There has been much written about the downside consequences from Prime Minister Theresa May’s decision to call for a snap election and lose conservative seats.   However, in an unexpected twist of fate, the coalition outcome is even more conservative than before.

The Tory party (traditional conservatives), with 218 seats, have struck a deal with the Democrat Unionist Party (DUP) of Northern Ireland, 10 seats and considered the British version of “far-right”, resulting in an even more conservative coalition governing body than before the election.

The resulting alignment is now sending the British liberal social justice crowd into fits of LGBTQ(fill in the necessary missing constants) collective apoplectic rage.  Cue the audio/visual snowflake demonstration:

Obviously, all political policies of consequence will not be social, they will be economic; as the challenge will be to construct the financial BREXIT escape from the clutches of the collective EU.

This entry was posted in Brexit, Christian Values, Economy, European Union, Legislation, media bias, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Trade Deal, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

140 Responses to U.K Snap Election Results in Even More Conservative Coalition – Sending Social Justice Brits into Fits …

1. BobBoxBody says:

This may very well be the best result possible. Sargon had a pretty good video about how May and the Tories screwed up a sure victory against the Labour Party. Clearly, their own government has a swamp that’s in dire need of draining.

• olderwiser21 says:

I love this guy! I have watched him before and am glad to see him featured here on CTH. Smart cookie!

• Wend says:

He’s great isn’t he?

• cyn3wulf says:

He’s very smart, and he’s definitely worth listening to when it concerns politics as long as you keep in mind that he is a Satanist.

• rjcylon says:

Former, years ago. He did a video explaining why Satanism is a crock and marketing scam.

• thetinfoilhatsociety says:

He’s not a Satanist. He’s an atheist Pagan. He used to be a Satanist and states he used it to undo the Christian programming.

• cyn3wulf says:

I knew he was an atheist, but I did not know he had left Satanism as a philosophy. The point is, while his videos are informative and well worth watching (I certainly have benefited from doing so), it would not do for the viewer to assume that he is coming from the same place as most Trump supporters as he most definitely not.

• cherrybark says:

He is a very interesting guy. I consider myself fairly informed on politics and world affairs but he embarrasses me with my own ignorance on several topics, the relationship between Middle East countries being the latest example. May his influence spread among his generation.

• aredtailblog says:

To be fair, Sargon had a bit of a freak out over the Tories siding with DUP and getting more right wing. If this results in Brexit and a reduction of Muslims pulling the strings in the country, fair enough.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

I no longer listen to anything Sargon has to say. I saw a few of his videos then there was one where he said he has no use for conservatives. He does not like “right wingers” for that matter. He believes liberalism is correct. His problem is with the crazies who have taken over the left. He does not like our President either.

• keeler says:

To each their own, but…

Sargon aligns himself with classical liberalism. He is opposed to a socialism and the Social Justice Warrior mentality. He has said he doesn’t really care for Donald Trump, but preferred him over Hillary Clinton, defends most of Trump’s major policy positions, and pushes back against the fake news narratives which target the President.

He is and remains an ardent supporter of Brexit. He is critical of mass and uncontrolled immigration. He believes that those who run governments are out of touch with the working classes. He opposes globalism.

Yes, when it comes to economic and some social issues, he’s left of us. However, he shares the same set of core values.

If one believes in the value of hearing from the other side, then he’s a good one to hear from.

• cyn3wulf says:

Indeed. Quite a few classical liberals have become unmoored from the Left and have found quite a bit of common ground with conservatives, particularly in the area of free speech. Dave Rubin is another example.

2. Sanj says:

Oh the plans of mice and men…..

3. Sylvia Avery says:

Well WOW! That’s great news. I haven’t been paying close attention to the fall out since Theresa May lost seats. Everything I have heard has been doom, gloom, and “Soft Brexit” which looks a lot like Remaining, so thanks for this. I’ll retune my interest meter in the UK!

• Christine says:

Hi Sylvia. I share your concerns about a “Soft Brexit”.

I understand that in Brexit negotiations, DUP wish to prioritise economic factors over rampant uncontrolled immigration from third world Islamic countries. Also, it suggests to me they may push for UK to continue contributing $Billions to the EU even after Brexit is complete, to access the EU’s single market.

The word “Unionist” sends shivers down my spine. Here in Australia, Unions are thuggish Left wing Labor parties, intent on crushing or colluding with Government + private enterprise, to push out non-Unionised competition, with (studies show) prices rising 30% as a consequence. They wield far more power than the 12% of Australian Union members they represent. Unions are far more powerful here, than USA. UK PM Margaret Thatcher had to smash their grip on power, when she became PM a few decades ago, to save the UK from financial oblivion.

BUT, Sundance’s article has given me hope the Conservatives won’t be dragged to the Left with this coalition, given that hysterical hyperventilating of the little snowflake manlet.

** And when will they stop with this “marriage equality” furphy? UK, Australia etc already have marriage equality. All marriage laws apply equally to all. I can’t marry the same sex, my parents or siblings or a child under 16 any less or more than anyone else in the country. **Sheeeesh**.

• covfefe mariner says:

I suspect that “Unionists” in Ireland refers to union between themselves and Great Britain.

• Christine says:

Excellent point, covfefe mariner. I will research further. Awesome if you’re correct!

• Ed says:

That is exactly what it means. The Unionist Party is much more conservative than the Conservative Party.They will pull the conservatives right.

• Christine says:

Thank you Ed! Fantastic news! This week just got off to an awesome start.

It shows how badly Australian Unionists have poisoned the word for me, given my immediate (incorrect) assumption. Delighted to be proven wrong on this.

• Bruce says:

You must be very young Christine. Most old Australians who have any idea about Northern Ireland, especially Ulster, know what a ‘Unionist’ is. Not just we Catholics but others who were potentially victims of the IRA. (If you’re ever in Sydney visit the spectacular Waverley cemetery with its memorial to the Irish ‘martyrs’. In my day we were called ‘Tykes’ and still kept a lot of Irish traditions, now not so much.)

The DUP was founded by Reverend Ian Paisley. Now, bear with me when I say that we Catholics often sympathised with Bernadette Devlin during the 1960s, and Rev Paisley appeared to be the very epitome of a Protesant bigot, or worse, since some of the ‘Unionists’ committed terrible acts, as did the IRA. But look at Ireland now, the southern part which remained fully Catholic, a theocracy even. A gay migrant PM. Meanwhile Rev Paisley’s people are still conservative, may God bless them. God Bless Rev Paisley for standing his ground and remaining strong. Who knew he would save the UK one day?
                God Bless President Trump too.

• Christine says:

I’m 43yo Bruce, so alas my very young days are behind me!

Growing up I’d heard vaguely about the Catholics v. Protestants, and knew of the IRA bombings from the news, but otherwise we weren’t taught anything about Northern Ireland at school or Uni. With an English Grandma and Scottish ancestry through Grandad, the Irish didn’t get discussed at home either! And, I grew up Presbyterian/Uniting Church, so no chat about Catholics.

I was a studious bookworm, focussed on Accounting, Chemistry + Physics, then became an international litigation/corporate lawyer. Growing up, Modern History never interested me. It’s a gap in my knowledge I’ve been filling in more recent years. So, I’ve actually been reading up on the DUP this morning to educate myself.

Thank you kindly for your brief history, Bruce. Most interesting. Always learning!

• Sylvia Avery says:

Christine thank you so much for your informative and super interesting post. I learned a lot from you. TY for taking the time to teach us.

• dekester says:

Sylvia,

I enjoy your contributions, thank you.

The DUP are in an incredible position. One that I doubt one prognosticator predicted.

They are hard core Conservatves..really hardcore. Please believe me when I tell you that they are tough as nails.

That said, I would struggle with many of their policies. N. Ireland is still gripped with hatred and bigotry.

However, they are very British. Fanatical some would say.

May will not rest easy..bet on it. IMO.

God bless PDJT.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Thanks Dekester, I always smile when I see your name. I feel like we’re neighbors! I am shamefully ignorant about the politics in the UK, so I am appreciative of the information. I want the best for the UK, meaning maximum freedom from socialist oppression! And Brexit, of course!

• Texian says:

I worked with a guy from Ireland offshore on the energy industry high seas. He was somewhat of a pirate (like most experienced offshoremen were back then). He was sharp, witty and funny, always had a joke to go along with most any subject. He was a smart, hard worker no complainer like the rest of us. Just go and go and go.. and keep on going.. never quit. Trustworthy to do his part. War-like in talk about his Country – vengeance. He was a damn good team member. (My supervisors sure knew how to pick and build a team..).

• Donna in Oregon says:

This is why I write Irish Blessings most nights in The Conservative Treehouse. Not to brag or anything, but if it wasn’t for the potato famine I wouldn’t be here…. with my Irish up and fighting for our fabulous President.

It’s great to be an American of Irish descent 🙂

May the Irish hills caress you.
      May her lakes and rivers bless you.
      May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
      May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

4. In AZ says:

I saw headlines on another site that the EU Dictators pushed PM May to hold the snap election to thwart Brexit.

• FofBW says:

If true the EU’s conspiracy failed! Now on top of that the East Bloc countries are telling EU to stuff it

• rjcylon says:

That was the likely motive. I think the “twist of fate” might have been divine providence saving the day. Now in spite of themselves the UK conservatives in name only are being forced to be MORE conservative for the good of the people… not unlike or RINOs in Washington being forced to deal with a patriotic American president.

• Christine says:

Her’s an article from Gateway Pundit suggesting just that, In AZ.

My ultimate dream is Brexiteer, Boris Johnson (current Foreign Minister, London Mayor before Muslim Sadiq Khan), calls a spill and removes Teresa May (who supported Remain in the Brexit referendum), so Boris becomes PM.

The Donald and Boris. Magnificent. Western Democracy saved.

Now THAT would give the EU the middle finger!

• wheatietoo says:

Boris? …Really?

Listen to him call Our President “unfit to be President of the United States”.

• Christine says:

Thanks for posting that, weatietoo. I’d forgotten that interview.

To be fair though, Boris was still London Mayor at that time, which is 25% Muslim, with some areas up to 50%, so he was probably pandering to his constituency, out of fear of a violent backlash. At least he invited Candidate Trump to visit London, as opposed to London Mayor Sadiq Khan, who’s said President Trump isn’t welcome!

As I recall, PM May was no more complimentary.

And, looking at the wider picture of what’s best for the UK (Grandma was British Air Force in WW2 + I lived there for 3 years until a decade ago), I still believe Boris is superior to PM May.

Plus, I suspect now that London’s had 2 terrorist attacks in 2 months; Boris is Home Secretary/Foreign Minister; there is irrefutable proof of London’s no-go zones; Donald Trump is President + PM May voted Remain/not Brexit – Boris will have softened his views on POTUS, and hardened them on the dangers of rampant Islamic immigration + uncontrolled borders.

• wheatietoo says:

“….softened his views on POTUS…”

But everything that Candidate Trump said was the Truth.
            The things that BJ condemned him for saying…were things that were true.

England would be better served if The Johnson embraced the Truth rather than condemn those who speak it.

• Christine says:

President Trump has certainly shown the way how to do so!

Boris is far more politically aligned with POTUS than PM May is. And, as the author of a remarkably researched and written book about Winston Churchill in 2014 titled “The Churchill Factor: How One Man Made History”, he’s a creature of history, with a deep understanding of the triggers for WW1 + WW2, and how the West won those wars.

Since we’re now on the cusp of WW3 (this time, a global war between Christianity and Islam), for the good of the UK I’d much prefer an anti-Establishment, anti-Globalist, populist Anglo-Saxon male leading the country, than a Globalist Establishment woman (sound familiar?).

• wheatietoo says:

Yes…if Boris actually ‘is’ all that.

It will take courage to be like Donald Trump.
                So far, I am still waiting for signs that he possesses any.

Nigel Farage has shown far more courage than Boris Johnson has, from what I’ve seen.

• Christine says:

Your President Trump is unique, weatietoo. At this stage in history, few men have his courage. We can only hope that he inspires good men (which I believe Boris to be, over PM May) to rise up, and follow his lead.

As I say to Wend below, I agree, Nigel Farage would be perfect! Sadly, he’s not eligible to be UK PM. Boris is the next best option for UK, I believe.

This is a great chat, by the way. Thank you! Thoroughly enjoying it.

• There’s ways of pandering and Boris’ way was not one of them. I think his comment reflects nothing more than bias stupidity.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

No Boris chose to accept the very fake news drive by media caricature of then candidate Donald Trump. He could have taken the listen to the man and make his own assessment. I gave no reason to trust or believe anything he says or does now.

• Donna in Oregon says:

I believe that in Europe the Globalists are very strong. Belgium has usurped the individuality of the countries and Boris Johnson has no better chance of standing up to them than Cameron, May, or Blair.

Mother England needs a person with steely resolve and a stiff upper lip to go with their spine. A person of strong character that would fight to defend every Britain’s job and life. Especially their lives, and their safety. First and foremost.

Someone that will put Britain first. I haven’t seen that person yet. Only Nigel Farage speaks that way about the people.

• dbcaldave says:

Okay I will say it. That guy needs to get a haircut, he always looks like that doofus from Dumb and Dumber

• wheatietoo says:

Heh. I don’t care about his hair though…it’s his mouthing off insults at Our President that bother me.

• Christine says:

Hi weatietoo. As I say below, I do believe a mea culpa by Boris is appropriate though.

• Wend says:

I used to think BoJo was the bees knees–But now the only one is THE NIGE!!!!!!!!!

• Christine says:

Gosh Wend, I agree – Nigel Farage would be perfect!

Sadly though, as a member of the European Parliament (creating havoc + heartburn for EU members) – not UK Parliament – nor in the Tory Party, Nigel isn’t eligible to be UK PM.

We can only dream.

• Wend says:

Indeed-it’s too bad UKIP has declined so much since he left. And it’s too bad the Tories are so lame now. I loved me some Big John Major (an English friend told me to take a number and get in line) but it really started with him. However, the Tories have survived worse-Harold MacMillan, Anthony Eden, David Cameron, etc. etc.-and perhaps this alliance with the DUP will inject some new life into them. Otherwise I think BoJo will be the next leader.

• sunnydaze says:

A$$ claims London doesn’t have no-go areas.

• Yes, Boris, the terrorists seek to “divide” your head from your body!

• Sunshine says:

Thanks. I was wondering why May would make such an unnecessary move. Now, I understand why she didn’t take part in the debate and more.
        All in all, it turned out quite lucky.

• In AZ says:

Thanks for the article.
        The EU and others definitely need to be given the middle finger. ………and more.

• yakmaster2 says:

If May had a steele spine she wouldn’t have called for that snap election! Margaret Thatcher, she ain’t!

5. Radiopatriot says:

Poor little gayboy snowflake is all hepped up, isn’t he? Tsk Tsk…

6. OmegaManBlue says:

Who let the 13 year old on the panel?

7. rjcylon says:

Man, that was like five solid minutes of hearing fingernails scrape against a chalkboard. One of the biggest things we are seeing in this post Trump, post Brexit world is how truly miserable leftists are as people, and it’s becoming more difficult for me to hear them talk.

• Wend says:

I visited Dachau concentration camp during the year I lived in Germany (1976). Fast forward to living in Warsaw as a US diplomat in 1980. People were always asking me if I wanted to go to Auschwitz-I told them I got it and didn’t need anymore self-abuse. (I never did go). That’s kind of the way I feel about these lunatics, I really get it and don’t care to watch or listen anymore.

8. MfM says:

When your foot is in your mouth… when you shoot yourself in the foot you hit the head.

9. rumpole2 says:

I did not know this….. sound great to me LOL

The YT triggered snowfakes is a bonus 🙂

10. Lunatic Fringe says:

Democrat party with brains? I’m so lost.

11. Kaco says:

They lost 13 seats but gained 10 with the coalition, better than nothing. May better not try to blow it again.

• dekester says:

Kaco. This may be a terrific result. The dummies have never given any thought to the DUP in N. Ireland.

They are very, very hard men/ women.

My neighbour is from N. Ireland, and I have known many.

This is Nirvana for the DUP. It really is. The EU are Pu**ies compared to these folks.

I would be very surprised if the DUP are not extremely supportive of PDJT. I may be wrong of course. It is politics.

12. Bouchart says:

These multiparty parliamentary systems always confuse me.

13. Doug says:

Best thing for LGBT community is a hard brexit.. regardless of the DUP partys views they are much better to deal with than the invading muslim horde.

14. fleporeblog says:

I had a feeling that this outcome was not in the left’s best interest because of the fact Theresa May had two weeks to form a coalition that would allow her to remain in power as the PM. She went to the Queen to let her know what she was going to do in order to get her blessing.

From the article linked above:

After receiving formal permission from the monarchy, U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May said she will try to forge a government after a snap-election gamble that cost her Conservative Party its parliamentary majority.

This whole thing is really amazing. The Tories were able to rule outright because they had won enough seats in the last election to do so. But Theresa May in her infinite wisdom has now ensured that the DUP will be a thorn in the side of the Tory coalition henceforth until the next elections.

15. Mike says:

And if they can push May aside and Boris Johnson ends up PM… icing on the cake imo.

Labor campaigned the Brexit referendum is final, as a way of taking that issue out off the table for the election. It’s not an anti-Brexit mandate like the media wants to run with (though a weaker PM & govt doesn’t help UK in the negotiations).

PM May ran a horrible campaign (advised by Obama’s guy btw wtf) with proposals about pensions and taxes that flopped bigly, plus they seemed weak and helpless after the latest terror attacks.

BOJO!

16. Summer says:

The boytoy is mad because of what exactly? Does it know itself? This is a typical leftist reaction when they don’t get their way.

17. wheatietoo says:

Not very long ago…everything that the Snowflakes preach was considered ‘extreme’ and ‘fringe’.

They demanded tolerance.
    It was given.

Once they achieved ‘tolerance’ they quickly demanded Acceptance.
    It was not widely given.
    But instead of being tolerant in return…they decided to demonize anyone who doesn’t ‘accept’ what they espouse.

Now they declare that  anyone who doesn’t fall in line with their Snowflakes Credo, is “extremist”.

The little loudmouth guy in that video above is a perfect example of this.
    He even threw in the word “terrorist” into his little screed.

Unfortunately, this is going on here too.
    We must fight this madness.

• Christine says:

Excellent comment, weatietoo. It’s happening here in Australia too.

We must fight back, as protectors of all that is great with Western Democratic civilisation, based on Judeo-Christian principles.

• Your Tour Guide says:

Noticed Hillary’s surrounders big time during the primaries.
      Her staff was chock full of snarly gaystapo types: Mook, et al.
      They will stop at nothing. They don’t have family to take their
      time from doing so. Once started, they have no off switch.

Saw this in action in Georgia years ago. Had a state attorney
      General running Governor. Guy had character flaws ( long time
      cheating on his wife), but was effective, and actually did things
      that helped the voters. He had refused to hire a militantly gay
      female on his staff. One journalist for the alternative local paper
      outed his cheating, and relentlessly hounded the guy until there
      was no chance he could get elected. I was liberal at the time, but
      realized that the attorney general guy would have been better
      then anyone else that was running. Have been turned off by
      gaystapo types ever since.

• Kaco says:

If you don’t mind, I’m going to save your post for future arguments. It is spot on!

18. MOA says:

Now look at the Scottish independence mob….. down 21 seats.
    The Scots have realised that there is no-one to pay their mendicant future nation’s welfare bills if they leave Britain. Try asking Merkel laddies…..snigger.

Of course the Conservatives will be the permanent government of the UK if Scotland leaves. They vote Labour nearly 100%. What’s not to like about Scottish independence (from Britain but not the EU).

• dekester says:

I was born in Scotland, and lived there when the S.N.P. (Scottish Nationalist Party.) was born.

IMO they are a Communist Party.

They are horrible…I was delighted with the election results.

May is a snake, Corbyn is a nut. Neither deserved a Majority.

• sunnydaze says:

Totally OT Dekester but….Frasier U. Scottish Bagpipe band totally rocks and enjoyed hearing them (and others) every year at the Highland Games in Whatcom Cty. Highlight of living in the area.

• dekester says:

We’re neighbours…that is very interesting. The two PDJT in events in Whatcom County were fantastic were they not?

My N. Irish neighbour returned from Scotland last week. He was competing with his Pipe band in an international tournament.

Stay safe…

• sunnydaze says:

Nah, I moved before the Trump rallies. Totally jealous you got to see ’em. That’s a great venue for it.

And pretty unbelievable that’s it’s actually part of Western WA ! Lynden….the one conservative area left?

• Wend says:

Where in Scotland?

I lived in Edinburgh for a year. My favorite place in Scotland was St. Andrews. I remember they were always going on about the North Sea oil “IT’S SCOTLAND’S OIL”!!!!

Guess that didn’t work out too well.

19. keeler says:

In related news, today France voted to continue drilling holes in the sinking hull of Europe.

At least the Eastern Europeans are showing some will to live. It’s not over… yet.

Keep Calm and Brexit On.

20. Jeffrey Leyerle says:

This is the kind of disrespect that destroys any chance of the snowflakes gaining respect. Kids like this have no place in a civilized society because it appears impossible for snowflakes to behave in a civilized, adult manner. “I’m throwing my tantrum like a two-year old. Now give me my candy…” is getting old very fast.

21. The Devilbat says:

The UK’s general election was between a die hard communist, Jeremy Corbyn and a complete fluff head, Theresa May.

Although I believe that anyone with an IQ of over 45 should have voted for May, she is no Margaret Thatcher. The stupid woman was against Brexit and she wears a hijab when she meets with the Islamic savages.

To any muslim, a women who in their religion – theocracy is worth only half a man, wearing a hijab means only one thing. It means that she is submitting to Islam.

As I said, she is both incredibly stupid as well as being completely naive. My guess is that she is controlled by similar (if not the same) swamp creatures.

22. Gov Jay says:

Good article Sundance… incidentally, I call it “LGBT…xyz”… that way none of the freaks are left out…

23. sunnydaze says:

Love the SJW kid……. he looks like a kewpie!

Yeah, this may be exactly what the “Right” in the UK needs to actually push it a bit rightward. It’s a good development.

God works in mysterious ways…… or ….Be careful what you wish for…depending on your bent.

24. rumpole2 says:

UPDATE

LGBTTQQIAAP (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, ally, pansexual)

25. DebbieUK says:

The UK Conservative party hasn’t been truly conservative for years .The have been infected by the lefty rights led agenda.
    The DUP had a true Conservative manifesto including the dismantling of the BBC. Amen to that .

We are hoping they drag the Conservatives to the right a bit .So after nearly having a heart attack on seeing the exit poll, i am mildly optimistic.

On the other hand ,the voters have gone off the deep end voting for a leader Jeremy Corbyn who spent 30 years speaking out against the British state on behalf of terrorist organisations all over the world and his party is racked with anti Semitism.
    Of course he promised lots of free stuff. .

26. “LGBTQ(fill in the blanks)” I like to fill in the blanks with WTF. LGBTQWTF

27. Keln says:

How does some git who can’t even comb his hair, much less dress himself properly and looks like he is barely old enough to drive get more than his equal share of speaking time on a major UK broadcast network?

• sundance says:

Use of the gay card takes you straight to the top…

• Christine says:

Great point! Although Sundance, in the latest crazy Leftist tribal minority divisional political game, I think burka-wearing Muslim women promoting Islam as the religion of feminism, trumps gays in the pecking order of importance + insanity these days!

(Yup, that’s the latest absurdity stated by Sudanese Muslim Yassmin Abdul Magied, on her Australian tax-payer funded book tour last month. Islam is pro-feminism. The Left worship her).

It’s all so confusing. And exhausting. And ridiculous.

• All American Snowflake says:

Not as confusing as you might think when you think in terms of the “pussy-hats” who think they have a golden vaginas as opposed to the “gay-hats” who think they have a golden @$$hole.

I believe that the “gay-hats” are as embarrassing to the LBGQTJ* (the J stands for jack-off) as the “pussy-hats” are embarrassing to the responsible and beautiful, real women of the world.) Cue the dumb celebs whining about their body parts….

*A couple of years ago I saw an old black man jacking off in front of the Seattle Municipal Building which had a rainbow flag flying on the top of the flag pole. (At the time I thought that’s an interesting way to salute their flag. I wonder if they have a pledge?) That’s when I added the missing constant, “J” (The resulting alignment is now sending the British liberal social justice crowd into fits of LGBTQ(fill in the necessary missing constants) collective apoplectic rage.)

• DebbieUK says:

Corbyn was elected by his party but the previous Labour leader put in place a £3 pound membership fee to encourage more grass roots to join and vote .All the commies Marxists and Trots who would have been excluded joined and voted for their man, The moderates have been side lined.
      The BBC and Sky are both very left wing and its been wall to wall Corbyn.

28. May I just repeat what I said after the result cam in.
    This is terrific news. The Blairite globalist wing of the Labour Party has been humbled by Corbyn (who is a moron on economics). They are europhile; he is not.
    The soft wet europhile wing of the conservative party (of which May is a part despite all the fake media branding her as a ‘hard Brexit’ PM) has been hurt and weakened by this result.
    That means the eurosceptic wings of both Labour and Conservative parties have been strengthened.
    May will be out in the Autumn. I believe a genuine eurosceptic will take over for the first time in over a decade.

This is a really really good result. The coalition with the DUP is gravy.

Hilariously, my brother is a Trump-hater and Corbyn-lover. He is really happy too.

The other thing is that ‘hard Brexit’ is an entirely dumb concept. EU leaders threatened the UK with a £150bn ‘divorce bill’. May simply said we’d walk away from any such deal. To not have a fallback position of walking away if the other side makes impossible demands is not reasonable. It would be an ‘idiot Brexit’.

• piper567 says:

What about our Eastern European Brothers and Sisters? Are they seeing it that way? Do they think the proposed EU fines, and their Country’s willingness to perhaps walk away, as not “reasonable”?
      What is their fallback position?

29. Chuck says:

It almost looks like there is some 3d chess going on in GB.

30. yy4u says:

From my latest blog but I think is pertinent to the discussion going on here:

Fifty years or so ago, “they” (the cool cat never has quite figured out who “they” are but the term suffices) began to tell us that world peace was in the offing if only the warmongering western nations would replace their testosterone-burdened, hairy chest thumping leaders with women who would then usher in a period of peace, love, tranquility while teaching the world to “sing in perfect harmony”.

Well, we nearly did it, didn’t we?

Had Marine Le Pen and Hillary Clinton not lost their elections, females would now be in charge of the four most prominent western governments–the United States, Germany, Great Britain and France–leaving testosterone-burdened, hairy chest thumping males in charge of Russia, China, Japan and every nation in the Middle East, including and most especially Iran. What possibly could go wrong?

31. fgmorley says:

That stupid faggot should be hung by his balls…that is if he has any. Another example of whingeing by the idiots that lost.

32. Paul Bonneau says:

If you look at the DUP platform, it ain’t very conservative. It’s socialist. It may be a tad less socialist than Labour, but still. There is no conservative or libertarian polity in Britain.

33. StateSovereigntyNationalUnion says:

There are reports that DUP wants Farage in government for Brexit negotiations. Would May accept that? There is no coalition in place today, only talks. The alternative is very scary stuff.

34. 6x47 says:

Raheem Kassam interviewed a British political analyst on Brietbart News Daily.

Theresa May is a moderate squish, and she was hopeful the election would bring more moderate “Labour Lite” Conservative MP’s into Parliament and dilute the power of the more hardline members of her party.

It didn’t work, and now she finds herself allied with members espousing an even harder line than those she wished to rid herself of.

Nicely done establishment tool!

35. Mike says:

More sensible commentary of the UK election:

36. jbrickley says:

The one sensible article online about the whole mess.

“Let’s calm down and remember that Mrs May WON! PETER OBORNE on how the setback the PM has suffered is not the calamity some would have you believe”

37. Realist says:

So its OK for CORBYN to support the IRA and myriad Muslim Terrorist Groups is it OWEN the HOMO but how dare the DUP not bow down to the LBGT DEGENERATES hey.