Sunday Talks: Senator John Kennedy Rebuttal to Andrew McCabe…

Senator John Kennedy (R-GOPe/Tom Donohue’s candidate) responds to Andrew McCabe and the politicization of the FBI under the tenure of James Comey and Deputy McCabe.

[Transcript] MARGARET BRENNAN: We go now to Louisiana Republican Senator John Kennedy who is in New Orleans this morning. Senator, I want to give you a chance to respond to Andy McCabe.

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY (R-Louisiana/@SenJohnKennedy): Let me– let me say first, Margaret, I’m– I’m still in a bit of a stupor at Mayor Hickenlooper’s shame at having once been a capitalist. I can’t. I’ve seen it all now. But I’ll save that for another day. Mister McCabe. Mister McCabe is one of the people responsible for politicizing the premiere law enforcement agency in the history of– of– of the world, the FBI. He’s not the only one. But it’s clear that he and others in 2016, some were for Trump, some were for Clinton. But– but they acted on their political beliefs and they hurt the FBI badly for that. All of them.

MARGARET BRENNAN: We got to–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: Not just Mister McCabe but all of them. We should hang their head in shame and hang their head– put their head in the bag.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Senator, this needs more conversation. We’re going to take a quick break. I want to talk to you more about this in just a moment.

(ANNOUNCEMENTS)

MARGARET BRENNAN: Welcome back to FACE THE NATION. We continue our conversation now with Louisiana Republican Senator John Kennedy.

Senator, before we took this break you were responding to Andrew McCabe, the former deputy FBI director who has described himself as a lifelong Republican, but laid out here–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: Mm-Hm.

MARGARET BRENNAN: –his deep concern about the President and his actions.

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: Well, let me– let me say it again. There were and perhaps still are some people at the FBI, one of whom was Mister McCabe, who helped politicize the agency. When– when an FBI agent knocks at your door, you shouldn’t have to worry about whether you’re a Democrat or a Republican and whether that makes a difference. And– and Mister McCabe has helped politicize that agency and– and that’s wrong. He– he really– he should be ashamed and he should hide his head in– in a bag. And we– we have got to–

MARGARET BRENNAN: What do you mean politicize?

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: –clean house over there.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Clean house? What do you mean by that?

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: Well, he has– Mister Mc– Mister McCabe– well let me back up and say this, Margaret. I’m talking about people over there who were both for Trump and for Clinton. Now they are entitled to have a personal opinion but they’re not entitled to act on it or leave the– the impression that they acted on it. And– and I think McCabe did that. I think he’s part of a group over there that think they were– they– they think they’re smarter and more virtuous than the American people. And– and I think it hurt the FBI badly. Mister McCabe is also in– at the present time, playing the role of huckster. He’s trying to– to sell a book. And he was fired for lying to his– his fellow FBI agents.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Well that–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: Now if you and I lied to the FBI we go to jail. If you– if an FBI agent–

MARGARET BRENNAN: I think– I think Mister McCabe was–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: –like him lies to the FBI–

MARGARET BRENNAN: –dismissed–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: –you get fired.

MARGARET BRENNAN: –just– just short of his ability to actually get his pension. Some would say it was a politically motivated firing of him.

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: He’s lucky– he’s lucky he wasn’t prosecuted, Margaret.

MARGARET BRENNAN: For what?

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: And I’m not saying this because McCabe–

MARGARET BRENNAN: For what?

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: –is, obviously, pro-Trump. I think there were–

MARGARET BRENNAN: What would he have been prosecuted for?

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: –people for pro-Clinton. For perjury. For lying to an FBI agent. He did it repeatedly. Now if you and I do that we go to jail.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Are you calling–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: And he– he just got fired. He was lucky.

MARGARET BRENNAN: “And– and so I guess this is a preview of the questioning that we will hear of him before the Senate Judiciary Committee if he is called to testify,” Senator Graham has said. But I want to ask you about, since you sit on that committee–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: Mm-Hm.

MARGARET BRENNAN: –as well. The sentencing we saw this week of a Trump campaign chairman– former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort. He was charged with an array of felonies, financial crimes. Federal sentencing guidelines would have had him serving upwards of twenty years. He got forty-seven months. Does the punishment fit the array of crimes?

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: All right. Before I answer your question, let me be clear about Mister McCabe. I don’t care whether you’re a Republican or a Democrat. If you’re at the FBI you’re not supposed to act on it. Mister McCabe did and I believe he’s one bent two by four. Now number two, Mister Manafort–

MARGARET BRENNAN: What. Sorry. Can I just–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: Three points. Number one–

MARGARET BRENNAN: Can I just clarify there you in the past have said, I thought, that you supported the Mueller probe? McCabe had helped to set up some of the special counsel there, specifically, to look at the question of whether the President was–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: I do– I do support–

MARGARET BRENNAN: –a Russian asset.

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: I do support the Mueller probe. I do support the Mueller probe but that doesn’t preclude Mister McCabe from being what he is, a bent two by four. And he hurt the FBI badly and all the people over there who tried to help Clinton or who tried to help Trump, every one of them should have his head in the bag. They hurt the premiere law enforcement agency in all of human history and we’re going to have to spend a lot of time rehabilitating it. The American people don’t trust it as much as I used to. And that’s wrong.

MARGARET BRENNAN: But you say you still support the Mueller probe–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: And your politics shouldn’t matter–

MARGARET BRENNAN: –itself. Can you–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: Yes, I do. Yes, I do.

MARGARET BRENNAN: –answer the question though on– on Paul Manafort–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: Manafort? Three points.

MARGARET BRENNAN: –because he was charged with an array of felonies–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: Manafort. Number–

MARGARET BRENNAN: –because of the Special Counsel’s case.

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: Number one– number one, I was surprised at his sentence, I thought it would be longer. Number two, as I said in the past, Mister Manafort is a grifter. He used to be a partner with– with Roger Stone. He’s– I’m sorry, Margaret. He’s just a sleazoid. I mean he’s always played at the margins. Number three, you know rather than just be opinionated I’d rather be informed. Judge– Judge Ellis has been on the bench thirty years. I haven’t read the sentencing memos.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Do you–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: He, obviously, believed four years was enough. I might disagree with him but I’d have to read the sentencing memos first–

MARGARET BRENNAN: Does it trouble you–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: –because there’s a lot of stuff in there that you and I don’t see.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Lastly, does it trouble you that the President admitted that he had discussed a presidential pardon with Michael Cohen? Should he have been discussing that in an investigation–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: It–

MARGARET BRENNAN: –he’s involved in?

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: It– well, as I understand it, at least part of the story, Margaret, is that Cohen and/or his lawyers approached the President and asked for a pardon.

MARGARET BRENNAN: The President said it happened–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: Now Mister Cohen–

MARGARET BRENNAN: –directly in a direct conversation. That’s what the President said.

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: Well, that– that– okay. That– Mister Cohen once again in front of Congress lied then. He said that never happened. And I think with Mister Cohen, given his checkered past, if he’s– if he’s breathing he’s lying. But, yeah, I mean I guess I don’t blame Cohen for asking. It was inappropriate but he shouldn’t have lied to Congress about it.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Senator, good to talk to you today.

[Transcript Link]

REMINDER IG report on McCabe

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Dept Of Justice, FBI, IG Report FISA Abuse, IG Report McCabe, media bias, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Spygate, Spying, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

111 Responses to Sunday Talks: Senator John Kennedy Rebuttal to Andrew McCabe…

1. Linus in W.PA. says:

I must say I was a tad impressed with Kennedy, but what was he talking about republicans and democrats at the FBI acting out in support of Clinton ….and Trump?

Who was pulling for our boy, the Trumpet??

• livefreeordieguy says:

If you find out who it was, Linus, I’d love to know… I’m guessing it is just faux equivalence-speak on Senator Kennedy’s part… to make himself look ‘balanced’… If there were people in the FBI actively ‘pulling for Trump’ I’m pretty sure they could hold their meetings in a phone booth.

• livefreeordieguy,
        ” I’m pretty sure they could hold their meetings in a phone booth.” .. and the phone booth will still be empty. I am pretty sure if there was any FBI folks pulling for candidate / President Trump, he would already be indicted and there would have already been Gestapo sty;e FBI raids by now at their homes … dragging their spouses out in the cold in their night dress and in bare feet.

• aleksjag says:

“in a phone booth.” Ha ha ha, very funny but also sadly very true.

• emet says:

Who in FBI was fir Mr. Trump? Possibly one of the GSA janitors that cleans FBI Headquarters.

• livefreeordieguy says:

Oh, that guy… I believe Mueller indicted him already… Process crime… I hear he has the cleanest solitary confinement cell in the whole prison.

• Robert Smith says:

Probably that dude that never got hired by FBI Human Resources.

• Mark McQueen says:

It was an admonition to anyone playing politics in the FBI.

• nimrodman says:

Damn!

Kennedy is a little incoherent, but – damn – I’d like to see the President’s men talk right over Chrissy Wallace the way Kennedy talked over Margaret Brennan in this interview.

Gnomesayin?

• Fake Ruby says:

He was referring to several senior agents in the FBI’s NYC Field Office who refused to go along with Comey and McCabe’s scheme to bury the fact – during the last days of the 2016 campaign – that Weiner’s laptop had sensitive HRC emails.

These agents raised a stink, and Comey was forced to reveal the scandal to the public.

I think that Kennedy’s comment was unnecessary and distracting.

The part of the Face The Nation interview I found most interesting was the fact that at the very beginning of the interview – which began right after a commercial break – Margaret Brennan suddenly cut Kennedy off and went to another set of commercials.

The reason: Kennedy was forcefully stating the truth that McCabe has gravely damaged the FBI by his politicization of the Bureau while a senior official there.

Later, her pearl-clutching when Kennedy suggested the proper fate for McCabe should be as a defendant in a court of law was hilarious.

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: He’s lucky– he’s lucky he wasn’t prosecuted, Margaret.

MARGARET BRENNAN: For what?

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: And I’m not saying this because McCabe–

MARGARET BRENNAN: For what?

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: –is, obviously, pro-Trump. I think there were–

MARGARET BRENNAN: What would he have been prosecuted for?

MARGARET BRENNAN: Are you calling–

SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: And he– he just got fired. He was lucky.

LMAO

• Charles James says:

McCabe and company. Chaos. Sideshow. Drama for the populace. The real show will be when the Clintons and the Obamas are prosecuted and tried for TREASON for selling America’s secrets to our enemies. Think firewall, FBI, DOJ, useful idiots running cover for the big speaking fees and contributions. We the people have been sold. Only a few good men left, and may God grant them the power to succeed.

• BigTalkers says:

You can bet the FBI’s leadership in New York wasn’t pro-Trump. For openers they were Obama appointees.

What concerned them was the FBI’s Main Office in DC’s failure to acknowledge they’d received the Clinton emails on the Weiner/Abedin laptop they’d sent them a month earlier.

They figured (correctly) when the smoke cleared, they’d be the ones left holding the bag.

• Sherri Young says:

Ruby, we were both listening with the same ear. Those to aspects were striking to me too.

• 1stgoblyn says:

Her question “For what” is very telling. ‘They’ think VSPGPDJT should be impeached for breathing and all their cronies on the left are innocent of any wrong-doing. Very telling.

• DD More says:

Ruby – SENATOR JOHN KENNEDY: He’s lucky– he’s lucky he wasn’t prosecuted, Margaret.
        Who, MARGARET BRENNAN: you were responding to Andrew McCabe, the former deputy FBI director who has described himself as a lifelong Republican,,
        just revealed another lie.

Lucky he wasn’t prosecuted? Did they forget about the 6 month long, Grand Jury secret that slipped out. McCabe’s luck may still be running out.

• aumechanic says:

He’s vacilating, it’s a republicans strongest trait. I had more use for him before this interveiw.

• John-Y128 says:

Don’t you just love how all these FBI liars are qualified in the media as ‘lifelong republicans’, they neglect to mention the date [in 2007 when the Messiah came to town] and they switched to the democratic party; Dir. Comey’s own wife and 2 girls were all Obama supporters, that meant he was to, I’m sure it was similar for the McCabe’s, the Ohr’s, etc. I love the one about Mueller being a registered republican but hiring all democrat lawyers for his special council investigation, talk about deception.

• getfitnow says:

I took it to mean, broadly speaking, you may support a candidate, any candidate personally, but that should in no way influence your professional decision making. It doesn’t matter the political stripes of the candidate.

• Linda K says:

I love how Margeret has no idea what McCabe should be prosecuted for! “He is lucky he is not in jail”. For what? she questions. How is it possible, she doesn’t know? Deranged. And the narrator on Face the Nation?

• JL says:

No kidding. Way too much both sides did it BS going on here. I don’t even understand what he’s talking about. And he doesn’t appear to even know McCabe is under criminal investigation.

The ignorance of so many people that should know what is going on is pretty shocking.

2. Carrie says:

He keeps mentioning that with the hyper politicization during 2016 campaign, some FBI members were for Clinton and some were for Trump. Wait, what? Which ones were for Trump? Because I haven’t seen any of those yet… I think Kennedy does a good job taking McCabe down a notch or two (he could have been even stronger, in my opinion), but I am befuddled as to his obvious dislike of Manafort. Manafort was basically charged with tax evasion and after wrongly suffering for 9 months in solitary confinement, his sentence was considerably long. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that Brennan didn’t choose someone like Ratcliffe or Jim Jordan to confront McCabe. Now that would have been fun.

• Jim in TN says:

Coercing defendants with solitary confinement is a form of torture much worse than waterboarding and it must stop.

Speaking of which, that torture is under the direction of the other judge. It is so sick that all the news is rushing to condemn this sentence, because that is an attempt to bias the biased second judge even further. She will be very harsh.

How does anyone stand watching or listening to these biased bigoted news people? It is her job to know that McCabe was fired for lying to FBI investigators, causing serious obstruction of their investigation. It is her job to know the content of the IG report made especially for McCabe’s lies. Yet she seems to think it her job to pretend that didn’t happen. And that you can’t admit it because McCabe played a major role in setting up the Mueller inquisition. Because that discredits the inquisitor.

Yes, and I am also at a loss to remember one FBI agent that was pro Trump. Heck, I still am awaiting proof of any white hats in the DOJ. I think every leak we have received has been due to infighting and major CYA amongst black hats.

• livefreeordieguy says:

Exactly right, Jim… Brennan seemed to be surprised that McCabe was fired for lying — and more concerned that the firing occurred on the eve of McCabe qualifying for his pension than for the reason of multiple ‘lack of candor’ findings… Where I grew up, ‘lack of candor’ = lying. And, in this case, lying to the FBI… Senator Kennedy is right that he should be in jail… As any of us would be…

• BitterC says:

Was it an FBI whistleblower that alerted Nunes in early 2017 about the illegal, excessive unmasking?

Remember he caused a stir when he said they had someone providing his committee people some info? I am a little vague, but definitely remember his admission of having some informant/whistleblower was a big deal for about a day

• BebeTarget says:

I think Judge Amy will throw the book at him . . . she’s a Liberal and threw him in solitary for such a charge. Any person who would do that for tax evasion is not a good person. She gave him maximum punishment once, and will again, IMO. We have seen what Liberal, anti-Trump women are capable of doing these past few weeks.

3. CNN_sucks says:

McCabe a life long republican? What a bunch of malarkey. His wife runs as democrats and got some money from Clinton. What republican Brennan girl talking about?

• Elmo says:

I remember when I moved to my house and one of th real estate agents said you should register Republican and your wife as Democrat and then no matter who wins the local elections one can go and get help if need be.

• Lady Sid says:

I was Republican precinct captain in my NE Ohio town for ten yrs in the ’90s. You took out papers, got signatures from the precinct, and then got elected in a Party Primary; you also served on the County Party’s Central (R) Committee. I remember studying the voting lists/records for my precinct. If a household was split (usually it was the woman who was a D) I did not visit them the weekend before the election when I was out distributing campaign materials and voting cards. My rule was not to “drive,” i. e. motivate, voters to go to the polls, esp. when their votes would cancel each other out.

• MelH says:

For years, I didn’t vote because my spouse’s vote canceled mine out.The Democrat mind is a personality with a whole host of documentable traits. The older I get, the more I am convinced I was a Republican who married a Democrat and THOUGHT I married a Republican because that’s what I wished for. 63 years of marriage has taught me alot.

• WSB says:

McCabe has been one of the Clinton’s infiltraters in the Republican Party, IMHO.

• He was a life long Republican who just voted democratic because he found progressives most fully represented is values. Half the republicans in congress are McCabe Republicans.

• Hebo Sabe says:

He’s as conservative republican as paul ryan which is to say that he’s a collectivist with delusions of grandeur and those he gathered around him were able elitist leftist lawyers and their ilk.

The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers. – Shakespeare (Henry VI)

• Ausonius says:

Keep in mind that your quotation from Shakespeare…is spoken by a criminal! The quotation is from a scene where a Socialist (!) revolutionary named John (Jack) Cade is giving a speech about usurping the throne. Shakespeare means the line in fact to support lawyers as keeping the peace.

“CADE
        Be brave, then; for your captain is brave, and vows
        reformation. There shall be in England seven
        halfpenny loaves sold for a penny: the three-hooped
        pot; shall have ten hoops and I will make it felony
        to drink small beer: all the realm shall be in
        common; and in Cheapside shall my palfrey go to
        grass: and when I am king, as king I will be,–
        ALL
        God save your majesty!
        CADE
        I thank you, good people: there shall be no money;
        all shall eat and drink on my score; and I will
        apparel them all in one livery, that they may agree
        like brothers and worship me their lord.
        DICK
        The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers.
        CADE
        Nay, that I mean to do. Is not this a lamentable
        thing, that of the skin of an innocent lamb should
        be made parchment? that parchment, being scribbled
        o’er, should undo a man? Some say the bee stings:
        but I say, ’tis the bee’s wax; for I did but seal
        once to a thing, and I was never mine own man
        since.

See:

• Hebo Sabe says:

So, you think the lawyers and lawfare are good.

Even the criminals know that you can’t win in a rigged f’n game.

But we can’t delve an inch into understanding because…. lack of concern and willingness to spout off what has been taught.

I mean, they’re teaching that the lion in Lion King is proof of the male dominated hierarchy and it’s lawyers that are putting this forwards …

• De Oppresso Liber says:

80% of elected members of congress were/are attorneys…..’nuff said; kill them all!

• MelH says:

Aren’t you shocked that such dunderheads as are in Congress managed to make it through law school and had to have passed the Bar? For me, seeing what’s in Congress reduces the whole law profession I used to respect and admire.

• Jan says:

They have both professed to be “Republicans.” The Virginia Democrat party said “we’ve never heard of her,” when MacAuliffe said she’s running against the Republican incumbent Sen. Black. $$$ changes everything. Lest we forget, here’s an interesting timeline related to McCabe (who should be in jail as we speak).

03/09/15 Clinton associate Terry McCauliffe meets with FBI official Andrew McCabe’s wife Jill to encourage her to run for office

03/12/15 Jill McCabe announces her candidacy for the state senate in Virginia

03/15/15 Around this date, Andrew McCabe is reported to have issued a “Stand Down” order on the Clinton Foundation and email investigations

04/29/15 FBI warns Andrew McCabe about potential conflicts of interest related to his wife’s campaign

07/15/15 FBI opens criminal investigation into Clinton’s email server and mishandling of classified data led by Andrew McCabe in DC office

07/30/15 McCabe was suddenly promoted to the No. 3 position within the FBI as associate deputy director and was transferred to FBI headquarters. Strzok would soon be transferred to headquarters as well.

08/15/15 McCabe uses his official FBI email to promote his wife’s candidacy for the State Senate in Virginia

10/01/15 FBI official Andrew McCabe’s wife Jill starts receiving bulk of $700,000 from Clinton associate Gov. Terry McCauliffe’s political entities

10/15/15 On or around this date, McCabe emails investigators that Clinton will get an “HQ Special” (special or lenient treatment)

1/29/16 FBI director James Comey names Andrew McCabe deputy director, with responsibility for oversight of Clinton investigation

08/12/16 According to DOJ IG, McCabe claims PADAG Matthew Axelrod ordered him to shut down Clinton Foundation investigation

10/13/16 McCabe organizes FBI response to WSJ revelations that his wife’s campaign was funded by Clinton associates

10/24/16 CBS reveals McCabe’s wife received $700K in campaign donations from Clinton associate Gov. Terry McCauliffe

10/24/16 WSJ’s Devlin Barrett, using leaks from McCabe, counters CNN conflict-of-interest claims with report that Comey made decision on Clinton

11/01/16 In spite of numerous conflicts of interest, Andrew McCabe waits until this date before recusing himself from Clinton email probe

What we’re talking about is a high-ranking FBI agent who lied/lie, still loose and fancy free. No accounting, no responsibility, no accountability…..same old, same old.

• AmericaFirst says:

Wow. The best lay-out of the timeline I have seen. And puts it in stark relief that McCabe was advised of his conflict April 29, 2015 and waited until November 1, 2016, over a year and a half later, before finally recusing himself from the investigation of his long term friend and neighbor, Hillary Clinton.

And we wondered if there was an investigation all that time.

• Julian says:

Yes, that’s great. Trump now has his man Billy Barr in control of the DOJ now and Barr has been tasked with Draining the Swamp – and that obviously includes charging and prosecuting the likes of Andy McCabe!!

Don’t you worry – Trump (& Bobby’s Buddy Billy Barr) has got this!!

• MelH says:

Jan, please send that excellent piece to Potus: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/#page

4. recoverydotgod says:

Bringing on a U.S. Senator to respond to McCabe (whose promoting his book) and field the same questions McCabe got. What a waste of Senator Kennedy’s time.

5. Ray Runge says:

A powerful country song can be crafted about the talents of SkanKy Ms. Brennan.

6. Sentient says:

That girl is super annoying.

7. decisiontime16 says:

Hard to believe but he is listed as a Republican.

Personal details
    Born
    Andrew George McCabe
    March 18, 1968 (age 50)
    Hartford, Connecticut, U.S.
    Political party
    Republican[1][2][3][4]
    Spouse(s)
    Jill McCabe
    Education
    Duke University (BA)
    Washington University in St. Louis (J

8. jeans2nd says:

Could any one of these pampered news readers ask just one policy question? Just one? Would it kill them? There is a part of FISA (forget which) which expires soon. Could we at least pretend that Spygate, McCabe, et al are related to the upcoming Congressional vote? (they do)
    Why do these Congressional Swamp Creatures waste their time and ours and submit to such cross-examinations by these pampered overpaid Swamp Dwellers?
    phooey

9. jahealy says:

“Senator John Kennedy (R-GOPe/Tom Donohue’s candidate) …”

Nooooooo!! Et tu, Kennedy?

10. kiskiminetas says:

Kennedy is just another RINO who gets on TV and parrots the deep state talking points. The man has taken the globalists money which means he is beholden to them. The way he was talking about McCabe and he FBI proves he is covering for both of them.

11. Archie says:

Talk is cheap Senator. #batteredconservativesyndrome

Disband the FBI.

BTW, we haven’t even touched on the role of the Dept of State, CIA, FISSA Court, and NSA in political shenanigans.

12. hard masada says:

watch the facial expression on the reporttee’s face when Sen Kennedy said he’s lucky he wasn’t prosecuted. starting @ 03:16~03:28 does the raised eyebrow/roll of the eyes~03:30, she quickly runs away from that topic to Manafort’s sentencing. She is flat out worthless~~has any of this affected anyone’s life the last 2+ years?

• MightyMustardSeed says:

Good catch HM. Brennan reveals she’s done very little independent thinking – McCabe/Flynn? One’s a fired martyr/One’s prosecuted for lying to the FBI

• Santiago1314 says:

Every time I see or hear this Person, I am surprised at how Uniformed she seems to be about the Political “Intrigue”, especially from the perspective of the “Conservative” side… Clueless, for a Sunday Morning Talk Show Anchor.!!!

13. Lovearepublican says:

Every single time I see a Republican claim to support the Mueller investigation I get physically sick. After everything we know as a fact in this investigation and how all of it is based on lies, the fact that any Republican still sits there and says they support it only confirms that the Republicans want Trump gone just as much as the Democrats.

• Santiago1314 says:

Just Talking Points, Trump has Nothing to Fear, because He Knows what He Did, or in this Case; WHAT HE DIDN’T DO.!!!… (No Collusion Delusion)…He is President; He can and HAS Probably seen all “Files” on what FBI/DOJ has done to him(just likes Nunes)…He is Holding the FISA abuse, IG Report, Huber…etc… As Amo, against any “Mueller” Report..It will all be Over Soon.

• Mr. T. says:

Exactly. They support a corrupt, partisan political anal exam of someone who they do not like based on a completely false dossier compiled by foreign spies paid for by Trumps political opponent and the opposition party through nefarious means that were not properly disclosed and have resulted in millions of dollars of taxpayer funds spend chasing a rabbit down a hole and undermining Trumps ability to lead the people of theis nation that voted for him.

And this idiot supports that? He is the one that should be impeached. For lack of intelligence and the inability to use logic and reason to discern fact and fiction.

14. Boxerpaws says:

why in the sam h heck do all these Republicans proclaim they support the ILLEGAL Mueller probe? are they nuts?

• paper doll says:

I think it’s simply they CANNOT stand up to the attacks that would come their way if they didn’t bend a knee…also hedging their bets….. the coup attempt is still on.

15. Soldier/Cop/Grunt, Retired says:

For most of you folks who have commented before me regarding the senator and the issues, may I say you have raised an old soldier/cop’s attitude toward some of his fellow Americans up a notch or two. For those of you who have not seen combat on the streets and/or in the bush, just keep a few things in mind.

1). Never assume what the other guy is going to do when the shooting starts. I keep one eye on those who talk the most before we saddle up and move out of the fire base. Been my experience the big talkers are the ones who dive for cover first and don’t come up until the fights over. Remember, cowards are a danger no matter which side of the street they are on.

2). Once you knock the bad guys down you don’t let them back up. You leave no one behind who can hurt you should you have to come back out the same way you went in.

No, I don’t believe we are going to get into a real shooting rebellion. We are too divided at this point and there are too many groups who would grab their part of the pie and never want to share any of it for the benefit of all.

Folks, lets all pray that somehow we can get out of this mess by following the law and by only isolating those who have violated the same to get us to this point. Let’s pray that picking up a weapon and standing a post is nothing more than separating the tin horn politicians from the real leaders needed to right the ship of state.

I am especially worried about our young folks. So many of them are surely confused after all they have heard in the schools, from the media, etc. They have a hell of a lot to ponder. May God be with them and us.

• sDee says:

“No, I don’t believe we are going to get into a real shooting rebellion.”

The enemy are the globalists and they intend only to rule us. What we see surfacing now, is a century of design to end US sovereignty. They are deeply entrenched within both political parties, all government institutions, the media/entertainment, churches and schools.

I liken America’s dire circumstance more to a glamorous death march, than to a battle.

Republicans like this Kennedy join the march to entertain us with the Uniparty’s good cop, bad cop routine- to keep us marching.

Donald Trump stood boldly in front of that march – to shake us out of our stupor. He pointed to the enemy and has begun to lead us back – to give us a chance to save ourselves.

If we chose to believe that the Republican Party or any politician (R or D) is going to save us, we stay with the death march.

16. Poor Ole Margaret Brennan host of CBS “Face the Nation” tries DESPERATELY to get Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) to turn on Pres.Trump making known LIAR former CORRUPT FBI acting Dir. Andrew McCabe & Michael Cohen look like the (Good-Guys) while painting Paul Manafort as SATAN Himself.
    ~Margaret Brennan is a typical Democrat [INTERRUPTING] every chance she gets when the Conversation doesn’t go the way she Wants.~
    *LMAO…Andrew McCabe is a Lifelong Republican is an OXYMORON when his head is so far up CLINTON-FIXER Terry McAuliffe’s ASS…..Ain’t that right Jill McCabe.*

17. Retired IG says:

Where has Senator Kennedy been all of my life? MADE MY DAY listening to him. McCabe “twisted like a bad 2 by 4? LOL. Will have to repeat my watch of this interview just to record his sayings, So refreshing. RE McCabe my Dad circa 1910 would have said – what a “schmaltz.” Disturbing to see McCabe DANCE around his crimes. Promoting a book no less. To watch and experience the former #2 at the FBI self destruct is painful to me. Actually quite crushing.
    In my swearing in ceremony, I put my hand over my heart, and said “I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.”
    McCabe, WTF? Where did you get so corrupted in your service to the USA?

• sDee says:

Brennen and Kennedy both had the same objective in their little skit – to use McCabe as a red herring.

The real threat to liberty and the rule of law is not one or two warped 2x4s like McCabe – it is the deeply entrenched sedition that controls our nation. Brennen represents the interests of the State Media to keep it hidden. Kennedy represents the interests of the Uniparty to keep us distracted with elephant/donkey games.

……………………..

“”The term red herring comes from a technique used to throw tracking dogs off someone’s trail. People would commonly preserve herring by salting and smoking it. This process turns the fish a reddish brown…and very pungent. So pungent in fact that a dog’s sensitive nose picks it up all too easily, drawing it towards the fish instead. Dropping smoked herring behind your trail tended to distract all but the most well-trained dogs. Thus the term “red herring” for something intended to throw a person off a particular course of action.””

18. anthohmy says:

McCabe is obviously Pro Trump, he slid in.

• AmericaFirst says:

I thought he just misspoke, he is not terribly articulate and doesn’t think quickly enough to formulate an entire sentence, especially when repeatedly interrupted.

19. sDee says:

For those who may have missed Sundance’s link to video of the real John Kennedy, R-Louisiana shilling for Tom Donanhue ………………

• The Boss says:

Kennedy is too dumb to recite the simple lines he was given by the CofC. He is clearly a bought-off whore. Just not a very good one. Only trick he can turn is his vote.

• Kennedy is execrable in this clip. He derails every attempt at explaining a complex subject tries to browbeat Lighthauser. Lighthauser holds his own and exposes the maneuvering at least as far as this segment takes us. Kennedy needs that bag over his head here, interrupting and trying to push an agenda rather than actually looking for an enunciation of the administrations rational and basis of action.
      Thanks for posting the clip in this thread.

20. convert says:

It never ceases to amaze me how obviously partisan she is in this interview, how obviously she is trying to talk over him, cut him off, offer rebuttal on behalf of the Dem under discussion, never ceases to amaze how blind these journalists are to their obvious partisanship and lack of professionalism.

• But they are all like that; everything is always Trump’s fault, nothing is ever a Dems fault. Muslim anti-Semetic? Trump made her do it. Cohen asks POTUS for pardon; Trump made him do it. etc etc etc.

Also, though, why do the GOP reps always have to say stuff like this guy, like there were actually FBI supporters of Trump? Doing what? I haven’t heard of any…why do they do this? So weak. I should call his office and ask if he has the names of any Trump supporters in the FBI.

• I did call his office. I said he did a good job but I wanted to know the names of who the FBI employees were that supported Trump. Of course the person could not provide me with names. I said I couldn’t understand why Republicans always did this; the Dems could do no wrong, it has to include Republicans, too and I would like to know who the Republicans in the FBI are because I never heard of any, they all hate Trump. I suggested he put out a press release naming who in the FBI supports Trump.

21. Amy2 says:

MARGARET BRENNAN: Sir, good to talk at you today. (Fixed it.)

22. covfefe999 says:

Who did Brennan sleep with to get that job? She is as dumb as a rock and clearly is getting questions fed to her via earpiece, that’s why she doesn’t respond quickly.

23. Kevin B says:

BIG DEAL more Republican tough talk. DEMAND an investigation. DO something.

24. Damon Senior says:

Which ones were for Trump again??

25. Zorro says:

Brennan’s husband is a Syrian-American. He wrote a dissertation “that lays out an argument for why the principles of Islam support democratic ideals”.

26. Linda Jean Burkett says:

McCabe’s lucky? Balderdash. It’s political, pure and simple game playing. If he keeps his mouth shut, nothing happens or if he trashes PDJT, nothing happens. We the people are they only ones that have to worry about the justice system.

27. Keith D. Rodebush says:

This is typical GOP virtue signaling to the media; as if they will ever love us. “Oh look, I’m fair. I will include Republicans in any criticism I have because we are all guilty. Please love me!” Makes me sick. He should be defeated in the next primary.

28. John55 says:

Mueller is every bit as crooked as McCabe, so I have to wonder why all the Republicans in the Senate feel this need to keep on expressing their support for him.

29. nbkilgore says:

The destruction of the FBI started with Mueller (12 years), the Mueller’s Choir Boy Awe-Shucks Comey (6+ years) and McCabe (3 months) dumped petro on 7th floor, lit a match to it, walked saying I didn’t do nuffin!

30. PVCDroid says:

Nice job he did trashing Roger Stone, who’s going to suffer for no reason other than another Trump associate needs to be imprisoned.

31. I liked Senator Kennedy in this interview and I liked him in questioning the tech giants (was it Mark Zuckerberg?). He was asking very clever common sense questions in that hearing. There’s a good streak in this man, but I admit I have no knowledge of him outside these 2 video clips. I don’t know how much goodness he displays normally, so I can’t make an overall judgement of the man. But GOPe or not, like Lindsey Graham he at least sometimes finds his set of balls and stands by what’s right and fair. That’s positive. We should encourage him to show more of this kind of brave sticking to the principles.