Deep State Swamp Hits Back

The New York Times narrative engineers: Maggie Haberman, Peter Baker and Gardiner Harris are attempting to create division between President Trump and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in an entirely manufactured hit piece against the Trump administration.

According to their script, which again requires “anonymous or invisible sources“, the White House is considering a replacement for Secretary of State Tillerson.

Nonsense.

Beyond the customary pro-active contingency plans, that are always in place for succession planning amid top level leadership, the narrative as being distributed is 100% pure agenda-driven horsepucky.

The media agenda here is clear.  Secretary of State Rex is methodically downsizing the State Department and reversing the current mission of the agency away from interventionist globalism, and back toward common sense foreign policy.

The position of hundreds of pontificating sanctimonious career bureaucrats are being dissolved.  The Deep State is being deconstructed and the globalists are apoplectic.

That reality has created the need for left-wing propaganda pushers like the New York Times to create narratives to defend their Deep State Swamp interests. Nothing more.

Additionally, the objective in this media endeavor is a familiar pattern; try to create a self fulfilling prophecy by creating division between the ranks of key administration officials. In these efforts the Murdoch Clan (Fox News) is in direct alignment with the Slim Clan (New York Times).

Remember, the entrenched swamp professional political embeds from the State Dept leak to CNN and the New York Times.  The Intel embeds leak to the Washington Post.

To drive the wedge between T-Rex and President Trump the NYT relies on dredging up old previously used division stories and attempt to present them as a backdrop for their renewed efforts.  THIS TOO WILL FAIL.

We noted yesterday the first indications that something was shuffling around in the shadows near the horizon.  President Trump has pushed through all attempts to destabilize his agenda advancement.

With momentum in the tax reform agenda and with economic reality of a growing economy, POTUS Trump has the aggregate political enemy on its heels. It should be obvious to political followers now how the collective DC UniParty apparatus attempts to reposition when in retreat.

The GOPe and Democrat opposition, the UniParty, utilize their familiar media engineers to push back.  That’s why we saw Marco Rubio on the FOX TeeVee last night with his Rubio/Schumer amendment (Rubio and Schumer… I mean c’mon, duh), and that also leads toward this insufferable New York Times attack approach.

It’s all connected.

The “Big Ugly” is a 360° battlespace.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, media bias, President Trump, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

317 Responses to Pure Political Propaganda – Narrative Engineers Try to Divide Trump and Tillerson…

1. Rex says:

Some rino radio show, Bryan Kilmead? was nattering about this earlier today.
    (Oh, he’s a big Trump fan, don’t-cha-know. Except he ALWAYS uses every available msm talking point to “inform” his audience)

• hanna693 says:

That is so true – Brian Kilmeade tries to mask his hate for the president, but it slips out about every 10 minutes. He’s a Lindsay Graham fan boy. He was out for Roy Moore’s blood, and barely mentioned Matt Lauer and Al Franken He was annoyed they actually distracted from Roy Moore. FOX clearly has a pro-establishment part to their organization.

• jmuniz1 says:

We are in this position because of FOX News. Murdoch is CFR. He was Clinton’s biggest donors. do not even watch them I watch One America News Network. Hannity had a guy on from the Heritage foundation. They are our enemy? So is freedom works be careful what you sign. Numbers USA is great for our President’s agenda.

• Madi says:

Yes . They are part of the swamp…False, soft opposition.
          Trunews.com and Vladtepesblog.com , are excellent . Citizens are reporting on those websites USA, Canada and Europe.
          Alex Jones had an expert yesterday reporting on the shooting in Las Vegas.
          In Quebec last year, the shooting of the mosque they are still looking at finding an attorney that will represent the « shooter » who apparently was not there that day.
          Nobody is aloud to ask question in Quebec…just like all records of Obama have been sealed why? Cruz records all sealed too.

• Donna in Oregon says:

I notice it is always the book writers that become Establishment suck-ups.

Bill O’Reilly started writing books and became a pussycat.

Kilmeade is probably having issues with remembering how all suck-ups end up…..like Matt Lauer.

• jmuniz1 says:

This site and news with views are the best in my opinion. Breitbart is not the same since Trump won.

• Kent says:

Thanks for the heads up on One America News Network….I’ve wanted to cut the Fox clicks out for a long time but need a national/international news source. OANN looks good.

• Madi says:

Trunews on Line. Christian radio, TV show. Totally politically incorrect.
              Vladtepesblog.com
              Gatewaypundit.com
              Alex Jones , Michael Savage WLOB 3 pm to 6pm
              Of course conservative tree is excellent too.

• sat0422 says:

Breitbart hasn’t been right since Andrew Breitbart died. It really was bad for about three years after his death and then became a little better. Now, it is awful again. I’ve been reading over there for years and it is tough to even go there now.

• mariner says:

ALL of Fox is pro-establishment.

Generally I translate that as “anti-MAGA”.

• Ellen says:

I’m glad to know that I am not alone in my assessment of Brian Kilmeade. I was beginning to think that I was the only one on CTR who seemed to notice his RINO leanings. At least Steve and Ainsley give off body language of disapproval when Brian makes some of his more ignorant remarks.

• MustangBlues says:

Totally agree.

• Agree, Rex. Bryan always seems a bit Rino. Again he’s pushing another book someone else wrote for him.

• frankie says:

Agree.

Schoolgirl Brian Kilmeade has a crush on Swamp GOPers. And he is always finding ways to attack President Trump with his bitchy “I wish Trump would stop ….” whining. Like reruns of “One Day at a Time” or “Mary Tyler Moore.”

(For you younger Treepers, the first “career gal” on TV was not MTM. Our Miss Brooks, Honey West, Agent 99, Lucy after she divorced Desi, black actress Diahann Carroll (“Julia”), Doris Day, and even Shirley Booth (“Hazel”) and Jack Webb’s ex Julie London, who he hired to play Nurse Dixie on “Emergency” when she was down on her luck all had prior claims to that role. Barbara Hale, who portrayed Della Street, the sly assistant to Perry Mason, was the best of the early career gals. Ms. Hale said she was glad she didn’t have any romantic entanglements in the scripts, because she didn’t want her teenage boys seeing her nuzzle anyone but their Dad. Another sensible woman.)

Kilmeade has a book out on Andrew Jackson. When sales fade, Kilmeade will “discover” Jackson owned slaves and was tough on the Five Civilized Tribes. Then he’ll virtue-signal against slavery and Indian removal.

• singingsoul says:

Brian K, Haberman and all others are not significant in my life and are not worth watching. Why spend my time so they can hits to make money. We make the relevant or not.
        I chose the not !..:)

• wj2016 says:

Kilmeade is an annoying neocon who support anything that gets America into wars.

Andrew Jackson was a great man and a visionary despite what the lunatic Glenn Beck says. Probably no other president has shaped this country as greatly. What is really distressing is seeing Republicans smear him because he was a Democrat, as it that is relevant 180 years later.

• MustangBlues says:

Very spot on, nailed it.

2. Niagara Frontier says:

You can also smell their desperation by the increasing vitriol in their rhetoric and how they purport to speak for the entire world.

I caught just a minute of Nicolle Wallace today referring to the President as “a scourge on the world stage.” Her companions chimed in with the following descriptors for the President’s approach to foreign policy: “ignorant…grotesque…monstrous.”

This is language being fed to them directly from those in State hanging on to their power by their fingernails.

• mtkennedy21 says:

She did more than anyone else to demonize Sarah Palin as a supposed sympathetic McCain staff member during the election. She describes herself as “Republican” but we know better.

• CharterOakie says:

Correct.

Wallace is the one that arranged to have Sarah interviewed by Wallace’s buddy, Katie Couric. There were hours of taped interview, but CBS edited it down to the bits that they thought would show Palin in the worst light, i.e. when she was so annoyed with Couric for repeatedly badgering her about her pro-life conviction that she lost patience and didn’t feel like specifically answering Couric’s condescending question about “what newspapers and magazines do you read?” Couric (the b!tch), and the Left generally, then played Palin’s annoyed, non-specific answer as “she couldn’t even name one newspaper that she reads!”

Meanwhile Sarah Palin has been a voracious reader since childhood, especially of newspapers, and is known to have a photographic memory. She reads and retains all kinds of information and could run intellectual circles around Wallace and Couric combined (b!tches both).

• ADDgolfer says:

I have always felt an up close and personal interview should have a 10th of a second clock in the corner.
          I may not have noticed it before, but James O’Keefe is using one on his Project Veritas videos

• Maquis says:

That’s a good idea.

Interviewees could also ask “mind if I tape this, too?” as they pull out their own recorder, with a time stamp just as you suggest.

They could even simply pull out a clock running tenths-of-a-seconds and place it where the cameta cannot avoid it.

There just has to be ways for decent folk to turn these games back on the heads of these anti-patriots.

3. TexasRanger says:

Rex Tillerson’s Main Job As Secretary Of State

For SOS Tillerson, applying the methods of corporate downsizing to the federal government is more than just a side job, it’s the job—one he considers essential to the nation’s ability to conduct foreign policy.

Tillerson, in an interview with Bloomberg Businessweek on Oct. 19. So far he’s traveled less than half as much as John Kerry and Hillary Clinton had at this point in their terms.

In Tillerson’s view, the State Department needs a dramatic private-sector-style makeover—a “redesign,” as he calls it. An outline of his plan sent to Congress in August is written in the opaque jargon of corporate management consultants: Tillerson envisions “an evidence-based and data-driven process to enhance policy formulation and execution, as well as optimize and realign our global footprint.”

In a speech to the staff in September at the U.S. Embassy in London, Tillerson acknowledged the five-alarm fires in the world—North Korea, a soured relationship with Russia, the war in Syria, and the lasting violence of Libya’s civil war.

But those problems, he said, weren’t as crucial as getting State’s house in order. “The most important thing I can do is to enable this organization to be more effective, more efficient, and for all of you to take greater satisfaction in what you do day in and day out,” he said. “Because if I accomplish that, that will go on forever, and you will create the State Department of the future.”

Usually cautious and taciturn, Tillerson gets excited discussing his reorg plan. “When you do organizational redesign, it has a number of elements to it. There’s the organization chart itself, the boxes, and who reports to whom, but the most important aspect is always the process by which the work gets done,” he says.

A successful structure is one where people are “interfacing with others” without obstacles. Tillerson’s redesign is expected to cut spending by $5 billion to $10 billion and slash about 8 percent of career staff.

Full Story Bloomberg Business Week;

John Kelly “No Plan to Replace Rex Tillerson”

4. Sandra-VA says:

The reason everyone is talking about this is simply because it was in the NYTimes. That is all.

It does not take away from the fact that Maggie and Peter took all the conspiracy crap off of twitter (a la Cernovich/Bannon et al) and merged it with other twitterers (i.e. other “reporters”) saying that Tillerson and Trump were not sympatico in the approach to foreign policy this entire past year, speculating if Pompeo would take over blah blah blah. As soon as I read their story, I knew it was garbage.

Why they did it is addressed in Sundance’s post above.

We, at CTH, already KNOW this is all lies and anyone coming here to trash Tillerson in light of these ridiculous lies is just a shill on behalf of those that are trying to bring down the Trump Administration.

If ANYONE bothered to listen to Tillerson AND Trump AND Haley – they would realize that they are on the same page and enacting a very well crafted approach. (Many thanks to Sundance who always shines the spotlight on truth).

• Minnie says:

⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Moultrie Flag says:

I would agree with you, but I watched Fox for literally 12 hours today.

It was a hit job, even in the face of trying to bat it all down.

Tie this back into Sundance’s article about Ingram’s interview last night and not calling out Rubio’s doublespeak.

• mariner says:

Thank you, Sandra.

I don’t know what’s up with Breitbart, and I never visited that site anyway.

I constantly hear all kinds of anti-Bannon b.s., but I’ve listened to every word I can find of Bannon’s public statements and can’t hear a reason for any of it. Bannon is 100% on the Trump train.

Apparently few people consider the possibility that both Trump and Bannon are sowing disinformation to confuse the MSM and get them to make [greater] fools of themselves. I remember hearing last spring that President Trump specifically encouraged WH personnel to spread stories about discord among the staff, and this fits right in.

“Trump is about to fire Tillerson”, “Tillerson called the President a moron”, “Trump is dissatisfied with the SoS”, etc.

I chuckle and wonder how many times this will work with them.

• Maquis says:

I know it’s garbage when I read the headline.

No sense wasting time beyond that.

5. brucefdb says:

Well said Sundance. The snobs are in a snit someone is messing their sandbox.

6. Ernest Marsalis says:

Sitting at O’Hare forced to watch CNN devote a 1/2 hour of this BS story. Sources say my ass.

7. citizen817 says:

8. StanH says:

When I heard it on the radio this morning my crapometer went off the scale. Anytime that I hear something from the MSM, I don’t believe it, I wait for White House confirmation. To be fair I quit believing the press decades ago.

9. ALEX says:

This is one reason I barely watch FOX and obviously not the rest of the “news”..It’s why I don’t listen to talk radio much at all anymore..Whether it be FOX,Limbaugh,Hannity etc they are obsessed with playing and talking about CNN,MSNBC.NYT, etc etc…I don’t care what these people think or I would watch…

I have made a habit of watching OANN( One America News). The six o’clock news gives me all I need and dozens of stories from around the world and only positive Trump stories…Imwould like to thank Sundance and his entire crew at CTH..

10. jmclever says:

This is like Khan versus Kirk in the Mutara Nebula. The Swamp and the Deep State can only think in terms of trite, traditional strategies where Trump fights from every angle and option.

• What we are engaged in is deadly and unscripted, with no last minute plot devices to keep the hero alive.

We don’t even know the names of the enemies except that they are “Legion”.

We need more heroes because we are too vulnerable to a simple decapitation.

11. Joe Blow says:

Not only are the leftist enemedia repugnant & mendacious, they are also masochists. All these lies ever end up doing is adding to their never-ending cycle of madness & causing them to go further & further off the deep end of sanity. Lord forgive me, but there is a part of me that enjoys that very much.

• fuzzi says:

Joe, recall Psalm 2:4, where the Lord is laughing at those who are full of their self importance: “He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.”

12. POP says:

The no holds barred PTrump tweeting frontal attack is excellent…..Paton would approve. We don’t do static defence.
    Finally a President who says what the man in the street thinks and means it.
    Finally a President who takes them on instead of the prevarication and apologetic hand wringing of Obama and Bush…..where every problem ended with a whimper in the direction of the crony Statists.

I pray for PTrump’s security, the Uniparty will not tolerate being marginalised.

• Joe Blow says:

Psalm 118:6-7

“The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.
      What can man do to me?

The Lord is on my side as my helper;
      I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.”

13. citizen817 says:

• wholland50 says:

Welp, that’s that. So then we have to ask why the NYT ran a piece that is so easily refuted, and why today? They surely knew it would only continue to erode their credibility, but to them it was worth it. This makes it easy, then, to figure out what is really important to them as we work backwards towards their motives.

14. Bud Klatsch says:

Hey Sundance, how come I cannot, ‘like’ a post? i can reply, but not like???

• Sylvia Avery says:

I could only like posts by signing up for a free Word Press account and then logging on to CTH through my WP account. I can read and I can reply just by coming to CTH, but that is the only way I could “like” comments.

But that’s just my story. I’m not very sophisticated with the mysterious ways of the interwebs.

• mariner says:

I tried that and couldn’t get a WordPress account without creating a blog or e-commerce site.

I finally decided “liking” comments wasn’t all that important.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Oh yeah, I forgot. It’s free, but you have to create a blog. If you’re curious, click on my name and it will take you to my blog. Except there’s nothing to see because I don’t use it.

• WSB says:

I have an account as well, but do not use it at all for anything else! It works with the stars, though!!!

• Blade says:

You don’t have to sign up with WordPress ( and create a blog or site there ). Go through Gravatar instead.

Create an account at … http://en.gravatar.com/
          Select an image, set name, prefs and visible info
          Then “login” there, don’t logout again
          Then come back here and reload the page

WordPress will pick up the Gravatar login and use it on all WordPress hosted blog pages.

NOTE-1: in order to “like” comments on WordPress blogs they need you to be logged in to either ( Gravatar or WordPress ) *before* the page loads. So logging out of either will neutralize this ability. Therefore, if you set your browser to private browsing or deleting cookies and other higher security defaults this will likely defeat the ability as well. Also, you might need to periodically re-login at Gravatar for other unknown reasons. So keep a bookmark to your Gravatar profile page handy.

NOTE-2: the “liking” of comments will not work once you are placed in the penalty box ( on automatic moderation list ). Then you will click the “like” button and nothing happens at all regardless of being logged in at Gravatar or WordPress..

• brucefdb says:

My story the same as Sylvia’s Bud.

• Ber Knar says:

Just reply

“like”

15. modustollenz says:

This is the difference between a MAGA agenda that is positive, pro-American and for every American, and based in sound principled actions that will restore our economy and standing in the world that can be clearly and proudly articulated and the uniparty agenda that is devious, relies on subterfuge and obfuscation because it relies on darkness. This is an epic and perhaps final chance for this great country of ours and thank God for Pres. Trump and his team. This country was founded by principled, courageous and Divinely inspired heroes that threw off the shackles of oppression and recognized each person’s inalienable right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness given to them by God above. To me, we are at the same crossroad as they were in 1776 and Trump is our General Washington.

16. Miles Rost says:

And this is why I make sure to drop stories here first, so that they can be torn apart thoroughly. Thank you, SD, for doing this.

17. trapper says:

“The New York Times Editorial Board is tweeting here to urge the Senate to reject a tax bill that hurts the middle class.”

Since when does the New York Times give a crap about the American middle class? The answer of course is that they don’t. McCain supports the Senate bill. That should scream out at you. So, what’s going on?

The anti-Trumpers are setting a “read my lips” trap for our president. The bill that will pass will give serious tax increases to some middle class taxpayers, and give small reductions to others, roughly evenly divided (I’ve seen estimates of 60% of the middle class getting an increase).

The objective is to divide Trump supporters and pit us against each other. We’ve already seen it on this site, with low-tax-staters railing against Trump supporters in high tax states when we complain that we are getting a tax INCREASE. Divide us, and conquer our president. If SALT and/or mortgage interest deductions are reduced or eliminated, it will kill new housing construction in high tax states. The NYT is setting up their “we told you so” narrative so that they and the democrats can bludgeon our president with it after he signs it.

It’s a trap. Veto the bill. Then go on TV, call them out by name, and blow up their game.

18. A2 says:

I just woke up and drinking a cup of coffee, perused the Presidential thread. Unbelievable. So I did a spin through the world news and there were hundreds of stories from Al Jazeera to the Ukraine repeating the NYT winner of the fiction award short story that had zero named sources. The only named sources were those people in the Administration debunking the claim.

• Landslide says:

“…..the NYT winner of the fiction award short story….” 👍🏻👍🏻 Love it! Must be a category in The Fakeys! 😂

• Sylvia Avery says:

A2 thanks for your interesting thoughts:

“In my opinion, timing is everything. Sec Tillerson is scheduled for a big trip to reassure our allies in Europe and to begin the pushback against Russian aggression in Ukraine.

This NYT story was to undermine his credibility worldwide by suggesting he does not have the trust and support of the President and therefore speaks for him in any negotiations. This is fifth columnist activity.”

I read your interesting comments right after I had read this article linked below that says Donald Trump won’t be going to UK in January as planned because PM May’s panties are bunched up over the Britain First retweet stuff. I don’t know if the Express is reputable, probably not what is?, or if this story is true but I thought it might be another piece of the puzzle.

OR it could be more Fake News. No shortage of that!

• A2 says:

I think Sundance had an interesting take on this in an earlier post. My own opinion is that the President will not go to the UK until May gets her house in order and moves on Brexit.

Just breaking, satellite images indicate NK is preparing to test another missile at Panghyon airbase (North Pyongyang) the same site as the HS-15 earlier this week. Reported by Japan a SLBM launch, not lofted, but to fly over the Pacific to show range.

US sent up US Army RC-12P Huron tracker near the DPRK border. Surveillance (ISR) with SK now 24/7.

Germany has recalled diplomat from NK after the recent ICBM test.

And, just for you Sylvia, I believe Kim had a stroke and his left arm is paralyzed (he hides his left hand). It became noticeable after having to look at endless photos of Rocketboy. If so, it may account for his increased paranoia.

• MustangBlues says:

What is going on with Kim Un?

Does he think he still has barry hussein by the clit hairs?

Did he not get the memo that there is now a big dog in town?

Who gave him the go ahead to

Perfect your one warhead and launch it toward something with a big bite.

And then what??!! — complete destruction of North Korea, no more Uns.

19. MAGAbear says:

As soon as I saw the story was from the New York Slimes, I knew it wasn’t true.

20. ADDgolfer says:

Sundance, I realize it’s part of the job, I appreciate you putting on your waders and going into these site to give us the latest.
    I see the headline, hover the curser to see what site is headlining it. I just can’t, (insert vomit emoji here) I don’t need to test my blood pressure meds.
    Thanks again for doing the crappy work for those of us who feel the same way 🙂

21. Solomonpal says:

I read something to that effect on ZeroHedge then I thought back to earlier on TH talking about Rex pruning the State Department and it didn’t make any sense. Fake news. Might even be a set up for the gullible MSN networks and publications.

22. NJF says:

Boy media is all in on this one!

23. Ziiggii says:

24. William Friday Buckley's Ghost says:

If PDJT goes along with the Senate’s deceitful folly eliminating the deduction for state and local taxes his presidency is finished. You can stick a fork in MAGA it’s done! There’s no reason on earth that any American citizen should pay tax on money he’s already paid in tax. President Trump will lose most of his Republican support in both the House and Senate seats in states like New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin and even in Republican stronholds like Orange County, CA. opening up a four Lane highway to impeachment. He won’t have to wait for 2020 to be thrown out of the White House. He’s walking into a trap based on a completely unfair proposal for double taxation of the same taxpayers dollar!

• POP says:

Yes, undeniable double taxation. Tax on a tax.
      The Senate is setting PTrump up, he’ll wear the outcome.
      A huge mistake.

Of course not supporting double taxation means your bad because the Pres is infallible.

• wheatietoo says:

I’m sorry, but aren’t you in another country, POP?

Do you file US Fed Tax Returns?
        Because this would not be “double taxation”…not at all.

These states that have high ‘state taxes’ are using those high-state-taxes to reduce the amount of Fed Income Tax that all of us have to pay.
        Therefore…they pay less than the rest of us.
        How is that fair?

• keebler AC says:

Unsubstantiated fearmongering and unrealistic expectations. Just stick a fork in your own fearmongering.

• jeans2nd says:

Oh well, since you’ve said it then it must be so.
      Do ppl take you seriously where you live? Have you any idea how many times we’ve heard “Trump is finished?”
      Were you serious, which you are not, you should be calling your Congressman with your concerns.

This post is about SOS Tillerson being defamed again by the NY Times. Your comment is way off topic. But, seeing as your idea is identical to the nonsense from the NY Times, perhaps you should amble on over there.

• wheatietoo says:

It’s not “double taxation”, Ghost.
      That is simply not true.

Please explain how it would be “double taxation”.

• POP says:

What? Obvious double taxation, without deductibility the state tax paid is not counted as being paid Federally you will be taxed on the income used to pay the state tax. You don’t get that?

• wheatietoo says:

It all comes out of the same dollar.

For example:
          You have let’s say, a 6% State Income Tax + a 10% Fed Income Tax.
          You are paying a total 16% combined.

People are deducting that ‘6% State’ from their 10% Fed…and paying only a 4% Fed.

A State Income Tax is not “double taxation”.
          It is an additional tax…yes…but not ‘double taxation’.

It is outrageous what some are being taxed by their States.
          And I feel sorry for them.
          But it is not fair to the rest of us, that they use that high taxation to pay Less in Fed tax than the rest of us do.

We all get a ‘Standard Deduction’ that we’re allowed to deduct from our Fed Income Tax, on our 1040 tax return.
          But people in high-state-tax States, end up with a deduction that exceeds the Standard Deduction…so they use that to pay less than the rest of us pay.

Like I said, I am sorry that they are being taxed so much by their States.
          But it is not “double taxation”.
          It is ‘additional’ taxation.

• POP says:

Your misunderstanding is profound.
            Federal income tax taxes again the income you paid to the State as tax…. unless it is deductible. So 6% to the State means 6% is lost to the State plus whatever your marginal tax rate is on the income you made to pay the 6%, it’s additional Fed income tax on the income used to pay the State tax. Double taxation.

• keebler AC says:

Would you call it single taxation if the feds charge 16% and then allocate 6% of it to state legislatures? Because that’s what it is.

You pay taxes to the state for state services and a separate one for fed programs. You’re not paying double taxes to the same entity. It’s not double taxation in the sense that you’re taxed twice to the same government body.

• POP says:

Give me strength. Why do you think double taxation is only a fact if it’s paid to the same Dept?

If PTrump goes with non deductible State taxation he will wear it.
                I’ll leave it there.

• keebler AC says:

It’s simplification of the tax system. You pay taxes to your state. You pay taxes to the feds. What Wheatie is describing I think is why should you get a higher tax deductible if you pay higher state taxes and get a “fed subsidy” back compared to other states. You pay one tax to the state and one to the feds. The deductible introduces complex vagaries.

• wheatietoo says:

Have you looked at a ‘Red Map’?

PTrump will be cheered for this…by all of us who are being shafted because we live in ‘low tax’ States.

• keebler AC says:

Yay, Wheatie! That is awesomeness! My mom loves red lamps so I saw a new “Maga” red lamp I’ll buy for her for Christmas!

• keebler AC says:

An example of double taxation is when a company’s shareholders pays
              1) taxes on annual book net profit from operations to the fed and state
              2) and then pay dividend taxes again to the feds and state when they actually withdraw the profit from the company

That’s double taxation.

• wheatietoo says:

No…it’s not “double taxation”.

An example of ‘double taxation’ is when the Fed taxes us on our after-tax dollars for an Estate Tax when we leave it to our heirs.

If your are claiming that the mere existence of a State Income Tax itself, is a ‘double taxation’ of our Income…then yeah, in that regard it is.
              But it is not a ‘duplicate’ tax.
              Which is what “double taxation” generally means.

Some States charge no state income tax, at all.
              The people in those states pay their full Fed Income Tax, less the Standard Deduction that we all get.

My State charges a state income tax.
              But it is low enough that it does not exceed the Standard Deduction.

People in high-state-income-tax States are claiming that they are ‘entitled’ to deduct their higher state taxes…because their state taxes are higher.

This forces the rest of us to Subsidize their higher state taxes.
              How is that fair?

• TwoLaine says:

TAKE IT ELSEWHERE! This story is not about taxation. Get out.

• Maquis says:

Amen. These posters that hammer away at their off-topic pet peeves resemble nothing so much as discord sowing concern trolls.

Some are more conistently, aggressive, than others. They then get skipped over by many of us, dozens of posts, until Treepers stop feeding them. I would suggest cutting off attention when the outrageous outrage begins.

25. Sandra-VA says:

And here is what is going on:

• wj2016 says:

With allies like Saudi Arabia you don’t need enemies. All but one of the 9/11 highjackers were from SA. They are just as bad as Iranians.

• Maquis says:

That’s interesting, thanks. Explains much. I hope to God that every pathetic destructive traitorous legacy of Obama’s be utterly destroyed, the sooner the better. Obama still has an Iranian agent, his handler, Valerie Jarrett, living under his roof. I wonder, if/when the Iran Treason is torn up, will Hussein wake up with a slit throat?

One can hope.
      💀

• Justah says:

I’ve followed events in Lebanon for over 10 years and spent a lot of time on study of this unusual Nation’s history. There are 4 writers that I’ve learned really have an understanding with no real Political Ideology on Events in the Levant. Lee Smith, Tony Badran, Michael Young and Michael Totten …… all independent Journalists. Totten no longer spends much time in Lebanon, Young lives there – all of them have a wide network of contact.

I know for a fact that Lee Smith is correct about the Lebanese Army – Hezbollah controls it. The Hariri Construction company is bankrupt – I don’t doubt any of this article. Be aware that Haaretz is a very left wing Media in Israel – very pro Obama, very anti Trump & Netanyahu.

26. I figured as much and have been waiting for you to address the issue, but have been taken aback by how many conservative news sources seemed to think it’s factual. Their readers were generally inclined to say that we’ve heard this song and dance before, and that unless the White House announces a thing it’s likely not true.

27. kltk1 says:

All because Rex won’t spend billions of unnecessary dollars at the demand of the Senate pigs at the trough. Beyond sad, and we’re well aware that this is what this is all about. That said, it would be a big help if POTUS would Tweet his full support for Rex. That would go a long way to making the deep state and NY Times (One in the same really) look like it’s their doing and not POTUS working behind the scenes to send a message to Tillerson to move the diplomatic processes along. POTUS is not a patient man.

28. freddiel says:

We have a winner, Folks.

29. Bob says:

What if at the end of the year Rex gives the government back the money he saved? The media and the Swamp would have a cow. And says he needs a smaller budget next year.

• Maquis says:

Oh, I think he needs to keep those funds in State’s capable hands. We have an Embassy to build in Jerusalem, dontchaknow.
      🖖

30. jeans2nd says:

Guaranteed SOS Tillerson will be at State until 8 Dec 2017.

The NY Times – all the news that we invent

• Maquis says:

Yeah. Only half as widely traveled as his predecessor, whose only accomplishment, aside from widespread death and destruction was, traveling widely.
      🙃

31. sickconservative says:

I read the NYT article this morning and only thought this is BS, waited for SD to get some truth.
    Thanks,

32. deplorabledooku says:

Someone has made this comment elsewhere, but it bears repeating. Newspapers have reverted to the days of yellow journalism (globalist) and essentially are their owners’ anti-American multi-page screeds. So how is it that the NY Times owned by a Mexican (Slim is not an American citizen) is allowed to interfere with American politics? Slim should stick to Mexico and stay there. Didn’t Communist-loving Teddy Kennedy try to shut down Murdoch way back when claiming that since he is Australian he shouldn’t be allowed to buy the NY Post?

33. Binkser1 says:

The only problem for these NY Times nimrods is that President Trump and Sec. Tillerson’s IQ’s are higher than everyone of the pukebags that work at the New York Times, COMBINED.

34. Bert Darrell says:

Isn’t it funny that the New York Times is so desperate about the pro-America tax-reform package that it didn’t hesitate to provide contact information about the usual GOPe traitors that have been systematically voting against the PDJT agenda? They have self-declared to be a shameless rag, confirming what we’ve known all along. To that, I say: (Carlos) Slim chance!

35. ferdge says:

Didn’t the MSM already tried this about Mc Master? Didn’t Breitbart lead the charge against Mc Master as Tillerson?

36. joshua says:

NYT heed some advice
    Shalong not ye, lest ye be shalonged.

37. DebbieUK says:

Looking as an outsider and with an open mind ,Rex Tillerson seems to be one of the most effective members of the cabinet .He is respected in the parts of the world where it really matters.
    No wonder they would like to divide him from Trump.

38. reverence1 says:

After it was yesterday top in german news, its again top in the morning news. The story now is, that Tillerson saying, he loves the job, shows his division with Trump, who wants to mob him out by intentionally leaking about Tillerson wanting to stop, so Tillerson (the good one) still resists Trump (the bad one), but how long …
    This has to be seen against the ongoing inability to form a new government in Germany. The political system in Germany, that has been running smoothly during the whole post-war period, currently is in trouble.

39. Maquis says:

RELEASE THE ZIPPO!!!
    😈

40. TwoLaine says:

The hilarious part is they have picked Pompeo to replace him. Yeah right. Over my dead body.

Remember this is the swampy State Dept that T-Rex is quickly trying to clean up, and the swamp critters liked it filthy like it WAS. That’s OK, they can resign or go to the North Pole. Pick one.

41. scslayer says:

I’m confused.

If Trump has no plans in getting rid of Tillerson and Tillerson has no plans on leaving, how does this work?

They put it out there to attempt to create a rift where there is none?

Also, if they are good why doesn’t Trump/Tillerson come out with joint presser or statement and quash it? Done.

• Maquis says:

It’s pathetic playground politics. If our team devoted a press conference to it then the ankle-biters win. Not much, but they would have wasted the Administration’s time and gotten their little egos stoked.

• Justah says:

Tillerson has given several Press Conferences to this “he’s leaving” business, the White House has concurred with T-Rex statements. I think this is a Button that President Trump likes to push because the Leftist Media is so anti-Tillerson that they can be relied on to fill the News Day with speculation. Nothing they want more right now than to get rid of T-Rex and he simply doesn’t care about the Media.

It’s always good for the Trump Administration when they can get the Media to yammer about something that is irrelevant instead of talking about what they are really doing and mobilizing against what is really going on.

42. SharkFL says:

Thank you thank you thank you Sundance. Your analysis is essential and critical. You are the MVP.

43. Paul Killinger says:

Our anonymous White House sources… Some goobers we said hello to hanging out across the street.

44. wolfmoon1776 says:

The Fake News is really outdoing themselves. But they had better be careful. The hot methane they spew not only contributes to global alarming – it catches pants on fire!

45. old farta says:

Is there a difference between “Responses and Comments or Replys”?