CTH has noted on several occasions that many of Puerto Rico’s 78 municipal authorities control their regions in a similar fashion to mafioso families.  There is a tremendous amount of corruption within the ranks of “Mayors” on the island.  The entire system of governance is more accurately similar to third-world overlords.

This report on FEMA aid being corrupted by these same officials does not come as a surprise; indeed, unfortunately, it is the norm – not the exception.

(Puerto Rico) FBI agents in Puerto Rico have been receiving calls from “across the island” with residents complaining local officials are “withholding” or “mishandling” critical FEMA supplies — with one island official even accused of stuffing his own car full of goods meant for the suffering populace.

The accusations come in the aftermath of deadly Hurricane Maria, which devastated the U.S. territory last month.

“The complaints we’re hearing is that mayors of local municipalities, or people associated with their offices, are giving their political supporters special treatment, goods they’re not giving to other people who need them,” FBI Special Agent Carlos Osorio told Fox News.

Osorio, an agent with the FBI in San Juan, said the bureau was investigating the allegations.

“The U.S. attorney has made it clear if anyone is caught mishandling FEMA supplies, they will be prosecuted and could end up facing anywhere from five to 20 years in prison,” Osorio said.

Some of the claims have come by phone and others have poured in over social media, but the allegations stretch across the island.  Osorio told of one allegation where a party official is accused of pulling his own car around the back of a government building and driving off after loading it full of FEMA supplies.

“We’re going out and investigating these claims,” Osorio said. “We don’t know yet if they’re accurate or not…but yes we have received many similar allegations from people in many different parts of the island.”

The allegations of misconduct come amid a pitched back-and-forth between island officials and President Trump over the federal response to Maria.  San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, a frequent Trump foil, reportedly accused Trump on Thursday of “genocide” for not doing more to aid in the relief efforts.

Cruz sent the accusation in a text message to Rep. Luis V. Gutirrez, D-Ill., who is of Puerto Rican heritage, The Washington Times reported.

Trump on Twitter has accused Cruz of poor management.

“…Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help…” Trump wrote.

The president raised eyebrows Thursday morning by tweeting that federal agencies, military officials and first responders couldn’t stay “in P.R. forever!”

Earlier Thursday, the Daily Caller reported the FBI was aware of misappropriation allegations in six of Puerto Rico’s 78 municipalities.  (read more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Dem Hypocrisy, FBI, FEMA, Legislation, media bias, President Trump, propaganda, Puerto Rico, Uncategorized, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

194 Responses to FBI Begins Investigating Corrupt Municipal Mayors Withholding FEMA Aid in Puerto Rico…

• Paul Revere says:

So here is the thing, we can wag our fingers at the puerto ricians and console ourselves that it is well known how corrupt they are. And WOW even open an investigation by the FBI!
      What hypocritical BS is that when we have all these law breakers in our own government walking around flush with cash from ill gotten gains at tax payer expense and we do nothing?! NO JUSTICE NO COUNTRY!
      Say it with me NO JUSTICE, NO COUNTRY!!!

• Gotta start somewhere. For every corrupt PR mayor, there is likely a corrupt US politician getting their cut. Hopefully, it will lead up to you know who.

• 4sure says:

It is the epitome of hypocrisy by Sessions. He can’t investigate his sewer rat cronies in DC and the sewer rat black Dim mayors in Americas largest failing urban cities.

• graphiclucidity says:

These corrupt officials are stealing from their own people who just survived a catastrophic hurricane. They’re taking food and water from desperate families, many homeless or living in shelters. That’s the lowest of the low. Hypocrisy has got nothing to do with it.

Even corrupt Mayor Nagin had enough sense, and heart, to wait until after the recovery in New Orleans had stabilized before he started making crooked deals during the rebuilding.

The FBI needs to be involved in PR. Arrests need to happen.
        If they put a few of the crooks in jail now, the aid theft will stop, quickly.

The first one they should slap the cuffs on is Mayor Genocide of San Juan.
        If she’s the standard top level politician in Puerto Rico it’s no wonder they’re billions in debt and still living in third world conditions after over a hundred years of being a U.S. territory.

God, The FBI and Trump, help them, because it seems far too many of their leaders won’t.

• carrierh says:

graphic, there are some diseases that can’t be cured and one if PR. I think we net to cut the cord because the island is crime ridden, democrat/leftist, never has thought of preparing for hurricanes and now are desperate. Most are on welfare and no one pays us taxes, so we lose all the way around. They have our support for years in a large amount and nothing to show for it. Why keep pouring money down a drain is beyond me. We need that money and care for our country and not a territory. The Virgins are quickly at work and moving ahead, but then again they are no all latinos. Lived in Mexico for years and again you are looking at crimes, lies, stealing, and seeing nothing wrong in doing so. Hate to say that about Mexicans, but we are having the same problems with them here illegally with cars being broken into, or stolen, stealing in stores constantly in spite of cameras and security guards, trash strewn every where, insulting us, no desire to learn English, and first out there for any freebie that they can lay hands on! Enough already. MAGA but cut the cord to leeches in PR.

• How does an economy deal with a 300 million reduction in cash flow? By collapsing.

PR demanded that the US military remove themselves from the Island – along with the military their 300,000,000 per year in expenditures were also removed… PR received what their people demanded and has never recovered…

This should be a fair warning to any country where there is a US base… if you do not replace the cash flow when the Military leaves you are in for a world of economic pain,

• formerdem says:

I think it is an excellent idea to lock up some people for this, and the fact they can’t do it perfectly is no reason not to try their best. Go!!! You know, people do this stuff and when they get away with it they say the Feds winked at them, which they didn’t, but it is another optical illusion to paralyze people from objecting. That bubble is popped if Trump just TRIES.

• and what about THE CLINTON’S OVER HAITI.
        TALK ABOUT ABUSE THEY BOTH NEED LOCKED UP AS WELL.

• triper57 says:

Yes, our bureaucracy is just as corrupt as theirs, but we are talking about PR right now. Not the US socialists in charge of our government. The means of dealing with both is different. The only way to deal with ours that we can no longer fire is as we identify them is to reassign them to posts that no one wants. isolate them in Alaska or Arkansas or Lower Alabama. In PR they have exposed themselves as thieves and should be prosecuted. They are not protected by the bureaucracy from this nation.

• All American Snowflake says:

“Drain the swamp.”

• Kintbury54 says:

Did you see anyone volunteering to clean up their own neighborhoods? Just asking.

• Boricua says:

I grew up in Puerto Rico and loved it. I still regard it as my home. But, corruption was always widespread, somebody was always being convicted of fraud, and many politicians and police openly solicited bribes for basic services and for favors. The US pours billions into Puerto Rico with little visible effect. Like with Harvey Weinstein in Hollywood, everybody in Puerto Rico knows what is going on. My wholehearted support to the FBI.

1. StuckInBlue says:

Lock them up! Take their flip flops!

2. TheLastDemocrat says:

Gambling?! In Casablanca?!

3. Dazza says:

Good.
    Another Hispanic run jurisdiction that has been completely mismanaged. Are there any shining examples to the contrary?

4. PDQ says:

what wing of the FBI is this?

so out of character to do their job.

5. auscitizenmom says:

GOOD!

6. CarolynH says:

Please let Cruz be their primary investigative target!

• filia.aurea says:

Ol Lyin’ Ted best keep his head down…we’re lying in wait.

• filia.aurea says:

I may have mistaken which Cruz you meant….lol..her too.

• Guyver1 says:

She will be .
      As someone who was born and raised there, I can guarantee you that the ones screaming the loudest about President Trump not doing enough are the very same ones who are stealing the FEMA aid.
      They have stolen a good chunk of what has been sent, and the reason they are screaming for more aid is so they can steal more.
      But in their arrogance they overplayed their hand, and did not realize that theft of this magnitude, under these circumstances, and from a federal government led by our lion, President Trump, would not be tolerated.
      I shall thoroughly enjoy seeing the corrupt mayor of San Juan and her buddies do the perp walk.
      I will celebrate by getting plastered like I have not been plastered in 37 years!!!

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Yes – I was hoping that DOJ would be watching the aid for siphoning by the corrupt officials, but I had no idea it would happen this quickly! Wow.

• kpm58 says:

She has done hinted where loot is going to be, grocery stores.

• Guyver1 says:

Some of the FEMA supplies have ALREADY shown up in stores, although they are clearly marked ‘Not for sale’.
          How? Easy. The corrupt politicians, instead of distributing the aid, sell it to their corrupt merchant friends, who then resell it at a huge markup.
          And the people have to pay whatever they ask for, or starve.
          The corrupt politicians make money, their corrupt merchant friends make money… and the average Joe or Jane on the street, who the aid was meant for, gets the shaft.
          Business as usual in PR.
          What they were not counting on was that this particular President would not put up with it.
          Our Lion is already licking his paws in anticipation…

• theduchessofkitty says:

Born and raised there.

Totally agree: the ones who scream the loudest there are more often than not the most corrupt.

• Sentient says:

Even NPR ran a story yesterday evening about how the mayors in PR run everything and are demanding that all aid be put at their disposal (to dole out to their friends). Even NPR can’t spin it against Trump.

• WSB says:

Wouldn’t be funny if some of those water bottles had GPS tracking devices in them?

7. citizen817 says:

Not surprised. Like the inner cities here…
    Show me a Democrat run city that has not failed the community.

According to Wikipedia,
    There are currently 45 mayors affiliated with the Popular Democratic Party(PPD), while the remaining 33 are affiliated with the New Progressive Party (PNP)

That in itself tells alot about Puerto Rico.

8. Law & order coming to a town near you.

*THIS* is why I’m still hopeful for California. Trump isn’t tolerating this nonsense. YA-freaking-HOO & Hurrah!!!

• wondering999 says:

From your post to God’s ears… I love California, and not just because I’ve got family out there. Hope everything gets better and soon

• glmwriter says:

wonderling999: I love your opening. I love beautiful places I got to visit in CAL, w/my USMC son. It’s such a shame that the first Amnesty gave the state to the Libs/Dems/Progressives/socialists/anarchists/Neo-hippies/and looters.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Some how, some way, I think we will eventually see California reclaimed and restored to the Union and made great again. It really was our crown jewel. We can’t just let it go with a fight.

• It’s part of our heritage- our American history. I truly believe things will turn around and once it becomes “cool” to like California again- millions will want to save it, just like me!

• Also like to add, it’s really easy to be a bitch about hating California. Everybody agrees about the bad. What’s difficult is trying to be positive about my state: NOBODY wants to hear it. They just want to gripe. No biggie. Trump doesn’t care. I don’t care. I want things to be better & so does he.

If he can get a handle on Puerto Rico….sky’s the limit baby!!

• Trumppin says:

I just want california to be split up (electorally) … they hold way too much power in the electorate as does Texas and florida etc…. mean while people like me don’t even need to vote here in SD because everything is already decided by the first 10 states and the candidates ignore us because our 3 EV don’t decide a darn thing (usually) and Iowa..don’t even get me started… LOL

• Q&A says:

Always vote, for the sake of the popular vote. The media still rubs it in that Hillary was the “winner” of the popular vote and treats her like President Trump stole the election from her.

• Trumppin says:

oh i do.. I just think we all need to vote on the same day and be done with it…… no more treating elections like NFL games picking winners and losers

• Grandma Covfefe says:

I agree, Bluto–I’m tired of this bashing, too. But I’m ready with popcorn to watch Hollywood flame up. It has started, thanks to Winestain, Ben Afflack, and Matt Demon and Puerto Rico corruptions.

Treepers, Please pray the USA aid for the California fires goes straight to the victims and NOT to Moonbeam’s pet projects, like Calif pensions, high speed train to no where, and esp aid for illegals, etc. Those 3 really irritates us.

Thank you, President Trump, for MAGA.

• das411 says:

” But I’m ready with popcorn to watch Hollywood flame up. It has started, thanks to Winestain, Ben Afflack, and Matt Demon and Puerto Rico corruptions.”

…and when POTUS completely destroys the leftist Hollywood/media industry, which states will be the ones still creating productive jobs…?

• Guyver1 says:

It would be great if he uses the corrupt in the PR government to experiment and fine tune how to go after the corrupt not just there, but here on the mainland too.
            You and me seem to have several things in common.. we both love the place we were born/raised in, we love the way they used to be… before the libs and the crazies took control of the big towns and ruined everything for every peaceful, rational person.
            And we are fighting to get that control back, and push the libs and the crazies back into the hole they crawled out of.
            And I do have, in spite of everything, a soft spot for California. Been there many times.
            And one of my favorite SciFi TV series as a child (The Invaders, with Roy Thinnes) was filmed there, and they used a lot of locations around LA and the Temecula area. That is the image of California I grew up with- quiet, dignified, rational, beautiful.
            And both PR and California can be that again.
            Never give up!

• Sylvia Avery says:

Yes, it is an IMPORTANT part of our American history and heritage.

I’ve visited often over the years although I never lived there, but if I were to close my eyes and visualize The American Dream it would look like California in the 50s and 60s. A beautiful place where dreams could be made into reality.

It makes me angry that that has been taken from us and replaced with some two tiered social strata third world hellhole with shrieking SJWs and invading hordes.

• boogywstew says:

New York is the Crown Jewel and I don’t just say that because I’m a native of Long Island!!! Don’t make me have to tell my fellow Long Islander, President Trump, that you disagree.

• winky says:

I agree……it is the most beautiful state to live. We have everything here. It is hard to give it up.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I’m no longer willing to give it up. PDJT has taught me that we can fight, and win.

We are going to take California back. I have no idea how or when, but we are going to do it. I believe.

• piper567 says:

Sylvia, how I hope you are right!
            I lived in CA for my first 40 yrs; had Great Schools, the Best Roads; a Great Library system.
            I paid more in State Taxes than I did to the Feds, but it was OK, bc we had just the best of everything.
            CA is a jewel, and for those of us who remember it this way, it is indeed a tragedy what has happened.
            How wonderful it would be for this State to be reclaimed, as our Great Country is being reclaimed.
            Please keep fighting. Please keep praying.

• positron1352 says:

Only 30% registered Republicans here in Calif.. It’s a total loss.

• FL_GUY says:

I believe President Trump is going to do it! He wants us all to be united, prosperous and safe again. It won’t happen overnight; slowly but surely, it is happening. President Trump is the ONLY one who could take on this task of healing the USA and he will succeed! There will be many crooked politicians on both sides of the aisle prosecuted for their crimes. it’s necessary to MAGA.

• BobBoxBody says:

I got a good laugh out of ICE basically calling Furor Brown’s bluff and just telling him they’d grab even more people and then take them away from the safety of their courts. These people aren’t used to someone that actually punches back!

• I heard PDJT talking about the tax cuts/reform package. He seems to not back down from the idea of state income taxes no longer being deductible on the Fed 1040. Rather than getting all weasley and defensive, he is bullish on removing the deduction because he links high state income taxes to poorly managed states, most of which are in the hands of Dems. Could be his way of bringing pressure to bear to change the status quo.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I agree. I think it will be a winner for THE PEOPLE in the long run. Any time we can make commie mismanagement implode, it’s a WIN.

• Trumppin says:

I said nearly as much to someone else, it will force voters in those states to turn out to vote and to vote for conservatives over liberals that cost them more.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

Yes, I think that may be his intention. Once you really feel the pain of high income tax, you will begin to ask yourself what your state government is doing that it shouldn’t do, doesn’t need to do, or that could be better done by private charities. Government has little incentive to spend your tax dollars wisely or to be frugal (they take your dollars and buy votes with them), but state governments are closer to home and you have a bit more direct control.

• Duke Taber says:

I am hopeful for California as well. God knows at times I have asked to be able to leave but He keeps saying no. He called me here. He has a plan. God thinks California is worth saving.

• kpm58 says:

I am waiting to buy my ocean front condo in Vegas.

• Kroesus says:

….and people that spout idiocy like that should have their comments flagged…….the North American Plate is being SUBDUCTED (undercut) by the Pacific Plate…..it is IMPOSSIBLE for California to “fall into the ocean” and just more lame propaganda from those who lack the effort to find out the truth and the will to express it in the light of opposition

• boogywstew says:

Amen! I’m a New Yorker but California is one of my United States and I’m not just going to see it handed over to global trash.

• Fe says:

I love this post Duke. I’ve felt for the longest time God has a plan to restore California and rescue the state from the political loonie toons making a mess there.

• CoffeeBreak says:

I love California. I’ll never move.

• Patriot1783 says:

Ya mean he’s not finished for the 100th time?? 😂😂😂

• One thing I’ve noticed, I post regularly on the local news FB. I used to be one of very few conservatives, now the place is 75% conservative/Trump supporters. All this in the span of approx 1 year. I have hope too. #MCGA by driving the proglodytes into the sea, or Venezuela. Their choice.

9. filia.aurea says:

Well said Mr. President. Not only ingrates but also corrupt politicians who make mobsters look like boy scouts. The island was a disaster before the hurricane, it beggars belief they’re not satisfied with just burdening the Federal Government to fix their infrastructure and debt – they want to profit from FEMA supplies as well! If not monitored, they would simply allow the ordinary people of Puerto Rico go without.

Leaders with some semblance of moral certitude need to stand and serve, so that the island can be governed properly. You and all Federal and private groups have done the people of Puerto Rico proud. After that leftist mayor’s incredibly divisive and untruthful rants, I’d have said here’s 6 months supplies, adios!!

10. duchess01 says:

You have to be a depraved, evil person to steal from the very people you were elected to serve –

Oopsey – No – I was not referring to Congress-Critters – however, if it fits on your shoe – wear it!

11. dayallaxeded says:

First thing I noticed when San Juan’s mayor started with her demented, HELLaryesq ranting was that she was standing in a warehouse chock-a-block with food and other relief goods that obviously weren’t going anywhere they were needed, while she was ranting. Talk about lying, stupid, crooks!

12. Sylvia Avery says:

Everywhere my eyes land it seems there is swamp in need of drainage. I never realized how freaking big the swamp was, how far it extended, and how much effort was going to be required to drain it.

But I am darned grateful whenever I see signs of swamp drainage underway. Like this hot mess known as Puerto Rico, just humming along off in its own little corrupt world for a hundred years or more happily slurping up taxpayer dollars.

That chick with the safety glasses who calls herself a mayor might have been smarter to keep a lower profile.

13. Merle Marks says:

Puerto Rico…leading from down south with a Democratic flavor…Hillary, no doubt, will want to go down there and possibly get in on the action…

• TreeperInTraining says:

….like she bailed out Haiti.

Lmao

• glmwriter says:

Merle: Funny!!!! But, she won’t go there. Bet you a dollar.

• Guyver1 says:

The second the US attorney’s office and the FBI became involved, the whole island became radioactive as far as Hitlary is concerned.
      She won’t touch it with a 10 foot pole.
      Everyone knows how she robbed Haiti. The whole planet is watching.
      And with the Weinstein scandal and her life of lies and crime finally starting to catch up to her, her plate is full (and we all know what it is full of- the smelly stuff.)

14. Joe Blow says:

This is so far beyond absurd it’s scarcely comprehensible. I grow sicker of this woman with each passing day.

• Joe Blow says:

Sorry, that was meant to be a response to this:

“San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, a frequent Trump foil, reportedly accused Trump on Thursday of “genocide” for not doing more to aid in the relief efforts.”

• Guyver1 says:

Karnak the magnificent would hold an envelope to his forehead and say, “Yulin Cruz… misappropriation of FEMA aid… handcuffs… federal prison…”

15. sunnydaze says:

Heard that people from the US were advised against sending food/supplies to relatives down there cuz the Post Office was confiscating the stuff and keeping it for themselves.

• ecmarsh says:

We send aid of food, clothing, and assorted commodities to P.R. The mafia (government) receives the aid. Mafia sells stuff to the merchants, merchants sell the stuff to the distributes, distributes sell the stuff to the shops and street vendors, who sell it to the people.
      It is the same in every corrupt country I have been in. “Give me, give me”, cries the corrupt government, while the people suffer.

16. boogywstew says:

Puerto RICO … RICO = Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations … the RICO Act !!! How could I have not noticed this before? It’s like God is trying to tell us something ….

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I’m sure when they came up with the acronym, somebody said “But what will Puerto Ricans think?” I’m also sure the answer was “common Spanish word, Spanish joke – it’s OK”.

But definitely a great spot – I didn’t notice it, either.

And you just KNOW that they’re all Cankles supporters, too! R.I.C.O.

17. MaineCoon says:

In the top picture, who’s stealing the goods? The guy or the little ‘ole lady?

18. Pam says:

This mayor and all of her crooked crony friends need to be locked up ASAP!

19. Wayne says:

I know many of these people. I’ve worked there. Many are lazy, corrupt and waiting for the next handout. They don’t want a “hand up”; they want “cash” to be given to them so they can do their skimming of $s first. Mr. President, don’t give them a blank check. Put a responsible someone down there to ensure “first need projects” are properly managed and funding is audited and accounted for. Otherwise, the corrupt politicians will be back at the trough for another handout before the ink is dry on the first check.

20. Bob Thoms says:

As a NYC developer; one thing P Trump understands is the corrosive nature of corruption.

21. Fannie says:

Lester Holt on the Nightly News just reported that FEMA failed and so-called vets have to fill the gap!

22. I wonder if they will be able to keep their timelines straight on this investigation. /snark

23. TreeperInTraining says:

This is a master chess move….seriously.

Investigate while it’s hot.

24. glmwriter says:

Common denominator: There is a new Sheriff in town. And his deputies are a whole lot smarter, braver, and honorable than previous administrations. #MAGA

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Even compared to the Bush Crime Family administrations, there is just competence. I’m impressed. In fact, I don’t think I’ve seen this kind of competence since JFK and Reagan.

Granted, there are still some swamp rats that need cleanup. McCabe is still one heck of a problem. But WOW.

• glmwriter says:

JFK benefited from a united nation, and, his charisma. He, and Bobby, and dad, were corrupt. Teddy eventually proved it, but he was never held accountable. JFK & Dems started Vietnam War.
        On the other hand, Dems will never publish JFK’s speeches about taxes and the economy. He knew what Reagan knew later!

• Trumppin says:

JFK and Reagan also didn’t have Antifa/BLM in the streets and a Hostile Domestic Terrorist Organization – aka #FakeNews to deal with.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Oh – the Kennedy Crime Family was one for the books, too. I’ve followed their shenanigans for decades.

Decapitation really served the communist interest in Vietnam. JFK could have rallied an effective defense of the South. Johnson? HA! No way.

There were 1000 reasons for the commies to kill JFK, and they solved them all that day. The trick was, enough OTHER people got their problems solved, that everybody went along with the media chaos and mystery narrative. Plus our anticommunists were in disarray. And the left effectively targeted the Minutemen and John Birch society as media boogeymen to create a distraction. Very smart.

We had no idea about the media back then. No idea. Even JFK didn’t understand that they would betray him in death, as they had never done in life. Very slick.

• Nikki/Chico says:

Forgive me if I’m wrong but I thought the French were involved with the viet nam mess first, President Eisenhower got the US in somehow which placed the dang thing in JFK’s lap.

🙂

25. justme928 says:

Didn’t we just send them a bunch of money, or will be sending them some soon? How on earth are we going to keep that money from being stuffed in the corrupt politicians pockets?

26. fleporeblog says:

I truly hope this POS Mayor from San Juan is one of the politicians that is involved and has her ass thrown in prison for 20 years! We will be nice and put her in an island prison. Gitmo has space and the jihadist can see what their 70 virgins will look like. The majority will convert to Christian’s immediately!

27. backwoodsgirl123 says:

Well, considering that they didn’t have roads cleared, and no computer stuff to work with for awhile, I’d imagine they haven’t even started delivering packages yet! The roads are torn up.

28. Jerzy2GA says:

Fox News is fake news! Bret Baier and his crew of minions(including the woman from the Federalist who supposedly vouches for the President) tried to display the tweet referring to the Feds not staying in PR as random…only for me to find out from Sundance it was apart of a string of tweets(totalling 3). Blatant misrepresentation to not add it in context imo

*takes my BP meds

29. alliwantissometruth says:

People stupid enough to vote for the democrat / Marxist agenda are too stupid to watch what their representatives are doing or understand what they’re doing

Not even life threatening corruption & incompetence will sway them on their voting habits

Some “stupid” just can’t be fixed

• WSB says:

It’s the culture. Ann Coulter nailed it in her ‘Adios America’ book.

Foreign people may look like Americans. But they are not. No way and never will. They do not understand our way of life…only theirs.

30. 4sure says:

Why PR? Why not American city mayors? Why not Hillary Clinton?

31. redredrice says:

As a person of PR heritage it breaks my heart to see these corrupt politicians and their cronies abuse innocent people in need, then point the finger of blame at those who are trying to help! They get away with it because they belong to the media-approved party and they spout the standard Liberal lies. As long as they trash Trump, their nobility is unquestioned.

32. Minnie says:

Most excellent!

Root out corruption at the local level and work it upward.

Not sure it helps repair the damage inflicted on extended family but it’s a start.

33. Michael says:

You must pay the baksheesh or suffer the consequences.

34. TexasDude says:

Hispanics throughout the never miss an opportunity to keep fellow Hispanics down.

35. Steve Grant says:

Trust in the FBI? Thank you, no.

• Patriot 1 says:

I couldn’t agree more. The FBI has lost all their credibility. Too bad for the good ones still working there but if you don’t expose corruption you are part of it.

36. pjb535i says:

I read recently that the U.S. federal government provides Puerto Rico with $21 billion (that is with a “b” – I had to do a double take when I first saw it too) in financial aid annually (that’s like every-twelve-months). An Island nation with a population roughly equivalent to that of the state of Connecticut has such a voracious appetite for U.S. government largess that even WITH $21 billion annually in financial aid, PR is over $80 billion dollars in debt. And that was BEFORE hurricane Maria. And most of that $80 billion in debt is government pensions. You know, the same kind of paper that has the state of Illinois floating in red ink. Folks, let’s call it what it is. Puerto Rico is a banana republic which, by the way, even has its own Olympic team.

The major drug cartels use PR as their primary conduit for drugs to reach the east coast of the U.S., especially since PR citizens can travel to the U.S. mainland on nothing more than their driver’s license. Most smugglers are paid in drugs which, due to the law of supply and demand are dirt cheap on the Island. It comes as no surprise, therefore, that drug addiction and homelessness are a significant problem for the PR population.

In President Donald Trump, we have a new sheriff in town. A savvy, street smart sheriff who knows how to spot a con from a mile away. In the words of Ricky Ricardo, Puerto Rico has got some splainin’ to do.

• Step 1: Jail the Management and Ownership of every grocery store with Relief goods marked “Not for Sale”.

Step 2: Cut plea bargains for outing the Politicians, Government Officials and Racketeers.

Step 3: Retrieve NSA recordings of all mainlands American politicians who conspired, aided and abetted the corruption, and put them in the BIG HOUSE in Leavenworth.

As President Trump might say:
      Lock Em UP!

• scott467 says:

We have to rescue Attorney General Jeff Sessions from the Three Monkeys first!

They kidnapped Sessions, and when they were caught and interrogated about Sessions’ whereabouts, one testified that he saw no evil, the second monkey swore that heard no evil, and the third Monkey refused to speak at all!

This is outrageous!

37. theduchessofkitty says:

As I read this thread, I’m in contact with an old friend of mine from my youth in PR. She has told me a lot of the shelters are now encountering a pandemic of conjunctivitis.

We need to send more medical help. Not everyone can go to the USNS Comfort.

She also told me the lines for just about everything are outrageously long, and supplies low. On the other hand, supplies are now being distributed across the island. Supermarkets are empty. She had to go to City Hall to receive some supplies for her grandchildren.

Many people have been sending care packages for their families through the USPS – but too many are being opened and supplies stolen before they arrive to their destinations. She told me of a woman who sent her parents two portable fans with batteries. They only received the batteries.

38. scott467 says:

“FBI Begins Investigating Corrupt Municipal Mayors Withholding FEMA Aid in Puerto Rico”

_____________

Can you even imagine how much trouble these people would be in, if we had an Attorney General of the United States who was brave and courageous and competent enough to prosecute government officials?

Luckily for them, no government crime goes punished as long as Jefferson Beauregard Sessions the IIIrd is on the job.

39. Patriot 1 says:

Corruption in Pueryo Rico’s government too? Well that might explain why the country resembles a third world banana republic.

40. wodiej says:

Yes, and all the while the San Juan mayor blustering about not getting any aid from Trump and the US. Trump should send our own people to distribute the goods since they don’t even care about their own people.

41. Desert Scorpion says:

I hope the FBI investigates the mayor of San Juan first.