The global religion of billionaire carbon traders takes a hit today as the Church of Climatology is diminished by executive action.  Apoplectic leftist meltdowns begin in 3,… 2,… 1….

Earlier this afternoon President Trump visited the Washington DC sanctuary of the EPA and signed an executive order reauthorizing America’s energy independence program.

[Transcript] 2:14 P.M. EDT – THE PRESIDENT:  Thank you.  (Applause.)  Thank you very much.  I guess they like what we’re about to sign.  I knew they were going to like this one.  Well, thank you very much.  I very much appreciate it.  And thank you to our great Vice President, Mike Pence.

I’m thrilled that everybody could be here with us today.  I want to give special thanks to Administrator Scott Pruitt, Secretary Ryan Zinke, and Secretary Rick Perry for your remarks.  I told Rick, I said, run it the way you ran Texas — because this is going to be a great operation.  And he did a great job, and we’re honored to have all three.  And I’m really honored to have our Vice President, because Mike Pence has been outstanding.  Hasn’t he been outstanding?  (Applause.)

Together, this group is going to do a truly great job for our country.  We have a very, very impressive group here to celebrate the start of a new era in American energy and production and job creation.  The action I’m taking today will eliminate federal overreach, restore economic freedom, and allow our companies and our workers to thrive, compete, and succeed on a level playing field for the first time in a long time, fellas.  It’s been a long time.  I’m not just talking about eight years; we’re talking about a lot longer than eight years.  You people know it maybe better than anybody.

Thanks, as well, to the many distinguished members of Congress who have taken the time to be here.  I want to thank all of our industry leaders who are with us and who share our determination to create jobs in America, for Americans.  And, Shelley, thank you very much also.  I spotted you in the audience.  Thank you.

That is what this is all about:  bringing back our jobs, bringing back our dreams — and making America wealthy again.

I also want to thank the dedicated public servants who are with us this afternoon.  You’re doing important work to protect our health and public resources.  So important.

Finally, I want to acknowledge the truly amazing people behind me on this stage: our incredible coal miners.  (Applause.)  We love our coal miners.  Great people.  Over the past two years, I’ve spent time with the miners all over America.  They told me about the struggles they’ve endured.

I actually, in one case, I went to a group of miners in West Virginia — you remember, Shelley — and I said, how about this:  Why don’t we get together, we’ll go to another place, and you’ll get another job; you won’t mine anymore.  Do you like that idea?  They said, no, we don’t like that idea — we love to mine, that’s what we want to do.  I said, if that’s what you want to do, that’s what you’re going to do.

And I was very impressed.  They love the job.  That’s what their job is.  I fully understand that.  I grew up in a real estate family, and until this recent little excursion into the world of politics, I could never understand anybody who would not want to be in the world of real estate.  (Laughter.)  Believe me.  So I understand it.  And we’re with you 100 percent, and that’s what you’re going to do.  Okay?  (Applause.)

The miners told me about the attacks on their jobs and their livelihoods.  They told me about the efforts to shut down their mines, their communities, and their very way of life.  I made them this promise:  We will put our miners back to work.  (Applause.)  We’ve already eliminated a devastating anti-coal regulation — but that was just the beginning.

Today, I’m taking bold action to follow through on that promise.  My administration is putting an end to the war on coal.  We’re going to have clean coal — really clean coal.  With today’s executive action, I am taking historic steps to lift the restrictions on American energy, to reverse government intrusion, and to cancel job-killing regulations.  (Applause.)  And, by the way, regulations not only in this industry, but in every industry.  We’re doing them by the thousands, every industry.  And we’re going to have safety, we’re going to have clean water, we’re going to have clear air.  But so many are unnecessary, and so many are job killing.  We’re getting rid of the bad ones.

One after another, we’re keeping our promises and putting power back into the hands of the people.  First, today’s energy independence action calls for an immediate reevaluation of the so-called Clean Power Plan.  (Applause.)  Perhaps no single regulation threatens our miners, energy workers, and companies more than this crushing attack on American industry.

Second, we are lifting the ban on federal leasing for coal production.

Third, we are lifting job-killing restrictions on the production of oil, natural gas, clean coal, and shale energy.

And finally, we are returning power to the states — where that power belongs.  States and local communities know what is best for them.  They understand it.  They get it.  They’ve been doing it for a long time.  It was taken away from them, and not handled well — and they are the ones that we should now, and will now, empower to decide.

My action today is the latest in a series of steps to create American jobs and to grow American wealth.  We’re ending the theft of American prosperity, and rebuilding our beloved country.  We approved the permit to finally build the Keystone XL pipeline, and cleared the way to completion of the Dakota Access pipeline — thousands and thousands of jobs.  (Applause.)

We’ve already created a half a million new jobs in the first two jobs reports of my administration.  And if you noticed today, Ford — great company — announced massive new spending on three big plants in the state of Michigan — a state which I love very much.  Do you remember what happened in Michigan?  Remember, November 8th.  Oh, that was an exciting Michigan evening.  And Ford just made that announcement.  That’s a great announcement.  It’s a very important announcement.  It means jobs, jobs, jobs.

We are going to continue to expand energy production, and we will also create more jobs in infrastructure, trucking, and manufacturing.  This will allow the EPA to focus on its primary mission of protecting our air and protecting our water.  Together, we are going to start a new energy revolution — one that celebrates American production on American soil.

We want to make our goods here instead of shipping them in from other countries.  All over the world, they ship in, ship in — take the Americans’ money, take the money, go home; take our jobs, take our companies.  No longer, folks.  No longer.  We believe in those really magnificent words:  Made in the USA.  (Applause.)  Right, fellas?

We will unlock job-producing natural gas, oil, and shale energy.  We will produce American coal to power American industry.  We will transport American energy through American pipelines, made with American steel.  Made with American steel.  Can you believe somebody would actually say that?  (Applause.)

This came up a little bit coincidentally when I was signing the pipelines deals.  I’m all signing, I’ve got them done.  And I said, folks, where do we get the steel?  And they said, I think it’s from foreign lands.  And I said, no good.  Who makes it?  Who makes those beautiful pipes for the pipeline?  Sir, they’re made outside of this country.  I said, no more, no more.  So we added a little clause — didn’t take much — that you want to build pipelines in this country?  You’re going to buy your steel, and you’re going to have it fabricated here.  Makes sense, right?  Doesn’t it make sense, Bob?  Think so.  He knows.  (Applause.)

Together, we will create millions of good American jobs — also, so many energy jobs — and really lead to unbelievable prosperity all throughout our country.  And Rick Perry is going to have a lot to do with that.

I want to just thank everybody in this room.  You’re all very special people.  In particular, I want to thank the miners.  You know, my guys, they’ll get enough thanks.  These people haven’t had enough thanks.  They’ve had a hard time for a long time.  (Applause.)  They’re tough-looking guys, too.  I’ll tell you what — not going to mess around with this group, right?

All right.  Thank you, fellas.  I made my promise and I keep my promise.

So I want to thank everybody in the room.  God bless you, and God bless America.  Thank you very much.  Thank you.  (Applause.)

THE PRESIDENT:  Come on, fellas.  Basically, you know what this is?  You know what it says, right?  You’re going back to work.

PARTICIPANT:  Good.  (Applause.)

THE PRESIDENT:  You’re going back to work.

Ready?

PARTICIPANT:  We’re ready.

THE PRESIDENT:  Okay.  (Applause.)

(The executive order is signed.)

Come on.  What about a miner?  One of the miners — who’s the miner back there?  Only a miner.  (Laughter.)  Come on, fellas.  You split it up.  Cut it in — (laughter) — come on, where’s Ryan?  Where’s Ryan?  Okay, Rick, you’ll split that up with Ryan.

I want to thank everybody very much.  This is a great honor today.  Very special, special people.  And you’re going to see a lot of progress.  And Shelley, thank you very much.  You have been fantastic.  Really fantastic.  Appreciate it.  Thank you.  (Applause.)

END  2:26 P.M. EDT

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Environmentalism, EPA, Glo-Bull Warming, Legislation, media bias, Mike pence, President Trump, Rick Perry, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

104 Responses to President Trump Signs Executive Order Reauthorizing American Energy Independence…

1. Jedi Clampett says:

“Earlier this afternoon President Trump visited the Washington DC sanctuary of the EPA ……..”
    >sanctuary
    Don’t you mean mosque? Or temple?

2. Andrew E. says:

This is great stuff.

3. Bull Durham says:

Promises kept. Policy enacted. Where he can act, he’s winning big for Americans.

Think of the thousands of families who can breathe easier now for the years ahead.

Small towns saved, Main Streets with people shopping, vendors selling to businesses.
    Dynamic economics.
    America First!

4. You sure there isn’t a federal judge somewhere that can stop this? I mean that both really and sarcastically. I pray there isn’t a judge that can stop energy independence and more jobs for Americans. I pray so hard.

5. scott says:

I smell a lawsuit via 9th circuit!

Well Done Trump!

6. aqua says:

Outstanding news. And covered right here at the Last Refuge. If we share this news with enough people, the word will get out, and mainstream news shows their worthlessness once again.

Thank you, miners. That is a tough job.

7. Splody heads all around…..

8. James23 says:

So freaking awesome!

I don’t know about Putin, but I’m getting muh money’s worth!
    Jk

9. sundance says:

10. SPMI says:

He continues to keep his word while facing what is for most humans an impossible task of overcoming hate and horror. ya gotta love the guy!

G O D J T R U M P!!!

11. Sayit2016 says:

Happened to have FOX in watching whatever is before Shep “crybaby” Shepard. I never watch him because he gives me facial ticks… anyway….he was saying by Trump putting coal miners back to work, he is removing what was put in place for “smog control ” or something to that effect so now we are back to dirty water and air nonsense. I swear watching and correcting these weasels is a full time job. Shep also said Trump admin is trying to block and shut down “Russian Dressing” investigations. Why do these people STILL think Russia is a thing when it isn’t ? What am I missing ??? I mean how much of there is no there there do they need before they understand there is no THERE THERE? Hep me understand Treepers….I am begging you.

• setup2100 says:

Well you have to admit the RUSSIANS don’t make the best Salad Dressing in the world. No offense to any Russians on here!

• 22CatsInTN says:

I’ll trade you two facial tics for one spittle flecked computer screen acquired during a profanities laced* screaming session which raised my blood pressure to unheard of levels when I spent 2.5 seconds listening to their tripe.

*For which I had to repent in dust and ashes.

• screwauger says:

Doubling down on stupid, it’s all they have.

• Doug says:

its an ideology… it doesnt work in nuance… they will go kicking and screaming til the end… everything to them is so fanatical. No republican or democrat wants america to be China or India when it comes to pollution. There is no question that we understand the difference.. most level headed people can see that the EPA was mission creeping… and by using the environment as a cover were able to accomplish or push agendas that had nothing to do with their core mission. They should all be in jail or the higherups for what they did to the colorado river a little while back. ANy private company would have been!

• fangdog says:

For one thing Liberals have no concept of reality. It is all Disneyland for them. How else would one explain Shep in the position he is in, be so stupid.

What we are witnessing everyday is the reality Liberals are incorrigible so just move on. It is not worth wasting emotions on these people. Ignoring them, though not perfect, is the greater solution.

• StateSovereigntyNationalUnion says:

Half of the liberal bias is due to indoctrination, 1/2 due to willing disbelief, and 1/2 due to pure stupidity. [Yes liberal math used].

The Clean Power Plan had nothing, zero to do with clean water and clean air — it was an illegal attempt to regulate carbon emissions via regulatory over-reach for climate change blanket wrapping and for the renewables industry. Eliminating the CPP will have zero impact on already existing/stringent rules for NOx, S02, particulates, water, etc., etc.
      Shep smith is a complete idiot.

The EPA’s own propoganda tied the CPP (muddied the waters) vs. other already existing EPA rules for power generation to claim benefits from lower NOx and SO2 emissions over the time period of its implementation (which would have occured anyway) and claimed health benefits that were tied not to carbon emissions but were tied in fact to the assumed shutting down more coal plants (due to the economic cost of compliance). Everything Obama did twisted, distorted, and obscured scientific facts to fit his message and the mindless left lapped up the distorted talking points like kittens. Successfull Obama propoganda here:

The war on coal is now over and unfortunately Obama largely won. The T45 regulations for miners will hopefully help keep mines open + allow for new exploration but demand will have to come from exports, the power generation capacity is not coming back.

The EPA Mercury and Air Toxics rule (remanded in June 2015 by the Supreme Court but far too late because the coal power industry had alread complied) led to shut downs of over 15,000 MW of coal power generation capacity (much greater than the 9,000 MW EPA forecast) while other rules and economic factors are resulting in over 50,000 MW of coal plant retirements by 2020. There plants are never coming back and already result in higher electricity prices as a disproportionate tax on the working and middle class.

Under HRC of course, the attacks would have continued until the last coal mine was closed. To the far left, they would be against carbon even if a scientific equation was proven that carbon had zero impact on climate change. This is because carbon is in fossil fuels and fossil fuels are bad; who cares about peoples lives or standards of living. The health stuff is just a smog screen to justify being anti-fossil fuel. Who cares if coal miners die because they lose their health benefits or because of the stress of not having gainful work? What is important is to eliminate fossil fuels.

Tip: smog is caused by VOC, SO2 and NOx and has nothing to do with carbon. Read about the health and environmental impacts of carbon here: [hint there are none].

• Fe says:

Sheppie boy gives me high blood pressure. Every time I see his smug mug I want to slap him silly and stupid. Grrrrr these insufferable media and their ‘Muh Russians’, ‘Muh Smog Control’. Instead of whack-a-mole, I want a game where I can whack Sheppie’s face over and over, whack-a-Sheppie 😂

• Sayit2016 says:

Try this….the next time Sundance posts the squares with all of the faces of the disturbed and the insane traitors..sit back in your chair and use you thumb and index finger so that there faces are in between your thumb and index finger shut one eye and pinch — see you make them go splody head…it is cheap therapy…; )

• Malatrope says:

You can’t slap him stupid, he’s already there. The best you could hope to do is recharge him.

• Lucille says:

Fe, I have zero tolerance now for leftie TV news, print news and websites. I know it’s all going to make me hyperventilate.

• In AZ says:

They are Communists and that is how Communists operate.

Seriously read the Sail Alinsky book “Rules for Radicals” ..or other books / articles about Communism….it helps good, sane people understand the tacticts of the Communist Left Dhimmicrats.

They know exactly what they are doing.

12. nimrodman says:

Love that traumatized little snowflake chick in the white pants. I can read the last number she dialed on that phone –
    – AND IT’S A FLAT SCREEN !

(ba-dum chish … “I’ll be here all week, folks. Try the veal …”

13. entagor says:

“Why do these people STILL think Russia is a thing when it isn’t ? ”

They don’t. They want you to think it.

14. Katherine McCoun says:

Friday, the pipeline.
    Monday, coal is back
    Winning and not tired!

15. Doug says:

btw isnt that girl in the white pant suit the same girl that accosted trump with a stupid question at a rally during the primary in New Hampshire and it was discovered she was a Bush plant or something? the picture two above the youtube video on the right side.

16. azgulch says:

He is actually granting money where it needs to be, like Flynt Michigan. And taking money away from places it should not be, like global warming. What a concept.

• Athena the Warrior says:

How about the Animas River that the EPA screwed up, the one that turned yellow from the contaminated mine water spill?

• Mr. T. says:

The EPA was trying very hard to sweep that one under the rug. Lawsuits were blocked because apparently the EPA is protected should they contaminate a water supply, but they will come after you and I should we do it. Well, that was the old EPA. There’s a major swamp cleaning going on over there right now. It will take a little time to prepare a lot of pink slips that will be given out to the Obamanites. In the mean time, the EPA is working with the GSA, ordering plenty of boxes to be used for cleaning out the desks of those Obamanites getting those pink slips. lol

• setup2100 says:

Yep, that’s that Warthon School of Business degree kicking in. What a novice idea give the money to people who need it?? Goooooooooo Trump.

17. dbobway says:

The bridges in San Fransisco and New York City’

Better double the suicide watch.

Never mind snowflakes float!

18. mamadogsite says:

Bet adult baby bibs are going to become popular again as there sure a lot of politicians, #never Trumpers and TV squakers who are starting to dribble and drool more and more with each executive order signed.

19. John Galt says:

Climate Hoax futures down sharply.

20. teaforall says:

Great Day another big Win, Thank You President Trump for putting Americans First YAHOO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

21. CheshireCat says:

What would be the effect of this Global Warming fraud and coercion, if successful? To make part of the world fools and part hypocrites; to support criminal level roguery and error all over the earth. Barack Obama and the other Global Warming power mad and money grubbing fraudsters are trying to convert simple and natural changes in the weather into an engine with which to enslave mankind to filch ever more power and ever more wealth to themselves. These anti-scientists have, in fact, declared war on science and humanity.

22. History Teaches says:

Best single action of the Trump administration so far. No hesitancy, doubt, fear of the expected avalanche of hysterical critics. Plain and simple, action taken, move on.

23. Bonitabaycane says:

Trump owns West Virginia and Joe Manchin.

24. Cue the hallelujah chorus! #MoreWinning 😀

25. fedback says:

The President is delivering Big League

Now imagine if the crooks in Congress did their job and supported his agenda

26. LARS says:

The moonbats are in a frenzy over the loss of shale habitat and the burning of lumps of potential diamonds.

27. Andy says:

There are many people in this country, and on this planet, that care nothing for mother nature and protecting her diversity and splendour.
    So, before you go to town deriding “tree hugging moonbats”, remember that it is groups like this that give balance to the wider population of people, ensuring nature receives at least the adequate protection in deserves.
    Where such environmentalists cross into left-wing politics, then they become a legitimate target. However, Sundance, please do NOT deride them for their environmental views alone!!

• Lucille says:

A good post…made me laugh…thanks!

• mike says:

Deep green has long been in the genocidal range. We have been so far past reasonable or “balance”, the last 8 years, the huggers just need to STFU for 10-12 years.

So FO.
      Enforce the protection laws we have and all is well.

• dayallaxeded says:

The EPA and radical greens, like radical “animal rights” types are just more units in the SJW/Anarchy armies of Soros and other fraud-banksters who thrive on volatility and driving all labor to turd world, mud-flat levels. Their goal is to disrupt and co-opt for themselves everyone else’s opportunities, including especially those of their consumable minions. What’s really needed in the area of environmental enforcement is simply executive and corporate accountability–if they have to live and raise their families where they work, they’ll be motivated to work cleanly. Basic “don’t be a dirty bird” principle. Trump gets it. Everyone else can, too.

28. UKExpat says:

Watching all the LIBTARDS heads explode as Trump relentlessly goes about FIXING America is absolutely hilarious.

29. UKExpat says:

Anyone who believes that the MINUTE portion that PUNY MAN adds to the already MINUSCULE atmospheric TRACE GAS that is CO2 affects the NATURAL PHENOMENON of Climate Change in any way whatsoever is a CRETIN. See that big YELLOW thing in the sky THAT, and its VARIATIONS, is what controls the climate,