Round three of NAFTA begins this weekend in Canada.  According to a leaked possible itinerary obtained by Reuters the auto-sector “rules of origin” will be discussed on Tuesday or Wednesday.

The auto sector rules of origin have been exploited by China to send auto manufacturing parts into Mexico, including massive electronic components, where they are assembled and shipped into the U.S. under NAFTA.  This trade maneuver is an exploitation, a back-door per se’, of the NAFTA agreement by China which Secretary Ross and USTR Robert Lighthizer are committed to stopping.

Secretary Wilbur Ross explains in this recent CNBC interview. WATCH:

This entry was posted in Canada, China, Economy, Mexico, NAFTA, President Trump, Trade Deal, Transportation, Uncategorized, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

79 Responses to NAFTA Round Three Begins in Canada – Secretary Wilbur Ross Discusses NAFTA, North Korea and China…

1. Maxi Dean says:

Couldn’t help myself.

2. just kill this damn NAFTA AND MOVE ON.
    you CAN’T FIX STUPID.

• The Boss says:

Many here have said the same thing Sec. Ross said…It’s a matter of timing. I think it’s a matter of time before we exit NAFTA. (It’s a matter of time before a lot of other things happen too, but they’re OT).

• WSB says:

Spot on, Boss. See 8:12 and 8:30. Wilburine is definitive. I have surmised for awhile, and Ross is now clarifying that PT will not impose his scorched earth policy until his legislation goes through.

Please, everyone make note of the Sessions’ question. This is probably the reason we have seen no movement. PT needs only three items from Congress…tax reform or relief or both, Healthcare reform, and infrastructure including The Wall as defense. I also believe, if the Congress does not act, PT has many ways to skin this cat without them.

So, now we know that we will be biting nails on the Cassidy/Graham bill, infrastructure, and tax relief before any scorched earth maneuvering occurs.

Treepers, and anyone else here on this site, hold your powder. Prioritize the immediate and rough-ride the imminent.

• wheatietoo says:

We also need the Senate to confirm all those new Judges that PDJT has appointed!

If Hillary were indicted right now…is there a Judge and jury in DC or NY that would convict her?

• WSB says:

Wheatie, this is the crux. No one should be so short tempered that nothing is happening now. More than anything, treepers should know better.

Sun-Tzu knows better. PT knows better.

Patience.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

WSB, I agree–Patience and timing.

President Trump and his MAGA Dream Team knows what they are doing. They are all primed for these jobs, that we are not privy to.

Treepers, President Trump got this.

• rashamon says:

Yes, wheatie, our judiciary is one-third of our checks-and-balances, but a YUGE stumbling block when it comes to repairing the shredding of our U.S. Constitution over the last century. The arrogance of the judiciary astonishes as in “I don’t care what the law says; I tell you what the law says.” We need some approvals of PDJT’s roster and as fast as possible.

• llyod says:

agreed…I personally think Rand is with the president so the CoC puppets like mccain will underestimate Trump and overestimate their leverage….but let’s see

• jonhabart says:

Exactly right! The President and his him have everything carefully orchestrated, timing is essential.

• fleporeblog says:

This third session will determine the faith of NAFTA! If these MORONS decide that they don’t want to play ball, you can kiss it goodbye! These morons from CNBC don’t realize that our President could careless about Congress. He will kill NAFTA and tell them you better be happy about it! Our President will not soften anything. They just don’t get it.

This clown thinks the EO our President signed and China 🇨🇳 is adhering to will not work. He actually made a case for the NK people. At this point, they are and never will be our problem. That is between Rocket Man and them. Maybe they will eventually open their eyes but I won’t hold my breath on that one.

As for Tax Reform, these MORONS have no choice because 3-5 Democrats will vote in favor of it. Let them screw this up and every single one of them are politically DEAD 💀! Our President has gotten our GDP to 3% on his own. The only reason the 3rd quarter will be less than 3% is because of the two major hurricanes. It still will be between 2.5% to 2.8%.

• nightmare on k st says:

they won’t, in order for the Globalist to move toward World Government, there must be stripping of individual nations sovereignty by multi nation trade agreements, you recall Heidi Cruz’s work at CFR, well in order to merge into 3 trading blocks; Asian, Americas and European, the Globalist will not allow NFTA to fail, no matter how much of a hit Mexico and Canada have to take, this is for the long haul, now is just a bump in the road setback

• seabrznsun says:

I with you nightmare. We’re barely into the 1/2 year mark of 8 years. We, as Americans, must get the industrial structures and farms up & running at capacity before we take on the globalist in big time Trump fashion. We must we capable of standing alone, if need be.

• Blacksmith8 says:

The globalists have no say in our President Trump [still not tired of saying that] unilaterally ending NAFTA.
        It ain’t worth the paper it’s printed on.

3. Skinner says:

The can is no longer being kicked down the road. Bring on a hundred years of American prosperity.

4. duchess01 says:

Autos and Auto Parts – trade deficit – from outside of NAFTA – this is insane – NAFTA has been a drain at the onset – apparently, nothing in this agreement has been good for America – who is to blame for this monstrosity of a trade deal – who are the traitors/globalists within?

All of this talk about NAFTA has opened my eyes to the massive wealth redistribution of America – those who profited from this agreement were not Americans – shut that ‘back door’ and bolt it!

• JustSomeInputFromAz says:

“who is to blame for this monstrosity of a trade deal’

Bush 1 and Clinton and the money behind them….

• duchess01 says:

Ah, Just – I knew Clinton signed it, but I did not know it began with Daddy Bush – well that makes sense – globalist traitors – bet they were making big bucks while Americans were losing their jobs and homes!

• Beenthere says:

Pappa Bush’s father was a schmuck too!————– Actually that whole Bush family line is made of of schmucks.

• rashamon says:

It began with Ronald Reagan who suggested that Congress pass the Trade and Tariff Act of 1984 giving him “fast-track” authority to pass free-trade agreements. The U.S.-Canada Free Trade agreement was signed in 1988. Renegotiations of Mexico’s agreement on tariffs was started under GHW Bush with NAFTA signed in 1992, approved by Congress by late 1993, and signed into law by Clinton in December of 1993. The Globalists did not anticipate the sucking sound despite Perot’s early advice and ultimate entry into the Presidential campaign where he warned all American citizens many times over.

• duchess01 says:

Excellent summary, rash! Had the US made a bilateral agreement with Mexico – NAFTA would not have been needed – however, globalist GHWB did not want that!

• Matt says:

Does anyone else remember the MSM making fun of Ross Perot when he claimed that NAFTA would create a “Giant sucking sound” in regards to manufacturing? He might have escaped from the Looney bin, but he was right about that.

• mireilleg says:

I remember, and I agreed with him on that.

• JustSomeInputFromAz says:

“He might have escaped from the Looney bin”

Why do you say that(?), he personally funded a rescue mission to get his employees out of Iran after their Ayatollah Revolution.

IMO Candidate Trump was Ross Perot on steroids, meaning Candidate Trump knew which better buttons to push.

BR

• jmuniz1 says:

I voted for Ross Perot. If he had not stopped campaigning he would have won. He was right. I never voted for a Bush again after I heard Bush 1 say after he was elected that we are going to build a New World Order. We got lucky this time that Trump dropped 16 candidates all of them globalist except for Rand,Huckabee, Santorum, and Carson. believe or not Christ Christie but no of them could beat Hillary only Trump. However, they were all horrible candidates anyway.Trump is a businessman and used to be a democrat and an actor. Sounds familiar because Reagan was the same.Plus they both had no donors. Reagan’s problem was that after 1996 he was old and the Bushes took over and that’s when we started going downhill. The Heritage foundation and the senate conservative funds are contaminated. Never vote for anyone endorsed by the Senate Conservative fund they are open boarder neo-cons.

• Fe says:

Oh yes, clearly remember it. I had a discussion with my congressman at the time and asked him not to endorse NAFTA. He was patronizing and said it will be a good thing for the United States. If I ever see this man again, I’ll remind him of his remarks and tell him looks like he was flat out wrong and I was right. The jerk. 😡

• JustSomeInputFromAz says:

• woodstuff says:

Your comment reminds me of an older song. Shut the Door/Shut De Do.

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

I never stopped to look at the labels, but when our electric range needed an element, Sears ordered it, ‘product of Mexico’ and I asked them, Don’t you have any made in America??? NO! All of them come from Mexico! Doesn’t even matter what brand, they are all made in Mexico!

I wonder if the parts to make those parts came from China?

• duchess01 says:

Quite possible, woods! The guys in the car service and repair station where I have gone for 15 years – were talking – they said the “cheap” and “poorly made” parts have cost them time and money – they break or don’t fit properly – people are angry and bring cars back – they say it is because of where they are made – because of this people blame them – we need to make them in America!

America loses in more ways than one!

God Bless President Trump for his insistence they be ‘Made in America’!
        Better quality – better made in America!

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

Yeah, when hubby works on one of our vehicles, sometimes, he’ll have the thing fixed and then, ka-pluey! He’ll have to take the part back and replace it because it stopped working. The ignition control module about 5 or 6 times over about a four month period and then, of course, there’s the wait time to get the sucker in.

• duchess01 says:

Bummer, woods! I know the guys at the repair shop are ‘peeved’ – makes them look bad – and they are great mechanics, too – it is so frustrating for them working with subpar parts – cannot wait until they are ‘Made in America’ again!

• woodstuff says:

backwoodsgirl, During the 90’s, I went to an unusual store in Arlington, TX called Incredible Universe, (started by Tandy Corp, which also owned Radio Shack). At the time it was the biggest store I had seen. They had most all brands of everything.

I was in the market for a stove and started to look at the basic stamping of the sheet metal tops and sides. Most all were identical, except for the colors and some were stainless. There were different controls and doors, but not much else. USA brand names but not made in the USA.

5. Assembling parts can be as simple as turning a few screws or plugging in a connector.

• duchess01 says:

Not if they are foreign-made, Soldier! If they don’t fit; you must quit buying them!

• woodstuff says:

I agree with you, but some things are simply not made in the USA. Factories have been leaving since the end of World War II.

• duchess01 says:

Maybe, that has to change – there used to be a very productive GM plant here – and they had their own parts division here as well – when manufacturing jobs went overseas – the plant began laying off workers – the parts division did as well –

I believe it will live again – and be bigger and better than it was prior to NAFTA – but, hey that is just me!

6. no-nonsense-nancy says:

What’s with that woman? She seemed to want a fight.

7. Sunshine says:

Wilburine, a brilliant man. I really enjoyed when he said steel will be dealt with after the auto parts issue. How they must be freaking out on the other side!

8. JustSomeInputFromAz says:

Secretary Ross wrote a good op ed on this Auto Parts subject in the Washington Post 2 days ago, yeah I know the Post.

Anyway, watched this interview and continue to be thankful that Secretary Ross has decided to contribute his unique talents to MAGA.

9. So the Tech Titans oppose Trump at every turn.

Who thinks Wilburine will be putting Tech IP at the top of the list for trade action?

“It’s a matter of timing” = We’ll have time to seek IP protections when the Tech industry stops wasting the Administration’s time battling these enemies within.

10. Borealis says:

Speaking as a Canadian, I would like to with Secretary Wilburine and his cohorts all the best in their efforts to nuke the NAFTA deal. The original Canada-US Free Trade agreement (Reagan and Mulroney) seemed to be a good deal (at least, my 18-year old self thought so as he prepared to vote in his first-ever election), but NAFTA is a globalist nightmare, and I want it crushed like an ant under a sledgehammer.

Then I want to move my family to the US, of course, where you at least have a sane leader, unlike us.

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

Mr. Borealis, Canada can have a great President too! But I’m gonna tell you that it takes a lot of blood, sweat, tears and the major one is prayer!

If you are a person of Faith, then might I suggest that you don’t give up just yet?

I learned some very important principles to prayer, that I was grateful I caught on to early.

1. Be persistent.

Luke 11:5-10 AMPC
      (5)  And He said to them, Which of you who has a friend will go to him at midnight and will say to him, Friend, lend me three loaves [of bread],
      (6)  For a friend of mine who is on a journey has just come, and I have nothing to put before him;
      (7)  And he from within will answer, Do not disturb me; the door is now closed, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot get up and supply you [with anything]?
      (8)  I tell you, although he will not get up and supply him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his shameless persistence and insistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs.
      (9)  So I say to you, Ask and keep on asking and it shall be given you; seek and keep on seeking and you shall find; knock and keep on knocking and the door shall be opened to you.
      (10)  For everyone who asks and keeps on asking receives; and he who seeks and keeps on seeking finds; and to him who knocks and keeps on knocking, the door shall be opened.

2. Be earnest.

James 5:13-18 AMPC
      (13)  Is anyone among you afflicted (ill-treated, suffering evil)? He should pray. Is anyone glad at heart? He should sing praise [to God].
      (14)  Is anyone among you sick? He should call in the church elders (the spiritual guides). And they should pray over him, anointing him with oil in the Lord’s name.
      (15)  And the prayer [that is] of faith will save him who is sick, and the Lord will restore him; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
      (16)  Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].
      (17)  Elijah was a human being with a nature such as we have [with feelings, affections, and a constitution like ours]; and he prayed earnestly for it not to rain, and no rain fell on the earth for three years and six months. [1Ki_17:1]
      (18)  And [then] he prayed again and the heavens supplied rain and the land produced its crops [as usual]. [1Ki_18:42-45]

3. Praise God in the time of trouble and He will deliver you! (thanksgiving is a sacrifice when through the world’s eyes there is nothing to be grateful for!) Now, AFTER God delivers you, you then have a testimony to share with others and that Honors and Glorifies God.

Psalms 50:14-15 AMPC
      (14)  Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High,
      (15)  And call on Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall honor and glorify Me.

4. When you have no faith, ask for it! Go back to Luke 11.

11. SpanglishKC says:

AM I THE ONLY ONE???

I found these clowns a little too familiar with Sec Ross for a TV show. Jackwagons

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

I found it refreshing that the MSM actually treated Ross with respect and were actually carrying on an intelligent interview, rather than attacking Ross or Trump.

12. woodstuff says:

The rude democrat panel always cut Wolverine off before he finished most sentences. This tactic is used to prevent clarity of Wilbur’s response, when he can’t finish. I hate this ruse.

13. john matrix says:

Wow.
    How refreshing to just watch, and listen to our Wilberine!
    Clarity of purpose and intent, working FOR America’s interest, rather than some insane, Marxist ideologue! Or, a self-serving chamber of commerce purchased politician.
    Thank you President Trump for assembling men like this in order to MAGA!

14. n1ghtcr4wler says:

the cnbc moderator is actually pretty good

15. G. Combs says:

Gross domestic product, current prices (US$, billions)
    1980 ——- 1990 ——- 2000 —— 2011 —— 2016
    202.46 .. 390.28 … 1198.48 .. 6988.47 .. 11779.98
    Note that the GDP of China is now 30 times what it was in 1990s when they bribed Bill Clinton to betray the USA. link Remember WTO was the brainchild of Bush I and Clinton got WTO thru congress and then got China into the WTO.

Gross domestic product per capita, current prices (US$)
    1980 ——– 1990 ——- 2000 —— 2011 —- 2016
    205.12 …. 341.35 …. 945.6 …. 5183.86 … 8522.86

Volume of imports of goods and services (% change)
    1980 —— 1990 —– 2000 —- 2011 —- 2016
    17.38 … -16.88 …. 24.8 …. 16.52 …. 14.78
    Note the NEGATIVE in 1990.

The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 leading to the killing of at least several hundred unarmed students. The USA responded with economic sanctions by the United States and it’s allies. Clinton, after receiving campaign contributions from China in 1995, rewarded China with Most Favored Nation Status, WTO membership and access to our technology, as well as nuclear and military secrets.
    ……..

Put China’s Intellectual Property Theft in a Larger Context (A good explanation of China’s theft of patents and trade secrets by multiple means.)

From the IMF, the result of those three Decades of theft from the USA.

…New convergence and strengthened interdependence coincide with a third trend, relating to income distribution. In many countries the distribution of income has become more unequal, and the top earners’ share of income in particular has risen dramatically. In the United States the share of the top 1 percent has close to tripled over the past three decades, now accounting for about 20 percent of total U.S. income (Alvaredo and others, 2012). At the same time, while the new convergence mentioned above has reduced the distance between advanced and developing economies when they are taken as two aggregates…

• G. Combs says:

Communism was a Bankster/Aristocracy construct from the get-go. link

Congressman McFadden point blank addresses that in Congress.
      Congressman McFadden on the Federal Reserve Corporation Remarks in Congress, 1934
      It is quite long so here is the inportant paragraph.

[…]”These twelve private credit monopolies were deceitfully and disloyally foisted upon this Country by the bankers who came here from Europe and repaid us our hospitality by undermining our American institutions. Those bankers took money out of this Country to finance Japan in a war against Russia. They created a reign of terror in Russia with our money in order to help that war along. They instigated the separate peace between Germany and Russia, and thus drove a wedge between the allies in World War. They financed Trotsky’s passage from New York to Russia so that he might assist in the destruction of the Russian Empire. They fomented and instigated the Russian Revolution, and placed a large fund of American dollars at Trotsky’s disposal in one of their branch banks in Sweden so that through him Russian homes might be thoroughly broken up and Russian children flung far and wide from their natural protectors. They have since begun breaking up of American homes and the dispersal of American children.[…]

Never forget the Banksters involved the USA in China’s Century of Humiliation as well as the atrocities the Japanese visited upon China. The Chinese certainly haven’t forgotten!
      China Picks at the Scab to Keep the Wound Fresh
      “….The current Chinese leader, Xi Jinping, is the first of the “heirs” to take power. As the son of a communist general who fought the Japanese and the Nationalists, he is a princeling, a member of the new hereditary aristocracy. A passage from an essay by the Australian defense analyst Paul Monk is very telling on the subject of what President Xi intends for Asia’s near future:”

In any case, Xi Jinping, despite his genial smile, good English, and familiarity with the United States, is no reforming liberal. Shortly after assuming the presidency, he took all the members of his politburo with him to the bizarre museum the Party has built in Tiananmen Square – the museum of national humiliation and revival. He pointed out to them the exhibits showing the arrival of the Jesuits via Macao in the sixteenth century and how this had been the beginning of the infiltration and humiliation of China by the West. He pointed out the exhibits showing the Japanese invasions of China and making the unfounded assertion that the Japanese were defeated by the Communist Party with a little help from “good” Nationalist generals. The Americans, he said, then became the enemy. “Against this external enemy,” he told China’s inner group of top leaders, “we must stick together.”
      (wwwDOT)americanthinker.com/articles/2014/04/china_picks_at_the_scab_to_keep_the_wound_fresh.html

Unfortunately President Trump is facing this century’s long hatred started by England and her Opium Wars with China.
      Lessons of history: China’s century of humiliation:
      The repercussions of British opportunism in China during the Opium Wars can be felt in geopolitics even today

• G. Combs says:

——- CONTINUED ——-

Don’t forget the Banksters worked the other 1/2 of the equation too, by taking over the Transnational Corporations. To add insult to injury they used the pensions and savings of the Middle class (aka Mutual Funds) to do it.

January 29, 1989 New York TImes

[…]
        Of mergers and acquisitions each costing $1 million or more, there were just 10 in 1970; in 1980, there were 94; in 1986, there were 346. A third of such deals in the 1980’s were hostile. The 1980’s also saw a wave of giant leveraged buyouts. Mergers, acquisitions and L.B.O.’s, which had accounted for less than 5 percent of the profits of Wall Street brokerage houses in 1978, ballooned into an estimated 50 percent of profits by 1988[…]

THROUGH ALL THIS, THE HISTORIC RELATIONSHIP between product and paper has been turned upside down. Investment bankers no longer think of themselves as working for the corporations with which they do business. These days, corporations seem to exist for the investment bankers[….]

In fact, investment banks are replacing the publicly held industrial corporations as the largest and most powerful economic institutions in America.[…]

THERE ARE SIGNS THAT A VICIOUS spiral has begun, as each corporate player seeks to improve its standard of living at the expense of another’s.

Corporate raiders transfer to themselves, and other shareholders, part of the income of employees by forcing the latter to agree to lower wages.

The Network of Global Corporate Control

Derived from same paper: Exposing the Financial Core of the Transnational Capitalist Class — Names the actual CEOs and board members.
        >>>>>>>>>>

I am not sure exactly what actual control the Banksters still have over Communist China. About a year or two ago there was some discussion @ Jo Nova’s of China doing a take over of a Western Bank but I didn’t keep the links unfortunately.

Interesting Times indeed.

16. Jefff says:

Wilbur Ross DEFLECTS several subtle attempts at CNBC “GOTCHA ” Questions . Even a ” You didn’t answer my question “…question from the INFO BABE .

Wolverine Ross answered the question by not giving it credence !!

THE MOST revealing of all is the sundown of TPA in 2018 . TPA was FAST TRACK handing the power for trade negotiation and treaties FROM CONGRESS over to the COMMIE OBAMMIE to complete goal #45 of the Communist goals to destroy America from within .

“45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.” ~ http://www.rense.com/general32/americ.htm

a bit of history and context in the links .

So we FF to the NOW !!!

As the UNIPARTY has been fully EXPOSED by PRESIDENT TRUMP for the frauds they are we move to the next phase .

FULL SPECULATION AND CONJECTURE here …this shitte is all my own !!

Q …If I were a commie in the UNIPARTY what would I do to finish off America ?

A. I would have John McCain announce MEDICARE FOR ALL AMERICANS !! Single payer government run Health care for ALL !!

President Trump is WINNING just about EVERYTHING . Oh sure the UNIPARTY is doing its best to block the AMERICA FIRST AGENDA . But Trump is winning BIGLY in many ways not reported on the MSM ENEMEDIA .

So what is the goal of MEDICARE FOR ALL AMERICANS BY THE UNIPARTY ?

The implementation of THE COMPLETE LIVES SYSTEM for allocation of scarce Health Care resources . Once an “ENTITLEMENT ” is created it is historically NEVER rescinded .

Obamacare was DESIGNED to destroy the GREATEST HEALTH CARE SYSTEM in the world to present the PRETEXT to go to single payer . The ” progs ” have stated this themselves . The commie Obammie has as well .

Under SINGLE PAYER unelected bureaucrats decide RISK factors to assign premium amounts .

Q . What factor under the COMPLETE LIVES SYSTEM and DEATH PANELS will have the GREATEST RISK / PREMIUMS assigned to it ?

A . Smoking

B . Alcohol use

C . >>>>>>>GUN OWNERSHIP <<<<<<<<<<<

D. Smarty phone usage

If you like your gun you can keep it …THAT IS …IF YOU CAN AFFORD your mandated only option available premiums !!

As the UNIPARTY moves to announce this MEDICARE FOR ALL ……….

President Trump will announce his parallel FREE MARKET health care solution . NEW INSURANCE companies with CAPITAL borrowed from a parallel MAIN STREET BANKING system of community banks and credit unions .

THE GAME IS AFOOT !! SURVIVOR AMERICAN ISLAND …THIS IS TRUMPS " IMMUNITY IDOL " .

17. Missing Andrew says:

18. DeplorablePatriotInCa says:

“It’s a matter of timing, not direction.” We are only eight months into this Presidency. Rome wasn’t built in a day, but it was built. MAGA!