Breakout: President Trump and Chairman Kim Day #2 Greeting…

President Trump and Chairman Kim initial one-on-one meeting to begin day two. Both leaders appear engaged and cautiously optimistic. Again, President Trump focuses on the economic potential for a denuclearized North Korea.  [Transcript will follow]

[Transcript] President Trump: “Well, thank you very much Chairman Kim, and it’s great to be with you again. And, I’m sure over the years we’ll be together a lot, and I think we’ll also be together after the fact, meaning after the deal is made. We had very good discussions last night at dinner, and the pre-dinner was very good. And, there were a lot of great ideas being thrown about. I think very importantly, the relationship is, you know, just very strong, and when you have a good relationship, a lot of good things happen. So, I can’t speak necessarily for today, but I can say that this, a little bit longer term, and over a period of time, I know we’re going to have a fantastic success with respect to Chairman Kim and North Korea. They’re going to have an economic powerhouse. I’ve been writing about it, I’ve been talking about it. I think it’s going to be an economic powerhouse. And it’s something I very much look forward to helping with because with a little bit of help in the right location and the right place, I think it’s going to be something very special.”

(translator for President Trump): “I’ve been saying very much from the beginning that speed is not that important to me. I very much appreciate no testing of nuclear rockets, missiles, any of it. Very much appreciate it. And, Chairman Kim and I had a great talk about that last night. I’ll let him say what he said if he’d like to and if he doesn’t, he doesn’t have to. But, we had a very good talk about that last night. And again, I am in no rush. We don’t want the testing, and we’ve developed something very special with respect to that. But, I just want to say I have great respect for Chairman Kim, and I have great respect for his country, and I believe that it will be something economically that will be almost hard to compete with for many countries. It has such potential.”

Chairman Kim (translated): “Well, it’s too early to tell, but I wouldn’t say that I’m pessimistic. From what I feel right now, I do have a feeling that good results will come out.”

This entry was posted in China, Live Streaming, N Korea, President Trump, Uncategorized, USA, Vietnam Summit. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Breakout: President Trump and Chairman Kim Day #2 Greeting…

1. free.and.true says:

Thanks so much for your excellent sustained coverage!

2. MFM says:

Amazing, thank you Mr. President..

3. NewSister says:

POTUS is killing it!
    I’m proud and grateful.
    God BLESS him.

4. The Boss says:

Notice the chairs? They’re different sizes.

5. GB Bari says:

Good remarks. Chairman Kim is still optimistic. President Trump is “in no rush” to simply get a deal; it must be a good deal.

• mr.piddles says:

The fact that this is happening is at all is a win for the U.S. And the MSM would rather focus on Bull Crap. Because a.) they hate Donald J. Trump, and b.) they hate the U.S… but mostly “a”.

• GB Bari says:

I would suggest (c) They are woefully and dangerously ignorant of what is more important to the economic health and long term viability of this country.

I believe the intellectual development of an alarmingly large number of Americans has been stunted by a defective education system combined with a media industry (that includes the social media giants) that has deliberately limited Americans access to the full range of facts and information that would enable Americans to make better choices at the ballot box.

• All Too Much says:

GB Bari – re: your second paragraph. I don’t want to mess up the board with an OT link, however Projet Veritas has new report exposing exactly what you refer to. PV has a Facebook insider, with documents, about exactly what your are saying.

Sorry for the OT.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

“The fact that this is happening is at all is a win for the U.S. ”
        —————————————-
        This is exactly how we see it, too. It is a miracle that the two of them are communicating peacefully. Can anyone imagine B.O. or Hillary speaking to Kim Jong Un like that?!

Thank You, President Trump, for representing us very well.

• Jan says:

Not without their little red button that says “reset!” This second summit would have never happened for either one of them. If B.O. were still President, Hawaii would be missing right now; if Hitlery were President, 30,000 American troops and families would be dead along with 1 billion South Koreans & North Koreans, and the Chinese navy would be firing on the U.S. Pacific Fleet. And neither one of them would have said or written one word to Kim Jung Un.

6. Great coverage SD. You may be the only one covering the Hanoi Summit (truthfully).

Kim looks so much more relaxed at this second meeting.

• mr.piddles says:

Alternative news media is the only news media. The rest is some combination of fluff and propaganda. Thank God for The Internet and Smart People! Which should give us all a bit of hope, IMO.

7. SD, thank you for your coverage of this issue. It is the only coverage of this issue that makes any sense.

8. Grandma Covfefe says:

Thank You so much, Sundance, for posting all these news, videos and transcripts.

You are still our favorite reporter, along with a bunch of Treepers who help to post news daily, as well.

This Treehouse is a lifesaver and a Blessing to us.

9. All Too Much says:

The pictures of the US, NK, and Viet Nam flags together, on street lamps and other places, had me shaking my head. My father was in the Marine’s front lines in the Chosin Reservoir battle, the Frozen Chosin, in December 1950. I missed the Viet Nam war draft by a year or two. Living through all that, and those times, through my father and personally, the picture of those flags really hit me, in most positive and patriotic way. God bless you, President Trump

10. Sunshine says:

It’s what I thought. Things aren’t going well. Look at Kim’s hands all throughout the clip, even rubbing his thigh, and no smiles. If anything, PDJT seems angry.

As I mentioned earlier on another post, Kim arrived thinking he was Superman and he could control PDJT. However now I think PDJT is playing the Art of the Deal. Looking at Kim’s body language says it all.

On another later clip, we see how happy Kim is with Pompeo while ignoring PDJT. That means ‘help me – get me away from that man’.

I really think we’re witnessing the Art of the Deal in full play. Bad cop, good cop.

The trip was well worth it. Billions in investment. Meanwhile, Kim will be the bad guy while PDJT will be the good guy. Kim better wake up.

• Arrest Soros says:

Hey Sunshine, you either forgot the /sarc tag, or you didn’t watch what everyone else watched.
      Kim smiled numerous times, looked confident and relaxed.
      He is also probably wary of the #FakeNews media and is being very careful.

• Sunshine says:

Look at it with the SOUND MUTED.
        I agree: Kim did smile a few times but not in reaction to Trump. And Trump did smile slightly a few times but not in reaction to Kim.
        You’ll see a lot of tension, especially on Kim’s side.

• Sunshine says:

BTW, I answered on another post.
        I think Kim wants money, the type of money that is personal. Most Nation leaders and their acolytes don’t cooperate without money under the table.
        And Trump doesn’t operate that way. Which would explain Kim’s nervousness and Trump’s obvious displeasure.

11. Blind no longer says:

We are living in historic times, and have the greatest President in my lifetime. Thank You Lord above!!!

12. Bree says:

So proud of our President!

13. Petrel says:

My sense of the press conference is that Chairman Kim arrived frightened to death. (That train ride, which should have taken 2 days, took 4 days with a transit-stop in Peking, where the Chinese read him a riot act about appearing too friendly / positive.) As a consequence Kim maintained a closed, scowling look.

None of this surprised President Trump, who signaled to Kim his ongoing support: Kim and I “have a special relationship,” North Korea will one day be “an economic powerhouse,” these negotiations “take time.” Clearly the President’s telegraphed understanding reached Kim, who responded guardedly: “Well, it’s too early to tell, but I wouldn’t say that I’m pessimistic. From what I feel right now, I do have a feeling that good results will come out.”

• bertdilbert says:

Kim is looking forward to a Mar A Lago vacation. When you have made the grade with Trump, that is where the big shots are invited to.

• The earlier meetings seemed to show POTUS being very fatherly, though respectful, to Kim.
      The other interesting point is that Pres. Trump totally understands that one of the typical negotiating ploys used in Asian deals is manipulating time–creating false sense of urgency with false deadlines. POTUS shows he is not moved by that at all; which both cuts off the issue and gives Kim room to move his country (and its “elite”) toward a deal. It took decades to arrive at this point, it won’t be solved overnight.

14. wmingpt says:

MSNBC and CNN have not mentioned the summit tonight….all Cohen.

• Kimmy K says:

Have to feed the animals, er, their base

• Jan says:

Of course not, Pres. Trump’s character is much more important than denuclearization and world peace. That’s their stance and they’re going to blow up on it!! According to Dr. Gorka tonight, he had a caller on his radio show today who indicated he was joining the Republican party. He couldn’t believe the Dimms were focused on Cohen’s hearing and ignoring the summit. At least one more person WOKE up today, if not many more.