Oh my, acting DNI Ric Grenell was/is buckets of brutally honest awesome.

In a departing letter to SSCI Vice-Chair Mark Warner, Grenell responds to a Warner inquiry demanding justification for his blitz of sunlight and naming of unmaskers.

Specifically pointing to the release of names that unmasked Trump administration officials Grenell notes “the decision to declassify the names of individuals who sough to unmask the identity of General Flynn poses absolutely no risk of compromise of either sources or methods.”  Grenell also tells Warner, “cherry picking certain documents for release while attacking the release of others that don’t fit your political narrative is part of the problem the American people have with Washington DC politicians.”

The Daily Caller has compiled a partial list of Grenell’s accomplishments to include:

— Directed the IC to change the way they protect the identities of U.S. citizens contained within intelligence reporting

— Completed the IC review of 53 transcripts from the House Intelligence Committee’s investigation into alleged Russian collusion in the 2016 election and made the transcripts publicly available

— Declassified previously redacted footnotes from the Justice Department Inspector General’s report into the origins of the Russian collusion investigation

— Declassified a list of government officials who requested the unmasking of National Security Advisor Michael Flynn

Replaced FBI with ODNI as the primary group responsible for briefing presidential campaigns on information derived from national intelligence

— Declassified former national security adviser Susan Rice’s email to herself regarding a January 2016 Oval Office where progress on the Russia investigation was discussed

— Declassified additional transcripts in ODNI’s possession for potential public release by incoming DNI John Ratcliffe

(READ MORE)

And even that list doesn’t include the declassification of the Rosenstein/Mueller scope memos and several more important contributions during his tenure.

Grenell’s greatest contribution as DNI was personifying a belief that government, including the intelligence apparatus, works for the people; and as a direct result the intelligence apparatus has a responsibility to provide sunlight upon all aspects of their function that does not impede national security.

The way to keep politics out of intelligence matters is to keep as much of their activity as public as possible.  Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

I hope we see more of Ric Grenell in another capacity soon.

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, 4th Amendment, 6th Amendment, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, FBI, Legislation, media bias, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Spygate, Spying, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

221 Responses to Ric Grenell Hits Senator Mark Warner With Sunlight Hammer as He Exits Role as DNI….

1. lansdalechip says:

Dear Senator Warner,
    Strongly worded letter to follow.
    Regards,
    The Grenade

• flyoverfuji says:

Imagine how p*ssed Warner is right now. Gotta love Grenell.

• Randolph Scott says:

The President needs to make sure that Mr. Grenell stays employed in the Executive Branch, I can’t wait until Mr. Grenell starts kicking some arrogant criminal FBI asses

• MJJ says:

Unfortunately, for the DOJ-FBI-NSA-CIA-FISAC the Lost 302s are Equivalent to President Nixon 20 Minute Erasure of Watergate Tapes.

This is why the Former Watergate Prosecutors lack Substance and Honesty and Obamagate is the same as Watergate and even worse since it involves Justice Department and Courts Institutions caught in the Middle with previous Appointments, Employees, and Retired, Resigned and Terminated!

Along with Obama Administrations Under Oath saw No Russian Collusion nor seized any DNC Computer Servers Data Crime Scenes like the Watergate Tapes later handed over by Court Order and Public Released?

Until those Original 302s Appear the DOJ cannot Win Back the Trusts of the American People. Someone or many must he held Accountable so America Institutions can move on with Reforms!

2. paulashley says:

The History Channel is showing its series on U.S. Grant and in keeping with that, Trump can channel Lincoln when talking about Grenell: “I can’t spare this man. He fights.”

3. EnoughIsEnough says:

Ric Grenell works for the PEOPLE! His respect for the citizens, his disdain for establishment and their crooked way of doing business, and his commitment for the truth put him in a class of his own. I am so hopeful that we will see him in another housecleaning role in this Administration and soon! He accomplished more in a few months than the dead weight and grifters he exposed did in years of service. It isn’t often that someone stands out for their service in Washington, but he has definitely raised the bar and should be the standard bearer for future elected and appointed positions.

4. Horsesoldier says:

Pssst, Holder. This is what a real wingman looks like.

5. Erik Heter says:

Grennell = Lennox Lewis
    Warner = Haseem Rahman

6. sunnydaze says:

Ric Grenell is a *keeper* !

Love this guy!

7. railer says:

Ratliffe appears to be slotted for AG, imo. Just gotta wait for Barr to put himself in Sessions territory and following the election… BOOM.

Grennell is possibly slotted for Sec of State. I know many are in love with Pompeo, but I remain suspicious because he’s a committed neocon, imo. Trump’s put the heavy squeeze on him, and while I’m not disappointed with the results right now, I shall remain suspicious.

Esper was another McConnell choice, not much different than the jarhead he replaced. I’d like to get a MAGA guy in that slot as well. Grennell may not be that guy unfortunately, or that’s where I’d put him.

• G. Alistar says:

No on both accounts. Pompeo would leave the Sec State position only for a Senate run in Kansas. Besides, Pompeo is doing a masterful job, is loyal to the nation, the President and people. Grenell would be better suited for an Inspector General position to bring our the daylight on corruption of the deep state.

8. Summer says:

I hope Mr. Grenell will get another prominent position. Being “just” an Ambassador in Merkel’s Reich was a waste of his talents.

We shall see if Ratcliffe is true MAGA or just another disastrous appointment within the next few days. Now that we know WHAT CAN BE DONE if the person in charge is really interested in doing the right thing, we should never accept ANYTHING LESS.

To be honest, I never liked Ratcliffe. Can’t put my finger on it but that’s how I feel. He is a lawyer and a politician — two professions I instinctively distrust and even despise, no offense to our resident lurking lawyers. The other profession I absolutely hate is being a member of the “intelligence community”, aka spies, professional liars, assassins of people and characters, hackers, blackmailers etc.

Now, Ratcliffe is going to be all three – a lawyer, a politician and a head of the friggin “intelligence community”, may it rot in hell. Unless I see a Really Serious Action within days, he is dead to me. Permanently.

• jeans2nd says:

Summer, cannot speak for the other professions, but hackers are not always bad guys, and actually reside right here in among the commenters.

Please have a little faith in DNI Ratcliff for now. DNI Ratcliff was one of the good guys running those 53 interrogations that were declassified last week.

• lackawaxen123 says:

well THAT will keep him up at night for sure …

9. leon0112 says:

Grenell should be the next State Department IG. He should start with an investigation into the Office of Net Assessment, Stephan Halper and Mark Lovinger.

10. timothy says:

Far too polite for the times; the words scumbag, lowlife, crap weasel (my apologies to weasels everywhere) and a multitude of appropiately florid terms to describe that scumbag lowlife crapweasel warner are , sadly, not in the letter.

11. Dukeroyal says:

The question of the day: Who was the Virginia carpenter that built the woodshed Ric Grenell just hauled Mark Warner behind?

12. T2020 says:

“The way to keep politics out of intelligence matters is to keep as much of their activity as public as possible. Sunlight is the best disinfectant. I hope we see more of Ric Grenell in another capacity soon.” Perfectly stated, SD!!🍷

13. Perot Conservative says:

– FIRED Atkinson
    – FIRED / removed 2 other bureaucrats
    – downsizing of some positions?
    – implemented a more efficient Intell reorg others just talked about.

14. Skidroe says:

He can walk and chew gum at the same time. Put him in charge of the CIA, FBI, DOJ and LOL.

15. nimrodman says:

“And even that list doesn’t include the declassification of the Rosenstein/Mueller scope memos”

Sundance – has the 3rd scope memo been declassed and released?
    You suspected someone’s name under the redactions, wasn’t it Michael Flynn Jr ?

16. deplorable says:

Redactions here, redactions there, redactions redactions everywhere.

The IC hides behind their redactions and false claims of “national security”. One egregious example:

Former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, who was fired for lying under oath, spent $70,000 in taxpayer dollars on a conference table. The FBI also redacted the conference table’s steep price tag from documents that members of the Senate Judiciary Committee requested, in an apparent attempt to hide it from Congress.

• Beau Geste says:

If the public found out about $75,000 conference ables, that could affect their sources of cash, and methods of waste.

It would also spy stephan halper demand more money than the $million he got for some ‘reports’.

17. MACAULAY says:

Rick Grennell is now my man, like Kurt Russell was in Tombstone—meaning from now on, whatever he does or says—I agree with it. If I ever disagree with Rick Grennell, from now on, I will assume I’m wrong.

That paragraph is the type of thing which should have been written by every “All Hat No Cattle” Uni-Party Republican from Inauguration day onward.

It is absurd that 3 and a half years later, it has not been conclusively shown who Misfud was working for when he set the whole thing in motion.

Grennell can be Supreme Court Justice, FBI Director—anything would suit me. Make it both–he has already shown he can do two things at once. Has the Globalists in Europe and the Democrats in America…in equal states of Tizzy…at the same time.

18. RJ says:

Using street language, I would call Grennell’s letter a “serious bitch slap!”

I would also say…Well done, very well done!”

19. Somebody's Gramma says:

Trump is soooooo politically savvy (sorry Nancy, you are no match for our Donald!). This Grenell thing is absolutely brilliant! I pray that boatloads of sunlight hit the DC swamp creatures and they shrivel up and die. I pray for so much sunlight that the swamp itself dries up. I pray that every single one of those corrupt monsters ends up broke, not on a private island living off our money that they’ve siphoned off over the decades. I pray that they are all so humbled and so wrecked, that they repent of their sins and beg our forgiveness. And my response will be… “You’re in God’s hands now. He will do what He will with you. We’ve had enough of you.”

20. Pf1289 says:

Old Maxwell’s silver hammer!

• Pf1289 says:

Not sure why this showed up here. It was in reply to a chorus made up to the tune of this song at the end of the first page of comments.

21. jumpinjarhead says:

Grenell has done yeoman’s work and has demonstrated what can be accomplished when the people are considered to be the employers of government politicians, officials and bureaucrats AND when one actually does what the oath of his or her office commits him or her to do to “protect the Constitution [NOT a person, party, ideology etc.!!!] against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Notwithstanding his exemplary performance of duty, however, unlike some others here and elsewhere, I cannot in good conscience say we need more “just like him” if that includes his blatant perversion. I simply cannot say that is “virtuous.”

• JCM800 says:

Concur!

• Amy2 says:

That said, you should pray for his salvation.

• jumpinjarhead says:

I do, as I do for all the lost. I make a distinction between “sin” and those who sin. Furthermore there is no hierarchy of sin—in the economy of God, gossip and envy are no less sin than murder as all sin , in whatever form it manifests, springs from a depraved heart, bare of any virtue, and a lost soul.

Our highest calling as Christians is to reflect and share the Gospel of Christ in all we think, say and do. As such, we must also speak the truth in the love of Christ as to the sin that surrounds us, lest we inadvertently lead others further astray by implying or stating that sin is something else than what it is. This is another area we as Christians are failing the lost in keeping silent or even worse, lying about the sin in our “culture” to be “polite,” avoid criticism and labeling or because we have been paralyzed and compromised by the lie of satan that we are never to “judge.”

• Amy2 says:

So when you said “his blatant perversion” you meant “his sin.” Got it.

• jumpinjarhead says:

Homosexuality is a perversion of God’s creation and yes, as such is “sin.” Glad you get it.

• Amy2 says:

Yes, I do. I assume when you refer to any other official’s lying or theft, it will also be referred to as their “blatant perversion”?

My point is your first post made a distinction between Grennell’s sin and all the other people we discuss.

All sin is punishable, homosexuality is “detestable” because it perverts the example of marriage, which is a picture of Christ and the Church (and also God’s wife Israel, whom He divorced).

Did you specifically point out about Grennell because politically he’s on our side? You came off a little high minded and not in a good way. If you had his eternity in mind you should have said so.
              Are you concerned he may one day be our first Homosexual president and that makes it more mainstream? Pray all the more.

• jumpinjarhead says:

I had to laugh at your term “high-minded” as in my obviously extremist view it made my point of virtue very poignantly.

I focused on Grenell’s homosexuality since he was the subject of the thread. I can assure you that I see a myriad of evidences of our sad “culture” that is increasingly devoid of virtue far beyond homosexuality. As I also indicated, I do so with a very profound humility and awareness of my own sin nature that, if not continually submitted to God’s Grace and Will, tends to act out just as it does to all of us.

The reason I continue to post these uncomfortable and apparently boring to many, posts about virtue, is hardly because I consider myself somehow immune to our “culture” or “better” than others but rather is because so many, as evident in this thread alone, have fallen prey to the wiles of the devil and our spiritual and worldly mortal enemies by compromising, in many cases unwittingly due to the incremental strategy used so effectively against us.

I also can assure you I fervently pray daily that the headlong rush of America away from our heritage and into the sewer can be reversed. If it is not, I have little doubt we will see many more “firsts,” like a homosexual president who will no doubt ride the shoulders of many Americans, including worldly “conservatives” who, like the election of Obama with the race card, are so eager to prove they are not too “high minded” to not vote for such a “worthy” candidate.

• sturmudgeon says:

Amy2.. I thought our last president was our first homosexual president..

• MSG Grumpy says:

Amen, and absolutely true JJH,
          Our testimony should be the beginning, His Word the foundation, Sin the problem, Salvation the answer, Repentance the way we get to the answer.
          It is the sunlight that illuminates the deadly condition we are in (One and All).
          When it comes to the disinfecting powers of sunlight that is mentioned in this article and throughout the posts, it calls to mind one of my favorite verses:

Ephesians 5:11-13 “Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light.

I pray this Nation and ALL people turn from the sickness that we have wallowed in for decades. I pray for Revival and Repentance and that we as a Nation will seek God’s face.

MSG Grumpy

• jumpinjarhead says:

Brother/Sister—what a wonderful post and with one of my favorite verses that I also think of every time I see the allusion to sunlight as the Great Disinfectant in the CTH threads. Perhaps more and more Treepers will also realize the deeper meaning of the metaphor.

Thanks for your service as well!

You have gone far to make my day!

• sturmudgeon says:

Has Grenell approached you? Has he sniffed your kid’s hair… whispered in your kid’s ear? His personal ‘habits’, ‘preferences’, etc. that “from his recent performance at his job” are hardly your business… He has acted as a Patriot, and given good information to “The People”… that is more than good enough for me.

• jumpinjarhead says:

We will politely agree to disagree as to your final point—I hew to the views of our Founders that being a “patriot” also necessarily meant being “virtuous.” If one honestly surveys the condition of our “culture” today it is self-evident where the “modern” notion that being “virtuous” is no longer relevant to how our officials do their jobs or, as importantly, how we live our lives in general has gotten us.

22. penny munday says:

Heh. Warner got Ric rolled.

Next?!

23. Jim Raclawski says:

BRAVO ZULU sir…. glad POTUS put you in as “DH”….. SEMPER FI

24. plane of the ecliptic says:

I had to read his Bio for the first time searching for how he turned out like he did. Man, after all those years at Foggy Bottom, and working for Mittens! Amazed at how good he is. I see he went to Evangel University in Springfield MO for undergrad. Maybe his conservative MAGA foundation was assisted, and nurtured by that?

25. glenndc says:

Are you sure his name is Grennell? Could swear he looks like Grendel…

26. Mist'ears Mom says:

OMgee I love responses that throw their crap right back into their faces and uses common sense language to ask them why they doth protest so much, while pointing out their complete and utter hypocrisy. Bravo Mr. Grenell, bravo indeed.
    Carry on.

27. Patriot1783 says:

Grennell’s last paragraph is the real zinger 😂😂🤣

28. Jimmy Jack says:

I hope there’s a new role for Ric Grenell
    to further expose tanks. I don’t know what position that would be

I’m praying for him and Nope others wjll to – that he has a hedge of protection. He’s a prime candidate for an Arkancide.

29. Pete says:

I like to see Amb Grennel replace Christopher Wray as director of the FBI. There are very important roles the FBI director plays than creating binders of policies and procedures. Maybe with Amb Grennel as director, the FBI will uncover and stop terrorist plots before they happen!

30. WSB says:

Ric’s last sentance is explosive!

Thank you, Ric! Grenade!

31. jumpinjarhead says:

It is quite telling how successful our enemies have been in nudging us into their new normal of our “modern culture” that is increasingly devoid of “virtue.”

As Patrick Henry presciently warned us:

“. . . Virtue, morality, and religion. This is the armor, my friend, and this alone that renders us invincible. These are the tactics we should study. If we lose these, we are conquered, fallen indeed . . . so long as our manners and principles remain sound, there is no danger.”

32. MaineCoon says:

I post this in honor of Mr. Ric Grennel, because he professes to be a Christian on his twitter account. Maybe, he will read this…..

Matthew 25:14-30

The Parable of the Talents

14 “For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants[a] and entrusted to them his property. 15 To one he gave five talents,[b] to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master’s money. 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.[c] You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’

22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here, I have made two talents more.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’

24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
    ———————————————————-

Well done, Mr. Grennell. You have faithfully served the President of the United States. He is pleased. May he set you over much, soon.

33. I like the idea of Grenell as the acting ambassador of Ukraine for a while, then moves on to clean up the next nest of corruption. lol

• Sherri Young says:

He has already gained a senate confirmation as ambassador to Germany. He should be able to make the lateral move to ambassador to Ukraine without having to settle for “acting”. He would be more effective that way unless there might be another reformer to install there.

34. teeheeman says:

Ric Grenell needs to say on Trump’s team in an impact role! #KeepRicGrenell

35. In the Land of Poz says:

Grenell has done more in a few months (with a nice warm-up period as ambassador to MerkelVille) for acceptance and trust of homosexuals in public office than 50 years of leftist activism.

The catty and performative tone of many of his tweets is somewhat gay, but in an asset-not-liability kind of way, similar to Trump’s limitless always-strike-back vulgarianism. “We go high when they go low” only works when the media go low on your behalf. For everyone else, the choice is to fight or die. As Grenell tweeted recently: welcome to 2020.

Trump should appoint him to a new type of post, also very 2020 in nature: Secretary of Declassification and Sunlight.

36. chuck says:

Not to worry, The Hammer (Grenell) isn’t going anywhere. He will be the hit man for the President to continue draining the swamp.

37. ezduzit63 says:

Great work Sundance…found this little ditty that if you ask me amounts to blackmail…
    In exchange, they ordered their loyal prosecutor Robert Mueller, whom they had already used against Panama (1987-89), Libya (1988-92) and in the 9/11 attacks (2001), to bury his investigation into Russiagate.

38. ezduzit63 says:

Obama was a NATO Guy,CIA & Pentagon…but he was preceded of course by other NATO supporters..the Crown
    Barack Obama had already been NATO’s candidate for a long time. Mr. Obama and his family have always worked for the CIA and the Pentagon. [3] Moreover, the initial funds for his campaign were provided by the Crown of England, via a businessman named Nadhmi Auchi.
    In presenting the Black Senator to the Bilderbergers, the Atlantic Alliance was, in fact, organizing public relations at the international level for the future president of the United States.

39. Retiired IG says:

I almost felt like crying when I read the SCATHING letter Rick Grenell sent to Warner. Only because it gave me so much pleasure to read it, and at the same time trying to come to terms with his “passing the baton” on to Radcliffe.

My non-existent crystal ball cannot see the future for Rick Grenell. But for him to call out Warner BS set my heart on fire and restored my FAITH that there ARE people who work for WE THE PEOPLE!

I remember WARNER once wanted Julian Assange as his “best boyfriend.” Warner then DUMPED ASSANGE when, duh, Warner maybe, somehow, realized that Assange had INTEGRITY. And wasn’t going to sell his soul to anyone.

If you wonder whether I am such a cynic, the Agency I used to work for (under both DIM and Rep), it was Bill Clinton that signed an an Executive Order that said “your Agency doth classify too much.”

You called it right Sundance re rushing Radcliffe in versus keeping Grennel on. In his time as a REAL DNI – he TOOK A FLAME THROWER to the SWAMP.

Thank you Rich Grennel for your SUNLIGHT. I pray that you will continue to breathe your awesome fire and singe, with your CLEAN DRAGON BREATH OF FIRE- each and every one who is only out for their own interest..

Rich Grennel deserves a MEDAL OF HONOR.

40. TwoLaine says:

Tom Fitton wants him as the Transparency Czar.

41. Susan D Harms says:

IG is not the place for Grennell. IG is powerless — even their reports may not see the light of day. FBI or CIA is the place for him — with power to hire and fire, re-organize, change policy and procedure.

42. Captain_Ahab says:

It is possible that something Ric Grenell declassified recently – that will see the light of day shortly – will illustrate Judge Sullivan’s entrapment complicity and is the reason for his lawyering up?

43. humaweiner says:

Democrats love to use “identity groups” as a way to polarize people, any day the dem’s will use gay slurs against one of our bravest warriors, go get ’em you angry honey badger.