President Trump Delivers Public and Coded Message to Chairman Xi Jinping…

On Tuesday afternoon President Trump was asked a question by media about Kim Jong Un.  President Trump responded to the question, and simultaneously delivered an openly coded message to Chinese Chairman Xi Jinping that few would understand:

[Transcript] Q (Inaudible) about your meeting with Kim Jong Un while you’re in South Korea? Are there discussions underway?

THE PRESIDENT: So, I see that. And I just received a beautiful letter from Kim Jong Un, and I think the relationship is very well. But I appreciated the letter. I saw the information about the CIA, with respect to his brother, or half-brother. And I would tell him that would not happen under my auspices, that’s for sure. I wouldn’t let that happen under my auspices.

But I just received a beautiful letter from Kim Jong Un. I can’t show you the letter, obviously, but it was a very personal, very warm, very nice letter. I appreciate it.

And I’ll say it again: I think that North Korea has tremendous potential, and he’ll be there. I think that North Korea, under his leadership — but North Korea, because of what it represents — the people are great, the land is great, the location is incredible between Russia, China, and South Korea — I think North Korea has tremendous potential. And the one that feels that more than anybody is Kim Jong Un. He gets it. He totally gets it.

Q (Inaudible.)

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t know. I have not heard about that, but we’ll see.

Q (Inaudible.)

THE PRESIDENT: I would, but I want to get it further advanced.

In the meantime, no nuclear testing. No major missile testing. Nothing like when I first got here. When I first got here, it was a bad mess.

We have a very good relationship together. Now I can confirm it because of the letter I got yesterday. And I think — you know, I think that something will happen that’s going to be very positive. But in the meantime, we have our hostages back. The remains keep coming back. We have a relationship.

Q Do you think he had his half-brother killed? Do you think he had his half-brother killed?

Q Are you saying that the CIA (inaudible) was wrong?

THE PRESIDENT: Say it?

Q Was the CIA wrong? Did he have his half-brother killed?

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t know anything about that. I know this: That the relationship is such that that wouldn’t happen under my auspices. But I don’t know about that. Nobody knows.

[…]

Q Any plan, any thought, about another meeting with Kim Jong Un?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, it could happen, but I want to bring it further down the line.

Look, in the meantime, he’s kept his word. There’s no nuclear testing, there’s no large, you know, long-range missiles going up. The only thing he sent up were very short-term, short-range. That was just a test of short range. It’s a whole different deal.

But he’s kept his word to me; that’s very important. And again, the letter he sent was a beautiful letter. It was a very warm letter. That’s a very nice thing. And I don’t say that out of naiveté. I say that was a very nice letter. (link)

The media immediately began criticizing President Trump for saying he received a “beautiful letter” from chairman Kim Jong Un who the media have labeled a brutal dictator.  However, what everyone has missed, for over two years, is the hostage dynamic.

China controls North Korea as a proxy province.  Beijing also controls the top-tier of the DPRK military leadership.  In essence, North Korean Chairman Kim Jong-un is a hostage to the manipulative interests of Chinese Chairman Xi Jinping.

Beijing uses the DPRK as a military foil against western influence.  It’s not Chairman Kim in charge of the North Korean missile tests; it’s Chinese Chairman Xi…. And almost no-one understands that dynamic.

When you understand the hostage dynamic, and you evaluate President Trump’s public response today, you also find the stunning answer to a long-standing question: Who killed Kim Jong Nam?…

(VIA CBS) The 2017 assassination of Kim Jong Nam, the older half-brother of North Korea’s leader Kim Jong Un, was recorded by security cameras. Two women came up behind him one at a time and rubbed chemicals over his face, which combined to make the deadly nerve agent VX.

At the time, it was assumed North Korea’s ruthless leader had simply eliminated a potential rival. But now, the plot surrounding Kim Jong Nam has thickened.

“He seemed to be short on money in his final years, so he had been supplying information about North Korea to the CIA,” said Anna Fifield, the Beijing bureau chief for The Washington Post.

Fifield has written a new book about Kim Jong Un. In it, she suggests that Kim Jong Nam, who spent most of his life living in exile outside North Korea, might actually have been returning from a meeting with his CIA handler when he was killed.

“On the day he was killed, he was found with $120,000 in cash in his little backpack and so that may have been as a payment for his services,” she said.

CBS News could not independently confirm Fifield’s reporting and the CIA has no comment. So the bizarre life and death of Kim Jong Nam is likely to remain one of the many mysteries surrounding North Korea. (read more)

If Kim Jong Nam was recruited by the CIA, due to the dynamic of China covertly controlling Chairman Kim Jong Un as a hostage, then it’s almost a guarantee Jong Nam was assassinated by China in an effort to remove an intelligence emissary who might work to enhance hostage rescue efforts with the Trump administration.

But President Trump did something in 2018 China did not expect.  U.S. President Trump openly engaged in direct face-to-face talks with Chairman Kim.  Essentially, President Trump entered the hostage chamber and the Chinese control agents were cut out of the private discussion.

So when President Trump said:

…”I saw the information about the CIA, with respect to his brother, or half-brother. And I would tell him that would not happen under my auspices, that’s for sure. I wouldn’t let that happen under my auspices.”…

In essence President Trump is saying, he has put nothing between himself and Chairman Kim.  There is no concern of intelligence compromise on Trump’s side of the dynamic. There is no risk from Trump’s end; and there is no need for an intermediary… Kim is safe with Trump.

The hostage rescuer is talking directly to the hostage; and both are clear-eyed about the dynamic of who is the terror agent,.. Chairman Xi Jinping.  But the world can’t yet see it.

More stunningly, by his remarks today President Donald Trump just let Chairman Xi Jinping know through open -albeit coded- public comments, that he is aware China killed Chairman Kim Jong-un’s half brother.

When you look at all of the activity through the correct lens, every irreconcilable action suddenly makes sense.

Additionally, when you know the correct context you can look at the action of China against the backdrop that Chairman Xi is aware President Trump knows the historic manipulation of North Korea by Beijing; and their control over the people around Kim Jong Un.

Quite remarkable.

[SIDEBAR – Now the role of former CIA Director and now Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, takes on more importance.  It also makes sense why the ‘government’ of North Korea, the covert Chinese agents within Kims’ government, said they no longer wanted to work with Pompeo.  It’s not Chairman Kim making that decision; it’s the Chinese agents within his government.]

It’s highly likely the recent conflicts about Kim Jong Un officials being killed or sent to labor camps is directly related to Beijing taking action to disrupt any assembly of allies close to Chairman Kim.

Xi (China) needs to keep Kim (DPRK) isolated in order to try and retain the increasingly important covert leverage of North Korea.  Given the conflict between the U.S. and China, Beijing cannot give up the usefulness of their covert control over North Korea.

This entry was posted in Auto Sector, China, CIA, Communist, N Korea, President Trump, Secretary Pompeo, Trade Deal, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

266 Responses to President Trump Delivers Public and Coded Message to Chairman Xi Jinping…

1. Media claim CIA said something. Don’t trust media claim of what CIA said
    Yes CIA can be wrong esp if there are bad actors who don’t want US and NK to achieve peace

• budklatsch says:

CIA is perhaps one step above the Chinese in believability and reliability Trust but verify Mr. POTUS..

• Alfred Barnes says:

Perhaps, and the Media is somewhere in the middle.

• mike says:

Middle? Yes, I think the media are middlemen, between Red Chinese elites, our pols and brainwashing the masses …

• oldumb says:

No, Both the Chinese and the CIA have to tell the truth on occasion, the media is able to always lie.

• Pedro Morales says:

Then Kim is essentially in an impossible situation. Trump can not free the hostage with 3 million Chinese troops on his border. The closer Trump gets to Kim, the more threatened the Chinese will feel. Kim may not last long. Not sure what plan he has to cut the strings with China. I have always thought NK was a province of China. The US should have always taken the position that NK and China were one in the same. We should have never entered this ridiculous dance. We should have simply stated that we hold China accountable for any aggressive acts by NK. For crying out loud does anyone really believe NK has a missile and nuclear program? Its all Chinese made missiles and technology. The Acme Missile Company did not make it. And neither did a hermit kingdom.

• CA M says:

Much of the media are CIA operatives. It’s called Project Mockingbird. Why do you think we call them the “Mockingbird Media”?

• Bob says:

The media dose whatever the CIA tells them…

• YY4U says:

WHAT? CIA spying on somebody who is no danger to the Democrats! What are they thinking! Don’t they know who pays them? /sarc

Truth be told, President Obama destroyed a lot more than the American economy; he destroyed America’s faith in our FBI, CIA, DOJ, NSA and IRS. The country can recover from an inept president — we have before. But not sure we can recover from federal agencies we don’t like, don’t trust and think of as a joke.

When I read that the FBI is “on a case”, I laugh. Ya mean like Las Vegas? Ya mean like Russian Collusion?

THAT is Obama’s legacy.

2. Sentient says:

It all makes sense the way Sundance explains it.

• mike says:

Rescuing us from fake news …

• Perot Conservative says:

Correct. Chairman Kim a hostage, just like President Trump has rescued Americans from the MSM, Globalists, and Chamber of Commerce.

• President Trump going in step of great pres. R.W. Reagan and his negotiation with Gorbachev in this case make lasting peace in Korean peninsula and bring prosperity to NK peoples….He got vision and see possibility for them to have same life as those on south… I do believe Kim understand that and he just want to be assure his government will not end up as in Libya 2011 or Russia 1992-2000.. We all know what warmongers/globalists did -they broke all promises to Russia.

• lftpm says:

isn’t it funny? President Reagan ended the Cold War and triggered the independence of many Soviet Bloc nations. Yet, he did not win the Nobel Peace Prize. Yet BH0 won the NPP in is 9th month as president, for accomplishing nothing to advance world peace.

• yy4u says:

sejmon—
            You hit on the flaw of the United States’s foreign policy situation. A country can comply with a request as Qaddafi (Libya) did with Bush when he abandoned his nuclear program, only to see an Obama replace a Bush and the next thing you know you (Qaddafi) are being dragged through the streets and murdered by Islamists for whom the new president seems to have great affection.

In short, we can’t be trusted. We are always one Obama away from a president who totally changes the country’s trajectory. And Obama wasn’t the only one. Bush I let Saddam go, Bill Clinton didn’t take him out, then suddenly Bush Jr is president and the next thing Saddam knew, he was under attack.

I am sure the lessons of Qaddifi and Saddam Hussain were not lost on Kim Jong un. It wouldn’t be on me.

• albertus magnus says:

Totally agree. Sundance is a Godsend to the MAGA movement and I, personally, am very grateful for his insights and guidance on all of these matters.

• Will J. says:

It always does.

3. Query says:

This has ALWAYS been the guts of it……
    “Will our iPhones and iPads cost more? Probably, but too bad!
    It’ll be less expensive than paying for a welfare society that has no middle class.” Gateway Pundit.

The death of the US middle class is the end of the Republic as we knew it.
    The CoC / UniParty / Alinsky left says…”bring it on”.

We need the racist Rev Wright from the Trinity United Church to pray for the survival of an anti totalitarian USA……… my little joke.

• Rob says:

iPhones are already over a grand. I don’t know anyone that bases their political positions on whether the price will go higher. If there are any, rest assured they have TDS and nobody but another lunatic cares what they think.

• Pale rider says:

IMHO, I wish we were back in caveman days when phones stayed on a wall or cord.

I hate the smart phone, lost most of my family to the trivial bull pedaled. They track your every move, fill you with lies, occupy your precious time with nonsense, destroy your eyes, now we see links to cancer and five G is supposed to be “nukes” in your pocket. Oh, and driving with them, unbelievable anymore, it’s like tag in cars trying to avoid the moves of the cars around you.
        A.I. Is already here and soon we can all be drooling idiots while decisions are made for us. Progress, all started with Adam right after that first/last bite.
        I wonder was it the end of the world when phones were first invented?

• Debra says:

While I am not totally anti-tech, I do wish that phones were phones (w/ability to text) and that the ‘smart’ phones were not hooked into a ‘phone line’.

IOW, if phone numbers and, hence, phone carriers only provided voice and text communications (privacy), then wi-fi connection to the internet and any communicating exchanges (public) could be marketed by a monthly access price commiserating to the desired level of content, e.g:

G rated content ~$
          PG rated content ~$$
          R rated content ~$$$
          X rated content ~$$$$

• Amy2 says:

So you believe the Republic is over? I’m still rooting for the middle class. I’d like to climb up there one day!

• Logger says:

Query, I get what you’re saying. I don’t know why anyone got out of joint about a few jokes that are in line with what most conservative blogs have been chattering about. When I read threads like these, though, I always call, “Friendly fire.” Have a nice day, folks!

• davidb says:

@ Query…although I disagree with a lot of your posts, this one has some truth. The elites do want the death of the Middle Class and the death of the Constitution. The stock market adjustment a decade ago directly affected the middle class. The housing market with all the variable rate mortgages that increased and caused massive home losses, affected the middle class the most. The “revenuers” write the most traffic fines during the morning and evening work commute targeting the working middle class. The elites want the world back to the two class system with the poor “dependent on gov” class, and the wealthy. That system provides more control over the masses.

• Sofa King says:

How could iPhones cost more???
      Electronics have been the biggest scam since miniaturization.
      The profit margins on assembled, cheap, electronic parts are unreal.

• Hello Query, let me respond:

I agree, China goods could cost more (if you are into Apple – happen to dislike them as much as Google, personally and so I don’t buy) as this escalates, that is the cost of our survival.

Yes, the middle class is who made the country great. And the middle class was the great escape to which the poor and impoverished were able to ascend in this great country because of opportunity.
      And the middle class took all of the ideas of our founders and followed them like a blueprint and made it work. For commerce, for community, for defense,for faith. These are the blueprint and the fruits of that were thriving family, thriving community, thriving churches and thriving nation. It was stunning.

The elites mimicked our earliest ancestors. Adam and Eve were offered an apple and the opportunity to be on the same level as God and then dispense with Him and they took it…and lost Eden.

The globalists/atheists/traitors reject everything about our history and if you want a great viewpoint on how the elites behave and think there are a score of fabulous WHITE (although only the racist identity groups would make that their distinguishing trait – I’m putting it here to call out their lunacy) authors who described them beautifully, take your Jane Austen, your Shakespeare, your Dickens, your Chaucer, your Fitzgerald ….a little later take your Chesterton, your Tolkien, your C.S. Lewis, your Twain, your Georgette Heyer (fluffy romances on the surface, brilliant skewering and wit when you pay attention) your Dostoevsky, your your Flannery O’Connor…and later still take your Tom Clancy (Bonfire of the Vanities is a bullseye). Boredom, idle hands. BIBLICAL stuff talks about this crowd and the mayhem they create…and confronted with the truth of their behavior, shame is out of the question…and so they marginalize, isolate, villify, persecute, exile and ultimately silence.

Dickens and Austen had notable speeches given to elites contemptuously deriding that demmed ‘Middle Class Morality’. The one where fathers tried to save their innocent daughters from the ruin of useless dilettantes and mothers begged their farmer sons to stay away from the wild crowds of the gentry.

Alinsky’s ‘Rules for Radicals’ was spotted in the newly inaugurated president obama as he was heading out of a limo from a plane ride.

“wolf in sheep’s clothing’ in one hour, will catch you up completely on how this goes back to Sanger and Germany and Soros. The documentary was created with the input of defectors from the socialist/communist cabal that has infiltrated all areas of influence.

And yes, got your sarcasm about Rev Wright, who is indeed praying for the totalitarian takeover by the rabid victim/aggressor identity crowds.

• GenEarly says:

First two paragraphs quite sensible, lost me on the third. That this post upsets some is what is remarkable to me. The country, Our Country is under Active Attack from within and without, yet the CoC, Rinoes like Mitchy McCuckold, and the ever reliable Marxist democRats only attack Our President as he succeeds. The more success the louder the Progs squeal. The more sunlight on their Criminal Treasonous actions, the more beserk they become. This is War, by other means, …… for now. Do Not become, or remain complacent, ts will htf. CYA.

4. Kalena says:

I am continually amazed at all of the things Trump is tackling and still seeing these nuances. His enemies are just so selfish and stupid. He didn’t need to give up his comfortable life and deal with all these a-holes trying to derail his Presidency. I so loathe how they are so selfish and put the future of our country last. I don’t know how our President keeps such an optimistic attitude while he forges ahead. I find it exhausting. I will forever love our VSG President.

• mike says:

What a stunning view of the NK situation this is. Just wow.

• Astro says:

Why should this surprise anyone? The clues have been before us for manynyears. One could easily speculate that not all was as it seems. Why wouldn’t a curious thinking person not consider the various scenarios and ponder the intrigue . . .

• Chip Doctor says:

Kalena…..well said!

• mariner says:

“I don’t know how our President keeps such an optimistic attitude while he forges ahead. I find it exhausting.”

President Trump knows he has the help and close support of a very bright and very loyal team, so he knows he need not think of every little thing himself. His team will keep him safe and drain the swamp along with him.

Good bless President Trump and his family, friends and team! Good bless America!

• Green Bucket says:

I believe our Lord is protecting him, plus all of our prayers help too!!

May God continue to bless and protect President Trump and his family.

• swimeasy says:

Kalena, well said!

5. The Boss says:

I found the use of the word “auspices” in answering the reporter’s question interesting, almost out of place when I first heard this exchange yesterday. Now it makes sense. THAT was the message to Xi. And President Trump was prepared to deliver it. All he needed was the question…

• 100% YOOPER says:

For those of us that have to look it up.

Merriam-Webster

auspice noun
      aus·​pice | \ ˈȯs-pəs \
      plural auspices\ -​pə-​səz , -​ˌsēz \
      Definition of auspice

1 auspices plural : kindly patronage and guidance
      doing research under the auspices of the local historical society

2 : a prophetic sign
      especially : a favorable sign

3 : observation by an augur especially of the flight and feeding of birds to discover omens

• ATheoK says:

You missed the recent example:

Recent Examples on the Web
        However, there is no context that validates the use of this term in relation to progress without disregarding the brutal reality of what happened in this country’s history under the auspice of Manifest Destiny.
        — Valerie Strauss, Washington Post,”

• Carrie2 says:

Another and older definition is “endorsement” which makes more sense to me about what our President stated.

• bessie2003 says:

and from Random House Dictionary:

Auspice: 1. Usually (auspices) approving support. 2. divination, esp. from flight of birds, as by ancient Romans. 3. any omen or sign.

• Kinda makes you wonder if the question was already posed to THAT particular reporter…HMMM?

6. The plot thickens

• G. Alistar says:

Seems like a tough nut to crack. But not as tough as the political and criminal issue of: “what did Obama know and when did he know it?” The criminal challenges are for AG Barr to investigate and report on. The political challenge, what is our POTUS to do about the first black President who was soooooo corrupt, criminal and spied on his campaign? Perhaps Donald Trump knows how he is going to solve this one or perhaps he is waiting until it’s closer to 2020? Whatever option, IF anyone thinks the left wing, resistance has been bad so far, just wait until someone senior Obama Administration or cabinet or DoJ/FBI flips and spills his guts to avoid jail time! All hell will break lose….you ain’t seen nothin yet.

7. The plot thickens

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Agree with Sundance’s evaluation.

If kim sticks with our President….and does not get killed by the Chinese or those around him, He could be a history making “Hero” to his people.

And, knowing our President…all politics aside, he wants to protect Kim.

• bluebongo says:

Yes, but for opposite reasons most would think:
        23 million refugees overrunning SK would destroy it.
        As a culture, NK has been illiterate for generations, a China misinformation campaign would be highly effective.
        There is no technology infrastructure in NK, no possible way for the population to know what’s real. Their own reclusivness would be used against them.
        ESGPOTUS laid out 2 possible scenarios to KJU, this one as well as the SK model and asked him which one he wanted. KJU would not fathom trusting any other US politician. Trump’s open praise is unlike anything they’ve heard since the Korean war. KJU is between a rock and a hard place, and they both know it.

• davidb says:

@ Blue……with a massive increase of trade between the north and south, I doubt there would be 23 million refugees. NK has rare earth metals. They have wealth, but china sucks it all up.

• Barnestormer says:

bluebongo, makes me wonder whether something approaching a hybrid of the USSR conversion might be in the NK future: a group of oligarchs emerge, initially in control of the meager capital resources of NK, but growing the economy not unlike the modern CCP model of party control of capitalism-like market features.

Such a transition could avoid the downside effects of an overwhelmed SK and (from China’s and the Kim dynasty’s perspective) of a fully integrated democratic and capitalistic Korean peninsula.

At the same time it could offer some gradual SK–NK integration, NK GDP growth opportunities in which China could participate, and a limited platform to western markets, visions of which Pres. Trump may have set Kim’s heart palpitating. Importantly, such a conversion could occur based on a mixed communist party–capitalist-ish model China’s familiar with and could conceivably goad Kim to establish.

Just a thought.

8. todd hickling says:

I’m amazed at his ability to out politic the professionals. His grasp of the world order and common sense measures to deal with nations and people, is so refreshing. The old way of politics is dead. Long live common sense and the every man mentality!

• grumpyqs says:

I agree Todd! However, your “old way of politics is dead” statement is the reason why many thousands of politicians and federal mucky-mucks are in a frenzy; not wanting their gravy train to end. They may become even more dangerous to America though…

• mariner says:

We all need to remember that all “professional” means is “gets paid”–it doesn’t Dermot higher quality.

Look who pays the professional politicians and diplomats.

• Rockindubya says:

President Trump has a keen sense of observation, greater than anyone I can recall. I began my career working for a self-made millionaire that also possessed that trait. It is a rare instinct that cannot be taught, but can be cultivated.
      Watching how he navigates these turbulent waters sure makes me glad he’s working for us…

• John Good says:

I know what you mean, as I know a few (very few) people like Donald J. Trump!
        I looked up to Donald J. Trump as a mentor & tried to emulate his success in business, when I O/O my Commercial Signage Company during the 80’s & am so glad that we all here get to see a “true master in his field” saving the Country from O’Bama’s Vision of what the USA should be.
        As Michael Savage says, “Liberalism is a Mental Disorder”, & from my own experiences in life, I highly agree.

• nats1mom says:

@todd, well stated!

9. Rowdyone says:

So the question then becomes “would Kim survive a decision to buy into President Trump’s vision of the DPRK as a non-belligerent state with re-unification with ROK and economic investment (and the accompanying graft) as stated goals”? Beijing would attempt to overthrow him before that happens. Kim would be taking a great risk for little personal gain. But the threat of this happening probably keeps Zi awake nights and making calculations before the upcoming G8 meeting.

• G. Alistar says:

Welcome to the big league. Kim and Xi Should Remember one thing, “you mess with the bull, you get the horn!”

• Beau Geste says:

PDJT seeks the goal of reducing our funding and support for technical development of China, which is a threat to us and the “free world”. He likely does not want a “deal” with China. Supply chains are already starting to be re-routed.

Resisting chinese domination of SE Asia can be accomplished by transfer of manufacture and trade to countries with smart and hardworking citizenry surrounding china, which do not want to be dominated by China. Vietnam historically does not want external domination. Koreans, both north and south, have a history of resenting past chinese domination. North Korea was the industrial and intellectual base before the korean war, while the south was agricultural and “backward”. Trade and cooperation transformed 3rd world agrarian south korea to a tech and economic force in 3 generations. The same could transform NK. Economic integration could be relatively rapid. As trade and manufacture are transferred from china, KIM can plainly see that it could be transferred to NK as well as SK and Vietnam (where manufacture and trade are transforming that country and PDJT had the second meeting). The crackdown on Hong Kong is a clear message to those countries surroundind China, that external links are necessary to even have a chance at keeping their cultures and identity.

Will Kim take a chance?

10. wlbeattie says:

IMO Anything is possible considering the new dynamic!
    I won’t post any of my numerous possible suggestions – for 3 x reasons
    1. If I’m wrong I’ll seem stupid … (DILLIGAF)
    2. If I’m right I’ll warn enemies of @POTUS … (AID + IGAF)
    3.I’m sure @POTUS is better guided & is more adept than I am, at these kind of shenanigans !

11. Uncle Max says:

Interesting to be sure Sundance. My ears alerted to that question and language used today.. it seemed coded though I didn’t have the Xi killed the brother angle. I figured it was just Trump assuring Kim he wasn’t using Kim to make a deal with Xi… Trump was not going to double cross Kim and would not be trying to insert CIA helpers into the mix. Trump was dealing with Kim on the table. Nothing underneath and no deal in the other room with Xi.

If your take is correct, which I concede is insightful, I’m not hopeful. The hostage is screwed. As I read your analysis, I saddened.. as I realize, if what you proffer is indeed the situation, I don’t see how Kim can make a deal. I don’t see how whatever Xi wants, Xi will get, regardless of Trump… except or unless Trump is going to play hardball with the China/US trade relations/tariffs, putting Kim on the table equally. The problem is, Xi has the Taiwanese card to play too, and the islands card down south. Maybe Trump is tying it all together.. for a grand bargain.. ? But how could such a bargain be struck and not risk major issues with the hardliners in China, much less in North Korea, Japan and the globalist here in the US. Oh and I left out Russia.

I don’t know. If the above, Gordian Knot was somehow cut, then , well, it would truly unleash a new international era of peace of which I cannot fathom. That would be truly incredible.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Uncle Max,

You are correct of course…..But just as in ….”The Good….The Bad..and The Ugly”

This has come down to the “brass tacks” moment so to speak.

In the past Xi would have probably “offed” Kim by now. But with our President, Xi must believe that our President “will not stand” for anymore of such thuggery.

That is the gist of this thread.
      If Xi tries the same thing with Kim, the President will ruin China’s economy. It is well on it’s way to ruin now. China has been outed…..

This was another genius move by our President. This will no longer be a hostage situation.

But China is still armed…..Yin and Yang….Win or War….Tough one

But “Blondie” should win….

• Arty Shellrep says:

-Gunny66-
        “our President “will not stand” for anymore of such thuggery.”
        “This has come down to the “brass tacks” moment so to speak.”
        —————-
        Read the article again.

Xi has no intention of offing Kim and it isn’t because Trump “will not stand” for anymore of such thuggery.”

Kim is more valuable to Xi controlled and alive than he is dead at this time – Kim is essential to Xi’s leverage at this present time.

Their hasn’t been a “brass tacks” moment…. yet.

Patience grasshopper 🙂

• ILOT says:

If the indications are true that we are having a negative impact on the Chinese economy then the brass tacks moment is still in the making. I see it developing that PDJT says to Xi at the right time, “let us work with NK a “little bit” (de-nukes, trade, peace), and we will work with you a great deal more (ie tariffs, trade etc)”. There is a lot at stake here obviously and zero doubt with the Biden revelations that China would be investing heavily in a Biden presidency.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

OK Arty….got it…..I understand what you are saying…..and I understand the article….

And my point was , our President has taken the point you referred to away from Xi by letting him know he will “ not “ allow Kim to be a “hostage” or a pawn in these negotiations.

That is why I called it a “brass tacks” moment.

You are correct in what Xi “Was” doing with Kim…
          I emphasize “Was” doing.
          But the President knew this and has taken that away from Xi with his statement.

Hence my point of Kim has “lost” his value to Xi in that the President took his “hostage status away…….Therefore my statements on Kim being in danger since he is no longer of ……..Ok….I’ll go this way……

Kim is “not as much” value to Xi

Nice post….Thanks for your inputs

• Debra says:

Arty Shellrep has the same initials as Arch Stanton . . . hmmmm.

• Dutchman says:

Seems to me the value of Nork was that, like the emperors new clothes, everybody pretended not to SEE the strings being pulled by China.

So, “oh, DON’T confront China too strongly on Trade (currency manipulation, dumping, I.P. theft, etc) because China is the only leverage ‘we’ have, in trying to ‘deal’ with, or contain those crazy Norks and their Nukes!

PDJT exposed the truth; Norks are NOT “crazy”, “see, I can call the leader fat in a,tweet, and he doesn’t launch his nukes in a hissy fit!”

PDJT hasn’t OPENLY exposed to the world, that China is pulling the strings, but he COULD. And China KNOWS he could. Hence, Norks are taken off the board, as a piece that China can use, to pressure PDJT to ‘back off’ on the ‘trade war’.

Gonna be REALLY fascinating in say, 50 years, when presumably documents are declassified, and negotiators and admin officials are able to write their books, detailing (in particular) all these diplomatic manueverings.

• MfM says:

Kim is more valuable to China under their thumb agreed.

It looks like Kim doesn’t like being under their thumb and is worried what the Chinese would do to him if he squirms out from under. He doesn’t want to be killed off.

With the spotlight on NK, the Chinese are using behind the scenes pressure to keep him under control. It’s a game of chicken on a global scale and we’ll see what happens.

• G. Alistar says:

Reminds me of Trumps tweet after the short range missile tests by n. Korea May 25, 2019, “North Korea fired off some small weapons, which disturbed some of my people, and others, but not me. I have confidence that Chairman Kim will keep his promise to me, & also smiled when he called Swampman Joe Biden a low IQ individual, & worse. Perhaps that’s sending me a signal?”

Target of this tweet was not principally Kim nor sleepy Joe Biden (though both May not have understood). The target was Xi and China.

• bluebongo says:

Xi can get away with creating some islands in the Pacific because Trump has rendered them strategically isolated by continued naval and air patrols. They are a paper tiger. Taiwan is just a bargaining chip for Xi, he knows an attack would be the end of China.

• jnr2d2 says:

Taiwan as a bargaining chip works both ways. We can always recognize Taiwan as a separate country. And short of a war, there’s nothing China can do. China is too weak to take on the US and most of the world at this time.

• Orygun says:

It would be truly putting the genie back in the bottle. Communism needs to be put back in the bottle and shelved in the national archive never to be seen again. It is a scourge on humanity.

12. ABN says:

That is a fascinating and very plausible insight Sundance. I hope you write more on this topic and North Korea in general. As someone else commented, PDJT’s use of “auspices” really jumped out both in that context and based on how he normally talks. It has to have indicated something else and you seem to have nailed it.

• Aeyrie says:

The word “auspices” jumped out at me too when I read it, ABN. It has a very specific meaning in current international affairs (also to “protection organizations” the Prez has had experience with in the past as a builder in NYC.)*
      The term goes back centuries to when we had kings and protectorates, and that was the first thing I thought of. PDJT being a master chess player would likely think of this meaning also. The use of that specific word indicated to me that PDJT was saying very clearly to KJU, “You are under my protection now. I will not let anything happen to you.”
      I agree completely with Sundance’s assessment. It was the Chinese who killed the half brother. Remember the 18 to 20 CIA assets who were killed in China due to HRC’s pay-for-play server? One more wouldn’t be a problem at all.
      *See the Cambridge Dictionary definition. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/auspices

13. Bigly says:

A so called “poll” was just released that suggested every democrat beats trump, lol. Here we go again.

While reading Sundance’s comments I kept thinking of Obama/Bush/Clinton, even Reagan

We have never actually had -“a president” before – in our lifetimes, never.

MR Trump is the first man in our lifetime who actually knows what it means to be “president” – the irony is, he understands at times, you don’t act presidential to be presidential.

What an amazing show we are witnessing. Awestruck , truly amazing.

• SoCal Patriot says:

I really have a hard time with anyone putting down Ronald Reagan. He was a great president by any measure and we should be thankful that God put him in charge at that moment of history.

• De Oppresso Liber says:

Agreed. I am by no means taking anything at all away from President Trump; I too feel he is the best president in any of our lifetimes, but President Reagan brought down the USSR. One has to be old enough to remember the Cold War as an adult participant to understand the significance of President Reagan’s accomplishment.

China was never a serious threat to the United States, until made so by the repugnant rapist-in-chief Bubba Clinton. But, in addition to dealing with the evil of the Chicoms, President Trump has also had to also fight the TRAITORS within our own government and society. President Reagan never had to deal with the domestic enemies that President Trump has had to face in addition to our foreign enemies.

• JIM COMEY IS A WEASEL_DOUG says:

Reagan also reinfused Patriotism into our national conversation after the Vietnam debacle and Jimmy Carter POTUS. I graduated high school late 70’s and military service was viewed quite dimly by most my age. Ronald Reagan turned that around but NOT by starting a war, but by reminding us of the greatness of America.

• CharterOakie says:

Exactly my perspective on the Reagan years, DOUG.

He was a GREAT President, and perhaps just in the nick of time. He championed America and encouraged Americans to again love and believe in their country.

That said, I’m not certain he was equipped to be dealing with the state of things as they are now. Trump is, even though he’s no match for Reagan as a rhetorician.

Differing skill sets and strengths for different times and somewhat different demands.

• 17CatsInTN says:

I still remember that commercial he had with a bear rumbling through the woods….he was, bar none, the best president in my lifetime–until President Trump took over the stage. 🙂 Honestly, I would put them at almost equal for their times in their ability to control the conversation and flummox the opposition.

• Dutchman says:

D.O.L.
          For me, the Presidency of DJT has caused me (everyone?) to reevaluate past Presidencies, including REAGAN

IMHO, I would disagree with the last part; “President Reagan never had to deal with the domestic enemies,…”
          I think he DID, they were all there, even seeded in his administration, certainly deep state and media.

They were just in ‘stealth’mode, and “boil the frog slowly” was their M.O.
          Certainly Bushies were seeded thruout his admin., and tried to undercut him constantly.

“Mr. PRESIDENT. DO NOT say “Tear down this WALL!” was the advice he was getting from all corners.

He was an Economic Nationalist, and a Populist, and I have no doubt that the same forces aligned against PDJT, were,aligned against Ronald Reagan.

And, I think just as RR used economics and forcing U.S.S.R. to compete economically to bring down USSR, PDJT is similarly going to use economic competition to cripple CCP.

• GB Bari says:

Reagan was great, despite his VP George HW Bush secretly working behind his back to undermine him. Reagan actually won the Cold War for the US.

That said, IMO, President Trump has a far more devious and frustrating political climate surrounding him because of the severe corruption of his own party by the Globalists, and the more brazenly hard Left radical and openly anti American DemoncRAT Party. Tip O’Neil would not recognize his own party today.

• LeastInterestingManInTheWorld says:

Oct 23, 1983

Reagan

• Greg says:

Reagan did some great things but today’s invasion on the southern border can be laid directly at his feet. He turned 4 million illegal aliens into citizens and then left the door wide open for all of their compadres. Was agreeing to the Amnesty before closing the border ignorant or intentional? Giving people who break our laws Citizenship and the benefits(welfare) that go with it was just an invitation for what has been going on ever since. You could say Reagan defeated communism but invited socialism across our southern border. Reagan was President, he could have built that wall the same way Trump is building it, question is why didn’t he?? Maybe he had a little globalist blood running in his veins? Short answer, yes.
        NAFTA was created by REPUBLICAN’s under REAGAN in the mid 1980’s. In fact the American government under Reagan and then George HW Bush spent millions of tax payer dollars formulating NAFTA.
        Maybe that’s how Reagan was planned to deal with the Border issue, just send our jobs to Mexico and they will quit coming to the US. If it walks like a Globalist and talks like a Globalist……
        I have said these things before and folks make excuse’s for Reagan, Trump is not making any excuse’s, he is fixing the problem single handedly.

• Orygun says:

President Trump has unmasked most of the traitors where President Reagan was trying to work with them. President Reagan was a good man surrounded by uniparty types and outright traitors. You can only ask a man to do his best with the hand he is dealt.
          President Reagan did that and President Trump has another 6 years to go.

It has been an amazing ride so far!

• Aeyrie says:

Thanks for the reality check, Greg! I leaned Dem then and didn’t like him. Nevertheless, I saw that Reagan had enemies in his administration as well (HWBush, primarily though there were others) and the H’wood types were in his ear all the time. Our great ones have been great because of the challenges they faced during their administrations. None have been “a man for all seasons” though they have tried to do their best. It will be the same for PDJT as well.

• permiejack says:

Yes, Reagan started the idea of NAFTA. It wasn’t signed into law till 1994. How many changes were made in the following 6 years after Reagan left office?

• YY4U says:

I loved Ronald Reagan. Still do. But keep in mind that he hadn’t been in office three months when he was shot and nearly killed. (For those who believe Hinckley was trying to get Jodie Foster’s attention, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.). I read that Reagan was not the same after the assassination attempt. Who would be? Reagan rescued the country from the doldrums, ended the Cold War, rescued the economy , kept Globalism at bay — all after being shot. Had he not been, perhaps he’d have been able to drain the swamp, too. As it is, the swamp continued to fester underneath him like a subcutaneous carbuncle . Perot tried to pick up where Reagan left off and maybe head he run as a Republican and defeated Bush we wouldn’t have ended up with a Barack Obama who was Jimmy Carter on steroids. I don’t think anybody here likes Reagan less just because we like Donald Trump more.Reagan saved us in 1980, Trump in 2016…same son, second verse.

• Will Hunt says:

Mr. Trump continues to deliver as many of us had hoped. One of the many side benefits of his tenure is to show, in stunning relief, that “career politicians” are anathematic to our democratic system and a cancer on our government. By definition career politicians cannot act in the best interest of the electorate. Trump is only motivated by his desire to right wrongs and improve the US.

14. Carson Napier says:

I just hope DJT has intelligence sources other than the CIA. Japanese intelligence maybe. I don’t know, just not solely, or even mainly, the CIA. The CIA has too much of a history of seeing what is not there, when not missing what is right in front of their eyes and they are not exactly populated by a whole bunch of Trump and MAGA supporters.

• CIA only ensures that you see what they want you to see.

• mariner says:

If two and a half years into his Presidency you’re still “hoping” that DJT has his own intelligence sources, I don’t know what to say.

Without his loyal and superior intelligence sources he wouldn’t be alive today, much less our VSG President.

• Jake says:

President Trump relies on Military Intelligence, not CIA. Why do you think he is our biggest promoter of our great military.

• Aeyrie says:

I kinda think he does, Carson. Every great entrepreneur has his own “spies” in his field of endeavor. That factor plays largely in how they become so successful. PDJT probably still has many connections outside of government that he still relies upon, just as he has his own private security in addition to secret service.

15. CirclinTheDrain says:

Maybe I think more simplistically but…wouldn’t the hostage situation and dynamic be shifted if Trump outed it specifically to the world? Xi would find his options re DPRK very limited if the world could see the Chinese control and malevolent intent of Xi every time DPRK “acts up”. What is the advantage of continuing to hide it?

• Rob says:

And why would people that don’t like Trump (half the world?) believe him after Xi denies it publicly?

• alligatriot says:

Or – the world has been aware of the “hostage situation” all along but has averted its eyes in order to continue to reap trillions of dollars of benefits from doing business with China.

Sort of like American politicians. They know full well they are controlled by lobbyists but refuse to fix the system because their bank accounts and seats of power would be forfeit.

President Trump sees through the fog, tells Kim Jong Un, “you’re safe with me”, but says it loudly enough for Premier Xi to hear.

Pretty brilliant stuff from someone who knows nothing about foreign policy.

• Aeyrie says:

Aces up the sleeve. PDJT always has backups upon backups, I’ve noticed. That card is better kept in the sleeve to be used as leverage.

• Dutchman says:

Its the bullet in the chamber. Once you fire it, you can’t control it, or take it back. Sometimes the threat is more useful as leverage.

16. Who killed who is irrelevant, and of course POTUS is using intermediaries. At this point North Korea isn’t significant as leverage for against China. It was used as a boogeyman by both sides.

• GB Bari says:

If you believe that, you’ve missed or rejected the entire significance of Sundance’s article. I’m not sure why you are here.

• FPCHmom says:

I think you have it backwards.

Our leverage against China has always been economic. No leader before Trump was willing to use it.

The threat of a rogue, nuclear North Korea has been (before Trump) used as leverage by China against the US.

No leader before Trump has tried to take away that leverage.

17. RJ says:

Businessman with orange hair loves real estate, sees North Korea as prime deal of a lifetime. Bad man knows who carries mortgage on North Korea…China no want to sell North Korea. The collusion bad guy knows how to break open an unbreakable “not for sale” deal.

Property manager of North Korea, Kim, wants new management for his tenants. Hit man soon coming for him if he not careful! Bad Orange Hair man knows how to sell and close deals.

North Korea Kim looked at limo the orange guy drives first time they met…he wants one now for obvious reasons. POTUS should give him backup limo as gift!

I like Bad Orange Hair Man…

18. TestName7 says:

One wonders if the deal in the works with china has strong bearing on this (toungue-in-cheek).

Can the US win both? China obviously knows priorities but are they more vindictive or kumbaya. Yes that was facetious. I for one would give up something if it meant a permanent end to the leash. At the same time I can not see any rational reason China would give that up. The stress on the US alone is worth more than money. More than reading our emails and having university plants

Btw did you know some major universities have (long ago) switched to gmail.
    Talk about technology exfiltration and monopolities. People joke about having an at-home device. Imagine. If you have an edu email. Imagine the N*A on steriods.

Am I saying they are exctracting private research technology? Probably not, per se, but are they aware of it? I feel less the need to belabor this issue these years as ease to ‘massive database access’ is becoming more in the public main stream.

It doesn’t take genius though to sign off from a conglomorate monuplex invading your institution whose motto is “don’t be evil”.

That is nothing more than a veiled threat, whatever they thought it’s might have meant before.

• Kitty-Kat says:

“I can not see any rational reason China would give that up. ”

How’s about the “Marshall Plan” for NoKo that will enrich not only NoKo but also China and all other economic participants beyond their wildest dreams.

19. k4jjj says:

This is strategy as I have not seen in my life in the USA. Julius Caesar was brilliant as a strategist…one of the greatest in world history. He would lead a Roman army to defeat a bitter enemy…and then, not seek revenge and murder the foe, but EMBRACE the foe who then became a loyal ally.

Those who belittle Donald Trump’s words and deeds are not in the same galaxy as this historical strategist who is one for the ages. Strategists at his level have been extremely rare in world history.

We are fortunate to be watching, in real time, a rare talent who discards known approaches to complex challenges and repeatedly reveals new and grander leadership solutions.

I laugh as I hear critics demean Donald Trump for “not doing leadership correctly.”

Each new day brings amazing new achievements by President Donald Trump. This man is a living clinic on grand strategy. Forget Mount Rushmore. This President deserves a separate and higher mountain upon which his face is carved.

• Inspector 71 says:

It begs the question for me as to why the last few presidents haven’t thought of this strategy or maybe they did but weren’t sure how to go about implementing it. It think the answer is obvious. The DC Pols were and are bought and paid for. My faith in Americans has been restored because everyone knew we needed an independent outsider to come in, audit the BS and return the country to us.

• Aeyrie says:

They couldn’t go about implementing it, Inspector. They have been PINOs. Presidents In Name Only. Puppets who were shown the original Zapruder tape if needed, the one none of us has seen, and they have been asked if they had any questions. They did what they were told. Until now.

• John Good says:

Nice to see someone who really gets what Trump is all about.
      Nice comments, I wish that I could be as “articulate with words as you”, but I am not a writer.
      But I am a life-long gearhead, who can read!

20. konradwp1 says:

Sundance is right, Kim is a hostage. But the situation is a bit more complex. The reality is Kim has been trying to break free for some time, even before President Trump’s election. China has been very angry with Kim for trying to break free, and this is a tension that Trump has picked up on.

The only way Kim knew to become an independent power was to be a bigger threat than NK was. This is because the NK bulldog had learnt that it got international attention if it barked when China rattled the chain. But what if the bulldog could bark without China’s permission?

For China’s purposes, all NK needed was SRBMs, MRBMs and atomic weapons. This was enough to threaten SK, Japan and Guam. China didn’t want NK to have SLBMs or ICBMs, let alone thermonuclear weapons. But Kim wanted them …

In 2016, the Japanese managed to retrieve lower stage parts of an NK orbital rocket from depth in the sea of Japan. Even though self destruct systems had been installed, not all evidence was destroyed. Two critical things were found:
    1. Chinese control actuators and guidance electronics. An obvious violation of UN sanctions by China, but for China a violation of NK agreement on what range missiles their tech was supposed to be used for.
    2. An unusual airframe design, unique to NK. All of NK’s previous missiles had been based on old Soviet or Chinese designs. NK was clearly trying to break free.

When China appeared to be initially getting tough on NK after Trump raised trade issues, they had other reasons to get tough on their disobedient bulldog. Embarrassing fragments from the sea of Japan would be top of the list. They were able to cut off the supply of light hydrocarbons for rocket fuel. Remember Kim responded by showing off his new solid fuel research facilities? Remember those unfortunate “accidents” with tanker to tanker exchanges at sea?

Given the systemic Chinese corruption, cutting off the flow of flight control tech was harder. However, they were able to cut off encrypted access to their BeiDou Navigation Satellite System. This is when Kim is reduced to making threats about a “40 mile ring fire around Guam”. That’s the CEP (Circular Error Probable) for their best MRBM without BeiDou GPS correction.

Now on the issue of going from atomic to thermonuclear capability. NK would never have had Tritium/Deuterium injection. But they could have built a Lithium-pack just like the early US efforts. Some would remember what went wrong with the US Castle-Bravo test. Got to be real sure about your Lithium isotopes. What happened to Kim’s mountain? Who supplied the Lithium? Bumping off a pudgy playboy in an airport is small beans in comparison to that little deception.

President Trump is offering Kim an alternate way to escape the hostage situation. Peace, prosperity and the freedom of South Korea. Even better, Kim gets to be the great Leader who brings it about. (I think there was a glossy video … )

But here’s the thing Sundance missed: Trump is not just signalling to China he knows they killed the pudgy playboy. He’s telling them just how bad it’s going to be if they dare killing, if they even dare even think about killing their hostage. If China kills President Trump’s good friend Kim, then Chinese approved DPRK generals won’t have time to find a TV camera to announce their “interim leadership” before the first cruise missiles hit.

• Robert Smith says:

Thanks for the additional detail.

• GB Bari says:

As to your last paragraph, I don’t believe Sundance missed that at all, although the specific consequences you or anyone would cite are as yet purely speculative.

I inferred from the article that PDJTs statement was a warning to Xi that Trump is completely aware of Chinas antagonist role in DPRK and that PDJT would do whatever it takes* to pressure China to back off if Kim chooses to work towards the end goals suggested by our President.

*Those actions could include more severe economic consequences such as even higher tariffs up to removing MFN status or even removing China from the WTO. Military options would be much lower on the list, IMO.

• WRB says:

And I would tell him [Kim] that would not happen under my auspices, that’s for sure.

That sure does sound like a promise to Kim, and a warning to somebody i.e. Xi
      There is some high-stakes games-man-ship going on before our very eyes.

• ILOT says:

I don’t think it comes to firing cruise missiles if Kim is taken out, at least I hope not. There aren’t enough people on the planet that would understand the justification let alone the number that would support the measure. Certainly our Congress would not support an act of war over a foreign assassination. My guess is that PDJT is studying Taiwan very closely, which oddly has NOT been in the news recently, but Hong Kong most certainly has. There is a model developed and the foundation is being laid to build that model in NK. Just my thoughts. The fact remains there is good reason to have fair trade with China but I fear the progressive left is making it hard by giving the Chinese an out with Russia…precisely what makes the idiots in Congress so dangerous by continuing this Russia charade. I for one believe it is all connected.

• konradwp1 says:

Cruise missiles is hyperbole on my part. The point is that President Trump is signaling that the way forward is his relationship with Kim, and any sort of coup to put NK under the control of the generals and return NK to vassal state of China will not serve China well.

21. Pyrthroes says:

Given Sundance’s ongoing behavioral insights into Hsi’s Red Dragon puppeteering, this Fu Manchu stuff makes eminent realpolitik sense. But as SD has also noted, Trump plays a threefold game (USMCA a crucial part)– cultivating Kim to peel NorKoms from Peking; subtly confronting Hsi to block ChiComs’ “New Silk Road” debt-peonage demarche; finally, leveraging regional coalitions allowing ChiComs to “save face” when Hsi’s belligerent diplo-military projects falter due to his New Mandarinate’s famously chauvinistic exploitation.

Most certainly, no prior U.S. President has displayed one-tenth Trump’s perspicacious global vision, unifying U.S. political-military policy under a free-market dynamic which global elites outside of Israel seem constitutionally unable to accommodate.

What’s truly extraordinary here is that Pres. Trump –an “American Original” like Jackson, Lincoln, TR, Truman, Reagan– is a one-man force of nature, “doing the right thing” for the mutual benefit of all concerned. How ultra-partisan domestic ideologues, among them the worst characters ever to strut the national scene, can willfully betray every classic American ideal with seeming political impunity is cause for serious concern.

• soozword says:

If Mexico’s govt leaders are smart, they are paying close attention to these Asian dynamics and adjusting their behavior accordingly with regards to the border issue. Recently that seems to be the case, but I wonder if they will drastically backslide in 2025 when PTrump is out of office. I guess that depends on who replaces him (the truly Irreplaceable One!).

22. Testname7 says:

Plus, (to the good comments), remember we hold our leaders to terms. While preferable, this is a huge disadvantage

23. Justin Green says:

it certainly puts tales of his executing one of his generals in a tank full of piranhas in a different light, lol.

• konradwp1 says:

“executing one of his [Chinese controlled] generals in a tank full of piranhas”

See how that works so much better? How can you blame Kim? Faced with the same problem you’d probably use sharks. With lasers on their noses!

• Greg1 says:

Laser guided sharks would be far more merciful that a plethora of pesky piranhas.

Just watched a show on piranhas last night. Gruesome way to die.

• Beau Geste says:

How do we know the piranha-food was “Chinese controlled”, rather than “Kim controlled”?

• konradwp1 says:

Trump can easily deal with Sleazy Joe.

With Biden so far ahead in the leftist lame scream meeja polling, Trump has perfect reason to include him in US / China negotiations. After all, Biden is going to be the next US president, right?

Trump just needs a quick hand shake and hug with Xi, and a light spritz of “Unicorn Magic” hairspray to the back of Xi’s hair. When Biden is presented to shake Xi’s hand, President Xi’s hair will be smelling like a 12 year old school-girl’s stationary set. Biden’s wet patch will be visible on camera even before he begins humping President Xi’s leg.

Serious question for folks in the US: it can’t possibly be Biden. Who is the hidden candidate? It can’t be the Hilderbeast. She’s got Binswanger’s disease. Sub-cortical neurological degeneration. Spasming, seizures and collapses. It’s just going to get worse.

Who is the hidden candidate?

• TarsTarkas says:

I thought Calamity Harris was the one, but she lacks HRC’s charisma. Stacy Abrams couldn’t carry her own state even with the super-duper black turnout, and the ‘stolen election’ meme getting old.

Michelle Obama. Because the Democrats want to get back to the glory days when they could spy on everyone with impunity and the MSM would say it’s all good.

• A t ranny perhaps to really fill out the agenda that is ongoing and sink this country into a complete state of immoral debauchery. If so will the public that hasn’t seen the videos of the (perhaps) mystery candidate (in photos and video) revealing a large package on occasion. Wind and dancing can be most helpful. Not to mention science of “builds” of men and women. I mean why would that matter, living a lie, and they want trust to lead a country.

His brother, as an asset ,would (I hope) would have been high priority. I imagine protocols and tradecraft would have been extreme high priority and need to know etc. This kind of informant would have been handled with kid, double top secrete, gloves.

How did China discover this. Wait, wasn’t there something about a illegal private server, some high level couple with heavy ties to China, etc etc. Of course it is all okey dokey, as there was not intent.

• grumpyqs says:

Michael and Barry; just call it an encore. Can you imagine the MSM coverage? See how many problems disappear overnight?

24. Caius Lowell says:

It is certainly reassuring that the Democrat Presidential candidate Joe Biden is bought and paid for by the PRC terror agent…

25. Bogeyfree says:

It all comes down to 2020 IMO.

PT there is a level of uncertainty from XI and Kim over these next 17 months in terms of will PT get re-elected so IMO this is the basis for the further down the road comment.

Everything is on hold until PT shows them he has 5.5 more years.

At that point Xi can’t wait out PT on the tariffs and his face saving chip will have to be played which is NK.

So in the meantime PT builds up his Indian-Asia Partnership division.

26. Some very interesting Treeper comments are on this post. One by DeOL really stood out: “President Reagan never had to deal with the domestic enemies that President Trump has had to face in addition to our foreign enemies.”

imho the major difference between the US and China – which PDJT is well aware of – is if push comes to shove, Xi has no problem losing/sacrificing millions while PDJT does.

• konradwp1 says:

Well, China has certainly made clear they have no problem sacrificing 25 million NK citizens to poverty to preserve a $400 billion per year trade imbalance in China’s favor.

Trump, on the other hand, has indicated he is fascinated with winning a 25 million citizen market, all apparently yearning for freedom (and also flat screen TVs, smart phones, cars, air conditioned homes and all that jazz).

• CharterOakie says:

Fair point. However, I took H&HC’s comment to mean sacrificing millions *of his own countrymen* in a war. Not $. But perhaps you understood it that way, too.

• highdezertgator says:

Suggest you check history on that…. Reagan had to deal with Cold War Deep State… military industrial complex was very active… Media attacked President Reagan relentlessly…. “He was going to “blow-up” the world”…. Oh! and his VP Bush was former head of CIA… Oh! and he got shot by assassin “Catcher in the Rye John Hinckley…. and on… and on..

• The Gipper Lives says:

Perversely, Reagan’s defeat of Soviet Communism abroad gave Democrats the freedom to go full-Communist here at home. Something sure did.

27. burginthorn says:

I wonder if part of President Trumps deal with the Chinese had a North Korea element that the Chinese simply refuse to consider?

28. Besides media who trusts CIA! FBI, CIA, NSA all corrupt at the top!

29. ddouthat09 says:

If NK hostage Kim can be rescued, it not only removes a threat but it also opens up a strategic resource. There is a huge deposit of rare earths in NK. The problem is not mining, it’s refining the ore. China controls the market now because its lax environmental regs allow refining at low cost. Deposits in US, Japan and others are non-competitive for this reason. With an open NK, it’s goodbye to China’s near monopoly and just about its last remaining non-military leverage.

Yet another strategic problem solved without needing Congress to act.

• TarsTarkas says:

Non-Chinese deposits will become instantly competitive if the Empire cuts off or restricts rare earth exports. Also there are very smart people working on ways to reduce or eliminate the need for rare earths in the products they are used in, because of the Empire’s previous games with rare earths. It’s like ‘peak oil’; when the price goes up, the ‘peak oil’ goalpost moved.

30. OhNoYouDont says:

June 12th – It’s been exactly one year since the Singapore Summit

May not seem like much (only a 15 minute meeting) but this the highest-level inter-Korean meeting in months

31. Beigun says:

There is a problem with SD’s excellent analysis on the DPRK dance with China.

Former USMC (CIA?) busting into the DPRK Embassy in Madrid just a few months ago…stealing electronics or helping someone defect? Hmmm. How about trying to upset the Trump-Kim march to peace? A peaceful outcome and reunified Korea (no matter the political integration) will cause the whole Pacific basing strategy to be rejiggered. It is called the “Sunset Clause” in government….job done, so go home and stop spending taxpayers money. That is MAGA on the 2016 campaign trail. Big drawdown of USFK and USFJ in Korea and Japan…those old DEFPLANS go kaput. So, who would object to Fortress America? China? Japan?

Koreans believe that Southern Manchuria is the ancient territory of Korea and they have a lot of history for that argument. Korea has always been considered the “Shrimp between Whales” and has acted accordingly…asking assistance from the Czar after Queen Min was assassinated by Japanese yakuza before the Russo-Japanese War over Korea.

Maybe Trump is saying he would not let the CIA go rogue on his watch…but maybe part of it already has?

Nixon on Japan, when asked if Japan could bring Democracy to China: “You must be smoking pot!”

BTW, Japan funded the DPRK via pachinko parlors for decades, and one Japanese company was caught selling rocket fuel mixing equipment to Pyongyang about 15 years ago. There is a “Fog of Peace” just as in War.

32. The Gipper Lives says:

Chinese, Iranian and North Korean agents all rolled-up under Brennan’s watch. Weird.

33. railer says:

Very astute observation of a subtle but important point.

Nice outline.

34. Ken Maritch says:

Question: Does NK have any rare metal reserves?

35. joeknuckles says:

Sundance, I think I understand what you are saying. China has a Deep State controlling North Korea, just like they did here until Trump came along.

Think about it.

36. xenosonice says:

Maybe I missed it, but has CTH offered insight as to why Trump/Pompeo decided it would be better for Pompeo to be at State instead of at CIA? Given the, uhh, adversarial relationship that the previous administration’s CIA had with Trump, I would think Trump would want a Tier 1 ally as CIA director. I suppose the obvious answer is that Trump prioritized the economic/diplomatic mission of the State Department over all else, and Trump simply couldn’t count on anybody else to do the job.

37. 335blues says:

Communist china and russia, but mostly communist china are at the root
    of much of the evil in the world today.
    If the people of the world were thinking straight they would band together
    and refuse to do business with the chicoms, destroy their susceptible economy,
    and drive the communist party out of power.
    The chinese communist party under the maniacal dictator Xi desires to actually
    control the world. Sound crazy? Believe it, it’s true.

38. chojun says:

Don’t forget that Hillary Clinton’s e-mail server was compromised by China and shortly after that a number of CIA informants in China were executed. I think it likely that Kim jong-nam was compromised by this breach.

At any rate I wholeheartedly agree that Trump undercut the entire system by meeting directly with Kim jong-un.

The entirety of the Korean saga is a heartbreaking one. The Chinese Communist machine is responsible for millions upon millions of deaths in human history.

• chojun says:

I feel like the only reason why the Jewish Holocaust gets so much attention and reverence is because it was perpetrated at the hands of the extreme-right Nazi Party in Germany.

Yet history tends to ignore the orders of magnitude greater holocaust of people at the hands of extreme-left Communism (USSR, China, Cambodia, etc), which is an active force in the world today.

• 335blues says:

“Extreme right”? NAZI stands for national socialist workers party.
        The “extreme right” moniker is fake news planted by the news media
        to convince people the nazis weren’t leftists, but they were.

• Louisiana Tea Rose says:

One of the few redeeming qualities of never-Trumper Jonah Goldberg is a little book called “Liberal Fascism” that explores this very concept. Histoically, Nazism was explained throughout academia as a right-wing pheonomenon, but that is a false construct: fascism is totally of the Left, and centers on the bundling of controlling the means of production of a state. FAKE HISTORY FROM FAKE ACADEMIA AND FAKE MEDIA. TOTAL LEFT.

• CharterOakie says:

Right.
            But because many Nazi leaders were racist, it’s convenient for the Left to dub them as “Far Right” instead.

• Maquis says:

Yup, the European political scale with Communism on the Left and Fascism on the Right is a senseless self-serving false choice between barely discernable flavors of a single totalitarian ideology.

Whereas the scale as we understand it has a grounding in our conception of the relationship between Human Freedom and government control. Totalitarianism, of any any every persuasion on the extreme Left, and Anarchy on the extreme Right. Total Government or No Government.

Obviously, there is no true freedom in either extreme, some government us needed to establish order and protect life and property and enable comnerce. But not too much.

The Left manipulates and conflates bith political scales to confuse the people and fabricate their narrative as they work to establish their new Totalitarianism, same as the old Totalitarianism.

• emeraldcoaster says:

Amen. As I recall, Goldberg said the Communists (i.e., Stalin) labeled the Nazis as right wing to contrast the two totalitarian styles. Just because the Nazis were right of the Stalinists didn’t mean Hitler’s Nazis were anywhere near traditionalists—much less supporters of individual (conservative) liberty. Goldberg’s book is a good read and well documented, and it’s cover is very apropos.

• chojun says:

See my response to Katherine McCou. I stand by my statement.

• Matthew LeBlanc says:

You are victim of fake news. They have been trying to equate Nazis with the right when in fact they were far left and won the battle over the communists in Germany. Of course our own fake news and fake academia like to gloss over the fact Hitler got many of his ideas from the US progressives who loved Eugenics.

• Katherine McCou says:

“Far right” ..???

Well, I guess that is my fake news of the day.

Sad attempt to hijack the thread, distract from the real issues and sow seeds of fake news and revisionist history.

Not wasting time as there is no debate on this and it is far off topic

• chojun says:

I knew I was making a controversial statement but I stand by it. And before jumping down my throat, perhaps you (and the others responding) ought to study Political Science a bit and refresh yourselves on the fact that the political spectrum is not a left-right linear spectrum but is indeed has 2 dimensions of traditional /conservative vs. progressive/radical and another dimension of authoritarian vs. libertarian.

The United States was founded on on the Constitution against a center right classical liberal philosophy of a self-governing Republic and Fascist Nazism is established on an ultra right-wing aspect on the political spectrum which not only recognizes inequality but embraces it in the form of xenophobic nationalism and enforces it via totalitarian dictatorships. This is NOT the same type of (small-‘L’) libertarian Nationalism which is Trump’s Tea Party MAGA movement which recognizes American Exceptionalism but respects all other sovereign nationalities and peoples.

The US population’s general failure to recognize the true political spectrum is why we have two wings of the SAME authoritarian UniParty where both sides seek an ever-expanding Government to secure its individual political goals.

• CountryDoc says:

I pray that when the dust settles, Hillary his held responsible for the deaths in Benghazi and the CIA informants in China. Do we have good documentation of the China compromise of the server and the link to the CIA informant deaths? or is just this rumor/hearsay?

39. Brainiac says:

SD’s analysis is stellar. This makes me think that the ChiComs are considering a hit on Kim if the relationship with Pres Trump impairs their plans.

40. Louisiana Tea Rose says:

Sundance, this is SHEER BRILLIANCE. The more I think about it, the more I realize that PEACE THROUGH TRADE IS THE KEY TO PEACE THROUGHOUT. Behavior modification through tariff is becoming a game changer.

Only an outsider could have figured this out. Talk about turning reality on it’s head….

This is amazing! Pulitzer isn’t good enough for your body of work.

41. Child of Morning says:

S what’s the end game?

42. TMonroe says:

What better place for decoder rings than the treehouse

43. Right to reply says:

All very interesting considering the protest currently taking place in Hong Kong…

44. cheewaawaa says:

Remember, Kim doesn’t have an aircraft that can fly more than a couple hundred miles. He had to “borrow” a plane to go to Singapore.

When I saw him looking at the inside of the Beast, I knew then he is a better man than he lets on and I understood that he is controlled by China

45. subro52 says:

The fact that our current MSM Journalists have no idea of the China/North Korea dynamic speaks to the across the board void of real news that we can trust available. Is there no one who wants to investigate and uncover what is so obvious?

Oh yes, I forgot…that would make PDJT look wise and in command of his foreign policy…so the present day journalists prefer to remain in the dark!

46. sunnyflower5 says:

Fox’s Outnumbered carted out Bill Richardson so they can muddle and screw with the Trump Administration work.

47. 6x47 says:

Reading your conjecture about the Xi/Kim/Trump dynamic, I am struck by how measured and rational you are compared to the Wictorism of certain other blogs and Twitter accounts. Sundance doesn’t posit super secret squirrel commando raids or fabulous nonsense.

Just a simple observation, supported by evidence: Chairman Kim is a puppet controlled by China, his regime is full of Chinese agents, and Trump is attempting to disrupt Xi’s control of his vassal by publicly engaging him. This makes it more difficult for China to exert pressure on Kim without embarrassing exposure.

48. pochas94 says:

Worried that some nations (Germany, England, Australia, Japan, Canada) are adopting ruinous and unnecessary climate policies. Looks to me like possibly hysterical virtue signaling in overreaction to Trump’s trade dealings. Not good for trade with or quality of life in these unfortunate countries.

• Katherine McCoun says:

Newsflash: They are adopting ruinous and unnecessary climate policies. It is present and past tense not a possible future tense.

That is one more reason that many supported and voted for President Trump –>> he pulled us out of Paris Agreement that would have lead the US to do the same

These are Not current reactions to President Trump but long planned events and policies.

Electing President Trump was a reaction against those policies. These policies are not a reaction to him.

49. Reynolds88 says:

I think the hidden candidate is Michael Bloomberg who has multi-billions and has been circling the dem primaries like a hawk. He has the advantage over Soros in that he is legitimate as a former elected official and although his aims are similar he seems less overtly evil. I believe Bloomie will wait and then make alignment with the top liberal-leftist (Warren or Harris) and try to finance their victory maybe even as a “Rockefeller-Democrat” VP statesman candidate. He is of the Aristocratic knows better than you mold. Beware, he has the money, he is ruthless and hates Trump but he cannot see that his nanny-state arrogance will not work in freedom loving America.

• Reynolds88 says:

The comment above was meant as a reply to konradwp1. As to this thread overall, I agree that public statements are often coded messages. I like that SD is willing to point out that simple public words may have serious meaning that can be much intended to advance the postion of the speaker in this case President Trump and our foreign policy.

50. Brian Baker says:

“I just received a beautiful letter from Kim Jong Un. I can’t show you the letter, obviously”

I wish POTUS would have pulled a piece of paper out of his jacket and said it was the letter, just to mess with his detractors.