CDC Issues Travel Advisory Urging Against Travel to New York Metropolitan Area…

President Trump tweets the following message:

The CDC sends additional guidelines via a Domestic Travel Advisory:

Due to extensive community transmission of COVID -19 in the area, CDC urges residents of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut to refrain from non-essential domestic travel for 14 days effective immediately.

This Domestic Travel Advisory does not apply to employees of critical infrastructure industries, including but not limited to trucking, public health professionals, financial services, and food supply. These employees of critical infrastructure, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, have a special responsibility to maintain normal work schedules.

The Governors of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut will have full discretion to implement this Domestic Travel Advisory. (link)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Donald Trump, Infectious Disease, media bias, New York, President Trump, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

269 Responses to CDC Issues Travel Advisory Urging Against Travel to New York Metropolitan Area…

1. freepetta says:

Gee I thought not traveling to NYC is common sense 💁🏻‍♀️

• Tall Texan says:

Common sense to me since de Dipshat was elected Mayor

• scrap1ron says:

I never was a big city person. However, due to my job as a NYS Corrections Officer my first assignment was at a facility on Long Island, and spent a brief time at Sing Sing as well. Over the years I also had to take inmates on trips to NYC for funeral visits and the like. Too crowded and crazy for me, though it’s home to others, including some of my relatives.

So I guess I was a social distancing pioneer before it became cool. Don’t fence me in.

• freepetta says:

Yes you probably invented social distancing in the correctional system. I think that was a good thing. 💁🏻‍♀️

• Big Jake says:

Social distancing was popularized by School House Rock.

“Elbow room, elbow room, gotta’ at’ get me some elbow room.”

Instead we are flooding the nation with immigrants and ramping up population density. Is it any wonder diseases like the Wuhan Virus—and Voting Demonrat—spread so easily?

• Big Jake says:

“Got ta’ get…”

Stupid typos!

• Big Jake says:

Gotta get.

I have to train this danged iPad. Excuse me for a moment.

Gotta get. Gotta get. Gotta get.

Got to get.

Got ta’ get. Got ta’ get.

I really hate autoincorrect.

• Dabigragu says:

Turn it off. Did so on my iPhone however now cannot say “damn auto-correct” 😏

• TonyE says:

It is the tool of the Thought Police Devil.

We use English, Castilian and Japanese words in our everyday language… specially when discussing food.. And when I practice my really bad, Tony-san-no Engrish-meets-Gaijin trains of thought, I’m sure that every so often I must come up with a horrendous insult to some good, upstanding Japanese municipality.. Fortunately for US-Japan relations, only my wife, my cast iron pans, my wine glass, santoku knife and moi get to hear it, and my wife is quite generous… 😉

The auto-correct feature is racist. 😉

• The Devilbat says:

Just two weeks ago a New York city treeper was bitching and whining about not being able to go to restaurants. Other treepers in now infected areas openly boasted that they had just had dinner in restaurants and that the car parks were full. Still others have and still are writing that Americans will not take much more of this and that their rights had be trampled on. To all this I say “WAKE THE HELL UP YOU DUMBASSES.”

• freepetta says:

Agreed Bat

• wondering999 says:

Devilbat, I wonder if it was restaurants spreading virus, so much as schools. Thought this article was interesting. The writer keeps claiming that schools were “deep cleaned” after discovery that students or staff were infected with Covid-19. No description of how the janitorial staff were outfitted when doing that “deep cleaning” was provided. I imagined the janitors who had helped at my kids’ NYC school when we lived there… and then imagined them getting on the buses and subways and going home to families/extended families in little apartments, touching elevator buttons etc.

While it’s important to know how many medical staff have gotten infected, I have a burning question — how are the janitorial staff doing? They are also critically important in this chain of transmission (or stopping transmission)

2. Mo says:

Letting The States deal with it. Cuomo needs to get it together before New York turns into New Wuhan. https://twitter.com/TectonixGEO/status/1243006977594273792

3. T2020 says:

Hey, most of us who work in NYC have already been in quarantine/social distancing for about 2 weeks. Another 2 weeks will drive me insane, since my dog and I are getting on each other’s nerves. 😡

• ezpz2 says:

❤️

• Risa says:

Dogs are pack animals. They don’t do Social Distancing.
      Your dog is just workin’ you, trying to trick you out of an extra ration of treats. Guilt. Sometimes very effective.

This advice was volunteered by my own dogs. Who charged me extra treats as their fee.

• Lady in Red says:

Yeah me too, along with my dog, cat, and husband. And my freaked out neighbor, who follows everyone with a can of lysol.

• Garavaglia says:

Yep..I think we all have at least one freaked out neighbor. This herd mentality of panic and fear is baffling to me. I feel like I have been placed in an ant farm and some higher power is watching my reaction to this and taking notes…lol. Very surreal.

• John-Y128 says:

I have a senior friends, one older than me, one younger, who won’t stop by but want me to grocery shop my way to their house for them.

• lol…my nephew who lives in NYC has been “quarantined” for a month bzc he unfortunately went skiing in Italy in Feb. His employer Samsung (Korean) made everyone self quarantine if they had been to any of the countries affected.
      He prol wishes he had a dog …

• Bec74 says:

My dog and my family have never been around each other so much! He is confused, but also very happy. I, too, have been social distancing at home for just over 2 weeks. I am thankful I am not in NYC but rather Westchester County because I can at least walk outside. I’d go crazy in a small apartment. Unfortunately, I think they will keep us locked in until May at the rate things are going.

4. JohnCasper says:

“It seems odd to issue a “travel advisory” against travel to the New York area considering that everyone is supposed to be following ‘stay-at-home’ and social distance guidelines.”

It’s a camel, a horse designed by a committee.

5. ezpz2 says:

Maybe it’s up to the individual states to monitor travel from hot spots like NY, NJ, etc into their states.

Isn’t Governor DeSantis screening people coming in from those states into Florida and requesting (requiring?) them to self quarantine for 14 days?

• Tl Howard says:

And the gov. of RI.

• snarkybeach says:

the ACLU is suing him for it…

• Linda K. says:

I think Trump is trying to wake up New Yorkers. You have corona virus . Stay home.

• Kaco says:

Hi, Linda, sorry I didn’t get back to that post on my regional CoC call, I got distracted and didn’t get back until earlier today. But I replied on there. You asked me what he said. Thing is he didn’t really say anything. Just listened, probably thought I was a nut, although I wasn’t yelling or anything. I think he said okay, might have said thank you. It was kind of odd that it might not be an organization with any regional offices per se because “Ryan” answered the phone without any identification of who he represented.

• Linda, I think our President is trying to tell New Yorkers that the public is blaming them for the spread of the virus because they won’t stay in NY. Just like New Yorkers in total are blamed for AOC being elected rather than just blaming the Bronx.

• X XYZ says:

“The Bronx. No Thonks!” (Ogden Nash)

But realize that due to a previous redistricting a portion of AOC’s district is also in Queens.

• Somebody says:

Yes DeSantis is requiring them to quarantine, but there are no teeth to it and they’re doing what they want. It’s all talk, Florida doesn’t have the resources to track them all down or check up on them. If these people intended to follow the rules they would be sheltering in place. Violating the
      “Quarantine” is a 2nd degree misdemeanor 🙄

They caught a guy getting off a flight from NY to FL in Jacksonville. He had tested positive in NY and was supposed to be quarantined, instead he flew to Florida. I don’t know how they knew, maybe NY told FL??

So they force the guy into quarantine here in FL in the hospital. Everybody that was on the plane with him from NY, they asked to pretty please quarantine.🙄 Between foreign tourists, cruise ships and spring breakers Florida already was seeded. Now the people fleeing shelter in place in the NE and people fleeing the overrun New Orleans area are coming here.

Florida is going to be the next hotspot. Our positives are growing by about 30% the last 2 days, 25% two days before that, but testing has increased too. Florida has a lot of seniors who are vulnerable.

A travel advisory to NY, big deal, completely meaningless

• ezpz2 says:

Wow. What a mess!

• Peoria Jones says:

The first case of Covid-19 (and death) in central Illinois a couple weeks ago was a woman from Florida. She had traveled to IL to visit family, and was hospitalized within a few days of arriving.

It’s doubtful she got it in corn country. Most likely brought it from FL.

• Sentient says:

It’s probably coming everywhere, just a matter of time. Try to slow it with social distancing. Soon the CDC will tell everyone to wear masks (even homemade). At the first sign of infection – or before – try to lessen its effects. I’m not normally one of these natural food / home remedy preachers, but green tea seems to help zinc across the cellular barrier. Once within the cell, zinc stops the virus from replicating. Zinc is sold out a lot of places (but keep trying). Zinc tablets or supplements by themselves are of minimal value without an “ionophore” to assist zinc into the cell. Those include EGCG (in green tea) and Quercetin. It is surmised that the way hydroxychloroquine might work is by transmitting zinc across the cell barrier. Remember: green tea + zinc.

• Judith says:

Yes, someone posted a video of Mayor Giuliani interviewing Dr Vladimir Zelenko, who said the same thing, that he believes hydroxychloroquine provides a “pathway” for zinc to enter lung cells to slow replication of the virus there.

De Zelenko said the virus causes lung cells to die off and “shed” to the bottom of the lung. The accumulation of this dead lung tissue leads to Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome in susceptible patients (60 & over, or anyone with an underlying health condition).

He surmises that the azithromycin, or z pack, is helpful to knock out any “secondary bacterial” infections that may develop in conjunction with the COVID-19.

This doctor has treated hundreds of patients in the Hasidic community with great results. “Great” meaning nobody has died yet. I think only two were hospitalized with pneumonia, none on a ventilator.

If the viral load advances to the point where patients require ventilators to breathe, roughly half of them do not survive. The key seems to be getting this medication into those most susceptible to ARDS, to decrease the viral load in their lung issue.

• X XYZ says:

““Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.”. (Yogi Berra)

• John-Y128 says:

Regarding NY’ers, he close the barn door too late, now he’s trying to be ahead of LA travelers, but NY and LA immigrants won’t be happy here, it the same as what they left, maybe they should of went to Idaho instead.

• andymilken says:

The issue is “voluntarily” self-quarantine. If the people are willing to follow the protocol, then New Yorkers shouldn’t have traveled in the first place. I guess fear overtakes any self of responsibility and a clear mind.

6. Chip Doctor says:

Oh snap……I was planning on going there tomorrow. Guess I’ll have to stay home in sunny SWFL. 🤣🤣

7. King Arthur says:

Unless it’s Alinsky logic and “seeding” the chaos to another locale (ie Florida) is just another part of the agitation for change…Ahh, modern Dems.

• Ninja7 says:

King, I believe that you hit the nail on the head, it is the Seeding. Why else would you have the schools open two more weeks, go to the show, Chinese New Year etc.

8. Bob says:

No small number of people are pressing for a nationwide quarantine. They (desperately want the President to finish killing the economy.

Trump called their bluff. And they folded.

He has the best political mind in a generation.

• Mariposa323 says:

My thought exactly . Any thoughts on why India with 1.2 billion people only has 60 cases?

• John says:

Hydroxychloroquine.

India is one of the places that malaria is prevalent, so locals and travellers take this to prevent malaria. A number of tests has confirmed antimalarial drugs are effective at not only “curing” the disease and also preventing it. These drugs are readily available over the counter and are affordable to the average Indian.

You’ll find areas where malaria is prevalent, the virus us almost nonexistent.

• mac says:

If India really has only 60 cases, it will be nothing short of miraculous. Their government lies almost as much as the Commie Chinese.

• TreeClimber says:

All that spicy food they eat. Kills it off.

9. keeler says:

“Due to extensive community transmission of COVID -19 in the area, CDC urges residents of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut to refrain from non-essential domestic travel.”

This is advising people not to travel *from* NY, NJ, and CT.

The CDC guidance link above is from the 26th. It appears to be an addendum directed at truck drivers entering the NYC/Tri-State area, clarifying an earlier guidance for people leaving this area to self-quarantine for 14 days; truckers leaving NYC/Tri-State need to take precautions but were exempted from the March 26th advisory.

So tonight’s advisory is a stronger message (you should not leave) upgrading an earlier advisory (if you do leave, self-quarantine for 14 days) which had a clarification directed at truckers attached to it on the 26th.

• Mo says:

I read it as to, from, and in between.

• keeler says:

To, from, and in-between are all in place now.

This specific advisory is directed at travel from and in-between, however. For one, it specifically advises against domestic travel but does not mention self-quarantine, which was already “advised” some time ago. Secondly, it specifically mentions Tri-State residents, and is not a general advisory for all domestic travel. Thirdly, we know several governors have taken steps to deter Tri-State residents from entering their states; we can infer this advisory is an attempt to address the concerns of those governors.

Essentially this is telling New Yorkers “Going to another state is not self-quarantining. Stop immediately. [Or else?…]”

• Mo says:

Thanks for the clarifications. Yes who enforces? I imagine they will each ask their National Guards to handle that in coordination with each other and their state police? Hopefully it’s just a short while longer until Didier Raoult’s hydrochloroquine azithromycin cocktail proves effective for full FDA approval & a cheap accurate antibody test comes online.

• Mist'ears Mom says:

President says this mandatory quarantine is not necessary

• James says:

If I were a trucker,I would not go into that state.They have truckers and trucking firms which are NY based,you pick a spot or spots to drop the trailers and the NY ones pick them up and leave empties or loaded trailers leaving NY at same spots for PU.UPS and FedEx have yards which do the same thing.

• freepetta says:

Cuomo is foiled again says Boris Badenoff 🤦🏻‍♀️

• ZC says:

How does he do it? I mean, really. First he says this (March 10, 2020): “New Rochelle is a particular problem,” Cuomo said. “The numbers have been going up, the numbers continue to go up, the numbers are going up unabated — and we do need a special public health strategy for New Rochelle.”
      Where does he get the balls to go on CNN and say these things now?

• coastermomohio says:

Seems to me that President Trump is getting Cuomo to make the argument against this nationwide lockdown for him. Cuomo is saying the President can’t tell people where they can and cannot go. He’s threatening to sue Rhode Island for enforcing the “stay at home” rules that the governors have put in place.

• Guy-Blanc Déploré says:

Pretty much this. ⬆️
        The President has pulled “Coomoe” in front of him like a hostage/human shield. Coomoe can’t attack at some future point saying “the President shoulda…” without a major hypocrisy backfire, and the Fake News Lugenpresse can’t take shots at PDJT on this issue without hitting the hostage. 😏

• andymilken says:

The dude has no more ideas to minimize the spreading, so he NEEDS to blame somebody. Unless they go into the full quarantine mode like China, I guess his dream of becoming the president is crashing down on him. It was his health officials that contributed to the spreading issue by promoting the political correctness crap.

• andymilken says:

That is the DIFFERENCE between the US and the ChiCom. The ChiCom sent its army to arrest and lock up their citizens in their “hospitals.” They even welded and sealed the front door of the people’s residences so they can’t go out.

• noswamp says:

There is a disconnect here.

10. jello333 says:

Trump: “A quarantine will not be necessary.”

Cuomo: “Wait, what?! I was all ready to scream louder and lay the blame on Trump. NOW what am I gonna do?!”

• bertdilbert says:

He made everybody write a story they have to round file. I wonder if the dem journalist were angry after being played by Trump? Now they need fresh talking points for all the Sunday shows.

• Just Beachy says:

I had the feeling all along that some sort of reverse psychology was in play. I recognized it from dealing with a teenager. Whatever you say, they argue the opposite. Eventually, you learn to say the opposite of what you want in order to get what you want. Ex: 17yr. Old tries on a gorgeous Lilly Pulitzer dress she would never wear in a million years. Me: That is hideous! OMG, your father would never approve of new shoes to match! Just ask him. I’m texting as fast as I can, “Say No, say no.” Foot stomping and small tantrum ensues…
      Voila: Beautiful and appropriate outfit for a family wedding. I just have to remember to give a disapproving look now and then. 😉

• Judith says:

Well, *reverse* psychology definitely holds true when you are dealing with a corrupt and lying Enemedia. My general rule is to not only ignore every single thing they say, but to always look *away* from their red laser dots. Do not chase those dots. Do not entertain them at all.

The *real* action is always taking place behind the scenes, where they don’t ever want you to look. It takes a great mind to ignore their circus and focus on what is really important instead.

President Donald John Trump has got what it takes -in spades- to pummel the Enemedia into oblivion. The rest of us are slow learners. Painfully so.

• Magabear says:

Great point about not chasing the red laser dots. The left always has a more devious agenda hiding behind their talking points.

11. 4sure says:

Residents from these states should NOT be allowed to travel to other areas. And selfish NEW YAWK CITY residents need to stay the hell in NYC. If they want to spread the virus among themselves, have at it. Just stay the hell out of my area.

You made your bed with incompetent corrupt commie leaders, now lie in it.

The rest of us want to get back to normal lives and we don’t need a bunch of selfish yankees spreading the chi com virus. We have ponied up 6 trillion dollars ,stayed put for damn near a month, suffered economic ruin, and we are getting a little pissed with selfish people who don’t think they have to follow the rules.

• ezpz2 says:

Let’s remember that we’re all Americans, and we’re in uncharted territory.

Let’s not blame the residents of NY. It can’t be easy on them, or anyone for that matter.

• fixintostand says:

We may be in unchartered territory, but are all in the same boat. Do not be an apologist for selfish and arrogant people. I live in rural America, lost my income yet I am doing what is asked of me for the 15 day slow the spread, they can too! They look down on flyover country because they are the costal elite, and they know everything, and they are so much smarter than us, and know so much better what is good for us. Well, it didn’t work out so well by the people they elected into office to represent them, losers that could care less about them and drugs, ventilators, etc., that could help them in this crisis. They are where they are, let them deal with it on the same playing field,.15 day slow the spread. Being who they are, rules don’t apply to them, they just want out of their nirvana and escape to anywhere but where they should be and bring their virus baggage with them. Not fair they should endanger those of us who play by the rules.

• TradeBait says:

Normally, you add “lesson learned” for people who are so self centered that they don’t care if they spread the virus, they just want to save themselves. But they never learn because they are all about ‘me’. That attitude rules the northeast. To deny it is to deny the nose on your face. It’s still there even when you pretend it’s not.

I offer appreciation and will help anybody no matter where they come from who does the right thing that is good for the collective body of America. JFK – their hero of old – said it as well as anybody as we know. The selfish that violate the public trust were told up front that they could be asymptomatic or have a mild case, yet could carry it to people whose immune symptoms were compromised. They did not care, they travelled anyway. Shameful conduct that will have serious consequences.

• X XYZ says:

So what do you say to the Conservatives who still live in NY, including NY City?
          From reading this site I’m convinced that there are at least some Conservative New Yorkers in this discussion who are still living there. They are outnumbered but they didn’t cause NY to become a socialist hellhole.

Is this just an expression of smugness and old fashioned prejudice – of tarring everyone with the same brush?

Some might ask why didn’t they cut and run to another state? Many did cut and run. The same applies to California. The same mass flight that occurred from neighborhoods that turned bad now applies to entire states. To which I ask, where do you think you will go when there is nowhere left to run to?

There are only three possible options in life: fight, flight, or cope with your environment.

• Bendix says:

But we’re SUPPOSED TO blame New Yorkers.
        We are supposed to have started a civil war over this.
        I amazed at how many Treepers play along.
        I am still reeling from yesterday, a man who stated he would run where he wanted to was mocked and told he should have said Yes Sir to the police or they might take him to jail with sick people.
        New York City produced Donald Trump.

Sundance has been building a reputation as the premier site to go to, to find out the truth about President Trump versus the forces of globalism.
        We aren’t going to get many converts if someone should come here and read some of the sick, anti-American comments.

I have family down in the city. My area, the Albany vicinity, ought to have yuge numbers of people sick with the coronavirus by now, because of the constant flow of people to and from New York.
        But somehow, we do not.
        We see many who tested positive for the virus. Guess what? The reason we don’t see all these people tested positive for flu is because nobody gets tested for flu unless they are hospitalized.

The superstitious will always be fearful of the other.

• Peoria Jones says:

It’s unfortunate that people are playing into the hate. I’m a midwestern flyover “yankee.” We had no cases in our region until a woman came up from FL. She was hospitalized shortly after arriving, and died. I don’t feel compelled to call her names.

• daylight58 says:

But I haven’t forgotten the “Jesusland” vs “America” map of the [Lower 48] United States from after the Presidential election several years ago, either.

• powderdayrules says:

ezpz2, I DO blame the residents of new york for their selfish, elitist behavior! Poor new yorkers aren’t the ones leaving! It’s the ones with second homes! They are worse than spring breakers (the stupid, uncaring), these liberal pukes know full well they are harming others, but couldn’t care less! They are COMPLETELY accountable for who they elect – Kaiser Wilhelm deblasio who allowed the chinese new year parade to happen against all medical advice. So here in southeast MA they are filling up their summer homes, so we can share their plight. Same thing in the rest of New England and upstate NY. Eff them!

• icthematrix says:

Simple…follow guidelines. But they won’t because…well…they’re part of the resistance. The Resistance can do whatever they please. Hate the President, well, he’s not your president then. Lawlessness is justified.

• Mechakong says:

This is AMERICA. We are free to go where we please within the confines of laws not edicts. You are letting a lower life form (virus), which may or may not have negligently been released on the world, make us forget about the Constitution.

• Magabear says:

Good point. People should keep in mind too that if lockdown orders weren’t given in the first place, then maybe people wouldn’t be leaving their home bases to go elsewhere.

As to often happens when big government gets involved, the solutions only worsen the problems.

12. joeknuckles says:

According to Cuomo, we’re not welcome in New York anyway.

13. alliwantissometruth says:

OK, I know in NYC there’s a large population condensed in a small area, but if people are staying home and following the guidelines, the virus shouldn’t be exploding

I’d like to know the demographics of those being hospitalized. Who exactly are the ones not following the guidelines and going out, hanging out in largish crowds, exposing themselves?

It couldn’t possibly be all the wonderful inhabitants of the third world our government swamped us with…. could it?

• keeler says:

The virus has already exploded. The numbers are reflecting the past, not the present.

Infected people take up to 14 days to develop symptoms, and might not at all. Based on available information, the infected appear to then be sick for up to three weeks. The explosion in cases we’re seeing is due to increased testing more than newly-acquired infections. Most confirmed cases caught the virus some time ago. Hopefully, as the testing catches up we will see cases level off.

• Mist'ears Mom says:

No its not-90% of those being tested are negative. The tests are not identifying sick COVID-19 people or carriers.
        In fact the # of deaths is extremely-extremely low per the numbers of confirmed cases.
        Just bcz you are a case doesn’t even mean you will have symptoms. I assume only those getting tested are those with a cold or flu symptom… those that are hypochondriacs or psychosomatics

• keeler says:

I believe you’re reading too much into “exploded.”

In the sense that the number of cases have increased in some areas, yes it has “exploded.” However, you are correct that about 90% of test results have come back negative and that deaths are low… about 1.0% of all positive tests, and about 0.1% of all tested. Considering that many people who were asymptomatic or experienced mild symptoms were never tested, those numbers are likely lower.

My point was the increase in cases reflects conditions from 1-2 weeks ago, not the current situation.

• Dogsrule says:

My 25 yr old son and three of his friends were exposed to the virus at work. All came down with mild symptoms for a week or so and are now fine. They were never tested and are not part of any statistic. They are just working from home.
          You cannot know the death rate of this virus without knowing how many people actually have it/had it and there is simply no way of knowing that. Thousands of people like my son and his friends are never counted and don’t die. If they all were able to be counted the death rate would go way down. So all the percentages of those dying from the virus are ‘best guess’ estimates.
          And the government can inflate or deflate these ‘best guess’ estimates at will.

• cccp3-o says:

My point all along. The denominator, at some point, will be 230M. All will have been exposed, most unknowingly and/or asymptomatic. Those with comorbidities will be the most effected.

• MfM says:

The number of people exposed and possibly having a mild case need to be tested to see if they have had it. Also people who think they had it earlier this year.

We will continue making decisions with a blindfold on until we do.

Maybe that is the reason they aren’t doing it.

• The NYr’s have had PLENTY of time to understand and know who Governor Cuomo Really is; they’ve experienced his style of governance for many years.
        Yet they continue to vote him into high office. What to do? Who to blame?
        We do live in a constitutional republic with democratic – elected leaders.
        Should we feel sorry for people who prefer open borders?
        How many homeless on the streets of New York City have become infected with the Chinese Flu?….You expect me to believe that the germs are not touching the homeless of New York City? Seriously? Where are the CDC’s numbers on that section of the population…or the illegals that the open-borders, sanctuary New York City have walking around or hiding in the dark corners….where are those numbers?
        Come on now…use a little bit of common sense.

• Judith says:

Not every Noo YAWKER is a commie. In fact, I am very proud to hail from the same region of the state as our very stable genius, President Donald John Trump. I helped him get elected. You’re welcome.

There are many fine people here who are unfortunately out-voted by our city cousins. Don’t paint us all with the same brush.

And when your friends and neighbors start dropping like flies from this pandemic that began in CHINA, I hope you receive more compassion than you have shown others here.

• Somebody says:

Up state is very conservative, in fact many parts of NY are, but NYC rules the state. It’s similar in other states, large swaths of CA vote red, but the cities tilt everything blue, blue.

• Seneca the Elder says:

Judith- as a lifelong, conservative New Yorker, I thank you for your post.
            It is very sad that many of the suburbs outside of NYC that were once Red are now Changing to Blue.
            There are many reasons for this including the fact that the NY Repubs are a bunch of corrupt incompetent fools who can’t keep up with the Demon Rats who just took over.
            NYC has become a real s- t hole in many ways.
            Every block is covered with scaffolding, literally, that is where the homeless bums and thugs hang out. There are not a lot of cops on the streets and they keep letting the murderers rapists and criminals out of jail to further terrify the people who go outside.
            Cuomo and his Gestapo know there will be no resistance or civil disobedience. 9 million people gave up their lives, Freedom and Liberty without so much as a whimper
            That is the tragedy.

• Pleeze…………….give me a fookin’ break…you’re breakin’ my heart!
            Just where do you think I was born and raised, along with my entire family?…..Hmmm???
            Virtue signal all you want, all day long….The Communist Moron Dictator got there Some How; Some Where….just sayin’!!!

• Judith says:

Commie Cuomo got where he is largely through election fraud, with assistance from our local RINOs and the union strong they all pander to.

Meanwhile, *FEDERALLY* funded NCOs and CHURCHES secretly backfill (formerly red) communities with millions of cheap slave laborers, to undercut American wages. Coffin meet nail.

This tried-and-true NWO formula holds true for many parts of the country besides NY. Have you really escaped it? Take a good look at our CONgress. I weep for this nation.

Pontificate all you want, but unless you live in a cave in Alaska, this CHINESE virus will reach every corner of the USA, nomatter WHO you voted for. (I’ll take that guy from QUEENS NY any day. )

• Bravo, Bravo, Bravo!!!!
                I love that guy from Queens, thank you very much! I helped him get elected….
                OKay…let’s all get scared about that nasty germ that China, Nancy, 6-ways-from-Sunday-Chuck and Say-it-Ain’t-so-Joe..got somehow released in a world where no one can go potty without the GD government watches in your bathroom.
                Why not tell me another fairy tale?
                Look, you can go crazy on all this crap and it’s okay. I really don’t care.
                But what I do care about is the truth that we are in a WAR because and ONLY Because Donald John Trump was duly elected United States President, according to the United States Constitution and we are a Constitutional Republic.
                Now just go stomp your silly NEW YORK STATE FEET some place else.
                Because it is what it is at this time and your rationale is not at all relevant and
                Have a nice life…figger it out!!
                Me…down here on the lake and in the woods in a great Red State…I have more important things to do….like pull the weeds in my beds and plant the perennials now and continue to weed like Hell because we have had a real rainy season..and bye the way…think we will have braised pasture-raised chicken legs with South Carolina grown rice and fresh dandelion greens..with bacon, garlic and eggs…yum, yum…and don’t forget the wine…ah yes, the wine…what’s your preference, white or red?
                Enjoy the communist state of New York.

• wondering999 says:

abigail, if you go to Project Veritas, there is a video that explains exactly how NYC elections work. It features Alan Shulkin, former Election Commissioner of NYC. Please watch the video, it is educational.

Shulkin had to resign after this video was aired. In the video Shulkin explains how voters are bussed from place to place, and why Voter ID is opposed, and how Absentee Ballots swing the elections, how DiBlasio issued ID cards that could be used to vote fraudulently: PLEASE WATCH.

It takes more than a few random people to stop this kind of crap. God bless James O’Keefe and Project Veritas

• Yep; Love Project Veritas.
                I’ve known this for many years.
                Back in my day, we were just laughed at and derided as low-class imbeciles.
                This imbecile left NYS many years ago and those who are left are sucking up the scum from the pond…..good luck with surviving that!

• Amy2 says:

I don’t think Abigail was saying that, and btw could we start making a distinction between the CITY of New York and the STATE of New York when commenting? That said, NYC IS a hotspot, no denying that, and they are because of many factors, some of which are self-inflicted.

• I can identify with the plight of New York State. Vermont is in a similar situation, with most of the liberals/commies, who control the politics, living in the more densely populated areas around the I-89 corridor and into Burlington. This illustrates the difference between the result of a democratic election, where the winner is decided by one-person-one-vote, versus the electoral college, where the votes are weighted, to not give an unfair advantage to those in the cities.

Another issue is same day voter registration, where anyone can show up on election day in a town polling place, register as living there, and vote. As far as I can determine, you don’t need to show a valid driver’s license, but only complete and sign a form stating that you are over 18 years old, a resident of the state, and a U.S. citizen. I hope I am wrong, but I cannot find any information to the contrary.

Many people own second homes, whose primary residence is elsewhere, even including some foreign countries. Then there are those with short term rentals who move on a regular basis, and could easily come up with multiple, seemingly valid places of residence. I am not implying that these people would be dishonest and vote more than once, but I don’t know what checking goes on to determine that everyone who voted was actually entitled to vote, and there were no duplicates. Of course, as long as this benefits the liberals in power, they will have no reason to change it.

• T2020 says:

You obviously forgot that Cuomo has been kept in office through advanced voter fraud. Illegals in the millions have voted for him and dead people and good old ballot harvesting. He has never won a race without cheating.

• Bendix says:

You don’t understand the massive numbers of immigrants in NYC. Not the immigrants of old, coming here for a better life and working their butts off for it.
          Those blue barrels you see in corner bodegas are for filling with specialty groceries, bought with FOOD STAMPS, to be shipped to places like the Dominican Republic.
          Most of NYC’s rent-controlled housing is filled with immigrants.
          Then a president who is essentially an immigrant if not in fact, teaches hate for America, while the Uniparty abandons working Americans in favor of Indians, for instance.
          People who have come here in large groups, never intending to assimilate, many never intending to become citizens, and now, being allowed to decide what existing aspects of American culture they don’t want to remain, such as statues of Columbus.
          If you think green card holders aren’t voting,I have a bridge to sell you.
          If you think immigrants aren’t receiving ‘benefits’ illegally, well you are just wrong.
          I was mocked as being racist and fearful on this site.
          These are just the circumstances as I see them.
          Cuomo went to Puerto Rico right after the Hurricane, on New York’s dime. I told everyone at that time, this was pandering for the PR vote. Not in NYC, he already has that. He wants to sew up the votes of the Puerto Ricans who moved to Florida in large numbers after the storm.
          Y’all should have gotten more riled up about that, than about some elderly people from NY wanting to get away from a disease, a disease they probably haven’t even got.

• nimrodman says:

agree with Keeler on the point that present situation likely reflects seeding 14 or so days ago

The entire city’s been milling about, taking the subway and hanging on straps and poles for close to 2 months since this was probably set loose in NYC.

Chinese New Year parade was Feb 9, a time when DiBlasio (I think it was) was telling people to “go out and hug a Chinaman” – or words to that effect – in rebellion to PresTrump shutting down flights from China Jan 31. Like a petulant teenager, rebelling against Daddy.

This bug’s been out and about and spreading in NYC, having been smeared on all public surfaces and with many in the population having low-grade flu or undetectable asymptomatic infections.

The “social isolation” campaign of the past 12 days or so cannot undo that.

“Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind”
        Present whirlwind was sown 2, 3, 4 weeks ago

My view at least, YMMV

• MAGA Minuteman says:

All very good points posted above, like New York holding Chinese New Year celebration and New Orleans holding Mardi Gras. It almost seems like those areas were allowing the virus to come into their areas despite clear words of caution about the virus. I believe those two events took place after the President shut down flights from China. He shut things down and you called him racist.

Why is it that the areas getting hit the worst are all Dem controlled areas, NY, CA, WA, LA, MI? Just a coincidence?

The leaders of those areas will say, “Oh, we didn’t know and yes mistakes were made.” They will try to deflect the blame onto President Trump. I’m afraid that’s not gonna work this time. He’s clean as a whistle. You local governors and mayors, not so much. You own it.

• BEndix says:

Totally unscientific, but doesn’t it almost seem that the further from the actual sick person the virus travels, the less like to get sick from it?
            What I mean is, the New Rochelle lawyer who got sick, his family is okay.
            They used to tell us that you caught cold from touching people. Everyone knew you got sick from people who were coughing all over, but for a while they insisted it was touch.
            What I’m saying is schools of thought go in and out of fashion, when it comes to disease transmission.

• X XYZ says:

It is caused by BOTH. You shake hands with someone who has a virus and then you touch your mucous membranes (eyes, nose, etc.), transmitting it to yourself. Or you are in a enclosed environment where the virus is airborne due to the irrepressible coughing and sneezing of someone who has the virus.

No, the fundimentals of viral transmission remain the same, and we all need to be aware of them.

• MAGA Minuteman says:

Quick clarification: when I said “you called him racist”, I was referrring to those who called him racist, not anyone posting here.

As far as petulant teenagers, it’s like pretending they are sick when it’s time for chores, but then suddenly pop up and say they feel better when it’s time to go out for ice cream.

We’ll see how all these petulant teenagers behave when their areas remain shut down and other parts of the country start back up.

• FrankieZee says:

I would like to see for those people who have died from this virus, How old are the people and did they have other severe medical issues, and how many of these people in NYC were homeless.

• Judith says:

Most of those dying are aged sixty and over. The majority of those younger than sixty have underlying health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or respiratory conditions like asthma.

• Michelle says:

I think part of the problem is that even if they are staying inside, people in NYC are living in buildings with a lot of people. If you’re in stores you’re with a lot of people. Also, Cuomo said the reason it exploded in NYC is because they “welcome people from around the world.” In other words, perhaps they shouldn’t have criticized a travel ban. And for a while, De Blasio encouraged people to go out and about and not be afraid of the virus (implying it would be racist to stay in).

• Robert Smith says:

Or maybe because they showed up Trump’s travel ban by holding a big Chinese New Years parade.

• adam says:

It’s spreading in NYC because they live on top of each other. It’s as if dense urban living is unhealthy … or something. Come on, this isn’t about immigration: It’s all about population density and reliance on crowded public transportation. You know, the IDEAL breeding ground for a self-replicating biologic weapon … just sayin’.

• Bendix says:

I agree about the density, adam, but the more mass third world immigration, the more new tenement slums are built by wealthy crony developers, built on the cheap, to house them all. Whole families living in a couple tiny rooms sometimes.
          Already stressing the medical system, while at the same time NYC and environs started shutting down hospitals.

I also object to the way mass immigration has made my upstate area more congested. One reason I live here is because of te amount of open space. Every time we have a housing bubble, in come swarms of foreigners, and farmland becomes subdivisions.
          Then the local media runs articles telling us the reason we don’t get more outsiders choosing this area is our lack of diversity.
          I don’t care if nobody else moves here. We are a large geographic area, and although are cities are not large in numbers, the Albany region is one of the country’s major metropolitan areas now.
          BTW, the immigrants from the darker-complexioned areas always, ALWAYS, buy or lease a gas-guzzling SUV as soon as they arrive here.
          We Americans have learned to do more with less, our incomes have not kept pace with the cost of living, but our governments keep the flow of immigrants high, even though it is unsound from an environmental standpoint, to prop up things like the sale of vehicles they claim to not want the rest of us to have.

Oh, but the only reason I can object is that I must be a racist, right?

• Somebody says:

Many people in apartment building are sharing ventilation systems. Even if they’re not, they are all using the same front door, elevator, hand rails on stairs, etc.

Unlike people with suburban homes they lack the space to stock up. Their refrigerator is a small apartment size, ditto freezer. They have no choice but to go out shopping for food. Their stores are small and couldn’t accommodate them stocking up weeks worth of food items. People in big penthouse apartments could, but those people have cars and even private planes, they’re the ones that left.

• Snellvillebob says:

Most NYC residents live in large hives sharing common heating/cooling ventilation systems.

• wondering999 says:

Not just the apartment buildings — the office buildings have closed windows and nasty ventilation systems. Some have open cubicle workspaces. The open cubicle design is how a neighbor caught TB back in the 1980s at AT&T offices

• Bendix says:

Tat should be a lesson, they’ve been building those high-rise immigrant hostels all over the country; most recently HUD was pushing them as “more efficient”, but they are for social engineering purposes.
        We decided those things weren’t good for our poor, but they are still going up for the world’s poor.
        SARS spread rapidly in China through the plumbing in those high-rise buildings.
        There are lids on toilets for a reason.

• Judith says:

The FEDERAL government was extremely busy on Obola’s watch, seeding formerly red communities with thousands of high density firetraps to house -not seniors as touted- but millions of cheap foreign laborers.

That was the *real* reason they were all built, through taxpayer-funded HUD. It’s all spelled out in UN’s Agenda 21 New/One World Order, signed by poppy Bush in 1992. So is their climate change bs. It’s about herding the people (then blasting us with a virus? Hmm)

• oldumb says:

Check this video from NYC Dr Price a busy covid ICU doctor. From Weill Cornel Medical Center. He is addressing his friends and family.
      Watch at least 10 minutes.

• scrap1ron says:

Ever try to herd cats?

14. Tiffthis says:

I mean, with 190 flights a day landing in Fl, it’s not that weird to give a “travel advisory”. Obviously not every American is following the 15 day suggestion

15. stobberdobber says:

No one should be traveling unless absolutely necessary. Truckers delivery persons etc< are the only people who should be traveling from state to state. My landlord went to Florida and is coming back this weekend and still planning to come out to their office to collect rent. I am not going in to their office. I am paying online this time.

16. 335blues says:

Maybe this is to contain an overreactive mayor who is trying to insinuate his importance?

17. fred5678 says:

CNN: Trump BACKING OFF and BACKING DOWN versus DECIDING in consultation, etc., etc.
    Geobbles is smiling in his grave.

• Risa says:

With the vastly reduced traffic through airports, is there anyone left to watch CNN?

• Bendic says:

I have a friend (it’s a strained friendship) living in Florida, He says he’s “liberal all he way”.
        Not sure if he’s rethinking his support of wide-open borders or not, but get this- he hates CNN!
        The reasons why are fuzzy, but he thinks they aren’t really liberal. He’s right. I’ve been saying for over thirty years that no, the MSM isn’t slanted left. Their slant is that they have their own POV, which is neither left nor right.

18. Drogers says:

To be clear – I separate the good citizens of NYC from whichever Democratic hack is currently infesting both state and federal political offices.

The proud folks there have proven as tough and resilient as any reared in our country.

However, there is an unmistakable whisper campaign saying their fine governor might just be the ticket for a brokered convention. That means both the party elders would have to bless the nomination Plus at some juncture Hillary and Bill would be consulted. I am not in the least bit convinced Hillary would allow a presidential candidate without the initials H. C. And Treepers that is on person I would not like to get crossways from.

• Bendix says:

Andrew stood aside for Hillary before. He will not do so again. He has even talked about this.
      They don’t call Andrew the Prince of Darkness for nothing.
      BTW, there is a book called The Contender you might consider reading.

• littlequilterkitty says:

This was very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

• ZC says:

Thanks for posting that.

• Dances with Wolverines says:

What’s it about? Maybe just a little description so nobody has to click on a blind link, thanks

• kjhumphrey33 says:

Corona virus hoax in Italy and Germany. A freelance reporter. English captions. Worth your time to watch it. Very interesting insights.

• donna kovacevic says:

The link from Germany although I did not watch right to the end it was mostly in German with English sub-titles. A journalist is asking different doctors from Berlin and around about this flu, the majority are saying it seems to be more a political virus than a medical, the media misrepresents many different stories including this one. I have watched many individual videos of some of these doctors and they all are saying the same thing. Influenza is never broadcast, but this covid is to cause panic and fear. To sum it up, they themselves do not understand what all this paranoia is all about. They say people die daily and now if one falls down the stairs and dies they will contribute it to the virus. It is interesting, I understand a little German, but they speak way too fast, plus direct dialects like from Austria etc is even harder to comprehend quickly. I am not one for sub-titles hence I got what they were saying. Most of us treepers already know what is being said in this video. I would recommend it. I hope I made some sense, stay safe. May God Bless us all.

• Bendix says:

That’s what I’m saying. People are throwing around the “number tested positive” figure as if it has any practical application.
          We don’t test for ordinary flu, unless the patient ends up at death’s door, so you can’t compare the numbers.

I recommend the video too. That Doctor Klaus looks a bit like a smarter Richard Gere, doesn’t he?

• Now, You can turn ANY pneumonia case, or Pre-existing conditions, into a COVID-19 case *Now*.
      And 650,000 die each year of influenza, WHY? isn’t this being broadcasted?
      Now you can turn “any” death into Cornia-19 by a technical trick, causing PANIC!
      It’s a “trick” with statistics & numbers, say IF, you had a smoker, or overweight person arriving at the ER Dying of a “final” infection, COVID-19, do you say He/She died of smoking or over eating for 30 years? OR Died of a virus?
      The MSN Media plays with Numbers & emotions..

How can you shut down the world w/out DATA? Because then, you are Labeled a Conspiracy nut…

Though the Final story is always the same,, GIVE US Monies, We’ll protect you from some “unseen” Danger..
      (Quote from a Doctor)

• X XYZ says:

As was stridently stated:
        “You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.”
        Rahm Emanuel

19. fred5678 says:

February 9 NYC Health Commish. encouraged everyone to hop on the subway and come to the Chinese New Year parade, apparently not realizing that viruses live on surfaces for at least a few hours and subway riders share vertical poles and straps coming to and going from the parade. Subways are fantastic as airplanes are for spreading viruses.

Has she been in public the past few weeks???

20. Mist'ears Mom says:

Are blood transfusions part of covid-19 therapy? I would like to know why I am seeing a red cross give blood commercial every 10 minutes on the teevee?
    Do we really need more blood or is it more hysteria producing or more of an opportunistic venture?

• George Hicks says:

I would imagine the normal volume of blood donors has dropped off drastically due to people not wanting to leave the house.

• progpoker says:

I would imagine there is always a need for blood and with these lockdowns the supply is drying up. More to your point, I did see one story about using the blood from people recovered from the Chinese Virus a a therapeutic…

• bkrg2 says:

Jerome Adams (surgeon general) answered this questions a couple days ago at the daily task force briefing.
      Basically, people have been stuck inside and others are afraid to give blood during a virus outbreak, so donations are way down.

I had the same question & suspicion as you – so I was glad Adams talked about this.

• keeler says:

“The Food and Drug Administration will allow doctors across the country to begin using plasma donated by coronavirus survivors to treat patients who are critically ill with the virus under new emergency protocols approved Tuesday.

The FDA’s decision comes a day after New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that the state’s health department planned to begin treating the sickest coronavirus patients with antibody-rich plasma extracted from the blood of those who’ve recovered.

The treatment, known as convalescent plasma, dates back centuries and was used during the flu pandemic of 1918, in an era before modern vaccines and antiviral drugs. Some experts have argued that it might be the best hope for combating the coronavirus until more sophisticated therapies can be developed, which could take several months.”

However, the commercials might be due to an increased need for “normal” blood as well.

• ConfusedLurker says:

There are some plasma transfusion therapies being tested.
      The idea is to take plasma from a person who develops immunity and transfer the white blood cells to pass on the immunity.

I think the Red Cross is just calling for blood because this is a down time for donors.

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

Their donations are down because people are home bound and afraid to donate blood at this time. They are not hysteria peddling.

• TwoLaine says:

Lou Dobbs talked about both of these topics weeks ago.

The Surgeon General urged everyone to donate blood in one of the CV briefings too. He used his whole time slot to talk about donating blood.

Blood centers across the country cancelled their mobile visit schedules, and that is a lot of the problem. They should visit every town for a day. They would probably have lines out the ying yang.

The other subject not heard often is herd immunity. Dobbs show has been all over it and Rush’s too. Both currently being held down by guest hosts.

21. Bogeyfree says:

ICYMI, Good video with what sounds like good results from Dr. Zelenko who was interviewed by Rudy on his program.

He uses a 3 ingredient cocktail for his treatments.

hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and zinc. He provides the dosages that he prescribes for this 5 day treatment.

• Somebody says:

I realize this is “anecdotal”, by Fauci standards, but we have a friend who was hospitalized recently for Covid-19. She was never put on a ventilator, but she continued to decline, 02 levels declining, fever spiking.

4 days she continued to decline. They started her on hydroxy chloroquine, azithromyacin combo, not sure about zinc. 8 hours later she said she felt better, but her stats didn’t reflect improvement. About 12-14 hours after starting drug combo her stats returned to normal. She maintained normal for another 24 hours and was discharged last night. Absolutely miraculous the way she turned around.

This drug combo may not work for all patients, but I’d sure want it if I ended up in the hospital with corona virus. It appears to work for the overwhelming majority of patients it has been tried on.

• Steele81 says:

Husband and I have told each other to fight for this med cocktail should either of us get sick with the Chinese virus.

• Sentient says:

Where was your friend treated? In NY, it sounds like Cuomo is trying to force people into their Random Controlled Trial (where you have a 50% chance of getting a placebo) by prohibiting hydroxychloroquine to anyone else. If you can’t get hydroxychloroquine or the illness seems to just be getting a foothold, green tea + zinc could approximate the same effect, although perhaps not as effectively. Green tea + zinc = poor man’s hydroxychloroquine.

22. George Hicks says:

One of my coworkers told me yesterday, her boyfriend who lives in Queens and is a runner, was doing his daily run through his neighborhood park and their were cops there monitoring everyone’s “social distance”. One of the cops told him to “slow down” LOL!

• Snellvillebob says:

Can they really give joggers speeding tickets in the Big City?

• Bendix says:

As if people well enough to go for a run can make others sick by coming within two feet of them to pass.
      This is about compliance, not about a virus.

• Sentient says:

It may seem improbable, but it’s not impossible, since one can supposedly be infectious before symptoms appear. When I run (waddle might be more accurate), if I have to pass someone too closely, I hold my breath for a few seconds. If I could just get my 58 year old joint to feel like when I was 28.

23. POTUS: “The federal government is here to help, but ultimately states are best equipped to make their own decisions.”

Dems: “That’s crazy! The federal government needs to step in and take control!!!”

POTUS: “Federal quarantine of NYC may be necessary.”

Dems: “That’s a declaration of war!!!! We don’t need federally quarantined, let the states handle it!”

POTUS: 😎👍

Well played Mr. President! 🇺🇸

24. CountryClassVulgarian says:

President Trump: To control the spread of the Wuhan Chinese virus I’m banning all travel from China
    Fredo-2: How dare you. Do your job!!! You’re the boss
    President Trump: To stop the spread of the Wuhan Chinese virus to other states I’m going to quarantine NY because its a hot spot
    Fredo-2: How dare you? I am the boss here. That is a declaration of war
    President Trump: NY is now responsible for its citizens spreading the Wuhan Chinese virus to other states.
    Fredo-2: Oh snap! What just happened

Our President is indeed a VSG.

• Snellvillebob says:

I did notice that he gave all enforcement to the Governors. In other words, he told them to govern as they were elected to do. Can you imagine Fredo-2 doing that as president? No way. They call Trump a fascist to project their own fascism on him. Projection is the left’s most potent weapon and they have gotten very good at it.

25. How about FROM New York? They seem to be invading our ” closed” beaches here in Mexico Beach, Florida. We have very few resources already. Decimated from Hurricane Michael. No gas stations, no grocery stores, no restaurant unless they have starting to work out of trailers. I understand that the community is in dire straits and want to recoup revenue…. However.. Thanks a freaking lot for leaving the residents wide open and vulnerable to anyone who comes here. I don’t get why they would be so inconsiderate.

• thesavvyinvester says:

Bingo, I wonder if this is a backhanded don’t leave NY by tightening the easiest place they may go aka CT & NJ…. BYW, Coumo is starting to remind me of Christopher Walkins the way he talks, I am afraid is going to give me a watch….

• Tl Howard says:

He and his father share a very odd cadence and yeah, he does sound like Walken because of that cadence. I never made the connection before. Walken, of course, is a New Yawker.

26. Mary Ann says:

Rhode Island has banned New Yorkers and said they will stop any cars with NY plates..
    I have seen more out of state plates than usual in our shopping centers..
    The shelves are thin so they just wasted gas..
    Two woman were fighting over the last bag of cat food.. not whining, it is like this all over..

27. rah says:

The company I drive for has a Nestles load that goes to Big Geyser in Maspeth, NY (Queens). If they try to send this 64 y/o there I will refuse. They can send a younger driver.

28. Sammy Hains says:

Meanwhile Joe Biden is warning about the Yoohan virus that’s coming. He says the government may need to do something about it soon.

29. Boots says:

“The Governors of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut will have full discretion to implement this Domestic Travel Advisory”
    —–
    Under what authority is the constitutional right to freely travel being suspended?

Under what authority do the governors have “full discretion” to implement this?

What, exactly, constitutes “implement”?

Anyone???

30. Countrywatch says:

Tips about preventing CV transmission from doctor on front line:

• Bendix says:

Same advice as goes for flu. Nobody is getting sick because someone ran past them too close on the beach, though.
      They are overemphasizing this “social distance” thing, to the point where people won’t go to a healthy friend’s house, for fear they will stand too close and spread the disease.

• Sentient says:

They’re emphasizing social distancing because there aren’t enough masks. The Asian countries that have effectively suppressed the virus’ expansion haven’t closed their restaurants – they all wear masks. Not fancy ones, either. KF94 masks. If we had enough masks, the government would be telling people to wear them.

• Alleycats says:

My kids think I am a prescient genius because I have preached this exact message for several years. I’m immune-compromised, have lung disease, and RA.

I’ve spent the last several years washing my hands all day, carrying sanitizer, using anything BUT my hands to open doors and never touching my face.

I only use public restrooms when absolutely necessary. Even then I touch nothing at all with bare hands.

Every surface in my house – that can tolerate it – is cleaned with bleach.

I never have, and never will, hide from the world and stop living my life.
      God did not promise us tomorrow, yet I thank Him every day for today.

31. icthematrix says:

Living in Florida, there is major concern over the travel influx from NY/North Eastern corridor. Governor is using National Guard to process incoming at airports for self-quarantine but doubtful this is being followed. A neighbor encountered a couple in their community yesterday going into an Open House next door. The man said “keep your distance, we just flew in from NY”. 😡🤬! Unbelievable!

Doubtful a governor has the power to halt all air travel coming from those states. Connections via other regions airports bring folks in also. Unless you are prepared to shut down all air travel, and seal the borders with Guardsman to deny automobile entry, it’s nearly impossible.

Panic is not justified, nor the absurd overkill being done by design to tank our economy. Yet the people screaming the most seem to find ways to ignore the requests to take responsible measures on their own.

32. DeWalt says:

The Democrats destroyed
    manufacturing in the Northeast decades ago so the country won’t suffer to bad from a lockdown of these states.

33. Methinks the bovines hath already escapeth thine barns, Governors!

34. I am extremely suspicious of every “public servant” and government employee who works for the State of NY, especially those in NYC and the immediate suburbs.
    I say this from many years of experience dealing with these creeps during the course of my business and professional life. Based on my boots on the ground, day to day experience, I don’t believe 99% of the pronouncements that are coming from Il Duce Cuomo and the county execs.
    Westchester county exec Latimer is an extreme, left Dem Commie who got elected with the help of illegals and voter fraud in addition to massive numbers of liberal morons who always vote the D line.
    One example – I am finding it almost impossible to get information about our Westchester/Putnam hospitals to find out what is really going on inside. I am not seeing any reports on social media or elsewhere from nurses, doctors or medical professionals or even employees who work in these places. Usually I scan all the local groups for inside info but there is none.

I am very skeptical as far as how much these hospitals are being affected. My guess is that they don’t want to be flooded by patients from NYC so they are keeping a tight lid on how many beds they have available. I did a drive through of my local hospital (northern Westchester) and the parking lot was empty. Less activity than a normal weekday. No ambulances or police cars. No visitors. It was an eerie sight.

President Trump refers to the Chi Com Flu as the “silent enemy” but that also applies to the fascistic bureaucrats and politicians who now have a stranglehold on our State. They got their wish. They are in complete control of our lives. We are now a totalitarian state- a Gulag.

They can tell us what to do and when to do it. They have put many of us out of business, especially the smaller outfits like ours. Many of us will end up being dependent on Government handouts, at least for the time being. Every day I wake up and think when will this nightmare end?

With all of the earnestness at my command, I hope and pray that our great President will start to reopen our Country before our enemies take away any more of our power and our liberty. You can’t let a power hungry ideologue like Il Duce Cuomo get used to being king.

• Bendix says:

Seneca, I can tell you for fact that your fear is not misplaced.
      A great many government workers work very hard and are very knowledgeable, but when they try to transmit that knowledge and implement the actions they believe are best, it goes through numerous filters first, all of them political, and the bigger the crisis, the more likely the information getting out and the policies put in place are coming directly from a politician, based on what some ignorant sycophant hacks have told him will fly.
      I know this. We have seen it before.
      Cuomo even has the public blaming the rank and file government workers, the ones that actually do keep you safe, for the “crime” of being eligible for a government pension.
      There is nothing wrong with pensions. It is all about what the politicians do with them.

Cuomo could be receiving advice from the most expert of experts on Earth, and there would still be a huddle full of hacks before it was determined what the public would be told.

• Bec74 says:

I know for a fact that Westchester Medical Center and Phelps Memorial Hospital are not overrun with COVID-19 patients. My neighbor is the town manager and I asked her yesterday what was going on. She answered both of the hospitals I mentioned above are in good shape. By the way – the town keeps a list of every address where there is a positive cases. She knows where they are in town. She mentioned to me that the majority of cases have a nexus to NYC (ie a commuter).

• Bec- thanks very much for the info. I think that our hospitals don’t want to get the word out that they have beds to spare.
        They will be completely overrun by an unlimited number of NYC patients.

• jello333 says:

We have 2 nurses in the family, one in Illinois, one in Colorado. While they’re both taking this seriously, they also both tell me that their hospitals are not only NOT over-crowded/overwhelmed… it’s just the opposite. It’s far LESS busy than normal. The assumption is that that’s because of them cancelling most “elective” visits and such, in preparation of a POTENTIAL panic surge. Who knows what’s to come, but as of right now… not much.

35. Doug Amos says:

Obviously. New York, New Jersey, Conn, Mass, Mich, Ohio, Penn, Missou, Kan, Co, Id, Or, Wash, CA, and more do not know what they are doing. President Trump does and daily he surrounds himself with more who also do; they give the world a chance.

36. Mike in a Truck says:

President Trump did not include the following as essential: Nancy Pelosi, Hollywood celebrities, professional athletes, the MSM,DNC, Joe Biden,Bernie the Commie, AOC and the Clod Squad. The list goes on but I think we could live just fine without the ones just mentioned.

37. paulashley says:

Did the CDC do this for H1N1? The seasonal flu? Is anyone in power courageous enough to say the Wuhan emperor has no clothes?

• Mike Robinson says:

I’m waiting for this obvious fact to occur to someone.

This is really a power struggle, testing the limits of how much liberty people are willing to give up when they are frightened. Both H1N1 and the seasonal flu have killed thousands of people and we never did this in response to any prior contagion.

When the “blowback” finally starts, it’s gonna be fierce and nationwide if not worldwide. And, I think it’s just about to start. Yes, this could easily cost PDJT his second term because “the buck stops here.”

38. 6x47 says:

Does this apply to NYC and NYS residents taking advantage of the shutdown to vacation in Florida?

39. Bendix says:

Once again I’m going to mention the woman who came back from Iran sick with the Chinese virus.
    Cuomo et al did not believe she was contagious on the plane. But then we hear that you can be sick and spreading the disease for two weeks before you show symptoms.
    I have not heard of any ‘containment’ efforts wherever the other people on that plane went.
    Yet he told people like me, 150 miles from the epicenter, to stay in our homes and keep away from everybody.
    It sounds like the first case would have been too inconvenient, too politically incorrect, to gin up a panic around.

BTW, people going to Florida who are not sick pose no danger to Floridians. A license plate cannot make anyone ill.
    Wash your hands after seeing one, if it makes you feel better.

• 6x47 says:

In your answer you say that one woman returned from Iran, was not “believed” to be contagious, but it turns out she was and set off the epidemic in NYC. Then you say asymptomatic New Yorkers, who are not believed to be contagious but are coming from an area with uncontrolled community transmission, should freely move about the country.

Seems legit.

• theasdgamer says:

You can have a coronavirus infection, be asymptomatic, and spread it for maybe a week at most.

At risk people, and their immediate family, are the people to quarantine. Keep grandma and grandpa away from grandkids unless the grandkids are quarantined. And get some Plaquenil from your doc.

40. Evelyn says:

Reposting, I don’t think the first New York City Values link worked:

• lotbusyexec says:

I live in NY and I take offense – That is why PDJT is in the oval office and Ted, well, you are where you are. NY is a great place and PDJT is an AMAZING President. He is as NY as am I. And, I was a Trumplican before Trump ran 😉

41. littleflower481 says:

I just think Cuomo should get off the tv and start managing his state. I personally am really ticked off at the people of NY. While the rest of us are told to stay home, they are off spreading the disease everywhere. Sorry, no sympathy for them…they need to start being responsible adults, and that includes their obnoxious Governor..after this he will be as respected as that idiot Joe Biden.

• theasdgamer says:

The New Yorkers spreading disease are probably not the ones dying from it. Have some compassion. Now you can blame easterners for their liberalism which contributes to problems which are exposed by the coronavirus dem panic all day, in my book.

42. dufrst says:

Other states will have to ban travel from NYC. Florida in particular.

43. cherokeepeople says:

as mentioned alot of ny’ers are packed in buildings like sardines and all share the same hvac system.i read somewhere the n95 masks filter down to 3 microns,the cv-19 is in the 1 micron range so those masks aren’t gonna do ya much good.let alone an hvac filter so if one person in the building has it the rest are pretty much guaranteed to get it.for me out in flyover country with 10 people on my 1 sq mile section self quarantine works.in a 30 story building with 20k other people,not so much .

44. theasdgamer says:

CDC…useless academics…where have they ever come out and told the public that parents should keep little John and Suzy away from grandpa and grammaw and away from Uncle Jack who has diabetes and COPD. Practical communication is essential.

The virus will be spread by truckers through truck stops just like the initial infection was spread by Chinese students and tourists. The CDC is useless.

• sDee says:

“CDC…useless academics”
      Fauci’s resume is the model of the Peter Principle. Straight out of residency into a career CDC bureaucrat. One puffed up publication and award after another.

So, we have here a classic textbook outbreak and they go from worthless,to political hacks in 3 seconds flat.

• Mike in a Truck says:

So your comparing Truckers to Communist Chinese eh Slick? You- I want to see broke down on the side of the road sometime.Oh one other thing: GET OFF MY HIGHWAY.