Steve Bannon: “If We’re Gonna Go Through Hell, Let’s Go Through It Quickly”….

Steve Bannon appears on Fox News with Maria Bartiromo to discuss the U.S. response to the coronavirus.   Bannon advocates for a military style shut-down of the U.S. to shut down everything now and get through the crisis as quickly as possible.

This entry was posted in Bailouts, Big Government, Budget, CDC, Coronavirus, Death Threats, Economy, Election 2020, Infectious Disease, Legislation, President Trump, Uncategorized, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

300 Responses to Steve Bannon: “If We’re Gonna Go Through Hell, Let’s Go Through It Quickly”….

1. Marcia says:

Retired Magistrate here: There is going to be more damage done to Seniors who can’t get their “elective” surgeries done to replace extremely painful bad hips, knees and other worn out parts than from this virus.

About a year and a half ago, I was in an auto accident and suffered post traumatic arthritis in my left hip; it was down to bone on bone in 4 months. I am 72 years old, and have had chronic pain for years due to an autoimmune disease, but have never had pain that bad. If someone would have told me I could not have my “elective” surgery to fix that hip because of people that might come to the hospital because of a virus, I don’t like to think what I would have done. The pain was unbearable and I can’t take painkillers or anti inflammation medications due to stomach problems. Fortunately, got the hip fixed and it is doing well. My heart goes out to those that had surgeries scheduled and now have to delay them.

Of course, our Gov. DeWine just put everyone on a stay at home order because we now have 351 cases in Ohio with 3 deaths.

This is not a health crisis; it is a constitutional crisis and our country is hanging in the balance crisis!

• Kirsty I says:

What you went through was me with an orthopaedic injury…
      I had to have emergency surgery, so I only had to wait three days.
      When that was infected, it took 8 months to get the second one which severed my tibial artery and caused two more surgeries.
      It took four years.
      Welcome to the Canadian and British Health care systems.

• annieoakley says:

• Austin Holdout says:

I heard from a friend in The Netherlands today who reports that people with situations as serious as heart attacks are having difficulty getting any medical attention. Their media is reporting that they expect to be as bad as Italy in a matter of a week. Their daughter (pregnant, due in April) is making a Plan B to have the baby at home in case that is her only option a month from now.

This is what stripped down government healthcare looks like, folks. We have a whole generation of young people and a group of idiotic people old enough to know better who think “Medicare for All” means your healthcare looks just like it looks now, you just don’t have to pay for it. Once our current system has been dismantled in favor of “Medicare for All”, they’ll figure it out but it will be too late for all of us.

• Magabear says:

I truly hate RINO politicians like DeWine. No one should have to suffer like you would have due to having to postpone a needed surgery. Heck, you can live in a blue state if you want to be treated like that.

• Rami says:

My husband just had hip replacement in January and thank God he is doing well. I am so glad I finally talked him into it.

• nationalboardertified2001 says:

Marcia, a member of our church family, who is 94 years old, fell and broke his hip this week. He had surgery two days ago. Hopefully, not all seniors are being put on hold and suffering. Glad to hear you are doing well.

2. dufrst says:

Bannon means well and what’s to resolve this as soon as possible, but to shut down the enitre nation is draconian. The US is the essential nation. China can shutdown, Italy can shutdown, but the US can never and should never shutdown as a matter of national security. I believe that ultimately some treatment, such as hydroxychloriquine and zithromax will be the key to ending this and ending this crisis quickly.

With that said, watching the below video informed me of the great risk of the China virus. Understanding exponential growth is key to understanding why the next few weeks are make or break and why it’s very important for people to stay indoors. If we fail to stop the spread over the next 8 days, i would think the president will be forced to extend the 15 days to another 15 days with support from the national guard in the hotspots around the nation to quell the spread. To me that will be the likely next steps…

• LafnH20 says:

dufrst, this is an excellent video. Have watched several times.
      The Lilly/Pond analogy is perfect.

“They” are going to have to pull a rabbit outa their hat to turn this around.

They DO PLAN on turning this around…
      Right?

Any way.. If they can pull a rabbit outa their hat and turn this around them President Trump can as well.
      I figure President Trumps rabbit will prolly resemble a detailed plan more than a rabbit (and be far more MAGA Friendly)..
      I might add..
      Than their “Hollywood Production” BS.

Pray

Wash Your Hands

Watch the VIDEO (Imho)

🇺🇸STAND🇺🇸

• Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

That’s not the right graph. The real CDC graph flatteneed curve is nearly as short in length as the “bad” curve. Flattening the curve means making it much less spikey, not making it longer.

Anyone have calculus? The area under the flattened curve needs to be much less than the area under the spked curve, otherwise flattening is useless.

• John says:

Not useless even if it’s the same or more total number of infected. As stated: the whole purpose is to spread it out over time so our hospitals can handle the case load over time and not be overwhelmed. Only so many bed, respirators, nurses, meds available per day/week/month.

• Julian says:

Can’t agree with that.

This whole virus is the perfect example of fake news.

There is nothing inherently fearful about this virus at all.

Just let it play out and don’t take this crazy measures.

3. CSLewisfan says:

While I understand why so many feel the response is out of proportion to the threat, I suggest those who are Christians read Joel Chapter 2 about the call to a solemn assembly. I have often wondered what it would take for a country like the U.S. to stop everything and seek God. I find it interesting that this crisis is occurring during Lent and leading into Passover. So many parallels. This is a perfect time to repent and seek the Lord. He is truly the only One who can stop this in its tracks.

• frank field says:

I like the thinking of Lewis and your post. Thanks much. True repentance is a choice by a Sovereign God to graciously move His people to repent and return to Him.

I’m praying. Oh. For grace.

4. TarsTarkas says:

For 3+ years the MSM and the enemies of POTUS have been screaming Orange Man Bad wants to be a dictator! Orange Man Bad wants to be a dictator!

Many left-wing pundits and now Steve Bannon are now advocating that Trump become a dictator.

If POTUS takes the bait, that will be the basis for the next impeachment: Orange Man Bad actually followed our advice and became a dictator!

• iswhatitis says:

Agreed.

If President Trump does that – there will be a “pandemic” of blame hurled his direction.

Yes, they’ll do that anyways; but they are just burning for a single-cause focus such as that.

5. noswamp says:

Bannon is the smartest nutjob I have ever seen in my life!!!
    He is so smart, he throws his ideas out for us to hear and it ends up hitting him on the backside every single time.

I agree with some posters on here, how was he with Trump in the first place? And why was he fired? It was ego. Nothing but ego. I do not believe one thing he says because with Steve Bannon, Its all about Bannon, not the country.

6. Diabolik says:

No thanks, Steve. Maybe you should take up model building or something.

7. There is a cost/benefit analysis to this, and it’s not “If it saves just one life…”

30 people are killed by lightning every year. But we don’t shut down the outdoors. Or even generally mandate lightning rods. 50,000 killed on the highways. Still we drive. 3,500 drownings, yet we don’t shut the pools, lakes and beaches. Another several hundred boating deaths. And yet boat shows.

You can ruin peoples health by impoverishing them, too. Not to mention the mental health issues with a Perma-Panic. We’ll know a lot more in a week. Even more in two weeks. But this can’t go on like this for ever-diminishing returns. A free people won’t accept it–nor should they.

• Magabear says:

The way people are sheepishly obeying every dictate coming down from on high their elected officials, I’m not confident they will rebel. Hope I’m wrong about that. Maybe truckers will be the one’s to lead the rebellion.

• ILOT says:

RE: Your lightening and not shutting down the outdoors comment.

Correct, we do not shut down the outdoors because of 30 deaths due to lightening strikes annually. HOWEVER, we have a communist left wing and media that would exploit that news and introduce fear into the masses if meant getting votes or pulled in a demographic. They have no shame, no social rules of conduct. It’s a WAR on many fronts. I’ve been saying for a decade plus…”pick a side”….

8. albertus magnus says:

I am amazed at how this snake oil salesman gets fired by PDJT, goes on a national media campaign to undermine PDJT, disappears for a while, shows back up with his, pretty, pretty words, stirs up SOME of the MAGA folks again, who then attack those of us that never forgot his treachery.

PDJT KNOWS Bannon CANNOT be trusted. NEVER reconciled with Bannon. Bannon should get a shave, his supporters should get a clue, and PDJT should get our trust and support.

9. Loggerman says:

That’s fine, shut it down, but suspend my monthly bank payments if you’re going to shut my business!!!

10. Mist'ears Mom says:

Hey did ya all know: the census enumerating & follow-up response teams have been postponed!
    If you got your census in the mail with your census ID, go online and git er done.
    I can only wonder what kind of impact this could have going forward.
    One big one is all the college students are not in school so will be difficult to count those that do not respond online by April 1. These are the first people counted & follow-up’s on bcz of their going home after semester ends usually in May.
    States with large college populations might get hit hard, it’s hard to tell.

11. Truthfilter says:

Everyday I read and hear about how the flu numbers and stats are far larger than those caused by the China virus.

I live in a rural area 45 minutes south of New Orleans.
    I invite all of you to read reports coming from those on the front lines. Local news.

It doesn’t matter anymore that the Trump hating media is loving the destruction of our economy or that Democrats are capitalizing on this opportunity. We should all expect that. It doesn’t reduce the threat that we are facing.

This is NOT a flu virus that mainly kills old people, smokers, and those who have weak immune systems. MOST of the 837 infections in Louisiana are people in their 40s and 50s. And a large percentage of those are filling up the ICUs.

Read what a respiratory therapist in a NOLA hospital has to say.

Pray in the name of Christ for our president, our governors, our mayors.

• 1togetready says:

I wonder….how many of the dead took Ibuprofen?

• ILOT says:

Thx for the link. I don’t think there is enough out there as far as info to cross that with the HUGE % that contract it and are completely asymptomatic. In the end I’m likely just a tad skeptical that the 40-50 year olds are in seemingly perfect health otherwise. It doesn’t seem to support nearly every other data point. Bottom line, it’s worth avoiding to be sure…

12. Big Jake says:

Feaux-ci sold us a bill of goods. When will Trump stop letting swamp rats force his hand into bad moves? His initial reaction of expressing calm was the right one. Now we’ve cratered the economy over a cold hoping the effects don’t reverberate.

I am losing over $500 a day in my pocket over this and I’m just glad I have a small MAYDAY fund to get me by. Others don’t have that luxury. Let’s get back to business.

13. jeans2nd says:

Bannon is an id10t. Where is Alex Jones when you need him? The two of them would fit together nicely.

14. Mike Robinson says:

The problem here is that nothing in the actual epidemiology supports the idea that any of these “draconian measures” will actually be of benefit – nor to support “two weeks.”

15. walt39 says:

The faster we go through hell the more people we will leave behind.

This is likely to be a pretty grim experience even at best. Bannon’s idea would make it worse.

16. upper379 says:

Lets say this state of affairs such as social distance , staying at home etc. were to last till the election.
    Question: which places are the LEAST likely to vote. My answer…Big cities and urban centers like NY, LA, SF, Philly, Boston, Baltimore etc,
    These are mostly Democrat strongholds. How many votes will NOT be cast.
    Probably millions. Trump voters will walk through fire to cast their vote, especially in smaller towns and rural areas. The results will be devastating to the Dems.

17. Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

I agree with Bannon. I think it will cost us much less to implement the most stringent policies right away. And let me tell you, I will be greatly incovenience by it, I’m not proposing it because it will be easy for me to get through. But the virus needs to be starved.

H1N1 2009 pandemic had two peaks, one in the Spring and another in the Fall. We don’t want to have this with SARS-CoV-2.

18. 13wasylyna says:

Never trust Bannon…he is just like Glenn Beck…he has a screw loose

19. Loren says:

Using the word military a little to easily, by these people. And by the way what is “military style shut down” mean? Those that have been in the military know its done at the point of a rifle.

20. Athena the Warrior says:

The stupid clown was fired for a reason.

21. Kid Jupiter says:

Anyone who thinks it’s a good idea to completely shut down and suicide the US economy in response to this BS is OUT OF THEIR F-IN MINDS!!!