President Trump and First Lady Melania arrive in India for a two-day state visit.  The Trumps’ were greeted upon arrival with full pageantry and personal warmth by Prime Minister Modi.  WATCH:

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, FLOTUS, History, India, Melania Trump, President Trump, State Visit 2020, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

76 Responses to Extravagant Greeting with Massive Excited Crowds as President Trump and Melania Arrive in India…

1. Tiffthis says:

Nice pics 👍🏼

2. Maquis says:

Merveille!

3. Perot Conservative says:

POTUS won’t visit Pakistan. Ouch.

India PM actually playing hard ball on trade. Should be interesting now that USMCA has been passed.

• Tiffthis says:

Perot I saw something on the news link on the other thread about the paki leader leaving to go to a wedding somewhere and that the timing was in poor taste. I wonder what’s going on…. 🤔

• Kirsty I says:

I would suggest that one can’t praise India and Pakistan at the same time. I trust his choice will auger well.
        However, if anyone could be onside with both, PDJT would be the one.

• Jack is Back says:

yes, i agree – relations between the two are at a stage where a visit to Pakistan must be done under a different frame, with sufficient time to have passed so that this visit to India (… and India first, in the eyes of some who are quick to perceive any potential slight …)

By the way, was not our First Lady absolutely radiant? Truly, there is a beauty and light that shines from within her! I sometimes think that First Lady Melania may just be America’s finest Ambassador to the world.

The JG

• CharterOakie says:

With their prior and perhaps ongoing support for the Taliban and AQ fighters in Afghanistan, I can’t imagine Trump offering Pakistan any diplomatic or other courtesies unless and until the Taliban end the violence and come to terms with him.

• Jack is Back says:

The JG

• Jack is Back says:

sorry about the double-tap – don’t quite understand how my computer decides to do this 🙂

• teabag14 says:

Totally agree. This time the both of them descending from the aircraft literally took my breath away. What a stunning couple! Watching their arrival, the greeting from PM Modi, & the pageantry caused me to marvel once again how anyone – anyone on this planet- could believe that the US & VSGPDJT are not widely loved & respected. I remember when PDJT first took office. Right off the bat he began developing relationships with world leaders. One after another after another was invited to the White House. Strong & wise. ❤

• Sunshine says:

Paki leader is saving face.

• Dutchman says:

Modi can play hardball, all he wants, who has all the cards?
      He has to let go of tariffs, and crack down on I.P. theft.

This he will do, what choice does he have? PDJT and he will play nice, like PDJT played nice with his good friend Abe from Japan. So, it will take awhile, but Modi and he will deal.

4. conservalicious says:

CNN is frantically figuring how to turn this into a Joe Biden rally picture…haha

5. I wonder how the Dems will try to discredit Trump on this trip? They’ve done it on all other foreign visits.

6. Deplorable_Infidel says:

I got a real kick out of the statues. How appropriate for what our President has to deal with at home.

7. Kirsty I says:

The POTUS should write, “The Art of Diplomacy”, as he proves once again that he is the ultimate geopolitical strategist.

• Kitty-Kat says:

He comes well by the meaning of the name “Donald”

Donald – Wikipedia
      Search domain en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donaldhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald
      Donald is a masculine given name derived from the Gaelic name Dòmhnall. This comes from the Proto-Celtic Dumno-ualos (“world-ruler” or “world-wielder”).

8. wodiej says:

Truly heartwarming and hopeful.

9. ATheoK says:

The silk spinning wheel looks cool.

• prognomore says:

I’m pretty sure they were spinning cotton. The device is called a Charka, and was an important part of Ghandi’s political movement and independent India’s identity. Here is a little bit about its meaning: https://politicsofphotojournalism.weebly.com/blog/margaret-bourke-white-gandhi-at-his-spinning-wheel

For President Trump to be photographed using at the beginning of a state visit is YUGE.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

that is nice to learn. At the movies recently, we just saw the trailer for the soon-to-be-released “David Copperfield” movie.” I did not know this was in the works, so in the opening moments (trailer is at IMDB now), when the scene included the harp symbol, I thought it would be a story based in Ireland – and I immediately got interested – But once I heard “David Copperfield,” I was just confused. Until I see the movie, I won’t know why there was a harp symbol in the scene, but this shows that these national symbols can be powerful.

• Raquel says:

Yes, those are silk cocoons near the president’s left hand. I am a spinner myself. It’s impressive to me.

10. ZurichMike says:

I wish our TV moderators in the US would show the President and First Lady 1/100th the respect shown by the Indian moderators in this video clip.

11. Publius2016 says:

Beautiful! Represents our country with love honor respect!!

45 and Melania…Thank you!!!

12. Peoria Jones says:

That crowd size is stunning – reported to be over 10,000, but it looks like more to me. Has anyone found accurate info on this?

13. hocuspocus13 says:

What a beautiful couple
    🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
    I’m very glad the Trump’s represent my Country the United States of America that my Family with great courage boarded a ship to some unknown place and landed there in the late 1890s a place called NYC
    🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

14. TwoLaine says:

President TRUMP to First Lady of Melania at the Taj Mahal: See honey, I told you I would take you to places you have never been before and to sights you have never seen.

15. Publius2016 says:

45 used to own Trump Taj Mahal!

An American original!

16. Redzone says:

Thank you India for showing the respect our President and First Lady deserve.

17. trevieze says:

What an awesome day for the Trump family.

18. TJ says:

Party at Modi’s house!

Let the MAGAMANIA begin!

19. Mike in a Truck says:

Melania looks fantastic! I sure hope the “Modi Look” doesn’t catch on here in the U.S. I remember the Nehru jacket. Didnt fall for that one either.

• AnotherView says:

I actually loved the Nehru jackets and had one. But–hey–I’m an old chic so I’m partial to the 60-70s–the decades of the greatest music. Remember when Mia Farrow trotted off with the Beatles to an ashram looking for enlightenment sans drugs? Didn’t seem to affect the Beatles’ popularity & but Mia’s career took a dive and never fully recovered.

20. How can you not be proud to be an American and be proud of our wonderful president!! I’m going to early voting tomorrow for the NC primary and taking my daughter who will be voting for the very first time. Tomorrow is her 18th birthday and she is so excited to cast her vote for President Donald John Trump!!💜💜🎂🎉

21. corimari2013 says:

India news announcer: “The moment we’ve all been waiting for…with a lot of excitement and anticipation…the arrival of President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump.”
    Genuine hospitality and respect shown by The Press in India, broadcast to millions.
    This is how a visiting leader from another country should be treated.
    Thank you, government, press, and people of India for honoring our President.

22. sunnyflower5 says:

Another beautiful photo

23. L. E. Joiner says:

“The Trump’s were greeted. . .”
    Er. . . The plural of ‘Trump’ is ‘Trumps’.

Sorry for pointing it out; I know proofing many posts a day is hard, but the error is glaring. Thanks for all that you do; I’m citing CTR a lot. /LEJ

24. Zippy says:

It is incredibly STUPID for the POTUS to be near MASSIVE crowds overseas right now. I cannot believe that a country with open sewers in major cities isn’t already infested with COVID-19. 3 cases? Give me a break…

25. lfhbrave says:

Does this mean that Trump is now more likely to support Mike Lee’s bill to give massive number of green cards to Indian tech workers?

26. chojun says:

Sundance likes to give the “against the backdrop” contextual presentation of current events.

Allow me to suggest that this meeting in India is arranged against the backdrop of China in a state of severe economic decline due to rebalanced trade, elimination of finished goods backdoors into the US market (NAFTA) and now suddenly a nCoV-19 that itself threatens to irreversibly halt China’s manufacturing supply chain.

India possesses a rich, Democracy-friendly people who, as a culture, are about to explode into one of the largest and most prosperous economies in the world, far overtaking what China ever could. Communists, take notes.

27. Spurwing Plover says:

Notice the Three Wise monkeys SEE NO EVIL,HEAR N EVIL SPEAK NO EVIL idol

28. noswamp says:

MSM overall silent! Only hyping up the Corona virus. Coincidence? No. They still hope that it brings down our economy.

29. AnotherView says:

Melania gorgeous as usual…..I got a kick out of one the announcers saying “Ivanka & Jared Trump”….LOL

30. MVW says:

When our POTUS brings respect back to and for our County and Countrymen it also is elevating for our friends / other countries. Who can appreciate the respect from us or show respect if we are on our knees begging for others to like us, as liberals and Obama did and still do?

31. Mary Ann says:

It was a wonderful welcome..
    I pray they had a moment to talk about the persecution of Christians and Muslims in India..
    Modi claims to support religious freedom yet does nothing to stop radical Hindu groups.
    I wonder if Melania brought home some of India’s beautiful ethnic wear..

32. Rynn69 says:

The greeting by India was classy. The hug between leaders was touching. Our President looked FANTASTIC in his bright tie and shiny black shoes. FLOTUS absolutely stunning. So, so proud of America!