Prayer Requests – 10

Please share any prayer requests you may have for friends or loved ones here….

Prayer Requests – Part 9

Prayer Requests – Part 8

Prayer Requests – Part 7

Prayer Requests – Part 6

Prayer Requests – Part 5

Prayer Requests – Part 4

Prayer Requests – Part 3

Prayer Requests – Part 2

Prayer Requests – Part 1

About Ad rem

Millions of little gray cells wrapped in fur.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,305 Responses to Prayer Requests – 10

1. bcsurvivor2 says:

Hi All,
    I’m on the prayer thread everyday. I read every word and pray along with you.
    So happy to hear you are feeling better Just. It was a real treat speaking with you the other day.
    I spoke with Ma” the other day also. She’s almost done with chemo YAY.
    Prayers for Lori and Gary. My back is soooo much better, thank goodness.
    I always look for you Joe!
    Praying everyone is healing and enjoying this beautiful weekend.
    God Bless the wonderful moms out there.
    Peace,
    Eve

2. Ddanna says:

I come here a couple of times a week to see who needs prayer and to hear from people who haven’t been here for a while to hopefully get updates and to hear they are doing better. It is so uplifting to hear that you, just facts please are doing better as I have been praying for you, Lori and Gary. I’m so glad you got to meet Ma & BCsurvivor — prayers for you all and the rest of the gang here!
    I would love for any of you to say a prayer for me and my husband as we travel to Florida and back this coming week to visit our granddaughters.
    God bless all here!

3. Okay, found the image hosting service that works. So to and for all of you here whose prayers and kind words in your comments have so blessed me….(and am still praying for all of you!)

Shalom, God speed and have a great week…and let us all continue to pray daily for the needs of those here, and rejoice for those here who have gotten some relief and are better. We praise God for every blessing and gift of His mercy and grace He so liberally gives us every day, even on our bad days.

4. Weeper says:

I’ve been spending the past week or so catching up on my reading here, as well on the other threads, and I keep coming across posts asking about Treepers, myself being one of them. It’s time for an update….probably past time, but we bite off what we “can” chew and go from there. Your keeping me in your thoughts and prayers, and lifting me up, is needed and appreciated. I have a story that I will share in a bit that is my proof that my prayer warriors are the best at what they do.

I have just finished a month long treatment regimen that involved daily radiation, and weekly chemotherapy. The side effects were/are very intense, and between them and the regulating of pain medication, most days having the strength/energy to even read, let alone compose/write coherent thoughts, is quite a challenge.

I have no health update yet. I’ll have a PET scan in a couple of weeks, which will hopefully show that my illness hasn’t traveled elsewhere in my body. The tube draining my kidney remains because my kidney needs to continue to function at the highest possible level. Once the radiated area has a chance to “recover”, discussions will commence on internalizing the tube and in essence “turning” my bladder back on to “hopefully” function properly, without pain. We’ll see.

The oncologist is eager, as soon as he has final approval (few weeks….he keeps saying that), to start me on a new experimental drug that has a pretty good success rate. I’m not counting eggs, or chickens, at this point.

Your thoughts and prayers are working, so please….don’t stop. I will try to provide updates as frequently as I can. Last week I had a very bad day of side effects. Brutal would be a one word description. There’s no need to go into details, but I was in tears. I was alone at home and needed to tend to myself, but I was overwhelmed…..I needed help. I cried and prayed to god, to help give me the strength to care for myself, and low and behold…..before I knew it, I was up and dealing with it like a champ. I could “feel” all that love and support coming to me, to help give me the strength to do what I needed to do. It felt so good. Thank you. Just knowing others care about you is enough. I’m so grateful. My prayer warriors are the best.

I also look for updates on the others, and pray for them every day. I hope that even if they are unable to post, that they are reading along and can feel the love and support, like I do.

God Bless,
    W

• Lumina says:

So happy to hear from you and that you could feel our prayers give you strength…I just put on my long necklace with an angel to remind me to pray for you and everyone….and I am smiling and saying a prayer of thanksgiving…!!!

• justfactsplz says:

Oh, Weeper, it is so good to hear from you! You have really been through it. My prayers continue for you. May God strengthen you and encourage you daily. I know what you mean about feeling peoples prayers who pray for us here. I have felt them too so many times. keep us posted as you are able.

• bjosz says:

Weeper:
      Wonderful! 🙂
      God is great, and prayers work 🙂

5. bcsurvivor2 says:

Hi All,
    Just stopped by for a minute to ask for prayers for Ma’ii. She is having surgery today for another part of her treatment plan.
    Thanks,
    Eve

• justfactsplz says:

I got a text from her that she is home and resting. She is sore. She has Dokame’s middle school graduation and chemo yet this week so she needs to rest as much as she can. Hope you are doing magnificent.

6. Mimi says:

My brother was just diagnosed with esophageal cancer. CT shows live, lung, lymph node involvement. Waiting for more results. Please pray for healing and comfort. He is in the anger and denial stage. I pray for his strength and for him to receive Gods love and healing hands.

• Joe Blow says:

I’m very sorry to hear that, Mimi. I pray for the Lord’s peace & comfort for your brother, & that He might heal him according to His will. God bless.

• justfactsplz says:

Mimi, I pray for you also. I lost my sister in January and I know how hard it is when your sibling is critically ill. I pray that your brother would seek God’s face and let God help him with his anger. I pray if it is God’s will that he would miraculously heal your brother. I pray for comfort and God’s peace that passeth all understanding.

• judith stuck says:

Thank you. PET scan shows lymph node involved but liver and lungs were non-cancerous. Starts treatment this week. I pray he draws closer to God as well. He is the only way.

• justfactsplz says:

It is good that the liver and lungs are not involved. I pray that the Holy Spirit will put him under conviction and that he will realize how much he needs a relationship with Christ.

7. Hi all, I read this thread from time to time and say a prayer for the individuals who post here.
    My grandparents were Pentecostal and I spent my younger years at church with them. Tent revivals and such. I have strong memories of the power of prayer and healing hands.

My best friend, Margie, of 30 years has been diagnosed with AML at the young age of 49. She was to have a bone marrow transplant but the chemo did not work. Now she must have radiation. The Drs. Have not given her much hope.
    I wished my granny were still alive, for many reasons, but also to pray for my friend.

She is heavy on my mind. I am not one to ask for anything, but I think you kind folks could take my granny’s place in praying for her.

So, I have a request, if you feel moved to pray for Margie, I would be ever so humbled.

8. Dear Precious Treeper Prayer Warriors,

Thank you for sharing so many prayer requests within our Treehouse. I am praying for each of your requests while reading along.

Please also lift up Angelle Staria who is currently going through very difficult & challenging times.

Also, on a much lesser note would you pray for my husband, twins, & daughter’s boyfriend who are heading Up North to our hunting shack to take down tree stands, bring in some wood, fellowship, & target shoot. Pray for safety & God’s guidance in all their interactions. Thanks for praying for my family’s needs so many times over the years.

Precious Lord, please pour in the Oil & the Wine of your Spirit over my brothers & sisters…may they receive of You all they need to comfort, strengthen, heal, sustain, & renew them in Jesus’ name.

• Joe Blow says:

Prayers up, Valerie. God bless!

• justfactsplz says:

Prayers for your family’s safe t trip to the hunt camp and back. May they have wonderful fellowship while they are there.

Prayers also for Angelle for whatever needs he is facing. May God provide all he needs.

• Hey Valerie:

I love Monday mornings cuz it means I get to be here a little bit….

Okay, do you mind if I “correct” you just a little, tiny bit?

“Also, on a much lesser note would you pray for my husband, twins, & daughter’s boyfriend who are heading Up North…”

…should be changed to:

“Also, would you pray for my husband, twins, & daughter’s boyfriend who are heading Up North…”

Why? Because your needs for prayer and they are not lesser. No way. We are all significant and important to Christ in His Body.

There, FIFY! ;-))

Shalom always…

• Thanks for the reminder. It’s just that there are a lot of Biggie needs shared on the prayer request pages & asking for God’s blessings & protection on my family for a fun work weekend seemed to be not as crucial. Since “in Him we live & move & have our being” we need His favor & grace on a daily basis of course & praying for each other blesses us all…

When the guys were driving North they asked Josiah to say a prayer for their trip.
        At one point he asked God to “just leave us alone” & M & B were like hold on we need God with us. So then J goes to the other extreme & asks the Lord to “give us a dose of hard reality” so the guys were like no, no we don’t want difficulties just God’s presence & guidance…

Years ago on a hunting weekend where Josiah was in attendance they asked him to pray for one of the meals. Now he has an incredible memory about certain things & he recalled that in my genealogical endeavors that on my husband’s side they have an ancestor named Pocahontas Lipscomb. I had speculated that she Might have been descended from The Pocahontas since that was such an unusual name but perhaps her descendants were proud that she was their ancestral mother so would re-introduce her name in the family line periodically. So over a meal J gave this wandering, meandering prayer while all the hunters who were very hungry from being in the woods wanted to dig in. When J got to the place of having God bless his great grandma Pocahontas my brother Mike wrapped that prayer up pronto.

That Pocahontas prayer is now part of hunting camp lore & I expect J’s unusual prayers on this trip will get a regular airing in the coming years. That’s one of the beauties, blessings, & mysteries of the hunting camp experience–the sharing of the stories that bind them together across the generations…

When Michael had first taken Josiah along to hunting camp he was much younger & more challenging to manage with autism & ADHD issues. Since he wasn’t a hunter it was important to find a way for him to enjoy extended quiet time in the woods. M shared how he usually has devotional & prayer time while in a treestand & how God speaks to him through nature. He tried to get J to understand & somewhat replicate such experiences & once J got into his Shack Rhythm he too would have some amazing encounters with the Lord in the beauty, majesty, & relative tranquility (compared to city/suburb living) of His natural cathedral of the North Woods. Those God-centered times are now among some of the most precious & private of their Up North Endeavors!

• llamamama3 says:

God Bless you Angelle. I am praying for you many times every day. 🙏

9. Angelle has checked in here if you want to follow along in that conversation: https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2011/02/01/prayer-requests-10/comment-page-3/#comment-7019233

& he was reminding me of how fervently he’s praying for so many of us even as he’s in the midst of some very trying battles. Here’s a taste of what he was sharing:

“Thank you for following the Lord’s leading. So glad that Sundance has made provision for Treepers to be able to communicate as such. May the Lord bless and remember him for facilitating the spiritual aspect as part of TCTH/Last Refuge.
    Shalom and blessings for all yours!
    PS: Shout out and hi to Ad rem, Menagerie, Josiah, Joe Blow, patrickhenrycensored, Weeper, wisdomtravelsletstalkconservative, justfactsplz, 4sure, and all our sick and needy Treepers. May God bless and be with all of you and your families in all holy peace and comfort of His Heart of mercy, grace and love!”

Please continue to lift him to the Lord in your prayers. Blessings to all!

10. Hey Ad Rem I have a post with too many graphics in Reply to Angelle on the previous “older comments” page. Can you pull it out of the bin or do I need to split it into 2 or 3 parts? Thanks for all you do herding cats around here. God Bless & Keep YOU!!!

11. Ad rem says:

Just received this in our Tree House email…

Please pray for Patricia Yi who recently has been diagnosed with a very serious illness, thank you. D. Downing

12. Ad rem says:

And yet, another email…

Please pray for our daughter, Theresa….44 today. She is a ANP…..loves her work ….prison/hospice/foster care….but is now applying for disability as her Lupus has gotten quite bad. Not being able to work is such a loss for her…

Pray that God will send Theresa peace and calm in her soul, as her body is letting her down.

Thank you, friends.

Bonnie in Iowa ~

• justfactsplz says:

I prayed for Theresa. It Is terribly hard to become disabled nd not be able to work any longer. I tried to push and keep working but eventually my body too won out over my will. Lupus can be a devastating disease. My Lori, age 46 is having a terrible time with it and the neurosurgeon is being very cautious about surgery on her because of the Lupus.

• Ddanna says:

Prayers for Bonnie’s daughter Theresa. Please, dear God help Theresa through this disease and give her strength to have a lot of good days and help her to stay as active as possible to keep her spirits up.

13. Ad rem says:

We received an email this morning asking for prayer…

My oldest daughter is going thru some very tough emotional times right now. She & I were on the phone for almost 4 hrs last night. She feels penned in by her fiance of now 4 yrs. Lately, they arent making any progress due to some new observations of him. She feels guilty just even thinking about leaving him and
    she doesnt really know what to do.

Her younger sister is continually bullying her among other things and frankly with everything else she feels drained.

Please pray for us so we can find a house together
    where I live.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and pray for us
    Sincerely , S

• justfactsplz says:

Prayers for S’s daughter that she will have the courage to leave her fiancé. I pray for wisdom for both women as they consider living together. May God bless ane keep the both,

• Ddanna says:

I pray for God’s guidance for S’s daughter and may God help both S and her daughter in the decision to find a place to live.

14. bjosz says:

I have been looking for Menagerie. Anyone hear from her lately?

15. Ddanna says:

Thanks to all who prayed for my husband and I to have a safe trip to Florida to visit our granddaughters. We had a wonderful visit and got back safely. I waved to justfactsplease & bcsurvivor coming in & leaving a Florida and said a little prayer for both of them.
    Just wanted all here to know you are loved and God bless you and your families. 🙏🙏

16. Good evening, Treepers.

Am on for awhile since in about an hour I will be posting my weekly military tribute. It’s kinda special being as in about an hour, it will be Memorial Day. This week’s presentation was deeply emotional to put together. Hope it will bless all Treepers. If you get a chance, come by and visit the Presidential thread when you can since that is where I post it.

Still praying for all you here in this thread that have health issues and are sick. I won’t forget you!

Shalom and God bless all of you. Hope you all have as good of a holiday as possible.

17. mopar2016 says:

Like to ask for a prayer for my Mom, she fell yesterday. She didn’t break anything this time.
    She’s pretty banged up, they had her on morphine last night, but she looks better today.
    She’s been staying with me since my dad died at the end of February. Just got home from the hospital, she can’t stand up or walk right now but I’m thankful that she looks better.
    Thanks Treepers and God bless.

• justfactsplz says:

Mopar, I have often wondered how you and your mother were doing since your dad passed away. I will pray for your mother’s recovery and that God will ease her suffering. I know you have a heavy plate. Prayers for you too.

• Joe Blow says:

Prayers up for your mom, Mopar. Been praying for you both every day. God bless.

18. uvaldegirl says:

This feels so selfish but please, Treepers, keep my husband and I in your prayers. We are of that middle age where employers in our field are not so into hiring us. Consulting contracts are becoming further paced apart and we have kids to feed and hopefully pay for their higher educations. The Trump economic miracle is outstanding, but living in CA does negate some of its bountiful benefits. So please share a prayer for us. We are ready, willing, able and looking. There’s a few more good years of labor in us yet! May God guide us toward uplfting work. Thanks all.

19. justfactsplz says:

Uvldegirl, I pray that you and your husband will find plentiful contracts of gainful employment. They are not supposed to discriminate about age in employment but they do unfortunately. My heart goes out to you. People are hurting everywhere even with the improved economy.

My husband and I are disabled senior citizens with no hope in sight for our financial situation. Medical bills are eating us alive and we are doing without a lot of medical care we need. It shouldn’t be that way in America. We would much rather be working. To add insult to injury we see illegal aliens having it made once they cross our borders with al kinds of help. SMH.

May God bless you and enable you to finish raising your family and may you flourish.

• uvaldegirl says:

I so appreciate your prayers. You and your husband are also in my prayers, 100%. We skip a lot of preventative care because of high insurance deductibles. That’s another tough side of getting caught in the consulting trap, no company benefits. God bless you every day.

20. justfactsplz says:

Treepers, pray for me for strength and power to pick myself up once again. I have fallen into a deep depression and cannot shake it. Things couldn’t be much worse for me and Gary except I praise God for my recovery at long last. To make matters worse Gary doesn’t want to hear about God and His goodness. He says God has never done anything good for him. This was a very heavy blow for me to hear this from him.

I am fighting so hard to just hold unto our home beause without it we would be homeless and aqm struggling to put food on the table. The mistake in our escrow and mortgage payment has yet to b resolved. The mortgage company gives me different stories every time I talk to them. This is supposed to be a USDA loan. it has sold three times already and this last one is awful to deal with.

I really need to feel God is still with me as I am crying much of each day now. My heart and soul knows He loves me and would never forsake me but I am fighting a very evil enemy right now.

• Lumina says:

You’re in my prayers dear lady…

• Joe Blow says:

Oh justfacts, my heart hurts to hear this. The evil one is very active right now attacking God’s children. I pray that He will pick you both up & set you on high, just as the Bible describes in Isaiah 40:31—”but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”

Be assured, He will never leave you. He knows your heart. He is with you even when it may seem otherwise.

• Joe, I’ll stand with you, Lumina and all pray for justfactsplz!

Shalom, brother!

• Joe, I don’t know if you are aware that patrickhenrycensored posted his goodbye on the open thread yesterday – May 29th.

I thought I missed it, but I got on about a half an hour ago, left a message that I didn’t know if it was too late or not for him to be able to read it. He replied. So as of 30 minutes ago, he’s hanging on to his branch and replying comments.

Let us pray for the Lord to comfort him, ease his heart and pain, and give him the greatest peace.

Love you, brother!

• Joe Blow says:

Thank you, Angelle. I did not see it but I will go & post a reply right now. Standing in prayer for him with you.

• Blue Ridge Mts. Va says:

I thought I had missed it. Had a horrible thunder storm with the power knocked out.

I am not good with death at all. Lost both parents to cancer. My mother – 2013. Dad — 1999 (Navy service related). Mother was in terrible pain.

Not good with ppl death, or canine death. Anyway I will miss PCH for his wit, and knowledge. Praying for him. That is all I can do. I spend a lot of time praying for our president, our local deployed servicemen/ladies. PCH is on my prayer list.

Recently there was a terrible disaster in the region that killed 4 people in the explosion/fire. That had my attention for the last 3 weeks. I have been praying for the spouses, two young boys of one of the victims (they will never see their beautiful mother again). The entire region has been affected by the loss of the store owner, his daughter, his son, and one customer. There were some customers who were hurt, but they have been released from the hospital.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you, Joe, for reminding me of that verse in Isaiah. There is another one abut hines feet, I believe. I know this too will pass.

• I pray for you everyday, but I will make this need a special request to the Lord. I pray for the Lord to work in your behalf in such a way that would cause your husband to know that it was the grace and help of God.

You’ve got our hearts with you everyday in prayer and care.

Shalom and may the Lord’s peace comfort you and stand against all fears.

• uvaldegirl says:

Just reading this posting. Dear God, may this be ‘darkest before dawn’ for Justfactsplz. Show her loving mercy and a path forward.

• Concerned Virginian says:

Sending Good Energy and asking for the help of the Almighty for you and yours.

• God bless you and keep you and bring LIGHT into your life, and open your husband’s eyes too. So sorry for your very tough time.

• MaineCoon says:

Justfactsplz, There was a time in my life where I felt the same way as you — I could barely hold on, and I barely did. I knew God was there, somewhere, but I could barely hear Him but I hung on. He was all I had – or so it seemed.

The decades have since past, as I continued to serve the Lord, He faithfully transformed my mind and matured me spiritually.

I had a setback with my sister yesterday. The family history saddens me as my close walk separates me from her, but God is working. But, the setback had me crying to the Lord this morning. As I read God’s Word, this verse impacted me because the Holy Spirit has strengthened me through many years and I no longer react out of fear when my sister does in the same circumstance. Even she stated this.

My prayer for you is that God will strengthen you from the human emotion of fear to trust in Him that He is is sovereign over all things including YOU and your circumstances.

“He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
      Hs heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.” Psalm 112:7-8

Every step of your day, just stop, say: ” Lord, help me.” “Lord, you have given us this house. If you want us here, it is your house to continue to have us here or not. Please fight my battle. Help me.”

Talk with God. Prayer is communication with God. He wants to hear from you so He can help you.

I will be lifting you up in prayer.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you MaineCoon for prayers and encouraging words. I am still standing and tell myself I will not be shaken. I talk to God everyday and thank Him for all of my blessings, his grace, and great love for me. ‘

Everything just piled up with my surgeries, the house problems, and the enemy trying to take what God has given me. Greater is He that is in me. I know God is with me and I will once again feel His presence. I know He is carrying me now but that I will regain my strength in the Lord.

• Oh JFP I’m sorry for your continuing sorrows & challenges. I too struggle with depression & recall a time years ago when I was in a place of deep darkness following a broken engagement. I was in grad school at the time & the only school activity, beyond attending classes, I forced myself to do was memorize certain scriptures for Friday quizzes. So many of these verses were exactly what I needed when it seemed “the heavens were as brass” & I had no “feeling” of God’s presence. May you, too, be encouraged by His Word.

Hopefully some of those encouraging scriptures showed above & a Cardinal Blessing will show here…

God Bless, Keep, Heal, Strengthen, Encourage, Comfort, Guide, & Provide for all your needs (& your family’s) according to His Riches in Glory in Christ Jesus! In Jesus’ Love

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you Valerie for your kind words of compassion and beautiful pictures with verses. One thing I so love about this prayer thread is how we lift each other up. We can bare our soul to one another and our weaknesses and not fear being judged. We lift each other up and that is such a great thing God has given us here.

• Justfactsplz, I do hope you can hang in there throughout all of your troubles.

In the business I work in I have heard so many stories like yours about the problems with the mortgage and I do hope you will get the help you deserve.

You are far from being alone in this and please do not feel alone and please do not give up.

It is such a huge fear to be facing to be losing a home but hopefully you will be able to solve this unreasonable mess.

Please hand on to the hope that you are in the legal right here and these mortgage companies are just trying to make things seem like they are something that they are not.

Again I have seen so many people frightened, feeling overwhelmed and alone.

The lending companies can He– to deal with and perhaps you need legal advice and help.

But please do not feel alone or frightened.

Good luck to you and your husband, and good luck with your home.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you. This home means so much to us because I believe it was a gift from God and that He picked it out for us when we had almost given up hope finding a home. I have sent a letter to the mortgage company from the property tax appraiser’s office showing all of our homestead exemptions and what our taxes should be. They should adjust this for us but I have yet to hear from them about this. They are “researching” this still. Shysters they are, lol. I really appreciate your prayers and kind words.

• CoffeeBreak says:

I’m praying for you, JFP! God and your fellow Treepers love you and are with you. Your friends here have lived many lives in their one life- we have faced these troubles and understand these woes.

In April of this year, I was prepared to just go- I was so alright with it. When I woke up the next day, I cried because I didn’t know how I’d keep plodding through this period. But, we do.

Ad rem forwarded you my email address. When you’re up to it, please write me.

Many thanks to Ad rem for your assistance.

• justfactsplz says:

CoffeeBreak, I did get contacted by Ad rem and did do a quick email to you but Gmail said your mailbox was full. So I wrote Ad rem back and gave her permission to give you my email address. She said she would try to contact you and give it to you. it I so wonderful that God never leaves us alone. He is ever by our side and sends us friends to be by our side and hold us up in prayer. What a blessing that is. You are right, we do plod through the storms of life and come into the sunshine.

21. Concerned Virginian says:

Well, now it’s my turn to ask for Divine intervention.
    Some of you of the CTH family may know that my husband passed away last year at age 107. I was his primary caregiver 24/7 for the last 12 years of his life, including during the final 4 months when he was in Hospice (at that point I was also overseeing the Hospice staff as I had his Durable POA). I can’t tell you how many nights I slept in my clothes to be ready for an instant trip to the ER. The stress and tension were unrelenting even with hired private healthcare help (which ate into his life savings). The final week of his life was the worst.
    Long story short:
    For months after my husband’s death I was not well. Too many symptoms that went beyond grief and mourning. Too many symptoms that went beyond rounds of grief counseling.
    Finally a few months ago, the doctor made the diagnosis: PTSD.
    Yep, PTSD. All those symptoms that didn’t feel “right” and didn’t fit with grief. They all instead fit with the combat PTSD symptoms that so many of our military come down with.
    Am now in treatment for PTSD, part of which is a course of EMDR therapy.
    The doctor and the therapists tell me that I’ll beat this and heal. That’s hard for me to believe when I get the nightmares and the flashbacks at 3AM the effects of which can last for hours.
    But I am determined to beat it. PTSD is basically your subconscious memories and experiences taking control of your daily life—trying to make you live in the past. The goal of treatment and therapy is to train the subconscious to heal of these memories and experiences so it stays far in the background where it is meant to stay.
    if you of the CTH family can spare a good thought or prayer, I thank you.

• CV…

You bet we’ll be with you, and more than just a good thought.

Your doctor is smart. Your symptoms do absolutely follow the pattern of battle fatigue, especially the nightmares. Took me years for mine to become less frequent. Good on your doctors for wisely diagnosing your symptoms as such instead of running all kinds of never-ending tests.

The CTH…and especially this prayer request thread, is the right place to reach out for prayer and spiritual help and strength. We’ll be here for you. I am not on as much here of late, but I diligently keep our Treepers ever before the Lord every day and then some.

All the Lord’s love in our hearts for you in prayer…and also as we plead for the Lord to generously give great grace to our brother, PHC.

Shalom and be blessed always!

• uvaldegirl says:

I have heard of this EMDR and I really hope that it works for you. Remember your faith in God and that he is always there.

• Joe Blow says:

CV, I pray that the Lord will heal & restore you not only through this EMDR but also by the renewal of your spirit. God bless.

• Lumina says:

I pray your treasured happy and peaceful memories of your life will replace the bad & sad ones. Also that each new day will bring you a new moment of joy whether it be a beautiful evening sunlight illuminating an iris or sweet bird appearing on the fence just to say Hi…

• Marygrace Powers says:

Hi Concered Virginian,
      Can’t remember where
      I read a story almost
      Identical to yours but wanted
      to tell you the following before
      I go to sleep.

There is a hormone called
      Oxytocin that is used successfully
      In treating PTSD. Look up
      the info online it may be
      the answer in helping with
      your treatment. I’ll look
      in the morning and post the
      info I read.

Caregivers really go through
      a lot and what you are experiencing
      is understandable.

God Bless you,
      Marygrace

• Praying for you, that God will bring you comfort—

The Episcopal liturgy (order of service) includes what are called “the Comfortable words”, just to remind us that God loves us and knows our troubles. I’ve always found them of help in times of deep crisis, pain or troubles. Below are two of them which I hope might prove helpful for you in your pain:

“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. -Matthew 11:28”
      “God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. -John 3:16”

• duchess01 says:

Dear Virginian: My thoughts and prayers are with you – have family members who suffer as you do as well for whom I pray daily – God loves you so much – and He wants the best for you – always – when you awaken each day – call out to Him – Trust in Him – Acknowledge Him – Lean not on your own understanding – and He will make your path straight – paraphrasing Proverbs 3:5-7 – Hugs!

Here are some suggestions that may help – remember – symptoms can be prolonged and/or aggravated by poor nutrition – your body is suffering – feed it good food – mentally, physically, and spiritually – reading the Bible is very calming – listening to calming music helps as well – but – what you feed your body daily is important, too – when God made the Heavens and the Earth – He gave us everything we need to heal and be healthy –

• duchess01 says:

• bcsurvivor2 says:

Duchess,
        Thanks for the nutritional advice. I’ll try it.
        Being calm, quiet music,meditating didn’t help me. Meditating was the worst, it always led me back to the trauma.
        Funny, what helps me is rock and roll, country music, blue grass and Jazz. I love to dance, in my own living room. Quite the sight I’m sure.
        A few weeks ago i saw an interview where the interviewer was Dan rather. he had Steven Perry on from Journey. I was very impressed with Perry. Rather asked Perry if he had any children. Perry said “Yes,, I have a daughter”. So Rather pushed and pushed about the daughter. Perry said”That’s all you need to know” and ended the interview. Right on!
        Anyhow, my husband ,being a bass player, has 100’s of cd’s, every genre of music you can imagine. So I went looking for Journey, nope, nada, nothing. So I ordered 2 DVD’s. Now I have Journey ear worms all day long. lol.Oh hubby does have journey but it’s all on cassette tapes , how old school is that?
        Just thought I’d give you a chuckle.
        Thanks for all you gives us here on TCH. you are a Gem
        Peace,
        Eve

• duchess01 says:

To each his/her own, Eve – whatever works for you – music is so personal – guess the idea is to take one’s mind off of what ails us – but, yes – really enjoyed the * chuckle * – Thanks – God Bless You!

• Blue Ridge Mts. Va says:

I will pray. I am going to suggest some equine assisted psychotherapy for the PTSD, besides the other therapies. There are some great equine therapists in Va.

• duchess01 says:

What a great idea, Blue Ridge! Equine Therapy is effective for all kinds of human ailments – horses are quite attuned to human emotions as well as physical limitations – we had two horses sent to Therapy Farms – Bart is working with mentally/physically disabled children – and – Thea is working with physically disabled adults – God is Great in His Gifts!

God Bless you for your loving suggestion, Blue!

• Blue Ridge Mts. Va says:

Thank you, Duchess01. Horses are very effective at reading us. They mirror us. And if it too hard to find an equine therapist who specializes in PTSD treatment, there are always dogs who also mirror us.

• duchess01 says:

Animals are a gift from God – imho – so attuned to our needs – our emotions – our limitations – and people who know how to bring out the best in both! Thank You for your gift, Blue – God Bless You!

• MaineCoon says:

Dear CV, There was a time in my life when I was in extreme grief and simultaneously extreme pain from my sisters. I was fighting the battle, and losing. Finally, I cried out to the Lord…”are all the promises in your Word for others, but not me?”
      God has shown me that the battle is His, although I have to rely on Him for guidance and my walk.
      You are a child of God’s. He holds you in the palm of His hand. Christ is the Great Physician. I found a verse(s) that I kept reading over and over until I believed it was true for me. Maybe you will find such a verse and read it every night before going to bed, prayfully asking God to fulfill that promise in your life. Psalm 91 is the Psalm I read for His assurance. Did you know that Psalm 91:5 says,

“You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.” Vs. 5-6

“If you make the Most High your dwelling — even the Lord, who is my refuge — then no harm will befall you, no distaster will come near your tens. For He will command his angels concerning you to gueard you in all your ways….”. v. 9-11

Read God’s Scripture back in prayer before bedtime, and ask God’s fulfillment of these prmises for you, His child.

His Word is unfathomable Truth.

Thank you God, thank you Christ for the healing and fulfillment of your promises to CV, In Christ Name and to Your Glory. Amen.

• I’ve also been told that I May be wrestling with a form of PTSD, following numerous battles & medical challenges on behalf of my special needs son. Hearing that I was suffering from “trauma” helped me to better understand where I was & it was refreshing to have another person acknowledge the validity/severity of what was being faced (even if almost no-one else seemed to understand)…Anyway I wrote a couple of blog posts that deal w/ PTSD & both have a decent amount of encouraging scripture images that might minister to you as they have to me.

May the Lord be with you as you process these traumatizing events & learn to walk in His Grace & Strength & Peace that passes understanding. May you find Him to be sufficient to carry the heavy burdens of deeply traumatizing past pain & current sorrow. In Christ

God Bless, Keep, Heal, Refresh, Restore, & Renew YOU!

• Dear Concerned Virginian, our families prayers will be with your every day.

I do not have many thoughts except to tell you to trust your doctor’s and other caregivers.

The limited experience we have had with PTSD is exactly like you describe it.

When the family member when suffered from this followed the advice of the medical caregivers she eventually was able to recover very well, but it did take a while.

Our love and prayers to you every day.

• CoffeeBreak says:

Concerned Virginian, you’ve been in my thoughts since I read last year that your husband had recently passed. I’ve often wondered how you’re doing. It’s good to see you posting. You’re amongst friends, here.

I also have PTSD, so I understand. My deepest regards, CV. You’re in my prayers.

• justfactsplz says:

Concerned Virginian, I know you have been through so much with your husband’s illness and death. He had a long life. I remember when you said he wanted to live long enough to see Donald Trump elected president and he did.

It is so much harder in many ways on the caregiver than it is the patient. A long illness like that can really take a toll on the body, mind, and emotions of the caregiver. The good thing is you have a diagnosis for all of your symptoms. I pray you will get excellent treatment for the PTSD and that God will surround you with His peace and grace.

• Kaco says:

Dear Concerned Virginian,

I remember when you spoke of your dear husband. My deepest sympathy to you.

I pray the therapy works. If you see my post and if you don’t mind, could you update us how it went? Can you describe what happens?

I’m especially seeking, as this is something I’ve wanted to try and hope will fix my issue that I’ve had the past four years. I had bad reactions to medicines that potentiated this problem that developed with it. Luckily most of the other side effects have dissipated over time but I still have a couple of issues I’m hoping to overcome.

Thank you.

22. bcsurvivor2 says:

Concerned Virginian ,
    I know exactly what you are going through. Not to take away from what you are experiencing but by way of having the utmost sympathy for you. PSTD is real.
    I was sexually abused by my dad for most of my younger years…up to age 16 when I threatened to kill him.
    Fast way forward to my former husband that had a brain tumor and I was his sole caregiver. I felt I had to have my boxing gloves on everytime I encountered a doctor that wanted to do one more scan or experimental treatment. It was awful. No it was heart rendering. I still ask my lovely husband if I did a good job with my former husband.He passed 10 years ago.
    i had my breast cancer check up yesterday, although my handle is bc2 it should read bc3. 3 recurrences. im a mess the day before my appointment…but Im always ok.
    Yup those nightmares and flashbacks are too real and awful.REALLY scary.
    I’m not really religious, not even really sure what that means….being religious..
    But when the thoughts hit me and I cant sleep or I question myself….
    I recite The Lords prayer.

Our Father Who art in Heaven,
    Hallowed be my name.
    Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread,
    and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and
    lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
    For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for
    ever and ever.
    AMEN
    Prayers for gentle peace, peace will come. remember you did what you could and did it with love for your husband. No one is perfect especially in these situations. But God Knows….

• bc…

Great follow up to CV’s request.

This was a good place to share your experiences. It certainly puts you on my prayer radar! Count on it.

Btw, I wouldn’t be too concerned about what being religious means. It’s more important to be “spiritual.” If you look up to the Lord, have faith in His Name, call on His Name….which you are doing when you pray the Lord’s Prayer, He hears you.

That prayer is the absolute perfect prayer….it covers the worship of God, the will of God, our daily needs, forgiveness for ourselves and others, protection from evil and a doxology of praise to end it. What other prayer can match that?

I am so glad Sundance sets it for the open thread everyday.

Shalom and be blessed!

• bcsurvivor2 says:

Thanks Angelle,
        Sometimes when I post I think I get to personal, maybe I share too much of my story? But it is the only way I know of to let a person in need know that I empathize with them.. That I REALLY get it and know that truly there is a light,a LIGHT, at the end of the tunnel.
        The problem with PTSD is, one tries to think of good things but those good things always lead back to the trauma. Its very difficult and you can’t stop it.
        So my husband and I figured it out. We have been making a very wonderful effort to create new memories for me. Big ones, like a fantastic vacation to the mountains of Colorado and little ones, go to a brew pub and have a beer. It’s like building a library of really good books or music or movies. I am filling up my go to places.
        I just also want to acknowledge my husband in my healing. If I’m having a nightmare and they can be whoppers, I just tape my husband on his shoulder, he hugs me tight, it is like the Lord is hugging me. I then say my prayer and I am safe again.
        I hope Concerned Virginian doesn’t mind me talking about my husband, I only hope she can find the peace which took me most of my 63 years to find. It is there in the LIGHT of prayer and Holy Spirit.
        Peace to all, prayers to all,
        in love,
        Eve

• Your quite welcome.

Sometimes sharing personal things helps others who read.

I do understand the difficulty of relating about some painful things because bringing it to mind can stir up thoughts that in turn can stir up nightmares…of which I have had plenty of. So one has to guard their mind at times.

I think what you and your husband are doing to create new memories is great and will be very helpful. One can never completely rid themselves of negative memories, but by adding some new positive ones in…it dilutes the negative. So good plan!

I don’t think CV would have any problem of your talking about your husband. This is THE quintessential thread of the CTH to share things like that. It really does help others.

You will be prayed or in my camp!

Shalom and be blessed with new memories and peaceful times.

PS: Let’s keep praying strong for PatrickHenryCensored too. Surely the love and prayers from Treepers are a joy to his heart in this most difficult time.

• BC,
          I am a 15 year breast cancer survivor. Since it runs in my family I was fortunate to chose aggressive treatment.
          God bless you in your journey and may He keep you in His hands. The thing about Jesus is that He wants a relationship with you–if you can find a good church you might find some folks that would help you on your journey and provide you with comfort and joy.

All the best,

23. Justice says:

Thank you everyone. I see your comments and pray with you all.

I have a good friend whose wife is having much trouble with cancer in her abdomen. There is great pain for her and she has regular chemo and other treatments to help. It’s possible for the main cancerous tumor to be removed…but not sure.

I would like her to be comforted as much as possible and her husband who is also hurting for her. So, I hope you’ll remember us too in your prayers.

24. Cetera says:

Happy Saturday, all you lovely Treepers and fellow prayer warriors! I continue to pray for each of you, and especially remember you in prayer every Friday night during my holy hour.

If you would, please keep me in your prayers. I’m suffering from significant and pronounced hearing loss that has been ongoing for quite a while now. The doctors aren’t perfectly certain what it is. It seems like endolymphatic cochlear hydrops, which is a subset of Meniere’s disease, but my symptoms don’t perfectly correlate. Regardless, I’m going deaf, and there is no cure. The primary management is fluid management for the body, so I’m on an extremely restrictive and no-fun diet. I’m getting hearing aids hopefully this week.

I’ve been praying for a miracle healing, that this cup pass from me. I’ve also been praying that the Lord’s will be done, and that if this is His will for me that I receive the grace to embrace this cross. I’m offering it up as penance daily.

As far as crosses go, I don’t think it is that terrible. I’m not in pain, I’m not dying of something horrible. But I don’t want it, and I’m fearful of it. The symptoms aren’t any fun. I’ve got horrible ringing at all times in my ears at a high pitch (roughly 5500 Hz, though it fluctuates) that is a source of constant distraction and irritation. It has even woken me up, and my wife doesn’t think I’m sleeping all that well anymore.

So pray for healing for me, if you would please, or the grace to willingly accept this cross, take it up, and follow Christ. I asked Him where I was to carry it. He said lovingly, “To Calvary, my son.”

• Joe Blow says:

Cetera, I pray to the Lord for relief for you & that He may heal you according to His will. God’s blessings be upon you.

• Cetera says:

I know you are all praying for me. I can feel it. I was given a bit of relief last night. Had a solid couple of hours with no or almost no ringing. It was the first time I heard the quiet in a long while. So thanks!

• Cetera, I’ll join Joe and others here praying for you.

I do understand the ringing thing as one of my ears was damaged in a car wreck many years ago. It’s kinda like Chinese torture. It’s not quite so bad when you have a little bit of noise around you. But an ear is an easy thing for the Lord to heal and change.

Bless you. Sounds like you have a really good attitude about it.

PS: Isn’t it great to have a place like this to come to, to be able to so easily call on other members of the Body of Christ right here in the Tree House? Amen!

• justfactsplz says:

Cetera, I have been praying for you and thinking about your last sentence. Carry this burden of the problems with your ears to Calvary and then lay that burden at the base of the cross. I believe God wants to heal your ears and a praying accordingly.

25. FofBW says:

For those who know Patrick Henry (PHC) as a long time poster here on CTH, he checked into Hospice today.
    Pray for him and his family.

26. Bill Gavila says:

A year ago my workman’s comp radiologist pronounced to my doctor and me that I did not a fracture in my arm but rather a lesion indicative of stage 4 cancer. I came here and asked that people pray to God for me, either to peacefully and gracefully exit this world without fear, or to have the diagnosis turn out wrong.

After a full body bone scan two weeks later, I was told that there was no bone cancer evident!

I want to thank all the prayerful people here for their faith, and wish to all who come here the solace that a community of faith can provide.

God bless you all!

27. I’m hoping PatrickHenryCensored & his wife are still checking in on the Prayer Request page since I was unable to reply directly to him on his “goodbye” post…I’m praying for all these Treeper prayer requests as I’ve been reading along & so appreciate all the prayers & encouragements being shared amongst this Body in the Branches of the Treehouse…& the Vine–Blessings to All!

Dear PHC, I understand that you are now in hospice. I am praying for you & your wife that the Lord would provide His comforting presence, ease your pain, & guide both of your footsteps as you walk this difficult path. May He restore your souls & grant you both His peace that passes understanding.

2 Timothy 4:6-8 New International Version (NIV)
    6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

New International Version (NIV)
    Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

May the Word of the Lord dwell in you richly as you prepare to cross the veil & see Him, the Lover of our souls, face to face. God Bless, Guide, Keep, Strengthen, & Enfold you both. In Jesus’ Precious Love, Valerie

28. Hi Ad Rem, I think I’ve got a couple in the “bin” when you get the chance…Blessings!

29. Ad rem says:

Just received this in the email…

Sundance and all,

My name is SJTP, a follower of Christ who fears and loves the Lord. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and ask for your prayers for my church, Hillside Church of Marin county. We are a wonderful church that sits in an area with less Christians than many Muslim countries. Pray for us to reach the many who are lost, but so loved by God. Pray for me in that I can be a vessel of grace here, when I am so often filled with frustration and anger at what I see and hear in the pagan leftism and hatred so pervasive around me. There are many persecuted Christians around the world, most of them far worse off than those of us in the faith here; however, we have many challenges here and need strengthening in the Lord. Pray that we stay strong in the faith, do not waver nor fall prey to temptation or intimidation, but reach the lost for Him.

Thank you for all you do; your website is one of the first places I visit everyday. It is a refuge of sorts.

Blessings,

SJTP

30. Y’all,I was not going to post this but feel that God wants me to, so will share that I’m having surgery tomorrow; will likely be out of pocket for a few days (overnight stay). Appreciate prayers from any that can remember.

What a blessed day on CTH, between the prayer over POTUS at the Bible church in VA, and Menagerie’s exquisite post of “Ode to Joy”, not to mention the family here on the Prayer thread.

31. llamamama3 says:

I pray for all our treeper family who are in need 🙏. God give to them peaceful days and restful nights. Let your healing hand rest upon them day after day. Give them strength to carry on.
    Amen

32. llamamama3 says:

Praying for PHC, Weeper, Angelle Justfactsplz, Concerned Virginian and all our treeper family who are in need. May God be with you.

33. llamamama3 says:

Hi adrem! Did I do something wrong that the last comment on the prayer request thread went to moderation?
    Thank you.😃

• llama:

I have had a couple of late that went to that too that were comments that wouldn’t normally draw that. My sister posted something the other day and had that. I was looking at her laptop when she posted. A very simple, innocent comment.

My guess is a WP thing, not Ad rem. Lot of querks here of late that I opine go to WP, but like Sundance and Ad have posted, it’s still safer and more private secured than Discus and some of the other interfaces.

34. InGodwetrust says:

Praying for my sons that they make wise decisions before the damage to their futures is done. That they avoid evil and turn to God for help instead.

35. Praying Treepers:

I am putting out a prayer request for our Treeper brother eagledriver50. Wife had to take him to the hospital to do some procedures to take care of 2 areas that have him in a lot of pain. He’s a good and faithful brother and I know he would appreciate all your faithful prayers.

Thanks and God bless you and your prayers!

36. Eagle will probably email me later this evening or tomorrow to let me know how it went. He may not be quite up to speed to get on commenting. If not, I’ll let you all know any info he gives me. Thanks so much for caring. He’s a good friend and faithful Marine.

The reason I did not specify what was wrong was because I felt that was his prerogative alone to share that info. Here in the Tree House, we do honor those protocols for each other.

37. Hey all:

Have not heard from eagledriver50 in email yet, but I did notice that I had a “like” from him earlier today on one of my comments from 2 days ago, so that tells me he’s home and feeling well enough to get on a little. He’s a great Treeper…please keep him in your prayers. Thx

38. josiahcurren says:

Hey guys: Check out my new blog. It’s Batman The Ultimate Crime Fighter.

39. josiahcurren says:

Batmantheultimatecrimefigher. WordPress.com

A link to my new blog so u guys can follow it.

• Hey Josiah I shared the Correct link to your new blog above in reply to another post of yours. What a blessing that you are expanding your online repertoire a bit. I heartily agree with your recent tweet here too–Thanks for this prayer & proclamation…

40. Hi all over here.

Droppin’ in to say hello and let you know…
    Still praying for all of you in need that have presented here.
    Our God is Faithful and True…to all His Body, to you!

Shalom and have a great weekend!

41. Hope this doesn’t post twice.

Enjoy and follow the words. They’re all good and encouraging.

42. josiahcurren says:

Ultimatecrimefighter.wordpress.com
    Here’s the link. Had to change my website address a couple times.

• Hey Josiah…

Thought you might enjoy a look at this sin you are a Batman fan.

Start savin’ your money! 😉

• UW.

Let’s see, what would be the interest rate I charge for lending money to buy a Batmobil? LOL

• josiahcurren says:

That’s funny haha. Do u like Batman?

• Did as a kid. I was basic Superman and Batman more than the others. I actually bought a Superman comic book when I was 8 and in it, Superman actually died. Nobody hardly remembers that. It would be worth 10s of thousands of dollars today if I still had it.

Btw, there is the old style, original Batmobile for sale somewhere. Prolly at Classic Driver sales.

I do a lot of high profile car investment files for friends and use a lot of online sites, so I come across things like this sometimes.

• Here’s an enlarged view of the bar, entertainment, man cave…whatever you wanna call it area.

• Actually, I was answering somebody else who I am showing some pictures in one of my files of a horse farm in Kentucky. This was supposed to go to her. If you’re laughing wondering why the heck did I post this here, it’s okay, trying to keep up with several people right now and working too. So anyway, off the cuff, now you know there is a really beautiful house on a horse farm in Lexington, Kentucky. LOL

• If you’re laughing at me, don’t worry, I’m laughing at me too. I do make mistakes every 30 years or so! LOL

• josiahcurren says:

Actually I wasn’t laughing at u

• Oh, I figure you seriously weren’t. I was just having a laugh at myself for not keeping track of what goes where. I do generally work on a lot of things at one time and sometimes, files, pics, information gets mixed up and sent to wrong locations. Rarely, but my mortality keeps reminding me that nobody down here has reached perfection yet, certainly not me. 🙂

But that’s okay. You got to see a picture of a room in a very beautiful house.

I build real estate investment files for friends, and this estate, called Black Diamond Farms was one I worked on about 11 years ago. I actually love doing that. That’s why I knew where the link to that Batmobile was because I have also built a lot of motorcar investment files over the years too.

When I realized I sent this picture here, not exactly a prayer request thing, my first thought was, man, Josiah’s gonna wonder why in the world did I send a picture of a room in a mansion. That’s when I laughed at myself. So something a little light-hearted is a good thing, heh?

Seriously…I still covered you in prayer everyday, and I am expecting God to greatly bless you and make you a great servant in the Kingdom of Heaven. You have such a love and drive to see people born again and brought to Jesus Christ…that makes me pray for you more. I believe you have a holy, sincere heart before the Lord and that will get you far with and close with Him. Hold. On. To. That!

Shalom and bless you, Josiah!

43. Over here to say hi and check to see if there are any new prayer requests that need to be added to my growing bowl of prayers.

I sense a deeper moving of the Holy Spirit in my heart for those of you with health issues and needs. The Lord our Shepherd is greatly concerned and is ever so close to every one of you.

May His great peace, comfort and heavenly balm bless you in your trials.

He is FAITHFUL & TRUE!

44. Katherine McCoun says:

prayers for pain relief and help getting everything right so not in pain. son helping me post/scroll. Nothing crisis or illness, just lots of pain. want it to stop. Have some good “ground reports” haven’t been able to post. hurts to type and scroll. Ok if still to sore to do cooking and housework . haha. but want to at least be MAGA key board political warrior 😉

• Katherine,
      Prayers for Jesus’s perfect hand of healing on you RIGHT NOW, and throughout the week.

God bless.

• On it for you, Katherine, that is, prayer. Promise!

Have had it for years and years, and because of major screw-ups from doctors and hospitals, can’t take medicines most can, no pain meds at all, so when it hits, I’m without pain help.

Having said that, God has been good to strengthen my resolve, my mind and will to endure it….even if I have to grit my teeth.

I will pray for the Lord to strengthen your mind as well. Only He can efficiently do that. I have long learned that there are situations that are so bad, that our own self-sufficient mental ascents are not near enough to carry us through the raging fires. Broken down at times, we either call on God…or we fall and are broken to pieces.

POWs and those who have endured incomprehensible, long-term pain of torture, who were faithful Christians, would verify my words….only from God comes life-saving strength and power to keep going when in the fiery furnace of trials.

Bless you!

….and your son and family too!

• Katherine McCoun says:

Much better tonight. It was getting tough this afternoon. Pain can really wear one down. When I was having a tough time earlier today, my son said Mom, let’s pray and now has Bible on ipad so he is ready any time. what a blessing a child is!

My dr. helped but it was VERY had today and a painful adjustment. I have hyper mobility and I dislocated my jaw last night much worse than usual. Getting back “in” was hard. Called husband to come get me as I didn’t think I could drive the hour home. I rested for a while and then did drive home with several breaks.

Can only take otc meds. Also used essential oils, hot showers and ice cream – good plus holding the cold on the roof of my mouth helps pain. Time and these things help.

But your prayers must have been powerful ’cause not too long after I posted began to feel better. Just when it was getting too much to handle for too much longer….sweet releif and the muscles started calming down. Praying for good night sleep as often in this situation hurts more when I lay down.

Thanks you that I can count on you all!

• justfactsplz says:

Katherine, I prayed for your pain, that God would ease it for you. I suffer from chronic pain and it is very difficult to handle. I pray you get much needed relief tonight and have a peaceful and restful sleep. God bless you and your family.

• just:

How have you been here of late? There are certain Treepers who get named in my prayers everyday and you are one of them.

Shalom and God’s best!

• justfactsplz says:

It means so much that Treepers are praying for me. it encourages me so much. I have been leaning on the Lord and relying on His Word and promises. I fight that deep darkness that wants to defeat me every day. The mortgae company realize they have to recalculate our payment because of the homestead exemptions but they are taking their time and killing our finances in the meanwhile but there is hope. I still struggle with a lot of pain but less than six months ago and am moving around better. I rejoice in these blessings and know God is in control and loves me. Everyone is in my prayers.

• Although you are still working through difficulties, it’s a good report overall. And your outlook is brighter. Prayer is powerful and sometimes the only lifeline one has.

That is what this thread is all about. And aren’t we grateful for it?

TY Sundance, Ad rem and staff for making this thread a significant branch of CTH! 🙏🕯👍🙂

justfacts…I rejoice with you that God IS helping you. I pray the continuance of His great grace for you and yours.

Shalom!

• Great to hear that! O! the joy when there is less pain, right?

Prayer ultimately is the best medicine. Our God is the Great Physician!

Shalom

• Joe Blow says:

Prayers that the Lord will continue to alleviate your pain, Katherine. God bless you & your son.

• Katherine,
        I checked in right before bed to see how you are doing. Praise God for some relief for you today. I will continue to pray for you.

Sweet sons are a blessing 🙂

• Katherine,
        How have you been these last couple of days? In prayer for you.

45. Kaco says:

All this time I’ve been here and I never knew this was a clickable post on the candle. I had seen prayer requests for email underneath and thought that was it.

I’ve read through this page and I’m sorry to hear of all the struggles, pain, and ailments that everyone is experiencing and I’ve said prayers for you all.

Someone mentioned the prayer thread on another post I read over earlier. I’ve been absent quite a bit and saw as I was reading through here that PatrickHenryCensored left his goodbyes a while back and I had sadly missed it. Has anyone heard of how he is doing? My prayers are with him and his family.

I pray for all of you here that God gives you relief and healing.

God Bless you all, I also thank the ones that are praying for others, as well.

• justfactsplz says:

I too was on my branch for a very long time before I clicked on that flickering candle to check it out. I love this prayer thread and I started calling Treepers that pray here Prayer Warriors for that is what they are. They have prayed both my husband and myself though a lot and I am grateful for the support here.

46. bcsurvivor2 says:

Hello all,
    ummmm I haven’t asked for prayer for me and mine until now.
    I am hoping you all will pray for my son Sean.
    He is a veteran, having served 5 years as a corpsman with the Navy. Greenside with the Marines in Afghanistan. He helped save many lives for the Marines and civilian Afghani’s.There is so much more I could say about my sons life, but in a nutshell he is a good guy. A Patriot.
    He just earned his Masters degree and is now applying for employment.
    2 jobs have come up for employment with the park service in Colorado. he lives in Ft Collins and is in love with the mountains and the whole outdoors.
    If you feel inclined please say a prayer that my son can get the job that will allow him to teach people about the beauty of our country and be a steward of the region in which he has found his peace and joy
    Thanks so much
    Eve

• MaineCoon says:

What a beautiful prayer request for your son. May it be God’s will and purpose for your son’s life.

• bcsurvivor2 says:

Oh my goodness,
        thank you Maincoon and adrem.
        Just a note, Sean was surprised that as a Vet he had preferred status to get the job. I told him that’s your President Trump looking out for you.
        Both my sons served under Obama….they were really disheartened being under that CIC.They left their service for the country as a result.
        My other son is a former Marine, but after he finishes his veterinarian degree he will once again serve as a doctor to our canines and equines who also serve us.
        I love you all,
        prayers always for everyone here.
        So grateful for this family
        peace,
        Eve

• Hey bc….

Will absolutely lift him up to the Lord. And thank him for his service!

It’s a good prayer from a caring mom!

My parents once considered retiring to Ft. Collins, but the colder winters would have been a bit difficult for them. Dad was born and grew up in Laramie, WY, so he knew the area quite well. It is a beautiful part of the country.

Shalom and God’s best for you and yours!

• bcsurvivor2 says:

Thanks so much Angelle,
        Yes it is beautiful. I lived in high country for a couple of years as a young woman. My hubby also. We know it well. Rocky Mountain High is as real as it gets. I’ve been in almost every state in this beautiful country, but my heart is in the Rockies, as is my son’s. he was actually heading out to Portland after he got out of the Navy but we convinced him to try Ft. Collins. Oh boy, God lured him to the perfect place. he healed there, and has a lovely fiance..
        .so blessed as a mom to have my sons home again
        love
        Eve

• Joe Blow says:

Praying that the Lord will lead Sean to one of these jobs in accordance with His will. God bless, Eve.

• Bcsurvivor2,
      Thank you for sharing this. Will keep your son in prayer, that God would provide the perfect job for him. Healing and blessings for you too–having read your story it sounds like you’ve faced some true challenges. Blessings for you both.

• justfactsplz says:

Eve, do thak Sean for his service for me. I know you must be so proud of your sons, and rightfully so. I pray t hat God will open the right door to the right job for him and bless him in that employment.

You, dear lady, are an inspiration to me.

Love and Prayers,
      Sandy

47. bcsurvivor2 says:

Hey Wisdom,
    It’s all good! The challenges, I could write a book about them, but when it gets down to the nitty gritty of it all, what’s one to do? Succumb or prevail? I CHOSE to overcome and become the best i could be. haven’t reached that pinnacle yet, but I think God would be proud of me. I was very, very angry at God for awhile. In my lashing out at Him and asking why??? 3 miscarriages, lots of stuff. Somehow He led me to acceptance and then 2 beautiful sons, plus now I have a wonderful stepson who is going to be an Air force pilot.
    My kids have been and are still the joy of my life. My hubby of 9 years also.
    Ya never know how things will turn out. FAITH is a wonderful thing.
    I smile all the time.
    Love to all you prayer warriors
    I am humbled everyday by the love on these pages.
    Peace,
    Eve

• BC2,
      What a lovely post; I truly agree about choosing to march on and be thankful! It is heartening to hear about how blessed you are now 🙂
      Keep us posted on your son’s job search; sounds like you have some great young men. Mine is lovely too; struggling a bit to find his way after some tough years; prayers for him appreciated.
      Blessings,

• bcsurvivor2 says:

Oh yes! Struggles for my sons also. I’ll pray the same prayers I sent up for my sons for your precious son.
        The prayers seemed to have worked. They have found their calling, at least for now. lol
        Heck I haven’t found mine yet, but I sure am lovin the journey.

• bc….

The thing is, so many give up on prayer if it doesn’t bring results immediately. God doesn’t always answer right away. He knows that without the strain, there is no strength, and so He prods us to push on, be consistent, and trust Him in the meantime that He is listening and has a plan that will fit His perfect will in each of our matters.

Keep the faith! It does pay off, sooner or later in whatever way He chooses.

• bcsurvivor2 says:

Oh yes!
            I so agree. When I first learned I had breast cancer, after all the tests were done, I felt ,well, lost, scared sad…I don’t know but I only let it last for a few seconds. I literally sucked it up and instantly became my own advocate. I did 100’s of hours of research and worked with my surgeon. We didnt have health insurance…now that was scary…the cost.
            However, God was with me the whole way in huge ways.
            All my bills were drastically reduced. We just finished paying them off in May. YAY!
            I had two recurrences. Three major surgeries. Due to genetic testing chemo wouldn’t work for me, so it was suggested I have radiation. Instead i went flat, got rid of all the bad tissue. That was difficult, but it bothers me not anymore. Been cancer free for 2 1/2 years. I fully expect that to continue.
            I’ve posted a bit about my earlier trials. I fully believe God was setting me up to handle anything that came my way, I live in gratitude and grace, i have a wonderful supportive family and a couple of dear friends.
            How could life not be sweet?
            I just pay attention to the grace that is right before my eyes…it’s a beautiful thing.
            peace to all,
            Eve

48. MamaTried says:

Hello. Tonight my husband and daughter and I had dinner with my dear old high school boyfriend who was visiting town for work. He lives in San Francisco. Asking about his kids he told us that his 8 year old little boy is now living as a female. And “she” hates doing new things or meeting new people because the teasing over “her” actually being a boy starts all over again. Summer activities mom planned a year ago are now dreaded.

I have known this little boy since birth. He has 3 sisters and is very smart. I am so sad for him and his dad… whole family. Without rushing to discuss the agenda of SF educators or politics…
    Please pray for this family and little boy.

• MamaTried:

You have come to the right place. Lots of caring and praying people here. Add me to the list of those who will pray for this family. That dynamic is a growing problem. But the Lord is larger and more powerful than all that. We just have to utilize the tool of prayer and engage the offering of Heaven’s great grace. Our God is always listening!

People here may not personally know some of the folks needing prayer.
      But we care.

Shalom.

• MamaTried says:

Thank you for the warm welcome and reminder of the Lord’s sovereignty. I so need to be with the Spirit of this place amongst your prayers, peace & wisdom. Shalom indeed.

• Mama…

This is exactly why we are here. And regardless of the differing kinds of needs, we all need to be with the Spirit of God that is in the hearts of His people. And this love of God can be just as close to you here in this prayer thread online as anywhere else.

God is not limited to geographical distances.

Come and post here as much as you need. There will always be somebody currently in this prayer room! 🙂

Shalom!

• Gosh that is a distressing story, Mamatried.
      Will be in prayer for God’s mighty power to heal this young boy–a child really–and protect him from evil while surrounding him–and his family-in love.

• justfactsplz says:

Mama Tried, we are seeing so much of this in today’s world. It is an evil seeking to destroy our youth and the normal family unit. I prayed in Jesus name for Jasper that this evil would leave him and that he would be restored to a normal eight year old little boy. The parents need to st and strong on this. At age eight they should still have control on his behavior and how he lives under their roof.

49. Mom4Trump2020 says:

Prayers requested. For a very physically trying time that is taking a toll. I thank all in advance and please know in advance how grateful I truly am.

50. Happy and great Father’s Day for all of you here on the prayer request thread that are fathers and dads. This one’s for you: