Tonight from Fort Myer, Virginia, President Trump is scheduled to address the nation and outline his administration’s national security policy toward the ongoing conflict in Afghanistan, and larger regional issues.

The national speech will be covered by most cable news outlets and is scheduled for 9:00pm EDT.

RSBN Livestream linkFox10 Livestream LinkAlternate Livestream Link

This entry was posted in Iran, Iraq, ISIS, Islam, Jihad, Military, President Trump, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

663 Responses to President Trump National Address on Afghanistan and Security Policy – 9:00pm Livestream…

1. Grandma Covfefe says:

Transcript of President Trump’s speech tonight, of Afghanistan/Southeast Asia, for those, like me, prefer the transcripts.

2. Publius2016 says:

Looking at the map, you begin to realize why this is really an un forsaken region…mountains deserts sand…there must be minerals too: http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/txu-oclc-309296021-afghanistan_admin_2008.jpg

• Jus Bill says:

And Chinese mining interests.

• psadie says:

There is billions and billions of natural resources and minerals that are used in manufacturing…China is waiting to grab it all. Do you see China in this war on terrorism? They are waiting for us to fight and kill all the terrorists then they move in and mine the minerals thanks to us. NAUGHT.

3. I think the headlines tomorrow will be “Trump declares war on Pakistan”. Let them have their hissy fit.

To me, Pakistan has always been the 1000lb gorilla in the room. Maybe that is because I am British by birth. We have an enormous Pakistani population. They were among the first wave of immigrants in the late 1960’s.

Pakistan and India have a very bloody history, which is recent, and in reality, they hate each other. In terms of nuclear war, those two having a go at each other is the most likely nuclear conflict we will see. IMO. Other nuclear conflicts have game theory outcomes attached. But these two are very volatile.

Pakistan has a very large population, with global reach, and a huge amount of extremism. The geography makes it all the more complex too. I do not think for one moment that the Pakistan government is an extremist entity. However, I do believe that the situation is so complex, that in keeping all sides from openly killing each other, that this can sometimes look to be the case. On top of that, like all governments, there is huge levels of corruption, which are out of control, and cloud the picture. Pakistan needs to do more.

To remind people, Pakistan is a very new country. It was part of India. When it split away from India, there was nothing but bloodshed, mainly muslims killing Hindus. How we are going to persuade Pakistan to help, and not make it look like favoritism, from India’s point of view, is going to take much diplomacy.

Remember. We will never have peace in the muslim nations, as long as we remain Christian, or agnostic. Ever. Containment is all we can attain.

4. Minnie says:

Was anyone else thinking, during the thick of Mr. President’s speech, that a MOAB was falling somewhere in the Afghanistan desert?

He does not and will not project πŸ‘

5. Regina says:

The thing that’s never mentioned is all the “contractors” who are under the State Dept, not DOD. These mercenaries are many, and I’m sick of paying them with my taxes.

• dilonsfo says:

These contractors are the reason there is no draft. They do all the servicing of our military in war zones. If we have no contractors then the USA would have to draft thru Select Service in order to fill their rolls.

• We have seen that we have no control over govt. contractors. Wonder if we contracted out ship maintenance and repair?

• Regina says:

um…Blackwater/Academi is not ‘servicing our military’ – I’m talking mercenaries

As was just demonstrated in Russia, the large majority of civil-service jobs were filled by people in the local population (not U.S. citizens). I suspect that’s true overseas as well?

• dilonsfo says:

Blackwater/Academi contracted to guard our embassy personnel and others. This freed up our Marines that normally do this. They also, contractors, guard the supply chains that bring food and ammo to the ground troops, This also freed up our military. When I served in Viet Nam soldiers and marines did all of this work…in order to avoid the draft the government decided to us contractors to do all of the security and supply chains.

6. highdezertgator says:

Ain’t no black and white in war and peace… it’s all in the color of reality… red, white and blue
    This is dedicated to three heroes I met today in color ….Iraq Veterans who are fighting still (the PTSD)

Jamey Johnson “In Color” Excerpt
    (about Grandpa’s Black and White Photos)
    Oh, and this one here was taken over seas
    In the middle of hell in 1943
    In the winter time you can almost see my breath

That was my tail gunner ole Johnny Magee
    He was a high school teacher from New Orleans
    And he had my back right through the day we left

If it looks like we were scared to death
    Like a couple of kids just tryin’ to save each other
    You should’ve seen it in color

7. Minnie says:

Uh oh, why am I in moderation?

😐

8. paulraven1 says:

Changes to rules of engagement! Thank God. This is what was killing us (as Obama wanted).

9. 4sure says:

If Lindsay and McCain are happy, so am I. We all know they have been on the Trump Train from the get go. I can’t believe how cheaply they can be bought….4000 additional troops. Shows what a great negotiator Trump is. Art of the deal. s/

10. MfM says:

The MOAB that was dropped was along the border of Pakistan. I hope they take Trump seriously.

I knew Pakistan was a cesspool when Daniel Pearl was beheaded 15 years ago.

11. freddy says:

Lindsay you little b___h…..You know now the Russian ruse your buddy McCain helped promote and you enabled is falling apart and very soon it will be proved the DNC was an inside job. So yeah you head for the licking and fawning of the guy your trying to destroy….You were orgasmic with your pride in our POTUS………….Ya know Lindsay we see thru you like Victoria’s secret lingerie…….

12. SR says:

Get John M fingerprint on Obamacare repeal right now before he gets angry and attack president.

13. Regina says:

hmm – Jason Miller on CNN panel?
    Maybe AJ Delgado can sue them unless they hire her back, too

14. Sr.PegCJ says:

Calling all prayer warriors ! Let us cover our brave military and our Commander-in-Chief with Psalm 91 on a daily basis. Pax

15. NJF says:

The son of a mailman weighs in.

16. He has no choice.

Obama’s approach to military engagement — whether in Iraq, Syria or Afghanistan — reminded me of the scene in Karate Kid in which Mr. Miyagi told his student, “Karate yes — good. Karate no — good. Karate maybe? Skkkkkshhh….squish like grape.”

Obviously, Obama never learned a thing from Viet Nam. Without a clear commitment to victory and the use of overwhelming force, we are ultimately doomed to defeat in any engagement into which we enter.

Fact is, Obama never intended to win any such engagement — his plan was always to lead from behind — an oxymoron if there ever was one.

17. That was a great speech! Strength, graciousness, a renewed focus, and a refreshed strategy… Well done Mr. President!

Honestly, the problem for the Uniparty is that President Trump loves this country and does what he believes will make America, and Americans, better. He couldn’t care less about party politics or what something will look like in tomorrow’s paper. It’s why you see professional politicians swinging erratically from shouts of impeachment to praises of bold new leadership. They don’t know what to do with someone who loves this country more than they love themselves… and the American people are taking notice! πŸ˜‰

• Gil says:

WE took notice in November. Its the uniparty and the world who are taking notice now. Theyre scared and they deserve everything they have maga-ing in their direction! 🀞

18. kate says:

I loved our Presidents tough message tonight, my only worry is in regard to the readiness and capability of our equipment or lack of due to the past administrations fault, plus the transgender and gay admittance and other changes to the services and lack of older trained officers and NCO’s who were either forced out or retired and we can perhaps see the evidence with the Navy regarding this very thing with the 2nd ship mishap with loss of lives, may God bless those men and women.
    I hope there will be major changes in all of these affected areas of our great military.

19. paulraven1 says:

Foreign policy is not my specialty. I’m not sure what to make of this overall. But I don’t know how we ever “win” in Afghanistan in the long-term. It’s too distant, too different, too divided. I’d rather us develop a strategy to simply kill terrorists all over the world with focused bombing and special forces operations. More importantly, if we’re really serious, we would close down every mosque in America. But of course that will never happen. But at the very least, we should be running undercover surveillance of all of them. We would also get CAIR the hell out of America. CAIR operating in America today is comparable to a Nazi-staffed booster squad operating in America in 1943. PC is killing us slowly and inexorably and better than any enemy could.

20. NJF says:

LOL.

Watching the Five and they all just had it out with Juan William! Wow.

Kimberley basically just told him to shut up we’re going to break.

Fun, fun, fun!

21. rjcylon says:

When is Bannon supposed to get Breitbart to start fighting for Trump? Tonight they sound like right scoop.

• NJF says:

Thinking the same thing, and was just going to post:

• Summer says:

Bannon said that the “Presidency we fought for is over” before he added that he would “fight for Trump,” which is in the alt-right speak means he will wage a big ugly ideological war on the Trump cabinet members. He was manipulating BB behind the scenes and using it as a weapon against his opponents. There is no doubt about it. Now, after he left, it is #WAR.

I expect nothing good from Bannon, and neither should you.

• Donna in Oregon says:

• Katherine McCoun says:

He fights all the officials and policies then he if fighting the Trump Presidency and administration and therefore essentially fighting President Trump. Evidently the key issues for which Bannon fought to have in the forefront of the Trump Presidency are not going the way Bannon wants or as fast as he wants. I have seen very little that I wanted from a Trump Presidency not happening. Maybe not as fast, maybe not exactly the way I want but I am a little tougher than that and see the big picture.

• B says:

That’s been their true colors all the way back to the primaries. Bannon is a Levinite, Cruzbot #NeverTrumper. One of the most deceitful and vicious people in American politics. A deciever, divider and antagonist. To the core!

• shallbe4 says:

rj When Bannon turns on Trump after one day I don’t believe in his loyalty. Oh well we lost him and gained McCain and Graham for a couple of days.

22. Donna in Oregon says:

I watched the speech live on Fox Business. Then that big headed guy….started blabbing and brought in another big head so I had to change the channel. Then I read stuff on CTH and get confused because one of the Big Heads somewhere said something stupid about President Trump… after I changed the channel. Oddly, I feel like I missed it, but got violated anyway.

Isn’t it insulting that the fake news people bring in Big Headed mongo types to explain what the President just told us personally? So insulting.

23. shallbe4 says:

Donna that was wonderful. I will be smiling as I go to sleep tonight.