President Trump Tweets Support for Tommy Tuberville on Eve of Alabama Primary…

Alabama is a closed primary with ballots determined by party affiliation. Former Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions is facing off against candidate Tommy Tuberville tomorrow in what will likely be one of the most watched primary races of the evening.

Jeff Sessions was an abject failure as U.S. Attorney General. After spending two years targeted by a fraudulent special counsel investigation as a result of Sessions’ recusal; there will forever be a strong dislike by President Trump toward Jeff Sessions.

For those who have forgotten just how bad it was, it’s worth revisiting Jeff Sessions testimony to congress (November of 2017) when he admitted there were approximately ten ongoing investigations -that he knew of- that he was recused from.

Jeff Sessions recommended Rod Rosenstein. Rod Rosenstein recommended Chris Wray. Three years of abject misery was the result.  See below:

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, AG Jeff Sessions, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Donald Trump, Election 2020, IG Report Clinton Investigation, IG Report Comey, IG Report FISA Abuse, IG Report McCabe, Legislation, media bias, President Trump, Spygate, Spying, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

476 Responses to President Trump Tweets Support for Tommy Tuberville on Eve of Alabama Primary…

1. L4grasshopper says:

Strictly on most political issues like immigration, abortion, taxes, etc — Sessions is probably a more reliable conservative.

BUT — Sessions has demonstrated that he is either too stupid or too malleable when the rubber meets the road.

Tuberville will be fine.

• lcsteel says:

well said.

• Bill Durham says:

Could everyone who trusted this corrupt pos just admit it. I want to get a formal head count.

• Julian says:

I believe I was one of the first to call him out around here – as soon as he recused – what good is an AG who recuses himself from all the most important cases?

At the time, I was hectored for saying so… I got over it.

• Rhi says:

Yup, Sessions had ONE job to do, bring justice to the department of injustice and he either miserably failed or he was in on the coup. May he receive his due recompense.

• Telly says:

Julian: I salute you!
            I could not understand why Sessions did not just resign. Because he chose not to resign rather than recuse himself, his memory will go down in infamy. Now, whenever he speaks publicly he is seen as a pathetic weakling who did not have the self awareness or strength to serve the greater good. He is just another weak career politician. It is pathetic.

• MelH says:

I admit I been chokin’ on crow for about 2 years now! I doan say nuffin ’bout Barr, however, instead I wrote to the President and said either charge the crooks before the election or we gonna start the Third World War and our side has the guns!

• 1 here. I will admit that I trusted him more than any other politician for a couple of decades, and defended Jeff Sessions as long as I could reasonably imagine some scenario of justice crossing the t’s and I dotting happening backstage. Not lying when I say I was still holding on to hope for new information coming to light during these primaries I have no remaining delusions of impending justice for these DOJcyaFIB colluders and power abusers. Sessions’ record on immigration and spending were good and in 2011 Peter Schweizer noted that Jeff Sessions was the only congress critter that did not increase his personal wealth while in elected office. . Between reviewing recent history and no new info, the best thing I could say right now is Schweitzer’s Boy Scout got rolled and America paid the price. It’s a sad shame, but the only excuse he has is that our new AG didn’t understand the law or he got tricked and manipulated.

• luke says:

Yea I don’t believe Sessions was corrupt. Just lacked fortitude. Let’s face it the left are savages.

• shirley49 says:

I think he was way over his head in the Atty General position. He was always very mild mannered so do not think he could deal with the corrupt pit bulls in the Dem party.

• usmclt says:

Do not be fooled again by the syrup smooth talking Southern, (ahem), gentleman, Jeff Sessions. I have long maintained that his fearless leader and fellow Southern (ahem) gentleman, Mitch McConnell, assigned little Jeffy the deep swamp mission of infiltrating the Trump campaign and ultimately the Trump administration. Once inside, he was to gather Intel and conduct passive sabotage activities. I would say the little man was highly effective.

• Will Hunt says:

True but he had his chance to make a difference maybe even be a hero and he turned his back on us… screw him

• Tanya says:

Agree with you. Sad and a shame

• tommylotto says:

I was harshly critical of Sessions from the very beginning. He initially got himself into trouble while answering questions by Sen Al Franken. Sessions babbled and volunteered non-responsive information about contacts with Russians that was both unnecessary AND technically incorrect. It provided the hyenas in the press with all the fodder they needed. It was stupid, and my immediate response was: This is the doddering fool that Trump picked as his AG!?! At the time, I would have much preferred Giuliani. Sure, he is getting old too and enjoys a cocktail or two, but as he proved during impeachment he is loyal and can still bring it. On the other hand, love him or hate him, at least Barr has a sharp mind and can duel with the hyenas. He may be a deep state cleaner, but I look forward to his Congressional testimony. I know he will cut them to pieces.

• T2020 says:

I never did.

• Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

Once you get your “formal head count”….

what are you going to do with that oh so critical and useful data set?

• bessie2003 says:

I liked Sessions in the early days as AG because he got rid of the stealing of victim restitution funds being diverted to pet Democrat political ’causes’, because our company had that happen to us, twice, from that SDNY area in fact.

As things unfolded with the coup, having liked very much Session’s initial actions it was very easy to trust that he was going to be a good AG where everything else was involved.

Hindsight, always a wonderful opportunity to learn from and change our ways, opinions, expectations – I experienced that blessing, but

it seems that Sessions has refused the opportunity that hindsight provides as he has not one time taken responsibility for his part in spygate for without his recusal, if he has honestly been doing the job I thought he was doing, would not have gotten off the ground.

That he continues to not take responsibility for his part in the hoax he released says to me he is, and was, part of it, and his sole intent for running for Senate is to become a Romney.2

So I will admit I had trusted this corrupt pos. At least I learned from this lesson.

• TexanInFL says:

A little harsh there. I liked Jeff Sessions when he was a Senator and he stood with President Trump when no one else was…He was definitely a hawk on immigration, one of the very FEW who were. I think he was in over his head, period. I live in that world to a degree and they bulldozed him. THAT being said, when he realized they bulldozed him, he should have stood up and said …”oh no you didn’t”…He did not.I don’t support him now at all. But, in the beginning I did trust him.

• Bill Durham says:

Its almost humorous to look at that corrupt boob Matt Whitaker wincing as jethro sessions bubbles and stammers through every answer. Not exactly Trump’s best hiring decisions. Such a waste of 3 years. Trust the plan!!!

• doyouseemyvision says:

If Sessions gets back into the Senate, it will be pay back. No one should trust his sweet words and that he will support Trump. Sessions was put up to this election by McConnell.

• vikingmom says:

Both Sessions AND McConnell have proven their loyalty is to the “party” and NOT to the President!

• anonymous says:

“Sessons was put up to this election by McConnell.”
        I didn’t know that. Puts a different color on things for me. I distrust Tuberville, though, because he seems beholden to big money Republicans and looks like he might turn out to be another RINO. What does PDJT know about Tuberville that I don’t, that he assures us we should trust Tuberville?
        Is the runoff such a Hobson’s Choice that PDJT might as well use it to punish Sessions for his cowardly disloyalty?

• billinlv says:

I think the word you may be searching for is “complicit”…….as in I, Jeff Sessions, was part of the Uni-party plot to overthrow the duly elected president of the United States because he was a threat to the money/power/globalist status quo. After 20 years in the US Senate, you don’t get to pretend you are an innocent boy scout who doesn’t know about the corrupt deep state uni-party. That dog wont hunt.

• Alli says:

Billiniv. well said and well understood.

• Alli says:

Sessions Most likely another insurance policy. People who be are complicit have many insurance policies. DC political power rot.

• PMadison says:

Sessions doesn’t acknowledge his failures (and there were scores, beyond just recusal), or recognize that they are the reason he’s so disliked. He’s maddeningly oblivious.

He just keeps making that ludicrous Romneyesque claim that his virtue is his calling card.

• sbostian says:

Virtues (Sessions’ conservative bona fides) are only as durable as a person’s courage. It has been said throughout history that the cardinal virtue is courage – it guarantees all the others. Additionally, one also has to question Sessions’ intelligence.

• luke says:

Ohhh this is rich, yesterday on Twitter JS tweeted “activate sessions.” It was a meme from the Q crowd with glowing eyes. The Q people were pretty excited. They still have quite following. I explained to them that there is just not much chance anything can happen unless we win. No way Barr sets himself up to be taken apart after a 2020 loss. Of course any charges after the new admin will be pardoned. Barr is a good dude but he does not want to be on the same list/level as PDT. I can’t help but think if I were DT there is no way the left is letting me walk off into the sunset. Their jackals will demand his blood. We either win solid or he/we needs plan B.

• TheTorch says:

Sessions may well be reliable on Immigration but other than that, not much else.

I think it is time for people including him to be more honest about what happened here.

It looks to me especially with hindsight, that Sessions was over promoted, as in he took a job he simply was not capable of doing. if you look at his tenure as AG he was constantly acting like a subordinate instead of the man in charge. I don’t think it can simply be that he recused from various ongoing investigations. He seemed to be perfectly comfortable taking orders from others, that is certainly how it looked and that is patently absurd if you are the AG.

Quite frankly that performance before the House Judiciary committee with Matt Gaetz, was dreadful, and reviewing it again, is even worse than the first time, especially with what we know now. He looked utterly out of his depth, as if he didn’t have a clue. Some of his answers are just cringe worthy.

His judgment is also extremely suspect, trusting Rosenstein, who was clearly corrupt and an absolute weasel. Sessions personal lawyer is his friend Chuck Cooper (a confirmed Never Trumper) who if I am not mistaken also works for John Bolton and involved in Bolton’s Book!

This one decision to appoint him as AG was a disaster, As sundance rightly points out it was three years of abject misery.

I don’t know that much about Tuberville, and I have heard he is a bit wobbly on a few things, but quite frankly, the idea of Sessions back in the senate, is horrifying. It would be like rewarding failure and treachery, and potentially giving us a Romney 2.0 scenario.

I hope Tuberville wins and I hope he wins big by double digits.

and “I’m impressed with Mr. Rosenstein he is a friend” can write a book.

• vikingmom says:

I think Senators, by nature, learn how to be subservient and congenial and they are therefore awful candidates for offices where they actually have to be “in charge”!

Sessions was fine when he was one of a “group” and could speak well on one or two specific topics but when he was put over an entire department he was clearly out of his depth but didn’t have the courage to admit it!

• Retired USMC says:

Sessions is a COWARD. We do not need any more COWARDS.

• Brian Baker says:

I keep hearing how Sessions is so reliable on immigration. Yet Sessions was a U.S. Senator for how long and immigration was where, after all those years?

• cdor1 says:

I hope you are correct about Tuberville. As far as I can see, he is a blank slate. That type can be easily manipulated by the likes of McConnell. Sessions was terrible at AG. He was a very reliably good Senator. This could easily be a frying pan/ fire situation.

2. MaineCoon says:

Alabamans – this is very little to ask of you to not send this Backstabber To DC. That’s the least you can do to support your President.

• deqwik2 says:

If it were a normal primary, Tuberville has it.
      Tuberville has had the lead but the media is scaring everybody about covid & they are predicting a low turnout. Sessions has hard core supporters so it is going to depend on turnout.

• Kaco says:

dequik2, I remember conversing with you over the last Senate race, what a disaster that was with Roy Moore against Big Luther. I hope Jones is gone, regardless of who wins this primary.

• deqwik2 says:

That was a mess. I tried my best to warn everybody. I got laughed at & called a couple names when I said a Dem would win Ala.
          I sure hope Jones is one & done too. I believe either one of these 2 will beat Jones.

Everyone likes Tuberville but he has a lot of skeletons in his closet that Jones can use against him. I believe the Republicans will overlook it just to get Jones out though. If Sessions happens to win, he has been vetted so not much dirt for Jones to use.

• Julian says:

HUH?!?

Not much “dirt” on Sessions? Apart from the fact he stabbed the President in the back about 1,000 times?

I’m not sure Sessions would win given if I was there I wouldn’t vote for him. Why would other Trump supporters turn around and support him if he happened to be nominated?

Btw – he won’t be.

• deqwik2 says:

I’m talking about skeletons in his closet type of dirt. Everybody knows what he did to Trump so that’s not a surprise that Jones can use.
              The reason Trump supporters would vote for him is to get the Democrat Jones out of the Senate.
              Like I said, we just want Jones out & I believe either one of these 2 can beat Jones. I did not endorse Sessions.

3. snailmailtrucker says:

Jeff Sessions is going Down like the Cheap DEEP STATE Traitor Whore that he is !

• Ragle Gumm says:

Shakespeare could not have said it better. Thou art correct!

• Donzo says:

Sessions going down is no consolation for what he wrought.

“O, what a fall was there, my countrymen! Then I, and you, and all of us fell down, Whilst bloody treason flourish’d over us”

Julius Caesar

• TJ says:

Chuck Cooper, personal lawyer for Jeff Sessions & John Bolton, made it clear to his pals in DC that Sessions was one of the four cabinet members willing to invoke the 25th Amendment against Trump. Trump knows this.

That’s why President Trump is supporting TTuberville.

4. lcsteel says:

My thoughts re that our nation is now in mortal danger.
    If Sessions had done his job we may not me.

• vigiles24 says:

I used to cheer for Sessions, mostly because his guy Stephen Miller is such an outstanding and central part of the Trump administration. But now Sessions needs to go home and think about how he blew it while serving this nation’s greatest President.

• Alex1689 says:

Stephen Miller is awesome.

• Remington says:

Indeed he is. He’s going to be On with Lou Dobbs tomorrow…like Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing him. Been too long.

• MelH says:

Stephen Miller still being awesome makes me think Sessions was the President’s sidekick during the campaign and intended to have his back but got scared by the likes of Comey and Brennan and Rosenstein ,who got him to recuse himself. I don’t think he went into the Administration intending to knife the President. But maybe that’s dreaming!

• CorvairFan says:

Sessions is not someone I’d have ever thought of as a RINO. I’m also aware of some *very* principled stands he took many moons ago as an AUSA back in Alabama. First hand, direct knowledge.

But he did allow himself to be punked by Rod, Comey, Mueller et al, and he is now behaving like Romney. If he’d admit his error and condemn Rod, et al , for misleading him into recusing, it would be a whole different story.

But he won’t, which is telling, and troubling. Not sure where he went off the tracks, but it’s a shame. I’d have never predicted this.

• Ed Holder says:

Well said, from someone on the ground in AL. I’m seeing a bit more enthusiasm for Sessions on my social feeds than I would like. For me — without denouncing Rosenstein, I can’t support him no matter how great a Senator he might have been.

• MelH says:

Sessions LOST HOOORAY

• evergreen says:

He can’t think about it. He was presented with a “law and order” recommendation to recuse. In his mind, case closed.

He apparently is one of those rigid mentalists who hang everything on the weakest of hooks, but technically still hooks, of legal determination to weasel their way out of duty.

Witness mayors allowing “protestors” to commit misdemeanors and felonies before their very eyes, over and over again. Why? Because they (leaders) cling to the definition of a protestors as one who stands in the square and proclaims against the state, as is his right per the Constitution. OK. Does that definition have any bounds? NOPE. So, these guys solidify in their minds the legal basis for inaction, whereas common sense among the people clearly grasps that other definitions are in play and should prevail over the sole definition possessing the mind of the do-nothing bureaucrat. That is, when the violence kicks in, the protestor is no longer deserving of deference but must be confronted for violating laws against violence and rioting. Leaders choose to see one law but not the other. Very useless for the public good.

• Garrison Hall says:

“He apparently is one of those rigid melists who hang everything on the weakest of
          hooks. . .”

Well said. I’ve worked with people like this. They may be “conservative” in the sense that they like established order but they are actually a curious combination of fear and resentment. They often aspire to being in management because they think that status is somehow “owed” them because of their long service and loyalty. But, once in place, like Sessions their fear of making decisions prevents them from making hard management decisions. Sessions was just like that, preferring homeostasis to actually accomplishing anything. I saw him on Tucker a couple of weeks ago. He talked a good fight . . . until you realize what he did and the damage he caused. After what he did I was surprised that he wanted his Senate seat back.

• deqwik2 says:

There was a push from some in the state to get him to run. He may be the one that wanted to run but he was late getting in & it was after some were talking about wanting him to do it so it seems more like he was talked into it.

• Dutchman says:

Personally, I think McConnell/RNC has shown he/they are perfectly willing to give a seat to Dems, rather than have a MAGA candidate get in.

They are using Sessions as a splitter, hoping to keep Jones in.

Sounds crazy, but I saw them use Arpio as a splitter, to keep Dr. Kelly out (split the MAGA vote, so Rino McSally won the primary, and lost the General.

The way they manipulate the primary process, and the way McConnell controls the Senate,Republican Campaign committee funds, withholding it if a MAGA candidate manages to win the primary,…just really p*sses me off.

• GB Bari says:

You’re likely correct.
                The deceit is thick in Mitch McCorporatist.
                What is wrong with Kentuckians that they cannot see that, or is it because they all hate President Trump?

• WSB says:

A Stepford Wife.

• tucker7518 says:

Sessions shouldn’t have recused himself from the Russia investigation.

• Will Hunt says:

many conservatives need to stop pretending that the other side is not at war with us… they are and they are a smart, devious and determined opponent.

5. Jeff Sessions was always out of his element as AG……the depth of corruption at DOJ was/is staggering…….Sessions as AG was like a high school kid who wandered into a biker bar.

6. Bill says:

He was in on it. And now he’s gone back to his den to try and wreak more havoc from his usual perch.

I have personal beef with Sessions. He tried to get my boss to compose a confession against two of his business partners back when Sessions was a hungry you g prosecutor in Alabama. When my boss wouldn’t compose he through the book at him for forgetting to pay taxes on a $10,000 check he got for work he had done. He was an attorney. And he genuinely forgot to book a $10,000 check in his books. Which was small potato’s to my boss. Yet Sessions wanted to destroy two of his business partners. And when my boss refused to compose Sessions had him thrown in jail for 3 years and disbarred.

My boss ended up getting three of the charges thrown out but was unable to get the one charge thrown out and spent three years in jail and never practiced law again.

Guy is total swamp scum and was trying to make his way on the national stage by getting pelts on his wall. I hated the pick for AG from day 1. He’s all about power and will throw anyone under the bus to get there.

• SharkDiver says:

Something missing here. You don’t spend 3 years in jail and lose your law license for simply understating your income by $10k.

• wlbeattie says:

May I suggest telling that to Gen Flynn, Roger Stone, George Papadopoulos, Paul Manafort, Julian Assange!
        Although Tony Podesta, James Wolfe, Awan Brothers et al would no doubt agree with you!

• Bill says:

Sorry, My explanation was not worded well. It was a bigger case for racketeering. And those charges were the ones that were over turned but the one that stuck was the check he didn’t book. The time served was for the over turned conviction. But he tossed In the unbooked check to add to everything originally. And it stuck even though the others were tossed.

The time spent was for the bigger chargers that were tossed. Sorry I worded it weird in my post.

• Garrison Hall says:

Bill, your initial statement was perfectly clear.

• Dutchman says:

Bill,
          So glad you posted this. THIS is what Sidney Powell calls “Prosecutorial Terrorism”, and is EXACTLY the culture that is dominant at the DOJ, and that A.G. Barr is maintaining.

Carter Page approached the FBI, when HE was aporoached by Russians.
          He agreed to work with FBI and help them build a case. Just before he was supposed to testify, they pressured him to compose (LIE, as in commit perjury).

He refused, and resisted pressure. They didn’t ‘have’ anything on him, and so didn’t use his testimony.

Probably afraid the defence would ask, and he would tell, about this.
          Thats his story, anyway.

What we have seen in the Mueller cases, are well practiced techniques that have been used on many ‘normal citisens’ for years, its not something they just came up with to f*ck flynn, then f*ck Trump.

They have been f*cking people, like your boss, Arthur Anderson, etc. for years!

Use ‘process crimes’to compel people to be a confidential informant, or a witness against their chosen target.
          Suborne perjury, withhold Brady material, lie cheat and manipulate the system, bankrupt the defendant and force plea bargains,…its all part of their stock in trade at the DOJ.

And, by NOT addressing this corrupt culture head on, Barr is condoning it.

No elimination of 302 system in favor of video tape, cause with 302’s, the subject said whatever the agents SAY he said.

If Barr fired every prosecutor involved in cases where they pressured witnesses or confidential informants to compose, withheld brady material, or pressured defendants to cop a plea,…their wouldn’t be any prosecutors left, I suspect.

So, what you describe Jeff doing to your boss, was just SOP. And just think how many Federal Prosecutors go on to Congress!

• Bill says:

Dutchman, the other frustrating thing is my boss is a fellow conservative from the political world. He was well known and Sessions still used him as a pawn. All these people that aspire to be pols have proven numerous times in their lives that they are scum and will destroy anyone to further their own career. It’s disgusting.

I was happy to see Sessions slink off a failure for two reasons. The main one being that he failed our President in his time of need, as well as the country. But the second was I knew his character before any of this ever occurred. And I didn’t have much faith in him from the start.

• Dutchman says:

Your story is particularly valuable, cause of the time reference. Calls into question the notion he was ‘always this good guy, that got corrupted, intimidated or hoodwinked’ and tends to support the notion he was ALWAYS a snake, and just covered his tracks well.

Frankly, I also wonder if Sidney Powell wasn’t the exception to the rule, when she was a Federal Prosecutor?

Maybe the others all viewed her as a naive, bright eyed ‘girl scout’, and that coercing perjury from I.C.’s and witnesses to bolster your case, using process crimes and bankrupting defendants to force plea bargains, and withholding Brady material?

Why, thats just “how its done” so you can get that 90+% conviction rate?

After all, she has been the “lone voice in the wilderness” on this issue, for YEARS!

WHERE are any other former Federal Prosecutors, publically condemning this behavior, and calling for change?

Oh, yeah,…most of them went on into politics,..becoming State A.G.’s, or going to D.C
              and CAMPAIGNING on their record as a “Tough Prosecutor”.

An “old boy network” of Snakes, who work the system to destroy peoples lives, for personal gain, for ‘career advancement’, and for years the public hasn’t noticed, because this was done to people who weren’t famous (like your boss) instead of POTUS, and they ‘got away with it’ for so long, they thought we wouldn’t notice?

Every time we think we have plumbed the depths, and detirmined “HOW deep does the rot go?”, we find we were mistaken/misled; “nope, haven’t got to the bottom, yet!”

• RAC says:

So sessions being well versed in that way of operating, the defense that he was an innocent thrown into a den of wolves isn’t going to work for him.

• Eliza Bria says:

Wasn’t Sessions the insurance policy?

• Dutchman says:

Eliza,
        No, at least I think he was one part, but not all of the Insurance Policy.

The Insurance policy was to manufacture a recreation of Watergate.

Make a case to the American people that justified impeachment, and force PDJT to resign.

Getting control over the DOJ, then appointing a Special Prosecutor that would goad PDJT into firing them, to create a “Saturday nite massacre” so that Republicans in the Senate could tell PDJT “We have no choice but ti vote to convict. You must resign, for paety and country” was the end goal.

Getting Sessions to recuse, like flipping the House to the Dems, were all steps in the Insurance policy.
        IMHO

7. Julia Adams says:

Roll Tide, Vote Tommy Tuberviille. It’s time for real effective change in the Alabama US Senate seat.

8. Beauregard says:

Sessions may once have been a reliable conservative senator … but that man did more to screw our country as AG than any Republican in living memory.

No one should vote for him, ever again. He should find a bench and stay out of public life.

• The Gipper Lives says:

Sessions did more damage to this country than Pelosi. Come to think of it, he helped make her Speaker.

• VegGOP says:

Were it not for Jared, Trump might well have appointed Chris Christie instead of Sessions. Part of the problem, I think, was that although Trump was profoundly well aware of the swamp financial and trade/business issues to be cleaned up (hence the highly effective appointments of wolverines Mnuchin, Ross, Lighhizer, etc), he grossly underestimated or insufficiently understood the legal issues, including the mess at the DOJ and the potential ramifications of a weak AG. Moreover, it is unclear to me why he didn’t demand Session’s resignation the DAY he recused (i.e. the next day after he entered the office), or shortly thereafter, at which time he still had strong political capital and a GOP house (notwithstanding the RINOs).

• Linda K. says:

I don’t know if Christie would’ve worked out either, but he would not have recused himself.

• Right Mover says:

Do not kid yourself that Chris Christie would have been ONE bit better. Christie is an untrustworthy phony opportunist. Don’t be impressed by his sound bytes.

• James says:

There is one thing wrong with this,I will take that back,two things ,
        1) Chris Christie
        2)Were it not for Jared, Trump might well have appointed[If you know this for,you need to get a different day job]

• WSB says:

At that point, President Trump did not have a reliable Rook to move on the chessboard. The Senate would not have confirmed a friendly.

• SharonKinDC says:

The problem in a nutshell is this: WHO would the Senate have approved? Rudy never would have had a chance. Probably not Christie, either, b/c he was perceived as at least marginally loyal to Trump. But since he was responsible for the conviction of Jared Kusher’s Dad, that was a non-starter.

McConnell wanted someone weak, Sessions fit the bill. The only reason Barr got in, imo, is b/c he already WAS an AG, so there is no way McConnell could have sandbagged him w/o the mask being ripped off and the Uniparty exposed.

We still have yet to see how far Barr will go in cleaning the swamp. Some good steps… but, as Sundance noted, in the case of Flynn, his hand was forced somewhat. Time will tell.

• The Phantom Stranger says:

Sessions will forever be known as the Judas in Trump’s administration. I hope he reads those words and they burn into his soul.

9. evergreen says:

How hard would it be to tell Trump that you will recuse if sworn in? Isn’t that what an HONEST person does?

• evergreen says:

That SINGLE act right there tells everything one needs to know about Sessions. He placed his own ambition ahead of his boss’s and Nation’s administrative needs.

• Eliza Bria says:

Are you sure it was ambition? I think it was sedition.

• MelH says:

Are you sure it wasn’t just plain ignorance?

• monica7966 says:

“Some have asked, why take the job as Attorney General if I knew I would have to recuse myself from the investigation? I knew no such thing. I wasn’t informed of Comey’s secret investigation until after I became Attorney General, and the investigation wasn’t publicly confirmed by the FBI until weeks after my recusal.

The President disagreed with me on recusal, but I did what the law required me to do. I was a central figure in the campaign and was also a subject of and witness in the investigation and could obviously not legally be involved in investigating myself. If I had ignored and broken the law, the Democrats would have used that to severely damage the President.

Knowing of the President’s disagreement with my decision, I tendered my resignation in writing the morning after Robert Mueller was appointed as special counsel. But President Trump chose not to accept it, and he asked me to continue to serve as his Attorney General and to help him “Make America Great Again.”

10. Alex1689 says:

Interesting development that Sessions has gone full out with the “Trust Sessions” and “Activate Jeff Sessions” memes at the last moment. Wonder if Politico or others will rip him for that move?

11. dustahl says:

Sessions, is as bad as Rosenstein, Wary, and Mueller, he knew what he was doing

• doyouseemyvision says:

Absolutely right. He was deliberate as hell. Sessions had been in the Senate for 20 years before AG and was not some young, innocent ingenue.

• Joe20 says:

Yes, it seems to me that Sessions is an actor.

He plays the role of innocent boy scout.

No man as old and experienced as Sessions is an ACTUAL innocent boy scout.

He doesn’t pass the smell test.

• diogenes says:

Usually safe to assume anyone in public life is a backstabbing duplicitous weasel whose soul and ass are both owned outright by foul masters. President Trump is a refreshing exception, but that backbiting little rat Kushner and his wife exerted far too much input for far too long.

The president should simply have Kushner shot out of hand and then buy his daughter a pony or something to make up for cleaning house.

• FreyFelipe says:

He begat them all.

• Eliza Bria says:

Absolutely true.

• The Phantom Stranger says:

Sessions is worse. Those other men made their distaste for President Trump known from the beginning and marked themselves as enemies in public.

Sessions lied his way into the Attorney General position to do as much damage to Trump’s presidency as possible.

• Will Hunt says:

Sessions had his chance… now he needs to get the hell out of the way

12. MaineCoon says:

Sessions he opened the door and paved the way for President Trump to be impeached. He should never be in DC again. He doesn’t deserve to represent anyone in this country ever again.

• FreyFelipe says:

Sessions is a lot so low all other lots he should envy.

• Eliza Bria says:

Sessions is a wicked saboteur.

• noswamp says:

Sessions did not lift a finger to save the Republic from the Deep State treason. He knew about it. Or he may have been complicit. Either way: he failed as our country’s AG. 100%.

Please, please Alabama, do not reward him for his ineptness or (worse) treason. He is not a friend of Trump.

A crooked tree will never grow straight.

• TJ says:

“I’m impressed with Rosenstein, he’s a friend.” – Jeff Sessions

13. Eric C. says:

Spread wide and far, NO MASKS can be required at polling location here in AL regardless if there’s a mask ordinance/order in effect in the city or county. The Secretary of State said it would be like having a poll tax.

• Eric C. says:

“ After receiving numerous inquiries from county and city officials questioning the legal authority to require or not require voters to wear masks, Secretary Merrill confirmed that state law does not place limits on an individual’s right to vote, citing Article III, Section 177(a) of the Constitution of Alabama, which reinforces the innate right of citizens to vote.

A notice from the Attorney General’s Office dated June 30, 2020 declared, “Though the Attorney General strongly recommends that voters and poll workers follow CDC guidelines when in public places and behave in a manner that is respectful of poll workers and fellow voters, it is clear that state law does not allow for an individual’s qualification to vote to be contingent upon the wearing of a mask or face covering, respecting social distancing, using gloves, or having a temperature in a normal range.”

14. anthonysaxetogrind says:

Sessions at least is a fool. Sessions are worst is complicit.

15. deqwik2 says:

Trump did a tele townhall type of phone message with Tuberville tonight also. Trump laid out what he wanted to do & how Tuberville would help & then laid out why he didn’t want Sessions. It could have been pre-recorded but he is definitely campaigning for Tuberville tonight.

16. At least he’s consistent. He’ll stick a knife in the back of the president through recusal and he’ll stick a knife in you by letting the police steal your money through asset seizure without even a trial.

• Kaco says:

Is that asset seizure going to be reversed by Barr or what? Wast that put in place for El Chapo or what? Whatever happened to Chapo’s assets?

17. leavemygunsalone says:

Jeff took the bold step of blowing off Cruz and supporting Trump, after that it was all down hill. I am offended that the man didn’t just go away and retire. These people are like addicts. It will be ridiculous if Sessions wins.

18. FreyFelipe says:

I kind of get the impression that DJT still remembers how Jeff Sessions stabbed him and America in the back and with a rusty knife no less.

• deqwik2 says:

Trump said tonight on a townhall phone call with Tuberville that because of Sessions some very good people were hurt badly & our country was hurt badly too. He didn’t mention himself.

• deqwik2 says:

Found what Trump said tonight.

“The president then turned his attention to Sessions.

“I will tell you, I got to know Jeff Sessions very well,” Trump explained. “I made a mistake when I put him in as the attorney general. He had his chance, and he blew it. He recused himself right at the beginning — just about on day one — on a ridiculous scam, the Mueller scam, the ‘Russia, Russia, Russia’ scam. And Jeff didn’t have the courage to stay there.”

“He immediately ran for the hills,” the president added of Sessions. “And he ruined a lot of lives, a lot of very innocent, good lives — people that went there all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, they went there and they ended up getting caught up in a scam. It was a scam of Pelosi and Schiff and just a horrible thing — Schumer — a horrible, horrible thing.”

19. Lady in Red says:

Has anyone followed Thuy Nguyen, I think her twitter handle was/is @helloitsthuy? I think I have that right. She would report on polls and election results. Was trying to find her re: Alabama. Twitter says she has no posts. She has disappeared. I hope I am just not remembering her name correctly.

• Lady in Red says:

Answered my own question. If anyone is interested, she appears to have left Twitter. And her name is Thao, not Thuy. Too bad, I liked her election night threads.

• GB Bari says:

Looks like you were following a ghost, an impostor.

Social media is the hiding place of millions of impostors. There are real people on there as well, but until you meet them in person or find irrefutable corroboration that they’re real, you have no way of knowing either way. It’s the perfect medium for deceivers.

• Troublemaker10 says:

I think one of Thao’s posts said she might come back later…but, wanted to end her analysis for now as she just wasn’t enjoying it anymore.

I miss her. Hope she comes back in a couple of months. She had great and objective analysis….called balls and strikes as they were….and was a Trump supporter.

• grenell2024 says:

If you search the name on twitter, you will find that Thao disappeared after being called out as a man from Singapore masquerading as a woman who analyzed polls. I think the twitter handle of the guy who busted him? her? is @redeaglepatriot. His explanation is here: https://www.redeaglepolitics.com/post/rising-pro-trump-twitter-elections-analyst-quits-after-being-exposed-as-a-foreign-psyop

20. SanJac says:

When Republicans went to Jefferson Beauregard Sessions and asked him to go after Clinton and he refused shows what he truly is. He alone as a sitting senator can meet with anyone on the face of this earth and is not required to recuse from his job and I still believe he was a plant from day one.

21. FreyFelipe says:

I never can think of Judas Iscariot without losing my temper. To my mind Judas Iscariot was nothing but a low, mean, premature, Jeff Sessions.
    – “Mark Twain”

22. Ray says:

Session showed he isn’t fit. More so by comments afterwards. He still argues it was a bonfide investigation.
    Actions and inactions sometimes have consequences. I hope this is one of those times.

23. Bob says:

Sessions is a swamp creature. Go to Mobile and swim into the Gulf of Mexico, and never return. What a fraud Sessions really was. You can thank old Jeff for the Russian Collusion Delusion. Two years of hell.

24. FreyFelipe says:

Yesterday, upon the stair
    I met a little man whose conscience wasn’t there
    It wasn’t there again today
    I wish, I wish he’d go away…

25. California Joe says:

I was the biggest cheerleader for Jeff Sessions and so devastated with his failure. He is a boy scout and allowed the Lawfare Division of the DOJ to con him into reclusing himself over nothing and allowing Rat Rosenstein to take over the department. He is weak and thought that showing an example by recusal would put the DOJ back on the track to integrity. He was sorely mistaken.

• evergreen says:

Integrity is having the stones to stay engaged and demonstrate it, not bail out and lay claim to it.

• Right Mover says:

And for all that, by his inaction up to this critical point, William Barr is not one damn bit better as AG. He talks a better game, but he ain’t no better than Jeff Sessions until he proves that he is.

• Julian says:

Hey hey hey, AG Bagpipes put that “Mueller Destroyer” Durham on the case!!

What a pitbull Durham is. Mueller never recovered after Durham destroyed him for his antics with that lovely Mr. Bulger.

• Chip Doctor says:

Bill Barr recused himself from being AG on his first day.

26. 4sure says:

Sessions is swamp. He never accomplished anything in his decades in the Senate. He will forever be known as the worse AG in history. Don’t know if he was just stupid or part of the plan.

He is responsible for the whole 4 yrs. of hell PTrump has undergone. He has no shame.

• Right Mover says:

“He will forever be known as the worse AG in history.”

Sessions was contemptible, but no, he was not worse than Eric Holder, an America-hating racist.

• decisiontime16 says:

While Eric Holder is an “America hating racist” just like his boss, he sure was someone Obama could count on 100%. A vicious attack dog,

27. The Boss says:

That video is a sad spectacle.

28. Linda K. says:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

29. FreyFelipe says:

Sessions is rather like a skunk that shoes up at a picnic and can’t smell his own stink..

30. We can still recover from the Mueller/Deep State/Globalist Witch Hunt.
    But if Tuberville votes (which he will) with Chamber of Commerce Globalists McConnell/Schumer to bring in millions more third world immigrants … America can not recover from that burden.
    Immigration is the biggest danger. Sessions is better on immigration. Way better.

31. Gaius Gracchus says:

Tommy feels like a Jared pick. As much as Jeff screwed up as AG, Tommy looks like the next Flake or Corker or Romney….

• Parker Longbaugh says:

If Sessions does win the primary I predict that Jeff will be revealed as source to the coup plotters during the campaign in declassified documents. He will be exposed as having direct communication with someone in FBI working on the Page FISA prior to his appointment as AG.

32. Kaco says:

Wonder what Stephen Miller thinks about Sessions now?

I’ve heard Tuberville might be a big club Republican who is new to Alabama, moved there to run for Senate. I don’t know what kind of promises POTUS is extracting from him, though.

But I do NOT trust Sessions after what he has done. I can’t believe he had the nerve to run and be in public again when he should have held his head in shame. He’s got someone backing him to have this nerve, if he is otherwise, so “timid”.

Here’s the thing, WHOEVER wins, you have to vote for him. Doug Jones is not an option regardless.

• Rileytrips says:

Whomever wins this Special primary election – Tuberville or Sessions – should use video of Sen. Jones voting AGAINST banning on – demand late term abortion…..over and over again in ads! Show pictures of preemie healthy babies born at 35 weeks, 36 weeks, etc…

I had triplets at 34 1/2 weeks along – they were all healthy, and went to the regular nursery and we went home 6 days after they were born ( they had to have 3 periods of time in the bili-beds for jaundice, which is normal for preemies).

33. Magabear says:

If only life were a movie where you could time travel and not let a certain Senator (a good Senator actually) take a job above his ability level. Sigh. 😒

34. emeraldcoaster says:

C’mon Jeff, haven’t you done enough damage already?

35. Hailey says:

Alabama is an open primary.

• emeraldcoaster says:

Section 17-13-7.1

Persons entitled to vote in primary runoff elections

(a) If an elector votes in a primary election, he or she may vote in a subsequent primary runoff election only if he or she voted in the primary election of the same political party for which the runoff election is being held.

• MACAULAY says:

This will save Tuberville from the Scam that elected a Very Senile old Thad Cochran in Mississippi—where Turtle McConnell and his operatives paid Democrats to go vote for him to defeat a hard core conservative in the Republican Primary.

36. warrenjay13 says:

Twitter kicked me off their platform for posting this comment on Sessions account….”There is still time to recuse your self from the election. Please just drift away.”

Obviously, Twitter wants Sessions to win.

Alabama…please don’t vote for the swampy Sessions.

• Kaco says:

They kicked you off for that?? How did that violate anything?

If Sessions wasn’t in on it, then think, he is a bigger idiot than anyone could have ever imagined.

37. warrenjay13 says:

Obviously, Twitter wants Sessions to win.

Alabama…please don’t vote for the swampy Sessions.

38. detad1 says:

Before he recused, I trusted him. After he recused I was told to trust him. I was told to trust Wray, etc.

I trust Trump.

39. Julian says:

I note that Sessions – or whoever runs Jeff’s Twitter Account – is trying to associate Sessions with Q!

Hang on – how many prosecutions of the Deep State under AG Jeff Sessions?!?!?

Is it a big fat ZERO!?!?!?

• Kaco says:

You have got to be kidding! There are no words.

Looks like the Q fools are falling for it reading the first replies.

So nice they “trust Sessions” more than our actual President! I guess POTUS is lying, it’s a chess game to them, he doesn’t really mean it, he is lying to the people to not vote for Sessions, reverse psychology and all. How can they believe Sessions over POTUS???? Whose side are they on?

• Matthew LeBlanc says:

Came across a Q person in real life. They eat sleep and breathe these fantasies. It was quite fascinating.

• TheWanderingStar says:

Buuurrrrpppp! Sorry folks, I almost barfed after reading what was twatted.

• decisiontime16 says:

Where’s the eye bleach after looking at that thing?

40. truthbomb says:

Sometimes I wonder if Jeff Sessions was the “insurance policy”.

• noswamp says:

truthbomb,

The thought has crossed my mind. But probably is not true. Although I can’t tell you one way or the other. That being said though, you are not far off from the mark though.

I think he was McConnell’s insurance policy, neither Paul Ryan or McConnell cared about the Republic(McConnell just cared about the judges, I will give him that). Mostly, they just cared about themselves and CoC. Just like Paul Ryan worked with DS to make sure that Trump accomplished as little as possible. So Sessions did nothing to help Trump.

That alone is despicable.

41. Rain says:

WHY?

Why does someone at Session stage in life want to go back into Power?

It’s an addiction?

42. Del Parker says:

Is it possible that PT wants Sessions to win? And this is all a head fake?

Please don’t ban me for being contrarian. President Trump is spending enormous political capital on this AL Senate race. There is no upside, to supporting Tuberville, who is McConnell’s pick to win. And McConnell is content to lose the Senate, and the Presidency. No, McConnell would like to lose the Presidency and lose the Senate. It’s a sorry state of affairs that I feel that way.

Steve Bannon is staying out of this, having learned his lesson fighting for Roy Moore, against the machinations of Jared and Ivanka. Bannon must realize President Trump can not squander political capital, and time is very short. There is time to correct things in the campaign, but there is no time for mistakes to be made.

I don’t understand it. Sessions is pro MAGA; Tuberville is anti-MAGA on the signature immigration issue of MAGA. Tuberville is easy pickings for the Dims in Nov. Jeff Sessions was the author of MAGA, the author of the idea that someone could win the Presidency by running a Populist campaign on Immigration.

Trump must know Sessions had to recuse, as the Special Counsel was investigating the Campaign, which Jeff Sessions was part.

Tomorrow, Tues, is such a big day, and the week is only beginning.

• starfcker says:

No. Sessions is a backstabber of the first degree. He failed the President, and more importantly failed the country. He set the template for run out the clock do nothing Attorney Generals that we’ve been plagued with ever since the day he took the oath of office. A traitor in the first degree.

• Kaco says:

“Is it possible that PT wants Sessions to win? And this is all a head fake?”

That right there is delusional Q crap. What you are saying is the President is lying to the people in who he would like to win but in actuality, he is asking everyone in earnest to please vote for Tuberville. Why do people have a hard time believing our President when he calls things out? You all did this when he tweeted about Sessions inaction and disappointment when Sessions was still AG. Nobody wanted to believe the President and wanted to believe in Sessions more than our POTUS. The only time he puts it on is when he is dealing with some political leaders like Kim Jong Un to try to sweet talk him into being nice and doing the right thing. Except I did hear him explain as an aside to the Press softly, “I am trying to take away the nukes, do you understand?”

The only people who question this are those who follow the Q larper. Who is still lulling some gullible people into complacency. Our POTUS is vulnerable, we’ve seen it. There are real dangers to his reelection with everything going on and traitors everywhere. For Pete’s sake, even Sundance is taking action to ensure justice is truly served!

Anybody who sits on their duff and watches Q videos is going to be sorry if things go the wrong way come November. What’s the plan then when you see all of POTUS’ policies go up in smoke and the new socialism/communism Orwell era is ushered into our former Republic?

• Del Parker says:

What’s all this about Q? I am not a follower nor do I believe in Q, for what it’s worth, nor do I appreciate the one size fits all association.

I don’t see why Trump would support an open borders guy Tuberville. I could see Jared supporting Tuberville. And Tuberville is going to be taken out by the Dims, if he prevails in the Primary, cause of the coaching sex stuff. I see PT’s support, as an unforced error, brought on by Jared, w no political upside for MAGA.

Sessions is MAGA. Tuberville is anti MAGA. MAGA gets Trump elected. Tuberville, if he gets in the Senate, just gives MAGA more of a problem being implemented.

Sessions did not ask to be AG, did he? Sessions had to recuse, once the investigation was about the campaign.

Fire Jared, and fire Jared publicly, and watch PT’s poll numbers jump 5%.

• Kaco says:

Where you reading this, Breitbart? Bannon is at odds with Jared, that’s why. I don’t give a rat’s behind if Jared is on board, Jared ran his campaign in ’16 behind the scenes.

Sessions BEGGED to be AG, Pres Trump even said so as others have said. Many here are now suspicious of why he wanted the job so bad. He has a lot of nerve, too, claiming if it weren’t for his recusal, President Trump would not have been exonnerated. Sessions put the country through hell and I will never forget it.

43. TJ says:

President Trump on Sessions.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: I would say if I had one do over, it would be, I would not have appointed Jeff Sessions to be attorney general. That would be my one —

CHUCK TODD: That’s your, in your mind, that’s your worst mistake?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Yeah, that was the biggest mistake.

44. Joe says:

Traitor? Dupe? Dunce? No, the very worst reason to vote against Mr. Sessions is none of those. It is in fact that after the results were in and clearly discernible, he would ever consider running again for any Federal office.

It’s not complicated. Some mistakes are permanently disqualifying. His apparent inability to acknowledge that is by far the most disturbing thing about Jeff Sessions.

45. DiogeneseVindicated says:

In past times when we had a strong national conservative conscious Jeff Sessions would have been fine. However times are much different now. There are words for a person that shuns the light at at time when the nation needs them the most. It’s ok to be weak but for God sakes stay away from roles demanding courage and conviction. The nation’s chief law enforcement officer is not the position you should desire.

46. benifranlkin says:

Sessions the Republican is still better than Jones the Democrat as the Senator from Alabama. If Sessions beats Tuberville I hope everyone including the President remembers that.

47. lambgraham says:

President Trump calls him Mr. Magoo. He rewarded Sessions with AG post because he was the first Senator to endorse him. Trump really believed after the election every one would come together to make the USA great again. Little did he realize they were determined to make life hell even if it meant destroying the country. When Sessions recused himself the opposition removed the equivalent of the queen off the chess board.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Some here may remember “The Battles” between the posters here over Sessions.
      We lost many great posters over Sessions. “Is he good or bad?”

It was a sad event. Many friends just left.

One of the “First” posters to call Sessions out was “Howie”
      Howie, his Battleships, Barking Seals…..He was the first one to call Sessions
      “The Possum”

He was right about Sessions….
      But everyday Howie was “Crucified” by other posters for his non-support of Sessions……but he never responded to the criticism.

He just quit posting……Along with many others

Howie was / is still my good friend.

Sessions……He begged the President for the AG job.
      Said it was the only one he would take……..Then stabs the President in the back…

He needs his ass beat…

Next.

48. Derelict of Duty to our President shame on him

49. Merkin Muffley says:

And once again, Fox gave free airtime to Sessions last light.

50. Right to reply says:

Sessions should have recused himself from this election…