During a very powerful and solemn part of President and First Lady Trump’s visit to Japan, Mr. and Mrs. Trump stand side-by-side with the families of people abducted by North Korean regime.  In a moving statement President Trump vows to do his earnest best to work with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and to help get them back.

President Trump and First Lady Melania, together with Prime Minister Abe and Mrs Abe stand in front row of two rows of victims.  A total of 16 family members of abductees and one former abductee.   No U.S. President has ever drawn attention to this issue. Both leaders delivered short remarks:

President Trump: “We’ve just heard a very very sad number of stories; and they were abducted by North Korea. We will work with Prime Minister Abe to get them back … They were used to learn the language … used for many reasons … it was a tremendous disgrace. … They’ve been through a lot.”

Prime Minister Abe: expressed “heartfelt appreciation for the speech you delivered in the UN General Assembly … The entire world paid attention …. I appreciate you specifically referred to this issue … I hope the entire world will know the simple reality of the abduction issue.”

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, FLOTUS, Japan, Melania Trump, N Korea, President Trump, Secretary of State, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Powerful and Moving – President Trump Meets With Japanese Family Victims of North Korean Abductions…

1. Shark24 says:

In addition to the beautiful humanitarian image of this gesture by President Trump, it also gives notice to the world that every human being on this planet has a natural worth that should be cherished and protected. It is obvious that President Trump truly cares about the wellbeing of all human beings even while putting “America First” showing those two beliefs are really compatible. God bless him, our beautiful First Lady, his family and may his administration continue to govern to allow God’s peace to flow over the earth.

• A2 says:

I could not ever say this better, Thank you Shark24.

• Maquis says:

Indeed. America First is his obligation, his promise, a promise well kept. He honors those that lead their Nations in such fashion, he encourages all leaders to look to the potential of their People and unleash their creativity and their charity, lifting themselves and other Nations along the way.

The Future of Humanity is not a Zero-Sum Game. Degeneracy and decay are not an unalterable trajectory, Man’s manifest destiny. We are called to Be more, Do more. To Love and to Bless. To make our World, Great, Again.

2. Maquis says:

PDJT fears not to condemn injustice and barbarism. He does not bow to it, nor does he trivialize it by apologizing for our “terrible misdeeds.” He does not demand that all attention be upon him while sniveling and groveling in a semi-cathartic self-aggrandizing ego-swelling stomach-turning confession of others’ supposed sins.

This, here, is a President. A Good Man. Already one of our greatest. He knows what Evil is, that it exists, always has, and always will. That it must be fought relentlessly, without shame; what sick soul feels shame in walking upright before the Lord?

Where has Virtue retreated? To whence hath it fled? That men should exhalt themselves in debasement, and fear to do good? That men called to lead Nations should willfully bring them to destruction?

We are blessed to have been given not only a great leader, a good man, but a mortal being shattering the zeitgeist of “moral equivalence” and relativism.

America’s children are being taught and inspired to speak Truth plainly, and to reach for the Heavens, both to pull themselves up, and to appeal to the only power that can lift them the rest of the way..

America is back. We are so Blessed.

• Shark24 says:

Maquis,
      Beautifully put, to repeat A2 above, couldn’t have said it better! We must be vigilant though, evil never rests. God bless my friend.

• Maquis says:

God Bless you too, Shark. We do indeed have our work cut out for us, don’t we? The crazy never ends.

A bit more “on topic,” I am struck by how beautiful all the photos of the abductees were. Like the monstrous NorKs were recruiting victims for their “Joy Brigade.” How sad for these families, and terrible for their loved ones.

It’s remarkable that no US President has never called this out. At this rate of stupid “diplomatic” taboo breaking, should China fail to denuclearize NK I wouldn’t be surprised to see PDJT affirming the sovereignty of Taiwan.

Courage!

• Shark24 says:

FYI, I was stationed at Kunsan in 1972 as an 18 year old USAF enlisted kid and then got an Osan assignment in 1995 as a somewhat older Captain so I know and love the country. I’m over in the UAE right now doing aerospace/military stuff for about a month. Consider me a Conservative Treehouse roving reporter! 🙂

• CiscoKid says:

Grab a branch, sit back and enjoy the company of patriots

• webgirlpdx says:

We have so many extraordinary Treepers here! I’m in awe every day. While we may be all over the globe, it’s wonderful that our common thread is love for our country and this President. I hope he knows about this site 🙂 Thank you all, for educating me.

• Maquis says:

Anya-Haseo!

I did Kunsan in ’94, Osan in ’01.
            Did the Sand Box too!
            (Mais Provence! Ça! Ça c’etait la mieux!)

Now I’M done. (broken)

I love Korea too. I was struck by the reticence of Koreans, particularly in Kunsan City, to engage with, or even regard, American Service peeps. It wasn’t arrogance, more like timidity, or, I often feared, the result of less than pleasant encounters with American rowdys…

But I persevered, and discovered a world of cheer and delight when they recognized I was addressing them, respectfully. They just lit up. A great experience.

Even started studying Hangul, but health issues thwarted progress there. Very cool though, the only sensible writing system in the Oriental World. A phonetic alphabet! Syllables and words that make perfect sense! No thousands of complex characters to learn, no “tones” to differentiate which of four meanings a word has.

And it’s four-thousand years old! Created at the command of King Seijon(sp) to grant to the entire populace, literacy, once only obtained by the wealthy, who used Chinese characters to write their language.

Sure miss being there. Being everywhere! Being in the Game. Saving the World.

You be careful over there in Sand Land, ‘hear?!

Keep us posted too. Love having Treepers around the Globe. We learn so much here.

Rove on!

• piper567 says:

Shark, Please do report while roving.
            So glad you have found a branch.
            Stay safe.

• Carrie2 says:

Marquis, because Taiwan is a sovereignty as my friends from there, my teachers from there, do not consider themselves as anything but Taiwanese and have more freedom than those friends of ours in China. Hard workers, great learners and teachers, and no matter coming here and becoming American citizens changes their love of their country. We enjoy both countries but a noticeable difference as well between them. I have added all those captured Japanese to NK to be “used” to my prayers as well. Sad to say the list of those for whom I pray is getting more and more long, but God sooner or later will intervene and that is my goal in my prayers.

• Maquis says:

Thank you for sharing your insight, Carrie. Yes, the Taiwanese people appear to be remarkably different.

I do know that when I contemplate a purchase and discover it was made in Taiwan, I feel much as I do when I see a Japan label; I trust the quality and do not begrudge supporting their economy; far from the reaction when seeing the all-too ubitiquous “China” mark.

I am glad we arm and support Taiwan, but I feel it is a shame that we have been toeing the ChiCom line on recognizing them as a separate and free Nation. I wonder if PDJT has this in mind as he resolves much of the ill in the Far East. He surely has the courage to do that.

• CiscoKid says:

As each day passes I begin to believe more and more that indeed our Creator placed President Trump in the Oval Office to pull America back from the dark abyss that she had one foot in and was slipping on the other.

• MVW says:

Judgement, sense of proportion, heart and brain, courage to speak when others need it. Being a genius helps. Nice to finally have that in a president.

3. southernsue says:

i pray that GOD is with trump and his team
    i pray for GOD to grant wisdom and continued courage to trump and his team
    i pray that trump is with GOD also and is listening

4. Larry Bucar says:

I’m at a loss for words what PDJT is accomplishing on this historic trip and already 1 year anniversary of the 2016 elections…… WOW!!!

5. Maquis says:

Melania is as enchanting as ever. I like her dress, so nice not having to avert my gaze to avoid seeing a grotesquerie baring her armpits or sneering at us deplorables. Modesty and grace are so refreshing.

Akie Abe is adorable. Seems very sweet, a good fit for Melania. Those kids were having a ball! So were our First Ladies.

I notice that Melania put her hair up for the NK abductee event. Very solemn, very respectful. The Japanese will love her all the more for it.

6. mike says:

Most Americans don’t know about the Kim family’s murders of Americans and our military over the generations – e.g. murderous border incidents, the brutul priracy and kidnapping of the USS Pueblo in1968, the shootdown of 31 over international waters. Much of it covered up in US news.

7. Blacksmith8 says:

I don’t normally comment on FLOTUS attire. I am a member of the married out of our league club. That said, her dress, hair, and make up for the abduction recognition was startling. The image was a gut punch. In the dictionary where is says how to display sadness and pain, they could put that picture and everyone would understand.

The first lady takes messaging to the next level.

8. decisiontime16 says:

Our President Trump is a true friend of the American people and of those oppressed throughout the world.

9. mailmannz says:

Just out of interest but did the black baby jesus do stuff like this?

10. RJ says:

Trump should offer Bo Bergdahl to the North Koreans in exchange for all those Japanese citizens abducted. That sounds like a win win to me!

11. wasntme says:

I don’t feel sorry for any japanese. They would have buried every single American/Chinese/Korean/Filipino/Singaporean/etc. if given the chance. That was only 70 years ago.

• Benson II says:

I can’t think of any greater success, other than winning the war, then the determination and skill it took to turn Japan around as a nation, from the dark ages of God of destruction worship to democracy. Those who ridicule nation building after war are wrong. Sometimes it’s the only way to bring a nation away from barbarism and into a fellowship with others of the world.

12. Bendix says:

I didn’t know of this.
    Just imagine how these people felt when they heard the news about Otto Warmbier.
    President Trump has been watching and learning for a long time.

13. Big Jake says:

Ozero would have met with atomic bombing “victims” or Koreans living in Japan who survived Japanese atrocities. Anything to be a rabble rousing jerk face.

14. Big Jake says:

15. daughnworks247 says:

The President has championed the down-trodden throughout his life.
    Remember the woman who needed to pay off her mortgage in Georgia?
    Or Jennifer Hudson, after the murder of a family member?
    Or the little boy Ryan, who had AIDS?
    Remember when he got out of his limo and defended a man?
    Or when Trump was alone in his defense of Jesse Jackson’s efforts with the Rainbow Coalition?
    And when Nominee Trump championed the victims of illegals during the campaign?
    Yes, wading into the fray to defend the downtrodden, when no one else will, is VERY Presbyterian/American/Trumpian.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Yes – this is exactly right. Abductee moms are Japan’s version of Angel moms. Our President sees right though to the heart of these things.

I think this is what always kept him grounded, and a friend of The People.

AND (and this is a horrifying psy-op realization which I just had) it also explains why the Satanic Democrats featuring Insane Purple Cowgirl are now trying to weaponize victims against this President and his administration. They know this is a source of President Trump’s human connection to the People, and they are trying to make him pull back from it.

EVIL! I like to say that “Satan weaponizes everything”, and the Democrats taping condolence calls for edited-tape attacks by their media ghouls is a perfect example.

• Maquis says:

Indeed. Socialism is of Satan. Using Good to do Evil, the words of the Good to portray them as Evil, is right out of Hell.

The Left sees The Screwtape Letters as a How-To Manual.

16. JunieG says:

I don’t know much about the subject ofJapanese abductees, but wonder if there is a reason for bringing this to the world’s attention now. Has some backdoor diplomacy been going on, a deal being negotiated, in which the release of these people is in play?

• Maquis says:

It surely helps the campaign to end the menace of NK.

I do think you are right, there is something more to it. The level of foreign involvement on the ground required to police a denuclearization would make it very hard to pretend that such prisoners exist. We wouldn’t condone their inHuman Gulags, so it seems not much of a reach to suppose that all sins which can be rectified will be made do.

PDJT doesn’t acknowledge Evil merely to ignore it.

17. Mike diamond says:

President Trump is right on God be with him Melania and his team!!