Well, well, well….  After the media went bananas trying to refute President Trump several weeks ago after he spoke optimistically about the potential for a malaria medication called chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine to be used to combat the coronavirus, today the FDA has approved its use.

WASHINGTON – The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday issued an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, decades-old malaria drugs championed by President Donald Trump for coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence.

The agency allowed for the drugs to be “donated to the Strategic National Stockpile to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible,” HHS said in a statement, announcing that Sandoz donated 30 million doses of hydroxychloroquine to the stockpile and Bayer donated 1 million doses of chloroquine.

The move was supported by the White House, part of a larger Trump-backed effort to speed the use of anti-malaria drugs as a potential therapy for a virus that has no proven treatment or cure. FDA already has allowed New York state to test administering the medication to seriously ill patients, and some hospitals have added it to their treatment protocols.

“Let’s see how it works,” Trump said at a press briefing on Sunday, referencing New York state’s efforts. “It may. It may not.”

[…] Three officials told POLITICO that FDA’s planned move would facilitate more access to the drug by allowing more manufacturers to produce or donate it.  (read more)

MAGA Bitches !

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Infectious Disease, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

498 Responses to FDA Issues Emergency Authorization for the Use of Hydroxychloroquine to Combat Coronavirus Effective Immediately…

1. MAGA BITCHES!!!

That’s what I’m talking about!!!

• Without insurance, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate 200mg 60 each is about $15-20; Z-pak is $9. Under Medicare, about $4 total. Trump in a landslide!

• Robert Smith says:

Excellent!

• President Trump needs to be very careful when he gives his press conferences. Today, he touched/adjusted the microphone in front of him at least 4 times after other people spoke. He also touched his nose and eyes with his fingers. He needs to be tested everyday, as “hands to face” causes 99% of infections. Pray for our President.

• Olivia Robbins says:

I pray for him every day and for his family, as well. I saw what you just described and am worried about that as well as the torture he puts himself through by allowing the aggressive press to question him mercilessly. If I were his doctor, I would advise him to conduct the briefings without the press. It is not good for his mental or physical health.

I am sure that the people who love him and appreciate him and are proud that he’s our President are feeling so bad for what he has to endure needlessly. Today, Sunday, March 29, it was a Question and Accusation session. For the good of this whole hurting country, why are we having to be subjected to this agony? More important, why does he?

• disgustedwithjulison says:

Don’t think for a second he isn’t on hydroxychloriquine as a prophylactic. Hell, even Fauci said that he would recommend Dr.’s use it on a serious case. I bet they are all on it.

• Remington says:

99% of the disease is caused by face touching? I’m surprised if ain’t dead yet. I have to assume the other 1% is caused by…pants On the ground.

How do you not love PDJT. ‘..I feel happy, oh so happy…’

• MelH says:

All those people on the stage are standing shoulder to shoulder and the press is watching….CRAZY! On the Up side, the East Bay Times (near Pelosi) published the first word for Trump ever seen in that newspaper, touting his smarts ad wondering why he is alone in reaching excellent conclusions.

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

Its not just President Trump. Its really hard not touching one’s face. Most of us touch our faces and don’t even know it. I heard of a test done to doctors attending a lecture about the importance of keeping the hands away from the face. Unknown to the doctors the doorknob was treated with some kind of luminescence and everyone had to touch the doorknob to enter the room. At the end of the lecture instead of turning on the house lights the turned on UV lights. It was like a freak show as everyone in the room had spots all over their faces and body. Everywhere they’d touched. It was used to show how we touch our faces all the time without even thinking about it.
          I am more conscious of it myself now and I am amazed how many times I find my hands at my face.

• Rynn69 says:

Marka3: I saw that, too. I hope someone is close by watching to remind him. We love him and want him to be safe. Praying.

• dallasdan says:

And…the President smacks-down Fauci and his Big Pharma cabal. Tony got run-over because he wouldn’t get out of the way.

• boomerbeth says:

Ins is picking up copays.

• hocuspocus13 says:

To all those Governors…
      🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
      I guess eating CROW wasn’t the CURE

• Bill Durham says:

Okay I freaked out in the earlier thread. I believe I know what POTUS is doing.
      2 he pushes the chloroquine cure. He wins
      3 he pushes out 2 weeks. He wins. Under promise over deliver
      4 his name is on the checks. He wins.

I was not happy with 2 million deaths and 2 more weeks, but I see the moves. An extra 2 weeks doesn’t matter either way. It is what it is. He gets more time to roll out the cure. He wants the people to demand back to work. He can rise to the occasion. He appears prudent. He listens to experts. Impeachment is off the table. Biden is irrelevant. Cuomo is now unhinged. Questions about Cuomo surface. He isolates Fauci. He now can claim he saved millions of people. Here is the biggie. He destroys the media and all the critics. Now for the economy. If he is viewed as the man of the hour people may get encouraged. That is the only thing that can get you out of a recession. The belief that it’s over. I think Trump was given a really bad hand. But I can almost see where he is trying to move this. I think he won a war of attrition with newsome and Cuomo. They thought Trump would do something rash to protect his economy. He won’t. He pivoted to wartime president. That was not expected. Now New Yorkers are getting pissed at Cuomo. Florida hates them. Michigan hates it’s governor. This crap may have backfired. Trump may think with a fast Chloroquine vaccine. The 2 month shut down won’t take long to bounce back. And he may make a modern monetary theory play.

• Jim says:

awesome post – well reasoned. makes my day, and i spent much of the day depressed. thanks

• MAGADJT says:

How many posts like these have we seen since January 2016. “I freaked out and I shouldn’t have.” “I doubted POTUS and I was wrong.” People need to get control of their emotions and quit thinking that they know better than POTUS. You’d think that after all the available evidence, this wouldn’t be an issue.

• I attribute it to Battered Conservative Syndrome

• Jim says:

Not battered, but more frustrated with the sense that all the hysteria is overwhelming even the great DJT. I firmly believe that C19 will be no worse than the ordinary flu – and certainly a lot less of a public health risk than H1N1 ever was in 2009. I don’t remember the never ending body counts, calls for shutting down the economy for months, the non-stop press coverage, etc, when the “Anointed One” was in the White House.

Now it seems the hysteria is like a runaway train – nothing is stopping it. 2.2T in more spending and debt. Millions losing their jobs. Huge numbers of people losing their life savings. Trillions in lost wealth. Why? For something that in the end will kill far fewer in this country than the ordinary flu.

This is economic suicide – akin to blood letting a patient to death in response to having a minor alignment that would go away on its own. To me, none of this would be happening if Obama was in the White House. But with the bad orange man as the occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, the press is working 24/7 to destroy this president, the welfare of the people of this country be damned. And based on the pathetic response of so many people, the 24/7 hysteria seems to be working.

Don’t get me wrong C 19 is a public health issue. But the response is so out of proportion. The young and healthy need to be out working or at school. The elderly and those with existing health conditions need to take precautions. But America needs to be working as normal. A couple of generations ago, we stormed the beaches of Normandy to defeat the Nazis. Now we cower in fear, locked in our houses.

I agree with Bill Durham’s post and DJT may just pull a rabbit out of his hat with Chloroquine. If this stuff works on a grand scale, the bad orange man can parade around as the all conquering hero.

But I fear what this episode has done to this country. Do we really want the federal government spending trillions in a free market economy? Is it okay for state governments to shut people in their houses? What happens when a truly deadly virus comes along, or worse yet, a bio weapon?

So I do not feel like I am a battered conservative – just a sober opinion of where we stand as a nation and I’m not all that optimistic at the moment, in spite of DJT potentially pulling of a most spectacular political victory if this Chloroquine works as so far advertised. We’ll see.

• WRB says:

But the response is so out of proportion.

Unless it isn’t.

When people meet up with something they have never encountered before, their intuitions and beliefs about the situation are probably wrong. A lot of posts here illustrate that point.

The statistics on the how fast the Wuhan virus spreads, and how often someone succumbs indicate that we will have a problem. Mitigation and therapeutic drugs can lessen the problem.

We shall know soon enough how bad this might get, because modeling predicts cases in New York state peaking in nine days. The prediction is over 2000 deaths in New York state by April 2nd, and 8000 by April 11. If we see those numbers, even the face of extraordinary measures, then we can believe the model.

In other words, it is more probable than not that the efforts taken are not “out of proportion,” but we will know soon enough, one way or the other.

• frankmystery says:

Please understand this is alot different then many other subjects we’re all sensitive to. This is our literal livelihood at stake to many so we need to be understanding and less harsh. As free thinkers and conservatives we should be look at everything in play, even potus, and question accordingly. If we ask everyone to blindly follow we will be blind. I’m thankful for anyone vigilant enough to check our own six. That being said I’ve no doubt our President will be stronger than ever at the conclusion of this mess!

• ZC says:

You ain’t kidding, man. I’m still talking my friends off the ledge just because there haven’t been any “indictments of coup plotters, etc etc blah blah blah”. Average Joe is armchair quarterbacking everything he does and it’s just silly. He’s a very stable genius.

• Garavaglia says:

Excellent thoughts.

• TwoLaine says:

I missed the freakout. Can you repost please?

• Despicable Me says:

BD – When I read your earlier post I felt and understood (not saying I agreed with) your frustration at the seemingly futile battles (of which COVID19 is but one) to which POTUS and all of us to some extent are engaged (subjected to in some cases) whether willingly or unwillingly. I said a prayer for you and everyone else who might be feeling the same way that true perspective and proper sense would prevail. These are trying times and COVID19 and its treatment are not really a societal fissure but merely exposing once again the most consequential societal fissure (the elephant in the room) which is that between proponents and lovers of life and proponents and lovers of death. Take care of yourself and don’t let yourself get too HALT (Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired).

• dawg says:

“1 he pushes the potential death number to 2 million— when the real number is a flu season number, he wins.”

“He now can claim he saved millions of people.”

Yes, yes yes, after initially freaking that he was giving that 2 million number any credence, then thinking about it for a while, this is the conclusion that I came to as well, late last night/early this morning.

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

I made the decision early on that I would trust our VSG. I knew instinctively that he would put the country first and that he would not do anything harsh. I also knew his great faith in this country and its citizens meant he would operate with the confidence that our economy would make a comeback. He knows the pain businesses are feeling right now but most importantly he knows our enemy – the very fake news drive by hysterical media and the demonrat party – he knows their operating principle – “never let a good crisis go to waste”. He will not let them lay waste this country but he is a strategic thinker unlike our enemies who think and act on pure evil and hatred.

We will win this one too. Our enemies don’t want it. Our President believes it and knows it.

• Rhoda R says:

Even better, the chloroquine isn’t a vaccine, it’s a tablet. And it may actually be useful against other virus infections as well – a useful area for research. A h*ll of a lot more useful that the AGW research we’ve been wasting our tax dollars on.

• 4sure says:

Praise the LORD. God is great!!

This never would have happened w/o President Trump. He with the help of God who is watching over him has just saved thousands and thousands of lives in America.

Start carving that smiling face on Mt Rushmore. Can we rename it. Mt. Trump?

So many commies and fake news Trump haters are now eating crow. Hope they choke on it. Forgive me. Lord. Hope they choke just a little. Just enough to scare the crap out of ’em.

Just think how many people now have hope of this virus not being a death sentence if one contracts it. And I bet the results are going to be astronomical.

And In spite of all the efforts by the fake news, governors, Dr. Fauchi, Our fearless leader never wavered on his support of getting this drug in use for this chi com virus.

I would say I’m speechless, but obviously I’m not.

• amazed treetop downlooker says:

How bout : VSGPDJT’S SMILING face on the side of Devil’s Tower …AND RENAME IT….

TOWERING TRUMP’S TOWER ?!!!

YA got a better idea, let’s hear…more posters here are WAY smarter/more clever/informed/creative than me, from what I read here…I’m just SO GRATEFUL to have discovered Treeperville …AND I M M E N S E L Y. grateful for our lionhearted servant leader extraordinaire, VSGDJT, THANK GOD for him !!!

✝️🙏🇺🇸🙏🇺🇸🙏🇺🇸

• Suzebeez says:

I say we give him his own mountain.

• andre says:

Let’s continue to pray for the President, VP, and their families daily, and for wisdom to them and their advisors. Let’s pray for the grace and mercy of God on this nation and that it will fulfill its divine destiny. Let’s bind the spirits of fear, lawlessness, deception, abortion destruction, division. Let’s pray for repentance and revival.

2. frankmystery says:

Winning! Big Pharma is punching a wall right now!

3. dufrst says:

Hahaha! Thank God for our great President! I despise Fauci and I was sorely disappointed in Dr. Birx today, but our VSG is indefatigable! I am encouraged now because our VSG just won’t fully hand the globalist what they want. I pray this goes through all the land and stops this virus spread in it’s track over the next weeks to hand us a major victory. MAGA!

• Alexander Joseph Dubois says:

To my fellow Patriot and Trump Supporter like myself, I was at work and was unable to see today’s press conference briefing, but can you please expand on what you meant by being “sorely disappointed by Dr. Birx today?? Has she turned on our President after the media went after her head? I hate the mainstream media because they want everyone to hate our President, First Lady, his family and MAGA members of the administration.

I too detest Fauci as his only loyalty is to Hillary Clinton and I personally feel part of the deep state. Why do I think like this for Fauci? The media will kiss the butt of Fauci and constantly moan and groan just to create friction and lies of Fauci being mistreated by our President when I care and support our President; not the human waste and idiot called Fauci who is just another scumbag Democrat.

• dufrst says:

Unfortunately, Dr. Birx resorted today to fear mongering about the disease “models” that a couple of days ago she was suggesting was way off base and not reflecting the actual numbers coming in.

So, yes, she essentially bowed to the pressure and put the President in a position to err on the side of caution.

• WRB says:

This sounds like CNN reporting. She said that over the week-end, she (and I assume gov’t specialists) reviewed the numbers gathered, and developed estimates on the number of cases, and deaths. She then said that the IHME independently (see http://www.healthdata.org/research-article/forecasting-covid-19-impact-hospital-bed-days-icu-days-ventilator-days-and-deaths) arrived at similar numbers.

These people are doing their job, and it is superstition and ignorance to think they are “fear-mongering.” And unlike the punditry of the political class (whose predictions and opinions are worthless), they should be given credence.

• dufrst says:

no, she flipped big time after saying the models were not tracking with reality. She got push back and now she’s 360 degrees in the extreme now, saying if we do everything perfectly, it will be about 100-200K in deaths? Huh? so what does that tell you about what’s coming Apr 30th? She’s deep state

• dufrst says:

BTW, that model, I am following too and it’s already wrong. Yesterday’s deaths didn’t comport to model. Also, that model is forecasting 81K deaths. So what is Dr. Birx saying about 100-200K deaths if we do things perfectly??

• jebg46 says:

In just a few days we will know more about the accuracy of the models they used to make this decision. We can hope that they way over estimated their predictions so the President will be able to adjust to the new realities and begin the slow rollout of opening the economy.

• boomerbeth says:

She’s a broken record & ran out of gas, She needs to go home

• Miguel Suradevi says:

After iwatching Rudy’s interview of Dr. Zelensky and when watching the task force on TV later I kept yelling for a question about chloroquine but none came. Those two task force doctors are so depressing. But, now there is hope that this combination of approved medicines will turn the tide.

4. free2313 says:

DONALD JOHN TRUMP IS THE MAN IN THE ARENA described by THEODORE ROOSEVELT!

THE MAN IN THE ARENA
    “It is not the critic who counts;
    not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles,
    or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena,
    whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood;
    who strives valiantly; . . . who errs, who comes short again and again,
    because there is no effort without error and shortcoming
    but who does actually strive to do the deeds,
    who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions
    who spend himself in a worthy cause,
    who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement,
    and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly,
    so that his place shall never be with those cold
    and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

5. PVCDroid says:

The media and Dems are so mentally that we should use funds to have them all committed.

6. Kimmy K says:

Thank you Jesus!
    So happy, prayers answered!
    Now, hopefully Witchmer won’t be able to block it’s usage!!!

7. yadent says:

This needs to override the idiotic edicts in NV, and MI. This medication cocktail needs to be given to at risk patients BEFORE they need hospitalization. We need to keep patients OUT OF THE HOSPITAL. The improved chances for survival demands it…….

• romy911 says:

The majority of doctors do care about their patients and want the best outcome for them. They want to keep their patients out of the hospital. I believe they will prescribe it to outpatients. Hopefully there will be enough supply for local pharmacies.
      Many antibiotics and are prescribed “off label.”

• frankmystery says:

EXACTLY I go crazy reading the recommendations from my state. They basically want you to be dying BEFORE they’ll even test you or allow you near the hospital. The studies in this drug clearly could prevent the drastic measures before needing the ventilator.

• In Az says:

I spoke to my cousin tonight. Three weeks ago she had a flu like illness but because she did not have all the symptoms of Covid-19 she was refused testing. She said she was miserable. Yesterday she woke up with a sore throat, low grade fever and runny nose. She did not go to work yesterday or today. She thinks she had Covid-19 three weeks ago. She is a RN…..for 35 years.
        She works at a hospital and a RN from her unit was hospitalized with Covid-19 and the husband of the RN is hospitalized with Covid-19. The RN recovered but the husband is not doing well.

• Beau Geste says:

now he can receive HCQ, if it is not too late !!! otherwise, she should sue for negligence/malpractice.
          (introducing the clear next-meme of malpractice for dem doctors who fail to prescribe because they want the crisis to continue, because they, hope to hurt PDJT)

8. Landslide says:

Halleluia!!!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

9. Guffman says:

POTUS; “Let’s see what happens… I’ve been right a lot!”

• Jason says:

FDA giving Americans false hope. News orgs now push to censor FDA releases for pushing ‘fake news’. 😉

• Beau Geste says:

but, but, but, PDJT isn’t as smart as hillary’s lover Dr. falsie, and should not concern himself with ‘anecdotal’ successes of doctors in other countries. /s

10. MWatson says:

So now what happens to states that have outlawed it’s use? Nevada’s governor banned it’s prescription.

11. larry outlaw says:

SWEET!

12. TFred says:

The manifestation of the very early quip, “He could cure cancer and they would attack him for puting oncologist out of business.”

13. Chip Doctor says:

PT has accomplished several things with his announcement tonight of extending the self quarantine model. He has left Fauci and Birx out on a wire, he has kicked the media in the nuts and he has proven himself a strong leader that gives hope to a hurting and scared nation. When everyone was poo pooing him over his excitement about this “game changer” he was planning his burial of the virus along with the evil liars in the media and bureaucratic medical community. People are not going to forget that PT championed this while being called all sorts of names. Can’t wait for Tuesday or Wednesday.

14. Praise God and Praise Trump. It will be over soon!

15. rckymtn says:

good news.

I just wish this was done sooner as this likely won’t help our friend who is not expected to make it through the night from the virus. He is early 80’s but traveled recently (why?). He was in very good health and still very active. Its a shame he is one of us and a big Trump fan. He and I would often discuss politics and we were always on the same page. Tested pos on Thurs his vitals were good so they sent him home…Friday AM his family called 911 and has been battling since then. Today took a turn for the worse. I just feel awful for his family and the fact he is all alone right now.

We also had a 47 yr old man pass this weekend in our town….talk is no underlying health conditions either.

I believe the virus is a legit threat however the hysteria is as well. It should also be known he used a cpap machine so we are wondering if that helped get the virus further into his lungs.

I can’t stress this enough make sure the people you know are taking this seriously. My dad is a major risk early 80’s, lung cancer two times etc. You always think it won’t you but the elderly need to treat this like a death sentence if they get it. This guy was in very good shape and it wiped him out.

16. Mark says:

I would wager large that this remedy will render large benefit.

• ezpz2 says:

Mark, ‘I would wager’ that it already has. In fact, it’s not a wager; many doctors have attested to the efficacy of this protocol.

Sadly, the media won’t report on the successes cuz Orange Man Very Very Bad….

17. ZurichMike says:

All of this could be same for the common cold or seasonal flu, which can also (1) kill the elderly, (2) kill those with underlying medical issues, and (3) incapacitate normally healthy people for 2 weeks.

18. ZurichMike says:

Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) was approved to treat malaria and Lupus (it’s “label” indications), not COVID-19. This FDA ruling now allows doctors to legally prescribe this medicine without running afoul of laws that prohibit prescribing medicine for unapproved (“off lablel”) uses.

• ezpz2 says:

Off label use is perfectly legal, especially on an FDA approved drug that’s been used for about 70 years!

I’m linking to my comment from the presser thread, not because I think *I* am important, but because IT is important information:

• ZurichMike says:

You are right. But pharma companies cannot promote off-label use; ramping up production for HCQ under the pretense of fighting malaria/Lupus when in fact it was for COVID-19 would be illegal.

• ezpz2 says:

I should add that the only hurdle was that the insurance company didn’t want to cover the off label use, so my doctor wrote a letter and voila! They covered it.

• SHV says:

Off label prescribing is legal; for the prescriber the possible downside is increased liability risk or if the off label is too crazy, problems with the state medical board.
      From a .gov site:
      “Off-label prescribing is when a physician gives you a drug that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved to treat a condition different than your condition. This practice is legal and common. In fact, one in five prescriptions written today are for off-label use.”

• cantcforest says:

ZM, I’m pretty steamed that 1) it took the FDA more than a week to issue a letter authorizing “off label” use of this drug after PDJT ordered it, and 2) for the order applying to those hospitalized. I don’t know how many COVID-19 carriers died over that week+ period, but that same number of FDA slime balls at the top need to be charged with public endangerment at least. Maybe manslaughter. Maybe…never mind.
      Oh, include some governors with those charged.

19. the large Pharma companies are 100% against any cheap cure that works. They try to stop anything that they cannot make billions on. For big Pharma it is all about money and in the past they have a number of times blocked other cures costing little to treat conditions and diseases. In fact at home I already have a stockpile of several good possible cures for this that have been 100% banned in the USA. I have to get from other countries because big Pharma and FDA ran them out of the USA.

Big Pharma also control a number of politicians. So who controls Mi and NV governors? Pharma most likely, or they are just that stupid in their leftist cult beliefs.

So this $20 maybe pretty effective treatment cuts big Pharma out of Billions of future profits whenever they can make a vaccine or other very high or overpriced treatment. Big Pharmas like most large companies are very corrupt and incompetent in moving fast with anything.

• Harvey Lipschitz says:

Big Pharma. They gamble 500 million dollars for their next big winner. No money in this.

Now 50,000 patients survive, those that live will spend a few million over the next 15 years.

Dead people do not buy any drugs.

• Stillwater says:

I have read about the NIH purposely pretending to be interested in testing alternative cancer cures that had been show to be effective, then purposely sabotaging the study by not following the originating doctor’s cancer treatment protocol, thereby putting the test subjects lives at risk so that they couldn’t survive.

• Maurene Hillen says:

In the case of Half Whit, her father, Richard Whitmer, was president and CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan between 1988 and 2006.

20. King Arthur says:

Perhaps why the extension today and the statement by Novartis CEO. Something is cooking and President Trump may have the inside track. If this works, he’s seeing around corners (Again!) and got the suburban mom crowd on board as a great protector.

Still worried about the small businesses and employees though but I guess life goes on.

• gda53 says:

In the end those small businesses with business acumen will most likely survive thanks to the fact that PDJT recognized their value to the overall economy and has had Mnuchin plan the best way in which to help them via the $2.2T rescue bill.

Those who cannot keep their small business alive until April 30, with all the help this bill offers, are probably better off as employees when the economy comes roaring back, and their businesses probably would not have survived in the long run anyway.

Keep your eye on the actual daily results versus those in the current predictions as shown at https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Hope that new data other factors, including HCQ, bend it further below it’s current projected path.

21. SHV says:

PDJT also kicked the FDA’s ass over the delay in approving the Ohio company method for decontaminating and reusing N95 masks. The FDA has been dragging out the approval for 4 years. The FDA had given approval for 10,000 per day but no more. The issue was if the process was good for 10,000 then it is good for a million or more or it’s not good for any. Approved for unlimited today. If it wasn’t for PDJT, nothing would have happened.

• Mo says:

Cool read an article yesterday abt. the ability to do 10,000 per day. Do you have a link for the Unlimited approval of today that you mention?

22. JohnCasper says:

Oh this is terrible! We can not do this! We must have at least 5 years of double blind testing in which neither the participants nor the experimenters know who is receiving a particular treatment.. This is going to send the world’s greatest scientist and doctor into cardiac arrest. Or he may resign and then where would we be ?

And we must be sure all 57 genders are represented. We also must not violate any passages in the Holy Qur’an. Certainly males should be given preference as otherwise it would be insulting the Prophet.

• SHV says:

“Oh this is terrible! We can not do this! We must have at least 5 years of double blind testing….”
      *****
      There is some benefit to that attitude, poorly, incompletely tested meds can do a lot of harm, ie. Cutter labs polio vaccine, thalidomide, Fen-Phen, Vioxx, etc. However, for gov’t bureaucrats it’s all about “process” and not results. The Hydroxychloroquine zpac is a risk benefit situation. The drugs are well known and there is enough evidence that the combo maybe useful. Even if a year later, the treatment isn’t as good as we hope, the downside for trying is low. If both drugs were in early Phase II trials that would be a different situation, where risks could be very high. Fortunately, PDJT knows how to evaluate risk/benefit and is not afraid to make decisions.

23. ezpz2 says:

Hallelujah!

I hope they also extend its use as a prophylaxis for health care workers, as it’s been shown very effective for that as well. Laura Ingraham had a doctor on her show this week who was treating C-19 patients, and said that he and his family had taken the hydroxychloroquine for prophylactic purposes, and so far, so good.

Plus, one of my daughters is a nurse who works in a hospital.

• ezpz2 says:

Actually, that doctor I was referring to may have been on Tucker’s show, not Laura’s.

• amwick says:

I was watching that when it happened.. Tucker didn’t even notice because the doctor called it by the generic name.. Plaquenil… For a while you could buy it online.. from Europe or Canada, legally they claimed…. same with the zpack….

• ezpz2 says:

Yes, that’s what made me remember that it was Tucker’s show. The word ‘Plaquenil’ suddenly echoed in my head, and as you said, I also recalled that Tucker didn’t catch it right away.
          His producer informed him in his ear, so to speak.

Wow, didn’t you could once buy it sans an Rx. These days, it probably goes for more than heroin on the black market.

• amwick says:

I saw websites that claimed it was legal.. I don’t know,, but that is what they said… it disappeared really quickly… Hopefully hospitals can get it for the most sick people..

• ezpz2 says:

And now that I looked at your linked twitter feed, maybe it was you who informed Tucker’s producers. 👍👍

Thank you.

• Rhoda R says:

While they are at it, they should also approve its use as a prophylactic to high risk people as well – line seniors and other people with several chronic conditions.

24. stats_guy says:

Here’s one thing that Pharma is doing:

Novartis Chief Executive Vas Narasimhan said his Sandoz generics unit’s malaria, lupus and arthritis drug hydroxychloroquine is the company’s biggest hope against the coronavirus, Swiss newspaper SonntagsZeitung reported on Sunday.

Novartis has pledged to donate 130 million doses and is supporting clinical trials needed before the medicine, which U.S. President Donald Trump also has been promoting, can be approved for use against the coronavirus.

Other companies including Bayer and Teva have also agreed to donate hydroxychloroquine or similar drugs, while Gilead Sciences is testing its experimental drug remdesivir against coronavirus.

“Pre-clinical studies in animals as well as the first data from clinical studies show that hydroxychloroquine kills the coronavirus,” Narasimhan told the newspaper. “We’re working with Swiss hospitals on possible treatment protocols for the clinical use of the drug, but it’s too early to say anything definitively.”

And this from WSJ op/ed, not paywalled:

Note the comments from the rabid left.

BTW, its a good time to note that many on the Left are deluded by scientism, excessive belief in the power of scientific knowledge and techniques. Obviously I’m not going to knock the scientific method, nor the helpfulness of clinical studies to ID the best intervention strategies and doses, but please, I think we can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Like the good French Dr. who did the informal study, lots of clinicians believe in first do no harm…they are trying to help their patients on a case by case basis. And, btw, clinical studies are sometimes shut down if a treatment group is doing so well that it become unethical to withhold treatment from the control group.

Let’s hope the whack-job leftist lose this one big time

• nats1mom says:

YES! “…hope the whack job leftist lose this one big time…” YES!!!

• JJMP2 says:

stats_guy – “scientism”? – perhaps a hat tip to Michael Crichton and his novel “State of Fear”? I pray that these drugs work to heal the nation and the world!

• Mo says:

Very informative 15 ish minute interview with the author of the WSJ article you linked begins 7:45 ish minute mark.

• John Good says:

When I was in University in the late 70’s, most of the Liberals Loons were in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Artsie Fartsie Studies, etc. In other words, the type of University Degrees that real-world companies were not looking for!

Dave A., one of my roommates was in “Poly Sci” & was in a University Debate Club. I asked him one day, “What are you going to do with a Phd in Political Science”? He said that he wanted to stay in University forever!

IMO, the reason why the Left tries to force “idiotic scams” like the New Green Deal, Global-Warming, Electric Cars, Tree-Hugging, LGBTQ, etc. is because they don’t understand Science & Physics, don’t want to & just want to control the rest of us, but are too stupid to realize that the rest of us don’t want Gov’t Control of everything in our lives.

25. RedBallExpress says:

My dad had terrible trouble with leg cramps and climbing tall 70′ silos with 2′ spaced steps would also give me unbearable cramps at night. The old man gave me some quinine sulfate capsules (which is one of the first anti-malaria drugs and somewhat related to Hydroxychloroquine) and the cramps would end in less than a minute. God what a relief!

Of course today it is outlawed in the U.S. but it is available with prescription in Canada. There are risks taking it but when a victim, especially an invalid, gets leg cramps they really doesn’t care what they are. Much of the medical establishment scoffs at the effectiveness.

It is also interesting that throughout history the U.S. military (notably Chester Puller) had an impossible time getting Doctors to prescribe heavy enough doses of quinine sulfate to wipe out malaria instead of constant recurrences.

26. trapper says:

If this drug combined with Zpac is as effective at treating patients ill with the virus as that French doctor claims, we should begin to hear some time this week about early results out of the New York test. If it is as effective as claimed, curing people in a few days, I expect the test will be suspended and FDA will go right to approval for treatment of all who test positive. I believe I saw something about American companies ramping up production, and PDJT has the power to order them to shut down everything else and produce these two drugs until he tells them to stop.

All eyes on the New York test.

I believe that sound we hear is the cavalry mounting up.

27. Tom Quinn says:

The Deep State hates this. The power of the FDA to approve drugs has a breech I the wall. First of many I hope.

28. shevee says:

YUUUGE WIN for everyone except libtards who love to capitalize on chaos and panic.

29. suburbanwoman says:

PT takes such good care of all of us that I feel like calling him Dad.

30. shortcoach says:

Someone needs to tell Michigan’s Gov. Whitmer, please. And while you’re in touch with her, ask her whose idea it was to threaten the Drs. and Pharmacists with loss of licenses if they prescribed or administered it.

31. chojun says:

Lol that Political article dumped all over this decision. This is a totally crazy hissy-fit that liberals are throwing – inexplicably – with regard to the use of hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of this disease.

32. Monadnock says:

Hellooooooooooo, re-election, PDJT!

MAGAA!!!!!!!!

33. akearn says:

FANTASTIC news!!!! Upon hearing about the effectiveness of “quinine” some days ago, and after reading some wise Treehouser comments, I bought up a few extra bottles of tonic for my gin n tonics. Lo and behold, yesterday at my grocery store in Oklahoma City, the tonic section was cleaned out. Someone got the memo. Silly, I know … I guess some of us must think a bit of quinine, like the Brits took in India to prevent malaria, might help today. Who knows?

34. free2313 says:

As Trump implied, once Americans begin to coalesce together as a whole, a wonderful esprit de corps sinks into each American heart, and psyche and then permeates the country to Make America Healthy Again, !

35. JohnCasper says:

I think it’s safe to say that if DJT had followed Fauci’s lead (he said in a very dismissive way it’s just anecdotal), that we would not be doing this good thing now, if ever. Just showing yet again that ability trumps credentials.

36. A2 says:

Hydroxychloroquine and Its cousin chloroquine were used to treat SARS patients in Hong Kong in 2008.

From Late January until today there are only four deaths from Covid19.

37. Will J. says:

So what does this mean for Nevada and Michigan where it has been blocked?

38. US says:

Hydroxy-Chloroquine and wear face masks outside à la Japonaise and this pest will go away in no time. What do you have to lose? Trump is a genius.

39. 3d says:

The Abbott 10 minute test and HC+ Z will be the game changer. This summer will be boom times again. The vaccine will be speeded up and be ready before end of year. Only this President could have done this. The Lord’s providence is visible to those that see.

• trapper says:

Amen! But I expect a vaccine in Trump time, by the end of October. Ahead of schedule. Under budget.

• DiogeneseVindicated says:

If HCQ is a cure, why not avoid vaccination and allow heard immunity to take hold? This is why big vaccine pharma has not pursued HCQ as an apparently simpler more elegant solution.

• WRB says:

I expect a vaccine in Trump time, by the end of October

I hope so, but ethics requires you do thorough testing before giving a treatment to hundreds of millions of people.

Without the thorough testing for safety, there is an outside chance things could go horribly wrong.

40. Judith says:

Another treeper shared this video recently. I hope more doctors see it. Dr Vladimir Zelensky explains how hydroxychloroquine COMBINED WITH ZINC has been shown to block the virus from replicating in the lung tissue of high risk patients. When prescribed BEFORE hospitalization, *none* of the patients has developed ARDS or required ventilators. So why wait?

In other words, ICU’s are already treating patients with this regimen, but to limited success. Some 50 percent succuumb to ARDS anyway, because their lungs have already been destroyed *before* treatment was initiated.

Please don’t wait until patients are already hospitalized. Those at highest risk should be offered this drug combination immediately, to stop the *progression* of COVID-19 to Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.

Dr Zelensky has surmised, in some 699 patients to date, that Hydroxychloroquine serves as a vehicle, allowing the ZINC to enter cells, which stops the virus from replicating to destroy lung tissue. It disrupts that replication process *before* ARDS can take hold, which reduces viral load.

Azithromycin is added to treat opportunistic “bacterial” infections that may arise due to compromised immunity. This has no direct impact, however, on the Coronavirus itself.

ZINC is the real game changer, when introduced to lung cells via hydroxychloroquine. Zinc alone cannot cross the barrier into the cells in the quantities needed to destroy the virus.

• fred5678 says:

5 day regimen.
      And from memory: (I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on TV)
      200 mg hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) daily
      200 mg zinc sulfate daily
      standard 5 day Z-Pak

The ZINC is the KEY!!
      The zinc has to get inside the cell to defeat the virus replication process.
      hydroxychloroquine provides the “channel” on the surface of the cell so the zinc can enter the cell (without the Plaquenill) zinc cannot easily enter the cell and would be ineffective.
      The Z-Pak is to prevent bacterial infections when the body is weak from virus attack.

Watch the video to confirm all this.

My niece is already on Plaquenil for existing syndrome — all she has to add is the zinc and Z-Pak.

Note — video says ENTIRE 5 day combo is $20, therefore suitable for immediate NATION-wide use!!

LET’S GET BACK TO WORK — safely.

• Catherine says:

Correction…the doctor’s name is Zelenko.

• Judith says:

It’s Dr Zelenko, not Zelensky. Sorry!

• spoogels says:

Can you believe that one of the Main Slime Media interviewed and then BERATED Dr Zelenko for his ‘dirty beard”?

Dr Zelenko is an orthodox Jew in NY and works with the Hasidic Community
      Rudy knows them well.
      I have another suspicion re connections to this Dr via Ivanka and her husband but thats for another time
      Zelenko said he sent this to Trump and to Bibi Netanyahu

• hugofitch1 says:

No doubt CTH’s resident foaming-at-the-mouth hater of Ashkenazi Jews, Bullshit Durham, was nodding along in agreement with the interviewer. As for me, I say THANK YOU, Dr. Epic Beard & Yarmulke guy!

• Hoosier says:

Most zinc is not bioavailable. I saw a study showing that almost all zinc supplements did not increase blood zinc levels nor zinc in hair. Gluconate, the ferric stuff, etc. The only form that boosted blood and hair levels was zinc picolinate. There are many brands and the stuff is relatively cheap. Online it is pretty much sold out. I dont know if this form of zinc passes through cell walls more easily than the other forms but hair is formed by three types of cells which rapidly divide and push out, kerantinize, and form the three layers of hair shafts. Increased zinc in hair implies it does pass cell walls. I am supplementing with zinc picolinate.

A study by the British health service studied D3 and pulmonary infections. Daily supplementation in a trial of 12,000 participants showed a +/-20% decrease in non-deficient and +/-70% decrease in deficient subjects of incidence/severity. Being the sun vitamin, many people are deficient in the winter. The dosage was the same as the D3 dosage found in Caltrate. I am taking Caltrate.

Zinc apparently interferes with the viruses ability to hijack cell machinery to replicate itself and D3 is critical for cell wall integrity and repair. I see no downside in taking these supplements. I will likely permanently supplement both even when this is over. I see no reason this regiment could not help with colds and flu as well.

• azgulch says:

Thank you Judith. No one up until you was mentioning the zinc. Problem is, I can’t find zinc on Amazon, or any of the websites since listening to him.

41. Magabear says:

And demonrats everywhere scream “damn that bad orange man, we need more dead bodies and he won’t let it happen!”.

42. Beth02 says:

Folks, this drug is not a wonder drug. It’s a therapy bridge to manage the virus so it doesn’t develop in RDA. I encourage you all to take a look at Rudi’s podcast interview of the NY MD who had much success with this treatment. This is the therapy he uses for his at-risk patients. I was surprised when he said that it does not stop the patients from having symptoms. It stops the virus from advancing to the respiratory distress. His practice model was really brilliant – but it’s not a silver bullet. That said, his strategy of treating to keep the vulnerable from the ER’s is great. This podcast is completely worth the watch. Very informative – and if you are an MD, than more so.

• Judith says:

Beth look above. I just posted that podcast, which another treeper (freepetta?) had posted here recently. We really need more doctors eyes on it.

Dr Zelensky uses a unique approach that combines two widely known studies, one in S Korea and the other in France, to prevent the progression of COVID-19 into Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. He has had complete success with all 699 at-risk patients ..and counting.

Basically, by eliminating the worst presentation of the disease (ARDS), many lives are saved and ventilators are no longer necessary. At that point you have what amounts to a regular flu presentation. A complete game changer!

• James F says:

Maybe you should ask someone whose mother or grandfather was spared a painful death of slowly drowning from the fluid building up in their lungs whether or not it is a wonder drug.

Thanks for the concern though.

43. dallasdan says:

From the Politico article included in SD’s commentary:

“The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday issued an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine…for coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence.”

Politico could not resist taking its sour grapes shot at the President by claiming “despite scant evidence,” which is patently false.

• Judith says:

Of course they omittee the ZINC, which is the whole point of taking the Hydroxychloroquine in the first place. Hydroxychloroquine is a vehicle for the zinc to enter lung cells to prevent replication of the virus, which reduces viral load and stops its progression to Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. See Rudy G’s podcast with Dr Zelensky.

• Judith says:

*omitted

• California Joe says:

Zinc is a vitamin OTC
          type. It doesn’t any FDA APPROVAL.

• Judith says:

True. But if they leave zinc out of the drug regimen, then there’s no point in using Hydroxychloroquine (which already has FDA approval for other indications.)

For ARDS, hydroxychloroquine works in conjunction with the zinc, so they should at least mention both, and tie them together in the COVID-19 treatment protocol.

• spoogels says:

You mean the Politburo

44. sunnydaze says:

Dayum. Trump’s a genius.

The only people who can’t see it are braindead Democrats.

45. spinoneone says:

HC is commonly used to treat Lupus. So far not a single individual being treated for Lupus with HC has been reported as coming down with Covid-19. It is likely a good preventative as well as a cure. We should make it available to all of our first responders/police/medical personnel immediately.

• islandpalmtrees says:

You bet, that’s best use.

• Judith says:

Don’t forget to make it available to COVID-19 patients most *at risk* to suffer Acute/Severe Respiratory Distress Syndrome: Aged 60+ and/or underlying medical conditions.

Although the majority of those under 60 years of age recover without intervention, those high risk groups are in desperate need of early intervention to prevent deadly lung complications.

• amwick says:

Laura Ingraham mentioned something about countries that still have malaria.. People take Plaquenil as a prophylactic.. There is very little c19 in those places.

46. cherokeepeople says:

if a dem state hospital is conducting the tests you can bet they will say none of those that received it got better.they all died.

47. ltravisjr says:

Watch this turn out to be the saving answer to covid19 and while studying how they find that it can also cure the common cold. Wouldn’t that be something! Silly I know, but after this last couple weeks I’m gonna indulge my imagination a bit.

48. Liberty Forge says:

Here’s the latest from the New York doctor who has had great success with the hydroxychloroquine/Zinc/ZPack combo:

699 patients treated to date — no deaths.

49. islandpalmtrees says:

Well done MR President!
    Prevention is the best use for Chloroquine. So let’s get this drug out. And, the people back to work.