Many people are wondering why Republicans are not doing more to stop the Illegal Alien influx, and more specifically not stop President Obama’s approach.   We can answer that question…..

….But before we do everyone needs to stop being a co-dependent and accept what is in front of us.

tom donohue

This guy, Tom Donohue, is at the root of the matter.

Tom Donohue is the President of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the CoC.

The CoC wants amnesty legislation, the CoC is also the primary source of campaign funding for the following Republicans:

Mitch McConnell (R-KY),  Rob Portman (R-OH), Bob Corker (R-TN),  Roger Wicker (R-MS),  John Barrasso (R-WY), Roy Blunt (R-MO), John Cornyn (R-TX), Dean Heller (R-NV),  Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), John Thune (R-SD), Lamar Alexander (R-TN), Saxby Chambliss (R-GA),  Dan Coats (R-IN), Mike Crapo (R-ID), Mike Enzi (R-WY), Chuck Grassley (R-IA), Orrin Hatch (R-UT), Mark Kirk (R-IL), Jerry Moran (R-KS),  Mike Johanns (R-NE), Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), John Boozman (R-AR), Richard Burr (R-NC),  Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Jim Inhofe (R-OK), Johnny Isakson (R-GA), John McCain (R-AZ), Jim Risch (R-ID), Pat Roberts (R-KS), Richard Shelby (R-AL),  Deb Fischer (R-NE) and John Hoeven (R-ND).

For those keeping score that’s 32, yes thirty two, of the current GOP Senators.

cornyn_graham_roberts_cochran_mcconnell_ap

The CoC funds them directly, and funds PAC’s and Super PAC’s that act on their behalf.  If you have a Senator on that list, you can call them to verify what you are about to read.  (I’ll list their phone numbers at the end).

Through his various lobbying constructs CoC President Tom Donohue has pledged $50,000,000 to those names listed above this year alone.   Do the math – that’s about $1.5 million each.

And that’s the MINIMUM he will spend.   He’ll spend around an equivalent amount on funding PAC’s (Political Action Committee’s) that act on their behalf.   In addition he’ll spend about another $50 million on “in-kind” activities, junkets, and trips to support the ongoing alliance.

All of this in 2014 is to insure 3 things get done:

• FIRST – The full implementation of ObamaCare to remove the cost of healthcare coverage from a variable, and growing, business cost/concern – to a fixed and static business cost.
      • SECOND – Comprehensive Immigration reform to include “Amnesty”.
      • THIRD – The full execution and federal rollout of Common Core education.

These are Tom Donohue’s, and the CoC’s, primary objectives.

Anyone who opposes this agenda, think Chris McDaniel in Mississippi or Ken Cuccinilli in Virginia, will not be supported;  and actually will be targeted for opposition.    The code of Omerta exists within this legion of doom.

Other entities also align with Tom Donohue, such as political heavyweight Jeb Bush, Karl Rove, Ed Gillespe, Rick Perry, Haley Barbour and media mogul Rupert Murdoch (FOX inc).   In addition most of the Koch Brothers objectives skirt around direct opposition to the CoC.

If you took a poll you would find most of those three CoC objectives are opposed by the majority of the electorate.    Amnesty being opposed by around 70 to 74% of U.S. citizens.

So you’ve got 32 elected GOP Senators holding adverse interests of the majority of their constituents.    In essence 32 GOP Senators, along with leadership in the House of Representatives –and a vast contingent there too– who are trying to remain in power, while simultaneously trying to facilitate the Donohue agenda.

By not actually opposing what Obama is doing, they are facilitating a need for them to deliver what Donohue and Obama want, comprehensive immigration reform.

Those Senators and House Leadership know how toxic and dangerous a risk it is to actively support “amnesty”.   They saw recently what happened to their ideological cohort Eric Cantor  [Remember, Cantor’s wife worked for Donohue].

So the GOP support “Amnesty”, by not opposing it – thereby removing the risk.

They support the crisis that Obama is creating; that crisis will ultimately deliver the change they seek to initiate.    They are able to criticize the administration, yet don’t have to do anything to oppose it.   That approach keeps them in office and attains the Donohue goals.

That’s why you don’t see them doing anything to stop the illegal alien influx.

illegal alien 8

And if you don’t believe your senator would be so obtuse as to allow such to happen, well, just call them and ask them.    You know how to sniff out bullshit when it’s said to you.  You don’t need to take our word for it; give them a call and listen to them explain it:

• Mitch McConnell (R-KY) — (202) 224-2541
      • Jim Risch (R-ID) — (202) 224-2752
      • Pat Roberts (R-KS) — (202) 224-4774
      • Richard Shelby (R-AL) — (202) 224-5744
      • Deb Fischer (R-NE) — (202) 224-6551
      • John Hoeven (R-ND) — (202) 224-2551

a17b2-hip-replacement-recall-bribery

This entry was posted in A New America, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Election 2014, Election 2016, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, Illegal Aliens, Mexico, Notorious Liars, Operation Brown Dream, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

94 Responses to Why Don’t Republicans Respond To Border Crisis? – People Want To Know Why The “GOP” Does Nothing To Stop The Illegal Alien Madness… We’ll Explain

1. justfactsplz says:

I don’t have a congress critter on that list but I strongly encourage those of you who do to call them and let them know they are not following the wishes of their constituents who vote them in and the nation as a whole. Every one of them needs to be voted out when they come up for re-election.

• Attorney says:

Don’t call them “critters” – that brings to mind something cute. Call them “lice,” or another name that is appropriately descriptive.

• justfactsplz says:

My apologies to cute critters, I love THEM.

• rashomon says:

Well, we’re certainly not going to call them “people/men/women” as there’s nothing humane about their narcissistic activities; they’re in politics for their own benefit. Congresscritters works because of the alliteration. I would, frankly, prefer “varmints,” ” vermin” or “vultures,” but none of those options roll off your tongue. “Congresscretins” occurs to me. Two syllables work well. Any other suggestions? We should definitely play Alinsky and repeat the same language over and over and over and over and over and over….

2. jakeandcrew says:

Wow, just…wow. Now I understand more of what Mark Levin yells about so much. (“Yeah, I said it!”) 😉

3. Chance says:

The best way to kill a snake is to cut off it’s head, just sayin…

4. elvischupacabra says:

Charlie Crist’s only redeeming quality is looking like he could quickly remove any pesky, unwanted chrome from a trailer hitch that a person wanted removed.

And what’s with RINOs and orange tans?

5. LetJusticePrevail" says:

That explanation doesn’t leave much to doubt as to the motives of these RINOs, but what about the other 13 GOP Senators:

Ted Cruz (TX), Jeff Sessions (AL), Jeff Flake (AZ), Marco Rubio (FL), Rand Paul (KY), David Vitter (LA), Susan Collins (ME), Thad Cochran (MS), Tom Coburn (OK), Pat Toomey (PA), Tim Scott (SC), Mike Lee (UT), and Ron Johnson (WI)?

How many of these folks have a base that requires them to be silent on Immigration Reform, Obamacare, or Common Core?

• Murse says:

As a Pennsylvanian, I am somewhat disappointed with Toomey, especially his sell-out position on the 2A. There is a rather large number of Hispanics in the greater Lancaster and Chester County areas but not enough to sway elections, at least for now.

• yankeeintx says:

My only guess is that they are waiting until after the elections. By then it is going to be even more expensive to track the illegals down that are now spread out all over the country. They need to be speaking out now!

• Sharon says:

They don’t want to speak out now. And they won’t. What’s happening is ok with them.

• yankeeintx says:

Ted Cruz said in January that he hoped that Republicans wouldn’t push for immigration reform. The fall elections should be huge for them. But what is happening now has nothing to do with immigration reform, we are being invaded. I don’t think this is okay with him, especially being a Senator from Texas, but I want to hear from him on how he feels about this and specifically what he wants to do about it. I was/am hoping that the Cantor loss would scare Rinos and let them know that they are not invincible. We can hope that a McConnell loss this fall will turn the tables in favor of true Conservatives.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

Yes, I want to hear from Ted Cruz, too, which is why I listed his name first. His home state of Texas is facing serious problems, so I would have thought he would be more vocal about demanding some action be taken to deter illegal immigration.

• Attorney says:

I have intimate ties to Texas and am appalled at what is going on. They are being invaded. Teachers and children will have to worry about diseases. This is so sick and disgusting, I am getting to where I may take an offer to relocate out of the USA for good.

• doxiemomma58 says:

Relocating is not the answer…..if u think it’s bad here, just move and you will find out that even with all of this going on the US is still the greatest place in the world to live. Trust me!! Not to mention the high cost of living in a foreign country and worries of safety. I’ve thought the same thing as you and every time I have to reign myself back in. It’s just not that easy.

• yankeeintx says:

It is very frustrating. I homeschool my youngest, but have grandchildren in public schools here in Texas. We pay property taxes, that include school tax, but yet I don’t get a refund or tax credit since I am not using the service. My grandson will be entering high school, and said he knows of quite a few students that are illegals. I don’t mind my tax dollars going to educate US citizens, but when my granddaughter has to take classes in a modular unit due to overcrowding because of illegals, that ticks me off.
              There is a house for sale across the ally from us. A few days ago an Hispanic family was viewing it. They came in 3 cars, there were at least 15 people out there. The trick down here is one will buy the house and move in 3-5 whole families (it’s only 1400 sq feet). They send off their dozen or so children to our schools. They pump out a few anchor babies and qualify for a whole array of entitlement programs. They do the same thing with apartments, but it is tougher to control when they actually own the home. They invade neighborhoods and then don’t understand why they become barrios due to white flight. I think that there are areas in our country where people just don’t understand how bad it is, and it is going to get worse.

• Attorney says:

Been saying it since 2008. The enemy you know is not as bad as the enemy who flies under the cover of being your friend. The GOP is like a family member who has turned to a life of crime and wants his family members to fund it. They are much more sinister at this point than the Democrats.

• Attorney says:

It is going to get much, much, much worse. The irony is that many Hispanics in S. Texas actively discriminate against non-Hispanics. We moved to Texas thinking of it as the last bastion of the land of the free, home of the brave. Not for long people. And I really think it may be time to leave the states for good.

• ctdar says:

If its a single family home with multi family’s in it, report them, and keep doing it.

• rashomon says:

I agree. Most towns have zoning laws that restrict the number of people/sq. ft. Look into it. Time to become a nuisance and get your other neighbors involved. One bad situation can ruin the housing prices and sense of community for all. Best wishes.

• mytorpor says:

Actually, most towns DON’T have the needed zoning laws to prevent Hispanics from crowding three or four families into homes and when they try to pass them, there are now Hispanic groups with a great deal of power and money, opposing such rules! They tried to get a law passed in my area that would force residents of a home to have so many square feet per person living in the home, but they could not get it passed after the Hispanic lobby came in and screamed racism! They claimed that it was their right to have their extended family living with them as that was part of their culture. And gullible citizens, not understanding the extent of the problem, forced the bill off the table.

• doxiemomma58 says:

Sad part is that the schools can not turn illegals away. They are required to accept anyone who walks through those doors. Policy change in order there. Sick of it too!!!! Now you know why I retired after 30 yrs. in the Tx public school system. Way too much garbage going on.

• Polk8dot says:

‘We pay property taxes, that include school tax, but yet I don’t get a refund or tax credit since I am not using the service.’
                I’m sorry, I’m not trying to be confrontational, but you just struck the cord. You say you homeschool your youngest, so I assume you have/had other kids who went to public school. And you seem to think it just that your current situation should exclude you from paying taxes for schools etc.
                Well, we have no kids. Never had. So imagine how we feel for the last 25 years, since owning our first home, having to pay taxes that include school bonds, school initiatives, also Mello-Roos (CA invention to fleece even more money out of homeowners for ‘future schools, playgrounds, and other child and family facilities’). And every time there were initiatives on the ballot to increase property taxes specifically for schools, people with kids would scream bloody murder about childless couples who did not think it fair to have to pay and pay and pay towards someone else’s kids’ education.
                I think my point is that a change in circumstances alters one’s outlook on what is and is not fair, and it is interesting to see how easy that change occurs once the consequences have a direct impact on one’s own life. But maybe I just wanted to vent about one of my pet peeves. I hope you will not take it personally, as it was not meant as such.

• yankeeintx says:

“And you seem to think it just that your current situation should exclude you from paying taxes for schools etc”.
                  You’ll note in my statement that I said I don’t mind my tax dollars going towards educating US citizens. It is good for the community to have an educated populace. We have looked into private schools, and it sure would be nice if the amount I pay in school taxes could be applied to the tuition. I like the idea of voucher programs even though Texas does have open enrollment. It does bother me that I am paying for the education of someone here illegally because they don’t pay property taxes and they are a burden to our schools, especially since they need specialized education (ESL classes).
                  I think it is our civic duty to pay taxes so that we can have nice communities, but when most of the funding is diverted to take care of the needs of illegals, our whole community suffers. The theory is that even though you don’t have children, you still benefit. The children you pay to educate grow up to become productive adults, rather than a drain on society. Unfortunately, that is not what has been happening.
                  While I understand your position, I think I would need a few more cups of coffee for me to be able to sort through and come up with a position on how I feel about it. I have never had a fire, nor have I ever called the police for an emergency, but I don’t mind paying for them to be there if I need them. I could tell you a story about how all the Massholes moving into Southern NH (where there is no sales/income tax) are sending the tax rates soaring for the locals and squeezing out the retired and elderly, but I will save that for another day.

• Sharon says:

Even if it’s Ted Cruz …. until they say what they are against and what they are for, and act accordingly, I will not assume what they are against and what they are for.

They have both the power and authority to address this thing – verbally, legislatively, and with regard to oversight – (and they have the responsibility) and they have been as aware of the issues as we have been for some time – and they have, in effect, done nothing. They have let obama and his minions dominate the conversation and take the hyper-Constitutional actions with nary a press conference even to say they shouldn’t.

So I’ll believe nothing of what I hear and only half of what I see. And that includes Ted Cruz.

John Hoeven from ND needs to have his butt launched into Canada. Don’t trust him any more either and haven’t for a long time. He was elected by conservatives in ND and we see how much good that did. Same with Thune from SD. Accommodators and licking-the-hand-that-feeds them –

How disgusting is it that at THIS point, nothing has still been heard from TED CRUZ of all people???

• yankeeintx says:

I understand that they are overwhelmed by all the scandals going on, but doing nothing, saying nothing is like admitting defeat. It is disgusting. I don’t think much can be done unless we win the Senate in November. They need to at least give us a glimmer of hope.

• Sharon says:

If we win the Senate, that is not a guarantee than anything “will be done…”

Look at the realities laid out in the article. They are bought and purchased and under command. Winning the Senate is a worthy goal but not all that relevant since they aren’t trustworthy.

• yankeeintx says:

No, it’s not a guarantee, but it could be a start. If not, since I live in Texas, I would prefer the war start in the winter. 🙂

• triper57 says:

Just a guess, but I tend to believe that if the Republicrats take the Senate in the fall they will pass Immigration reform (amnesty) under their flag. Obammy Care will not be repealed, it might be changed slightly, but not repealed (have heard nothing so far about repealing in a long time). And common core will be forced on our schools like Obammy Care by the Feds.

The only thing I see to stop it is to actively vote out the Republicrats Leadership in the general election in the fall. Voting them out in the Primaries has proven poor policy. By trying to actively vote against them in the General has a good chance to retire them and also disrupt the leadership. Next election cycle may be easier to elect a conservative.

• GracieD says:

These people are disgusting to me. I plan to have a heart to heart with David Vitter, and see where he stands on the CoC key issues. I often wonder what happened to honor. I guess these Coullions put a price on it. 😦

• Polk8dot says:

I said it before and I’ll keep saying it till I’m blue in the face – ANY politician with aspirations toward the highest office in the land (as it used to be known, until the Usurper and Conman in Chief defiled it) HAD BETTER take notice of the public sentiment and join in the outrage against the invasion of illegals. ANY presidential hopeful HAD BETTER realize that they are killing their own chances by keeping mum and hoping for this to just go away or for us to move on to the next scandal. ANY potential future LEADER of the FREE WORLD is right now, as we read and watch and wait, destroying his own future and, by their absence from the battlefield, our futures as well.
              ANY presidential candidate who is not going to come out RIGHT NOW and demand an end to this travesty, reinstitution of our immigration and border protection enforcement, and immediate turning of transport planes and busses around to a southern heading thus commencing the greatest DEPORTATION / NATIONAL DEFENSE effort in this nation’s history has just lost my vote, irrevocably and permanently.
              You do not want to come to our defense, why should we come to your service?

SHAME on me for having such high hopes for the saving and restoration of this country.
              SHAME on them for making me believe their platitudes, and promises and high ideals. SHAME on them for making me believe that they WERE the ones who cared enough to save this nation.
              But even worse, SHAME ON THEM for now proving to me with their silence and dormancy that those were nothing but political expedients, high rhetoric fairytales and just plain lies of convenience.
              The only thing sadder than no hope at all is a hope rebuilt, nurtured, and then smashed to bits; a hope regained and then lost again.

• rashomon says:

I think we need to contact this group as well, regardless of your home state, to nudge along a plan. Coburn’s retiring, but he’s vocal. Cochran? Cruz, Sessions, Paul, Scott, Lee and, sometimes, Johnson have been vocal at certain times. Whaddaya think?

6. czarowniczy says:

I see them as the creatures in the Kalahari, drawn to a drying waterhole, hopeful they’ll get a drink before they die of thirst or are eaten. Republicans, through their own cowardly and self-serving actions, are a dying breed. The Republican Congress and the RNC have had the DemocRATS on the ropes more than once from 80 to today and,in instead of using the time to deal the DemocRATS a death blow, they used it to continue feeding off of the system.
    They have done the self-thing instead of the right thing and now we and they will pay for it. Where are the Republicans pushing cases through court trying to stop this destruction of the country? Why, out asking their owners if they can go out and play. And it isn’t only the ones under the CoC, there are lots of businesses out there who want cheap labor, big and small. Those business owners who want foreign labor to replace more expensive union labor have shot themselves in the foot too, you bet these Latino laborers once they taste real wages and their owners tell them about how the Unions can get higher wages for less work will be right out there voting union. And all of you hanging your hopes on McDaniels, I fear you may be using magical thinking. I don’t believe fo a second that with as expensive as this race was, still is and will be in the Fall he ain’t gettin’ the millions and millions of $$$ it will take to run and win from Tea Party folks hold can shakes on street corners. Guess we’ll just have to wait to see who owns whom.

• Murse says:

The problem with business people as a group is their proclivity toward long-term myopia. Quarterly stock price and earnings/share is the holy grail and as long as they chase that metric we will continue to see regression in wages as well as government provided corporate welfare. If politicians really wanted to unleash the power of our economy they would enact legislation that encourages a longer-term perspective which incentivizes business to view labor as a valuable asset instead of an expense.

• czarowniczy says:

They may not have those problems much longer – or at least not at the1st world levels they’ve been used to. Yes, Switzerland survived quite nicely with a polyglot culture but they had a long time between foreign enemies to work on it and the residents weren’t their own worst enemy. I keep on watching specials on places like Brazil wondering what it will be like to live that life.

• Murse says:

“I keep on watching specials on places like Brazil wondering what it will be like to live that life.”

Barter and underground economy, but only if you are resourceful and have a worthwhile skill. I have been thinking about what are the things that would be useful and valuable to others if forced to live off the grid. Mechanical aptitude would be high on the list as well as the ability to design and fabricate tools, practical items, guns/ammo, etc. Aqua-culture, hydroponics/agriculture, solar electrical systems are some other areas I’d imagine would be valuable. It is ironic that most people used to grow their own food. I was born in the 60’s and I recall that just about every neighbor had a sizable garden. Now, I think that number is about 1 out of 10, if that. Alas, a lot of people are going to starve if the US government collapses.

• czarowniczy says:

Unless it’s become illegal to eat while pothers starve. You know the Socialist way – we (not the leadership, ‘we’) starve equally. It’s so much easier to redistribute confiscated property when you, as the confiscator, can keep a good chunk as the common trash just can’t appreciate it the way you do. From Russia to the old Bloc to wonderful Socialist paradises like Cuba – pie in the sky, you get your piece the 2nd Tuesday of next week, I promises. Like rugby – eat the wounded.

• rashomon says:

I don’t think all businesses have short-term goals. A good reputation carries one a long way when the local/state/national economy falls apart. It’s the media and faux “experts” that push quarterly figures — as if they know what they’re presenting as NONE of them have ever run a company through multiple cycles. Headlines, news, headlines, viewer/readership, academic appointments, book sales, babble-babble-babble. Gee whiz, guys, get a Real Job where you are responsible for the payroll and building your profit margins.

I certainly don’t trust the government to enact ANY legislation that goes beyond lining more pockets. Consumers have to take responsibility for bad decisions (we all make a few). Due diligence, longterm outlooks for investing and spreading the risk can overcome the worst markets. The number of high-net-worth people who were sucked in by Madoff still astounds me. The number of banking and credit-rating CEOs who ARE NOT serving jail time amazes me even more.

Much of the problem is the failure of the media to report on ANY of the scandals that have come to light or employ teams to develop longterm investigations. That used to be common 30 – 40 years ago; now we have attractive and bubbly “readers” who take headlines off monitors OR pretend they are op/ed experts on a topic without the least background to support their opinions. An uninformed public just accepts the propaganda without question. We’re paying the price for an uneducated public just sliding by without having to pay the price for losing.

7. The Chamber of Commerce wants amnesty.
    The Chamber of Commerce funds Dan Coats.

I see a problem a-brewin’ for Indiana. 😡

When I first got into politics, oh so long ago (well, not that long ago, but it feels that way!), when I was naive enough to think if we just voted the right people into office we could change the course of the country, I used to think that Democrats were not worth trusting. But I sorely underestimated the fact that Republicans are even worse. At least I know I can distrust a Democrat. Honestly, it’s the Republicans that drive me nuts now. I’m never sure if they are going to be a roadblock to the Democrats or aid and abet them. (sigh.)

• Attorney says:

• mytorpor says:

At least with the Republican’s, once elected, we can hold their feet to the fire and we hold the power to vote them back out if we band together, as we proved with Cantor in Virginia. We can also trust Republicans to be a bit less extreme in their stances than Democrats. After all, Republican’s merely want to get re-elected. Democrats have an ideology that they will stand for in the face of any threat…plus Democrats are far more difficult to get rid of, because the Democrat voter will always vote in their own best self interest and that means freebies that we just cannot afford to continue to give them! So in the primary, we must band together in our effort to get rid of establishment candidates of both parties, but once the general candidate is chosen, we must then put aside our differences and vote for the most conservative ELECTABLE candidate on the ballot! Continuing to split our vote by chosing a third party candidate who has no hope of getting elected merely ends up giving the election to the most liberal candidate on the ballot. Once again, I point to Virginia and our recent governors race! Cucinelli was a very viable, very strong conservative candidate and conservatives turned out in record numbers to vote for him, but the left funded a libertarian named Sarvis and a small percentage of Virginia’s fell for the bait and so Virginia is now stuck with the very liberal McCauliffe…at least until he is chosen as Hillary Clintons running mate (which is why McCauliffe, with no elected office experience, was determined to become VA governor in the first place!)

• Dixie Darling says:

Congratulations on winning with your objections to the illegal aliens being housed in your state of Virginia.

8. sundance says:

This should not be a surprise for those who have watched it unfold.

Noted as “Operation Brown Dream” in 2013

9. boutis says:

Who funds the Chamber of Commerce? Businesses. Why? To get what they want? What do they really NOT want? Boycotts. Businesses who want our social and economic ruin are not businesses we want to support. Until these policies HURT financially they will continue doing it. I am already personally refusing to buy or do business with anyone who uses illegal alien labor or products from Mexico or Central America. Will it cost more? Yes and I don’t care.

• I certainly hope you aren’t drinking wine or eating fresh fruit and veggies from the West Coast states. The vineyards, especially, are at least 90% illegals and very good workers, too, treasured and loved by their employers. Many of those vineyards owners, BTW, are on their second careers, having built successful urban businesses. Now they are living the good life, playing at gentleman farmer while illegal alien laborers do ALL of the work. Oh, there are the occasional Anglo crew bosses, but that’s about it.

• rashomon says:

I’m with you: just stop buying. The only area requiring our spending (outside of housing and utilities) is food. Use your local farmers’ markets as often as possible. Many of the farm workers should be here on “guest visas” and, perhaps that’s an area that needs restructuring. Europe seems to handle guest workers far better than the U.S., but I don’t know the details.

• Dixie Darling says:

Couldn’t we just drown the biggest contributors to the USCofC in letters objecting to it’s underhanded lobbying efforts? Maybe threaten a boycott of their products? Or is that too juvenile?

• rashomon says:

Juvenile? What’s juvenile? Countries and special interest groups have been using boycotts for centuries. But we need to get organized. GE seems obvious. The AMA I understand as no upstanding medical person believes they are anything but a self-serving marketing group with few physicians involved. AARP irritates me personally as it is a corporation that sells itself as a sounding board for seniors, but basically reels in millions from its insurance products and kickbacks. We need more research to determine other big supporters.

• A boycott would be good but I’ve done more research and learned they have 300,000 members. And even if we got a list of them narrowed down to the largest contributors, it would be pointless to boycott if the companies have no idea why. However, as Sundance is recommending, I can certainly have a conversation with my state senator who is on that list and I can also write the rest of them to express my dismay at their lack of action. They don’t have to be your state’s representative for you to express your opinion to them. So I’m going on a letter writing campaign. And if you’d prefer, because it’s faster and less expensive, to email a representative of another state and can’t accomplish that unless you live in their district, just fill out the form, giving the correct name and address and use the zip code from their district in the place of yours (and you can always find that on their websites. That works.

10. tapsearcher says:

We have only one major party in the U.S. and it should be called the Globalist Free Trader Party.
    The Fed Government sponsored the moving of factories outside of the U.S. starting in 1956.
    Most of our political leaders participated in the process since then. It evolved into the Maquiladora Factory Program in Mexico, where we used impoverished workers to make what we use. In the U.S. it created a working poor class. Nothing is working. Both parties are still trying to make the failed free trade economic policies work. Pres Obama had to bail out the process when he took over. http://tapsearch.com/clinton

11. Attorney says:

Much of this is a symptom of Big Business Fascism. When I was young and started learning about free enterprise, I bought into the line that What is Good for FM is Good for America. Well it worked well for GM but not for the rest of us. Cronyism is fascism by any other name. Bad, bad, bad stuff. We need to get back to laissez faire capitalism. If a company cannot compete then by God it should fail. Miserably.

• sundance says:

“Big Business Fascism” = Technocracy. Before the term technocracy was coined technocratic or quasi-technocratic ideas involving governance by technical experts were promoted by various individuals, most notably early socialist theorists such as Henri de Saint-Simon.

This was expressed by the belief in state ownership over the economy, with the function of the state being transformed from one of political rule over men into a scientific administration of things and a direction of processes of production under scientific management.

Scientific socialist theorist Friedrich Engels had a similar view; the state would die out and ceases to be a state when the government of people and interference in social affairs is replaced by an administration of things and technical processes.

The American economist Thorstein Veblen was an early advocate of technocracy, and was involved in the Technical Alliance as was Howard Scott and M. King Hubbert. Veblen believed that technological developments would eventually lead toward a socialistic organization of economic affairs.

Veblen saw socialism as one intermediate phase in an ongoing evolutionary process in society that would be brought about by the natural decay of the business enterprise system and by the inventiveness of engineers.

• Chance says:

And wasn’t Engels a co-author of that filthy little piece of propaganda entitled, “The Communist Manifesto” along with Carl Marx?

• sundance says:

Yes. If we draw back to 35,000 ft level it’s easy to identify this fight is all about freedom and control.

A society of free and independent people can make decisions for themselves and don’t need political structures to direct their intents or efforts.

But that destroys the power of the central governing body – – hence the constructs of diminished freedom, ie. regulation, need crisis to create a need for solutions. The Central Planning Body, ie government, choose the solutions. Sometimes they choose mass murder, other times they just construct social schemes to control freedom.

The modern day approach at controlling you is to control your income capacity.

• rashomon says:

You’re correct, and what we need is a new dictionary defining terms as the Fabians,totalitarians, socialists, progressives, right/left-wingers, Democrats, big-C/small-c communists, neocons, RINOS and “independents” have so confused terminology and invaded the classroom, media and social repertoire that one has no way of being certain a message is being communicated in the terms that one means. Even “Tea Party,” which I took to mean smaller government/lower taxes/more individual rights has multiple meanings to different groups now, probably thanks to the propaganda from the “other” side.

Tom Donohue, in my definition, is not for business per se, he’s a union/mob/thug organizer. Remember, democracy just requires ONE vote more to win; i.e. mob rule, which is why we are a Constitutional Republic, supposedly acknowledging the rights of the individual.

12. michellc says:

I already sniffed out the bs and Infhofe didn’t get my vote. As a matter of fact not one incumbent got my vote including the one I worked for 2 years ago and he was told to his face not only why I wouldn’t volunteer for him but why he wouldn’t be getting my vote. I’m not forgiving anymore. The problem is the majority of Oklahomans are forgiving and frankly are part of the problem because they don’t even bother to think about sniffing, much like many others in this country.
    I don’t mince words with friends or people I just meet anymore. I had a man tell me he was voting for Inhofe, Mullin and Lankford because they had all been in Washington and know what to expect. I told him, “so basically you’re saying that you’re fine with how Washington works and you’re fine with the state of our country.” He said, “no, I’m not but sending some new person there sure ain’t going to fix it and is only going to make it worse.” I told him, “well I was taught if you keep doing the same thing and you keep ending up with the same poor result and can’t figure out why then you’re an idiot.”

I don’t feel like playing nice anymore and don’t really care if I hurt feelings.

• Chance says:

There are two common horse sense ideas to apply in these circumstances:
      “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
      And:
      “You can keep beating a dead horse, but he ain’t never gonna get up and run.”
      Sounds like the man you referenced didn’t understand either one of these!

• michellc says:

I read and listened to a lot of interviews after the primaries and person after person when asked why they voted for Lankford(our local news media seemed to think there was only one race) they said, “because he’s been in Washington,” and then when on to why that was a good thing.

Most Republicans in this state or at least most of the people I talk to can’t or won’t wrap their head around that the Chamber along with their favorite congressman wants amnesty and they want even more illegals.

• Chance says:

I once heard the explanation of why the same bad politicians keep getting elected as, “They’re all assholes, but some are your kind of asshole and that’s why they get your vote.” Probably not the most scientific explanation but then, what does logic have to do with politics anyway?

• michellc says:

Voting for your asshole got us into this mess and until folks start voting out their assholes, we’re only going to fall farther down the hole. Most days anymore I feel like it’s too late anyway.

• rashomon says:

Ah, michelle, I feel for you.

13. doodahdaze says:

So, their plan is to have Amnesty and Obamacare. But why Common Core? This means everything about the RINO is just as bad as the Prog. They will pass a sneak attack in the lame duck session. A Christmas Package for us all. That will give them 2 years to recover from the betrayal. They are Reproglicans.

14. Yakmaster says:

I am wondering why TEA organizations don’t widely disseminate the CoC’s objectives and the list of senators beholden to it. Sunlight applied broadly, not just in spots here and there to folks already looking for it in the dark. Cochroaches scurry when…etc.

• sundance says:

Yakmaster, that is a good question. One that I have asked repeatedly and never found a decent explanation. My fear is that the CoC might actually be funding many of the larger Tea Party groups out there…. it would not be unlike them to own both teams on the field and guarantee themselves victory.

• Sharon says:

Thank you. That puts words to the niggling unease I have had since 2009 that has prevented me from becoming part of any Tea Party organization, per se. We sure have gotten the mailings and the pleas. But I’ve discovered by experience that I am only comfortable giving money to people I know face to face, as we knew the tea partiers in MN.

I have pictures of DH helping the ladies set up for large events when we began fighting back during the battle against obamacare. There were over a thousand in attendance in our farm town – but there were only ladies unloading the heavy equipment from their farm vehicles, at setup time – until the patriots from the regional radio station (in Fargo) showed up. Those ladies could have any $ we didn’t need to pay bills or meet obligations. I don’t feel that way about the people who send out the mailings I get from all over the country. I. Don’t.Know.Them.

• lovemygirl says:

I know the higher ups in many corporations play both sides of the fence to be sure they have a winning hand. A partner of my brother in law landed a cushy ambassadorship from Clinton by donating to him even though he leaned to the right politically. I asked and was told that they donated to both sides that election.

15. GSR says:

Obama orchestrated this “children’s invasion” for the express purposes of a) lowering the percentage of White Americans, b) related, sending the illegals into Red States and districts to change the voting pattern to one favorable to big government progressivism and c) to bring the USA down to a more or less 3rd world plain.

• P.Spinach says:

This is one catastrophe that can be linked to B Hussein Obama out of reckless regard for children. When disease is spread to Americans and children abandoned to live in warehouses, it can be said that his false sense of justice did harm. He can now be sued for harm by Congress. All it needs is for some of their grandchildren through natural course to get sick and wake up. Bottom line: What’s in it for them? Disease spreads quickly and Sidwell’s is no sanctuary. The WH is no sanctuary either.

16. Pingback: Why Don’t Republicans Respond To Border Crisis? – People Want To Know Why The “GOP” Does Nothing To Stop The Illegal Alien Madness… We’ll Explain | A Moral Outrage

17. P.Spinach says:

Josestay or josego. About 70-75% want Josego.

CNN posted a question to readers about an illegal immigrant who came here as a child and is now ensconced in America as an American journalist or some profession. Which we are supposed to now accept as legal. It was a leading question which after framing as legal, you were to pick a side. It backfired, and the majority said they wanted Jose Gone.

Basically, this Jose fellow took an American’s job. Not as a cotton picker or laborer.

The word needs to get OUT that the Chamber of Commerce is also behind this debacle because they want cheap child labor. When you associate big business, the bad guy, with any action, the Democrats will get on board. Give them a bone, you know? They’ll jump on it like fleas.

Those children DO NOT want to be away from their homes and their parents. They were forced to by their parents with the help of Big Business and B Hussein.

I pray for the children who were used in this manner and I pray for America that a way is found for us all to be safe and sound from the enemies in the WH, Congress and disease.

Repel them back to their homes and may someone follow them back and shame the parents into abandoning their children and to the country’s government for failing to deal with their own poverty. It’s time to shame those countries, not America. Meanwhile, give your children and take ANTI-OXIDANT supplements daily in addition to proper nutrition to guard against disease.

• Sharon says:

…an illegal immigrant who came here as a child and is now ensconced in America as an American journalist or some profession. Which we are supposed to now accept as legal. It was a leading question which after framing as legal, you were to pick a side.

Maybe I’m just ornery, but I would refuse to answer the question as constructed. The only choice is between illegal and illegal?

Which person do I see as having done the right thing – eventually….? That’s a different question.

Why should we be trapped into accepting illegal – “….as long as eventually they confess....” I don’t accept the premise.

Jose should have been prevented from arriving here illegally when he was a child. The laws should have been enforced then. And the laws should be enforced now. This is NOT about “the children” and it never was. It’s about failure to enforce the laws of our formerly sovereign nation. Jose is a squirrel.

• P.Spinach says:

Good point. CNN attempted to sneak that subterfuge in posting a photo of Jose as a young Mexican boy today, and then pulling the rug out under the reader by stating Jose is now grown with a respectable job in America. I would ask again, how acceptable was it that he has taken a legitimate American or a legitimate emigre’s job by jumping the queue unfairly and now crying poor me – how I suffered to become an American illegally.

18. bigfootersteve says:

Dollars don’t vote. There are any number of less destructive causes these clowns could get behind for a payoff.They aren’t doing anything to stop this illegal alien madness because they support it. And anyone who is willing to sell out the country on an issue so fundamental to the nation’s survival as this won’t hesitate to sell us out on anything else.

19. WOW – I was not aware – Thank you for the information. I will be contacting my reps (ever thought they are not on this list) to motivate all congress to uphold their oath of office. -unite to spread the word http://www.billford4Freedom.ws

20. xposeliars says:

These money whores are the result no term limits (which they did away with). They all have to go for the good of the country!

21. Gadgetggranny says:

They will sell out their on parents for money, we need to wipe the slate clean get rid of the whole bunch and start fresh. they are all living in the life of luxury while us seniors and our war veterans are paying the price,. it makes me boiling mad that they are letting OB get by with all the junk that he gets by with. Wake up America, Wake up you Republican traitors, if you sited with Ob you might as well kiss your job good by as far as the reals USA citizens are concerned.. I pray that God will intervien and wake up America before it is total destryed by these clowns in Washington.

22. Wolfman says:

The Feds caused all this chaos at the borders by not enforcing our immigration laws

23. Pingback: News You Can Use for July 9 | Palo Verde Republican Women

24. Pingback: News You Can Use for July 9 | The Joke's On Us

25. Pingback: Connecting The Dots: Establishment Republicans and the Chamber of Commerce