Secretary Wilbur Ross Discusses End of NAFTA, Beginning of USMCA…

U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross gives an interview to Fox Business Maria Bartiromo and discusses the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA).  Secretary Ross notes the gains in e-commerce and the dairy industry.   Also worth noting, the Steel and Aluminum tariffs remain in place.

This entry was posted in Auto Sector, Canada, Donald Trump, Economy, Legislation, media bias, Mexico, NAFTA, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to Secretary Wilbur Ross Discusses End of NAFTA, Beginning of USMCA…

1. Randall Finley says:

Read the link to SIDE AGREEMENTS. Clearly a big win for USA

• fleporeblog says:

This is a HUGE win for our country! I LOVE when the Wilburine decided to slap around Maria’s talking point about if the Democrats win the House and say no to this new deal and state that they would rather keep NAFTA. Our Wilburine shared exactly what I have been saying. Our President can terminate NAFTA with a stroke of the pen (about 7:30 in the video). I so badly wanted our President to answer the MSM earlier today by saying the same thing. Maybe he is leaving that incredible news for his rally in TN this evening.

Canada played a game of Russian Roulette with 5 bullets in a 6 gun chamber. When AMLO told Justin on Friday that Mexico would be the first to terminate NAFTA and move forward with the bilateral deal with our country, they put the 6th bullet into the final chamber. Justin was screwed and our President and his Killers decided to have him pull the trigger and join the deal.

• fleporeblog says:

As for the other BS she was pushing about the 4th Quarter, the Atlanta Federal Reserve just revised their 3rd Quarter real GDP rate from 3.6% to 4.1%.

• GB Bari says:

Flep – I’ve listened to her in this interview and may I offer an observation? (well I will anyway 🙂 )

I’ve been thinking that Maria was still being of Globalist mindset and not fully “getting it.” I think I’ve been wrong for awhile.

I think Maria is asking those “pushback” questions to represent the naysayers and the opposition’s typical complaints. When Wilbur replies smartly, she remarks “Ok,” “uh-huh”, “right”, but does not dispute or push back further. She accepts his answers.

IMHO she just may well be deliberately setting him up with “soft lobs” so that he can knock them out of the park. What do you think?

• Disgusted says:

So many of us are so hopeful and trusting of our new President and his quite stunning cabinet, we try desperately to understand what they are trying to explain, but without a way to do so. I wish White House would provide a learning channel option with complete layman ready explanations or primarys. Marie is not up to the job. Her idea of asking a question to help listeners get what is happening? Does Wilber expect push back from the left! No thanks Maria. Don’t care. Maybe ask him to write a book or nationally available text or explanation. Having any explanation filtered through television people is useless.

2. Stunning work, I can’t wait to see the rest of the details.

3. duchess01 says:

My hero, Secretary Ross – when I need to understand the particulars of what is happening – he is like the ‘Professor in the Room’ who can explain what others either cannot articulate or break down into substantiative parts – from a Secretary Ross interview – we cannot help but, emerge more knowledgeable than we were before he began to speak – Love this guy!

4. Ditch Mitch says:

SD, thanks for posting. Maria is a bit early for us deplorables on the leftist coast. Great interview.

• White Apple says:

I don’t see what people get excited about Maria. He voice and accent drives me up a wall. Plus, I don’t see her as being all that bright.

• Ditch Mitch says:

Her morning show is subordinate to FBN so it is not so good. Maria’s 1 on 1 interviews are quite different. Maria is always well prepared knowing the subject matter and associated material and asks good questions. Maria asks good followup questions which is the best way for me to evaluate an interview.

• GB Bari says:

Her voice is a bit on the harsh edge but she moves her program along on a fast pace and packs a lot in. She interviews well; doesn’t usually interrupt too much, and accepts good informative answers without all the “but. but… but..” that we get on the other shows and networks.

And she is easy on the eyes, but I’m a guy so I’m biased….. 🙂

5. TheWanderingStar says:

“Win, win, win trifecta!” – Wilbur Ross

6. Summer says:

Maria didn’t sound enthusiastic about the new agreement in this segment, in my opinion. I know she is against tariffs but come on, show a bit of support.
    Mr. Ross was magnificent and unperturbed as usual.

• Disgusted says:

What a PERFECT description of him! “Unperturbed”. You capture it! Cannot imagine him ever getting as flustered as Larry Kudlow did, or as passion as Mick can become, but that is his magic!

7. Jesse says:

Wilbur Ross is a national treasure. I remember the teens a few years ago saying something to the affect of “Like a Boss.” This saying should be “Like a Ross.” If someone wants to make shirts with his picture and the saying “Like a Ross” on it, I’d but them.

Jesse

8. Sentient says:

MSNBC talking heads were (of course) pooh-poohing this deal, saying “it’s basically what TPP would have been”. Riiiiight… because having dispute mechanisms with 2 adjacent countries is exactly the same as having unelected dispute courts with half of the world… NOT. The media buffoons haven’t read one sentence of the deal. They just start spouting off to try to hurt Trump.

9. Margaret Berger says:

Let’s hear it for some old business dudes with common sense!

10. Ironclaw says:

This is what happens when you put in placed people who have actually accomplished something and have a track record for success.

• MightyMustardSeed says:

Ha! Yes Ironclaw

If success makes you prideful, and failure makes you humble…

Why is BO, with his nose in the air, still out in the world working
      to convince world leaders to subvert President Trump’s stunning success?

Are you watching John Kerry?

11. Having a liberal economist in your family is reason enough to practice birth control to avoid another.

• GB Bari says:

A liberal economist? Didn’t know there were such critters…

I figured Liberal economics consisted of “I can do x, y, and z for you. Just give me the money. All of it.”

12. jmclever says:

Leaving steel and aluminum tariffs a genius move to keep the squeeze on China.
    wolverines!!!

13. Weird. I thought old white men were useless.

14. jmclever says:

If Congress rejects the new agreement, AMLO can still withdraw and we still win

15. Anonymous says:

That “giant sucking sound” H. Ross Perot warned us about is now gone.

16. The Boss says:

Secretary Ross got to play the role of Reverend Ross this morning, and speak a few words over the corpse of NAFTA.

RIP. Adios. Adieu.

17. :-) says:

Is it just me, or does anyone else look at ‘wise’ Wilbur Ross and think to themselves ‘Yoda’?

18. Sweet Old Bob says:

USMCA = ” you smacka ” and USA yes you did !

19. railer says:

Wilbur says the steel and aluminum tariffs stay on as before, and there is no timeline for their removal.<——————period

BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

20. wolfmoon1776 says:

Love me some WILBURINE!

21. Need more info on these side agreements. Media don’t talk about it at all and think USMCA is just NAFTA or TPP

22. tonyE says:

It does sound like YMCA.

I guess they’ll bring the Village People to sing it? 😉

23. Fools Gold says:

Love Wilbur! “We shall see” in regard to China! Right now we’re gonna enjoy our North American Trifecta Winimin!

24. leftnomore says:

Trump has checkmated the Dems with this move. As Wilbur said, just try and campaign against the USMCA. When the Rs in upcoming debates challenge their D adversaries as to how they’ll vote on it, the Ds will be boxed into giving a delightful response. If yes, they’ll be ostracized from the party. If no, they’re opposing the economy. Brilliant move DT.