883 Pages of Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Released…

Yikes, the text of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) has been released (full pdf below).  The Senate took H.R.748 stripped it out, and replaced the text with this bill.   The full 50 page senate record of the activity is available here.

Digging in now.  However, at first blush the size of the spending seems to be a considerable state budget deficit bailout [similar to how Obamacare removed the healthcare pension liabilities from unions].  Here’s the BILL:

Share your thoughts in the comment section….

This entry was posted in Bailouts, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Dem Hypocrisy, Economy, Election 2020, Legislation, media bias, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Transportation, Uncategorized, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

420 Responses to 883 Pages of Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Released…

1. golfmann says:

I read they kept their raises in there and killed money to top up the petroleum reserves.
    Anyone know if this is as true as I suspect it is?

2. flyoverfuji says:

How much money is in the package for the border wall?

3. hanekhw says:

To be safe better get a Tetanus shot before reading it.

• donnyvee says:

I was laid off in early 2010. I had a low monthly nut and it was just too easy to live on unemployment. My job search got put off a day, then a week, then weeks, finally months. It was a net negative for me from it, and it won’t happen again, at least for me. From this bill there will be a lot of people who will find it too easy to survive on their “mailbox” money, ultimately hurting themselves and the economy.

• J says:

Dont project your propensity to slack on the rest of us please.

• rebelinme2 says:

I know people who during the extension after extension after extension of unemployment back then.. learned to get their needs met without working and have still not gone back to work to this day. In a prolonged ability to collect unemployment, many learned to use food banks, live in multiplicity with others, and there are support programs that keep them content. It didn’t make them happy with their self esteem issues and many rely on disability benefits now for ‘anxiety disorder’ or ‘depression’.

4. 100% YOOPER says:

Been trying to view this bill since 2am and my phone freezes every damn time I try. To those who can access it, what kind of pork have the Republicans put into it because that is what the lefties in my family are going to point out to me.

5. donnyvee says:

I was laid off in early 2010. I had a low monthly nut and it was very easy to live on unemployment. My job search got put off a day, then a week, then weeks, finally months. It was a net negative for me from it. It won’t happen again, at least for me. From this bill there will be a lot of people who will find it too easy to survive on their “mailbox” money, ultimately hurting themselves and the economy.

6. Jeff Webb says:

I don’t have the attention span to read this whole thing. Does anyone know if those election/voting provisions in an earlier draft have been removed? I looked through the table of contents for an appropriate heading but did not see one. Doesn’t mean they are not buried somewhere.

• Kaco says:

I read they were removed on the previous page.

I’m disturbed about the 350M for migration and refugee assistance.

(And I don’t know why my usual avatar is changed.)

7. NJ Transplant says:

This is actually on page 820, not 817 as in the article. It is supposed to be for coronavirus, but I worked in state government as an accountant for years and it is really easy to transfer funds within the same use. This could be easily used to bring in “asylees.” I just called Sen. Collins office and told them I am sick with this. There goes her re-election. How on earth does it help the American people to budget $350,000,000 for migrants/refugees? Most of them are fake.

8. Elle says:

The cynic in me wonders if as soon as this bill is passed and the money is given away, if we will suddenly be seeing lots and LOTS of articles like this telling us the crisis is not so bad afterall.

I bet if you read it in that light it will make more sense. Salvaged pension plans, face saving for states and banks who, according to some, were facing repo debt on a scale of the mortgage crisis… and lots of other goodies for graft.

9. lettruthspeak says:

It’s all about theft because it’s always been about theft from the beginning. Hey Americans, take your nice little $1200 stipend, be grateful we gave it to you, shut up, sit in a corner until you can come out, and by the way, pay not attention to the trillions we just stole from everyone’s savings and retirement. How many times do we have to be told that the game is rigged, and not for us. We sit here and take it, all of us, and they keep pushing this BS to see how much more they can get away with. Simple clue that it was planned: How did the demorats have a 1400 page gill all ready to go to present for this stimulus? Does anyone believe that Nanking and her elves put that all together themselves? Then the republicans allow them to put in their pathetic pork, probably what they knew all along they wanted and could get away with. They just did the 1400 page baloney so they could trim it down to what they could get. What a joke. And if you say or do anything to not comply you want people to die, you want to spread the virus, you are a conspiracy theory nut. See how that works. Fear and guilt are great motivators, and they use them because they always work.Too many cowards in this country. They won’t even stand up for themselves, so why on earth do you think they would stand up for you.

• lettruthspeak says:

Corrections made. It’s all about theft because it’s always been about theft from the beginning. Hey Americans, take your nice little $1200 stipend, be grateful we gave it to you, shut up, sit in a corner until you we tell you you can come out, and by the way, pay no attention to the trillions we just stole from everyone’s savings and retirement. How many times do we have to be told that the game is rigged, and not for us. We sit here and take it, all of us, and they keep pushing this BS to see how much more they can get away with. Simple clue that it was planned: How did the demorats have a 1400 page bill all ready to go to present for this stimulus? Does anyone believe that Nanking and her elves put that all together themselves? Then the republicans allow them to put in their pathetic pork, probably what they knew all along they wanted and could get away with. They just did the 1400 page baloney so they could trim it down to what they could get. What a joke. And if you say or do anything to not comply you want people to die, you want to spread the virus, you are a conspiracy theory nut. See how that works. Fear and guilt are great motivators, and they use them because they always work.Too many cowards in this country. They won’t even stand up for themselves, so why on earth do you think they would stand up for you.

10. Keystonekon says:

Tell me this thing can’t be written in plain English.,

The Table of Contents alone, uses valuable space. Where, oh where are the Dems on recycling paper? I bet it’s printed on one side only, too!

How much of the DNC’s agenda is in here? STRIP IT OUT!

Alleviate fraud potential by making it easy for the unscrupulous to steal even more of our money.
    Do not encourage people who previously had jobs to stay home by giving them a living wage, just enough to pay the rent/house payment for a month or two is sufficient

Put down the Twinkies and double-stuffed Oreos and figure out what you will do once you can go out into public and back to your job – and wash your hands before you leave!

• 1stgoblyn says:

I did see that the “Paper Reduction Act of 1995” (I think that was the year) was waived for this BS. So there’s that.

11. Mr deplorable says:

It should be criminal what the socialists added to the bail out bill, and our repub wussies just rolled over and let them do it. To all repub congresscritters, screw you, you are a disgraceful bunch of cowardly fukturds. I’m staying home in November. I will not vote for cowards. At least the socialists are not afraid to stand up for what they want, and put it out there for all to see, not like cowardly repub pussies.

12. searkreb says:

I was really hoping to see some good sleuth work but 95% seems to be straw man arguments and misinformation. To all the posters offering facts my sincere thanks! The treehouse used stay on topic and focus on the facts.

From what I have gathered reading, listening to podcasts, cpa’s, and bankers. Small businesses less than 500 employees will submit their financial info, average monthly expenses (payroll, mortgages, rent or leases, utilities, and other items) and receive a loan in the neighborhood of 8 weeks of that amount. if certain circumstances are met the loan will turn into a grant (maybe only part). The loans will originate at local banks who will get 5% origination fee and they will pass them off to the sba. Once the bill is passed tomorrow there will be approximately 7 days for the sba to give guidance to the banks and then the fun begins.

I will be reading and will try to post the provisions that relate to this information. Some other items I’ve seen but haven’t verified we can look for: any business that takes this money will be targeted by unions for membership. The downside this could be ugly.

stay vigilant and positive friends!

13. 1stgoblyn says:

If I have read this bill correctly, that $1,200 is a CREDIT against the tax you will owe for 2020 income. IOW, if you normally get a refund b/c you let the gov’t have extra money from each of your paychecks, next year you will have a smaller refund b/c you already received $1,200 (for a single taxpayer) this year. Have I read that correctly? Anyone?