President Trump Announces New Sanctions Against North Korea…

During a luncheon with South Korea (Moon Jae-in) and Japan (Shinzo Abe), U.S. President Donald Trump announces new sanctions against North Korea (Kim Jong-un).

Moments prior to President Trump’s statement, Beijing (China’s Red Dragon ‘old guard’ communists), announced their central bank has instructed all of China’s banks to stop financial transactions with DPRK entities (proxy provincial financial systems).  Beijing (Red Dragon) is attempting to retain their panda mask as an economic necessity to the international community.  President Trump’s economic pressure is unrelenting:

-Panda Sees Lion Tracks In Shrinking Bamboo Forest-

China has no cultural or political space between peace and war; they are a historic nation based on two points of polarity.  Beijing sees peace and war as coexisting with each other. China accepts and believes opposite or contrary forces may actually be complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, and they may give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another.  Flowing between these polar states is a natural dynamic to be used -with serious contemplation- in advancing objectives as needed.

The Chinese objective is to win, to dominate, using economic power.

Peace or war. Win or lose. Yin and Yang. Culturally there is no middle position in dealings with China; they are not constitutionally capable of understanding or valuing the western philosophy of mutual benefit where concession of terms gains a larger outcome.  If it does not benefit China, it is not done. The outlook is simply, a polarity of peace or war.  In politics or economics the same perspective is true.  It is a zero-sum outlook.

President Trump, Commerce Secretary Ross, Treasury Secretary Mnuchin and U.S. Trade Representative Lighthizer, represent the first broad-based national team of economic negotiators who know how to leverage the inherent Chinese economic vulnerability to create national security outcomes.

Nothing Beijing does at this point matters.

We are still in the ‘flak and countermeasures’ stage.

Remember that.

This is the mentality a person must have when confronting China. This is the non-emotional mentality President Trump’s policy displays. Pressure must be unrelenting. China does not understand mutual terms; they hold a zero-sum outlook on all things confrontational. Either they win, or they lose. There is no mutually beneficial terms possible.

China must accept responsibility for the DPRK nukes publicly. That is the goal. When that goal is achieved (via 6 party talk negotiations) then, and only then, is the DPRK problem solved.

Beijing (Red Dragon) is trying to avoid that public responsibility, by retaining their Panda face.

President Trump will not relent, even against the advice of people in his outer circle. They don’t understand. Trump has waited 30 years for this moment. China (red dragon) is in retreat, no-one has ever put Beijing into retreat… The panda mask shield isn’t working… Trump won’t relent…

Trump knows China.

Trump knows how China negotiates.

Trump knows how China thinks.

Trump will smile. Trump will continue diplomatic niceties. Trump will talk warmly and respectfully. However, Trump will not relent.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, China, Communist, Economy, Japan, media bias, N Korea, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, United Nations, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

101 Responses to President Trump Announces New Sanctions Against North Korea…

1. Minnie says:

God bless President Trump 🇺🇸

• Fe says:

Our President is absolutely fearless.

:::Smiling bigly:::

• fleporeblog says:

Minnie I have tears running down my eyes because God has not only blessed President Trump but he has blessed each and every American here today, that have passed on as well as those that will be born in future generations. This man is my HERO! His love for us knows no bounds.

I love that at the end he said we need to talk about trade! It brings a HUGE smile to my face because he and us have ALL the Leverage in the world right now! That POS from South Korea that once was refusing our THAAD missiles has to pay the PIPER. A $15 Billion Dollar LNG deal is just the tip of the iceberg.

This is MAFIA style! You have to pay for our protection and you better like it. This is WINNING on steroids. I can take this type of winning every single day of the week and twice on Sunday!

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Grateful Hearts, We Have.

Thank You, Lord, for our President Trump and the American-First Dream Team.

2. Fran says:

I love the photo of Trump at the bottom of the post (center) in the Oval Office. The adults are in charge now.

3. davecatbone says:

I trust President Trump to have our back in all things. The Outer Circle we keep seeing pearls clutched over, only serve as balancing opinions. Trump keeps his own council. North Korea, Health Care bill, Alabama election….I trust the man. More than I ever will any so called Republican.

4. sundance says:

5. susanphd says:

great stuff. love reading your analysis on this topic

6. susanphd says:

p.s. what is the meaning of a “panda mask?” like a cute and cuddley teddy bear type of metaphor?

• jrapdx says:

Yes, it means giving the appearance of “cute and cuddly” while underneath the real entity, the “red dragon” lurks, preparing to assault perceived enemies. IOW it’s deceitful and we must not be fooled by it or go along with it.

7. sundance says:

• MVW says:

Again, remind Treepers Sundance’s insight, India played against China. So Huge. Pivot to India = Massive leverage. Plus so many other vulnerable Chinese interests, for example, Taiwan, S China Sea, Viet Nam, etc. And Hong Kong Chinese hedging movement to invest in the US. Influence by the HK Chinese is Huge.

8. Wayne says:

Blessed be the man (President Donald J. Trump) as he goes about righting the American ship that has been tilting Left for years. He needs our support more than ever. Go Mr. President. May the Lord bless and protect you, your family and the USA.

9. sundance says:

10. MM says:

Terrific article.

11. spacette55 says:

Scott Adams predicted Economic Warfare in this video a few hours ago

• MaineCoon says:

Just have to say Scott Adams is late to the party. Sundance told us this weeks if not several months ago (can’t remember the date of the first article).

Yah, SA is late to the party. Credit goes to SD! Again!

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Yup. SD was WAY ahead of the curve on this stuff.

The thing that I find most enlightening about Scott’s talk is how “Rocket Man” was used as a persuasion tool. That is pretty neat.

AND it showed me how the Nork rockets need to be understood as an ALINSKY FEAR. Trump deflated them to what they truly are – a terrible liability which can get North Korea into serious trouble, like a gun in the hands of an irresponsible owner. Who has just lost his “fear prestige” as the cops surround the house.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I finally took the time to watch this video and I’m really glad I did. The first half of it was just excellent because it looked at depth into why the Rocket Man tag is powerful as a tool, and brilliant.

I got it that it was a way to belittle Li’l Kim, but there are lots of ways to do that. The selection and use of Rocket Man in particular, with its association to the song about a man isolated in space, was just brilliant because it is memorable and removes the prestige and pride Li’l Kim must have felt.

The second half of the video was fine, but Sundance has explained it all much better and in greater detail.

I continue to be in absolute awe over the brilliance of PDJT. You’d think I’d get used to it, but every time he just amazes me.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

This shows just how WRONG Ben Rhodes was on “Rocket Man”.

It’s ironic. Rhodes is like a sophomore laughing at freshman journalists, and calling distinguished prof Trump “wrong”. Whoops.

• scott467 says:

I was waiting for Scott Adams’ take on the “Rocket Man” linguistic kill shot.

I knew it was intended as a kill shot because that’s what DJT does (I found Adams’ website during the election campaign, and learned about his linguistic kill shots for Low Energy Jeb, Lyin’ Ted, Little Marco and Crooked Hillary as they were happening).

I also knew about the ‘isolation’ theme in the song “Rocket Man”.

But it is the mockery that makes it work, and that is a variation on an Alinsky theme. It’s a combination of at least four of the 12 “Rules for Radicals”:

…………………………………….
      Rule 5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.“
      There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

Rule 6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.“
      They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.

Rule 8. “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.“
      Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.

Rule 12. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.“
      Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.
      …………………………………….

It also occurs to me that DJT could use this same strategy to utterly destroy the UniParty.

When The Big Ugly begins, DJT reveals to the world (and, primarily, to the American People) the fraud that has been perpetrated on the American People, the fallacy of false choice / false dilemma presented by Dems and Cons, when they are really just two sides of the same coin, the same team.

It’s like finding out that the biggest rivalry in college football, e.g., the Ohio State Buckeyes vs. the Michigan Wolverines, was all a fraud. It will be like finding out that both teams / schools are owned by the same people, and the games were all rigged.

To say that people are going to be upset by this deception, by this fraud, is a cosmic understatement.

Then, once the UniParty is exposed before the whole nation, DJT can do as he did with China, and say “Hey, you guys created all this mess, you have been playing both sides against the middle (the American People), and now that your secret is out, I sure hope you can fix it, because the American People are watching. And if you don’t fix all the things you’ve screwed up, then we’re gonna have to.”

The UniParty won’t be able to fix anything, they don’t even know how to try, and they will be operating under a hailstorm of hate and accusations and scorn from the American People to the point that they will be paralyzed anyway, so DJT can highlight their ongoing failures just as he is doing with China’s failure to reign in the Norks.

After the failure is fully set and the American Peoples’ fury at the UniParty is at high boil, DJT uses a linguistic ‘kill shot’ to mock and humiliate the entire UniParty into impotent obscurity. Every single incumbent challenger will simply echo DJT’s observations and mockery, and the UniParty will be powerless to say or do anything in response.

And the exact same plan can be used to destroy the globalists.

Expose them, make the main players famous, get their mug-shots like the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted.

Show the world how bad the top-globalists have screwed up the entire civilized world with their designs and hubris.

Challenge the top-globalists to fix it, while the whole world watches their impotence.

Mock them into oblivion. Make it so that the most powerful people in the world, once hidden to the public, cannot even go out of their palatial estates without being ridiculed and having the public descend on them like locusts.

These same tactics which the enemy (Leftists, globalists) have used against us can also be used against them.

And DJT understands all about how to do it.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Scott, I finally watched the video as I commented upthread. Your analysis of the video was just terrific. Spot on!

And I agree, PDJT can do the same sort of thing with the UniParty and he may have to as part of the Big Ugly if they don’t come along and play nicely.

• Blacksmith8 says:

I’m thinking Dogbert is a regular reader at the Treehouse

12. MaineCoon says:

President Trump’s noose is closing around the panda’s neck. 6-nation meeting will be announcing relatively so I think.

Bravo PT was saying many countries have dropped the ball in not handling this before not just US’s bad nameless president.

13. wolfmoon1776 says:

QUOTED FOR ESSENTIAL TRUTH:

Trump knows China.

Trump knows how China negotiates.

Trump knows how China thinks.

I think Trump’s inner people don’t just get it – they TOTALLY get it. His Wolverines are THE BEST. I’ve been watching them, and they are seeing that Trump was RIGHT about a lot of stuff that was NOT accepted in globalist / “free” trade orthodoxy. They pick up on it a lot faster than lesser people. Their strong and supportive re-articulation of Trump-think in new terms shows that (1) they get it, and (2) they know it works.

Bottom line – everybody was being pushed around by the paper dragon with its little fire-starting Rocket boy. Well, who REALLY needs to be afraid of fire?

• jrapdx says:

You’re absolutely right, Trump’s team “gets it” and act in concert to make the positive outcome happen. If only the media would cooperate and help, at least not interfere in making negotiations successful. A guy can dream, but I guess that’s too much to ask for…

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I think the left is absolutely desperate to keep their voters in the dark about Trump’s effectiveness. Their ENTIRE worldview depends on making people believe things that are not true. So there is no way they can even TALK about the truth, much less help Trump win.

The way for us to win on this is to get a few columnists into major papers who can “do the explainer” for Trump. The left will rail, but eventually people will walk off the leftist fantasy plantation on their own. As the minds running the plantations change to contemplate the truth, they will also see that it is in their interest to HELP others see the truth, but probably never to help negotiations per se. That may indeed be too much to ask for.

• gfgustav says:

Meh… don’t worry about the MSM. All they and Hollywood do, is continue to showcase their respective irrelevance. When this stuff actually begins to come to fruition, a lot of heads will explode, and it will be glorious to see. Trump is amazing.

14. Pam says:

15. filia.aurea says:

China has never negotiated with the caliber of men on P.Trump’s team before. They deserve it.

16. SandraOpines says:

I need to tell Sundance a hearty Thank You for all of the foreign political analysis. I have never paid attention to these things until I started following Treehouse about 2 years ago.

This stuff is fascinating. Brought to life by the words of Sundance.

Major kudos!

17. Fingolfin says:

Interesting how Abe calls PDJT “Donald” – is that Japanese custom for US Presidents or special just for him/between them? Kind of like it (assuming it’s special rather than custom)!

• MaineCoon says:

Secretary Mnuchin and his department must be very, very busy these days. I expect the panda will call the 6-nation conference sooner rather than later. These sanctions are vry strong with devasting consequences mostly for NoKo but others will be affected also.

18. Glad I’m old enough and wise enough to realize that I’m watching a man chosen by his people and God. While others around me are horrified about PDJT Rocket Man comment I laugh. I tried to explain in laymen terms but they just can’t get the blinders off. They’d rather have him than Hillary but says hes’ an embarrassment. I say get a sense of humor, Trump certainly has one and that is one of the reason’s we voted for him.
    ABSOLUTELY LOVE OUR PRESIDENT. PRAYERS HE STAYS SAFE.

• Minnie says:

Well done, standing by your side.

Let President Trump be President Trump, I don’t think I could take it if he wasn’t!

• MaineCoon says:

Most people will not understand all this unless they read Sundance’s articles. I didn’t even try to explain it to my sister when she showed concern that PT would take us to war. I just firmly said there wouldn’t be war and that PT would bring the country to their knees via their economy. She will ponder that and watch it play out. That’s the best I can do considering her dislike PT, but I keep reminding her that her 401K keeps going up. That’s helps.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Look upthread – that Scott Adams explainer video on why “Rocket Man” was a genius negotiating move PROVES that you are WISE to trust Trump!!!

• nimrodman says:

ysthat, do you direct your sister (and others to whom you try to explain) to the Treehouse so they can read for themselves?

or do you hold Treehouse close to the vest so they don’t know where you’re getting your answers?

For me – I hold Treehouse close to the vest. I only direct like-minded conservatives here.

I don’t want The Left to see our answers and insights and strategy any more than the few stragglers that wander in or are directed here for oppo research. Plus, we don’t need any more trolls than we’re already suffering.

• Sylvia Avery says:

For me, PDJT’s sense of humor was an acquired taste. It seemed a little rough around the edges, a little clumsy.

But as my appreciation for him grew, I began to feel affection, now outright love, and now I think he is hilarious. If I could give him a big old Gene Huber style bear hug I’d be all over him weeping tears of gratitude on his red tie.

• nimrodman says:

I used to say “Sure he’s a bit of a buffoon … but maybe that’s what America needs just now”

And those who only see the buffoon – and not the smarts behind it – seriously underestimate the man. And I mean seriously.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Oh yes, most definitely. I was guilty of underestimating him. In fact I think I still am.

I still don’t think I grasp how brilliant he really is, because even when I believe he has something handled I am always surprised by how he does it and how effortless he makes it look. The man is incredible.

I just laugh at the talking heads on TV who think they are so smart and they STILL don’t see, can’t even begin to see, the level that PDJT is operating at.

• nimrodman says:

• nimrodman says:

… sorry, don’t know how that double post happened. I’m travelling and on a strange wifi router … yeah, that’s the ticket … wifi router … like with a cloth …

• nimrodman says:

• NC PATRIOT says:

My late husband was a rough around the edges alpha male also. I grew to love his totally un-PC sense of humor. So I IMMEDIATELY recognized and loved PDJT’s style.

Add to that he is a brilliant pragmatist——with a heart. Very proud of our President !

• Oh Sylvia that’s such a lovely statement. It is an acquired taste. Gid blessed me with a great sense of humor do I’ve done a LOT of laughing since 2015

• CiscoKid says:

I too like the RocketMan comment.
      I see it this way, PDJT is giving Kim the needle.
      Kim is so accustomed to be worshipped as a living god, I know this gets under his skin.
      How dare anyone make fun of him?
      🇺🇸👊🇺🇸

19. Here’s a link to a lengthy September 15th article about North Korea – China relations. North Korea has become an increasingly big problem for China. The article provides interesting insights, some of which had not occurred to me.

Meanwhile, China is asserting even more claims in the South China Sea.

20. duchess01 says:

Press Briefing with Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin
    New York, NY
    Start time 3:00 PM EDT

• duchess01 says:

I love Secretary Mnuchin – articulate and intelligent in his presentation – non-nonsense answers to idiotic questions – they assume what has been done year-to-date with respect to sanctions has not worked – what is wrong with you people?

He provided perfectly understandable financial information – and yet – they ask him about the military option – they just don’t get it!

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I love him, too – an absolutely BRILLIANT Trump hire. I also defend the heck out of his wife, who suffers just like Ivanka under calculated mega-shade thrown by the shady left. The left can’t really attack Mnuchin, so they go after his wife. SHAME!

21. i'm just sayin'.. says:

I’m very proud of our President, his team and our country!
    Thanks SD for your lucid, sane and accurate commentary!

22. sundance says:

23. Paco Loco says:

The Trump administration needs protection from the swamp and the DoJ is nowhere to be found. Sessions is pathetic and maybe the worst AG since John Mitchell under Nixon. His push for expanded asset seizure just went down (as its unconstitutional) and it’s becoming clear he is incapable of protecting POTUS from the nasty probes into his family and the 2016 campaign. Instead of going after Obama and all of his dirty tricks, good old boy Jeff is stuck on stupid.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Gonna let you in on a little secret. If these people think they can get rid of Trump from a FULL two-term presidency using the tainted, despicable Mueller process, they have another thing coming.

• Alison says:

Paco Loco – are you stuck on repeat? History is being made right in front of your eyes! I can’t, for the life of me, understand why you refuse to be part of winning. And why do you try so hard to convert us to ‘doom & gloom’? It won’t work!

Get a grip. Seriously. If President Trump isn’t worried, why are you?

• Paco Loco says:

…..because I know that there is extreme evil in this world continuously trying to overthrow the forces for good. This is a world of dualities. I celebrate with you the Trump administration’s smart foreign policy that is rearranging the chess board in Asia. The devious bastards that are plotting to take down Pres. Trump and his family seem to never rest and that worries me.

• Fe says:

Paco Loco….yes there is extreme evil in this world, but God will limit how far they can go. I am more than convinced that Almighty God has had his hand (and still does, he is anointed) on Donald J Trump throughout his entire life, gaining and perfecting the skills needed to become the President who will rescue America and make her great again. Stop worrying about evil and what evil does. Instead pray that the Lord will use his servant Donald J Trump to continue to expose their duplicity. They will not succeed in ruining anything but their own lives and reputations.

• iswhatitis says:

Paco Loco says –> “While all of this amazing MAGA Trump foreign policy in action, effectively taking down the despotic NORK regime, and manipulating the Chinese to change their position on Kim, the fascist Deep State and the Shadow Government are actively trying to destroy DJT via Mueller and the MSM. …”

Okay.

So let’s say, for sake of argument, that you are correct.

Soooo… what should we do? Jump off the Train?

That’s isn’t going to happen. Whatever will happen WILL happen; but I am going to ride the Train until it stops.

I just don’t see the good in complaining about the stuff you are complaining about.

Donald Trump is our one and best chance to “right the ship”; and you what? Want to hop off because there are adversaries about? Or.. what? What’s your point, really?

It simply makes zero sense to me to have that outlook.

If the Train is going to stop short, then it is what it is – but we won’t know that until we get there, and I’ll be riding it until then. If you think that, what, being “concerned” about these other distractions somehow helps, then power to you.

I think it’s a negative waste of breath and time.

I’d rather hope and pray that all these naysayers will be eating crow.

• You left out that Sessions wants to take us back to 1960s and start going after Kids with pot in their pockets again…. I began to get suspicious of him the very day that he recused himself. But, I wanted to give him some time…..

I gave him some time…..You are right, Jeff Sessions is pathetic and should make this easy on our President:

Resign!

24. scott467 says:

“Peace or war. Win or lose. Yin and Yang. Culturally there is no middle position in dealings with China; they are not constitutionally capable of understanding or valuing the western philosophy of mutual benefit where concession of terms gains a larger outcome. If it does not benefit China, it is not done. The outlook is simply, a polarity of peace or war. In politics or economics the same perspective is true. It is a zero-sum outlook.”

_________________

Every time you talk about this, I am struck by how awful it is. It’s horrific. Imagine an entire culture acting this way, devoid of even the most basic principles of cooperation.

If your description is accurate, no one in China can have a friend, or even understand the meaning of friendship, all there can be is one person taking advantage of the other, zero-sum, win or lose.

There can be no concept of ‘love’, every relationship between a man and woman is zero-sum, either he uses and takes advantage of her, or she uses and takes advantage of him.

Same goes for children. No doubt that’s how the cycle of abuse is perpetuated.

None of that makes any sense. I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I am saying that what you’re saying doesn’t make any sense.

I don’t understand how an entire culture that doesn’t make any sense can be successful.

Suppose you have a philosophy of zero-sum, win or lose. I have a vast territory, with plenty of room for you and your people. I propose a win-win situation where your people work with my people and we all benefit, or I can wipe your people out.

Based on your philosophy, my generosity and willingness to cooperate is not just rejected, it is not even comprehended. So you choose to be wiped out, and I wipe out your entire culture. Everybody.

The end.

That is a VERY unsuccessful coping strategy for life on earth.

And that is why it doesn’t make any sense. If that was really China’s philosophy, China would not still exist today. Because you can’t go through life, millennia after millennia, with the attitude of “I get everything I want and you get nothing” without eventually encountering someone bigger and badder than yourself. And at that point, if all you accept is zero-sum, win or lose, then you LOSE.

China is still here.

Ergo, something in your equation is not adding up.

• Jlwary says:

It’s only the people in power who “matter, ” that think in zero-sum terms. The “yin and yang” is those who run China. Not the people, per se. So, on top of POTUS poking the Panda, the elite Chinese have been forced to straddle that yin and yang for a crash course in seeing gray. SD has mentioned all those billions of Chinese constituents who have been brought up to the middle class, or otherwise have had their lives improved, with China’s economy, and will not take kindly if their leadership thrusts them back down.

That’s how I understand it.

Ask yourself if you are viewing this particular analysis from a western perspective, rather than through an eastern lens. It makes no sense to us, but to the Chinese, perhaps it does.

25. GaryT ✓ᴺᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃˡᶦˢᵗ🇺🇸 says:

♫♪ Rocket man … burning out his fuse up here alone ♪ …
    [video src="https://i.imgtc.com/EGYTupz.mp4" /]

26. Mike diamond says:

Kim Jung in is going down! Some one needs to rewright the Elton john song rocket man!