Aussie Days – The Arrival…

The White House will become a sea of yellow roses and good cheer over the next few days as US President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania prepare to honor Prime Minister Scott Morrison from Australia.

Yes, today begins a series of Aussie Days throughout the U.S. as Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Lady Jenny Morrison arrive as guests of U.S. President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump for an official state visit.

Last night the red carpet was rolled out at the US military’s Joint Base Andrews when the new Australian prime ministerial plane touched down. Mr Morrison and wife Jenny were greeted by US Chief of Protocol Cam Henderson with an Air Force guard of honor and band playing the national anthems Advance Australia Fair and the Star-Spangled Banner.

This entry was posted in Australia, Big Government, Donald Trump, FLOTUS, Melania Trump, President Trump, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Aussie Days – The Arrival…

1. Michael Kunz says:

Thank God, we Aussies have respect for POTUS, and America. Morrison certainly represents me!

2. sundance says:

State Dinner preview. They will be dining in the Rose Garden tonight. (more details at 5:00am)

3. Wonder what happens if the eavesdroppers overhear the words ‘Alexander Downer’ in their wiretaps? Schiff will be straight on CNN to declare election rigging.

Funny how it works. Trump tries to get justice and the left calls it election rigging to protect their corruption.

Stinks to high heaven. But I wish PDJT and the Australia PM a fruitful visit. There are cobwebs to be swept out.

4. Lucille says:

More than likely other U. S. Presidents have had a similar number of visits from foreign dignitaries as President Trump has so far. I honesty never paid attention before January 20, 2017. It’s wonderful to see our great President interact with his guests. He and they seem to enjoy it very much. I look forward to viewing the whole shebang put forward for the Aussies.

• ADDgolfer says:

I understand where you’re coming from
      I have never ‘watched’ before
      It may be that I am recently retired, but I stream watch every event.

From the first with the amazing trip to Saudi Arabia, (ME before Europe) dining in China’s forbidden city, a stroll into N.Korea territory, all historic

He Likely instructing the State Dept we’re doing it this way, make it happen, instead of going along with how they say it should be done.

The helicopter departure pressers, and arrivals to AF1,
      Captivated for the 12-25 mins YouTube vid of AF1 departures and arrivals.(I never realized the proud awe of seeing AF1 taxi until now.)
      The First Family eclipse watching, Easter Rose Garden activities, FLOTUS Christmas events, even he passing out Halloween candy to the kids.
      Similar to the inner feeling a much younger me had with President Reagan, but better

For the record, I’ve not heard more than 7 seconds of obama (time spent fast forwarding, or changing channel)

• Lucille says:

ADDgolfer, retirement definitely allows for catch-up. Since my retirement in 2008, I’ve spent more time on politics than the rest of my life combined. Now merely viewing Air Force One and Marine One landing and taking off causes me to cheer! LOL!

It’s President Trump who causes the interest. It’s doubtful I would have bothered if McCain or Romney had been elected with their same old, same old. It’s Donald Trump’s fight-back attitude that is so appealing.

5. G S says:

I remember when the Obamas hosted a State Dinner for the dictators from Africa.

FTA: “Obama toasts African leaders at State Dinner: ‘The blood of Africa runs through our family’”

6. thesavvyinvester says:

It’s all about the rare earths…

7. Frank says:

Heeeey Sundance: you threw me for a second there, calling Morrison an ambassador. I had to look it up. He’s the PM, sworn-in last month. And I think we all hope he’ll be a step up from that lout he’s replacing. So far, he seems like he’s willing to work with the US. Maybe he can help his economy and ours at the same time. This first impression looks good, anyway.

8. A2 says:

This is a happy time. Good ally and strong supporter of the Indo-Pacific Policy. Should be some ground breaking announcements.👍

9. Pyrthroes says:

Morrison figuratively tosses a “Digeridoo”, Australian aborigines’ super-sophiscated boomerang, returning for Pres. Trump to catch like Derek Jeter short-stopping a line drive.

There’ll be a lot for these two to discuss… good to think that this is only the Trump Administration’s second State Dinner (the first was for Macron in Fall 2017).

Meantime– we’ve always thought that “Waltzing Mathilda” caught the Digger spirit better than “Fair Australia” hyperbole regarding 90% baking outback desert.

10. Australia is a key player as POTUS puts our allies first, restoring the strategic ties that Obama deconstructed. This effort is vital. It’s the foundation of our national security and prosperity. So of course, state media is focused on some Orange Man Bad nonsense du jour.

11. Harlan says:

Who knows? Maybe even Australia will begin to see the evils in socialism.