NEC Director Larry Kudlow Discusses Economy and Unemployment…

National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow appears on Fox News to answer Sandra Smith’s dramatic questions about the U.S. economy collapsing and “dropping into the deepest recession in U.S. history.” The Trump administration has devoted enormous resources to the COVID-19 stimulus package to keep families and small businesses afloat amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Meanwhile Bill Hemmer is waxing philosophically about hearing the sounds of birds in Manhattan for the first time in generations and what that means to America.  According to the knucklehead COVID-19 appears to be forcing planet earth to heal itself from a parasitic human society that lost connection to their deeper selves.

Meanwhile on CNN Chris Cuomo and Brooke Baldwin play the role of “influencers” for the WHO; selling with dramatic flare what it’s like to cope with Coronavirus, and how that changes you as a person to become more deep and connected to your center sphere… It’s a level of enlightenment only possible through the virus.

Friggin’ nuts.

All of this.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Economy, media bias, New York, Notorious Liars, Occupy Type Moonbats, Political correctness/cultural marxism, President Trump, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

89 Responses to NEC Director Larry Kudlow Discusses Economy and Unemployment…

1. dasantacroce says:

Friggin nuts but I know DJT and the people around have this.

2. LibertyMatters says:

There is nothing we have experienced directly or have been credibly told by any level of government, even by DJT, to justify what is being done to us and our economy. Our economy is us, that is what gives us freedom! Giving up our economy is like checking ourselves into prison…

3. JohnCasper says:

This country is engaging in an orgy of self-mutilation, bandages or no bandages..

Fauci must be fired and fauci-ism must be cast out.

Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor damped, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity.,b> Then no man, however wise , will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue.
    – Sun Tzu

• 4EDouglas says:

Well while some businesses are closed here in NE Oregon you can still go to the drug store ,buy groceries stop at he local hardware store,, Order take out as long as I have my permission slip from the Doc and the Care center my wife is at, everything’s good..
      Local police aren’t going to pull you over for driving while old..
      I will wait and see how bad it really is..
      BTW Trump’s read Sun Tsu and Von Clausewicz ..

• TonyE says:

“Rommel, you magnificent bastard! I read your book”.

😉

Trump knows how to double down on the Progressives, Deep State and globalists. That’s what drives them nuts. Trump likely knows the Alinsky playbook.

• ms doodlebug says:

It wasn’t bad enough in Ohio. Gov. Dewine has now limited how many people can go into the grocery stores at a time. Now Ohioans can stand six feet apart for hours in long lines to hopefully get a few bites of whatever food is left when their turn comes. We aren’t going to see his ass standing in line though. He’s the lawd and mastah.

• coastermomohio says:

I had enough of DeWine from the first wave of his shutdown. I gave him a little slack after seeing that the President seemed to be all in on these orders. Limiting the number who can be in the store is the last straw. We are being treated like children. I haven’t noticed any crowding in the stores after the initial panic day. Everyone has been politely keeping their 6ft. distance. It’s almost like some of these governors get a rush out of decreeing a new mandate. They’re like addicts.

• ms doodlebug says:

DeWine is a pompous ass. You can bet ‘he’ won’t be standing in line to get groceries. He’s the cure that’s worse than the problem. Next up…must wear masks…perfect to conceal identities when otherwise law-abiding citizens engage in civil disobedience.

• trnathens says:

Thanks to PDJT:

(1) our weapons are NOT dulled, but the best in the world, and have been recently upgraded and updated thanks to his foresight (look, he has been openly aggressive towards the Chinese almost from Day 1, basically telling them that we’re going to take their livelihood away, first with tariffs, and then by taking all those manufacturing jobs back, and he KNEW that he needed a strong military in place to deter what is a typical response to economic hardship: war

(2) I don’t know about YOU, JohnCasper, but my ardor could not be LESS damped now than at almost any other time in my life! Is this a scary time? To be sure. I’m a small business owner. But guess what? I’d rather crawl over broken glass on my bare hands and knees with PDJT leading the way than with any other person alive. He WILL get us through this, intact, and even better than before;

(3) our strength hasn’t even been tested yet, let alone exhausted! we go through two world wars during which in those darkest of days the survival of not just ours, but every republic in the world was in questions;

(4) our treasure isn’t spent – far from it;

(5) everything PDJT and Pence have been doing and saying the past three years have been in preparation for something like this (Calm Before the Storm tweet from 2017, Pence telling Naval Academy grads that they WILL fight on a battlefield in their careers, rebuilding the military, redrafting NAFTA to protect our economy from China-dumping, tariffs, trade agreements with new and more friendly allies; because PDJT has been openly challenging the status quo, and typically, historically, that CAN, can lead to conflict, so best be prepared, eh?

Buck up, little camper. We have a real team of leaders at the helm. Nothing has stopped them thus far (and we KNOW the other side has tried to derail him), and nothing is going to, because he is acting from a position of love and compassion for his fellow man/woman, and love conquers all (it DOES help that we have a kick ass military!)

• trnathens says:

our strength hasn’t even been tested yet, let alone exhausted! we got through two world wars during which, in those darkest of days, the survival of not just ours but every republic in the world was in question;

• JohnCasper says:

Well, I suppose when we hit 20% Fauci driven unemployment (the St. Louis Fed says it could reach 30%), we could say “so what” and just draft a few tens of millions of unemployed and have a war with China to keep them from being couped up and bored.

• trnathens says:

Such a defeatist attitude is not worth engaging. Sorry, JohnCasper, but I’m going to concentrate on encouraging and uplifting and ‘Merica, F— Yeah! comments, because that’s what I need to do to keep MY spirits up, which helps me stay sane in this period of extraordinary unknowns.

As scary as this is, and it is…we ARE living through history. All those times in grade school, in college, law school, and after…reading about events in history that were so impactful they changes the course of history…this is one.

What did Jesus say to his disciples when they awoke him, afraid, scared, as he slept in a boat during a storm?

He woke up and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” Then the wind ceased, and there was a dead calm. He said to them, “Why are you afraid? Have you still no faith?” And they were filled with great awe and said to one another, “Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?”

it’s PDJT, is who it is!

(that’s not blasphemy, it’s me keeping my spirits up!)

4. Matthew LeBlanc says:

The human race has hit a dead end.

5. BuckNutGuy says:

Its the most expensive “nuts” in the history of mankind

• delighteddeplorable says:

You said it, Buck. It occurs to me that Americans now have a front-row preview of life as it would be if the socialist democraps are ever in power again. The WuFlu situation sucks, is painful, is horrible and surreal – but it’s temporary.

6. Islam_Is Islam says:

Nuts. Complete nuts. Would you please repost President Trump and his little friends meme? Will Hassett step in front of cameras do you think?

7. sunnyflower5 says:

Funny how Bill Hemmer didn’t notice the rats boldly taking over the streets.

8. thomas says:

This ain’t going to work.. My “necessary” shopping trip today was like living in the book 1984.. Overhead speakers telling people government guidelines, marked off areas where to enter and exit, managers yelling at people to separate, and shelves of things you need empty.. It was sad, my wife literally shed a tear on the way home.. We must reopen the economy and just do our very best to protect the most vulnerable, you adults being adults… This isn’t going to end well if they keep it shutdown..

• jimrockfish says:

Just what I was going to write about. Waiting in line at post office, reminded about my 6’ distance by caution tape on floor, to see a clerk who now is behind plexiglass like at a bank. PSA regarding the virus playing.

Same kind of PSA playing in the Walmart grocery parking lot. Not even inside the store.

And our AZ governor just furthered his stay at home order to close barber shops and all the benches and seating at parks. Our local police posting on facebook that they aren’t stopping and asking for papers. But, they will arrest or cite flagrant violators. Maybe it’s time to be arrested and fight whatever charge they bring against me on constitutional grounds. What law can you point me to that says I can’t leave my house officer ? Or sit on a bench at a park? Show me the statute that was passed by the legislature and signed into law by the governor. That will be in your arrest report, officer.

Some if not all of this has to be unconstitutional. It’s sickening.

• Boots says:

Felt the same way until I found our state statute “Ciivil Preparedness And Emergency Orders”. Statute gives governor enormous power to limit travel, etc. I was stunned. Governor can do almost as he pleases. Some violations are felonies with up to 5 years prison. What BS! I thought.

Then I recalled my WWII history. Government ordered people to black out their windows. Rationed food, gas, cigarettes. And more. Granted, I believe states pushing this stay at home crapola to see how much they can get away with, silently telling Americans “We’re your masters, you must obey.” All another effort to get Trump or win 2020, or both.

My state just issued ‘no non-necessary travel, no vacationing in hotels (reserved for CV workers)’ etc. I’m doing what I want anyway, but if LE stops me I understand they have a statute to fall back on. I don’t.

• Tarstarkas says:

Then don’t go to Trader Joe’s!

9. XO says:

The China Virus is supposedly a death sentence.

Yet Cuomo is well enough to essentially do his normal job on CNN.

Do people really not possess logic and critical thought any more?

• trnathens says:

And why is HE allowed to continue going to work?

Well, trnathens, we have put into place strict protocols, so he wears a mask and gloves as he comes into the building…

Or, more likely, he’s on the drug combo PDJT mentioned, and isn’t even sick anymore.

But yeah, if HE can go to work, then WhyTF can’t the rest of us. And he’s in NEW YORK the epicenter of the epicenter?!

And no one has called him on this?!

• CM-TX says:

He claims he’s broadcasting from his basement. Idk if true b/c using a simple green screen can make it look like you’re anywhere you want.

My kids have one up in my Living Room. Technically, I could go do a video right now, & appear as if I’m floating around in Space. 😁

Anyhow, “Live from Fredo’s Basement” is what they want you to believe.

• FrankieZee says:

And that woman reporter from CNN as well. She was sick yesterday and is now over it. She got her results back in a day. I say BS.

• Zydeco says:

Fredo might not even be sick. He might be signed up with Deep State Productions

10. realeyecandy1 says:

Sandra Smith was so STUPID She got corrected by Kudlow SEVERAL times and he basically called her a DRAMA QUEEN

Fox has gone friggin shat hole

11. John says:

This is what it looks like when the decades-old globalist power structure cracks down on the western world when it tries to buck the system. This isn’t about a minor virus. It’s about power. Don’t forget that when it’s time to hit the polls – although, at this rate, I wonder if the globalists won’t push to close the polls altogether, or do it all through the mail so their useful idiots can throw out the votes they don’t want to see.

12. AloftWalt says:

The $1,000,000 question is….Did either Fredo or Baldwin get treated with HCQ+Z-pac+Zinc? Inquiring minds want to know?

• Reserved55 says:

Do they really have it?

• trnathens says:

guarantee they did, and guarantee PDJT was already taking it when he mentioned it at the presser, and has been taking it as a prophylactic.

Can I prove it? Nope, but PDJT loves to foreshadow, that’s why I love reading his transcripts. He uses throw-away lines to which no one pays attention, and then WHAM! two weeks later, a month later…”uh, looks like PDJT may have been right, but we can’t say it, cause then we’ll look even more stupid than we are, already…”

• booger71 says:

Do they have their own ventilators in their homes? If they do they better have a personal doctor on standby and a tech to adjust the ventilator.

13. slowcobra says:

I wouldn’t believe all the stupidity of the hysteria were it not for some of my own family responding that way. I find myself retreating only to keep my sanity.

14. M. B. Lamar says:

Best thing to do now is live right by God and pray respectfully and reverently, that his will be done and that you are ready for Him to use you as he has always planned. It can get much, much crazier than this. I think it will, and soon. God will protect His remnant.

1 Peter 5:10. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

15. Boots says:

It’s not nuts.

It’s a vile, evil plan from the black hearts of men and woman under direct influence of the prince of the power of the air, the serpent Satan.

Jesus warned there would be birthing pains long before the second birth, meaning His return.

Men will become more and more puffed up with pride, considering themselves gods unto their own devices.

This is only a little look into the cesspool of evil the world will become.

The enemy isn’t Dems, as much as they’re hated and reviled. They’re but pawns of our real enemy, Satan.

…..for though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage war according to the flesh…the weapons of our warfare are spiritual, not carnal…to the tearing down of strongholds….

Pray like your life depended on it. Because it surely does, and that of your family, and our country.

• 2Goldens says:

You’re so right–well said! So many great, uplifting and wise comments here!

(Ive tried to “like” them and others, but WordPress won’t let me. I’m new to this and not on social media, so maybe it’s me 🙂

16. Betty says:

I think only president trump can stop this runaway freight train. He needs to take command of the task force exclusively. No doubt Pence brought those two dr. To president Trump. No opposing opinions on something as critical as shutting a country’s economy down.

I think president Trump is feeling some heat though. He pushed back a little on de. b (can’t spell her last name) yesterday in the press conference. I hate to say it but maybe his base needs to start pushing to get this debacle corrected.

These people are out of control. Even going so far as suggesting men should shave all facial hair. And even couples should stay six feet apart when out for a walk. Not going to happen. I’m not social distancing from my husband.

• old45model says:

The stupidity of staying six feet or 4 feet apart when out and about seems to me to be at odds with the distance apart in a motor vehicle or within a household environment – or a couple in the marital bed.
      The illogical ‘logic’ used in so many prognostications leaves me wondering.

17. California Joe says:

I was kind of okay with the 15 day shutdown but President Trump lost me with completely insane extension to April 30th. When he started blabbering about the 2.2 million deaths from Coronavirus I knew that he had been drinking the Koolaid that Dr. Fauci and Brix had mixed up for him. Unfortunately, with Vice President Pence standing there holding the ridiculous 30 DAYS TO SLOW THE SPREAD sign I also realized that Pence had poured it in his glass! We are totally screwed. New York metropolitan area has 50% of the County’s Coronavirus deaths and not even 1% of the population.

• III% says:

I suspect civil disobedience will begin long before April 30th.

• linda4298 says:

Yep , his polls are falling, people are losing confidence, i don’t know if there is enough time to get us back before the election.

• slopoke1 says:

If voting my mail / proxy / internet etc. is allowed then it is game, set, match. Dems win forever. Amazing how close we are to loosing the country.

• ms doodlebug says:

We’re in more danger of running out of toilet tissue than we are of losing our country. It’s a good thing the wimps of today weren’t alive during the Great Depression.

• ms doodlebug says:

With over ten million out of work because of the doom and gloom, people are worried about paying their bills and having food on the dinner table. The empty shelves at the grocery, the really weird obsession with toilet tissue, and our economy being shut down by governors who seem intent on imprisoning everyone in their homes can be unnerving.

• coastermomohio says:

Yeah, we had just received our little “15 Days To Slow The Spread” card in the mail a few days earlier and now we have to toss it and wait for the new card.

18. Sue says:

We had to turn off Stu Varney this morning as he kept on and on about the “depression” we are in.
    We are now watching reruns of old westerns and sitcoms instead of the “news”.

• Kay says:

Varney is in New York. There’s no hope there. If he were in Bismark North Dakota where the governor hadn’t imprisoned him in his home 24/7, Varney would have a different outlook.
      And that’s what’s wrong with CNN/FOX/FoxBusiness/CNBC/Bloomberg – all based in NY, all insular and isolated in 4 walls – watching the same tv news shows – its a vicious cycle.
      Dread, doom, depression.
      They’re dragging the rest of the country with them.
      I wish the President would get rid of Fauci. And to that – How is it Fauci hasn’t caught this virus? He’s been all over the place?

19. JohnCasper says:

The Nation is going way lower, more than it went higher before
    Time there was MAGA and plenty, but that cup soon runneth no more
    Though we could not caution all, we still tried to warn a few
    Dont lend your hand to raise no flag atop no Ship of Fauci Fools

Ship of Fauci Fools on a delusional sea
    Ship of Fauci Fools sail away from we.
    It was later than we thought, when we still might have believed in you
    Now we can no longer accept your destruction, Ship of Fauci Fools

20. Akindole says:

I want all of these so-called celebrities to show us the tests.

21. dustahll says:

This whole mess will end very soon, my opinion. very

22. ejay says:

President Trump is in an impossible situation. None of the Federal plans can possibly put a dent in the damage to our country and to our work force. I have watched every minute of his daily press conferences. He has been a wonderful president. For the first time yesterday, I turned the press conference off. It was extremely boring because it was blather. Much talk of such hard work, no sleep, big programs, huge logistics, technology, federal mandates… but no mention at all of malaria medication. No commentary on data, how death statistics are being withheld, mis-reported, how the criteria was changed for covid-19 death reporting. Each HOUR this economy is shut down is causing irreparable damage.

23. Reserved55 says:

• Reserved55 says:

The SARS Coronavirus panic dropped the market 20% in March 2003, under Bush, and it came roaring back even higher by July. In other words, they’ve done this before to a Republican administration before an election

• And the Republican won!!… and he was a Bush. 😎🇺🇸 #TrumpLandslide

• thedoc00 says:

That is true but the media, democrat party and major investors were not actively trying to crash or resisting measures to get back on track at that point in time. Everybody temporarily buried the hatchet until things improved. Evens same occurred under Obama.

Major forces in this country are going scorched-earth no matter the damage or casualties for political as well as monetary gain.

Under normal conditions things would improve. We are now in unknown territory whereby major internal forces flat don’t care the level of damage they cause.

• linda4298 says:

But nothing closed up. We need a definite date for opening.

• Ninja7 says:

Linda, Sorry I may be beaten up here, Maybe not.🤔
          Need to see what the actual data is on the ground. How close are the models to the actual ground data.

Interesting that the woman Doctor yesterday said there weren’t any therapeutics currently available. Even though the third part cocktail has over 2300 doctors world wide say this is the best.

Interesting that Jared was looking at the model assumptions, the good doctors didn’t appear very happy yesterday.
          Today the woman Doctor was starting to rip the WHO, and Jim Ascosta?.. started interrupting her.

Also, an Oracle portal was opened where Doctors on the front lines can add information on what appears to be helping (the three part cocktail IMHO) This will give more data, forget double blind study. Not much money on 40 plus year old drugs.
          N.Y. City has a Hospital ship, 1000 beds, 3 or 15 patients, model stated much more.

Believe that PDJT, threw a huge monkey wrench into the next chapter of Orange Man Bad. When he closed the border from China. The seeding did not progress, as far as it should have. The model IMHO just assumed greater seeding, your overwhelming most if not all of society’s safety nets., disheartened masses, and panic.

Media is not helping, or maybe as people see how useless they are. The Globalist, 3M, much is being revealed.

There is more going on that we are not completely aware of. IMHO🤔🤔

• GB Bari says:

That was a year BEFORE the election. Bush was re-elected in Nov. 2004.

24. Reserved55 says:

25. Magabear says:

Well, at this point, a deep recession may be an improvement over the D word.

The dream of the AOC crowd may come to pass with us eating algea cakes and picking ticks off each other. You’ll wish you only got the wuhan virus then.

26. safvetblog says:

Caller to Rush today – he’s a small businessman. Applied yesterday via very simple form for an SBA loan – today received a request from the bank for ~15 pieces of additional documentation in order to get his money. Said it would take maybe weeks to gather, e.g. payroll records, employee IDs, other stuff he would not have at his fingertips. WTF is happening? Has anyone else heard anything about red tape getting in the way of the SBA loans?

27. slopoke1 says:

Cloward and Piven themselves could not have come up with a better way to bring the whole system down. Unfortunately I am left astonished at how effectively this has been deployed. Sigh.

28. Paul says:

Trumps pattern is always the same. He gives the enemy all the rope they need to hang themselves. We are getting closer to that inflection point. There is no crisis for healthy people. 99% of deaths are from old fat people who sit on their ass and eat too much. They already have a weak immune system.

Trillions of dollars is really trillions of pennies. The dollar as we knew it doesn’t exist anymore, it is just paper with a picture on it.

I just spent $19,500. to extend the power line 3900 feet to my new home. In 1970 that equates to $540. Who frigging cares about money anymore. The damage is already done.

As long as Americans innovate and work hard freely we are unstoppable because we are on the right side of things and we get a lot of help from above. We are told to tend to the garden and that is what we do and that is where our wealth is.

• Paul says:

Sweden and Brazil are not doing any social distance crap. So far their numbers are pretty close to ours. Trump see this truth. and the empty hospitals etc.

29. Duke says:

Hemmer is correct, with expanded consciousness that comes with fully embracing Christ message of love you simply become less benign to the world around you, including with pollution as new nuero pathways are formed, and brain hemispheres become sychronized, a new level of consciousness is achived and access to collective human consciousness is possible.

The issue we face cannot be solved by policy, only a spiritual awakening can save us.

30. “Meanwhile on CNN Chris Cuomo and Brooke Baldwin play the role of “influencers””
    La corona nostra.. this thing of theirs.

31. looseends660722553 says:

The Presidents statement on the progress of his cure was pretty good. Does anyone have a link or transcript to that blurb. No one followed with a question on that topic

32. wtd says:

Saudi Arabia denies withdrawing from OPEC+ deal, says Russia was the one that withdrew https://reut.rs/3bNJYm1