to pay back. Prayers up for your friends that they will find suitable employment.

35. taqiyyologist says:

Been a long, long time since I’ve been in here.

A good friend lost his father a couple days ago. He and his younger bro and sister.

I would ask, humbly, that you tree frogs would pray for all of them. Oh God.

36. lovemygirl says:

I just received a Christmas gift and I’m doing a little Happy Dance. Something has been weighing heavily on me for a bit that I hadn’t shared. After my last PET scan the doctor started with ” well It goes from bad to worse” which is nothing you ever want to hear from your oncologist. The scan had shown something in my brain. The hope I was holding onto was he asked me how long I had a rash on my head and told me sometimes a rash can light up the PET scan.

I was supposed to have an MRI on my brain Sunday but the radiologist wanted something in writing from the surgeon that it was OK with the hunk of titanium? they had put in my chest. Trying to get something Christmas week is obviously difficult so my doctor switched to a CT scan with and without contrast and I had that last evening. The results would affect which treatment I would get and obviously affect the long term prognosis. Today I was told that the scan was clean and there is no cancer in my brain so I start chemo on Friday.

Thank all of you for your prayers and the strength I get from you. Merry Christmas to all and everyone in your families!

• Sha says:

Merry Christmas LMG ! May God bless you with great health…….. you are truly a wolverine. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Sharon says:

LMG, I’ve been thinking about you much and hoping to hear from you. This is encouraging news. Thank you for sharing it with us – on a good Christmas Eve.

God bless you, dear friend. Keep us posted…we’ll just be waiting, walking alongside, thinking of you, praying for you and the family and the docs that all will be well with you.

• justfactsplz says:

I will continue to pray for you and your family. Merry Christmas.

• Ad rem says:

Prayers are going out to you and yours from my whole family LMG…..

• Dixie Darling says:

Will say a special prayer for you LMG. I’ll pray for the strength to endure the chemo and remission because of it. It’s very possible as I have a friend with a similar situation who has been in remission for some time now.

• Pam says:

I’ve been thinking about you, LMG, and wondering how things were going. I must have missed this post…thought I had checked in here at Christmas. This is good news! Sounds like your chemo began yesterday (12/26)? Let us know how it’s going.
      Praying…

37. cajunkelly says:

A song from my childhood:

Humbly and sincerely I ask for prayer. I have seemingly insurmountable challenges right now.

I feel broken and defeated, yet I continue to try.

• lovemygirl says:

You are never alone and my family will include you in our Christmas prayers. I don’t recall the exact saying but it was something like “All I have to do is pick myself up just one more time”. I’ll be reaching across the internet with a helping hand to try and help you up.

• Sha says:

I’ll be sending some prayers up for you…… I’ve been there .

• Ad rem says:

Prayers gladly offered up CK. I have always admired the faith and inner strength you have shown in your interactions with fellow Treepers.

• cajunkelly says:

awww Puddy, now ya done made me cry. This place teaches me humility sometimes. It’s also taught me something I’ve struggled with my whole life: it’s not necessary to always have the last word. It’s OK to stand quietly and let things just be . ๐Ÿ˜‰

My faith is being tried right now, more than ever before in my life.

• Ad rem says:

What you’ve said about humility and having the last word comes straight out of my playbook as well. I daily pray for the grace to overcome my natural inclination to be a tad headstrong…..fools rushing in and all that.
          He knows what’s in you heart CK…and He will provide.

• cajunkelly says:

DH’s faith always seems stronger than mine. Today satan has really made a full run at me, and DH said: it’s not a coincidence that your greatest challenge so far is on the day before we celebrate Christ’s birth.
            DH is my rock. He is my source of strength.

• Dixie Darling says:

You have already been blessed to have that rock and I hope you tell him that every day, but will add you to my special prayer list.

• Pam says:

In my little corner, among the people I know, Satan seems to be going after every person I know who is truly seeking God. In all my years on earth, I have never seen anything like this. I think it’s sometimes hard for us to remember that the Big Battle is going on in the spiritual realm, and being reflected here in our physical world. Satan’s goal is to take souls away from God.

Our society has been so infiltrated by evil…I guess it’s not surprising when we look around us to see the effects of it everywhere. Maybe you can look at it this way: if you are being attacked, you must be standing on the side of Light.

• cajunkelly says:

Yes, there does seem to be a ramping up of attacks on those of us who know that God is our Salvation, and the more we seek his strength the more desperate satan is.
                I look for signs from God when I’m struggling, confirmation that He hears my prayers and that He is my constant companion. Sometimes I find those signs in the oddest places.
                Last night was a real challenge for me and when sleep won’t come I read. While reading a book last night by an author I’ve never seen as a person of Faith (and this was a crime novel, mind you) suddenly the character in the book was praying and asking God “for a miracle”. Of course, the book was fiction, so the character received his miracle, but I also got my sign from God. And considering today’s “it’s so hip and PC to be anti-Christian” mentality I experienced JOY that an author who lives by his books, was not ashamed to publish a seemingly non faith based book chock full of Christianity and Faith in God.

I will continue to lean on Him, take joy in the little things, recognize that He does work in mysterious ways, and be thankful for the Blessings He bestows on me and DH.
                Thank you all for your prayers, your continued prayers, and your words of encouragement.

• GracieD says:

CK, it has been a while since I’ve visited the prayer thread. There are no accidents! I have always prayed that God would provide the needs of my fellow Treepers. I love Dottie Rambo’s songs. Having been brought through the fire, spiritually this past year, I have both played and sung “its me again Lord” many times. Romans 8:28 is comforting to me. I wonder how many have read of the struggles faced by all of us, and taken hope from the love and support so freely offered here? You never know who will take heart and take hope from watching how you handle what Satan is throwing at you. You are loved, and you’re prayed for Kelly!

• justfactsplz says:

Never give up. In our brokenness and defeat God works miracles in us. Remember the trials of King David. God was always with him.

• Dixie Darling says:

I pray for all of you every night and I won’t discontinue that until the day I die. And I’ll continue to reach down to you beyond that. Unless I go to hell like FDR, then I won’t bother you unless I have something funny to share. We all have our burdens so I figure everybody can use some help most all the time.

• cajunkelly says:

Thank you for the smile Dixie ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes, we all have our burdens, and I know that DH and I are blessed more than many people are. It’s the things that are beyond our control that we turn to Him and prayer for.

• GracieD says:

This song was sung by a friend of mine years ago. It has helped me through many hard times!

38. justfactsplz says:

I am asking for prayers for my daughter, the handicapped one. She has been through so much. Her name is Lori. She won’t be here tomorrow for Christmas. She has MRSA again in her leg. They fear the infection will spread to the rods in her leg or that she could even lose her leg. She is diabetic. She is running fever and unable to eat much and has lost over 30 pounds in a month. Pray that she will be able to fight this thing and be able to rest. God bless all of you and Merry Christmas.

• Ad rem says:

Paws together in prayer JFP…..

• stella says:

I’m here and praying for Lori. Merry Christmas, JFP.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you, Stella. Hope your day is filled with joy and family.

• Spar Harmon says:

It came upon the midnight clear,
          That glorious song of old,
          From angel bending near the earth
          To touch their harps of gold ::
          “Peace on the earth, goodwill to men,
          From heav’n’s all-gracious King!”

The world in solemn stillness lay
          To hear the angels sing.

And upon a midnight clear,
          When we each become ready
          To open our hearts in sweet surrender,
          The birth of light within will come,
          Glory shine all ’round about,
          And the angel’s song resound in us,

And in fullness of God’s time
          With o’er-brimming joy, yet peaceful hearts,
          We’ll all return the angel’s joyful song
          To heav’n’s all-gracious King!

To the Light of the World,
          The Prince of Peace a-borning,
          Glory, glory, glory,
          Lord God Almighty

• lovemygirl says:

Loving prayers from our family for Lori.

• Sha says:

Sending up prayers right now……………

• maggiemoowho says:

Sorry to hear your daughter is going through that. I’m praying for her and your family. God Bless and many hugs.

• Pam says:

Praying for Lori, JFP. How are you and Gary?

• justfactsplz says:

Well, I learned a hard lesson about turning on a light when you get up at night. The night before Thanksgiving I didn’t and I fell over my big black Labrador. He was laying where he normally doesn’t. I hit my defibrillator, tore my rotary cuff, and broke my big toe in two places.

Gary is on a new medicine for the diabetes that is making him so nauseous. I have noticed that occasionally he displays mental confusion. Yesterday he said this was his last Christmas, that he wouldn’t be here next year. Mostly he acts normal, it’s just subtle things I pick up on.

• Stormy says:

(((JFP & Gary)))

• Pam says:

I’ve been sitting here for five minutes trying to think of what to say. I’m so sorry.
          It’s possible that some of the medicine Gary takes can be causing the mental confusion. I’ve been on several drugs that did that to me. Lyrica for fibro can do that. Neurontin can do that. And many, many more.

• justfactsplz says:

He does take Neurontin for diabetic neuropathy.

• Dixie Darling says:

Has he been on the same dose without change or have they just recently increased it?

• justfactsplz says:

The same dose. He was in ICU for two months last spring and on a ventilator for five almost six weeks. He had so many drugs back then. That and the trauma of it all may be contributing. He broke his neck back in 2000 and sustained a closed head injury that affected his memory for a couple of years but he has been good until recently.

• Dixie Darling says:

Maybe it will clear up then…it could be a spell he is going through. I’m not a nurse but I feel like I should have my degree from the experience I’ve had with my husband. The one thing I do know is that it takes great patience to deal with problems of that nature. I will say a special prayer for the two of you tonight.

• Dixie Darling says:

The reason I asked is because my husband is on Neurontin, 300 milligrams, once per day. He had been on that dose for a couple of years with no problems. But then they increased it by 100 milligrams. The results were tragic with confusion and tremors and other side effects. We went back to the original dosage and everything returned to normal. Medicine can be just as bad as it is good.

• Dixie Darling says:

Neurontin can be especially bad about causing confusion and tremors.

• cajunkelly says:

Praying for your daughter, JFP. My mother got MRSA from the hospital in her final years. Thankfully she was a carrier and not active, but it broke my heart to see how health care workers treated her like a leper.
      Prayers up for her healing and health.

39. Sha says:

Every time I hear this song it reminds me of you guys.

40. Sha says:

Every time I hear this song it reminds me of you guys.

41. Sha says:

my comment went puff…… I think I iz in spam jail. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Dixie Darling says:

At least you didn’t do it three times like I did the other day. You can always blame it on WordPress! Since this is the end of the thread, I will add once again that I will say special prayers for those mentioned above and general prayers, as usual, for all who comment here.

42. John Smith says:

Please pray for little Aaron S. Who was born Nov 23 with his intestines outside his abdomen. He’s had numerous operations.

43. Pam says:

I’d like to offer this song for all of us, but especially for CajunKelly. If you have headphones, plug them in and listen..it makes a difference:

44. taqiyyologist says:

On the 6th of January, I’ll fly to central FL, and hang out with my folks for three weeks.

I plan to quit drinking there.

At 12 beers a day, for three years straight (no pun intended), I need to stop.

Or at least stop how I drink. I don’t believe in the whole “AA” thing. I’m a child of God. No other definition or label applies.

I drink because there’s nobody here to stop me.

Pray that at the end of January, when I return, sober, I won’t just go to the store and buy 5 more 24 oz. cans, like I’ve done every single day — except the one when I stayed overnight at the hospital ’cause I thought I had a heart attack — for the last 3 1/2 years.

Pray that I will be a force for God when I return.

Pray that God will give me a wife, because, like Adam, I can’t do this s**t alone.

Been trying, but it’s not possible.

• taqiyyologist says:

This will be my longest vacation in 10 years. And my second.

• Ad rem says:

As soon as you get back from Florida Taqi, me and the other admin are grabbing you and taking you up to one of the topmost branches in the Treehouse…the branches where you’ll be the nearest to God and the farthest away from where the beer is kept.
      I predict after a few months of living in our upper branches, you’ll have to fight the women off with a stick. There’s nothing MORE appealing to a righteous woman than an intelligent God-fearing man!

• Ellie says:

I’m sending special prayers to heaven for you. It’s a struggle but you can do it! You can accomplish all things through Jesus, who strengthens you. Hang in there! You can do it! And I will pray that God will send you a wife. A companion who shares in the burdens, struggles and joy in life makes the journey so much more bearable.

• Menagerie says:

You have my prayers taqiy. I shall also ask St. Monica’s intercession for you. She’s one of my favorites, the mother of St. Augustine. But for her anguished and determined prayers for him for many, many years, Christianity would never have had the contributions of this great thinker.

Read about her, and follow her example of determination and prayer.

Report to Puddy when you get back! We’ll have that branch ready.

Dear Tacqi,
      I felt like you do about AA. But I couldn’t stop either. I could do it for a few days, then I just wanted/had to have that drink. Years went by, then one day I just couldn’t go it alone one more hour. My personal experience with AA left me with a different view than the one I had long held.

The bedrock of the philosophy of AA IS God, surrendering to God, asking Him to restore us and bring us onto His path and His will for our lives. AA itself is a “force for God.” People who really want to stop go there to get support, knowing that whatever they say, whatever they have done, there are other people in that room who truly, totally understand them. Because of God, working through AA for 12 years in my life, then continuing to work in me when I no longer went to meetings, I have been given the gift of 31 years of sobriety.

I walked into that room with an attitude, looking down my nose at the “ragtag” bunch, knowing I was better than them and smarter than them. I went because I was going to show someone else that AA was a bunch of phony hypocrites who had nothing to offer me. I had done one thing, though. I had asked God for help. He used the very people I had scorned.

I know there are some people who can stop drinking without AA, relying on the Lord. It’s not for me to judge how God works in the lives of individuals. God can do anything, in whatever way He chooses. For many, many of us, God chooses to use AA.

This was just my personal experience and my personal outcome.

Walk with God. I will be praying for you.

• Spar Harmon says:

I don’t know where to start, brother. AlcohoI-ISM is a disease. 13 a day for 3 years may have pushed you over that edge. Pride (I can do it myself), misunderstanding of will power (inverted in the alcoholic, i.e. works against you), rejection prior to investigation, and a poor understanding of the following dynamics:: self delusion, denial, lying to self (including self- loathing) — — — all these are working against you and you likely only are superficially aware of them. Now convert all those ‘you’s to ‘I’s and that is me, September, 2009.
      I only break anonymity here and in the Chapel, because understanding fellow drunks hang out here along with the other good folks, and sometimes I need a touch of ‘meeting’. Alcoholics tend to be hard headed, stubborn, and resistant to other people telling them what they should do. Alcohol kicked my butt to the brink of death before I could let go absolutely and ask for help; in other words, it was a literal life and death plea : God help me, God help me, I cannot do life myself…

As your eyes open, the meetings become the most profound of spiritual experiences. I have heard more solid wisdom from the homeless and low class than judges, priests, and academics, though all have been in the same room, on the same basis, only sharing their personal experience (no theories, please). Since 1934, AA has been the only ONLY approach to the problem of alcoholism and addiction that has any significant track record.

Please consider it, brother.

My prayers follow you no matter what — — —

• taqiyyologist says:

Thank you Spar.

I know I’m stubborn, and I know what I believe. Some of that is unlikely to change, despite the apparent efficacy of AA on the one front of alcoholism. It works for that, sure. And Adolph got the trains running on time.

I read a compilation book, hardcover, of short stories and essays by AA members — found it in a book store in Hillsboro, NH. Well, I read enough of it to put it back on the shelf, because it was blasphemy after blasphemy. After the third one, I put it back.

I have studied the Bible all my life. And translation. And exegesis. And, despite the fact that AA works for the one purpose it was designed for, I do believe it belongs in the same category as Mormonism, Jehovah’s Witnesses, and any other pseudo-religion: that is, it does some good, but what harm to the soul and mind?

I’ve read enough WRITTEN BY devotees and founders to have come to a conclusion on the matter. I know that coming to a conclusion is frowned upon in today’s society. I guess I’m closed-minded like that. I’ve also studied most of the JW literature, and ever-changing encyclopediae. And don’t get me started on Joseph Smith.

Your prayers though? Thank you, Spar.

Meetings? What is this place?

• Spar Harmon says:

helpHELPhelpHELP ADMIN !!!!!! Word press just lost my reply to taqiy. Could you chect the spam bucket?????

45. Sha says:

Would you guys say a little prayer for my son and me. I think I have the flu and he has caught it from me ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

46. taqiyyologist says:

I need to come in here more often.

If just to realize just how ragtag and misfit most of our lives are, and to pray for folks I’ve seen, in text, for years.

Remember “pen pals”? That was before my time, even.

This is like that. Only more instant than worldwide mail delivery.

Praying for you all, and I’m going to make it a point to come in here more often for that purpose.

47. Ad rem says: