IG Michael Horowitz Will Testify About FISA Report to Senate on December 11th…

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham has announced that Inspector General Michael Horowitz will testify About the 500+ page FISA report on Wednesday December 11th, 2019.

WASHINGTONChairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today announced that Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz will testify before the Committee on Wednesday, December 11, 2019.

The Inspector General will discuss the findings of his investigation into DOJ and FBI’s conduct during the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant process as it relates to the 2016 presidential election. (link)

Considering the end of the principal review phase on Friday November 22nd; and considering the Thanksgiving holiday of November 28th; this likely puts the publication date for the report on/around Monday December 2nd, with testimony the following week.

It is possible the FISA report release, and the 12/11 Horowitz senate testimony will come at the same time the House of Representatives moves the impeachment inquiry into the House Judiciary Committee.  According to the Pelosi calendar the last day for the House of Representative is Thursday December 12th.

Pelosi December Schedule

This entry was posted in AG Bill Barr, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Donald Trump, Election 2016, FBI, IG Report FISA Abuse, Legislation, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

269 Responses to IG Michael Horowitz Will Testify About FISA Report to Senate on December 11th…

1. Merle Marks says:

here’s hoping it blows up DC cabal…not holding my breath…

2. Zorro says:

All I want for Christmas is …

3. Expect President Trump to seize the initiative just prior to, or in conjunction with, the release of the IG report.

• stripmallgrackle says:

We can only hope. Serious push back is needed, as in yesterday. With the new push for grand jury testimony, the new line being, “Did Trump lie to Mueller?”, another round of “investigations” will ensue from nothing more than a speculative question. Lather, rinse, repeat. The left has spent years getting what it wants by folding, spindling, and mutilating the Constitution. Despite their efforts, some of it is still intact. It’s beginning to look like their number one project for the next year is finishing the job.

I keep reading opinions that part of the impeachment frenzy is to create a political narrative counter to the imminent reports from the IG and the DOJ. I’ve nodded along with this myself for a while, but I’ve started to wonder, how exactly does impeachment present a credible alternative to charges that all the investigations leading up to the impeachment were politically motivated? How does impeachment offer the Nation justice when fabrication, entrapment, and FISA violations were among the tactics used to execute an investigation based on concerns about “national security”?

I’m not being rhetorical. Aside from the 30% to 40% who will devour whatever the democrats do and say just to feed their hatred for everything Trump, what exactly does impeaching the president offer as political strategy in the battle for hearts and minds?

Does the impeachment, ipso facto, shut down any investigations into 2016?

What am I missing? How do the democrats think this will emasculate Trump, once and for all?

• stripmallgrackle says:

My comment presupposes that the senate will not rubber stamp Pelosi’s class project, and Trump will still be qualified to be president on election day.

• Michael Alexander says:

“I keep reading opinions that part of the impeachment frenzy is to create a political narrative counter to the imminent reports from the IG and the DOJ. ”

I believe it’s actually one more step beyond that… impeachment is meant to establish the narrative firmly in the minds of the public so that when the Horowitz / Durham / Barr reports do hit the fan, as they’ve all known for quite some time that they will, they can then all say that this is just another diversionary attempt by the president to change the subject. Nothing to see here. Impeach!

• stripmallgrackle says:

That’s the way I’ve taken the theory too. But if the AG and his lead investigator release a report citing evidence that crimes were committed by the FBI and Intelligence in pursuit of indictment and impeachment, how does dismissing the claims and/or charges work? Just because the House impeached the president? I don’t get how Pelosi can say, “Ignore the claims made by the president’s AG. It’s all illegitimate because we impeached Trump. We proved he’s corrupt.” Testimony and documentation of events before, and possibly during, Mueller’s investigation will be presented, and if Barr brings indictments, everything the democrats have built their house on crumbles. Witnesses won’t be able to answer questions by referring to Pelosi’s finalized impeachment.

Even rock-rib republicans had to admit something fishy was going on in Nixon’s White House after the hearings began. I don’t see how Pelosi holding up a document and saying, Mission Accomplished” is going to make the public believe everything the DOJ says is a lie, if indictments come down.

If the democrats have a plan, I don’t think the backstop is “Well, both sides do it.”, which is their typical final defense.

Using the impeachment to create doubt and confusion isn’t adding up for me anymore, not if criminal charges are made. If Barr and Horowitz release namby-pamby reports with recommendations for institutional changes, then the impeachment might bear fruit for Madam Poli-Grip. Otherwise…

• Gerkmonster says:

IG Report is just a prelude. Barr-Durham reports and indictments are when Trump takes over.

• jello333 says:

Just minutes before raids and arrests begin, I want Trump to tweet a picture of him and Nigel Farage standing side by side, grinning, with the caption… “Wakey wakey!”

4. zimbalistjunior says:

begin the defensive leaking
    craft that narrative, black hats..cmon, ‘The Bens’–start anticipatory spinning

5. snarkybeach says:

When do they vote on renewing FISA? (asking for a friend…)

6. Greg1 says:

Well, thaaaaaaat’ll jack up the timing for Pelosi…….I hope.

7. gsonFIT says:

I know that many CTHers go back and forth on supporting Lindsey Graham. I hope and I feel like he has seen the light. I happen to be a supporter, but about 2 weeks ago he announced that he would not chair Senate judiciary in 2021. He will be turning this committee back to Chuck Grassley.

I am fairly confident that there will be hearings about FISA abuse issues right up to, if not into the year 2021 and I feel this is too important to let Lindsey start off as the chairman only to resign after a year.

• jrapdx says:

I agree with your comment on Graham’s timing. It still puzzles me that he seemed eager to take the reins of SJC only to announce he’s giving it up. Many people have complained he hasn’t seized the initiative to hold hearings that counter the House Democrats and their illusory impeachment drive. Whatever has impeded his interest in investigating Democrat fraud and their promulgating unconstitutional rules in the House must be devastatingly bad for Graham, otherwise he wouldn’t have relinquished his opportunity to build reputation as a Senator to be reckoned with.

• gsonFIT says:

Some of our commentators speculated that John McCain may have played a bigger role in Russia-gate than first though. Further Senator Graham didn’t want any part of hearings that implicated his best friend.

• BocephusRex says:

Totally agree Graham is determined to do anything to blow up the ‘legacy’ of his ‘sainted’ good friend. That and I”m sure the IC has some damning stuff on him–nothing else explains his lack of action-

• jrapdx says:

No doubt McCain had been involved. IIRC he was also implicated in Ukraine corruption. So I see that it’s possible looking into the current corrupt Congressional Democrats’ involvement in Ukraine might uncover activity of McCain.

Even worse, was Graham himself mixed up in McCain’s Ukraine adventures? That could be a still bigger reason for Graham to beg off committee chairman responsibility.

• fangdog says:

McCain was a bad dude. People have no Idea how bad. My brother-in-law flew in the same squadron as McCain in Vietnam. McCain was lucky he got shot down when he did. Otherwise, there is a good chance he would had been “fragged”…….too bad he wasn’t, would had saved America a lot of grief.

• jrapdx says:

I bet your B-I-L has some hairy tales to tell. Some of those stories have “leaked” out and it’s been apparent for quite a while that to say the least McCain wasn’t well-liked among peers.

President Trump has alluded to McCain’s misadventures (aka royal screw-ups) without getting too far into it and roundly condemned by Democrats/RINOs for even hinting at McCain’s errant behavior.

So no surprise how bad McCain was, maybe someday the real story will be told.

• fangdog says:

You have to realize I was told about McCain long before I knew who McCain was. It was more like, “We have this bad yahoo in our squadron and something has to be done about him before he gets one us or a number of us killed”.

• jrapdx says:

Yeah, the hints are put out there in some form well before all the connections are clear. Thing is there remain a lot of dots to be connected before the whole story will be known.

• Bert Darrell says:

McCain and Graham received state medals from former Ukrainian dictator Petro Poroshenko. Why? I wonder. Might Graham be concerned about the results of the investigation into corruption ordered by current Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky?

• jrapdx says:

Yup, thinking about it just now, some similar ideas occurred to me. Graham could be worried that looking into Ukrainian-Congressional Democrat matters would reveal McCain’s corruption, and possibly even Graham’s conduct if he’d been involved too.

• Bob Calco says:

“It still puzzles me that he seemed eager to take the reins of SJC only to announce he’s giving it up.”

As I heard it, Grassley told him he’s pulling rank to get it back after the election, and Graham acquiesced. Watching Graham on Hannity every night, no wonder. The day job was crimping his new career as a talking head.

• jrapdx says:

OK, I didn’t know about Grassley wanting it back. Apparently Graham caved with hardly a whimper of protest, like he wasn’t really eager to take the helm.

Now it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense why Grassley gave up the chairmanship in the first place. I guess he had his reasons.

• Merle Marks says:

How old is Grassley? as the hills?

• jrapdx says:

No spring chicken to be sure. But look at Pelosi and dozens of others. If Grassley’s got the gumption, good health, and wants to hang in there, well, why not?

• Q&A says:

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is planning to take back the gavel of the influential Judiciary Committee if Republicans keep control of the Senate in the 2020 elections.
            Grassley chaired the Judiciary Committee from 2015 to 2019 but handed over the top spot to Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) in January so that he could take over the Senate Finance Committee.

Under Senate GOP rules, Grassley will hit his term limit for the Finance panel at the end of next year. He has informed Graham that he intends to use his seniority to become chairman of the Judiciary Committee starting in January 2021.

“He has, I think, two more years,” Graham told The Hill on Thursday. “I’d honor any request that he wants to make.”

Grassley, who can serve an additional two years as Judiciary Committee chairman according to Senate Republican Conference rules, separately told Bloomberg that he wants to chair the Judiciary Committee again… “I have two years and that would be a natural thing to do,” Grassley said, referring to a move back to the Judiciary Committee chairmanship.

• jrapdx says:

Thanks for the details of the Senate chairmanship round robin. Probably a good thing to rotate responsibilities—in principle keeps points of view from becoming too stale. Meanwhile Graham could still steer the SJC to accomplish something worthwhile if he had the guts to do it.

• Boots says:

You mean like Sessions relinquished his Senate seat so he could help Trump return justice to DOJ?

• jrapdx says:

Oh you mean actions intended to impede the President’s effectiveness? Sure enough most of us saw AG Sessions as an impediment, that staying in the Senate would have been better by quite a margin. Graham’s motivations are somewhat more divided, as noted in comments above he’s probably acting in a self-protective mode. I think he’s likely to be mixed up in Ukrainian corruption like so many other elected officials and doesn’t want that to come out.

• Akindole says:

Grassley is up in 2023.
        Graham, the poser, is up in 2021.
        Poser will be campaigning and bragging and doing quid pro quo.

Plus he’s not up to the job in any way shape or form.

• jrapdx says:

Not sure which quid pro quo you’re referring to. Anyway I suppose that’s a separate issue from his ability, or willingness to do the chairmanship job he agreed to do.

The fact that he gives it up without even a smidgen of protest is telling. No guts no glory applies in the Senate arena in times when so much is at stake.

• The Demon Slick says:

I don’t go back and forth. I consistently call him out for his lack of action. He’s head of the judiciary committee. Do you know how powerful it is? Wait until you see the dems get it. Then you’ll see real power. But Lindsey Graham just makes excuses and pretends he’s helpless. He goes on tv and says things like “someone should look into that”. Hello! YOU’RE THE SOMEONE!!!! He’s doing a Ryan. Remember when the Paul Ryan house was soooooo helpless all while the establishment pretended Russia into a real Mueller investigation? Look at the house now! Look how powerful the committees are! Look what they can do! And the Senate versions of the same committees are far more powerful. Lindsey Graham could have stopped Mueller and he could have stopped Schiffty. He could have called Mueller. He could have called anyone who you could possibly think of, provided they’re alive. He still can! He’s a fraud and he dances when McConnell tells him too. When McConnell says stand down he stands down. He’s a weak and pathetic man, a corrupt man, an owned man. A man of the status quo.

• Robert Smith says:

I got a fundraising letter from him today.

• signfollies says:

Stuff it back into the prepaid, self-addressed envelope and send it back to him.

• willthesuevi says:

Signfollies,
          I am doing something better. I bought a bunch of those Trump 2020 Bills and I am sending those to these RINO clowns when they ask for money.

• Beu Geste says:

Let them know that there will be no money or votes for any GOPe, state or federal, if any republican house rep or senator votes to impeach, or convict PDJT.
            The GOPe needs to understznd this is not negotible with the “base”, and they will ll lose if they do not all oppose the demise of the constitution. Even pierre delecto.

• signfollies says:

LOL. I’ve done that also. But I once sent a phony Bill Clinton $2 bill to some politician. Great minds…

• Robert Smith says:

I meant to imply Lindsey knew the timing of the report ahead of time.

• gsonFIT says:

I think that is why he made this announcement. He meant to imply to the nation that he is on top of things as well as give a milestone date for him to leap into action. My original point was why make this announcement if you are exiting in ’21.

As I stated I am believer, but he is not throwing heat like an ace closer right now. I sense personal conflict.

• Please says:

He is there to do a job. That job is not in the interest of US citizens. It is to protect himself. By doing that, he protects The Swamp.

He is a compromised Swamp Critter. He cannot be trusted or expected to “do what is right”. There is no hand-wringing over what he may or may not do. There is no “see the light”

The Swamp is deep….

• Shyster says:

You’re dreaming… given that 99% of the treasonous rat bastards responsible for the FISA illegalities have long left, in one way or another, the FBI and DOJ and couldn’t be compelled to give statements to the IG to impose criminality, I expect this report to be milk toast at best and raise more questions on the traitors’ culpability than it answers. Gonna be a joke on the issue of criminality. Remember, despite Peter Strzok’s clear bias and highly sketchy and irregular behavior, Horowitz couldn’t even render an opinion that Strzok was obviously biased. It’s gonna be one big tepid yawn.

• zimbalistjunior says:

i believe Horowitz said that it is unclear if any bias influenced decision not to prosecute.

one can interpret that as hinting that the fix was in: the DOJ was under orders not to prosecute no matter what. strzok’s bias was immaterial.

8. doofusdawg says:

can hear it now… rules were broken… so they will put new rules in… then pat themselves on the back for fixing things.

9. mtg50 says:

Timing may be helpful but it is less important than content. I hope that with Barr around Horowitz does not pull punches, but clearly lays out all the perfidy around FISA abuse complete with recommendations for many indictments. I also hope this is followed quickly by Durham actually indicting them. This has to happen to stop the blatant criminal behavior by those in our intelligence agencies.

• Mark L. says:

How would that look if Durham has conflicting info about Horowitz’s report.

• willyeye says:

It would also likely put a damper on some of the shenanigans going on with the Dems in the House. Barr needs to say that an investigation will be opened on the coup that is still ongoing today. Make Schiff and Pelosi freak out.

• hokkoda says:

There was a short-lived leak several weeks ago that Barr had asked Horowitz to go back and rewrite parts of the report to specify the particular laws which were broken in a way that the American People could understand it clearly. I cannot find the source now, but I distinctly remember reading this. The fact that it dried up almost instantly gave me the sense that it was real, and an indication that the “executive summary” might shed some light on the specific criminal violations Durham is looking into. i.e. what actually “triggered” the change from “administrative review” to “criminal probe”?

• Beau Geste says:

That is my recollection also. I wondered why horowitz would NOT initially cite the relevant crimininal laws and internal rules/regulations. Was horowitz hiding the MANY criminal statutes which apply to all this concerted coup conspiracy? Leaking, lying to the court, conspiring to overthrow the government, wire fraud, RICO, deprivation of civil rights under color of authority, lying to congress, lying to the president, lying to the FBI/DOJ, foreign election activity, fake evidence ……

The BASICS were missing from the draft report?: BASICS include: “Here’s the relevant criminal statutes, and the regulations. Here’s what was done, measured against the statutes, by whom, when. Recommendations for prosecution of specific statute crimes, if criteria met. That is the most critical part of the report – it is why the investigation was done. So why would the report draft need to be sent back to identify the statutes violated? Horowitz must certainly undesstand his job, so why would any of the possibly applicable statutes be missing?

Recommendations for discipline if rules/procedures violated, recommendations for changes in FISA and procedures, and hiring and ongoing review are less important when investigating a coup against the criminal laws.

This was a very strange rumor.

• hokkoda says:

500 pages, in media lingo, is called “burying the lede”…

It is the strategy used when Horowitz wrote his report on bias in the Clinton email probe. That report was loaded with FBI agents’ political favoritism of Clinton. But the Exec Sum said “no bias”, and they counted on nobody reading the report itself.

My guess is that Barr wants an ExecSum similar time his summary of the Mueller report: precise, specific, hard hitting, no way to misinterpret.

• Tl Howard says:

I recall that as well.

• Peppurr says:

Yes, I remember reading that!!

• California Joe says:

Yes, Horrible Horowitz would be as obtuse and evasive as possible in citing criminal violations. The problem he has is Durham is following up on the Horowitz investigation with his own criminal investigation so Horowitz is looking over his shoulder and not liking what he sees. Trust me Horowitz is not anybody you or President Trump can trust left to his designs!

• SAM-TruthFreedomLiberty says:

Perfect timing!
      Right into 2020 as expected.. Was always Trumps plan I suggest to milk this for 2020.
      Ofc. sucked waiting this long for people tuned in like us,,

FISA
      Flynn
      Durham
      Right before the D primary and a lot of big revelations until the election.

PRIME TIME!

• Boots says:

I hope that with Barr around Horowitz does not pull punches…I also hope this is followed quickly by Durham actually indicting them.

I hope I wake up 40 years younger, knowing all I know now, and with all my hair back..

10. Perot Conservative says:

NothingBurger 3.0 vs the fraudulent FISA report.

Will Horowitz show some true huevos?

• johnnyfandango says:

Unfortunately all the media are and will focus on is the Nothing Burger 3.0 and that takes the sting out of FISA testimony. The GOP need to turn flip the Nothing Burger. Do something, go postal on Shiffty Shiffhead during testimony. Get Geraldo Rivera to open the Schiff Vault in the basement. Have a sit in, block Shifft from entering the Vault. Spray-paint 1000’s of toilets gold and dump them at the Capital. Dump boxes of bananas into Schiffs office to protest this Banana Republic Court.

• gda53 says:

It’s 500+ pages. I guarantee no one will read it.

Without an effective short Summary and especially without accompanying indictments it will disappear instantly.

• 1riot1ranger says:

Some people did some things

• Joebkonobi says:

Some people did some things, but had no intent to do them. Honest mistakes. Would take 500 pages to try and sell that line.

• johnnyfandango says:

”We have to pass it to see what’s in it. ” ”We rely on the stupidity of the American Voter” ” If you like your 500 page report you can keep your 500 page report”….” it was a spontaneous gathering because of a video tape”, ” We will not charge her because there was never any intent, even though the server in the bathroom as intentional”, ”I was relying on the disorganization of the white house and send a couple agents to talk to the general”…. ”I’ve never communicated with the whistleblower even though I did meth with him in Ed Buck’s kitchen” Oh can’t I make some parodies?

• dutzie60 says:

Bet your bibby Sundance will read it! 😀

• listingstarboard says:

Will he show some true eggs?

11. hokkoda says:

Which means the pre-report “leak window” opens up later this week and just prior to Thanksgiving.

The two sets of leaks that I would be most concerned about are:
    – leaks on the Barr/DOJ side tempering expectations, lots of vague talk about rules and procedures and training, that sort of thing. You know, the old “mistakes were made”. stuff.
    – leaks from Team Coup d’Etat trying to raise expectations to the point where people get over-excited for serious criminal referrals that wind up not panning out. That would make the report a bust…set people up then cut them off at the knees.
    – leaks from Congress where Team Coup seems excessively relieved and Team Trump seems exasperated or frustrated. Thus far, the timing of impeachment – the Ukraine thing blew up almost precisely when the IG sent his draft to Barr – says that the Democrats are very worried about this report.

The most promising aspect of this whole investigation is the nearly complete radio-silence that Horowitz, Durham and Barr have been able to maintain. And, the comparative radio-silence from Team Coup d’Etat other than the occasional squawks from Brennan. (such as that cryptic tweet from Witte to Page last week) Together, these point to Seriously Bad News for the Government Party.

So, if you’re a leak-reader and like to sort of read the tea leaves and see if you’re right, watch the next 8-9 days and ask yourself: who is leaking, who are they leaking to, and what message are they trying to convey?

I still give it 3:1 odds against any significant criminal referrals. “Lack of candor” that sort of thing at most. The more serious stuff, like fraud, sedition, falsifying/planting evidence, conspiracy to commit X, etc. are low probability due to the nature of how the bureaucracy works. Team Coup knows how to do things which are illegal, but paper it up in a way to make it look like bureaucratic error. The question is whether Horowitz and eventually Durham see through it and take appropriate action.

• hokkoda says:

Also, I do expect that whole “the CIA duped the FBI” thing to get torpedoed. That was an early leak from Sep/Oct that seems to have withered. They were collaborating, and this will be made plainly clear. The question is whether Horowitz and Durham consider that a criminal conspiracy or just a bunch of coincidences and “lack of training / inadequate procedures”.

• justlizzyp says:

My take on the expansion of Durham’s timeline was that he had already achieved the initial objective, that of disproving the predicate, and was then moving forward to add continuing conspiracy. I am, admittedly, not one who does much chess playing, but the only reason I could think of for expanding the parameters was that the original objective was met and you still have time or resources and had identified another objective.

• hokkoda says:

I believe this to be the case as well. He very quickly determined that the investigation was launched on bogus predication. So the next obvious question goes to why was that done, who made the decision, and how did the coup play out over time. He doesn’t need to expand the probe into 2017 if the fall-back argument of Brennan/Comey/etc. – that the dossier wasn’t important and that the real trigger was PapaD – was true. It wasn’t, and Mifsud was a setup to plant evidence of PapaD.

It’s going to be interesting how the media spins this. They’ve called it a “conspiracy theory” for so long that listening to them talk about it is pretty hilarious. They’re going to embarrass themselves because they won’t know the particulars, which is going to create even more problems for the coup plotters. You can’t defend the coup plotters if you don’t know the true facts that form the “conspiracy theory”.

Which in turn means that the coup plotters will find limited utility going to the media…which will be clueless how to defend them.

• doofusdawg says:

Any bad behavior done prior to the election could be chalked up to dirty or hard ball politics and freedom of speech. After the election those excuses can no longer be applicable. They can’t have it both ways.

• covfefe999 says:

Hahaha! You’re right! We’d better get ready for it. We should have a contest, the person who gets the largest number of leaks correct wins something.

• hokkoda says:

LOL! Yeah, like those “snowblower” contests that the local weathermen hold every year for the viewer/reader who correctly predicts the first official inch of snow*.

What should the winning criteria include?

I’m thinking:
        Correctly predicts whether or not there are criminal referrals, the nature of those criminal referrals, and the specific individual. So the entries could range from “it’ll be a nothingburger, and consist mainly of recommendations to fix the FISA process” to “Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page” criminal referrals tied to “conspiracy to commit x, violation of 4th amendment rights of US persons, forgery, false official statements, false testimony to the FISA court, fraud, etc”.

I think we should ask Sundance to open up an official contest and maybe a reader poll with choices like “nothing is going to happen, total cynicism, Fitzmas 2019” and “criminal referrals of a serious nature (not “lack of candor”)”.

*Which, coincidentally, I won last month on weather5280.com by predicting the correct date and the correct total in Denver the furthest in advance (9 days prior) of the storm.

• L4grasshopper says:

3-1 is harsh. More like 50-50. I’m basing that on what Barr has said in a couple speeches, and his comment early on that “spying obviously was done….I’m going to find out if it was justified”.

• hokkoda says:

I am always in guard against Pollyanna optimism. The Government Party is evil, and they have a million ways to get away with murder. Heck, even if Durham returns indictments, expect the full throated resistance of virtually the entire corrupt Leftist American legal system to make convictions very tough to achieve.

The indictments are the easiest part.

12. Shyster says:

What is that, about a week before the FISA reauthorization vote? Not a whole lot of time to do a deep dive into the real problems with the FISA statutory scheme. Quite frankly, it has always alluded me as to how the 2 hop rule can in any conceivable way be squared lawfully against the constitutional mandates of the 4th Amendment to the constitution. At the 2 hop stage, what is the probable cause to intercept and review communications against 2 individuals where there is no reasonable suspicion that they are a foreign agent, that they have violated a law of the federal government or have committed a crime. Seems unconstitutional to me.

13. craig says:

This is a sign to the Deep State that “all is well”. If indictments were coming down, they wouldn’t be announcing it 23 days in advance. But if “decline to prosecute” and a lot of weaselly lawyer behavior is the outcome, then it provides ample opportunity to spin the soon-to-be-leaked IG report (I’d wager 100 bucks Schiff, Pelosi, NYT, and WaPo already have it) for maximum Swamp effect against Orange Man Bad.

Hate to blackpill, but that’s the way it is. Indictments or GTFO.

14. Old Dawg says:

I’m betting that this is a HUGELY, HUGE, nothing burger. I pray that I’m wrong but I’ll believe it actually accomplishes something only after I see the arrests/results of the report. Horowitz has much to prove; as does Barr, Durham, and Huber. IMO, the DoJ is totally, completely, and entirely corrupt and will continue to be so until hell freezes over or We the People clean it out by force.

• 1riot1ranger says:

OIG reports normally are nothing burgers. Without the ability to subpoena witnesses outside the agencies I don’t see how this can go terribly far. Unfortunately, I think expectations are raised too high

• California Joe says:

OIG investigators have their own agency subpoena authority as well as through a grand jury when conducting criminal investigations. They also can interview and arrest persons who are not government employees and have never even worked for the government. I don’t know where these silly rumors come from but they are definitely wrong!

• 1riot1ranger says:

They can interiew anybody that volunteers to be interviewed. But compulsory, that would be a grand jury. He leaves that up to the DOJ. I’m not the world’s great authority on OIGs but I’d be willing to bet Horowitz has not taken grand jury testimony. I”m sure they would make referrals.

15. DJ Snyder says:

Finally, we have a definitive date.

Time for justice to be served at last!

• WES says:

DJ: It sure would be nice but I have to wonder about the timing. If the IG report is being released before the Dec 15 deadline for FISA congressional renewal then most likely it has to be a nothing burger. If it was a real burger then it would be released after Dec 15.

Are others thinking the same thing?

16. amr says:

AG Barr made a very forceful speech last week in defense of POTUS. But:
    A major charge against President Johnson after the Civil War was the “illegal” firing of Secretary of War Stanton (or any cabinet member) because of an unconstitutional law that was not declared so until 1920. That and other historical laws, such as progressive Democratic President Wilson’s Sedition Act, taking away freedom of speech against government policies/actions, is why I tell people to watch what laws Congress passes and any Presidents orders issued under Executive Orders does since everything is constitutional until the courts determine otherwise. The imprisoning of all Japanese Americans and some Germans and Italians by FDR in 1941 was by Executive Order.
    A Dem president could declare all private ownership of firearms being illegal and start seizing them “legally” as local officials did in New Orleans during Karina. That seizure took years to get declared illegal. Meanwhile, those citizens were defenseless for the remainder of the emergency and maybe beyond.
    The rule of law, as was required in the Soviet Union’s Constitution, is only as good as those who are in charge.

• littleanniefannie says:

No executive order overrules the Constitution. I haven’t heard of a vote not\r of it being sent to the states for a 3/4 pass vote. Until then, we should treat those attempting to disarm American citizens the way sanctuary cities/states treat ICE. Guess who set the precedent for that one??

• Boots says:

Gonna respond a bit differently if anyone comes for mine.

• Dad;s son says:

You know, I find it interesting that I haven’t seen any news article effectively comparing the impeachment of Pres. Andrew Johnson (17th president) to the attempted impeachment of Pres. Donald Trump (45th president)

They are almost carbon copies.

Congress passed an unconstitutional act (the Tenure of Office Act) which said that the president could not fire any cabinet member without permission of Congress.

This, of course, was a total violation of the executive powers of the presidency, and it was later found unconstitutional, but only after Pres. Johnson had been impeached and the nation dragged through the ensuing mess. And Congress made several attempts at impeaching Pres, Johnson, beginning in 1867, and not succeeding until 1868, when they got the formula right.

We now have a faux impeachment proceeding on the 45th president, based partially upon the fact that he transferred/demoted the U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine – an action which is as fully within the president’s purview as that of the Congressional majority to name committee chairs…..

The hearings featuring Ambassador Yovanovitch are a de-facto resurrection of the unconstitutional Tenure of Office Act, and should be terminated with extreme prejudice by the Supreme Court.

This “impeachment” baloney is 1868, redux.

17. “In a phase of this struggle not widely known, some of us came toe to toe with this enemy this evil force in our own community… and make no mistake about it, this is an evil force. Don’t be deceived because you are not hearing the sound of gunfire, because even so you are fighting for your lives. And you’re fighting against the best organized and the most capable enemy of freedom and of right and decency that has ever been abroad in the world.”–Ronald Reagan, 1957

Again.

18. Zy says:

Things are going down faster than Horizontal Harris on Willie Brown’s birthday.

19. Pale rider says:

Wouldn’t it be a kick in the crotch to find republicans behind all this.

20. Cowboyw2b says:

Interesting timing if the report gets released during POTUS’ trip to the UK on Dec 2-4.

21. Eric says:

Not to be an Eeyore, but I’m numb to this.

And I expect tough language with no ensuing penalty.

22. Will says:

That would be four days before the sunset of three provisions of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act—50 U.S.C. §1861., 50 U.S.C. §1805(c)(2)(B), and 50 U.S.C. §1801(b)(1)(C)—December 15, 2019. Pro’ly just a coincidence.

• Well, as far as I’m concerned, the single most important thing is that the release and the testimony will occur before this date. Because, the FISA Act (first enacted in 1978) has not stood the test of time. We cannot deny – and, Horowitz will probably explain at exhaustive length – that it has been effortlessly “gamed” by non-elected bureaucrats, such that both the Director of NSA and two FISA Judges have complained about it, and cited hundreds or thousands of violations.

So, we should not consider “re-authorizing” a law that has failed the country so utterly. We need to begin a public process of determining what ought to replace it. That process won’t be easy or quick.

In my humble, the PATRIOT Act should also be extensively revised.

• Will says:

According to Senator Graham’s announcement of Horowitz’ upcoming Senate appearance on December 11, the IG will be coming with “recommendations as to how to make our judicial and investigative systems better”. My feeling is that corrupt people will always find a way around the laws, and the only way to impact the nefarious impulse within corrupt people is clear, swift punishment … prison … loss of freedom and reputation—everything our current justice system is lacking. The criminality of Brennan, Comey, McCabe, Yates, Strzok, Page, Ohr x 2, Baker, an the rest has gone unpunished. The crimes and corruption call out for justice … and justice remains wanting.

• sDee says:

Both should be permanently repealed. Data collection is surveillance. No warrant – no data collection, no surveillance, no search. No “to”, “from” “about” garbage. Get a damn warrant.

Also to be ended is the practice of pervasive surveillance on US citizens via “user agreements” and “terms of service”.by “private” companies. New laws would first and foremost need to protect US citizens from data collection and storage without our specific permission, and, no disclosure or release to any third party, especially the government without our specific approval or a warrant.

23. Ventura Highway says:

And behold a pale horse….

24. Executive summary: “Mistakes were made”.
    Recommendation: More and better training.

25. Sorry Folks….If Lindsey Grahams is telegraphing his intentions weeks out it ain’t good…..Why give a 3 week notice, a week is more then enough time for the Democrats??? Sure, I have hope for Justice…..but I’m a realist…..and what I’ve seen so far is no one in the Coup is going to be indicted…..When a Congressman can Legally Lie, make slanderous stories up about criminal activity that never happen, etc….There’s no way anyone of importance is going to be indicted…

Remember, virtually all of the exposed corruption at the FBI/DOJ and other Bureaucracies was willfully committed by Lawyers……Lindsey Graham is a Lawyer…Mitch McConnell is a Lawyer….Lyin’ Schiff is a Lawyer….Schumer is a Lawyer….Comey, McCabe, Paige, all Lawyers…You get the picture……We don’t have a Constitutional crisis, We have a corrupt Lawyer problem……

• Koot Katmando says:

My first thought was why telegraph when it is. Just lets the Ds plan around it. I still wonder why they announced it? I do not Trust Graham at all.

• California Joe says:

All of the FBI and CIA people involved have a copy of the IG report including their Lawfare lawyers already. They know it’s coming so there’s no reason for Sen. Graham to keep it a secret!

26. Oddly enough, no mention of this at the beginning of ABC’s evening news, nor on a CBS radio update I just heard. Weird, huh?

27. Magabear says:

I’m sure Piglosi will, due to the extreme gravity of the situation 🙄 keep everyone around right thru Christmas. Her vendetta against PDJT has no rational bounderies.

• Sharon says:

I expect she will be quite prayerful, as she often is, doncha know.

I don’t know what difference more hearings can be expected to make since we know from observatopm that any and all of these yokels are willing to lie under oath, over oath, on the side of oath, and in normal every day life when it seems convenient for them.

That’s not cynicism. That’s reality-based perspective.

• littleanniefannie says:

Tell it to her priest. Maybe, like Biden, she isn’t accepted in a Catholic Church because of her anti-Christian liberal views!

• LadyLibertyII says:

Oh, she is accepted, It’s all about money with the Catholic Church hierarchy. Just watch President Trump’s speech at the Al Smith Dinner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnRVAzFa6Og

I will never forget my feelings of not belonging so many years ago as a poor, but educated young girl: I stood on the steps of a Catholic Church in Nancy’s ritzy San Francisco, about to ascend those steps to pray one Sunday morning. But just as I tried to enter that church, a throng of wealthy, dressed to the hilt parishioners burst through the doors, hobnobbing with the Priest who greeted them at the door. I turned away, ashamed of my simple clothes. I did not belong.

Today, I am so proud that I don’t belong to Nancy’s corrupt circle of demons. She breaks every tenet of her so-called faith and then speaks of praying for our President. Hypocrites and liars all, today’s far-left Democratic party has made a pact with the devil, himself.

Their lust for money and power at the expense of the very citizens they are duty-bound to represent is beyond evil.

• Rhoda R says:

Poli-grip Pelosi will probably hold an impeachment vote on Christmas Eve just to make sure it passes.

28. Red Hatty says:

What a lovely birthday present from my government.

29. Thurstan says:

The deep state has become HAL from 2001.
    “I’m sorry Dave, I can’t let you do that.”

30. IGiveUp says:

I wonder in what ways Trump will expose and nuke the Deep State if the legit way–using the Barr/Durham/DOJ path–is denied him. Will all have to play out soon otherwise he’ll be impeached and removed and will have lost his chance.

31. pucecatt says:

Well hot damn, we have a date .. let the leaking begin ..

32. Bogeyfree says:

Think about this…..

One man who has spoken so eloquently at NotreDame and last week about the horrific abuse he is seeing from the Judiciary and the Legislative branches of government as they attack the Executive Branch.

And this same man has ABSOLUTE and 100% CONTROL and POWER to look at……

1) Every single document, email, text and phone call captured by the NSA of these perpetrators in and outside of the CIA, DOJ, FBI, NSC who may have crafted and executed this Presidential coup for the past 3 years

2) Every FISA request, FBI Contractor Search and every unmasking request for the past 4 years, including any communications with FISA judges.

3) Every document email, text, phone call communication and FINANCIAL transactions from Ukraine to Americans that occurred since the 2014 Ukraine Coup.

4) The Weiner Laptop, the Hillary Server, the NSA captured DNC emails the 47 Hammer hard drives, PapaD’s serial numbers and Mifsud’s phones

5) Depose Jullian Assange, Ed Butowsky, Ellen Ratner and the 2 attending physicians who worked on Seth Rich.

6) And can open up any investigation and subpoena anyone at the drop of a hat beyond what Durham is doing

So again there is NOT ONE THING that Barr can not see, do or declassify (other than the bleach bit Server and smashed blackberrys) in order to get to the truth and the bottom of this Presidential coup, the Ukraine Coup and the Burmisa issues.

With all of this that is at his finger tips and under his complete and total control is it even possible that the IG Report would come back as milk toast?

Is it even conceivable or possible that Barr comes back with zero indictments??

Ladies and Gentlemen, the man who recently gave two of the most beautiful speeches about our Republic, our Constitution and how the Founders truly intended it all to work will IMO either go down in American history as the man who saved our Republic or possibly the biggest __________ in American history.

IMO there is just no middle ground with everything that is at his disposal IMO. The highways are littered with hard evidence far and wide AND again there is NO STONE Barr doesn’t have the authority to turn over, none!

It is just not possible that ALL of this is just miss communication, an errant Dossier, bad information from our intelligence teams and/or training and procedural errors, right???

I for one am hoping and betting it will be the former for the sake of the Republic and millions of Americans.

33. Right to reply says:

Where is the Obama database Maxine Waters spoke of? Is it in Obama’s basement, or bathroom?

34. Madmax110 says:

I’m willing to bet old Nanny already has a copy.

35. loteal2014 says:

I hope this testimony will be open to the public, televised.

36. ristvan says:

This date locks in several primary consequences and probably a lot more secondary stuff.
    FISA renewal is after. Not enough debate time, so short extension likely.
    Release will be days/weeks before that hearing so as Barr said, ‘imminent’. Puts real pressure on Schiff Show, that keeps coming up empty handed.
    So Treeper Christmas comes first week of December.

• NJMAGA says:

I don’t see how voting to impeach POTUS is in any way a treeper Christmas. President Trump even said in a rally that to him it’s a dirty word (which it is) to be forever on his record. The leftist will have achieved that and be jumping for joy.

• De Oppresso Liber says:

Don’t worry, Pigglosi doesn’t have the votes to impeach President Trump, has never had the votes, and loses more democrats every day. Thankfully, enough real republicans have stoutly defended our president, and not even the America haters’ propaganda arm can fool the American public into buying their lies and disinformation.

• Jackson says:

That’s a pretty optimistic view. The vote to formalize the impeachment investigation was 100% of Dems in the House voting yes.

• De Oppresso Liber says:

If she had the votes she would have already impeached President Trump and sent it to the senate. This whole television circus was meant to gather public support in order to convince democrats to vote in favor of impeachment.

• Patience says:

Let it snow
      Let it snow
      Let it snow
      >Ho Ho Ho!

• jrapdx says:

My thinking is that if the Horowitz report is very damaging to the FISA process (per FBI/CIA abuse), and Congress passes unmodified FISA renewal anyway, President Trump has the option of vetoing it. Though you’re probably right, the deadline will be extended rather than risk a veto or even worse, loud public outcry about neglecting glaring deficits in FISA proceedings.

• Skippy says:

Agree. President Trump could veto with reasonable proof.

• jrapdx says:

Of course PT can veto a bill with or without “good” reasons, but I’m sure he’d do so only if it’s shown reforms are needed and Congress hasn’t made them.

Not that we’d be shocked if Congress passes a bad piece of legislation considering the mess going on in DC these days.

37. SAM-TruthFreedomLiberty says:

It’s almost impossible to read any pro Trump blog and forum comments these days.
    So many depressed people with no hope who also give their best to bring others down with them.
    Repeating their ad nauseam.

So weird. Do you people not see how Trump systematically is deconstructing the deep state, throwing bred crumbs leading to the grand finale?

All the players are placed carefully over 3 years..

How could you trust him in 2015 with his “lofty” goals but when he says:
    “We are winning”
    “I’m draining the swamp” you drop your head? Kind of pathetic.

• oldersoul says:

Or it could just be rolcons doing what they were paid to do: Demoralize and discourage our side.

Have you seen the ‘Impeachment’ testimony? More importantly, no one is interested in it or even believes it anymore.

The other side is now fighting more desperately and viciously than ever. They will soon be resorting to full-on violence.

Because it is they who are running out of hope.

• Rhoda R says:

The deep state may already be resorting to violence – at least there is a report that President Trump’s unscheduled visit to Walter Reed Hosp might have been due to a deliberately attempted food poisoning. Keeping an open mind on that one, but like most here I worry about the frustrated left resorting to assassination and the CIA does have a “Wet Works” section.

• Robert Smith says:

People have been screaming where’s the report. Now it’s imminent and now they say, what’s the point?!

Get a grip people. Keep the faith and hope for the best. We can’t influence it in any case. At the very least we will learn a lot more about what happened. The IG report stands apart from other things Barr and Durham are/could be doing.

38. Tom Savage says:

AG Barr’s speech about the assault on religious liberty that he gave at Norte Dame, and his recent speech at the Federalist Society on the assaults on the Executive by the other two branches of our government give me reason to believe that he is in pursuit of a systemic failure of our institutions.

I think the best analogy in our history for the present coup attempt is the decision taken by Andrew Johnson to invoke a military tribunal to prosecute the Lincoln assassins. In our present situation there are so many perpetrators with varying levels of conspiracy as to be impossible to effectively prosecute individually in civil courts, especially in Washington. The Horowitz reports to date provide enough evidence, in my opinion, to support prosecutions all round.

I hope AG Barr gives another speech in which he presents the administration’s strategy for the use of a military tribunal to quickly and decisively get this travesty behind us.

39. MLK says:

I commented a couple of weeks ago to the effect that this was the timing I expected and considered favorable. You’ll note that 12/11 testimony to the Senate allows just one or two days thereafter for Horowitz to testify to the House, or otherwise the Democrats go home to their districts having punted on the 500 page report.

On to the 2020 election for the 31 House Democrats running in districts Trump won in 2016. I don’t want to forget to mention the five Democrat Senators tuning for reelection in 2020 (AL; MI; MN; NH; NM), and are put between a rock and a hard place by the Schiff Show.

That isn’t the half of it since we still have government funding (to avoid a shutdown) and USMCA. Today the POTUS had an off-schedule meeting with Fed Chairman Powell. Not in the Oval Office — where the walls have ears — but in the residence. The POTUS tweeted afterward that they talked about “everything.” Which I took to mean the POTUS querying Powell about what he was going to do if the Democrats proceed with an impeachment vote and detonate the stock market.

There’s also this little tidbit:

I’ve had a sense from the beginning of Schiff’s machinations that there was a whiff of a sting quality ala what slapped down the SSCI.

“Bertrand secretly communicated with Schiff or his staff via encrypted email, including proton-mail, and messaging services, such as Signal.”

40. jus wundrin says:

Maybe this is the reason nanzi is getting testy

“Pelosi Orders CBS Not to Ask Her About GOP Impeachment Criticism”

“LET ME REMIND YOU AGAIN THAT YOU WORK FOR ME!!!!!”

~ Nanzi

Shes losing it.

41. paulmafinga says:

There’s always hope, but it’s likely to be a critique with no charges, just like Comey and Hillary’s pay-for-play email server.

42. willthesuevi says:

Sundance wrote:

“It is possible the FISA report release, and the 12/11 Horowitz senate testimony will come at the same time the House of Representatives moves the impeachment inquiry into the House Judiciary Committee.”

This is going to create all kinds of mischeif for the media leftists. Do they go to the shiffshow to keep controlling the narrative or do they try to deconstruct and spin the FISA report.

Decisions, decisions. Far too much pressure on those mental midgets.

As for Horowitz, I am managing my expectations.

• MLK says:

“As for Horowitz, I am managing my expectations.”

There is no way for them to counter a 500 page report with whatever iteration of their covering narrative they attempt after publication.

Physics’ Law of Conservation of Energy applies to political scandals. In other words, once the energy has been created it can only be transformed or transferred. In the instant context, as I’ve noted for some time, the Democrat Party is being destroyed by the Administrative State filth that tried to throw the election to Hillary and then destroy POTUS Trump.

If you play out the cards, particularly as we now know the schedule and so much more, it’s a lose-lose proposition for the Democrats. The only question I have is when out of naked self-interest AND good of the nation the Democrats are going to cut Brennan et. al. loose.

43. cbjoasurf says:

I’m just hoping & praying American citizens who DON’T work for the FEDS don’t have to drain the swamp ourselves. We never intended to pay exorbitant TAXES to promote the CRUD, CRUST & CORRUPTION. It’s time Constitutional Patriots working at the FED, if there are ANY left, clean house otherwise we have NO USE FOR THEM ANYMORE.

44. IgiveUp says:

“Is it a trust issue? President Trump to your face is telling you he drains the swamp.
    All the players are placed carefully over 3 years..

How could you trust him in 2015 with his “lofty” goals but when he says:
    “We are winning”
    “I’m draining the swamp” you drop your head? Kind of pathetic.”

I didn’t trust him in 2015. I despised Hillary and all Dems. I trust him now though. At the same time, I don’t pay attention as much to what he says as what he does.

Someone said re. Trump: His enemies take him literally but not seriously while his supporters take him seriously but not literally. I think there’s truth in that.

• GB Bari says:

IMHO that’s the right strategy for now.
      Keep your head down, and watch what the President and his allies actually DO.
      Words are fleeting and cheap.
      Actions have lasting consequences.

45. Glad2Help says:

So the IG testifies two days before Congress adjourns for the holidays and the man ignores it. Hmmm suspicious timing indeed.

46. angechangech says:

Sundance.
    Alexander Downer is one of the keys. An important one.
    Could you do a little header about him with a picture of stockings.
    He is a true weak link which needs to be pushed.
    For some reason everything he touches turns to dross.
    Kryptonite to Brennan and the plotters.
    Please?

47. Jim Smith says:

Question, does POTUS have to sign off on this extension?
    i.e. Congress can’t extend without his signature, right??

48. xsnake ralf says:

This year?
    Or until it’s re-postponed.

49. Zy says:

The IG Report and impeachment hoax will be going on at the same time. I hope it stretches Lawfare thin. A lot of lies for the Democommunists and their media propagandists to be juggling at the same time. Even the most experienced jugglers reach a limit on how many objects can be juggled at the same time.

50. Jimmy R says:

If Barr declines to seek indictments, he will go down as the worst villain in all of this. Not the perpetrators. Barr.