Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross Discusses Ongoing Trade Initiatives…

Against the backdrop of ‘Phase 2’ trade policy initiatives based on reciprocity, U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross talks to CNBC about tariffs, carve-outs and protecting national security ahead of his meeting with the European commissioner for trade.

The hypocritical European Union has expansive protectionist tariffs against U.S. products and has threatened retaliation if the U.S. enforces the Trump administration about trade reciprocity.

Additionally, the Trump administration (Ross, Lighthizer, Navarro and Mnuchin) are focusing on China’s trade theft of intellectual property. According to Reuters reporting there is a possibility of $60 billion in trade tariffs being enforced against China for their IP violations and practices.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The Trump administration is expected to unveil up to $60 billion in new tariffs on Chinese imports by Friday, targeting technology, telecommunications and intellectual property, two officials briefed on the matter said Monday. (more)

However, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang puts the panda mask on by saying: “We don’t want to see a trade war” with U.S., and hopes to negotiate disputes. The U.S. market is the customer for the manufactured products by China and Beijing understands the U.S. team holds the leverage.

This entry was posted in China, Donald Trump, Economy, European Union, Legislation, media bias, NAFTA, President Trump, Taxes, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

110 Responses to Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross Discusses Ongoing Trade Initiatives…

1. USTerminator says:

Go MAGA

2. redtreesquirrel says:

Mitch McConnell and the RINO’s have gotten rich off of China. Watch them try to undermine this.

3. John says:

Trump 2020!!!

4. Ospreyzone says:

Paul Ryan’s budget proposal looks like a Pelosi / Schumer shopping list. SD is absolutely right in saying that the RINOs would much rather be in the minority where the money is good and the livin’ is easy.

5. StarryNights says:

Peter Schweizer’s (Clinton Cash fame) “Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends” reportedly chronicles how we’ve been sold down the river by both parties.

• WSB says:

Thank you, Peter!

• chbailey says:

President Trump’s son-in-law seems to have a bit of leftist-leaning dust on his shoulder, but to picture him thus is immediately coarse and incongruous.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“President Trump’s son-in-law”

According to the author, Jared’s picture is on the cover not because he has done what the other four have done, but it is a warning NOT to fall into that trap. He is presently contemplating something involving a financing deal with one of his properties.

If he accepts the Chinese offer, it will be bad news for him and the administration. PDJT would probably have to jettison him off “the team”, but the damage would still be done.

• Jedi9 says:

This is distressing to learn. At a time when the Chinese are taking over the world by gobbling up real estate and assets we cannot be letting it continue with American owned! The Chinese are the most greedy people on the planet as I see this on a daily basis while currently working in Hong Kong! Quite frankly, I am getting tired of it and I am ready to come home! I really hope he has second thoughts about this, because if he acquiescence to China’s greasy little fingers, then I seriously have to reconsider my views about him and question his loyalty to America!

• lokiscout says:

I haven’t read the book yet but if the facts are presented and supported then…….
        I’ll wait to pass judgment until after I have read the book to decide if this is fact or “click bait” to sell more books.

• dobbsfan says:

I love Peter Schweizer. His books are excellent.

But reading them will literally make you sick to your stomach.

The corruption and graft is sadistic.

• olderwiser21 says:

If Treepers haven’t read “Clinton Cash” I would highly recommend as well. Peter is a master at connecting the dots between all these jokers and their slimy deals.

6. The Boss says:

Sec. Ross did some basic economic schooling in response to Becky’s babbling about soybean farmers. Very good response to one of several annoying talking points he had to deal with today.

• WSB says:

I STILL do not understand why words are never exchanged about the fact that if tariffs raise the price of IMPORTED steel, it will push new US factories on-line to make it DOMESTICALLY.

• GB Bari says:

You don’t understand why the eneMedia won’t broadcast positive economic news that is brought about by Trump’s MAGA policies?? (/sarc)
        In this particular interview, the hosts never brought it up, and Wilbur swatted down (“that’s just silly”) the suggestion that 2 million jobs in the steel, aluminum and secondary processing industries would be lost because of the tariffs.

• WSB says:

I LOVE Wilburine’s ‘That’s just silly’ comments!

It just surprises me that President Trump’s Cabinet members do not state it in certain terms…but maybe that is because after the full rollout, they will then just snicker.

7. johnparham1 says:

Love this guy. You can understand him and he makes sense.

8. PaulM says:

I have a pile of Chinese made consumer products sitting by my scrap pile. Things that never worked right, worked for a month and died or fell apart. This is not entirely the fault of the Chinese, the American importers/distributers tell them “I want 100,000 wallets and I won’t pay more than $XX./per thousand or I’ll buy from the other guy”. The importers/distributers get it for fifty cents each and charge the consumer here $25.00. Most of the stuff from China should go straight from the factory into the dumpster. We used to make quality here. We still could, but the greedy bastards have to give up that 1000% profit margin. That’s where the fight will really be.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“We still could, but the greedy bastards have to give up that 1000% profit margin”.

There are millions of us that feel exactly the way you do. I am willing to pay more for American quality despite my meager income, yet most of the time I have a hard time finding retailers who stock such products.

A couple of weeks ago, I was reading about the original IBM computer keyboards with the mechanical contacts. There is a company that restores old ones and sells some modern reproductions. However, even today the factories in China are still unable to duplicate with satisfactory precision a little metal trigger or spring that was in the original. I will add a link later, if I can find it.

• GB Bari says:

I always start here:

But ABC News, back in 2011, published this composite list of websites. Not if all still exist but its worth a look:

• Right on about American. I bought four pair of totally made in America blue jeans about two or three years ago and they are almost like brand new. They are Texas jeans and they can be purchased on line. Good stuff. 👍👍👍👍

• H.R. says:

I buy Sperry deck shoes; made in the U.S.A. I started buying them in 2004 when I got a boat because the soles were non-marking on white fiberglass boat decks.

That’s all I wear every day except when the snow goes above 3 inches. I shop the sales and when I buy, they are only about $20 more than the imported imitators, but they last 3 times as long and are very, very comfortable. They are a bargain in a short time. No import can beat them.

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

Sperry doesn’t sell any shoes wide enough for me!

I just spent $160 on a pair of tennis shoes to keep my foot stable (keep it from bending) and instead of being able to get a woman’s shoe, I ended up with a Men’s 9.5 4E That’s EEEE width and even that is a bit snug. But it’s the best fitting shoe I’ve had in years.

But they changed the color and I guess the quality is going to go down too because they are advertising “no sew upper”. So they’ll fall apart.

The one’s I got are grey with a black upper sole and a gray bottom sole and it’s stitched.

They feel like boats!!! LOL! And I sound like a herd of buffalo walking down the hallway at night to the bathroom.

• Y/O, says:

It’s a virgin marked in 100’s of items (wallets, shoes, all kinds of things). This is the best climate I have seen in my lifetime to start a small business. I have some ideas, going to talk with a couple young friends about it.

• talker2u says:

Best of luck to you, Y. And to your future partners.

My wish for you: Bring God into your business and prosper!

• GB Bari says:

Awesome! Just have a good business plan and know how you’re going to differentiate from your competition. Good luck!

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

If hubby won the Lottery big time, I’d manufacture shoes for people with extremely wide feet at a decent price!

• G. Combs says:

AND my Hubby and my girl friend would buy them!

Luckily if they do not fit Hubby, I can use the shoes. 😂

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

I found out that Zappos, has got something funky going on with shoe sizes. There is no real women’s shoe size of 4E. They show the men’s chart goes up that high and the women only get a 2E or WW.

So, when you go through their shoe sizes, they literally have women’s 4E!

The cheapest tennis shoe is around $65.

You can’t even find those foam insoles for that width of shoe, but you can find the foam fabric to make your own.

• FL_GUY says:

You are so right about crap quality. I recently purchased a replacement hot air cooker; made in China of course. I noticed it was not cooking properly. Put a thermostat in the chamber and, set wide open (450 degrees), it was barely getting to 325 degrees after 20 mins (should be to temp in a couple of minutes). I’ve used those things for years and now I can’t get one that works as it’s suppose to because they are all made in China.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Our thermocouple on the hot water boiler for the home heating plant here went out during the winter. Repair tech said the new thermocouples are junk, compared to what was available 10-20 years ago.

I subscribe to “Cooks Illustrated” and “Cooks Country” magazines. Besides testing recipes, they also do equipment tests. Like “Consumer Reports” and “Gun-Tests” magazines, they do not accept any commercial advertising.

I never buy any of those small appliances unless they have been evaluated. Many times a much less expensive item far outperforms products costing two or four times more.

• Jedi9 says:

Start with companies like Walmart!

• Jedi9 says:

Would it be reasonable to assume that China alone contributes the most to the worlds landfills?

Next time you argue with a Liberal about how they try to make it about environmental issues and why Trump doesn’t care about the environment, point out what they are wearing or using that is tagged with “made in China” label. See how fast they shut up!

Point is we as American’s need to ween ourselves off of the Targets and the Wallmarts for cheap stuff and start buying American again! This is really the crux of fixing our culture to being proud again of American made products again.

9. Paco Loco says:

Wilbur has this all figured out. Economic policies are numbers driven. It’s the anti Trump naysayers who say the sky is falling. Ross and company are balancing the economic playing field which has been unlevel for many years and in the process revitalizing American manufacturing and product producers. It’s MAGA in action!

10. starfcker says:

Wilbur crushes every single talking point without breaking a sweat. Crushes them. They must feel like insects parroting tired talking points and getting swatted like that.

• Big Gulp says:

He is The Coolest Guy I’ve ever seen (be mindful, I am 72 y/o), aside from The President. I sure hope his interviewer feels the same way, although my instincts tell me she is so stupid she thinks she won the “debate.” Wilbur is one of the “killers” referenced during campaign speeches and I love listening to him. He has actually educated me in economics and trade…you can actually understand what he states.

• CaptainNonno says:

None of them are smart enough to discuss his responses. TP’s is all they have.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“TP’s is all they have.”

It really becomes apparent, doesn’t it? You cannot fake your way through an interview about this topic, if you do not know what you are talking about.

11. Elizabeth Carter says:

It is such a blessing to have intelligent, informed people in President Trumps administration. They take the overblown talking points of the MSM and just stick a pin in them and watch them deflate. LOL

12. Donzo says:

When Hannity asked Schweitzer why Kushner is on the cover even though he has not profited from the deals, in so many words he said Kushner should not profit as have the children of some. Not a very good reason for making him appear to be a current beneficiary of the largesse. Seems like there’s something more going on here

• tdaly14 says:

He’s just warning Jared. I’m glad he did that.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Seems like there’s something more going on here”

There is and it was mentioned in the interview. Mr. Schweitzer is a fan of PDJT and if Jarad takes the bait and falls into the trap, PDJT’s enemies will have some valuable ammunition to hurl at him about nepotism that can do some serious damage.

• Donzo says:

That puts him in the company of thousands who might someday profit. Does that warrant his depiction on the cover?

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

He is NOT like these “thousands” you are talking about. THEY are not son-in-laws to the President of the United States of America & THEY do not work in the White House.

• Tegan says:

Jared and Ivanka have plenty of money to live on for the next 7 years and after that can make any deals, out on their pink hats and March in the streets to their hearts’ desire. But, for now they moved to DC supposedly to be part of the Trump team so they need to be very cautious about what say, do and support during this period.

• Peter Schweizer shamelessly used Kushner’s picture for self-promotion.

13. rf121 says:

The female reporter looks depressed. Maybe Wilbur stole her teddy bear.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Wilbur did not steal it. He confiscated it because it did not meet current “child safety standards” for small parts being dislodged and ingested, along with unacceptable levels of heavy metals.

14. fleporeblog says:

There is absolutely nothing that the MSM, RINOs, CoC, Globalist, EU, China, Mexico, Canada, Japan, South Korea etc. Can do to stop what is about to hit them like a 10 ton brick. Our Wilburine destroys them every time they talk about costs going up and companies that rely on steel and aluminum layoff 2 million people. He actually mocks their stupidity.

This other BS talking point was absolutely destroyed by our Wilburine. China has 1.3 billion people that need to eat. If they want to stop purchasing from us to buy from Brazil, good luck with that. That is the same country that has human waste floating down their streets because they have terrible plumbing systems in place. They also don’t have the infrastructure we have.

Within a week, China will be begging us to send our soy! We will charge them double because they are desperate.

The EU and the world are starting to realize exactly what Reciprocal Tariffs mean! Good luck to any Congress critter to say no I don’t approve and want our country to continue to be destroyed based on our tariffs versus theirs.

Our President and his Killers hold all the cards and they and the world know it. If an when we push Reciprocal Tariffs across the board on every country, you will see GDP figures over 6 percent each Quarter and each year. That is a reality folks that our Lion knows and the world and our enemies know!

• rf121 says:

If an when we push Reciprocal Tariffs…..

As was pointed out this will take Congressional action. Good luck.

• fleporeblog says:

Congress will have no choice because Democrats will come over in large numbers that will embarrass the RINOs like it is nobody’s business. They can’t stop it and they absolutely know it.

• USTerminator says:

Trump can ask Scott Pruitt using EPA regulation to require every car imported from EU to be individually test and certified and let see how Germany will react. Use the same Japan regulation and qualification process to stop Washington apple from selling in Japan will stop all agriculture products from EU or anywhere. Impose 25% environmental fee for all imports for environmental pollution impact. Let use the EPA in our favor for one and let those EPA bureaucrats to have something to do and create havoc to other nations than our own.

• Strategic Options for President Trump:

• Tweet: “Is China begging America to put this year’s soy crop in storage? Prices would then DOUBLE .. PLUS the Storage Costs!”

• Tweet: “If China wants Import Tariffs on our soy exports, we should match them with Export Tariffs to boot.”

• Tweet: “If China doesn’t need our soy exports, we’ll have to double the steel tariffs and use them to pay farmers not to plant next year’s crop.”

15. repsort says:

textbook at my boy’s school:

Notice the weasel words “usually and generally”.

reminds me to some extent of the climate alarmists who scream about “95% of all climate scientists believe blah blah blah!!!!”

I love Ross’ statement of purpose: “to rehab/protect steel/alum production capacity witch is a national security issue…”

• Mark McQueen says:

“Trained” economists…. Trained in what and by whom?

• FL_GUY says:

You wrote: Tariffs and import quotas usually reduce general economic welfare. I.e., tariffs harm the country imposing them.

If this were true, why does every country on Earth use them against the USA?

• GB Bari says:

DING DING DING! This ^^^^^ !
        Repsort – Please instruct your son to back into class and ask that very question after explaining how all those countries are winning by using tariffs against the U.S. which is losing because it isn’t charging them equal tariffs. We would love to get your report on how the teacher replied.

• USTerminator says:

If textbook is correct “93% of trained economists agree with the following proposition: Tariffs and import quotas usually reduce general economic welfare. I.e., tariffs harm the country imposing them. They do not ‘protect’ jobs; as a rule, they generally lead to job loss.”
      Then China and Japan must be destitute countries since they are the king and queen of tariffs, quota and regulations to keep foreign products out to protect the home market and industries.
      Americans are so absolute about individualism to the extreme. We strive to benefit individually short term at the detrimental to US as a whole without any care for what happen to us long term future or our children future. We are saving 5 cents on a toilet paper roll happily knowing full well that would put our neighbor out of work and kill our paper industry. China and others would export their products at a loss to keep jobs and industries.
      I would be happy if we impose 100% duty on all imports immediate and then we negotiate with all country individually. It will be their clock to get a better deals quick before their economies collapsed.

16. jeans2nd says:

Oh, the joys of having an uncorruptable billionaire on our side. Articulate is an added bonus.

These news actors have no manners. How many U.S. Secretaries have been addressed by their first name, let alone constantly being interrupted. Sec Ross is so nice. The news actors do not deserve it. Now that is class.

Sec Ross is finally articulating what so many of us have been saying for so long. Thank you, Mr. Secretary. We are blessed by you, our President, and the others in our Administration.
    Thx for the vid as well, good news is always much appreciated.

• no-nonsense-nancy says:

Exactly. I always get so disgusted when they call them by their first names and don’t use their titles. Even the secretaries refer to POTUS as ‘the president’. I think even in private they probably call him Mr President.

17. waltherppk says:

18. waltherppk says:

Wilbur Ross formerly worked for Rothschild Inc. for 24 years and was a senior managing director.

19. Shadrach says:

I hope Wilbur castrates that EU trade commissioner Maimstrom (in the metaphorical sense, since she’s a she).

Wilbur is awesome. Love me some Wilbur!

20. FL_GUY says:

As a student of history, I tend to notice and file away key events. The first key event of the theft of We the People’s wealth started under Jimmy Carter when he ushered in the high prices of gas and oil. He wanted the price of a gallon of gas to be 5$ like it was in Europe. The purpose of course, was to make We the People poorer.

Then the next big thing was in the 80s when all these mega banks gave billions of dollars in loans to third world dictators. Of course, the dictators defaulted. Who picked up the tab? We the People with loan shark level interest rates. Again, making us poorer.

Then under Slick Willie, the war against We the People escalated. Implementing so called free trade which was actually legalized theft. Millions of jobs lost, more people reduced to poverty or barely getting by.

W, the do nothing, let’s all get along, president left all the Clintoon people in place who continued to grow like cancer. Infecting all the agencies and courts. We the People continued to get robbed.

Of course, O and his clown car administration further drove us into poverty with outrageous electric rates, hyper inflation of food prices. All while conveniently taking energy and food OUT of the inflation index. Aided and abetted by the FED, a private, and in my opinion a criminal institution, we had a depression worse than the 1930s while the media-rats lied to us saying everything was great.

So, President Trump and his people are working to reverse almost 50 years of We the People being driven into poverty and economic slavery. The slave masters who have grown exceedingly wealthy at our expense, which includes many Congressmen and Senators, continue to want to enslave us and are trying to crucify President Trump, who is leading the slave rebellion.

These self-appointed masters, many of whom are rather stupid, better learn from history. You can only push the peasants so far before it hits critical mass. When that happens, it won’t be pretty. Lyin’ Ryan and Turtle, you’d better get with the MAGA program. You live in glass houses and unlike President Trump who’s life has been an open book for decades, you have avoided scrutiny while accumulating many skeletons in your closet (Hey Lyin’ Ryan, did you participate in your mentor Hastert’s pedophile pastime? Has your leftist lobbyist wife done any bribes and payoffs for sweetheart legislation that favors her clients?). If you don’t start doing what is right for We the People, someone just may start opening those closet doors; you condone the Mueller (an incompetent and corrupt career criminal BTW) witch hunt. How would you like that sort of investigation directed at YOU!.

• kroesus says:

not very studious….you need more book time…..efforts were made pre Civil War to put the US into a national bank and fiat currency (reference Thomas Jefferson and the Bank of the United States in the early 1800’s)……..after the Civil War in the realignment the USA was set up as a CORPORATION outside the control of the US Constitution to allow for more foreign chicanery and influence……..even more debilitating were the 16th and 17th Amendments and the Federal Reserve Banking Act passed early in Woodrow Wilson’s presidency allowing federal control of taxation and foreign banking cartel fiscal control and currency printing commonly called fiat money because it has no backing or intrinsic value…..Jefferson once quipped there were two forms of slavery……the more commonly recognized physical slavery and economic slavery (also called wage slavery)…….can there be little doubt with federal and FED fiscal policy the citizens of the US are encumbered under the second type?

21. KLJ says:

I see that soybean farmers are being used to attack Trump’s attempt to make decent deals on trade. Since I have raised soybeans for decades, my sister asked me why I would be for what the president was trying to do. My answer was that it is short term thinking rather than longer term thinking by people who export soybeans. Longer term, can we afford to spend over a half-billion dollars more than we take in – every year? That money isn’t burned for heating homes in these countries. In agriculture, a substantial amount of that money is finding its way to South America and even Africa where it is used to fund competition for us farmers here in the US. Of course, it is also used to buy companies, along with technical expertise, in this country. Over time, consider what that means for our country, including the farmers here. Allowing our trading negotiations to be done by global elites and the politicians who are owned by them for their personal benefit is idiocy.

22. Wilburine skipped addressing CNBC’s DUPLICITY:

They argue against U.S. Tariffs because they might raise consumer costs and cost “2 million jobs”.
    • OMITTING that these Tariffs would be significantly absorbed by CHINESE Exporters (and Trans-Shippers).

Then they raise the specter of European Tariffs that might hurt American Exporters:
    • OMITTING that EUROPEAN consumers would have to pay more for the products.

They OMIT altogether that Europeans charge a Value-Added Tax of some 19-27% to BLOCK Imports from America, and then uses the VAT proceeds to SUBSIDIZE European Exports to America.

We’ve been screwed every way from Sunday: NAIL em to the WALL, Wilbur!

23. KLJ says:

OK, I’d like to put up a few thoughts for consideration. Where I live is not only in fly-over country, it is in stagecoach country, and I have trouble getting feedback for ideas. (g)

Why don’t we go to a more market oriented policy and get away from the politics where possible? Let’s say that we wish to gradually reduce our unsustainable trade deficit by fifty billion dollars each year. We print what might be called “Trade Dollars.” Whenever a company around the world buys a dollar’s worth of goods from us, they receive one Trade Dollar. Whenever they want to sell a dollars worth of goods to us, they need to have a Trade Dollar. We decide how many Trade Dollars to print each year based on the previous year. Rather than target certain countries or companies, these Trade Dollars are put out for auction. Let the marketplace handle this as much as possible – rather than trying to deal with it politically. Markets do this type of thing much better than central planning.

Again, I’d love to hear some thoughts on this.

• kroesus says:

we already have that system….it is called the DOLLAR with its backing of the petroleum economy and the BOND MARKET where shortages of existing dollars are rectified through an open market

• Lindenlee says:

All these splendid ideas work IF, and only IF, there is a relatively honest government implement Duch policies It would not be long before TPTB learn how to massively manipulate those trade dollars to further impoverish us.

Not a bad idea, similar to Bill Still’s idea of printing a limited amount of US currency to be used to pay off the debt to the Chinese and get from under them, circumventing the Fed and its dollar hegemony.

Who would keep them honest?

• Lindenlee says:

Who would keep them honest?

24. AH_C says:

Wiburine = MAGA

25. Pam says:

When you watch these interviews, then you see with eyes wide open how many globalist shrills we have on these networks. Wilbur Ross is many light years ahead them.

26. President Trump’s $60 Billion Tariff on China is an absolute MINIMUM to start making a difference.

It’s equivalent to around 16% of our Trade Deficit with China, which would begin to take enough of an annual bite out of profits on that trade for China to seek ways to get to a “Reciprocal Trade BALANCE”. 😱

In effect, Chinese workers will need to be retrained and redeployed to manual work in the fields (Mao revisited) … or make-work industries like ghost-city construction … or take on the work of North Korean slaves to be repatriated … or receive welfare which would reduce available funding for purchase of American businesses/property or funding for military expansion. 👍🏼

$48.5 Billion GROWTH in our Trade Deficit with China projected for 2018:

13% Annual Growth Rate based on year-over-year for January 2018

$375 BILLION: America’s Trade Deficit with China (2017)
    • $505 Billion Imports
    • $130 Billion Exports

• kroesus says:

Chicoms cannot afford that hit to their economy over any decent period of time….they have in excess of a $25T debt and a 50M surplus in males age 16-36 making for a very unstable civilization

27. thedoc00 says:

The amazing part of this entire discussion is that the US is totally in the wrong for doing exactly as our “friendly” and “more competitive or adversarial” trading partners are doing to us in order to protect their workers, industrial base and capabilities. When ever this point is mentioned its like dead air and just drops off the table during the discussion.

Everybody has very high national content rules, special protective anti-trust laws, special industrial base protection laws, special VAT, special technology transfer and off-set requirements, etc. and that all seems to be OK as long but the evil USA is not allowed to do the same.

Also, saw a comment above about support from democrats. Do NOT count on it. There was a reason the vast majority of the Wall Street Financier Class lined up behind Hillary and will still support them. Plus, the democrat base and much of the republican base simply DO NOT understand economic systems. There are still allot of voters who feel they should get their cheap goods from overseas and the “rich” either owe them a job or cash, which the democrat basic promise. The Wall Street Financier Class will support that promise as long as democrats and minority congressional republicans will promise CONSISTENTLY low volatility government impacts to the system (i.e. replicate Obama’s 8 years).

28. woodstuff says:

Common taters do not address Mr. Ross as Mr. Secretary, but rather only by his first name.

To me that is disrespectful.

29. covfefe999 says:

Ugh, that dumb CNBC chick parroting her Democratic talking points and talking to Secretary Ross like he doesn’t know what he’s doing. She opened alright but pretty quickly turned idiot. The guy was better. And Secretary Ross was, as always, AWESOME! I love Wilbur Ross! I love that he said we should judge Trump’s policies on their results, not on what people are afraid might happen.

30. G. Combs says:

VAT (Value added tax) is actually a Tariff

World Map VAT vs NO VAT

31. Lindenlee says:

Mexico’s is not a VAT, it is a sales tax. A true VAT is levied at each stage of production and distribution, much more insidious. Most corrupt countries have to levy at point of sale, because the government is widely known to be corrupt, and people will evade any other kind of tax, so collection becomes problematical