Oh, here we go. Fox News owner Rupert Murdoch has a decades-earned nickname, “Mr. Wall Street”, Chris Wallace is the insufferable media mouthpiece for the financial interests of the guy who signs the front of his paycheck.  This is Wall Street -vs- Main Street.

When Main Street economic principles are applied Wall Street will initially lose. There’s no way for this not to happen. Most of Wall Street is built on the Multinational platform of economic globalism. Weaken the grip of the multinational corporations and financial interests on the U.S. economy and Wall Street will drop… this is not difficult to predict. This is also necessary.

U.S. stocks, centered around U.S. domestic companies, will go up. U.S. stocks, centered around multinational companies -invested heavily overseas, and dependent on exploitation of the U.S. trade deficit- will go down.

As Secretary Wilbur Ross, U.S.T.R. Robert Lighthizer and U.S. President Trump have previously affirmed, they are going to restore the U.S. manufacturing base or lose office trying.

Additionally, the U.S. GDP is measured by deducting the value of imports from the value of everything produced domestically.  Therefore, initially as the economy expands, and as more Americans have more money to buy more stuff, lots of the things they buy will come from overseas.  This increase in purchasing of imports drives down the GDP despite the overall economic activity expanding.

I hope everyone has been prepared with prior information on how the economic system works so we can understand this weird and predictable dynamic.  Increased consumer spending can actually drive down the GDP if the stuff we are buying is imported.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, China, Economy, media bias, NAFTA, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

83 Responses to Sunday Talks: Insufferable Wall Street Mouthpiece, Chris Wallace -vs- Treasury Secretary Mnuchin…

1. DanO64 says:

Buy American. Buy used if you have to. Put off buying things you don’t absolutely need.

• LafnH2O says:

Agreed, DanO64.
      I turn over/search everything (I “consider” buying) for the country of origin (info) label.
      Try it!! (General statement)
      I return… prolly 90%… of the items I “consider” to the shelf… “Made in China, etc.”

Only needed items 🤔🤔 “Made in China, etc.” are purchased. Those items are put on a list and a substitute item is researched/identified for further needs.
      If no alternative is found..

Well… Variety is the spice of Life…

• fleporeblog says:

Your right but we aren’t there yet! SD is absolutely correct about our GDP actually getting hurt until we start to shrink our deficit between imports versus exports and start building factories here in our country to take care of our own manufacturing.

I wrote this thread a little while back. I am sharing it again because it makes the point SD shared about our GDP:

From the thread linked above:

2. Redheart says:

Chris Wallace is off my list. I will not watch this show.

• bill589 says:

I haven’t watched this Leftist Wallace for a while.

• GB Bari says:

Neither have I. I only wish I could find a reasonable interview show on some cable network that is carried by my ISP. OANN is still not on Comcast, nor does it appear to be in the foreseeable future. Everything that is rational and not insulting to ones intelligence is on the internet.

• Sadly Chris Wallace is one of the battle fronts some of our Patriots, including our President’s soldiers like Sec Mnuchin, must fight.

But I, like you Redheart, will not watch.

Chris Wallace is a Tool.

• When growth hits 3%. Chris Wallace will not acknowledge. He will find another ‘look here, shiney object chart’ to whine about. His show is an adventure in controlling ones blood pressure !

• L4grasshopper says:

Learned that a long time ago. Wallace is a leftist who pretends to be “fair”. He’s also a huge NeverTrumper.

• Carrie2 says:

l4grasshopper, how many of you can remember when Wall Street was at 700 and people were worried at high it was the. We are thousands ahead because of our President. We belong to American Century which never deals in prime or hedge and always takes great care of our investments and to date never lost anything. The Wall Street goes up and down. When down, those with money buy low and this raises the Wall Street. When it gets too high, they sell as well. This is what Wall Street does.

• lokiscout says:

I remember Wall Street at 700! It was during the Nixon administration and everyone scoffed at him for advising people to buy. Unfortunately I was married one child and earning a wapping $9,000 a year. Not much “buy” opportunity there.

• inquisitorLost says:

$5.2B in bonuses and higher wages are the extent of benefits that employees have received? Is this CNN I am watching? Chris Cuomo?

FU Wallace. Are you broadcasting to easily manipulated zero information 2nd graders? Employees don’t have 401Ks (that stock buybacks boost)? Increased capital expenditures, including IT, plant and equipment upgrades and cash for future investments don’t benefit employees?

Where’s the capital expenditure figures in your bogus graph?

How utterly insulting to anyone’s intelligence.

• The Boss says:

$5.2 billion is merely crumbs if I’m hearing Wallace correctly. Loser!

• inquisitorLost says:

5.2B plus increased wages and hours worked due to increased employment demand for supplying capital expenditure implementations. The Capital expenditures is KEY here and the Wallace omission demonstrates he is either operating way below his pay grade or just haplessly devious.

• hellinahandbasket says:

I watch (online, through non-Fox YouTuber channels, so they don’t get the TV rating).
      The reason I watch Wallace, and others who can’t figure-out Trump’s strategy, is to see the gents Trump puts forth, surgically counter the arrogant dumb-dumb BS.
      I guess it’s one of life’s little joys for me – in watching Trump’s soldiers run word-circles around them all – as they effectively expose all of those hiding on the right, who belong on the left. #MAGA

3. 804hokie says:

I started working a great job/career with Halliburton this month in fracking, thanks to the Trump Economy.

• dogbows says:

Great News!

• Psycho Monkee says:

W. TX oil & gas production is booming again. Was out there a couple weeks ago and am amazed at the support services activities. 🇺🇸 Jobs 🇺🇸 Jobs 🇺🇸 Jobs 🇺🇸

• Wend says:

Awesome!

I would be banging on the door to work in some kind of lawyer position with the Administration but enjoying retirement and don’t want to move back to DC (used to LOVE it).

• MontanaMel says:

Congrats… Enjoy beating on that heavy iron…
      Nothing like the sound of 10,000 horsepower at dawn, eh?….
      Remember to stay hydrated well.
      I did 3 boom/bust cycles in 22 years before I hung it up…
      Buy every once of silver you can, with your windfall income!

4. William F Buckley's Ghost says:

Own several oil and pipeline stocks like ENERGY TRANSFER PARTNERS owner of the Dakota Access Pipeline which should do very well plus pay dividends of 6 to 12%.

5. kiskiminetas says:

I have known what CW is and was for some time now and don’t watch him. I don’t watch any network or cable news either. Most, if not all of the information I need to be informed comes via the treehouse. Reading the treehouse in the morning lights up my day and always has the smell of the victory to come.

6. Bendix says:

The complete denial, despite all evidence, that what we have isn’t working for the majority of Americans.
    Why do we have to be subjected to these same old frauds, the ones who never said boo when the economy was going to crash on a worldwide basis.
    How can they claim any expertise, with straight faces?
    When something you do produces disastrous results, you don’t do it more, you do something else.

7. dogbows says:

Could someone please explain to me how a line item veto would be unconstitutional. I would think it would be the exact opposite. It seems to me that congress adding nonessential pork to essential legislation would be unconstitutional.

Personally, I think the Founding Fathers expected congress to vote on legislation one item at a time period. One bill = one item!

• rf121 says:

Congress is in charge of the money. They will NEVER give the executive the power to cancel out their pork projects and payola to their friends. How else would they leave congress as millionaires.

We are light years away from what the founding fathers envisioned and what we have become. A Republic if you can keep it.

• dogbows says:

It was the Supreme Court that said it was unconstitutional not congress.

• David A says:

What was the rational? Just that it was not the legislative responsibility?

• dogbows says:

I don’t know what their rational was, but I don’t think it had anything to do with responsibility. It just makes no sense to me how a line item veto could be unconstitutional, but Wallace stated that the Supreme Court said a line item veto was unconstitutional. I think that the leftist Supreme Court Judges just did not want Trump to the line item veto.

• GB Bari says:

Basically the majority opinion was that the way the law was written allowed a president to veto (remove) or modify what Congress had passed and presented to him/her for signing. They maintained that violated the exclusive providence of the Legislature for creating laws. They said that the authors of the approved Constitution were silent on anything other than the President signing or vetoing bills presented to him.

Some have argued, and I agreed, that the law was deliberately worded so as to NOT pass SCOTUS scrutiny, thus keeping the line item veto safely nonexistent. But, as some argue, including me, had the law only included line item veto, and omitted the part about “modifying”, it might have had a much better chance of being upheld by SCOTUS.

• Cathy M. says:

“Why was the straight line-item veto considered unconstitutional and how is what No Labels is proposing constitutional?
      In Clinton v. City of New York, the Supreme Court found that the line-item veto violated the Presentment Clause of the Constitution, which says that the president does not have the power to unilaterally amend or repeal legislation passed by Congress.

However, by sending the rescinded part of the bill back to Congress for an expedited up or down vote, our “line-item veto with a twist” complies with the Presentment Clause of the Constitution and the Supreme Court’s ruling.
      Here’s the short version for the ruling.”

Short article suggesting an alternative. (Congress would need to pass a new law for it.)

8. AngelOnejudicial says:

Tariffs are the stick used to get countries to eat the carrot that is renegotiated trade terms.

It’s not rocket science yet Chris Matthews and those he represents come with a flawed perspective that America should be the only nation unable to advocate its own interests because it benefits Chris Wallace types. That’s an indefensible position held by WallStreet. Money for me scraps for thee.

9. Chris Trump says:

Chris Wallace and Bret Bair are one in the same. One step away from Shep and Juan Williams.

10. mikebrezzze says:

Chris Wallace is about as much fun to watch as that lunatic Ann Coulter is! I wish they’d both just stfu!

11. simicharmed says:

This Chis Wallace character and his pocket full of talking points is pathetic.. It’s clear that Wallace did/does not fully comprehend the questions (talking points), he was asking – Sad!

• Wend says:

Mnuchin is just soooo cool. He co-produced one of my favorite recent movies, “Black Mass”.

• Tom F says:

“Steve Mnuchin just gave Chris Wallace an underwear wedgy and turned all his pockets inside-out on live television! AGAIN!” Thank you simicharmed.
      Mr. Mnuchin gave a strong and positive interview.
      Question: why all the interest above on the host and his dribble when our guy returns serve with superior knowledge and authority.
      The host was relieved when the interview ended.
      Bravo Mr. Mnuchin
      These Sunday ‘shows’ that I don’t watch (only when posted here) are important.
      There are people who need to hear these subject matter experts that our President has assembled. We are winning………..bigly.

12. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Wallace HATES Trump. Hates him.

Therefore, any issue he can use against Trump he will use. Could be tariffs, could be Charlottesville, could be “chaos”, could be anything.

Wallace’s obsession with inflicting damage on Trump makes Megyn Kelly look like a Trump fan.

He is absolutely focused on damaging Trump any way he can.

I will not watch his show at all now because of this.

Still, as a media mouthpiece he has to be dealt with (by the administration) and countered. So I’m glad Mnuchin was sent to do the task.

Wallace is the worst person at FOX. Worse than Shep Smith, because at least Shep is honest in about his liberalism. It’s clear he’s liberal.

Wallace tries to pretend he’s objective.

13. mj_inOC says:

Au contraire, Secretary Mnuchin does such a great interview with quick-response intelligent rebuttal [and a steely smile and erect, power posture behind those dark-rims] that he is fast becoming America’s Favorite Economic, anti-Wall Street/Globalist/Deep State Geek.

At least mine!

14. JohnBadger says:

Wallass showed his true colors on election night 2016…

• covfefe999 says:

Hahaha, at 0:38 he says “I think you’d still rather be in Clinton’s position than Trump’s”. 🙂 Really, Chris? Why would he say such a thing?

15. thedoc00 says:

Sundance, you echo words and thoughts I have been attempting to express in this discussion for the last 2 years. One other point needs to be added. If you do not manufacture, you do NOT get to define the major “service” industry related to the stuff that is manufactured. That definition, defines where services are provided and who occupies the skilled jobs to provides those services that include; supply chain jobs as well as technical jobs related to repair, sustainment and update. There are allot of experts who naively believe the US can thrive as a “service” economy.

• lokiscout says:

Maybe I’m biased as an old Hardware Engineer but I contend if you don’t make something you don’t have an economy. Used to have lots of discussions with Sales, Marketing, Accounting, etc. Didn’t make many friends when I pointed out the end product of my effort made the customer smile. Theirs ultimately wound up in a landfill somewhere! Damned near got fired one time for that remark!

“Service Industry” never made sense to me from the time I first heard the term back in the 80’s. Truth be told though I couldn’t comprehend why one would need a “Personal Computer” in their house either. In my defence that was before Al invented the internet!

16. Steven Mnuchin rarely blinks his eyes! So I started counting and he probably blinked around 50 times throughout this whole interview! OCD I know! Ha!

17. ForGodandCountry says:

“Insufferable” is a very polite way of describing Wallace, Sundance. Every time I see his smarmy face I feel like granny Klump talking to Cleetus…

“Boy, would I like to throw some hot grease on you.”

18. spren says:

Also remember that it was “Mickey Mouse” Wallace that levied the ‘gotcha’ question in the third debate to Trump about accepting the results of the election. That question was clearly designed to form the narrative of Trump claiming the election had been rigged, because ole Mickey boy and his cohorts definitely thought Hillary was going to win. Isn’t it just so ironic that it was Hillary and the Democrats who then claimed the election was rigged (by the Russians) when they lost.

I can’t stand this “insufferable” POS and never watch him. I watched this video only because Sundance had put it up and I wanted to see Mnuchin tear him up. Fox News has really reached bottom. I saw Trace Gallagher the other day commenting on the school shooting in Maryland, and he said the shooter died at the scene, without clarifying that it was an armed guard who had shot him. That went against the narrative, so I guess he was commanded to ignore, and obscure, what actually happened.

19. MontanaMel says:

Why can’t Sundance and some others get a “true” and “vetted” news channel up and running on Direct/Dish/Cable??? It should only take “some money”, eh?… AND, with some carefully selected ads, it could also turn a profit for investors…. The ratings game would be worth the price of viewing alone…. CNN = 0.6% share…. SundanceFreeChannel (SFC) = 4.6% first week in operation!… Yea, team…. Check-6

20. Chris Wallace should change his name to Reliable Establishment Mouthpiece or Remmie for short. If he has ever had an original thought, he hid it well.

btw, Sec. Mnuchin is underrated. He’s a tiger with Clark Kent glasses.

21. The Boss says:

I’m not sure how Congress could pass line-item veto legislation which passes constitutional muster given the separation of powers issues at hand. That said, there are ways to reduce the need to require a line item veto. Of course, it would require true statesmen in Congress to get the ball rolling, instead of the whores and two-bit thieves and racketeers we have now.

Assuming we actually replace the criminals with statesmen, we could shrink the US government to its enumerated powers only (Here federalism would be the constitutional issue) and mitigate exposure to pork spending. Even within the remaining constitutional departments, certain unneeded entities could be eliminated. Think CRS in the DOJ.

Dreaming on…..

• spren says:

I agree. I believe term limits are now a necessity. These entrenched career politicians (criminals) learn how to play the system and enrich themselves. Our “civil servants” should return to what was originally designed – to be public servants who sacrificed a portion of their lives to government, and then return to the private sector to get on with their real lives.

22. Mickey Wasp says:

Go Kansas … for Mike Pompeo and Kris Kobach.
    Oh, did this article have Chris Wallace in it.? F*ck him, only want to borrow Sylvia’s shovel and beat the ‘goodness’ out of him.

23. Chris Wallace sounds like Nancy Pelosi’s mouth piece at times…

24. covfefe999 says:

All of this nonsense shrieking about a trade war … I can’t help but think of France when Hitler invaded. They rolled over, didn’t fight, and look what happened. We have rolled over to every country invading us trade-wise and FINALLY someone (Trump!) is putting a stop to it! If there’s a war then it is much-needed and with the right strategies we will win.

25. Ono says:

Chris Wallace…

Like father (Mike 60 minutes of BS) like son…

Sensationalistic hack!

26. chrystalia99 says:

One more big reason to always buy American. Or buy used, or DIY with American parts, or do without. Just imagine if every Trump supporter committed to buying American all the time, even if it meant higher prices, or waiting for back orders. If even 10% of our purchasing power each week went to USA First….

My biggest problem these days is finding yarns and fabrics made in the USA that are NOT made with imported materials. A lot of standard household products have also been replaced with used, or not replaced, because replacements are “assembled in the USA with foreign components” also. Better than foreign entirely, but still not great….

27. Mnuchin was really solid in all his responses. Wallace spouted the media talking points about tariffs crashing stock market. I wanted Mnuchin to bring up huge budget bill as another reason the stock market is off, but he didn’t. He just mentioned the Fed raising rates and on the tariffs he said factually that Trump has been saying for years that this is coming. Mnuchin didn’t say it, but there was no reason for Fed to do it.

28. Mike diamond says:

Chris the Wallace !!!!!!??????? He is the frumpy dude just like Obama!!

29. We can’t restart and build replacements for 50,000 to 70,000 factories in year 1.

The Trump Team of Trade Titans FULLY understands this.

•  Countries who want less of their Exports to America will cut the best available Bilateral Trade Deals FAST.

• Those who don’t will sacrifice the early bulk of the Exports displaced by America’s Manufacturing Renaissance!

They snooze, they LOSE.

30. Correction:
    •  Countries who want to LOSE less of their Exports to America will cut the best available Bilateral Trade Deals FAST.