Sunday Talks: HR McMaster Discusses Long-Range Objectives…

National Security Advisor HR McMaster has been selected by conspiracy nuts and alt-reality moonbats as a necessary evil foil to retain their pearl-clutching placement at the table of doomsday drum-beating.

Apparently, when candidate Trump, then president-elect Trump, and now President Trump said: “bomb the s**t out of ISIS“, “rebuild our military” and recreate “peace through strength” – a sketchy handful of fools perceived such statements possible without actually ‘bombing‘, ‘rebuilding‘ or ‘reasserting strength‘.

Yes, cognitive dissonance relies upon use of the Mamet Principle; and yes, it happens on the fringe elements of both sides of the circular political continuum.

In the most recent proclamations of the Moonbats any adviser to the President who would be connected with presenting ‘bombing‘, ‘rebuilding‘ or ‘reasserting‘ options of military use to the President, necessarily becomes a war-mongering pod carrier intent on lulling a 70-year-old President to sleep and exit the room converted to John McCain.

The people selling this narrative are both nuts and gnats.

Please pay attention to HR McMaster in this interview laying out a very reasonable perspective on the various regional issues, his praise for the diplomatic approach by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, and his accompanying overview to include (@10:38) the answer to the question: “do you think we need more troops in Syria?“.  McMaster’s response: “I don’t think so“.

This entry was posted in China, Conspiracy ?, Deep State, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Iran, Iraq, ISIS, Islam, Jihad, media bias, Military, N Korea, NATO, NSA, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Russia, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Syria, Terrorist Attacks, Turkey, Ukraine, Uncategorized, United Nations. Bookmark the permalink.

146 Responses to Sunday Talks: HR McMaster Discusses Long-Range Objectives…

1. Wend says:

The man is cool. He wrote “Dereliction of Duty” one of the best books on Vietnam.

• Joshuatree says:

Yeah! I heard about the book! It’s why he was against Vietnam yet Infowars and Cernovich are all about him being a warmongering globalist! YEAHHH….right!

• maiingankwe says:

I bet they’ve never even heard of his book let alone read it.

When Wend informed us it was McMaster who wrote, Dereliction of Duty, I about fell out of my chair. Literally. At first, I was in complete denial, no way could it have been this guy, absolutely not, until I looked up. Sure enough, it was him. I cannot believe I’ve been totally clueless about this very important tid-bit the whole time. It sure would have saved any anxiety on my part. Sheesh.

If anyone wants to learn the inside politics of Vietnam, this is the book to read. THE Book. It has got to be the best of the best. And by the time you get done reading it, you may despise McNamera as much as I do.

Now that I know who the author of this book is and that he is has the ear of our President I am so much more able to breathe. Whew, feeling so much better now. Way better.

Read the book and you may too. Heck, read the book just to learn how D.C. royally screwed up our interference in Vietnam. It was not our Soldiers in the field, it was the politicians. They’re the ones who royally screwed it up and had gotten so many of our men and yes, women killed. Our women may not have been in combat, but we lost a good number of them too. There were 10,000 enlisted women who served in Vietnam.

Oh, and there is another book with the same title, it’s written about Clinton and when he was our president. A man by the name of Patterson wrote that one, who I believe was the one who carried the nuclear codes. I could be wrong on his job description, but I do have his name right.

• The scum known as Robert Strange McNamara was president of Ford less than a month, too bad he was SecDef more than a month.

• maiingankwe says:

McNamera was a terror and created chaos and havo every where he went and touched. An evil, evil man with no soul or care for another human being, especially our Soldiers, except for himself of course.

As one can clearly see, I despise the man, and every time I hear of him, I have the greatest urge to spit, and I’m a lady. No, I don’t spit, but I’d like to.

• SteveInTX says:

Add to that Robert L Kocher’s Vietnam series of writings. He was no whiz kid fan either. The specific section on McNamara is here:

• maiingankwe says:

SteveInTX,

Did I just read a book? It was bloody brilliant! Loved it! Thank you ever so much, I thoroughly enjoyed all of it.

I had forgotten about the Buddhists, and sadly only vaguely remember them in my history class and further readings.

I so remember Madam Nhu or Mrs. and how she had ticked so many Americans off, especially members of our government. They really did put her in a bad light.

I loved the author’s snark when it came to describing and explaining McNamera. His sarcasm and dry wit had me smiling and chuckling throughout. He certainly has a way with words and was so spot on in his descriptions of the people who held political power during that time. A bunch a spoiled nit wits who had absolutely no reason being in government, especially during that time, let alone any time. They couldn’t stop in getting in each other’s way and didn’t know how to get out of the way of some of the people who could’ve done good. It’s a complete embarrassment to our history, and unfortunately it killed millions of people and over 58,000 of our troops. Unforgivable.

Did you know McNamera switched parties from republican to democrat later on? He also lived into his nineties, 93 I believe. Died in 2004 or 2006. I do remember him going on about how wrong Bush Jr. was when going into Iraq. He was right at the time, but when I had heard him go off, I thought it was proof we should go in. I was wrong.

I could never understand why Kennedy made him Secretary of Defense, could never figure it out in all of these years, so I really do appreciate that you shared this link. I now have my answer.

Thank you again for sharing such an informative piece. I have an incredible level of respect for you after reading this article. It is difficult to explain, but partly it’s because this is the kind of reading I enjoy, but more importantly one I can learn so much from. I am not a great writer like he is, but my thoughts are similar.

It was simply brilliant, and I look forward to reading more from him. If you ever run into anything like this again, please send it my way.

Be well,
            Ma’iingankwe

• Jenny R. says:

It is wise to remember, that even though Michael Cernovich broke the Rice story he is also the same person who made light of men taking testosterone (ps. bad idea — hormones are not things to play around with, do not do such things if you value your health!) and in the past wrote an article about how to intimately engage a woman successfully by choking her (I would question the sensibility of doing that, or choosing to be intimate with someone who allow that sort of thing done to them — doesn’t sound like good nor wholesome advice either way).
        Can he correct about things? Yes. However, he can also be very wrong about things as well. Very few people are actual prophets; least of all people of a certain…character.

• TexasDude says:

There is a lot of misinformation, distortions. and lies out there about McMaster and many of Trump’s administration. I assert this is purposeful and designed to split Trump’s administration and it is coming from those on the left and right.

2. mikebrezzze says:

A couple more MOAB’s and those terror preaching mullahs of Iran won’t have any more suckers for their suicide missions!

3. redredrice says:

Very good interview. And Sundance’s first paragraph of this post is hysterical, LOL!

• CathyMAGA says:

Exactly, SD’s snark hysterical!

• Curry Worsham says:

Yes! And the problem with being an alt-reality, pearl-clutching, doomsday drum-beating moonbat is that, in order to be right, you have to be rooting for doomsday!

• wolfmoon1776 says:

It was indeed most awesome!

However, he left out the part where McMaster unzips his costume and Petraeus jumps out. Yes – McMaster = Petraeus is the latest scary story in “Trump is a neocon” alt-reality.

• ALEX says:

Thing is Flynn.McMaster,Petreaus,McCrystal etc all ran the hunt for Al-Qaeda in Iraq etc and have known each other thirty years…It’s so transparent with the alt-reality and it’s obvious they haven’t read any of the dozens and dozens of books about these warriors..

It’s like trashing the Presidents family for his own good..That the President is blind about his own flesh and blood or just some little malleable puppy or child…….Nah…it’s trashing his family. Hopefully the alt-reality just fades away…

• “Very good interview” – redredrice, I must say that Rat’sass doesn’t do good interviews and is receiving $2,000,000 per year from ABC because she is the best liar they have to date. New liars are in the J-School pipeline.

4. fangdog says:

What the World now knows what the World did not know, the United States will strike anyone, anywhere, anytime. It removes doubt which is one less thing to think about. It is not so much an “if” or “when”, but more of a “where”.

• dalethorn says:

I prefer not to be provocative, i.e. keep things in context – we will strike anyone, anywhere, any time, when necessary to protect our security and the security of those we are pledged to protect (i.e. as many as possible). But the other vital factor to make this work is for our partners, friends, allies etc. to do their part as well – politically, physically, and financially.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

“But the other vital factor to make this work is for our partners, friends, allies etc. to do their part as well – politically, physically, and financially.”

This is critical, to prevent larger powers from getting dragged into messes caused by smaller powers with “issues”. In my opinion, smaller countries bordering Russia are not always in the right, just because they’re “not Russia”. Right now, with Snake Erdogan amassing quasi-Islamist power through every sneaky means he can, and threatening to dump Islamists on Europe, Turkey is less and less like an ally, and more and more like a fox in the henhouse.

5. Lol! Good article! Made me smile! Good answer from McMaster!

6. Curry Worsham says:

Fake news headline.
    Real Clear Politics has the misleading headline “McMaster Rules Out ‘Military Option’ In Korea” when he specifically stated, “all options are on the table”. The headline is referring to this quote: “It’s time for us to undertake all actions we can, short of a military option, to try to resolve this peacefully.” Well, obviously a peaceful solution does not involve the militar!. McMaster clearly stated earlier that ALL options, peaceful and military, are “on the table. undergoing refinement and further development”.

7. Carolyn says:

I know who three of the people pushing this narrative are and I unfollowed them on FB and twitter. I don’t do crazy… and if Bannon ends up fired they will bear some of the blame. I see Bill Mitchell wisely dumped association with them yesterday. They will no longer be guests of his online show. Frankly their reaction, following the Tomahawks into Syria, surprised me… did they never listen to his rally speeches??? If not, then they were never supporters, rather trying to make a name on his coattails.

• snaggletooths says:

And Bill Mitchell is not much better he kept it up all day yesterday on twitter just in a different way.

• Carolyn says:

I saw his tweets yesterday simed at Cernovich and Posobiek due to their personal jihad against McMaster. Bill is 100% on Trump Train.

• Fe says:

Yes he is:

• snaggletooths says:

I never said Bill was not on the Trump train but he is dividing the Trump base as much as the other 2 just in a different way. All three of them are ridiculous

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I agree – anybody falling for Hillary’s division scam is being a chump.

I have not stopped following ANY of them – Mitchell, Cernovich, Posobiec, etc. The Twitter threat “I’ll block you” or “stop following me” is grade-school antics. How will these people ever live with free speech? Get in the bunker with Andrew Breitbart – all of us – if we actually want to win. Support the friggin’ candidate – NOW PRESIDENT.

It’s very clear what Hillary is trying to do – separate “conservatives” from “ultra-nationalists”. Well, well, well – when was the last time the left did THAT to horrible effect?

Whenever a leftist sets up a “let’s you and him fight” game, both sides need to punch the leftist.

• Fe says:

Wolfie, I agree, they will not divide us, but….

Having said that, for myself I stopped following PJW because I don’t want to see his tweets slamming our President. Ive got enough on my plate and prefer not to become agitated over some guy living in England slamming a person who just happens to be anointed by God to turn our country around. Alex Jones gets on my nerves with his sky is falling MO. I don’t tell people I’m unfollowing, I just do it. I’m sure I’ll see their tweets in retweets, oh well.

Mitchell is fighting the moonbats right and left. He is one of the few that helps me to stay focused, along with Sundance.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I understand what you’re saying. When people become toxic – you just have to unfollow. There is one foreign conspiracy theory disinfo artist I followed for a while – he sometimes had very interesting stuff (both disinfo and info as disinfo), and I just had to quit after Trump’s strike on the Syrian airbase. The guy just went screaming bonkers and his innate anti-Americanism just came out to shocking degrees. I normally follow some fairly extreme people, for a host of reasons, but there are certain red lines that they can cross, and that was one case.

You have to do what keeps you in the fight. Bottom line. 😎

• Jedi9 says:

This is the part that is conflicting. For me personally, I don’t engage in Twitter or facebook for a myriad of reasons, so when ever something is said I take it with a grain of salt. That being said, my question to you is, if people are critical of Trump then all of a sudden they are classified as being off the “Trump Train”? You don’t think it is OK to not forget to be objective instead of resorting to Tribal politics? Considering the last 30+ years of US foreign and domestic policy, I think people have earned the right to be skeptical and to criticize our leadership no matter who is the President, and that includes Donald Trump.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I hear you on that. No – I totally understood that people can basically be Trump supporters, yet extremely dubious about things, such as what was happening leading up to the Syria strikes. But in the case of this one person, I really doubt they were ever actually a Trump supporter. I believe they’re a paid operative of somebody trying to influence either the Trump agenda or his supporters for the benefit of a foreign power of unknown nature. Part of my interest is curiosity about who their master might be.

Back to real supporters, many people understand the intense, time-tested reality that war is a slippery slope, and much of the PRAISE that Trump was getting in the wake of the strikes was pure neocon war-mongering, desirous of further attacks on Assad, and antithetical to Trump’s agenda. I, personally, have no beef with the people who were skeptical, though I think Trump has put to bed any doubts by unequivocally stating that he does not want to get involved in Syria.

I tend to believe that stuff was going on to manipulate Trump into behaving in certain ways, and that he beat that move with a better one.

I actually like Cernovich’s take. He is on the Trump Train no matter what, but he thinks that Trump could make some bad moves. That’s a mature attitude. I doubt Trump will make a really bad one, but it’s not impossible. Half of Washington, or more, wants to get involved in the Syrian civil war. And most of them are people who I would not trust to hold a parking spot. It’s not unthinkable that they will come back at Trump with some new ploy.

Still, I think Trump will stick to his campaign promises. He’s one of the most rock-steady “politicians” ever. Very happy about that, too.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

This person or persons. They inundate Gab with disinformation. They’re also on Twitter, but have a much bigger relative footprint on Gab.

Follow them for a while and you’ll understand the mystery. They seem to be somebody pretending to be somebody pretending to be somebody. Or maybe it just seems that way. 😉

• Wink says:

Bill Mitchell and Sundance are the only two people I listen to, the rest are drama queens.

• jackphatz says:

Yes he did which was very irritating! He did the same of Fakebook but several people called him out on that as being as juvenile as the others.

• Fe says:

I’ve done the same. Some jumped off the Trump Train claiming Trump is just like the others, a globalist neocon out for blood, oil, power. SMH. Buh bye Paul Joseph Watson and the rest who are “officially off the Trump Train”.

• dalethorn says:

I don’t get it. Watson was supposed to be reasonable. Did his association with Alex Jones make him lose touch with reality?

• Sedanka says:

He seems to be more self-interested than anything else. He and Cernovich and Probosec and Alex Jones and etc. all need to be in opposition to something in order to draw followers. The more Trump wins, the more he becomes the only power they can stand in opposition to. Them turning on Trump was probably inevitable. I don’t think they’re stupid or delusional, just selfish, greedy and full of their own egos.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Most of these younger people don’t really have a good historical perspective, including real knowledge of WWII, much less WWI. Heck – most of them don’t even fully understand Vietnam. Many don’t even really remember Reagan and what peace through strength actually means. They understand that we don’t need to get back into another Iraq – but that’s all they know. So their feeling is overly dire about getting suckered again. All wars seem totally irresponsible to them.

Also, they get that the Syria CW evidence is very sketchy and problematic, and are unable to see the bigger picture of Assad having larger responsibility for banned weapons, so they don’t get the Trump strike at all.

I still think Watson is a sharp and perceptive guy, but he’s nevertheless limited by his youth.

• Marc says:

PJW just goes with the flow of what’s considered libertarian. His earliest ideas of President Trump was that he was a stooge of the Clintons. I also think working for Alex Jones means Paul has to tow the company line at the end of the day.

8. MIKE says:

Boy that started out weird. The president is doing exactly what he laid out at the primary, and then the perpetually pouty Martha rad ditzy comes on and asks her audience, ” So what is Trumps’ stance today?”
    Also weird was reading articles and comments here earlier, I was thinking it would be helpful to learn more about McMaster, and up popped this story.

Is this an awesome site or what?

• Curry Worsham says:

It’s a fabulous site! See Blog Award to your right ===========>>>

• mopar2016 says:

A few months ago during one of the debates, candidate Trump complained that 0bama was tipping our hand by telling the enemy our timeline for withdrawal in Mosul Iraq.
      Martha didn’t like that and replied “there’s a reason for that”.
      And Mr. Trump said “yeah I’ll bet there is”.

9. aqua says:

Those pearl-clutchers seem to pick a new target from the Trump Administration every week. LIke they think these folks are going to give up just because of a few whiners.

Sean Spicer gets it every day, and he doesn’t quit. I have had so much respect for him as we watch the press briefings, and even more now that we know he is a man in uniform, in service to our country.

McMaster is not going to melt just because the snowflakes have chimed in. It all just sounds like a plot to me, anyway, since Libbies are good for that.

McMaster is impressive.

10. Sloth1963 says:

Alt Reality 😃
    🌙 🦇

11. Janice says:

I just love your style of writing Sundance! Just a wee bit envious.

12. Why don’t people understand that people don’t change Trump, Trump changes people. That has been my observation after 18 months of observation.

13. missmarple2 says:

They already have a plan in place for reconstuction, with donors! So who is over there fighting? I think maybe Jordan and the Saudis, but who knows? Great interview!

14. Curry Worsham says:

It’s a fabulous site! See Blog Award to your right ===========>>>

15. Anne says:

So much has happened in the last few days and weeks, on the world stage, under the leadership of this President.

And while Vice-President Pence is in South Korea with the soldiers who risk their lives for the benefit of us all, and who are far away from their family on this Easter Sunday, the “nuts” and “gnats”, as Sundance calls them, boast of punching some Antifas. How lame!

16. Donna in Oregon says:

Dear Media and Pundits, you poor deluded sacks. A lie by omission is still a lie. Facts matter. Repeating lies over and over do not make them truthful. Filthy hacks, clean yourselves up……rinse, repeat.
    Pres. Trump said he would “bomb the sh*t” out of ISIS and he has just begun to keep his promise to destroy ISIS. Pres. Trump has said repeatedly he will not telegraph what he plans to do when it comes to military strikes and strategy. Many Americans pay attention to what POTUS says. DUH!!
    He kept his word. Jeez, get a clue already…..

17. Albertus Magnus says:

When others spew out their opinions, we are blessed to have Sundance explain the truth to us! So glad to be a Treeper!

18. jackphatz says:

Off topic but….
    You know…one amusing aspect of Obama getting totally scared and running away at this time is he’s not around to criticize Trump’s every move and sentence, like he pretty much promised he would do. Now, IF he does come back, he’ll have nothing to gloat about.

19. CaptainNonno says:

Can’t stand Redazz. Needs to lay off the habanera sauce. Trying to back door military strategy with HRMcM! Pound it somewhere else hack!

20. WeThePeople2016 says:

I had seen McMaster’s interview with Wallace, and he was really good. He was very respectful to President Trump and Tillerson. KT McFarland was interviewed today by Wallace, and she was great, too. She is down in Florida with Trump. It sounds like she may not be going to Singapore. She said she and Trump talked last night about where she is going next, and it sounds like she is being place in an important position. Also, she corrected Wallace that it was Trump that hired her on as Deputy and not Flynn.

21. TexasDude says:

It really does not matter what Trump states. Those opposed will always read into them bad intentions or make something up. Those lukewarm to him will hand wring and worry and fret and maybe read bad intentions. Thise that support him will support him.

22. Here’s a thought I’ve been having that just won’t go away. Remember a few days ago when we all discussed the possible use of chemical weapons on Syrian adults and children? The possible types of gas were described with great specificity, and with what seemed to me reached consensus that it was most likely chlorine gas and that Assad didn’t do it.

Yet, Pres. Trump appears to have bought the media/neocon story hook, line and sinker! What gives? Here’s the thought – he doesn’t believe it either! BUT, he immediately saw an opening to accomplish a number of goals at the same time, while hurting no one and bombed that airfield!

Now, Russia is “mad” at him, Pres. Xi is very respectful of him, the media is (temporarily) off his back, and the international “community” is now on his side! Hmmmm.

On another note – people who say Assad “bombed his own people” are not thinking straight. That six-seven year war has been called a Civil War all that time. Is bombing the side fighting you “bombing your own people?” I don’t think so. Whether it happened or not.

I think we should call a 36-hour timeout on commenting on any event that has Pres. Trump’s fingerprints on it. It will take us that long to even get a CLUE what may have happened! LOL

• TexasDude says:

I think Addad gassed them, but, the reality is that it does not matter.

By the way, if you have not noticed, Trump does not run his administration on consensus from his own advisors, so he will definately not worry one bit what we conclude here or not.

• dalethorn says:

As you indicate, realizing it or not, there are different ways to see the thing. The reason Trump is able to make a good decision is not because he micromanages the people and events, but because he looks at the big picture first. Most people never quite learn how to do that.

• ronheinzkaboot says:

4d chess

• I, too, have been pondering the implications of “what weapons were used”, “who they were use on”, “who used them” and “whose intelligence proves it”.

Many, many ways for President Trump to win, BEYOND what he’s won so far.

Investigation: His IC has already spoken. He’s now pitted Russia, Syria, Rebels, ISIS, and the Deep State against one another to prove anything otherwise. Plenty to learn about sources and methods in the process. Plenty of opportunity to identify and clear out any Deep Staters left inside and outside the IC as well.

Perpetrators: Plenty of opportunity to sort out who’s doing what to whom in Syrians, and take out operatives the Obama Administration embedded outside and inside the Federal Government, including arms traders and weapons-runners.

Geopolitics: He’s placed Russia on defense. If Russia fails to produce “better outcomes” in both Eastern Europe and the Mideast, they’ll be inviting China into the Mideast to displace them. China would relish access to the oil … and substituting for Russia to co-sponsor a gas pipeline to Europe. If China helps demilitarize the NORKS – particularly nukes and missile programs, they might even be capable of doing the same with Iran.

23. terry says:

Everyone needs to watch Stephen Cohen on Tucker carlson a few days ago.

So is Stephen Cohen a conspiracy nut alt- reality moonbat. No, but he has never been

more worried about war with russia now than at any time in his career.

• TexasDude says:

Ok, and where are we enforcing a no fly zone, putting our troops in direct confrontation with Russia or some other such thing?

• dalethorn says:

No, not a chance. Putin is a seasoned intel person who also manages a very large and heavily-armed country. What Putin really worries about is being squeezed geographically, economically, etc. If Putin doesn’t start playing ball soon, he will be squeezed, by China and others, least of all the U.S. Fears of war, or nuclear war, are about whether Putin gets crazy when and if he gets desperate. Not about us being crazy. Not for a second.

• Joe says:

Yes, thanks for posting that.

24. So, gee, my initial intuition not to freak out was correct? Imagine that.

Thanks Sundance!

25. TexasDude says:

The McMaster interview ties into what has preciously stated ( and seem to ignore) and from a post by Sundance a couple threads back …

“Deputy Asst. to President Donald Trump, Dr. Sebastian Gorka, sat down with Maria Bartiromo for an interview discussing the White House global policy.

…”The President is not an interventionist commander-in-chief. Nothing has changed from November 7th to today. He’s been explicit, we are not invading other peoples’ countries, we are not occupying them. This is not some neo-conservative Bush era administration.”…

~ Dr. Gorka.”

26. Andy Smith says:

Remind me again why we are fighting in Afghanistan? Do we really expect to set up a stable regime there? What’s the exit strategy? I generally trust Trump, but I am having a *really* hard time figuring out why Trump trusts this guy.

27. “nuts and gnats” love it! Can we add my fave from duchess01 “numbnuts”😉

28. alliwantissometruth says:

I could care less what people say. Everyone has the right to have an opinion, even morons like those on the left

What really matters is results. Donald Trump is our President for at least four years. If his actions result in good things happening here & around the world, the morons will lose their voice

Remember, this is one of the first times in history that our country is being run the way it’s supposed to be, like a business with a bottom line. All other countries with smart leaders are going to look at themselves like business partners working toward beneficial relationships

To get to that point, it’s going to take a massive reorganizing of worldwide affairs, & that includes the messy business of military actions to swat down the little insignificant bugs creating chaos

Give it some time. President Trump has quite a workload on his plate, but the right man is at the helm. Complicated business to be sure, but I believe the end results can & will be glorious

Nothing like glorious to shut the morons up

• Benson II says:

Love your post but disagree on one point. The morons will not shut up. They have an investment of decades and willing indoctrinated people in every institution. Many in the general public who didn’t support Trump will come around when they see positive results those in positions of power will not stop no matter how successful Trump’s efforts are. We as individuals need to make every effort in our own sphere of influence to break their hold on our society.

• vidlbis says:

alliwantissometruth – great post! I totally agree.

Benson, agree with your point of disagreement – but with this added. They won’t shut up until their employer gets taken out. Either Soros or the devil, whatever you want to call it.

When the paychecks stop, they’ll stop. Some of course, are just idiots and will wander off when the more “prominant” ones shut up. Without the leaders the followers have no direction.

Then, you have the ones who “Believe”. Might have to fight those. Or, turn them over to God to sort out.

Also, we will most certainly need to persevere all the way to the end, and then our children as well. If… it takes that long. Might be over in our lifetime, we can pray for that.

29. Joe says:

McMasters did well. He should have been a lawyer; he can present a case. The criticism of McMasters is that he is a Preteaus protege and that his time would be better spent at home writing a book on the American way of losing wars. But as long as Trump holds the leash….

30. sundance says:

• ALEX says:

I’ve watched about five minutes of him in clips since the election started in 2015 and it looked to me to be entertainment by someone in the need of some help if he was serious…

You kind of figure something is up when they are selling snake oil products…Seems the crowd around these people get upset if you don’t take them serious and lo and behold their lawyer admits it…

• Interesting SD, I’ve been wondering about how Alex treated his family… With all his out bursts and meltdowns on air. Been thinking about this for a while. I just knew he was weird.

31. HEY MARTHA RADDATZ – SKELETOR CALLED, HE WANTS HIS FACE BACK!

• Old Codger says:

Martha is just that semi-pretty sorority girl we all knew who sat out in the sun far too long!
      Now the Sun is showing us that “tanned” is phrase for leather hides; like the leather Martha is using for her face.

32. ALEX says:

True professional. His knowledge with Mattis and the others should make everyone sleep better at night, especially if you have a loved one in the military…

MAGA

33. Brucerit says:

I think Martha Redazz looks a lot like Chelsea Clinton.

34. Peter says:

I sure like Gorka. This guy is ok, I’m sure competent, but Bannon and Gorka and Conway , Cory too, they just have it going on, gravitas …,just saying.

35. paulinohio says:

I see some comments above about Twitter, unfollowing people, drama, etc. Here is my main issue with the cult of Alt-Reality. They take time away from good people like Sundance and others that could be spent on something positive. They are outrage merchants, always looking to be wronged. Does that remind anyone of another group?

They say “We can disagree with Trump’s positions on X, but still agree on Y” and to that I say OK. But they are not merely disagreeing with positions they are starting and spreading unfounded rumors. And in the process they work up some of their followers into a frenzy. They are constantly telling people to prepare the pitchforks, while people like SD are saying “hey, wait a minute that is not what is going on”.

They do it all in the name of clicks.

Right now @TheLastRefuge2 has 32.5K followers on Twitter. Some of these other Alt-Reality folks have 500K. But who really had a bigger influence on the election? Who brings factual information to people in way that honestly very few others are capable of? I can point to specific situations where, unless it is a huge coincidence, I am relatively certain the Trump Team used SD’s info for the campaign. (And more than just great artwork.)

Yes, I unfollowed a large handful of people last week. While I always realized that many of the Alt-Reality people were in it for money, I never realized they would be willing to put themselves ahead of EVERYTHING else. They are narcissists who care about nothing but clicks and ebook sales.

If people want to tell me that is the wrong thing to do I have this to say: I feel like if I followed these people and retweeted their garbage I was working against POTUS. On Twitter your follower count is like your credibility factor. For better or worse, that is a fact. So to me even just following them is helping them work against Trump.

To be clear I have zero issue with people disagreeing with something that Trump, or any other politician does. Dissent is both necessary and healthy. The issue I have is that these people are making things up and pushing a narrative in order to enrich themselves.

At the other end of the spectrum are people like Bill Mitchell, with whom I don’t always agree. But what I don’t see is him pushing some unfounded narrative in order to get clicks. He is a cheerleader and he admits as much.

At the end of the days it always comes back to this: The Truth has no agenda.

God bless all of my fellow patriots on this Easter Sunday.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

My favorite Mitchell quote:

• paulinohio says:

I like Bill. I give him props for not pretending to be some sort of “journalist”. He is a political commentator and people like to listen to what he has to say.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Bill is great. He keeps it very simple, but many of his simple observations about Trump are absolutely dead-on, and are very key to understanding Trump. Diamond and Silk are like that, too. They don’t get swayed by the BS. They know where Trump stands, and serve as a reality check when others start getting overly dramatic about reading the tea leaves. I find such people very grounding.

• Wink says:

Amen to that. Bill Still on youtube is pretty level headed, too.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Bill Still is awesome. I didn’t realize how good until after this whole 2016 election. He gets stuff out in a timely fashion, and he articulates the quality of the sourcing very honestly.

• Frankly Ben says:

I try to judge these new media personalities by thinking how I would react to them if we were just sitting in a room having a conversation.

In that light I’d have very serious concerns about the crazy man Alex Jones and the hyper Cernovich. PJ Watson is simply in over his head. The two Bills, Mitchell and Still, would be a couple of nice guys with whom you could have a good conversation about anything.

• Ziiggii says:

Well stated!

• Weeper says:

A lot of people don’t participate in the social media world. It doesn’t mean we don’t come here to read, as well as other places, to stay informed. I KNOW Sundance and this site have impacted me. Did a post at the end of today’s Open Presidential thread that deals with the lyin MSM in my life. I guess these folks feel, if the MSM can lie and capitalize on it, why shouldn’t they.

• paulinohio says:

This site has more impact than the Alt-reality combined.

What I said about the number of followers was only to point out that with this site it is about us and with many of the Alt-Reality is about them. Kind of like the different between Trump and Hillary. He was with us, while they were with her.

• vidlbis says:

paulinohio, I’d like to add this if you don’t mind.

Since – when we’re done – we get to account for everything we did in this life, it’ll be a lot cleaner to only do what we don’t have to do a lot of explaining for.

We don’t have to follow who we don’t want to follow, and we know who to account to for our decisions.

Mostly, our own conscience.

You seem to be doing just fine.

36. ZurichMike says:

“selected by conspiracy nuts and alt-reality moonbats as a necessary evil foil to retain their pearl-clutching placement at the table of doomsday drum-beating”

I think that about sums it up. LOL! I just adore this phrase.

37. Kelly says:

Thank you for this Sundance. I hasn’t been just the conspiracy nuts and alt-realty moodbats that have seem to have lost their minds, denouncing PDJT and accusing him of flip-flopping on his campaign promises. Normally rational folks like Laura Ingraham have been criticizing the President non-stop. Feels as if one day, I woke up into an alternate reality where everyone has lost their rational minds.

38. Nick says:

Thanks for showing your hand Sundance. I have far more faith in Mike Cernovich, Vox Day and any other number of nationalists over an anonymous cuck who blows smoke 24/7. Trump isn’t God, and if his feet aren’t held to the fire he’ll cuck out like anyone else surrounded by globalists and leftist children. For such a prolific, all-knowing commentator, you sure spend precious little time on demographics and immigration, the critical issues of our time. The Constitution and civic nationalism are as likely to save America as social justice warrior leftism.