McConnell and Schumer Strike Deal For Senate Votes on Funding….

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer have come to a UniParty agreement to advance two simultaneous bills to end the government shutdown.

The first bill contains the Trump priority agenda; the second bill contains the Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell priority agenda.  The senate will get to vote on both bills individually.  It is possible, perhaps likely, both will fail. However, watch the defectors. If history is a guide, any defectors will come from the GOPe side of the equation.

(Washington DC) […]  The first vote will be on President Trump‘s proposal to to reopen the government, provide $5.7 billion in funding for the border wall and extend legal protections to some immigrants for three years. If that fails, the Senate would then vote on a three-week continuing resolution (CR).

There is no guarantee that either bill can get the votes to pass and break the months-long stalemate that has closed roughly a quarter of the government. But the deal between McConnell and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) is the first glimmer of progress after weeks of entrenched back-and-forth.

Schumer thanked McConnell after he set up the votes and pointed to the Democratic proposal as a way out of the funding fight.

“We have a second amendment that could break us out of the morass we are in. …For the first time, we will get a vote on whether to open the government without any decision one way or the other on border security,” Schumer said. (more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Government Shutdown, Legislation, media bias, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, Notorious Liars, President Trump. Bookmark the permalink.

355 Responses to McConnell and Schumer Strike Deal For Senate Votes on Funding….

1. Zorro says:

Looks like gubmint shutdowns will be the tools of the Demosocialists until eternity or totalitarian control.

• dd_sc says:

Been doing it since 2010 – playing CR or shutdown roulette.

Ryan and McConnell made pretty much zero effort to end the scam and return regular budget order to Congress.

• Yy4u says:

Way before 2010. Unless Republicans do what Democrats want, gov is shut down and press always blame Republicans. Thats how Democratic Totalitarianism works. People think they have a voice but their vote and voice only counts if they vote Democrat. Brits get the same choice as Brexit proves.

All this is Ryan’s fault. He was a perfect mole for the Democrats. A tool. It is hard to accept that our choice in 2012 was between Democrat Obama and Democrat Romney-Ryan. My guess ia until VAGPDJT came along 2016 was supposed to be the same nonchoice. Democrat Clinton or Democrat Bush. They have been pulling this same crap on us since 1988. Reagan was supposed go be the last Republican president. We just werent supposed to know it.

• starfcker says:

Look, Ryan didn’t get his way. His dream was always pushing Grandma off the cliff. Trump refused to touch Social Security, just like you promised. I’ve never seen a situation where the Speaker of the House basically takes his ball and goes home nine months before the election. The House of Representatives was basically null and void for most of 2018 because of that prick.

• Crabby says:

I wish we could make people like him pay and pay good. I don’t mean violence, but something hurtful that lasted for a long time. A brand of the male genitalia on his forehead maybe. Yes that would work.

• Kevin Cowlishaw says:

When he takes up his new position in the fake news media, you could ask him how he enjoyed his Quisling years as speaker for the democrats.

• litlbit2 says:

McConnell was and continues to be Ryan or vise-versa as both ideas of a breakthrough are a scam allowing the swamp puppets to believe neither are exposed to being paid for employees against the American folks. Hope me wrong! Waiting.

• Lionel Mandrake says:

That’s what happens when you have a Soviet style mainstream.

• John Ruppe says:

I think Reagan was the last Republican. I voted Trumpublican after the Repubs stopped being real Conservatives.

• highdezertgator says:

Ryan is the “Prince of Smirks”

• mopar2016 says:

That picture of McConnell and Schumer says it all. Bi-partisan leftist lowlifes.

McConnell is saying to Schumer: How can I betray my side of the aisle without looking like I’m betraying my side of the aisle?

And Schumer is saying: Don’t worry, Tom Donohue and I have a plan, and it’ll work real well, just like it always does.

• msAnnThrope says:

Bipartisan — when the “Republicans” give in to the Democrats. When has it EVER worked the other way? We are just playing with words. “Bipartisan means getting your area whipped. No crime in being a wuss. Big crime in not admitting that’s what your are.

• Kevin Cowlishaw says:

There is no real aisle, it’s a created illusion.

2. bertdilbert says:

Another round of bread and circus to cover up the fact that we got another CR with big fat overspending that republicans can hide behind.

3. woohoowee says:

Politutes on Parade. As per usual.

4. For Eyes says:

If anyone has any 64D chess fantasies about how this is actually good news, fill me in. Fantasy seems to all there is to cling to in this one.

• Crabby says:

OMG, you are so clever. I wish YOU were president because you would be able to defeat the Chinese, NORKS. Democrats, Republicans., Chamber of Commerce, Unions, and the News Media. Is there anything else you may add to make yourself look good at the expense of others? Why snipe people on the same side, like a freshman for the Bronx. Your comment is self serving and disgusting. Otherwise I agree -100%

• thegoosefish says:

We should probably wait and see how it shakes out.

• lemmus1 says:

LG convinced POTUS that he could deliver 7 Dem votes on his bill. We will see if he can.

• thegoosefish says:

Pardon my ignorance, but who is LG? 7 votes would be cool, but who are they?

• thegoosefish says:

Oh, Lindsey Graham. If he delivers 7 votes there will be some payback somewhere; that’s how it works. Wonder what the payback is.

• irish19 says:

I was wondering the same thing myself.

• lemmus1 says:

Lindsey Graham. It’s his ‘bridge act’ that POTUS proposed as a compromise. LG won’t name them but evidently he convinced POTUS they were there. Of course Schumer will do all he can to hold onto them.

• thegoosefish says:

Here’s my list of possible converts. Tell me which ones are ridiculous. I”m including the two New Mexico democrats due to the huge problem in the area. and Kyrsten Sinema. If by some stroke of luck he was able to get these votes, it would cause enormous pressure on the House.

Kyrsten Sinema (D)
              Doug Jones (D)
              Jon Tester (D)
              Martin Heinrich (D)
              Tom Udall (D)
              Joe Manchin (D)
              Bob Casey Jr. (D)
              Angus King (I)

• RedWave 2020 says:

Heinrich and Udall are big leftists they even voted against the “dem compromise” last year aka amnesty since it had wall funding. I could see Casey crossing over but I doubt it as he’s not up for re-election for a while. Tester is also a total swamp creature screwed up Dr. Ronny jackson’s nomination for no reason but still there’s a chance he crosses over as MT won’t be happy with him. King’s only under consideration as Collin’s may pressure him as they know each other quite well.
                Shaheen and Peters are up for reelection in 2020 in very close states so they may bend the knee.

• Kyrsten Sinema (D) is a no border wall girl.

• Daniel says:

I’m with you there. I thought the reference was to an electronics brand. These people love to abbreviate to the point of unreadability. Probably a millennial. I guess I’m just old. We were taught to write on paper with pencils and were only allowed to use ink when we were good enough to write with few mistakes (this was before the papermate eraseable ink pens… those were amazing) and I was a teenager when I got into BBSes and was then born into electronic communication and interaction where I quickly found out that unless I improved my grammar and language skills, no one would take me seriously at all. So what did I do? I became much better. And while I was always good at math and science, my English and history scores were pretty pathetic. But once I was born into the online world (predating the internet as we know it by a LOT) everything changed and so did I.

Sorry for the rant, but the language is a cultural crisis in and of itself. I can be fairly certain that these people who overly and inappropriately abbreviate and/or cannot keep “then” and “than” straight are probably the same people who think we should all speak English in this country because it’s the official language. And they probably think Ebonics was a horrible excuse for people not speaking better.

Language and education are a huge and important part of the culture and if we cannot maintain standards even among ourselves, how can we think we can change (restore) the rest of the country when we are so incredibly loath to do something as simple as to correct and improve our individual selves?

The only people who will be offended by this are those who know their own weaknesses and are uninterested in addressing them.

• thegoosefish says:

Conservatives seem to have post-traumatic stress disorder brought on by numerous seemingly convincing news articles. At this point in time, I wait 24 hours before I rant.

• BigTalkers says:

The only positive here is for the FIRST TIME we get a RECORDED VOTE in the Senate on the Border.

5. fanbeav says:

These spending bills have tons of money going to other countries! Why can’t President Trump slice off amounts from those and make it public knowledge? So tired of these spending bills being kept quite about what is really in them!

6. Margaret Berger says:

How did obummer send 150 billion to iran? Where in our budget did he find that? Let us tap that same source for our wall.

• dd_sc says:

I believe that was Iranian assets that were frozen by the sanctions. Returned to Iran as part of Obama’s deal.

• Dutchman says:

Yup. BUT, Obummer transferred $, without appropriations, to make the payments to Insurance companies, as a part of Obummercare. Potus stopped such payments, IIRC.

• TProst says:

I think you meant to say Obama violated his own sanctions on Iran and laundered money to deliver the pallets of cash in several currencies.

• WSB says:

That was the Shah’s regime. Not this one. No money sgpuld ever have been dispersed.

• alonzo1956 says:

You are only partially correct. It was somewhere around $12 billion (can’t remember exact number) of Iranian assets for future weapons purchases that was frozen. The money sat in the bank FROZEN, gaining zero interest and unable to be loaned. The money we paid them also included interest, which was the majority of the monies. The American taxpayer footed that bill. Congress didn’t appropriate that now did they? We were duped and most people still don’t realize the scam.

7. magatrump says:

Well all we can do is pray my friends that POTUS has the strength to continue to stand up for us and build that wall.

8. Appalled says:

The shutdown has lasted over 30 days. Time for a selective reduction in force.

9. Dutchman says:

If he is faced with the CR, sign it and simultaneously declare a SoE. “Didn’t WANT to do it, but Congress’s intrangigence has forced my hand.

It REALLY IS a National Security and Humanitarian crises, and people are dieing while Congress dithers, so I am Declaring, and having military start building Wall.
    And, in 3 weeks I STILL won’t sign legislation without 5.7 billion wall funding, nor another C.R.”

• lemmus1 says:

With all due respect Dutch, POTUS cannot at this point sign any bill without wall funding. Pelosi has declared all-out war. She is determined to do to 45 what they did to 41 when he was forced to back down on his signature campaign pledge “No new taxes”. It cost 41 re-election and, imnsho, it will cost 45 the same. POTUS either keeps his pledge now, or he is toast in ’20.

10. k4jjj says:

I no longer support any compromise with Democrats. They have chosen this as a climactic moral battle for America and I agree with that. You do not meet evil half way. Half way to evil is still evil. This has become a zero sum game. Evil must lose and we must win. Period. No surrender. No truce. No quarter. Bring the world down on their wicked heads. They have earned it.

• Crabby says:

I don’t understand why the coast guard, secret service and the air traffic controllers are considered non-essential. But something has to give.

• visage13 says:

I totally agree keep it shut down.

• NvMtnOldMan says:

K4–I am 83 years old and have been watching the gutless Repubs do this for over 60 years. When the Rs are in power all we hear from the dims is compromise, but when the dims are in power it is “we won you lost”. It has sickened me all my adult life. Llyin Ryan and the Turtle have been the worst. The Turtle is still doing it. With mcshame, snowflake gone he will team up with Mittens and a few other rinos. The whole place needs to be cleaned out once and for all.

• Judith says:

I hear you @OldMan! I am disgusted with every member of the UNiparty and, unfortunately, that would be every one of them.

First clue was when the Republicans steadfastly refused to support their own president. President Trump can’t even make recess appointments. How blatant can they be?

Then the House intentionally threw their majority to the DemonRats in the midterms. They are so disgustingly transparent.

Get em OUT!

• tucker7518 says:

Tom Brokaw said on “Morning Joe” that Democrats are just as much to blame as Republicans for the shutdown. He said all the Democrats are doing is saying, “Nay, Nay, Nay’, and the the young people are having pep rallies in the hall.

• nats1mom says:

I agree k. Schumer, Pelozi showed their true colors and it’s NOT red/white/blue colors.

11. duchess01 says:

This is just another Uniparty dance – neither one of these bills will get signed by the President – both of these fools should pack their bags – I am tired of the American people getting the shaft from these globalist goons – it is high time they paid for their high crimes and malfeasance!

LOCK THEM BOTH UP – along with half of the Senate and House persons – cannot call them representatives since they represent no one but, themselves!

12. Ausonius says:

I skimmed through the comments: has anyone seen this?

There was no deal…ever? Or there is no deal…now? 😉

• Jenevive says:

Maybe they have been getting lots of calls.. let hope this is true.

• lemmus1 says:

The ‘deal’ was for two votes.

The first is POTUS’ proposal. The Dems will likely defeat it although LG has said he has 7 Dem votes for it. If it passes, it has to go to the House where it would need 23 Dem votes.

The 2nd is a 3 week CR with no wall. The pubbies will likely defeat it. POTUS will not sign it if they do.

Odds are very high that there will be no end to the shutdown.

• Imagine if Graham in the senate and Jordan/Meadows/Nunes in the house managed to flip just enough new and frustrated Dems without telling anyone.

Then McConnell cooks up a scheme with Schumer, but McConnellmis wise to the flipped Dems.

Would that be a perfect trap. The voted come up in the house and by golly President Trumps wall is funded. Pelosi screams and faints. McConnell hold the votes and once again, the Presidents bill is passed. Schumer and Pelosi are carried off to the nut farm.

Yaaaaaawn, OMG, I must have been dreaming.

13. c says:

no just don’t sign anything and do an SoE now, then declas all papers immediately with no redactions, and start arrests

14. leslievb3 says:

Times like this sure make me miss the line item veto power the President had. I’m sure there is some serious “democrat pork” in that document. It is disgusting not only of the waste but the governments ability to hide the waste from the American people.

15. elaineohio says:

Trump will never cave on the wall….. the congress creatures are trivial as compared to negotiations with China, SA, Mexico, Turkey ect….

16. visage13 says:

They can vote all they want doesn’t mean our President will sign it. I hope he vetoes the hell out of it if it doesn’t contain funding for the wall.

17. Jake says:

72 hour rule is in effect. Don’t forget the Covington Kids!! The first blast of news is always wrong lately.

18. Hmmm... says:

I somehow think McConnell knows both bills will fail which would be the ideal result. I dislike him for a lot of reasons but McConnell does have admirable qualities. He wins a lot and he doesn’t cave under pressure. That means whichever outcome develops is no accident as he would not cave unless he was confident in the outcome. I will be surprised if he hands a win to the Dems. It would be a very bold move on his part and I don’t see how conservative media can spin it to give him any cover.

19. dallasdan says:

As SD noted, we should watch for RINO defections. However, if they can’t swing the vote against the President, they will remain “in the shadows,” and continue their passive-aggressive resistance.

The President is all-in on the wall as he has never been before, IMO. He won’t back-down, and I believe he will veto either or both of the two bills if they pass and the content demands his capitulation.

20. Somebody says:

Pretty sure Chuck meant a second bill, not a 2nd amendment solution to the “morass”. However, if he really meant a 2nd amendment solution, I like our side’s chances😉

• jbowen82 says:

I think they are technically voting on amendments to be added to an existing bill, not a standalone bill. That’s why he said amendment.

21. JX says:

Thank you Mitch. /s

22. Revenant says:

McConnel wont put up his own bill to have it fail. The GOP bill will pass.

Question is how many GOP senators vote for Schumer bill also.

23. Publius2016 says:

I think 45’s Compromise Bill gets passed with 56 to 57 votes…$5.7 billion is a drop in the bucket for Border security…

24. thegoosefish says:

The President did the right thing and offered a compromise, which was spat upon. Let it ferment.

25. JX says:

McConnell on the radio … three more years of “DACA”

The GOP has got to go.

• Daniel says:

That won’t actually happen. Ginsberg is clearly going to retire and yet another conservative justice will be appointed and confirmed. The timing should be just about right to ensure DACA will be ruled illegal or unconstitutional as an executive order or executive action and that will place the entirety of the burden on the legislative branch where nothing meaningful ever happens without massive levels of dirty tricks.

26. John Smith says:

This is fake news. Don’t believe it.

27. I vote veto them both. None of it is in good faith, and the President should say as much.

• JX says:

January 22, 2019

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) made the following remarks on the Senate floor regarding Democrat obstruction and the President’s plan to re-open the closed portions of the federal government, fund border security and address additional immigration measures:

“Here’s what happened this weekend with respect to the continuing disagreement over funding the government. Two things happened over the weekend…

“On Saturday, the Senate was in session, and members of both parties came here to the floor to speak about the urgent need for a bipartisan compromise to re-open the federal government.

“For the sake of federal workers who need certainty and for the sake of the American people who need their nation’s government fully online.

“Also on Saturday, President Trump rolled out a bold, comprehensive offer to do just that. It would break through this stalemate that would re-open government swiftly and deliver on a number of other policy priorities that are seen as crucial on both sides of the aisle. So that’s where we are on day 32 of this partial government shutdown. That’s where we are as this new week begins.

“We’ve heard members of Congress on all sides demanding a resolution to this impasse and a plan to quickly restore full funding to the federal government… and we now have a plan from the President that would do exactly that, and quickly — while incorporating both the bipartisan work of the Appropriations Committee and bipartisan proposals on current immigration issues.

“The opportunity to end all of this is staring us in the face. That’s why we will vote on this legislation on the Senate floor this week. All that needs to happen is Democrats agree it is time to put the country ahead of politics, take ‘yes’ for an answer, and vote to put this standoff behind us.

“To be clear, the proposal outlined by the President that we’ll consider here in the Senate is the only proposal currently before us that can be signed by the President and immediately reopen the government.

“First and foremost, it’s the only proposal that would reopen the government fully and immediately. But it’s not merely a continuing resolution. It wouldn’t kick the can down the road. Instead, it would fulfill the Congress’ responsibilities — without footnotes, without caveats, without hitting snooze. This measure would wrap up last year’s historic progress on appropriations. It would pass all seven remaining regular-order funding bills and deliver supplemental funding for disaster recovery.

“Importantly, it’s also the only proposal that would deliver a comprehensive investment in our nation’s border security. To be clear, that’s comprehensive by the standards of Border Patrol experts, the men and women on the ground.

“The bill would provide funding for each of the CBP’s top ten priority investments for border security, including a substantial investment in enhanced surveillance technologies, funding for the recruitment and training of 750 new Border Patrol agents… and $5.7 billion for the construction of a physical barrier along the highest-priority areas of the southern border.

“In addition to these measures — similar to ones that earned strong bipartisan support in the past — the legislation would take significant steps to modify certain areas of immigration policy. For example, it would grant three-year lawful status for certain currently-enrolled DACA recipients and individuals under TPS. These are areas where Congressional Democrats have expressed vocal interest.

“Now they are included in a comprehensive proposal to open the government, fulfill our promise to federal employees, and address the humanitarian and security crisis at our southern border. It’s a proposal that the President will support. As I have stated consistently over the past month, that fact will earn it consideration here in the Senate.

“A fully reopened federal government. Certainty and stability for federal employees once again. The bipartisan appropriations legislation this body worked out together. The full investment in border security that the experts on the ground say they need. And changes to our immigration policies that are similar to ones Democrats have themselves been fighting for.

“To reject this proposal, Democrats would have to prioritize political combat with the President ahead of federal workers, ahead of DACA recipients, ahead of border security, and ahead of stable and predictable government funding. Is that really a price that Democrats want to pay to prolong this episode, which they say they want to be over and done with?

“Is their plan truly to throw federal workers, DACA recipients, Customs and Border Patrol, and indeed all Americans under the bus just to extend this run of political theater? So they can look like champions of the so-called ‘Resistance’?

“Well, that’s what some leading Democrats tried to assert right out of the gate, before they’d even really studied the President’s new proposal. Speaker Pelosi came out right away and tried to rally her troops. She immediately described the President’s proposals as ‘unacceptable.’

“That’s not exactly surprising, considering that just a few weeks ago, the Speaker went way out on a limb and declared that physical border security is on its face, quote, ‘an immorality.’ But not every Democrat seems to see it that way. And how could they. One Democrat from the state of Washington admitted, quote, ‘the wall is not in itself a bad idea… it’s been done.’ Another from Illinois asserted, quote, ‘If we have a partial wall, if we have fencing, if we have technology used to keep our border safe, all of that is fine.’ And one of the Speaker’s fellow members of the California delegation said, quote, ‘We will support border security… all of its elements including fences.’ This is just a small sampling of House Democrats’ actual views about the merits of border security. These quotations don’t even begin to touch all of Democrats’ demands that we reopen government right away…and their past calls to bring more certainty to the individuals affected by DACA and TPS.

“So on one side of the scale we have all of my Democratic colleagues’ declarations that we must reopen the rest of the federal government and get federal workers their paychecks…We have their statements and past votes that show they believe securing our border with some physical barriers is a good thing…And we have their stated desire to help out a number of individuals with a more certain immigration status.

“That’s one side of the scale. All that’s on the other side is the far left’s political animus for the occupant of the White House. It is high time to get serious. Even the Washington Post’s editorial board, which is no fan of the President and does not support every piece of his compromise proposal, had this to say about Democrats’ outright refusal to negotiate: ‘To refuse even to talk until the government reopens does no favors to sidelined federal workers and contractors… a measure of statesmanship for a member of Congress now is the ability to accept some disappointments, and shrug off the inevitable attacks from purists, if it means rescuing the lives of thousands of deserving people living among us.’

“If even the Washington Post believes my friends the Democratic leaders’ total refusal to negotiate has grown very stale, you have to believe many of their own members must be starting to feel the same way.

“The President has made a comprehensive and bipartisan offer that would accomplish everything Democrats have said needs to be accomplished right now. It’s a strong proposal. It’s the only thing on the table. And later this week, we will vote on it.”

• Kevin Cowlishaw says:

Any bill that contains funding for the wall will fail. Democrats are not going to agree to anything that allows Trump to keep his promise of building the wall.

28. czarowniczy says:

And Hollyork muddles the Shutdown issue. Tonight ‘Inside Edition’ ran a piece on how some Federal employees (sorry, can’t bring myself to say ‘workers’) in Las Vegas are pawning things to make ends meet. One of the items the pawn broker showed as pawned was a brand new $1500 pair of Louis Vuitton boots. I’m wondering why, if a Federal employee can afford $1500 name brand boots, s/he’s not put enough $$$ away – as s/he’s been told to, for circumstances such as the frequent shutdowns?

Yes, I realize s/he may have been given them as a gift, my married boss did that with his girlfriend, but then one would wonder what a civil servant would do to rate a $1500 set of top-shelf Doc Martens?

29. Johnny Dollar says:

Prior to voting on either bill (wall bill & no wall bill), there will be two preliminary votes on Thursday.

Both preliminary votes are intended to limit debates (simple majority wins) on both the wall bill and the no wall bill. Both these preliminary votes require a 60 vote super majority to pass. Shumer is all in here and I’m thinking both these test votes will pass.

If they do,my gut tells me the wall bill wins.

30. simplewins says:

Both Bills will fail. Schumer bill will be supported by less.

31. meow4me2 says:

Two thoughts.

1). Where’s Lindsey Graham? He was all over this at first, now strangely quiet. What’s he up to?

2). Could this be a good reason to reorganize the executive branch? Not just do a RIF, but actually reorganize departments? If TSA agents call out sick, maybe close that part of DHS and do it via contract services. Or break up DHS, move parts around. I know there was all that talk of RIFs, but Trump is a builder and a businessman. I would think reorganizing the structure of the executive branch would be a natural inclination for him.

32. Justin Green says:

Remember the drill. If you see a story in the liberal media, wait three days for the retraction before getting worked up.

33. jameswlee2014 says:

Trump will veto any bill not containing wall funding and will likely declare a national emergency and order the US Army Corps of Engineers to install it.

34. AloftWalt says:

Apparently the proposed Bill that contains the $5B border funding also includes a clause that none of it can be used to build any of the prototype structures. Only currently in-service designs can be used. In essence, the money would be wasted and the border still won’t be secured.

35. Julia Adams says:

Just say NO

36. L4grasshopper says:

Stupid Party.

Pelosi won’t pass the GOP bill.

And if GOP passes the 3 week bill, they cave when they lose all leverage.

Question: does Schumer bill only get a vote if GOP bill fails?

• mimbler says:

Yes, only if GOP fails. So that gives the dems all an excuse to vote against the GOP to give their bill a vote, even if their constituents have been pressuring them.

• darwintea says:

There is a slight chance in the House, if all of the republicans could get 30 or so dems to support forcing a floor vote. Piglosi would not be able to stop that.

37. darwintea says:

This is set up to fail. If McConnell was serious, he would schedule only one vote, and either change the rules to eliminate the cloture vote or use Rule XIX to do it. Setting up two votes back to back guarantees that the first one will fail. It will be a show vote only, set up to fail, as will the second one, most likely.

38. The more I see of the spineless swamp rat Uniparty memebr McConnell and most of his GOP colleagues in the Senate, the more convinced I become that the Senate is actually run by Schumer and his Dems

39. simicharmed says:

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act or simply RICO, is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization.

Is this any wonder why our “Leaders” enacted this law-of-the-land, yet seem to violate the same provisions continually…

Many of the predicate offenses are committed daily within our Congressional Circus of play acting and other criminality disguised as “law making work”

• montanamel says:

Remember all those “exemptions for Congress and sitting congressmen” that get included in most law & order bills… Does RICO actually apply to our leaders while in office?
      Check-6

40. ~What say you Mitch ‘Turtle’ McConnell (RINO-KY) & John ‘Bushy-Bushy’ Cornyn (RINO-TX) ?~
    Your [Kowtowing] to GLOBALIST-U.S. Chamber of Commerce-CEO Tom Donohue just to FATTEN-YOUR-BANK-ACCOUNTS is all to Obvious.
    Turtle : 1-202-224-2541
    Bushy-Bushy : 1-202-224-2934

41. Senate is 2/3rds GOP, Trump needs to make a deal with the GOP senate to vote his proposal, if it turns out the other way its time to declare border emergency just look at az they dug under the existing fence and over 300 got in, but if a new barrier is put in 30 ft below and above its makes it nearly impossible to get past with out a lot of extras.

42. MH Thomas says:

“If history is a guide, any defectors will come from the GOP side of the equation.” — The most accurate sentence in this article. Democrats vote as One because they fear reprisals from Pelosi goons. Republicans vote out of fear (of being called a Trump supporter, a racist, a nazi).

The most revealing quote in the article is where Chuck Schumer cites the Second Amendment as if he likes it. This proves that whatever deal Schumer made was a lie.

43. EggsX says:

You can tell this is a uniparty ruse because any deal for a dual vote in the senate should have also included a similar dual vote in the house.

44. With all the fanfare about the wall funding, it’s a good thing everyone will now go on record and vote for or against these two bills in the Senate. At least we’ll know where they all stand. That being said, what the hell is buried in these spending bills? McConnell’s ‘spending measure’ is 1300 pages long??? What are they slipping though behind all the media hoopla? As usual, the people are getting screwed while being told we are being helped.

45. Hrmfc says:

I usually contact my representatives with emails but I decided to call their offices today to voice my desire for them to support President Trump, build the wall, and to stop the drugs, disease and identity theft. Today might be a good day to phone everyone again even if you did it previously.

Thank you for all of your input, enthusiasm and research.