Glenn Beck joined Bill O’Reilly last night to talk about his planned border visit and the “angry death threats” he’s gotten from conservatives for doing so. Beck said he understands the anger, but insisted he has a “responsibility to God” to put aside politics and help people in need.

Beck said he’s raised $1.8 million dollars so far, but acknowledges the frustration many have with the broken immigration system. He said there are “some people [that] believe that I’m just gonna make things worse” and even “encouraging people to come here.”

Beck told O’Reilly that yes, he’s getting threats from the far-right, but politics don’t matter here because “it’s evil what’s happening to these children.” O’Reilly agreed with Beck’s cause and said he would donate as well.

Here’s where and why I think Beck is seriously wrong misguided in his approach.

glenn-beck-rally-pic_550x310First off, knock it off with the “right wing threats” talking points.  The transparency of pity is obvious and it only plays into the hands of the liberals who will say “look, even Glenn Beck says the right wingers are hateful people“.   Just stop that.

That nonsense looks like, and is used in exactly the same deflective/divisive way as, Eric Holder proclaiming opposition to him and the President is based on race.  Just stop that nonsense.

However, all of that is small ball issues.   The larger issue is one of misplaced intentions.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see President Obama using the term “faith-based charities” to understand what is being presented.    It’s the same shtick with Democrats and their “drag-in-the-preacher-guy-before-a-legislative-debate” nonsense.

Neither Obama nor Nancy Pelosi give a hoot about religion, faith or charity.   To them these are political constructs housed in the same armory as other shields like “racism”, “the War On Women”, “The One Percent” and “working class”.

They will take down the sword of ridicule, strike with the axe of marginalization, while simultaneously hiding behind the religious shield as they’re en route to the DNC convention where they will thrice deny God in their platform.

pelosi and preistspelosi and pope

So does it really strike as, well, less than sanctimonious, to put a preacher at the bully pulpit while obfuscating your demand for abortion, or removal of God -in any form- from public society.

Yes, the Dem lo-fo’s buy it every time – whatever.   The problem for Beck Inc. is that we ain’t lo-fo’s, and we can actually carry out a journey of logic, to it’s unsurprising conclusion in the land of consequence, prior to departure.

Sometimes ya’ gotta call the baby ugly – because Gerber this is not.

Preliminary review of Dept of Homeland Security and Health and Human Services grants for the past few years show a serious amount of money being sent by the U.S. government, and specifically by President Obama, to “faith based” organizations in/around the border region.

I mean, a lot of money.

I mean, hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars specifically for grants around Unaccompanied Illegal Alien Children, and other Illegal Alien border crossers….

•  Between Dec 2010 and Nov 2013, the Catholic Charities Diocese of Galveston received $15,549,078 in federal grants from Health & Human Services for “Unaccompanied Alien Children Project” with a program description of “Refugee and Entry Assistance.”

•  Last year, the Catholic Charities Diocese of Fort Worth received $350,000 from Department of Homeland Security for “citizenship and education training” with a program description of “citizenship and immigration services.”

•  Between September 2010 and September 2013, the Catholic Charities of Dallas received $823,658 from the Department of Homeland Security for “Citizenship Education Training” for “refugee and entrant assistance.”

From Dec 2012 to January 2014, Baptist Child & Family Services received $62,111,126 in federal grants from Health & Human Services for “Unaccompanied Alien Children Program.”   (link)

HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS….

So here’s the issue for Mr. Teddy Bear and Sniffle balls.

When you have THAT MUCH money at stake.  It stops being about the charity of the process and becomes a business function of financial dependence unto itself.

The vested interests of the Catholic “Archdiocese”, or Baptist “ministry” changes from one of charity, to one of facilitation of a process.    You cannot have hundreds of millions floating around without the organization on the receiving end winding up with a vested financial interest in the continuance of the process.

Those examples above are merely the tip of the iceberg.   We’re talking BIG MONEY.

So here’s the issue.

Or list out the “churches” who would be the benefactors of the program you say is so desperately needed, and allow us to review what the DHS and HHS Grant money has been to the entity before you arrived.    Money, I might add, that is taxpayer funded charity from all 50 states without a single taxpayer having a word into whether or not such activity is actually in the best interests of a secure border.

Okay, okay go ahead flog me for inquiring….

illegal alien 10

How’s that whole transparency thing working out ?

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Christian Values, Conspiracy ?, Cultural Marxism, Dear Leader - Creepy POTUS Worship, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2014, Illegal Aliens, media bias, Mexico, Notorious Liars, Operation Brown Dream, propaganda, Tea Party, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

98 Responses to Glenn Beck Discusses Border Crisis and His Charity Plan – The Bold and Sanctimonious Tour

1. casparweinburger says:

Is it just me, or does Beck look like Colonel Sanders in this video?

2. conservalicious says:

Yeah, I think Glenn Beck has gone off the rails on this issue. I think he is doing this more for his ego than for the children. I might be wrong but he sure seems to be out there boasting all he is doing at the expense of the conservative base with his insulting innuendos.

3. Aslan's Girl says:

Dana Loesch is in on this, too? Ugh. Beck’s one thing — he’s been a little cray-cray for years. I had more hope for Dana.

This is theatre, using “faith” makes me sick. I see what Obama is doing with this faith-community crap and I call it “Biblical witchcraft” which is a term I heard a minister use for when evil people twist the Bible to use against Christians.

• Pam says:

Unfortunately, I learned a lot about Dana a couple of years ago when I was on twitter. She had almost a cult following. She is quite an operator, and, imo, not a very nice person.

• Czar of Defenestration says:

What I hate about all this “faith-based” talk is that
      IT IS UTTERLY CYNICAL GARBAGE.
      It only has to do with pulling the SAD-EYED CLOWN strings of Americans,
      lo-fo or otherwise.
      These illegals can die for all I care; in the bigger picture, this is OUR country.
      They need to GO HOME.
      If they won’t, we need to force them out.
      p.s. Spare me the boo friggin’ hoo “you don’t care” crpla; save it for Beck and the Dems.

4. Essentially, Beck is the new Geraldo.

5. steve c says:

Beck’s kids and grandkids won’t have to deal with the public school system or worry about local community services being overwhelmed because he is a multimillionaire who lives in a wealthy neighborhood, I just saw this quote by Victor Hansen that applies to Beck:
    ” Modern liberalism has descended into the art of rich people blaming the lower middle class for not being generous enough with money they don’t have.”

• boutis says:

Christian charity is not “Christian” if it is using extorted tax money either. I have real questions that the so called Texas “Baptist” child welfare group is really associated with Baptists. This group started out as a privately funded orphanage in Maryland a hundred years ago that grew into a multi-state “non-profit” that subcontracts social services to states and localities. This is also the group that employs the guards that refer to themselves as “brownshirts” and were threatening contracted health care workers in San Antonio to not talk about lice, scabies, and severe mental illness of the illegals crammed into military buildings. I could set up a business tomorrow called the Methodist Boys and Girls Daycare and it wouldn’t have jack to do with Methodists or even necessarily daycare.

• justfactsplz says:

I totally agree. I doubt if any of these non profit “charities” are faith based. More like money based and power imo.

• rashomon says:

Great observation for those who are unfamiliar with this “growth industry.”

• Irish Eyes says:

Exactly. It’s not charity if you’re getting paid for it. Jesus didn’t tell the rich young man to get a federal grant to help the poor; he told him to sell his own belongings.

• Sam says:

I wondered about Baptist involvement and did a few searches on that Baptist group. Turns out they are HISPANIC Baptists, with the emphasis on Hispanic. So they are Hispanic first, Baptist perhaps, but they focus on charity for Hispanic people. They seem to support Aztlan for Hispanics from what I saw.

6. daniel says:

How about children of people in prison? Those children are blameless victims of their parents’ bad choices tool right? Sorry but to quote the semi famous black woman and her rant, we gotta take care the kids we already got!

• boutis says:

This may be how the Democrats loose their grip on minorities, the working poor, women, and low income people who automatically vote Democrat. The burden of absorbing alien hordes and sharing limited resources with the new favored “victim” while people like Beck preach at them is not going over well. I watched progressive commentator and writer Kristen Powers become agitated and very angry when the rest of the panel did not want to follow HER conscience in taking care of every poor child in the world. Using other people’s money, homes, communities and taking from their children’s welfare to meet her psychological needs. She went to the border and was presented with pre-selected children with horror stories who cried and screamed for her on cue. It never occurred to this clueless, divorced and childless woman that their own parents, relatives and government did this to them and not the US taxpayer. From observing her behavior and thought patterns I think she has a screw loose.

• AghastInFL says:

Where is the like button? I agree 100 fold.

• auscitizenmom says:

I have always thought that.

• Josh says:

“This [issue of immigration] may be how the Democrats loose their grip on minorities, the working poor, women, and low income people who automatically vote Democrat. The burden of absorbing alien hordes and sharing limited resources with the new favored “victim” … is not going over well.” – YES and I don’t believe the Democrats understand this which is wonderful. I also doubt the Republicans understand this or else they’d be pushing the logic, or illogic, of it.

“Using other people’s money, homes, communities and taking from their children’s welfare …” YES to this as well. It is only a matter of time before the repercussions of the intake of the illegals affects the wallets (or EBT cards) of those on the government dole.

Conservatives need to be shouting this warning. Politically speaking – this is a crisis they should not allow to go to waste.

• elvischupacabra says:

“Liberalism is a Mental Disorder” is not just a book title but a fact.

• stella says:

I agree with most of what you say. Small point – I believe Kirsten is married (2010) to Dr. Marty Makary(sp?), who is chief of Public Health at Johns Hopkins. He is a Christian from Egypt.

• John Denney says:

And she is a relatively new believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. It always used to strike me that she had dead eyes, but now I see life in them.

• Dixie Darling says:

I have NEVER been able to tolerate her.

7. stella says:

This seems to go along with Rupert Murdoch’s push to “normalize” the illegals.

If Beck really wants to help “the children”, why doesn’t he go to their home countries to do it? I didn’t see that he was all that concerned as long they weren’t in the United States.

8. Ellie says:

Maybe the doc needs to up the doses on his medications.

9. These kids are victims in their own country. Here, they are WEAPONS. Being used to overwhelm the system.
    I’m not playing, “Who’s The Better Christian” with this guy. I don’t need his aggravation. Its better for me to just TURN HIM OFF. So I did.

10. rashomon says:

Sundance honed in on the problem: the use of “faith-based” organizations to perpetuate the agenda of a political party. Illegal. Wrong. Evil. Did I say ILLEGAL?

11. Attorney says:

Phony.

12. LetJusticePrevail" says:

“Bold and Sanctimonious Tour”

LOL now THAT is funny!

13. In 21st Century America, all roads lead to Hell. Trust me on this. 😦

14. labrat says:

I’m a soft touch and a bit of a sucker. Yes, that means I’ve done some real good. It also means I’ve been burned. This “humanitarian crisis” doesn’t pass my smell test. Too many things don’t add up. These people are supposed to be destitute and hungry and yet they purportedly paid thousands to coyotes and they all appear WDWN (well developed, well nourished), plump even. There are supposedly 50,000+ UAC’s and yet even in the rare photograph – all the actual children seem to be with adult women and the UAC”S all appear to be males in their late teens. No one ever mentions the thousands of adults that are also crossing the border and the relatives of these “children” are casually referred to, yet no one questions their legal status or just toss aside the almost certain reality that they are illegal too. Most telling is the restricted access the media and interested parties have to these “refugees’. Father forgive me – I do not trust these people.

• Sharon says:

I don’t think there is anything in view which requires forgiveness from your Father. Seems to me like your thinking rises from wisdom. Mistrust is not always a result of lack of love.

At one point it is said of Jesus in the Gospels, “He did not trust Himself to them because He knew their hearts….” (loosely from memory)

• John Denney says:

“Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name, observing His signs which He was doing. But Jesus, on His part, was not entrusting Himself to them, for He knew all men, and because He did not need anyone to testify concerning man, for He Himself knew what was in man.” – John 2:23-25

• Josh says:

labrat, please be patient with me. I’ve got to call you out for your use of the phrase “no one” as it is not accurate. Beyond that, my friend, you are spot on. Oh, and G-d has given you insight for a reason. I’m going to guess that he is happy with your use of it:-)

• Czar of Defenestration says:

That’s because IT’S NOT A “humanitarian crisis”!!!
      For goodness sakes, STOP buying into Obama’s language games!
      This is an invasion of our country.
      This is a planned preparation of the takeover by Democrats (and their new voters).
      Nothing less.

• Josh says:

“IT’S NOT A “humanitarian crisis”!!!”
        That is why labrat put it in quotes – labrat ain’t buying it.

• It’s also the first part of Joel 2.

Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.

4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.

5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.

6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.

7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:

8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.

10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

11 And the Lord shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

Because we didn’t do what was prescribed in the rest of the chapter,

Over your walls and through your windows.

Maranatha, Come, Lord Jesus.

15. Pingback: GLENN BECK’S “BOLD & SANCTIMONIOUS” TOUR | The Radio Patriot

16. AdukeLAXobserver says:

It’s evil what’s happening to this country Beck. We are drowning under a mountain of debt. The job market sucks. We can’t even take care of our own people. And you want us to open our arms to even more people that don’t respect our laws and will likely never respect our laws. No thanks. Every one of these invaders should be sent back home yesterday.

17. michellc says:

I guess I need to be flogged as well and maybe more so than you Sundance. I believe Beck has shown he is a phony. When people disagreed with him on Bundy and Americans standing up to the bullies, he went on attack while claiming he was getting death threats from the far right.

Conservatives once again disagree with him and he’s again claiming he’s getting death threats.

So my opinion of Glenn Beck is he has used conservatives to fill his bank account and never was truly a conservative and never truly cared about the country, he cares about Glenn Beck. The best thing conservatives can do is ignore him and shut him off. Don’t read his stuff, don’t listen to him and cancel their subscriptions.

As for using the Christian duty argument, where was he when these kids were in their own country? Where in the Bible does it say I should take from my neighbor to feed and clothe others? I also seem to remember Jesus saying not to be like the hypocrites sounding a trumpet so they can have glory of men. Instead do not let your right hand know what your left hand is doing, do it in secret where God sees it not men.

• AdukeLAXobserver says:

What Beck is doing here reminds me of what O’Reilly has done for years. He will always find a issue to not agree with the right on. Then attack, in hopes that the left will love him or at least say what a swell guy he is. Not like the rest of those right wingers. It also gives him the ability to say look at all the times I have disagreed with those on the right. In his mind it probably gives him independent thinker street cred.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

This whole dilemma is an intended part of the scheme Obama (and his cronies) launched. THIS was their very intention: To place people in the (very real) position of having to choose what is best for their country, their families, and themselves OVER the optic of these “poor starving lil chirrens.”

The message is: If you don’t adopt a socialist mentality, then you are a selfish, racist,and immoral person It’s nothing more than a “staged emergency” created for the cameras and designed to give Americans a “gut check moment” in which they are forced to judge themselves (and others) in the manner that Obama wants us do. To him,we’re mice in a maze, being herded to the conclusions HE chose for us. Don’s fall for it. The premise for the “Grand Experiment” is a lie.

• nyetneetot says:

…” If you don’t adopt a socialist mentality, then you are a selfish, racist, and immoral person”…
        That sums up that tactic perfectly.

• michellc says:

When we have people who supposedly speak for conservatives not only falling for it but joining in on the plan it sure makes it easy for him.

My circle of who I trust shrinks daily. Anyone associated with media I don’t trust, especially when they make their money that way. A lot more money to be made with a socialist agenda than a conservative one. I wonder how many progs clicked on the blaze to hear Beck call out all those crazy right wing gun nuts in Nevada and all those crazy right wing nuts who want to starve the children? Not to mention there is government money to be paid by feeding those poor souls.

• taqiyyologist says:

I don;t know a celebrity “rightwinger” I don’t feel this way about.

18. pbunyan says:

Sundance, as well as the commenters on this thread, have all made good points, but the excellent point that Glenn Beck makes is that what Obama and the central American leaders who are helping Obama orchestrate this invasion by children are pure evil. What they are doing to these children is pure evil. These children are, for the most part, innocent victims of these purely evil politicians. So Glenn is right that we must stand up to and fight evil. Maybe the way he’s going about it is misguided, but I think at least he is recognizing and trying to fight the evil.

• Mr. Beck is hoping beyond hope that there is a “Heaven” and this is his ticket.
      Tuberculosis will fast-track him either there or here. 😈

• pbunyan says:

“Mr. Beck is hoping beyond hope that there is a “Heaven” and this is his ticket.”

Not unlike a camel hoping beyond hope that he can pass through the eye of a needle…

• John Denney says:

Zaccheus exemplifies the miracle of a camel passing through the eye of a needle.
          “And there was a man called by the name of Zaccheus; he was a chief tax collector and he was rich . . .” – Luke 19:2ff

• Josh says:

F.D.R. …….
        (shaking head while smiling)

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

Glenn is enabling Obama’s behavior,and is simultaneously trying to shame America into adopting the same co-dependent behavior. Sorry, but I’m not jumping on the “Feed the Chirrens” bandwagon. Put them in tent cities and sate them with Nutri-Bread until they can be sent home. Glenn is just another dupe in Obama’s scheme.

• pbunyan says:

Just for clarification here, I’m not saying that I think what Beck is doing is right, and the way he’s going about it is not good at all. And I do agree with most here, that what Beck does is mostly for and about Beck. I used to like him years ago, but as he gained fame and wealth he has become more and more a piece of crap.

Yet, I can’t help but feel repulsed by the total pure evil of Obama and the Central American leader who are using these children. They will all be with you in time, FDR, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

• nyetneetot says:

Try this;

Illegal immigrant children = Trayvon Martin

Victim of upbringing (which you are being made to focus on), but potential murderous thug(s) to anyone outside of the immediate family circle. (Times 60K+ and counting)

Christian charity will be accepted but you may also have more taken from you in the end than you intended to give.

• Josh says:

pbunyan, you refer to the “children” only – why? Too many of those coming over here have passed the stage of “child” long, long ago.

The parents of the “children” need to be brought up on charges of child endangerment.

19. ensitue says:

I am completely ambiguous about this:
    One the one hand Christianity is the antidote to fascism and the path that leads to capitalism and human rights, our laws are (were) based upon it.
    Inserting private charity into Obama’s state run invasion is a powerful wedge and a way to derail his secret operation on the border by getting more and more charities involved. If Obama tries to stop a million $s in charity his agenda becomes clear but this alone will not stop Obama’s war against America. There is a strategic motive as well as a charitable motive at work here.

The money could be spent buying emergency supplies for Americans who will need it soon enough

• John Denney says:

Personal charity also gives one the opportunity to impress American ideals on our “guests”:

Personal success/prosperity requires 4 things:
      1) Can-do attitude
      2) Diligence
      3) Continuous learning
      4) Trustworthiness
      They apply to all regardless of age, gender, coloration, history, or disability.
      The primary job of the government (“We the People”) is to defend each person’s life, liberty, and property because all people are created equal and endowed by their Creator with the right to those things and more.

It’s a powerful message in only 60 words.

20. Annie says:

Beck shouldn’t have taken the money from what listeners he has left so he could join the ranks of the self-righteous chest beaters. If he was looking for a biblical solution, as strangers he could have taken them in. Provide the necessities needed for ” the children” and shut his big pie hole condemning and name calling. Which leads me to ask just how strong is his religious faith?
    Not to say, Beck contributed greatly to my knowledge of the organization and people who pull the strings and have the power in this administration. Just my opinion, but I believe the turn around in Beck came from being threatened by the opposition and he did not want to risk danger to his family especially the new granddaughter. They have essentially neutered him.

Just wanted to add: Well said SD.

• Josh says:

I’m not going to question the strength of Mr. Beck’s faith however … he belongs to a religion where members seek a status from within the organization from other members. A member rises in levels of prominence when other members (higher in prominence) have deemed the lower member worthy. Don’t know if I’ve explained it well but I have a problem with religions like that.

And what michellc stated above: “I also seem to remember Jesus saying not to be like the hypocrites sounding a trumpet so they can have glory of men. Instead do not let your right hand know what your left hand is doing, do it in secret where God sees it not men.”

21. czarowniczy says:

To me Beck is a TV personality who uses every opportunity to hold his personal marketing advantage – it’s how personality is promoted in Hollyork. Beck’s frequently got the message, I can ignore the promotion.
    We all have our bad moments, I recall the famous “…God said, ‘I want you to use the ORU medical school to put My medical presence in the earth. I want you to get this going in one year or I will call you home!” It’s hard to come up with a fresh program every day, keep the fan-based tuned in enough to keep the sponsors and air-time owners happy so that they don’t put yet another modern country music program on instead of Glenn. He’s in a bit of a bind as it’s hard to fond a college/university that teaches conservative propaganda and factual (vice ‘creative’) writing. Too bad as we could use a larger conservative buffet.

22. joanfoster says:

I suppose the bigger question and a more practical one is how many 14 – 40 year old still play with soccer balls and teddy bears? The narrative that we are dealing with “children” should be abandoned by conservatives at every opportunity because if the pictures speak the truth, the vast majority of these illegals are young adults and male. The “children”: lie needs to be confronted.

23. chiavarm says:

SD,

I don’t want to beat you up, but as conservatives we believe people have the right to be stupid. In Glenn Beck’s case I like your term misguided, but it is his money and money that is being donated to him for this cause. I agree with Aslan’s Girl that this is for show and in reality 2 million is just a drop in the bucket. It is not going to entice more people to come for a teddy bear or a soccer ball.

This is anger, that we as citizens feel helpless because our government is out of control. Let’s let GB have his dog and pony show in peace.

• Josh says:

“Let’s let GB have his dog and pony show in peace.” Glenn Beck can do what Glenn Beck wants to do. We cannot stop him. I WILL continue to call him, or anyone, out who I believe is wrong.

• joanfoster says:

Dog and Pony Show is correct, and this isn’t the first one Beck has conducted. I am truly disappointed in him not only for this latest foray into attempting to be loved by the left, but for his blatant attempt to make certain that the optics are all about him. In many ways we saw George Bush do the same kind of things hoping that liberals would proclaim him a good guy with good intentions. It never worked for him and it will not work for Glenn Beck.

• sundance says:

I’m not opposed to what Glenn is doing per se’. What I am saying is he shouldn’t use conservatives and false flag accusations to advance pity for himself.

Remember Eric Holder saying folks don’t like me because I’m black a few days ago?…. Or Emanuel Cleaver 2010 and the mysterious invisible “tea party spitting on me” on the steps of the capitol during obamacare?…. Beck, Holder, Cleaver = same/same reason to use.

Secondly, I think it is highly ambiguous to say “these border churches need money” for the UAC’s, when I can clearly show that those specific entities have rec’d hundreds of millions for this exact purpose….. and how’s that working out for us ? Is it better or worse ?

[And that is not even to mention the American Red Cross activity that I note in many of the pictures of this “crisis” – – How much is funneling through the Red Cross via taxpayers?]

Soccer Balls and Teddy Bears ? Really? Really?

Odd, but I don’t remember those items on any wish list for Samaritans Purse, or other entities who were going directly to the root nations of the crisis.

Then again, maybe I just missed the hundreds of thousands of Haitian refugee settlement camps set up along the southern border.

24. Czar of Defenestration says:

If “the far right wing is hateful” is “small ball,
    then SO IS “howl much money Beck is giving” or even “to whom”.

Beck IS WRONG.

Main thing still is:
    it encourages even more of a flood of illegals
    the sympathy aspect supports the Democrats’ push for amnesty…
    ….which will necessarily be followed by citizenship…
    …and giving them LEGAL (as if this filth – or the Dems – cared about that detail, anyway) right to vote, meaning…
    BIENVENIDOS A AMERICA SOCIALISTA, !OLE!

25. Josh says:

I’ve made my feelings known, about Glenn Beck, months ago. I wish him well and hope he sees where he is erring and then corrects himself.

26. Janetoo says:

When I first heard Beck about 10-15 years ago on the radio while driving through PA – he was definitley not a conservative – he had many liberal ideas. He was always pro-life, I believe, and that is what defined him as “conservative” but I think he actually was more of a left of center pro-lifer back then. Just my opinion.

27. Cetera says:

There are a couple of things we need to remember about Glenn Beck:

1. He’s done a lot of really great things for us, and for the side of the Truth, recently and historically. He’s stuck his neck out time and again to expose the Truth. He’s one of the only “big” media figures to really delve deep into Benghazi and the weapons angle. He exposed a lot of the organization behind Obama, Soros, Acorn, etc.
    2. The guy operates on emotion first and foremost. He’s good with big picture ideas and and stories, and he’s good with following trails and understanding scopes. He’s absolutely terrible at organization, policies, procedures, processess, and details. When it comes to the details, he can’t focus long enough to think it all the way through, and emotion takes over and clouds his logical abilities.

3. He’s an alcoholic and drug abuser, with a lot of deep psychological issues. He’s overcome a lot of this, and found his religion, but his failures and his temptations I think still haunt him to a very large degree.

4. He’s a former Catholic who converted to Mormonism. Mormonism was his “any port in a storm, grasping at straws” kind of desperation attempt at salvation. I think he gets hung up on it a lot. It doesn’t seem to fit him and his understanding very well, and I think it causes a lot of internal conflicts that he doesn’t have the ability to reconcile. At the same time, I think the Mormon church saved his life, so he’s not ever going to change or disbelieve, and must believe that any conflicts he has with the church must be internal to him and because of him, so he redoubles his efforts to believe, and tries to force out his doubts. That leads to a very schizoid religiosity from him, and results in bizarre choices like this.

5. He’s dying. Literally. It is true he’s dying very slowly, but I don’t think he makes it another ten years, and I don’t think he’ll have the capacity to act publicly for another five years. Couple his knowledge of his impending death and running out of time to try to contribute, with #s 2, 3, and 4, and you have the potential for an individual who really wants to do good and right, doesn’t know exactly what that should be, and is desperately trying to make up for past wrongs, and still help those who need help.

I don’t know how many of you follow him, or pay much attention to him, but it sure seems to me that the sicker he became, the more doctors couldn’t figure out what was going on, and the worse the diagnoses became, the more unhinged and inconsistent he became.

If he says he’s getting death threats, I have no reason to necessarily doubt that. He’s a polarizing figure, and not everyone on the right is a paragon of virtue and restraint. I’m pretty sure he’s gotten more death threats from the left, and some just because he’s Mormon.

I would recommend praying for him. Don’t treat him as a traitor, don’t scourge him for his weaknesses and his inconsistencies, and don’t castrate him for his failures. We’ve all got issues, we all have weaknesses, and we all succumb at one time or another and fail ourselves, our countrymen, and our God. We’re human. It is for those reasons that Christ came. The older I get, the more I truly understand that I/we can’t do it ourselves. We can’t save ourselves. We have to rely on Him.

I’m also not saying trust Glenn. I don’t. He’s really struggling, and I don’t think he’s doing the right thing or making the right choices. I’m not renewing my subscription to him. I’ve changed my AmazonSmile donations from Mercury One to the Wounded Warrior Foundation. I’m not giving him any more money, ’cause I think he’s wrong more often than not these days, and I don’t trust him to be a good steward of the money I’ve given him and could give him.

That being said, I’ll ally with him on issues where he stands where I do, and work against him and vocally oppose him when we disagree. It has been precious few of the former and a lot more of the latter recently. I’ll recognize the good he’s done, and push back against the bad. I’ll support where I feel right, and oppose where necessary.

To sum up:
    The gov’t is evil. It is evil to use children as pawns in this political way, and to cause children to die. I will not say anything nice about anyone in power should the Lord ever ask my opinion. I’m grateful that he will not.

Beck is trying to do the right thing. I think he’s wrong. I think he’s got some fundamental issues with discernment in his life. He’s trying to help the innocent and take care of them while the evil is using them. He’s not understanding the big picture, and he’s being used. Maybe he knows he’s being used, maybe not. Don’t trust Glenn’s judgement on anything. Evaluate it yourself.

• Cetera says:

I guess what I’m really trying to say is that Glenn Beck is not TWANLOC (Those Who Are No Longer Our Countrymen). He’s not evil. He doesn’t hate the country. He’s just wrong. He’s just incorrect. He’s also not lost without hope.

I’d rather have him as a neighbor than anyone currently living or “serving” in D.C.

• John Denney says:

Well spoken.

• P.Spinach says:

I didn’t realize Glenn Beck was sick. If so, this is no reason to be making a big troubador affair over his desire for salvation. It doesn’t mix, and it doesn’t buy one a ticket to heaven while endangering millions of Americans for thousands of questionable refugees while blow horning it to the public what a good man he is. If he wanted to settle business with God, then do it privately. There is no need to attack Conservatives who disagree with him and hence attack the Conservative future in such a public display.

My opinion, in light of the sell outs beginning, visibly starting with John McCain, then Cochran, and now Glenn Beck, is instead of seeking true ministration from God, they jump like fleas to any new dog to survive. These rinos see how Democrats rule the roost with media and the last straw are new voters flooding the landscape, if they can’t beat them, they join ’em. It truly tests their nettle and beliefs. God separates the wheat from the chafe.

But you are right, in that GB collected some good karmic points and this may help him. He is cancelling them now.

• Cetera says:

I’m not condoning Glenn’s choices or actions. I don’t think it is the right thing to do. I think he’s misguided.

I also don’t agree with people who become anti-Christian because they or someone they know were buggered by a priest. That is also misguided. However, it is easy to see how one can make a personal, emotional leap from one to the other.

Not everyone who is on our side is on it for the right reasons, and not everyone claiming to be on our side are necessarily nice, well-intentioned, focused on the Truth, or even sane. I would hazard, however, that more of those that are conservative and/or libertarian are normal, decent folks than is the population of the leftists, Marxists, socialists, anti-colonialists, one-worlders, etc.

We should never, ever, cover for or condone someone actions because they happened to be allied with us. We root out our own problems, and we handle them. We let the sunshine in everywhere. If there are evildoers in our midst, we need to expose them every bit as much as we need to expose those that aim to do us and our nation harm.

If Beck’s doing this just for sympathy with the Left, then he’ll answer for it. I’m angry at him for a lot of the stuff he’s done recently. I don’t feel attacked by him. Is he handling events well? Nope, I don’t think he is. Is he helping to solve problems? No, I don’t believe so.

The enemy of my enemy is not my friend. The one who disagrees with me is not my enemy. I may have friends who disagree with me, and I may have allies who are disagree with me.

I think it is much, much too early to call Glenn an enemy. Let’s put the sunlight on him. He claims the Truth has no agenda. Fine, let us expose the Truth. We’ll either fix some issues, identify reality, and maybe change some minds, or we’ll discover who he has really been concealing all these years.

Frankly, I think it is doubtful he’s betrayed us, or is a traitor, etc. He’s human. He’s going to be wrong on issues. He’s going to make mistakes. I will not claim a monopoly on Truth or Justice or Right.

I’m even willing to acknowledge that I may be incorrect on this. In a few years, looking back, after our country has fallen to a much lower standard than we currently enjoy, will we all view this situation the same? Beats me. I can’t make that claim. We may all be too close to this situation, watching everything come undone before our eyes.

If you saw an illegal being beaten or raped by the side of the road, would you stop to help? What about an illegal child drowning, would you stop and help? Knowing they were illegal, knowing they had no right to take from others, knowing they had put themselves in this situation with knowledge and forethought, would you still help? Or would you let them suffer their fate and turn away?

Myself, I’d help. I think that is what Glenn sees himself doing. I think he’s wrong; I don’t think it is that situation. I also don’t think Glenn understands fully what he is doing. I myself will not participate in his actions. I’m also not about to claim that it is an easy call.

• P.Spinach says:

I understand your POV about would you help if you saw someone on the road who needed the help? I just don’t think bringing a camera to the event and a teddy bear is going to help. Some cash is good for a spell. Then what? What about the disease brought to America? Is that something Christians feel is alright? Suicide is not in the Bible. It’s a slap in the face of vitality.

Christians and the norm is mis-guided for decades when we think that throwing cash at African poor or South American poor is going to magically remove poverty. It never has, and it never will. The problem is lack of responsibility of the governments and a vacuum hovering over poor countries. As a child and teen, I was told drought was the problem in Ethiopia. Etc. Etc. Etc. Throwing money at it only feeds the system that failed in the first place. Do something different, for a change. Don’t keep throwing the same ball, same spin. I don’t have the answers. But I don’t mistaken pity for righteous action.

By the same token, bottom line, emphasis mine, switching sides just because one side seems to be winning is a cop out.

• nyetneetot says:

Agreed.

• rashomon says:

I just don’t have time for him when so many others accomplish so much more without all the histrionics.

28. P.Spinach says:

Glenn Beck wants to run for presidency one day. His ego has gotten big. He sees these UACs growing up just in time to be a huge influx of # voters. Teddy bears and soccer balls is the age-old public relations ploy because everyone knows these children don’t need teddy bears and soccer balls. They need to be something other than things to be manipulated like turtles. Send a thousand over and if 998 die in the process to save one turtle, it fits their political agenda. What could be better than mass murder of children dying supposedly seeking opportunity. Obama and Democrats look for these kinds of two for one deals. The result is never good.

29. Bill says:

I thought God’s work was supposed to be anonymous. This has been going on for years but now that it’s in the headlines everybody starts showing up.

30. Bill says:

When are these publicity hounds going to start saying something against those who are really causing ALL the problems. Those here in the States snorting cocaine, crack, and smoking pot. That is why there is so much violence down there and chaos. Thanks to these bums who are getting off free in the blame game we have this mess. Thanks you screwballs..

31. Pingback: The Radio Patriot

32. Pingback: Baptist Child and Family Services: The Entity in Bed with the Obama Regime

33. HorseMom says:

You just hit my exact feelings on the beck situation. Very nicely put and very well spoken. The border business is what it is not border crisis. I’m sad to see Beck has turned on those who lined his pockets. Really too bad as we don’t need high profile conservatives acting like morons it’s just bad for the conservative movement.